open/close all folders
- Accidental Bargaining Skills: Kunai is often incredibly surprised by how differently the value of certain items or services are in this world compared to Infinity Game. For example, he crafts a simple bowl that would be considered a trash item in IG but sells it for a Giant Gold Coin (the highest currency in this world). When buying Aku clothes, he decides to pay with a Giant Gold Coin, and when the tailor reacts with shock, he asks if it's not enough. Instead, the tailor not only gives Aku every outfit in his shop but demands Kunai uses his hands as an ashtray and sit on him if he's tired.
- Accidental Pervert: Luna seems convinced everything Kunai does is to satisfy his insatiable lust, something that annoys him.
- Achilles' Heel: Kunai initially has no defense against magic, since Infinity Game had none.
- Appropriated Appellation: At first, he is very much against being called a "Demon Lord" (especially in public) but as more and more people settle on calling him that, he begins to embrace and accept the title as a nickname.
- Badass Baritone: He has a deep, manly voice, which (combined with his incredible abilities) makes him sound powerful and in control. Internally, his voice becomes significantly less deep when he's confused or distressed.
- Badass in a Nice Suit: Kunai dressed in a dark black suit with red tie, styled in the fashion of a Yakuza boss.
- Badass Longcoat: In addition to his black suit, he wears a black longcoat that makes him look even more imposing.
- Battle Harem: It doesn't take long before Kunai (or his alter-ego) finds himself surrounded by girls who almost all have some sort of combat ability, although none of them hold a candle to him.
- Bed Full of Women: Played for laughs. Kunai's popularity with his female companions leads first to Aku wanting to sleep beside him, then Luna joining in, and finally Tron. Ironically, he finds it incredibly hard to sleep this way.
- Benevolent Boss: One of his early goals is to build a hot springs resort to earn revenue. Most of the people he rescues or helps become his employees out of choice or obligation, and he makes sure that they are well taken care of, if for no reason other than no one would visit a hot springs where the staff have low morale.
- Berserk Button: In his real body, Akira is a young man, but is a middle-aged man as Kunai. He hates being called "Old Man" or being seen as a "Father Figure" rather than as a "Big Brother".
- Blatant Lies: After Zero first appears, he asks Aku about him and she asks if Zero is someone he knows. A very upset Kunai suddenly yells "Hell no, I don't know him!" Aku believes him, or at least doesn't pry any further.
- Boisterous Bruiser: Kunai is very confident in his abilities, but not so confident that he'll act without a plan. He does have a tendency to rush into battle, but largely because he requires skill points to perform his most demanding tasks.
- Boulder Bludgeon: He defeats the Satanists attacking the capital by only throwing rocks, and also does severe damage to Carnival, a mid-level demon just by hitting him in the horn with one. It demonstrates just how overpowered Kunai is compared to everyone else.
- Clueless Chick Magnet: He has absolutely no clue that Aku, Luna, Yu, Tron and Yukikaze all want a piece of him.
- Commonplace Rare: Many of the items he can create with <Administrator> don't cost a lot of skill points, such as a Well Pulley that creates infinite amount of water only costing 5 Skill Points, but Kunai admits that it wouldn't be surprising if a war broke out for it.
- Cursed Item: He receives a mysterious ring that he can't remove, which tries to goad him into performing evil or destructive actions.
- Crippling Overspecialization: Magic didn't exist in Infinity Game, so while Kunai is exceptionally powerful against physical attacks and brute force, he initially has no defense against magic whatsoever. Overcoming such a glaring weakness becomes one of his top priorities.
- Dark Is Not Evil: Dark by the clothes, hair and powers, and is a noble man who helps the innocent.
- The Dreaded: Kunai quickly gains quite a reputation; in some parts of the world as a dangerous Demon Lord and in others as a refined Man of Wealth and Taste.
- Evil Laugh: When Kunai is very excited about something, he begins to laugh in a comically villainous manner. It very much adds onto his reputation as a "Demon Lord", and he does it so often that Aku is able to recognize he's nearby from that alone.
- Experienced Protagonist: He is far more experienced and seasoned than any of the other characters, to the degree of being able to understand and adapt to problems that most haven't seen before.
- Flaming Sword: The knives in his jacket catch fire when thrown, and also burn whatever target(s) they hit.
