Page under construction (both parts).
Machina, as it is revealed, had a very miserable childhood. Born into the Exequias family, her father died before the girl had even turned eight, killed by a Clockworker, leaving Machina to be raised - a word used in the loosest sense - by her neglectful mother, who spent more time conducting business than paying attention to her daughter, and when she did, Machina was met with only contempt from Velvet. When Deus was brought into the family by her mother, Machina latched onto him after he fixed her doll, and he became Machina's only friend. However, at the time of her eight birthday, Velvet took Deus away on a mission, leaving Machina alone again.
- Abusive Parents: Oh GOD her mother is the most detestable woman you will ever meet in this series, outright neglecting her daughter, treating her cruelly, calling her "girl", forgetting her birthday, taking away her only friend...the list goes on. It's quite obvious she's responsible for how Machina is now.
- Badass Boast: Often in tandem with Deus, and notable for being one of the few people to invoke this when she has a fair chance of actually winning.Machina & Deus: We are the ones who will destroy you!
- The Dreaded: Played with. When someone knows Machina's surname, due to her mother's creation of the Clockworkers and their actions in the past war, it invokes this reaction in her.
- Disappeared Dad: He was killed by a Clockworker before Mina even turned eight, leaving her with the trash in human form we call her mother.
- Expy: It has not gone unnoticed that Machina bears a large resemblance to Mina Țepeș from Dance in the Vampire Bund, in both appearance and personality.
- Giver of Lame Names: As a child, Machina had a teddy bear named "Constantine the 14th".
- Jerkass: Cute as she may be, Machina is pretty much a bitch. She's not above attacking people to get her point across, pulled a dagger on Luke, poor boy, to get her gun back, seems to have a list of insults ready to hurl at Luke for no reason at all when the boy just wants to better himself, and doesn't give a shit about the bond between Mary & Sue, when it was very legit and heartbreaking. She's even threatened to dismantle Deus on seperate occasions. You can blame her mother for this, and, in fact, if it weren't for her backstory, Machina might not have anything redeeming about her at all.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: She only shows this side to Deus, but it's there. It would appear the little girl Machina used to be is locked up in there somewhere.
- Ms. Fanservice: Machina is the main source of fanservice in Deus ex Machina.
- Shameless Fanservice Girl: Machina has absolutely no qualms about going around naked, or in nothing but a towel (that covers barely anything, much to Deus' chagrin and the audience's enjoyment).
- Clothing Damage: This seems to happen to Machina a lot. As lucky as the viewers are, her panties tend to show.
- Male Gaze: Machina's fantastic ass is constantly shown off and even mentioned by Oakley.
- Shower Scene
- Spell My Name with an "S": Is it Machina or Makina? Exequia or Exequias? For convenience's sake, this page uses "Machina" as that is what the translators commonly use.
- Names to Run Away from Really Fast: Her surname is Spanish for "Funeral Rites".
- Older Than They Look: Machina is about seventeen years old. She looks thirteen or fourteen.
- Teens Are Monsters: Machina is seventeen, and probably the biggest bitch in the series, short of her mother.
- Unprovoked Pervert Payback: Luke accidentally fell into her bath. She tried to drown him.
- Used to Be a Sweet Kid: It's actually really sad to see how absolutely adorable and sweet Machina used to be, only to realise her mother turned her into the cruel girl she is now.
- Walking Spoiler: For the main character, Machina's backstory sure has to be spoiler tagged.
- Wicked Stepmother: Velvet was this to Machina. Velvet married into the Exequias family, and treated Machina like the scum on the bottom of her shoe, outright ordering the maids not to concern themselves with her, leaving her in the care of Deus, who became her only friend, only to take him away, and regarding her as just one of the many puppets to dance on her "stage". Needless to say, she's the scum of the earth.
- You Can't Fight Fate: Machina preaches this to Luke and she preaches it hard. She also seems to believe this in regards to herself.
The video game:
Controls all of Earth's future society... and creates the title character from a dropping deposited by the last mouse as it dies.