- Competence Zone: Despite half of the members being kids and teenagers, everyone's contributions are taken into the plans they execute.
- Dwindling Party:
- In the first book Henry is taken down by Damien
- In "Book 2" Chaz is found dead after a solo mission, Sulphate is overpowered in an isolated fight, and Dominic is killed by the radiation of the Moon. Damon dies soon after, leaving Norman as the last of The Sulphate Clan.
- Elemental Powers
- Everyone Is Related: to Lucifer.
- Five-Man Band:
|Name||Role in Group||Role in Story|
|Damon||Sixth Ranger||The Lancer|
|Sulphate||The Leader||The Big Guy|
|Chaz||Number Two||The Smart Guy|
|Henry||The Sneaky Guy||The Heart|
|Norman||Tagalong Kid||The Team Normal|
- Four-Temperament Ensemble
- Dominic: Sanguine
- Sulphate: Choleric
- Chaz: Melancholic
- Damon: Phlegmatic
- Henry: Leukine/Phlegmatic
- Norman: Leukine/Choleric
- Kill 'Em All: All but Norman is dead by "Plain Spotting".
- Power Trio: When left with Dominic, Damon and Norman, due to the others retiring:
- Ragtag Bunch of Misfits: We have: a scruffily dressed hero who dons sneakers and whatever skinnies he has with a clashing top, whose excitable temperament can sometimes get the better of his integrity his Spirit Sharer, who is as much of a hero but with several esteem issues, tending to dress up in a skinny pinstripe jeans and a monochromatic leather waistcoat a large minder-looking guy with roller-skates and a denim jacket and jeans an albino with chunky medical glasses, a bowtie and tight corduroy trousers and a pair of father/son ninjas with tracksuits. They're all good at their vocations despite their perceived differences.
- Retired Badasses
(Born 30th June 1992) 13 years old, he's a maverick and an only child, born into a world he only experienced 2nd hand. He soon becomes the center of it and learns to enjoy the journey. He often dresses messily and is self-outcast from social circles. He is a bassist, singer-songwriter and becomes an arts engineer.
- All-Loving Hero: Sure, there are people he doesn't like but he sees the affability in almost anyone.
- Battle Couple: with Damon.
- BrainComputer Interface
- Chaotic Good: The way Dom does things is a little erratic but he's driven to the right thing.
- The Chosen One: He is destined to join with Damon due to an unsympathetic prophecy although how he does this is completely up to him. This basically kicks everything off event by event.
- Deadpan Snarker:
- Defusing the Tyke Bomb: Dom's empathy towards Damon during book one saves a lot of ache later on.
- The Dividual: with Damon.
- Dreaming of Things to Come: Ultimately defied again and again by Dom. He dreams four times of dying
- Dying Declaration of Love: To Damon in "Book 2":"Through volcanoes and glaciers in this world or two,Naught has impacted the fascia of my heart like youThe moon and the sun have left me quite bereftBut it's in the arms of my one I take my last..."
- Establishing Character Moment: Given to wild, colourful and very detailed dreams which set up his imagination, and the story, very well.
- His recklessness and impulsiveness in Chapter 2.
- Foil: to Damon. While Damon was brought up by a single parent (his mother died in childbirth) Dominic has a complete family unit who love him completely. While Damon's dad raised him into the thick of things and with the express intention of launching him into it, Dominic was protected by his parents and any evidence of the "World of Lucifer" was kept hush-hush.
- Guile Hero: of the "witty" kind.
- Hurting Hero: Dominic is affected by Damon's more direct link with Satan than the former is.
- "I Know You Are in There Somewhere" Fight: to Damon whenever he has one of his "breakdowns".
- Keet: Constantly and consistently untapped reserves of energy when it's needed
- Knife Nut: Fights with two blades since he is a rookie user of his Jinko Staff.
- Locked Out of the Loop: His parents knew exactly how bad the world of Lucifer's Seeds was, so this was as much an attempt to keep him from unneeded pain. Of course, it was inevitable that he'd find out and considering he had a prophecy on him.
- Messy Hair
- Mindlink Mates: With an interesting difference: Dominic and Damon in fact share their spirit so they feel each others' pain. This essentially becomes noticeable when they first meet, intensifies when they acquaint, and starts to strengthen en-masse with the development of their friendship. They start to sleep together way into adulthood.