- Flechette Storm: He can throw dozens of the knives hidden in his jacket at once and set them ablaze, with enough destructive force to destroy a high-level demon.
- Good Is Not Soft: Before he leaves for a trip to the north, he gives Tahara to kill absolutely anyone who tries to bring harm to Rabby Village and spare none of them.
- Good Smoking, Evil Smoking: Kunai loves cigarettes, and they give him a very collected, adult persona.
- Hammer Space: He can generate portals to an infinite inventory of items and tools he may need, and unlike in Infinity Game, the storage capacity is literally infinite. Also, any items or services he creates have an infinite supply of whatever they need to function, such as a pulley wheel that draws an infinite amount of water from a well, a hospital with supplies and power without electricity, and a hot spring without natural spring water.
- Healing Factor: Greole manages to scratch Kunai's forehead in the very battle of the series, but it heals up in seconds and only leaves Kunai mad.
- Hero with Bad Publicity: Subverted. At first, Aku referring to him as "Demon Lord" in public causes public opinion to turn against him, with even the Holy Maidens wanting to take him down just to be on the safe side. However, after he defends the holy capital from a Satanist attack and publicly defeats the mid-level demon Carnival, the public begins to adore him, and he's treated as a hero once Rabby Village becomes functional. The main exception to this is Angel White, who still believes that Kunai is up to no good and has her suspicions absolutely "confirmed" by a Sustained Misunderstanding.
- Honest Corporate Executive: Played With. Kunai gives Kirino explicit orders to not overcharge poor patients at the hospital, but to charge whatever she can get away with from rich ones. He also realizes that poor customers would be too intimidated to visit the luxury hot springs he opens first, so he also decides to open a second one for the lower-class. But this decision would also have the added benefit allowing the nobility to see the luxury hot springs an exclusive privilege.
- I Was Just Passing Through: He tends to downplay any kind or helpful acts he performs as being part of a longer game; sometimes it's true, and other times it's a clear attempt to stay "in-character" as Demon Lord Kunai.Luna: "Y-You know, I guess you have some good in you too."
Kunai: "Huh? Don't be stupid. I don't do things out of the goodness of my heart. Everything I do is for a reason."
- Jerkass Façade: While in character as Demon Lord Kunai, he tries to keep the persona of an arrogant megalomaniac who is only serving his own ends. A he is rather shrewd and willing to exploit others for his benefit, he's ultimately a nice guy.
- Jerkass Has a Point: He accuses the people running the Kingdom, including Angel White herself, of being incompetent and doing nothing to help the poor and unfortunate people he's come across on his journeys. Angel herself can do nothing but agree that, despite how harsh it is, he's making a good point.
- Knife Nut: The inside of Kunai's Badass Longcoat is lined with knives, and his main form of attack is throwing them along with some ability that sets them ablaze.
- The Law of Diminishing Defensive Effort: This is actually a mechanic inherent to his character build. If an attack is lower than Level 30 (the cap in Infinity Game), a barrier will automatically protect Kunai from it and he doesn't need to bother trying to defend himself.
- Loves My Alter Ego: Killer Queen and Tron are both in love with Kirisame Zero. Queen doesn't know that he's actually Kunai, while Tron does and doesn't mind Kunai but prefers Zero.
- Man of Wealth and Taste: After robbing Luna of her money, Kunai uses it to buy expensive clothes, dinner and wine. This quickly earns him the respect of the local merchants and the upper class.
- Meaningful Name: A "kunai" is the Japanese word for any sort of blade that is used as a weapon, particularly a throwing weapon. Kunai has a jacket lined with throwing knives he uses as common weapons.
- Mistaken Identity: On account of his abilities resembling the powers of an angel, and his previous action in giving Angel White an angel's halo, she believes that he is the fallen angel Lucifer.
- Not So Stoic: Kunai manages to keep a straight, stoic face under most circumstances, but internally, his emotions are racing. This is especially the case during moments of intense sexual arousal.
- Oblivious to Love: He is clueless about the feelings Aku, Luna and Yu have for him at the very least. With Aku in particular, he believes her attachment toward him is daughterly instead of physical; he admonishes her for allowing men to get too close to her, but is satisfied when she says she doesn't intend to get close to any man but him. At one point, he lampshades it by wondering if he's becoming the kind of protagonist who "ignores the girl's moves".
