Main Characters | Demon Slayer Corps (Hashira) | Muzan Kibutsuji and the Twelve Kizuki | Civilians | Other Demons
Susamaru and Yahaba
Voiced by: Mikako Komatsu (Susamaru) and Jun Fukuyama (Yahaba)
A pair of Demons that aspired to join Muzan Kibutsuji's Twelve Demon Moons group.
- Antagonist Abilities: Yahaba posses the ability to project vector arrows by blinking the eyes on his palms. Who or whatever is hit by the arrows forced into the direction the arrows are pointing.
- Berserk Button: Yahaba'a default mood is pleasantly nonplussed, but finds dirt and dust disgusting. Being decapitated in such a way that his head lands in the dirt works him into a fury.
- Brains and Brawn: Susumaru is the Brawn. She has a lot of brute strength and the ability to create projectiles from thin air. She gets up close and personal with enemies and is not the sharpest tool in the shed, being rather childish. Yahaba is the Brains. He is smarter than Susumaru, and usually remains in the back, guiding her temaris remotely. He is squishy for a demon, and relies on maintaining a safe distance from his opponents using his vectors.
- Combination Attack: Yahaba uses his Vectors to manipulate Susumaru's temaris, allowing them to move like living creatures, avoiding attacks and striking enemies from odd angles. Their excellent coordination is particularly impressive when you take into account the fact that they have only been together for one day and that demons only rarely work together.
- Cruel and Unusual Death: After Susumaru accidentally revealed Muzen's name to Tamayo and Yushiro, Muzen's curse take hold of her and three large arms came out from her mouth, chest, and stomach which then rip her to shreds until there's nothing left of her.
- Dark Action Girl: Susamaru is a sadistic fighter who uses Weaponized Balls.
- Eyes Always Shut: Yahaba never opens his eyes and always relies on the eyes on the palm of his hands to see instead. The only time one of his eyes open is when Tanjiro killed him.
- Eyes Do Not Belong There: Yahaba has a pair of eyes on the palm of his hands to see.
- Gender-Blender Name: "-Maru" is usually used to denote male names. Susamaru meanwhile, is clearly female.
- Hellish Pupils: Susamaru has slit pupils.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: Moving Yahaba's vectors with physical force proves impossible, as they just push away objects that come in contact with them. However, Tanjiro manages to engulf them in the waves of flowing "watery" energy produced by one of his strikes. Instead of influencing the flow of Tanjiro's energy vortex, the streams of force are instead caught in it, and Tanjiro manages to "drag" them with his sword and bring their full force upon their own controller, decapitating him instantly.
- Mind over Matter: Of an unusual sort. Instead of directly manipulating objects with telekinesis, Yahaba instead projects streams of force, manifesting as (normally invisible) arrows, which push things they impact. He can also attach them directly to an object (or a person) and drag them whichever way he wants, producing a semblance of telekinesis, though it's not as seamless as true telekinesis would be.
- Multi-Armed and Dangerous: Susamaru can grow four more arms with a total of six arms. She grows an extra 3 out of her mouth, chest, and stomach when she dies from triggering Muzan's curse.
- Multicolored Hair: Susamaru has black hair with reddish-orange ends.
- Not So Stoic: Yahaba usually has a serene expression and seems calm and easygoing, but getting his clothes dirty upsets him greatly.
- Odd Friendship: The setting states that Demons dont normally work together and are very vindictive of other demons entering their turf. Even established groups under their leader Muzan dont usually get along and are only there to follow orders. Other times a stronger demon is violently forcing demons weaker than them to go along with their whims. Susamaru and Yahaba, however, were unusually cooperative and not condescending of each other in any way, with the Manga extras even stating they had just met before Muzan requested their services to search and destroy, yet they got along well enough.
- Opposites Attract: Platonically. Yahaba is a calm and serious demon who takes great pains to remain clean and composed, Susamaru is a Psychopathic Manchild who cackles with delight and tackles things head-on. Despite having just met, they already get along extremely well.
- Psychopathic Manchild: Susamaru treats her fight with Tanjiro and Nezuko like a game. To drive it further home, her weapons are temari balls, which are normally toys.
- Taking You with Me: Yahaba's last attempted to kill Tanjiro before he crumbled into nothing. However, his final attempt to kill him failed.
- This Is Unforgivable!: Yahaba declares Tanjiro unforgivable for beheading him. Infuriated, he uses the last once of his powers to try and kill Tanjiro before he expires.
- Villain Team-Up: Both of them work great together, which is surprising given how Demons usually hate each other.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: Yahaba criticizes Susamaru for being immature and Susamaru teases Yahaba for being uptight, but they get along extremely well and fight perfectly together.
- Weaponized Ball: Susamaru uses temari balls as her weapon of choice.
- "Well Done, Son!" Guy: They both set about their task with the self-professed aim of winning Muzan's praise.