- Phrase Catcher: Damon likes to affectionately call him "My little sharer..." in reference to their connected spirit.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: the extroverted and energetic red to Damon's introverted and insulate blue.
- Rummage Sale Reject: Dom tends to wear whatever he has in his wardrobe whether or not they clash.
- Shouldn't We Be in School Right Now?: Wake up, get kidnapped at school, save the world, go back to school. Henry SV assures Dom that it's fine.
- Superpower Meltdown: The process of incorrect catharsis makes him release lava.
- Teen Hero: He's barely a teenager and has some pretty horrific things to go through and do.
- These Are Things Man Was Not Meant to Know: He starts to observe some really odd things which led him to see...
- Through the Eyes of Madness: Dom's never quite the same after he starts seeing some pretty mad things, not to mention the nightmares he constantly has or the visual effects of Damon's breakdowns, but this gives him new perspective on situations.
- Unlimited Wardrobe
- Unwitting Instigator of Doom: Merely realising what the main antagonist is creates a quantum condition that alerts it to their cause.
- Warrior Poet: Comes out with verse to suit the situation mainly as a coping mechanism and to keep up morale.
- Wise Beyond His Years
(Born 9th September 1992) He was born into the wrong side of the world. He's converted by The Sulphate Clan and becomes an essential part of the story. He, on the other hand, dresses very smartly. He suffers several breakdown as a result of his numerous spiritual connexions. He is a drummer and becomes a minister of a church.
- Action Fashionista
- Anti Anti Christ: due to Screw Destiny.
- Anti-Hero: Barely a villain in name only to begin with, he also doesn't even qualify for affability.
- Badass in a Nice Suit: A rather esoteric collection of smartness at that, his "suit" is more in keeping with goth ideals.
- Badass Preacher: After he becomes a minister his powers of darkness come in great effect.
- Battle Couple: with Dom.
- Bishōnen: He has black hair which curves round his blemish-free face. In addition he dresses like one, wearing 2" cuban heels, pinstripe skinnies and a monochromatic patent leather waistcoat.
- Character Development: Classical Anti-Hero → Anti-Hero → Co-Hero
- Classical Antihero: Really quite lacking in esteem, his badass moments make him more of an overall hero.
- Death by Despair: Because we see the end of "Book 2" through his POV, it's hard to tell whether or not his triforce gives up or he commits suicide.
- Deuteragonist: Whilst we meet Damon as a main character later than we do Dom, he starts of as this before becoming a Cotagonist. Some parts of the series are even in his POV.
- The Dividual: with Dom.
- Dynamic Character: The changes he goes through between books and in them are quite amazing.
- Foil: to Dominic. While Dominic has a complete family unit who love him completely, Damon was brought up by a single parent his mother dying in childbirth. While Dominic was protected by his parents (and any evidence of the "World of Lucifer" was kept hush-hush) Damon's dad raised him into the thick of things and with the express intention of launching him into it.
- HeelFace Turn: Whilst he was never evil per se, the scene in the Diablo Lot's base being more a natural reaction of being kidnapped, Dominic showing him true kindness officially set him on the side of good.
- I Am Not a Gun: Pretty much his entire diatribe to his dad whenever Damien tries to get Damon back "on side".
- I Hate You Seed of Lucifer Dad: He wants nothing to do with Thorn Enterprises and part of the reason he officially becomes good is because he's never been shown affection.
- I Just Want to Be Normal
- The Lancer: Deconstructed in that he starts to be more and more heroic as he renounces his past. This comes to a head when he takes a level and flies into the sun with Dominic on the search for Damien. In the end he becomes a joint hero.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: the introverted and insulate blue to Dominic's extroverted and energetic red.
- Sixth Ranger: He's the last to join The Sulphate Clan.
- Took a Level in Badass: Damon goes through a lot of these
- His transition from who is essentially Damien Jr. to the person he is at the end of book one.
- The routine exorcisms he needs to perform as a result of becoming a minister.
- Tyke-Bomb: Expressly intentioned to be used against the good side and later "The Sulphate Lot". His and Dom's first meeting actually kicks off a war that was previously in momentary calm.
- You Are Worth Hell: After Dominic gets killed at the end of "Book 2", Damon goes into a crippling decline which ends with him dying of either triforce breakdown or a self-inflicted wound. He notably recovers when he spots Dom working a farm.