- Outside Context Magic: Kunai's abilities are technically not magic, since he comes from a game world that didn't have it. Further, thanks to being the Big Bad of that world, as well as inhabited by the spirit of the man who created it, Kunai has access to a number of items, powers and abilities that should be impossible in the Kingdom of Holy Light. Some of these items and abilities (such as teleportation and an Angel's Halo) convince Angel White that he must be the fallen angel Lucifer, as only someone equal to the angels should have them.
- Red and Black and Evil All Over: Subverted, but still played with. Kunai is a nice guy, but he's also a shrewd opportunist with self-serving goals. His outfit of choice is a black suit with white shirt and red tie.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: When Greole attacks him and scratches his face, Kunai's eyes glow red and he demolishes the demon an instant later.
- Ridiculously Fast Construction: A basic item carried over from Infinity Game allows Kunai to create buildings such as a field base with multiple rooms and running water in an instant. By combining several items, he can even construct a field hospital and hot springs resort. These buildings are fully functioning even without any sort of natural water or electrical engineering to provide those utilities.
- Stock Light-Novel Hero: Kunai is a prime example, being a Ridiculously Average Guy that was summoned into a different world, is ridiculously overpowered, and gains multiple harems.
- Story-Breaker Power: He gains access to "Administrator Privileges" like he used to have in Infinity Game, but he finds that the way it works is very different. There are some things even he still can't access, but some of the privileges he has are way better than the ones in the old game.
- Straight Man: Akira is usually the first to point out the absurdities of the world and the characters around him. When in character as Kunai, however, he has many eccentricities.
- Super Speed: Downplayed. While carrying Aku on his back, he slowly starts to pick up speed until he's traveling faster than most vehicles.
- Super Strength: When attacked by a mounted knight, Kunai was able to grab the knight's lance and toss aside the weapon, knight and horse all at once with no visible effort.
- Summon Everyman Hero: As Oino Akira, he was an ordinary guy (albeit the creator of a very successful MMO), in this world, he's a Demon Lord and the most powerful being in existence.
- Took a Level in Kindness: From the perspective of those that knew him in Infinity Game, Kunai appears to have changed a bit, as in that world, he an Evil Overlord who spread bloodshed and destruction in his wake. He justifies this change as it simply being boring to build his empire the same way twice, but in reality, it's partly because Oino Akira is really the person in the driver's seat in Kunai's body.
- Touched by Vorlons: Inverted Trope, in that he is the greater entity in question (or rather, Oino Akira is). The first time he physically touches Yu Kirino and Isami Tahara, both of them get what feels like a shock through their system. It causes Yu to fall madly in love with him and had an unknown effect on Tahara. Yu later comments that she can "feel the presence of God" within Kunai and speculates that Tahara must vaguely sense the same thing.
- Trapped in Another World: As per Stock Light-Novel Hero and Isekai tropes, he has been summoned to a new fantasy world with no way to leave.
- The Unfair Sex: While accidentally sharing a bath with Angel White, Kunai is very careful not to say or do anything that could lead to a misunderstanding, and internally wonders why men are the ones blamed for these situations.
- Verbal Tic: Calling her "runt" is what confirms to Tron that he and Zero are the same person.
- What the Hell, Hero?: He accuses Angel White, and the rest of those that run the Kingdom, of being incompetent for allowing the horrible inequities and corruption that persist everywhere.
- Younger Than They Look: In real life, Oino Akira is in his early twenties, but in the body of Kunai, looks like a man in his mid-to-late 40s. Calling him "old man" is a huge Berserk Button.
Kunai's Alter Egos
The real person behind the avatars of Kunai and the other alter-egos. He was the creator of Infinity Game.
- Genre Savvy: Zig-Zagged. Though he regrets not reading enough Light Novels to understand how these situations go, he is a Godlike Gamer and is observant enough to lampshade several tropes as they pop up.
- Godlike Gamer: He is well-versed in the mechanics of the RPG-Mechanics Verse he's trapped in, although it's justified because he's the person who created them to begin with.
