open/close all folders
Josuke and Friends
- Berserk Button: Never insult the artist Prince around Josuke. Unlike in the source material, he could seemingly care less about his actual hair. Unless you confuse his pompadour with another famous artist's hairstyle...
- Cool Uncle: Subverted with Josuke, who is technically Jotaro's uncle.Jotaro: Hot damn! This kid might actually be... cool.
Joseph: I let you fart-knockers have your jollies, but someone as fresh as me has to have standards, ya dig?Jotaro: Spoke too soon.
- Covert Pervert: Despite seeming innocent and sweet, Josuke gets a bit too excited when he thinks that a robbery is actually an exhibition porno being filmed.
- Deadpan Snarker: Josuke's tendency to be sarcastic to nearly everyone he meets.
- Get a Load of That Square: Josuke whenever he tries to act cool.
- Heroic Bastard: Pointed out by Jotaro, which Josuke takes offense to.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Okuyasu, even more so than the manga.
- If Only You Knew:Josuke: Next you'll be telling me I'm a gay sailor in some alternate dimension.
- Jive Turkey: Josuke whenever he actually tries to sound cool.
- Minor Injury Overreaction:Josuke: My beautiful, sexy face! You made me bleed my beautiful, sexy blood!
- Only in It for the Money: To the point that Josuke pretends to love his illegitimate father just to get his inheritance. He's also horrified when Koichi is shot by the Arrow, only to ignore him once he realizes the arrowhead is gold.
- Pungeon Master: Has one ready for nearly every foe he defeats.
- Speaking Like Totally Teen: A majority of Josuke's vocabulary is compromised of slang or expressions that were popular in the late 80's to early 90's at best.
- We're Still Relevant, Dammit!: Lampshaped. In Episode 3, Josuke promotes his Youtube channel and MySpace account; asking viewers to rate him 5 Stars, a reference to the old rating system for Youtube videos. This ultimately doubles as a Fourth-Wall Mail Slot AND Stealth Pun, as Josuke's MySpace account actually exists.
- Groin Attack: Suffers one via flower pot in Episode 3.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Josuke, even more so than the manga.
- Idiot Hero: Okuyasu is a complete moron, but not without his moments.
- Self-Referential Humor: The main subject of Okuyasu's jokes.
- Stupid Crooks: Was one with his brother before Okuyasu turned good.
- Accidental Murder: Accidentally ends up murdering Tamami with Echoes.
- Butt-Monkey: Koichi, to the point that even the narrator of the series insults him.
- Children Are Innocent: So innocent that must of the adult jokes in the series go waaaaaay over his head.
- Expy: Koichi's voice and personality are exactly like Morty from Rick and Morty.
- Goshdang It To Heck: He's the only character who never swears.
- Innocent Innuendo: In Episode 4Koichi: Ughh... It's so BIG... and THICK!!!
- Power-Up Letdown: He acquires his Stand in Episode 3, only to discover it's a worthless egg.
- Shout-Out: To the original Duwang translation in Episode 2.
- Straight Man: Koichi to Josuke's egotistical attitude, Jotaro's carelessness and Okuyasu's plain stupidity.
- The Killer in Me: Technically it was Echoes, but Koichi helped cover it up.
- The Whitest Black Guy: Hinted at in Episode 1 with his Thug Life moment. Slowly becoming more and more "gangsta" as the episodes go on, ESPECIALLY with the reveal of his Stand.
- Took a Level in Badass: After receiving his Stand Echoes, Koichi is slowly becoming more and more of a stone-cold badass.
- Ambiguously Gay: Could be implied from the way Rohan acts and dresses, along with wanting to only hang out with Koichi...
- Attention Whore: Believes that he should be the focus of the series, even having his own reaction video spin-offs.
- Comedic Sociopathy: To all of his "friends", even trying to murder Josuke.
- Expy: Rohan's voice and personality are exactly like Rick from Rick and Morty, complete with occasional belches too!
- It's All About Me: Rohan's ego is taken up several notches in the series. In the video where Rohan reacts to his loss in Team Four Star's TIBA competition, he stays in denial for several moments after finding out he really didn't win. He then proceeds to insult the winners and after all that, asks Team Four Star to let him star in one of their videos.