Pete "Sulphate" Rush
(Born 1951) A former roadie who died and was reborn from the ashes of his last spliff.
- Boisterous Bruiser: Opposed to Gilgol who has a few scruples with force, Sulphate doesn't mind in the slightest with throwing a few punches.
- Designated Point Man: He goes in first, no arguments, and really doesn't care what happens.
- Et Tu Malk'X
- The Face: Due to his position in his team he's the one who does all the talking when it matters.
- Good Old Fisticuffs: His fists are his only weapon to hand.
- Hero of Another Story: The halcyon Sulphate Clan days and the years in which he was a roadie.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Chaz
- Iconic Item: His rollerskates.
- Identity Amnesia: Being reincarnated means his triforce has skewed and this causes his memories to be out of phase.
- The Leader: Headstrong and Charismatic. He co-founded The Sulphate Clan with Chaz and is an excellent fighter.
- Pragmatic Hero: The greyest of the Clan, he is not averse to doing things he feels the need to do.
- Quest for Identity: Having escaped from the temple, Pete comes under the radar of the software company Chaz works in. The latter's initative and understnading of brains lead them both to reclaiming the former's memories.
- Rollerblade Good: He skates into battle and also makes good weapons out of them.
- Supporting Leader: The Sulphate Clan is the opposing force against The Army Of Satan and as such it's Sulphate's job to lead that opposition.
- You Wake Up in a Room: After being reincarnated from his cremated ashes he wakes up in a temple and has to fight Malk'x amongst others to escape.
(Born October 18th 1976) Great-grandson of Lucifer with a mysterious past. The resident magic user in the group, he may not look it but he is it.
- Bizarre SOL Biology: Chaz' short-sightedness increases as the satanic pull of his blood takes his body.
- Disability Superpower: Inverted in that his eyesight is a big detriment to him as he needs to adjust the phoropters he wears every time his eyesight changes. Although he is a great grandson of Lucifer, the fact that he's an albino with limited eyesight means that any slight difference in his triforce skews his vision.
- Goggles Do Something Unusual: The phoropters he wears have a pouch of interchangeable lenses which can be changed according to Chaz' blood's satanic pull.
- Having a Blast: Chaz' powers allow him to cause atoms to mesh together thus accelerating the volatility of them, resulting in explosion.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Pete
- Iconic Item: His phoropters.
- Mission Control
- Mystical White Hair: Justified in that he is an albino.
- Not So Stoic: He is rather less loud than his team mates but just quietly eccentric.
- Number Two: of the Sulphate Clan. He co-founded it with Sulphate and provides mission support.
- The Short Guy with Glasses: He's not exceptionally short, maybe just a couple of inches less than Henry, but his physical presence is less so than most of the teams. He wears phoropters (those glasses with interchangeable strengths opticians use) and carries around a pouch with lenses in.
- Specs of Awesome: Although he doesn't see them that way!
- Weak, but Skilled: He's not really very strong at all but can cast the most effective magic without help from a focussing device.
- White Mage: Chaz is albino and can cast and wield physical magic without the use of a staff.
(Born August 8th 1974) Son of Ronnie Biggs and the only dad in the group, Henry is the one who infiltrates and spies on The Army of Satan to gain essential information.
- Action Dad
- Badass and Child Duo: Him and his son Norman.
- Berserk Button: Traitors and cowards. Be Malk'x, that'll do it!
- Beware the Nice Ones: Henry is really the most friendliest guy in the world but it's not a good idea to ire him. He will break your neck if you're doing something utterly reprehensible.
- Famous Last Words: When he blocks Damien from Norman, only to find that Sulphate has done much the same(to Sulphate) "Heh, guess I was faster"
- Fragile Speedster: Although he's far more battle conscious than his son, naturally for his age, he's not very strong instead working at the closest range necessary for a quick kill.
- Nice Guy: The most even-tempered SOL and by far the least likely to have a chip on his shoulder. The best dad and arguably the nicest guy in the series. Even though he's prone to the same outbursts as the rest of those he shares his bloodline with he doesn't let it affect him anywhere nearly as much as someone like Sulphate, for example.
- One Steve Limit: Averted, the school headmaster shares his name.
(Born November 3rd 1998) Son of Henry and the youngest in the group, his dad in miniature and a freedom fighter in training.