- Ridiculously Average Guy: Not much is known about him other than that he was incredibly unremarkable.
half-dragon, half-human hybrid) that fights with a variety of bare-fisted techniques. He is one of the characters Akira created when playing Infinity Game. His over-the-top persona is something of an Old Shame for Akira/Kunai.
- Alter Ego: Kunai can often swap himself with one of the other characters that he created as Akira. The first of these is Kirisame Zero, a dragonkin monk.
- Animal Motifs: He's half-dragon, calls himself "the Dragon", and uses many dragon-themed abilities.
- Arrogant Kung-Fu Guy: He practices a bare-fisted martial art, and oozes arrogance. This confidence is what causes many women, such as Killer Queen, to fall head-over-heels for him.
- Badass Biker: The ED shows that he rode a motorcycle in Infinity Game.
- Badass Longcoat: In this case, the white longcoat he wears is tied over his shoulders like a cape, but it still gives him a very impressive look.
- Bare-Fisted Monk: He fights bare-handed, using a number of attacks with supernatural properties, such as summoning a spirit dragon.
- Big Damn Heroes: He has a habit of showing up at the last minute to save someone, in particular Killer Queen on more than one occasion.
- Coat Cape: He wears a white longcoat with fur trim as a cape over an otherwise bare chest.
- Bond One-Liner: "You gutless worms are a thousand years too early to face the dragon."
- Chick Magnet: His power, style and charisma earns him the attention of Killer Queen, Tron, Mikan and an entire crowd of screaming female admirers.
- Dragon Ancestry: He is a dragonkin, meaning that his ancestors were dragons...or that he himself is half dragon.
- Half-Human Hybrid: He is a "dragonkin": a human with the blood of a dragon.
- Hunk: An attractive man with rippling muscles and a bare chest, and gains that admiration of many women everywhere he goes.
- Japanese Delinquents: He's styled like one, including his speech patterns, his Coat Cape and being a biker back in Infinity Game. It's part of the reason Killer Queen adores him and Kunai is embarrassed by his existence.
- Kung-Fu Wizard: In addition to the magical properties of his punches and blows, he can also create a barrier to block long-ranged attacks.
- Man in White: He wears a white longcoat over his back as well as white pants, to match his white hair.
- The Mind Is a Plaything of the Body: Kunai's transformation into Zero isn't just physical. His attitude and personality also change to fit the character, becoming a Boisterous Bruiser and defender of the weak.
- Old Shame: Kunai is absolutely horrified whenever he makes an appearance, and denies knowing him at all, wondering just what the hell he was thinking when he made a character this ridiculous. [invoked]
- Rated M for Manly: His entire character and attitude shines with manliness and machismo. Kunai considers it an over-the-top Old Shame, but Killer Queen is absolutely smitten with it. [invoked]
- Supernatural Martial Arts: His abilities have a number of magical or spiritual elements to them, not the least of which is being able to summon an ethereal dragon.
- Walking Shirtless Scene: He wears a white coat draped over his shoulders like a cape, and nothing on his upper body underneath it.
- We Help the Helpless: Zero is driven to protect the weak and seek out tough opponents to prove that he's the strongest.
- Years Too Early: He tells the Satanists that they are "a thousand years too early to face the dragon".
Voiced by: Kanon Takao (Japanese), Natalie Hoover (English)A small, thirteen-year-old girl who was cast out of her village as a sacrifice for the Demon King but saved by Kunai at the last moment. Since then, they've taken on a father and daughter-like relationship, but Aku's feelings are far stronger than that.
- All of the Other Reindeer: Aku was outcast and shunned in her village because she handled the garbage and human waste. She was always covered in filth and only given dirty water to bathe in, which led others to consider her contaminated. It's also why she was chosen to be the sacrifice to appease Greole.
- Because You Were Nice to Me: She's smitten with Kunai because he completely dotes on her, and is always flummoxed that he treats her kindly.
- Blinding Bangs: She wears bangs that cover her left eye and hides the fact that it's a different color. Kunai suspects that there must be a reason for it and decides not to pry.
- Exact Words: After Aku behaves too comfortably around him once too often, Kunai gives her a light, fatherly scolding about being too familiar with men. Aku then states that she has no intention of letting any man close to her except him, and Kunai is satisfied and decides that's acceptable. What he doesn't realize is that Aku is stating that she's chosen him as a future romantic partner.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: Aku is one of the nicest, sweetest and friendliest characters in the cast, and has short fair hair.