Voiced by: Hikaru Midorikawa (Japanese), Ben Diskin (English)
The first Demon encountered by Tanjiro Kamado.
Voiced by: Takehito Koyasu, Aki Toyosaki (child)
A notorious Demon that killed thirteen of Urokodaki Sakonji's apprentices, including Sabito and Makomo.
- Body Horror: He used to have a very normal appearance for a demon with regular hair and clothes, but after he started eating humans he started growing in size. After a while he grew multiple arms, his mouth became huge with jagged teeth and he ceased to look "human" at all.
- Died Happily Ever After: He returned to his human self in death and reunited with his older brother's soul in the afterlife.
- It's Personal: He promised himself to kill all of Urokodaki's apprentices as payback for trapping him in the wisteria-riddled Fujikasaneyama.
- Last Request: After he was killed by Tanjiro, his last request was for someone to hold his hand before he crumbled into nothing. Tanjiro obliges.
Voiced by: Ryohei Kimura
A Demon that went on a rash of kidnappings during Kamado Tanjiro's first mission for the Demon Killing Corps.
- Creepy Souvenir: He has a collection of hair ornaments and other female accessories of the victims he and his other selves have eaten.
- Freudian Trio: See below for reasons why, but essentially:
- Has a Type: Non-romantic example. He prefers to eat girls who are 16 years old.
- Killed Off for Real: He tries a final assault on Tanjiro, who easily evades his attack and decapitates him.
- Literal Split Personality: The Swamp Demon can split himself into three selves, distinguished by their clothes and the number of horns on their heads.
- The main demon was calm, analytical and serene, gave advice to others and even suggested to his second body to calm down, which is why he was seen as the leader of the trio of demons.
- The second demon, despite having the same level of intelligence as the main body, was more violent, impulsive and emotional, it was even easy to alter it. It showed the emotions that the principal easily hid.
- The third demon had no visible emotions and acted more on instinct to the point of being similar to a hunting dog accompanying his hunting master, following both the main and the second. He couldn't even articulate a word.
- Sinister Scraping Sound: When he gets agitated, he rapidly grinds hit fangs together like a rusty chainsaw. And when all three of them do it, the result is unsettling to put it nicely.
Voiced by: Tarusuke Shingaki
One of the demons that lived in the Drum House.
- Extra Eyes: On the top, he has red eyes and on the bottom, he has green eyes of his face.
- Multipurpose Tongue: His main attack against his target enemies.
- Oh, Crap!: His reaction after being killed by Zenitsu in his unconscious state.
- Running on All Fours: He walks on all fours instead of walking normally.
Voiced by: Yoshihisa Kawahara
One of the demons that lived in the Drum House.
- Adaptation Expansion: The Anime includes other demons who were brought to be Rui's other brother and sisters.
- Animal Motifs: Spiders. The spider represents mystery, growth, and power, just like the seal spirit animal. It symbolizes the shadow of yourself, or the dark aspect of your personality.
- Barefoot Poverty: Most of the Spider Family except the Older Sister don't wears shoes or footwear.
- Be Careful What You Wish For: As Eldest Sister reveals to Older Sister, they were all weak demons that wanted companions and thus they took Rui's offer. This gave them everything they wanted, but in an unhealthy abusive form.
- Big, Screwed-Up Family: Due to their need to play their role in the "family" all of them end up in a chain of abuse, especially when they fail Rui. Only Older Sister managed to get by without being punished by him until the extermination of their "family", where her fear let her slip up once.
- Gender-Equal Ensemble: In the anime, it was originally six men and six women.
- Not Blood Siblings: The family aren't blood related to each other and were forced to change their appearances to fit their family roles given by Rui. Rui also splits his demon powers and forces them into the others in order to give them similar appearances and powers as him.
- No Name Given: The Mother, Father, Older Brother, Sister and the other sibling's names are never revealed before their deaths. Thanks to Rui's abuse, they might not have even been able to remember them.
- Painful Transformation: In the anime, when the demons drink a drop of Rui's blood, they undergo a painful transformation to look similar to him. It was first seen in the "older sister's" flashback after she drank his blood.
- Temporary Bulk Change: Most of the "siblings'" transformation after they drank Rui's blood are not permanent since the "mother" and "older sister" temporarily revert back into their original appearances.
The Lower Moon Five and a member of the Twelve Demon Moons.
See here for tropes regarding him.
Voiced By: Tetsu Inada
A Demon who played the role of father from the Spider Family.
- Domestic Abuse: He often abused and hurt "Mother" when she got on his bad side for not following the role she was given.
- Cruel and Unusual Death: He gets his head cut off and bisected by Giyuu.
- The Juggernaut: Hes one of the strongest members of the Spider Family.
- Nightmare Face: He does this when he first meets Tanjiro and Inosuke.
- Non-Human Head: He has a scary spider head instead of a normal head.