- Badass Adorable: What kid isn't adorable? Norman is still cute even with blood on his face.
- Badass Normal: He doesn't have fire powers like Dom or darkness powers like Damon but he can carve you up and bruise your rump for good measure.
- Break the Cutie: Watching his dad's death was not a fun experience for him.
- Chronic Hero Syndrome: Since he doesn't have a call, he makes his own calls.
- Fragile Speedster: Due to being not even a fully developed kid he's limited to throwing stars and scaling yards.
- Generation Xerox: To a certain extent. Though he is more adventurous and willing to drop everything for adventure than his dad.
- Heroic BSoD: His "hanging" and the events leading up to it. Poor guy thought it was all real.
- Kid Sidekick: Compared to Dom and Damon, who are young teenagers, Norman is about 7 or 8 and is the sidekick of his dad.
- Lightning Bruiser: Becomes tougher than his dad, due in part to the influence of Sulphate, and manages to hold his own.
- McNinja: He wears a black hoodie and tracksuit bottoms with plimsolls.
- Ninja Brat: He's already proved himself by the start of book one and is only getting started.
- One-Man Army: There's a reason he's the only one left of The Sulphate Clan. Due to the ninja training his dad put him through, and the fisticuff influence from Sulphate, he is disciplined in two forms.
- Sole Survivor: He's the only one left of The Sulphate Clan at the end of "Book 2".
- Straight for the Commander: He's the one who targets and tries to break Damien's neck at the end of book one. Unfortunately for him, Damien throws him off and shoots a retaliatory strike which Sulphate and subsequently Henry block.
- Supporting Leader: Takes up the role later on in the series when Sulphate is dead.
- Tagalong Kid
- Training from Hell: Henry put him through some pretty harsh things as a toddler, letting him play with knives and targets. The exercise he went through as a preschooler (indeed, what school) meant that he was very nimble for that age.
- Tritagonist: During "Plain Spotting", where the action shifts to Earth, and "Heavy Living", where Norman flies missions solo, a handful of chapters are in his POV.
Headteacher of Swath-Kov
Science teacher at Swath-Kov
- Cool Teacher: The science teacher at Swath-Kov, the whole of the school looks up to him.
- Psychologist Teacher: Helps Dom come to terms with his newfound position in life.
- Starts with Their Funeral: Book 2 opens with his funeral.
- Teachers out of School: Averted, Gavin is the dad of Dom's best friend so it's natural that he'd see him at home.
- The Vicar: Led a church before he become a teacher. He teaches Damon in the way of ministerial craft.
(Born March 16th 1992) Dom's best friend and son of Gavin
- Fantastically Indifferent: Knowing The Sulphate Clan is just another social circle for him.
- Muggle Best Friend: He is not related to Lucifer and doesn't have any magic powers.
- Ordinary High-School Student. Gets bullied? Check. Slightly above average grades? Check. His dad works at the school. Check? Yesh, he's not that ordinary!
- The Power of Friendship: Despite the sudden revelation that Dom is related to Lucifer, Harold sticks by him.
- Unfazed Everyman: Although naturally shocked like everyone else witnessing the Van-De-Graff incident, a realistic mindset takes over and he calms down within 5 minutes.
Uno Simpatico Profiso
Dom's prophecy in person and something of a guardian angel to him.
- The Chooser of The One
- Enigmatic Empowering Entity
- Magical Guide
- Meaningful Name: Un Sympathetic Prophecy. Note that whilst the prophecy itself is, by the virtues of nature, unsympathetic, Uno is very kind to Dom.
- The Prophecy: Deconstructed, he is Dominic's prophecy and, because it cannot be deleted by him nor screwed with completely by Dom, he uses his secondary task of self-appointed guardian angel to help many of the pitfalls be less harmful to him.
- Steven Ulysses Perhero
- One: He's the chooser of the one
- Un: A negative suffix (i.e: unbiased)
- Sympathetic: He's understanding towards Dom's cause. It's implied that he doesn't have to be.
- Prophecy: He's the living embodiment of Dom's prophecy
- Professor: He also acts rather like a tutor to Dom in the ways of prophecy
- Affably Evil: They're really a cool bunch of people if you ignore the fact that they exact Lucifer's interests. There are far worse things kicking around in Hell, for example.