- Ill Girl: While not physically unwell, when she meets Kunai, she has an injured leg. Because of it, he at first carries her on his back (and at one point, a Princess Carry) until he gains enough Skill Points to summon Kirino. Then, his first order for her is to cure Aku's leg. Aku is immediately able to walk and run with ease, and describes being able to walk normally as like being in a dream.
- Mismatched Eyes: After giving her a new outfit, Kunai notices that Aku's eyes are different color. He then decides not to ask about it, thinking it might be a sore subject given her history of abuse and neglect.
- Morality Pet: She often pleads with Kunai to be nicer to strangers, such as giving Luna back her money after robbing her.
- Ms. Exposition: Kunai initially agrees to keep her around because it would be handy to have someone who can explain how the new world works to him.
- Names to Run Away from Really Fast: Her name means Evil in Japanese. However she is easily the sweetest girl in the series.
- Non-Indicative Name: Aku is one of the sweetest, most innocent characters in the show...but her name means "evil" in Japanese.
- Precocious Crush: After being treated well, and having her lame leg fixed by Kunai, the 13-year-old Aku asks that he promise to never leave her. He brushes it off by telling her to save that line for a guy she likes, but she quietly whispers to herself that she's already chosen him.
- Punny Name: Aku (meaning "evil" in Japanese). Kunai lampshades the irony of an alleged Demon Lord having a companion called "Aku".
- She Cleans Up Nicely: When first introduced, Aku is a dirty, ragged girl covered in muck and foul odor. When entering a tailor, the owner even comments on how shabby her clothes are. After giving her several good baths and nice clothes, she looks like a princess, leading the nobles to believe she must be someone important to have Kunai pampering her this way.
- Tagalong Kid: After Kunai turns her life around, she goes everywhere he goes and begs him to never leave her.
- Undying Loyalty: After spending a few days with him, Aku declares that she will never leave Kunai's side, even if he does turn out to be Evil All Along, she'd stay with him even if it meant the entire world would be her enemy.
Voiced by: Kaori Ishihara (Japanese), Kristen McGuire (English)The youngest of the Holy Maiden sisters, well-known for her selfish and bratty attitude. She challenges the new Demon Lord to earn respect, but he easily defeats her and robs her money. After tracking him down, the two of them reach an amiable relationship and she begins to develop feelings for him. Not that she'd admit it, of course.
- Authority in Name Only: Like all nobles, she was given a plot of land for herself, but it was only a token gesture. In reality, she was given virtually useless and dried-up land for the disfavored and disregarded "rabbitkin" people and then told to not pay any attention to it and let local administrators deal with it.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: With the exception of Aku (whom she befriended early), Luna becomes extremely jealous whenever some new woman shows up in Kunai's entourage.
- Comedic Spanking: Kunai dishes this out to her in retaliation for attacking him, justifying it as not taking it easy on an opponent just because they were a woman.
- Establishing Character Moment: Her very first scene has her riding in a carriage in her Holy Maiden garb, explaining that she's on the way to defeat the Demon Lord to avoid being shown up by her sister and scolding her driver for hurting her butt with bumpy driving. This tells us literally everything we need to know about Luna and even establishes her signature Running Gag.
- Everyone Can See It: It's plain to everyone who sees the two of them that Luna is deeply in love with Kunai. Both Queen and Madam Butterfly point it out, although Luna denies it to the latter. Angel White can also see it, but she's worried that it's because Kunai somehow manipulated her into it.
- Exact Words: When she tries to tell Killer Queen about Kunai, she does it by telling her "There really is a Demon Lord, and he's totally obsessed with my ass!". Kunai winces because he did say that he enjoyed spanking her butt after their first meeting, but that wasn't what he meant.
- Fantastic Racism:
- Her jealousy aside, she takes an instant dislike to Tron because she's a demonkin and as a Holy Maiden, Luna is against being near her let alone traveling and working alongside her. Note, however, that this opinion didn't last long and she begins treating Tron like a good friend.