- Jerkass: Rohan was always an asshole in the manga and anime adaptations, but here it's taken to comedic extremes just how much he hates people.
- Small Name, Big Ego:Rohan: Yeah, okay I'm a star. But I wanna be a bigger fucking star!
- Unsympathetic Comedy Protagonist: Despite being one of the heroes of the story, Rohan doesn't really do anything heroic. Whenever he tries to, he usually insults or harms someone.
- Badass Baritone: Lac The Watcher gives Jotaro a deep badass voice, but mellowed out due to Jotaro's age. This contrasts with Antfish's young, deep and brash voice he gave the teenaged Jotaro.
- Badass Boast: Defeating Dio in Part 3 gives Jotaro eternal bragging rights, which he demonstrates to Josuke.
- Berserk Button: Damaging Jotaro's hat.
- Call-Back: Making people say gay stuff, which he does to Josuke in Episode 2.
- Could Say It, But...: Jotaro, as explained by himself is still powerful enough to be the main protagonist of this Abridged Series as well, but doesn't want to because he thinks it'd be more amusing to watch Josuke bumble around.
- Deadpan Snarker: Jotaro, nearly every time he speaks.
- Feel No Pain: He still doesn't seem to know what pain is.
- Lame Pun Reaction: To all of Josuke's groan-inducing puns.
- Mistaken for Gay: By Josuke due to his ridiculously flamboyant outfit.
- Parental Neglect: To an extreme as Jotaro purposefully mistreats Jolyne by forgetting to feed her, getting her name wrong and even forgetting she exists.
- Retired Badass: Jotaro, once being a cool delinquent as now a detective that still retains his vigorous fighting spirit.
- Softspoken Sadist: Jotaro when he casually describes how it was funny watching his grandmother beat up his elderly grandfather.
- Sucks at Dancing: Subverted. Apparently Jotaro still has the moves after becoming a father, as he eagerly wants to play Dance Dance Revolution.
- The Other Marty: Lac The Watcher, who replaced Weeaboss after the pilot as the voice of Jotaro. Before that, Weeaboss replaced Antfish as the voice of Jotaro after the latter couldn't reprise his role due to time constraints.
- Trauma Button: Jotaro's experience witnessing Kakyoin's Stand shoved up a girl's vagina has scarred him for life, with him saying he had to consult a therapist about it.
- Voice Actor Swap: Lampshaded by Jotaro himself after Josuke asks why his voice sounds different after watching a flashback from Antfish's original series.
- Don't Make Me Take My Belt Off: To Jotaro for not getting cream puffs, although he threatens to beat him with a sack of oranges like he did when Jotaro was FIVE.
- Scatterbrained Senior: Randomly hijacking Jotaro's submarine because he thinks he's James Mason from 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea sums this up perfectly.
- The Other Marty: Weeaboss replaced Antfish as the voice of Old Joseph after he couldn't reprise the role due to time constraints. However, Weeaboss is able to mimic Antfish's Joseph to the point of being a Voice Changeling, all-the-while making him gruffer due to having aged even further.
- Celebrity Star: Yukako is voiced by professional voice actress Kira Buckland, most well-known as the voice of 2B in NieR: Automata.
- Cute and Psycho: She's very easy on the eyes and seems sweet... until you deny her love.
- Expy: Seems to be one of the Daemon Sisters from Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt, especially given the creator's love of the show.
- Ojou: Yukako is prim and proper, able to cook and care for Koichi while usually maintaining etiquette. She even sports a Noblewoman's Laugh sometimes.
- Prehensile Hair: Yukako's Stand power "Love Deluxe" allows her to control and grow her hair to extreme lengths.
- "Psycho" Strings: She has the infamous Psycho theme song playing during her debut appearance.
- Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness: Has a tendency to speak in as many long, complex words as possible. Some you probably had to Google.
- Stalker with a Crush: Of the Yandere variety with a huge crush on Koichi.