- I: Yalda. She does anything she can for the cause but, although she doesn't like doing some of it, seriously considers whether or not kills are absolutely necessary. Damien appears to fit here but he's really a flat-out villain.
- II: Again, Yalda. Due to her past, in which she did and experienced some yucky stuff, she has been left with a code of morals which helped her cope in her first days with The Army.
- III: No. 2. His plans require him to plot for some pretty unpleasant stuff but, like Yalda, he avoids doing things which make no sense. Maybe it's because he'll think it will be a waste of resources, or because he does actually have normal morality, but there's a much higher chance he'll say "Guys, there really is no other way".
- IV: Gilgol. He's the bouncer of the Army and, as a result, there are times when he has to throw his weight around usually to avoid anyone getting hurt more than they need to. When he's not fighting the cause he's a rather friendly guy who likes cooking and going out with Yalda.
- Even Evil Has Standards: They don't go around burning churches but aren't above killing, GBH or inverting crosses, mind.
- The Evil Army
- Four-Man Band:
- Four-Temperament Ensemble
- Damien: Melancholic
- Yalda: Choleric
- Gilgol: Phelgmatic
- "No. 2": Leukine
- Terrence: Sanguine
- Gender Is No Object: which is why Damien hired exactly the right human for the job.
- Pragmatic Villainy: Due to everyone's skills and temperament, these guys really don't murder people unless they have to. Potential deaths are reduced significantly and any ill-feeling towards them is as a result of the trail they leave behind rather than their kill-count.
- Punch Clock Villains: They have social lives outside The Army, especially Yalda and Gilgol who are the Official Couple.
- Anti-Christ: Being the self-described "Perfect Seed Of Lucifer (PSOL)" he believes that he will somehow bring a shadow on the Earth. His dad is not exactly impressed with this.
- Archnemesis Dad
- Arc Villain: He's only the antagonist for books 1 and 2. The force that seems to replace him is pitch black compared to him.
- Big Bad: Although he heads The Army Of Satan in the name of his dad, the way he does this is overtly overly evil and thus he's the main antagonist for the first third of the series.
- Even Evil Has Standards: Even Damien is repulsed by the forces at the end of the series.
- Fake Weakness: He's competent, no doubt, but prefers to use other methods. Thus he comes across as battle-weak. Whether or not this is intentional is not important to him.
- Faux Affably Evil: Comes across charming and sincere but really has his dad's business firmly on the cards. He is not averse towards the art of killing and appears to somewhat enjoy parts of it.
- Lawful Evil
- Noble Demon: Though nowhere near as nice as his dad.
- Non-Action Big Bad: Generally. Growing up in a upper class house as a child means that he is rather adept at fencing. He uses very sharp, very light, and very agile swords when he does step to the gauntlet, therefore.
- Tall, Dark, and Handsome
- Villain with Good Publicity: due to that "Omen" biography.
Extreme tomboy and Damien's right-hand-dude.
- Action Girl: and Damien's one at that!
- Ambiguous Gender: but has rather a female voice.
- Anti-Villain: Yalda started off as one of the lone survivors in a war zone who was rescued by Damien, developing a need to appreciate him for this (II), and brought into his fold soon becoming his top soldier whilst learning how to avoid needlessly evil tasks (I).
- Chessmaster Sidekick: Usually defers to "No. 2's" plans, which are far superior, but it's her final say. In any case, it's usually her dealing with people so split-second reactions come under her remit no problem.
- Do-Anything Soldier: Her solitary experience in her war-torn hometown gave her a grounding in self preservation.
- Drill Sergeant Nasty: which is why "The Army of Satan" is as dangerous as it is.
- Gender-Blender Name: Well quite!
- The Lad-ette
- Masculine Girl, Feminine Boy: the former with Gilgol.
- Meaningful Name: Her name means "Girl-boy" in Hebrew.
- My Master, Right or Wrong: Due to her loyalty to Damien, she executes The Army Of Satan's missions despite how evil they may appear although she helps to mitigate any unnecessary destruction and death.
- Noble Top Enforcer
- Official Couple: with Gilgol.
- One of the Boys: if not THE boy due to being a tattooed skinhead.
- The Squadette
- Team Mum: Despite being driven, and the driver, in missions, she helps patch up her team mates when they are injured and generally takes care of them.