- Averted in regards to demihumans. Growing up, Luna's best friend Eagle was a demihuman that was capable of passing as human. Luna intended to join the Church with her as a retainer, but the Church did not allow this to happen. In the present, she is also saddened by the treatment of the Bunnies in Rabby Village.
- First-Name Basis:
- She gives Aku permission to use her first name, as long as she uses "nee-sama" at the end of it.
- On the other hand, she at first objects to Kunai addressing her by her name, although that quickly stops being a problem to her.
- Hidden Depths: Everyone sees her as a selfish, egotistical brat but in reality, Luna is incredibly devoted, having worked extremely hard to get to her position. She's also not quite as selfish as she appears, with one of her major motivations being to protect demihumans from the injustice they receive in society.
- Inferiority Superiority Complex: She tends to act stuck-up because she feels inferior next to her more-respected and accomplished sisters. It also turns out that she grew up penniless and oppressed by the aristocrats of the Kingdom, and devoted her life to gaining greater status than them so that one day she could make them all pay.
- Internal Reformist: The reason Luna joined the Church and climbed her way up to being a Holy Maiden is to change the oppressive, bigoted nature of the Kingdom from within.
- Lord Error-Prone: Luna is a social elite and possesses elite magical powers, but she is relatively bad at both. When given her own land to rule, she was mostly given useless land that no one wanted anyway and then told to just let the local administrators handle it. She agreed and had absolutely no idea what was happening in her own territory, nor would she have known what to do if she did. Also, her sisters (and fellow Holy Maidens) don't think she's capable of handling much of anything in combat, either. She tries to prove them wrong by taking initiative against Kunai, but fails at that, too.
- Miles Gloriosus: Luna is a Holy Maiden, which makes her one of the most elite and most powerful persons in the Kingdom of Holy Light. However, she is seen as less capable and less responsible than either of her sisters, to the point that when she took off on her own to fight a man claiming to be a Demon Lord, absolutely no one (not her sisters, not the nobles, or anyone else) thought she was up to the task. They were correct, and after her guard are defeated in mere moments, Luna winces and hides behind her arms when fearing Kunai's reprisal. Lucky for her, she got off relatively light.
- My Greatest Failure: Her failure to save her friend Eagle is Luna's primary motivation for wanted to protect the demihumans from the unjust society of the Kingdom.
- Obfuscating Stupidity: Zig-Zagged. Kunai and his partners assume that the Church put Luna in charge of Rabby village just to put her out of the way. This is probably true, but Luna also wanted to gain control over a demihuman village to protec them because she regretted what had happened to her friend Eagle. That doesn't mean she was actually any good at governing the place, however.
- Noblewoman's Laugh: She tends to break into one of these whenever gloating or planning something selfish.
- The Ojou: As a Holy Maiden, Luna is one of the highest-ranked and most important persons in the Kingdom of Holy Light...by technicality. In reality, being outshined by her elder sisters along with the chip on her shoulder she developed from it has led most people to look down on her even as a Holy Maiden. Her insistence of flaunting her status, power and wealth can thus be seen as attempts to remind people of her "importance".
- Pain to the Ass: When introduced Luna is complaining to her driver that bumps in the road hit her in the butt. After attacking and losing to Kunai, he spanks her for so long and so hard that she has to ride back with her butt in the air and complains even louder about the bumps.
- Rags to Riches: She worked her way up from a street urchin that could barely pay for bread to one of the wealthiest and most elite persons in the Kingdom.
- Running Gag: After her Comedic Spanking, Luna always accuses Kunai of trying to touch her butt or the butts of some other girls. On at least one occasion, he actually does it intentionally just to cheer her up.
- Screw the Rules, I Make Them!: Luna is a Holy Maiden, and thus one of the highest-ranking persons in the Kingdom of Holy Light. She's accustomed to doing whatever she wants, with only her sisters really able to object. She uses almost these exact words when giving Aku permission to use her first name.
- Self-Made Woman: Luna worked extremely hard to make it up the ranks into the status of Holy Maiden, crawling her way from a mere street urchin in only a few years.
- Smitten Teenage Girl: It's clear to almost everyone that she is deeply in love with Kunai, which she won't even admit to herself. Angel White is worried that her infatuation is making her easy for him to manipulate.
- Spoiled Brat: As the youngest of the Holy Maidens, she throws tantrums if she doesn't have her way and sees everything as being about her.