- Action Mom: Isn't afraid to smash a creeper's face into his own car window when she's being hit on.
- Crosscast Role: Despite being an attractive woman, she's played by Weeaboss using a high-pitched voice.
- Expy: Arnold Schwarzenegger, of all people!
- Incompetent Cop: Ryohei was an outstanding citizen and hero of Morioh. Except those times he'd run over dogs in his police car and accidentally shoot himself in the ass.
- Noble Bigot with a Badge/Racist Grandpa:Ryohei: Eh, I'd never kill you anyway... unless you married one of those Koreans or something, then I'd shoot your fucking face off!
- Too Cool to Live: Many fans loved Abridged Ryohei and his goofy antics. Of course, he gets killed off in the same episode he debuted in.
- Anti-Hero: Straight up murders Tamami by making him stab himself, but does so because he broke into Koichi's house.
- Damn, It Feels Good to Be a Gangster!: Echoes is the most hardcore, badass no-nonsense character in the series so far. Bonus points for being a STAND!
- Expy: ACT 1 is an Expy of Riley Freeman from The Boondocks. It's also basically been confirmed that ACT 3 will be an Expy of Granddad Freeman from the same show.
- Mind-Control Music: Unlike in the manga, ACT 1 can control people using Bollywood music.
- N-Word Privileges: All of Echoes' forms, much to Koichi's horror.
- The Comically Serious: ACT 1, always calm and collected as he's punching and killing bad guys.
Kira and His Minions
- A Love to Dismember: Kira's insane obsessive fetish with severed hands.
- Ambiguously Brown: Despite having the Japanese name "Yoshikage Kira", he is blond, white as can be and speaks with a British accent.
- Celebrity Resemblance: At its fullest with Kira being compared to David Bowie, to the point that he even sounds exactly like the celebrity.
- Big Bad: Of the Diamond is Unabridgable Abridged Series.
- Evil Brit: Rivaling Dio from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Abridged.
- Evil Is Sexy: Sporting a devilishly handsome face, he somehow becomes even MORE suave once he takes on a new identity.
- Wicked Cultured: Kira speaks like a gentleman, dresses like one, drinks tea, hates to fight and just wants to live peacefully.
Akira's Gang of Groovy Groupies
- Basement-Dweller: Still lives with his mom, although it's in her attic rather than basement.
- Catch Phrase: "MOTHERFUCKAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!"
- Large Ham: By FAR the hammiest character in the series so far.
- Laughably Evil: You can't take him seriously with that voice.
- Musical Assassin: He's just a rock star that wants to kill and steal with The Power of Rock.
- Gag Penis: Loves rocking out with his cock out, a play on his Stand's abnormally long codpiece. Whenever RHCP is shown, everything from the waist-down is Pixellation.
- Black Comedy Rape: Is nearly raped by two violent gentlemen for threatening them earlier. Also lets out a hilarious Big "NO!" beforehand.
- Cherry Blossoms: Surface has cherry blossoms (complete with white vignette and dramatic sun rays) appear every time he's onscreen. The cherry blossoms even follow him around as he moves!
- Death as Comedy: Surface's death in Episode 4, with tear-jerking music playing and him gasping to breathe. All the while his subtitles translate this as *Dying in Japanese*.
- Driven to Suicide: Hazamada accidentally drives a friend of his to commit suicide due to Hazamada's constant weeaboo-ness.
- Genre Savvy: Subverted. As he questions what a real anime villain would say before killing the main protagonist.
- Gratuitous Japanese: Being a weeaboo, he just randomly says phrases in Japanese at times. Taken Up to Eleven with his Stand, Surface who ONLY speaks in Japanese.
- Otaku: Literally the human incarnation of every otaku stereotype, while Surface is a walking parody of Japanese Spirit tropes.
- Patriotic Fervor: Is an EXTREMELY patriotic Japanese kid, to the point that the Japanese flag is shown blowing in the wind while giving his speech.
- Yuri Fan: Revealed in Episode 4Hazamada: So the real reason Sailor Moon S is better, right? LESBIANS!!!