- Tsundere: Dere-dere surprisingly. She's really maternal to her team.
- Undying Loyalty: to Damien due to the former recruiting her from religiously war-torn territory.
A rather large, imposing fellow but a nice guy really
- Affably Evil
- Bruiser with a Soft Center
- Gentle Giant
- House Husband
- Masculine Girl, Feminine Boy: the latter with Yalda.
- Meaningful Name: His name means "Rolling soul" in Hebrew. Nishmito carries a feminine slant too.
- Official Couple: with Yalda.
- Pet The Dom: in the hospital pre(and post)-op.
- Above Good and Evil: Really just wants a chance to be accepted and some-group to call "home".
- Blue and Orange Morality: Really has no time for all this evil crap and only comes on business because Yalda insists and relies on his plans which he personally likes to see executed from time to time. In addition only "The Army of Satan" really gave him a gig.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: He is a bit eccentric to say the least but makes a fantastic plan.
- Crazy-Prepared: His modus operandi. Better to be over prepared with time for happen-stance than to be under-prepared with crap hitting fans.
- The Faceless: Wears a hooded garment due to comfort.
- Ludicrous Precision
- Never Given a Name: Doesn't really have a name.
- Refuge in Audacity: His idea of turning up to Dom's school in the back field was a calculated attempt to bypass the ordinary and be ignored generally. Not only did Henry and Harold's tail work better than planned, losing them in unfamiliar road systems, it gave him time to booze up in the back of the van and allow Gilgol to escort Dom through the Hellspital via the scenic route.
- Affably Evil: He's rather accommodating to Dom and Damon when they're in Hell in "Plain Spotting", after all they are relatives, although they're put straight to work. In addition he lets them explore in their time off.
- Anti-Villain: Lucifer has run the gamut of this throughout his life. He has both fallen from grace and, as a cosmic requirement (IV), had to work his new role as the leader of the underworld whilst doing things he hasn't wanted to do (II). He finally reaches the mutual respect of the legions, settling between Noble Demon (I) and Designated Villain.
- Benevolent Boss: Gives the workforce of Hell time off and hangs out with some of them in the local bar district. In addition, he often mucks in when he is needed.
- Bishōnen: With white hair, a black cotton jacket, skinny jeans and tight boots, this is one pretty guy.
- Did We Just Have Tea with Cthulhu?: Lucifer invites Damon and Dom to various social events around Hell, and they have great fun.
- Good Is Not Nice: Despite being nice to the better residents, there are times when he has to dig his heels in.
- It Is Pronounced Tropay: "Icario" is pronounced "iz-AR-io".
- Meaningful Name: Icario is from "Icarus", a mythological figure who flew too close to the sun.
- Monster Progenitor / Mother of a Thousand Young: The entirety of The Sulphate Clan are related to him by at least 3 generations. Sulphate and Henry are his sons, Damon and Norman are his grandsons, Dominic and Chaz are his great grandsons. This is in stark contrast to The Army Of Satan who just have one member, Damien, as a relative.
- God, on the other hand, has no descendants amongst the cast.
- Not Evil, Just Misunderstood
- Otherworldly and Sexually Ambiguous
- Reasonable Authority Figure: Some of the demons are rather less nice than him and it is him and his staff who try to iron this out.
- Satan is Good: His actions and wishes may come across as a little too grey but then there's a little grey in all of us. Lucifer has several jobs he may not like doing but no thousand year old book is going to indicate how he does this.
- Tangled Family Tree: He has quite the number of relatives on Earth.
De Mont of Demons
- False Friend: He's not trusted to begin with but no one ever thought he was capable of that much horribleness.
- Jerkass: The series' very own. Whereas Damien thinks he's doing evil to sate his actually nice dad, Malk'X deliberately goes out of his way to be selfish either for some savage pleasure or because he simply can.
- Magnificent Bastard
- Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking: War isn't really that bad taken by itself. But what claims more lives in its name than anything else?
- Bigger Bad: Lucifer and God are Payne's Grey compared to the jerquoise of the forces of this world such as war itself.
- Otherness Tropes
- Overarching Villain / Ultimate Evil: The forces of the natural and quantum world are the main baddies. This makes them an Ancient Evil.
- Sentient Cosmic Force
- You Cannot Grasp the True Form
- Ancient Evil: Even though it is older than existence itself.