- Street Urchin: Prior to being accepted into the Church, she was a poor kid living in the streets and snubbed by the rich elite members of high society. She clawed her way to the top just to get back at all those who looked down on her and those she cared about.
- The Team Benefactor: An unwilling example and Played for Laughs, at first. After losing to Kunai, he steals her money and treats himself, Aku and eventually Luna herself to luxuries paid for with Luna's own money. At Aku's insistence, Kunai eventually gives her back the rest of her money and from then on she becomes a willing benefactor to Kunai and his crew, including allowing them to use land she owns to create businesses and allowing them to travel in her carriage.
- Tsundere: Luna very quickly develops a tsunderish personality towards Kunai, constantly mocking him and accusing him of perverse things while pretending that she doesn't like him or care. But when he actually compliments her, she's excited and when introduced to Yu Kirino, she jealously asks if she's Kunai's lover.
- White Magician Girl: She uses holy magic as her method of attack. Possessing similar divine powers to her sisters, but focused primarily on offensive magic to go with her Blood Knight tendencies.
Voiced by: Rina Sato (Japanese), Katelynn Barr (English)A genius doctor and scientist who is one of Kunai's aides, created by Akira for Infinity Game. In this world, her personality comes to life (for better or worse) and she develops feelings for Kunai which spur her to earn his approval.
- Ambiguously Bi: She has clearly shown excitement at the prospect of dressing small, androgynous girls in clothes befitting young boys, although she admits that she lost interest after falling for Kunai.
- Blatant Lies: After both she and Kunai learn how to teleport, Kunai tells his other female companions to hold onto him so they can teleport with him. All of the girls take the opportunity to intimately hug him or take possession of an arm, including Kirino. When he states that she could teleport on her own, she replies that it makes no sense to waste double the magic points for one trip. The wicked expression on her face shows that while she knows that the amount of wasted points would be trivial, that wasn't her real reason in the first place.
- Combat Medic: She deals with an assassin sent to kill Luna by detaching and reattaching his arms (doing it so fast that each happens between Jump Cuts.
- Depraved Bisexual: As a sadist and shotacon, she is certainly depraved. The bi part is somewhat contentious but she's clearly willing to take some liberties.
- Horrifying Hero: When an assassin disguised as a clown arrives to attack Luna, Aku and herself, Yu turns the tables on him by offering to show him a "magic trick". She does this by detaching one, then both of his arms without anyone noticing (including the assassin), reattaching them on backwards, and then putting them back to normal, all without a single drop of blood. She then warns him that if he tries this again, she will do far worse. All with a smile on her face that leaves the assassin terrified and the other ladies believing it was just some impressive trick.
- Hospital Hottie: She's a very, very beautiful doctor. Her attractiveness is pointed out by Aku and Luna with awe and jealousy, respectively. When gushing about one of Kunai's wise decisions, even he is taken aback by just how attractive she can be when she wants to be, and wonders if this was a quality he'd always programmed into her.
- Lovecraftian Superpower: Her Hand of God tranforms her hand into a variety of unsightly, terrifying medical tools such as a scalpel and syringe. Aku is scared by it when she first sees it.
- Love Redeems: Both Kunai and Tahara remark that she is a much nicer (and cuter) person after falling in love. Tahara silently pleads for her to stay this way forever.
- The Medic: She is the de-facto healer of Kunai's team, able to diagnose and heal Aku's leg within seconds of looking at it. She also runs the field hospital set up by Kunai.
- Morally Ambiguous Doctorate: Yu Kirino is a Mad Scientist and doctor that's described as a murderous sadist to the point that Kunai actually hesitates to summon her at first. One of his first orders after she appears is to forbid her to kill.
- Ms. Fanservice: From the moment she's introduced, she's showcased as an extremely sexy and enticing character, from her long legs and stockings, low neckline, gorgeous looks and lustful behavior.
- Mundane Utility: When asked to slice a strawberry tart for dessert, she produces one of her surgical scalpels.
- The Nose Knows: She was able to realize the Clown was an assassin because she could smell the poison in his pocket.