- Breaking the Fourth Wall:Tamami: I don't like talkin' unless I gotta, alright? It makes it easier on my throat and the editors that have to animate my mouth flaps I mean... My name is Tamami and give me money!
- Con Man: Tamami's profession of choice, trying to trick Koichi out of his money.
- Death by Adaptation: Unlike his manga counterpart who is very much alive, Tamami is forced into killing himself by Echoes.
- Guilt Complex: How Tamami's Stand "The Lock" works.
- Large Ham: Is VERY hammy and dramatic when trying to guilt-trip people, even causing an ad for the Oscars to appear at the bottom of the screen.
Keicho's Army of F*ckin' Evil
- Atomic F-Bomb: Has a literal one as he's being blown up by Josuke.
- Cluster F-Bomb: Swears more than any character in the series, all within the span of one episode.
- Drill Sergeant Nasty: Keicho acts like a drill sergeant non-stop; getting the look, language and all that good stuff perfectly. It could be an In-Joke towards the name of his Stand, Bad Company.
- Large Ham: Constantly acts like a stereotypical drill sergeant.
- Pintsized Powerhouse: His Stand, Bad Company. It's an army of tiny soldiers, but they pack a mean punch.
- Redemption Equals Death: He dies saving Okuyasu's life. Still swears at him before he kicks the bucket for good though.
- All According to Plan: Angelo nearly reveals himself as a murderer to Tomoko and yet, afterwards he believes everything went perfectly.
- Ax-Crazy: Jotaro describes him as "hack off your limbs with a chainsaw and fuck the stumps" levels of evil.
- Beware the Silly Ones: He may have a silly voice and come off as less threatening than his official counterpart, but he's still a serial rapist/murderer. He also decides to eat fast-food while stalking Josuke.
- Black Comedy Rape:Angelo: I know I rape little kids and smash in the heads of defenseless handicapped people, but that doesn't really mean I'm a "bad" guy?
- Catch Phrase:
- "Buh-Bye!" and "Totally!"
- Depraved Homosexual: All of his talk of "being in Josuke's mouth" and "shoving his liquid deep inside Josuke's guts".
- Evil Laugh: Almost does this every time he's on-screen.
- Expy: Of Snake Jailbird from The Simpsons.
- Kick the Dog: He eats a dog, in this case.
- Major Injury Underreaction: Gets shot in the MOUTH with an ARROW! Angelo's reaction?Angelo: Ow. That kinda stings.
- Saying Sound Effects Out Loud:Angelo: Chew! Chew! Chew, chew, chew! Swallow~
- Surfer Dude: He speaks with a "Valley Boy" accent.
- What the Hell Is That Accent?: It sounds like a bizarre cross between upper-class British English, Cockney, Australian and Californian.
- Scars Are Forever: After DIO's death, he was transformed into a hideous freak.
- Unsatisfiable Customer: Invoked and then Subverted. As a human, Papa Nijimura is not impressed with DIO's offer of immortality and Stand power. What turns him to the dark side is some of DIO's costume jewelry and a fake Rolex.
- Deus Angst Machina: Hinted at with her father's constant abuse leading to this.
- Hilariously Abusive Childhood: Despite the ridiculously-extreme neglect she suffers from Jotaro; the way he's so deadpan nonchalant about it and how she optimistically accepts it is hilarious.
- No Budget: Lampshaded with Jolyne's appearance. Rather than having mouth flaps and animation, she's just a static image of a T-posing 3D model that moves up and down as she talks.
- The Woobie: The brunt of Jotaro's horrible parenting and blatant endangerment of her life. Despite this, she always comes off as cheerful and optimistic.
- Voice of the Legion: Kars' Auto-Tune voice.
- Power-Up Letdown: Subverted with Kars acquiring a badass Auto-Tune voice in addition to becoming the Ultimate Lifeform.
- Spared By Adaptation: Abridged!Kars' brain hasn't shut down in this continuity.
- Remake Cameo: Antfish reprises his role as Avdol from his original Abridged Series!
- Unexplained Recovery: Despite being seemingly killed by Vanilla Ice in the last series, Avdol survived and is now just floating around in another dimension without arms.