- Super Toughness: He has extremely tough skin, to the point that Tanjiro wasn't able to cut off his arm. After he shed his skin off, it becomes even tougher and breaks Inosuke's swords.
- Transformation Horror: After Inosuke manages to cut off his arm off he shed off his skin to become bigger, tougher and deadlier.
- The Worf Effect: Completely overwhelms Inosuke, but then gets easily taken out by Giyuu.
Voiced By: Ami Koshimizu
A Demon who played the role of mother from the Spider Family.
- I Die Free: She lets Tanjiro kill her so she can finally die in peace and be freed from Rui and "Father's" abuses.
- Evil Puppeteer: She controls people who are alive or dead with spider threads against their will to fight her battles for her.
- Face Death with Dignity: She accepts her death and lets Tanjiro kill her.
- Psychopathic Womanchild: The moment the demon slayers begin to overpower her, she throws tantrum and finally kills her puppets by breaking their necks. Justified since she was actually a young demon girl prior to joining Rui's "Family".
- Tears of Fear: She does this when "Father" abused her for being weak and not following the role Rui gave her.
- Younger Than They Look: According to "Older Sister", She's actually a child forced into an adult woman's appearance.
Voiced By: Showtaro Morikubo
A Demon who played the role of older brother from the Spider Family.
- Body Horror: He's just a giant spider with a human head where the spider's head should be.
- Evil Smells Bad: As a demon, he has a really bad smell. According to Zenitsu, Tanjiro would die in an instant if he smelled the bastard.
- Mind Control: He has ability to control his victims after he poisons them and turns them into obedient spiders.
- The Minion Master: He commands an army of spiders with human heads, whose bite carries his venom. The more bites, the faster the victim's transformation into a mindless spider. Some of the small, innocuous-looking spiders in the forest also carry his poison.
- Poison Is Corrosive: While he prefers relying on his poison to kill people, in self-defense, he can also spit a glob of acid that is seen corroding a tree on impact.
- Poison Is Evil: The "Older Brother's" poison doesn't kill people, but rather turns his victims into spiders in 30 minutes. According to him, the stages of turning into spiders are limb numbness, dizziness, the body shrinking and loss of consciousness. The poison also causes his victims to lose their hair which he never mentions to Zenitsu.
- Sadist: He enjoys seeing "Mother" getting abused and tortured by "Father". He even loves to see his victims painfully transform into spiders after he poisoned them.
- This Cannot Be!: The "Older Brother"'s reaction after Zenitsu kills him with the enhanced Thunder "First Style: Thunderclap and Flash"."But that's absurd! By a guy who can barely move his arms and legs?"
Voiced By: Ryoko Shiraishi
A member who played the role of older sister from the Spider Family.
- Adaptation Expansion: The anime expands on how she met Rui and what her life was like in the Spider Family.
- All Webbed Up: She has ability to entangling her target in a web-cocoon filled with acid fluids where the acid will then dissolve the clothes of the victim. The acid will then move on to the targets flesh and begin to make their body soft and ready for her to consume.
- Bad Liar: She tries to save herself by lying to Shinobu that she only killed five people under Rui's orders, but Shinobu see right through her.
- Chronic Backstabbing Disorder: The anime expands on her past, showing that she betrayed the "elder sister" by letting Rui know about her desire to escape in order to survive.
- Cruel and Unusual Death: She gets poisoned and died a painful death after being stabbed through her head, neck and body by Shinobu.
- Dies Wide Open: She died with her eyes open after being poisoned by Shinobu.
- Only Sane Man: She's the only sane demon in the Spider Family. That doesn't make her any more moral than the rest of them.
- Tear Off Your Face: During her painful transformation to become a Spider Demon like Rui, he tears her old face off and gives her the one she sports in the present.
- Canon Foreigner: This expanded family is introduced in the anime to better show Ruis desire to mimic a family and its members and also to dive deeper into his inherent cruelty to those who try to get away from his fabricated reality.
- Cruel and Unusual Death: This is how the "eldest sister" meets her end after being tortured and burnt to death via being exposed to sunlight. It's implied the other three unnamed "siblings" seen in the "older sister's" flashback share the same fate as her at some point.
- The Ghost: The other spider demons were only mention by "older sister" and a small cameo in Rui's flashback in the manga. However, they are given a proper appearance in the anime adaption.
- Like Brother and Sister: According to the "eldest sister", she sees the "older sister" she befriended as her true family before the "older sister" betrayed her.
- Nice Guy: The "eldest sister" was the only kind demon who doesn't abuse her "older sister". She offered her to escape with her.
- Peek-a-Bangs: The unnamed sibling has left eye covered by a bang.
- Single Tear: The "elder sister" shed a single tear before she burnt to death after being exposed to sunlight.
- The Speechless: The other three unnamed siblings seen in the "older sister"'s flashback never talked.