The young daughter of a reverend, Juliet is the main protagonist who saw the premonition of Mornington Crescent exploding and killing everyone inside the house. She was revived shortly after Bill threw her into the river and she drowned.
A calm, wise Englishman who is secretly the notorious "Jack The Ripper".
- The Reveal: Who would've thought that the nice and kind artist would be Jack the Ripper? Juliet found out the hard way.
An antisocial, mysterious autopsy surgeon.
- Asshole Victim
- Dr. Jerk
- No Dead Body Poops: Averted. Steward Tubbs loosens his bowels after he's autopsied alive.
- Not Quite Dead: Subverted. Stewart Tubbs was still alive, but no one realized it until after they cut him open, broke open his ribs, and pulled out his lung during the autopsy. Then he woke up, and subsequently died.
The young protégé of the Egyptologist Hector Barnes.
A well-known rich Egyptologist who is married to Norman Stanley.
A professional Egyptologist.
An obese and odorous newspaper editor for The Clarion.
- Fat Bastard: Downplayed. He isn't that pleasant but he does show more signs of being affected by the disaster than most of the others and some genuine interest in the topics he's reporting.
- Kill Itwith Fire: He was impaled in the stomach by a pipe coated with chemicals that incinerated him from the inside-out.
Patricia "Patti" Fuller
A journalist for Boderlands Patrol and the girlfriend of Will Sax, she serves as the main protagonist who saw the train bombing in the story.
The irresponsible boyfriend of Patti Fuller who works as a supervisor at Circuit City.
A spiky-haired, pompous and hot-headed talent agent.
A repair mechanic and girlfriend of Hal Ward.
A redneck middle-aged man who's president of his own construction company.
A demolition derby car driver and boyfriend of Susan Fries.
An ATF officer who desperately searched for the terrorists responsible for the train bombing in the novel, believing they were the ones who were killing off the survivors.
- Police Are Useless: Subverted. He does a good job of pursuing the terrorists, it's just that this won't have any effect on saving them from Death, and there's little he can do that would.