- Shotacon: Yu Kirino is described as having a sexual fetish for young boys, and asks Aku to dress as a boy as payment for treating her leg. Kunai orders her to knock it off. However she seems to have lost this trait since falling in love with Kunai, as Tahara mentions there are a ton of bunny boys in the village and she hasn't shown any interest in them.
- Nominal Hero: She's a sadistic, amoral medical scientist, and the only reasons she is on the side of the protagonists is that she respects (and is in love with) Kunai, who has Taken a Level in Kindness since Infinity Game and because she agrees with Kunai's opinion that helping the innocent and milking the rich is more fun because it's the opposite method he used to build the Great Empire.
- She's Got Legs: Her most noticeable asset are her extremely long and attractive legs, adorned in nylon stockings.
- Single-Target Sexuality: As she states herself, she lost interest in anyone else after her feelings for Kunai kick in.
- The Tease: She will pull out all the stops to rouse up Kunai, such as feigning a medical check-up so that she'll get to touch his bare body and press her bust against his back. Unfortunately for her, she gets a bit too hot-and-bothered by it herself, prompting an unnerved Kunai to excuse himself immediately.
- What Is This Thing You Call "Love"?: After being commended by Kunai, Yu Kirino's heart instantly melts, leaving her confused about what this strange feeling is. She describes it as her existence suddenly being acknowledged by an almighty God.
- When She Smiles: When Yu smiles out of genuine happiness (usually involving Kunai in some way), she literally shines with cuteness. Tahara begs whoever's involved to let her keep this personality forever.
Voiced by: Suzuns Kinoshita (Japanese)A devilkin (half-demon, half-human hybrid) which was exploited and shunned by) the members of the Satanist cult in their attempts to destroy the Kingdom of Holy Light. She had pretty much given up on life until rescued by Zero. She quickly figures out that Zero and Kunai are the same person, and while Zero is her preference, she feels attached to both.
- Aura Vision: One of her inherent abilities. It's the reason she knows that Kunai and Zero are the same person.
- Cute and Psycho: In one conversation, she asks Kunai what she'd have to do in order to see Zero again, and asks with a smile if the task would be to kill lots of people. Kunai is not enthused about such an assumption.
- Flight: She has the power to float effortlessly, and apparently finds it preferable to walking.
- Half-Breed Discrimination: She is persecuted, abused and insulted by humans because of her demon heritage. Even demons call her disgusting and say that her blood "stinks".
- Kuudere: She's a gloomy girl on the outside, but her softer and happier side begins to emerge after she meets Zero.
- Power Floats: She rarely if ever walks, preferring to float around to move.
- Purple Eyes: She is a demonkin with purple eyes that can see emotions and souls in specific colors.
- Precocious Crush: She's a young girl close to Aku's age and, like her, has a crush on Kunai/Zero.
- Secret Keeper: She's the only person who knows that Kunai and Zero are the same person.
- Shameless Fanservice Girl: She floats into the men's bath simply to corner Kunai and demand that he transform into Zero, showing no shame in his lack of clothing or her own, nor getting an eyeful of Kunai's junk after his towel falls away.
- The Stoic: She shows very little emotion, except when it comes to her interest in Zero. And even then, she's extremely forward and monotone.
- Tagalong Kid: Like Aku, she is infatuated with Kunai/Zero and so refuses to leave his side.
Voiced by: Tomokazu Seki (Japanese)A gunslinger who was one of Kunai's underlings in Infinity Game. He is summoned by Kunai to take charge of Rabby Village, using his tactical expertise to construct and defend the town.
- Almighty Janitor: Despite being a gunslinger, Kunai mention that he is the only one of his aids that has his setting to Genius and should be able to handle and adapt to anything thrown at him. This is why Kunai has him take care of managing the village.
- Big Brother Instinct: He has a tremendous "little sister complex" and is very attached to his sister Mamami.
- Friend to All Children: One of the reasons Kunai picked to summon him. He noted that his siscon quirk made him very good around children.
- Genre Savvy: After Kunai explains the situation about them being summoned to a different world, Tahara likens it to the "anime [he] watched as a kid".
- Dual Wielding: His weapons of choice are two pistols which he uses in each hand.
- The Gunslinger: His skill with firearms is the reason that Kunai summons him to protect his Hot Springs.
- I Owe You My Life: Kunai saved both Tahara and his sister Mamami, so he vows to follow him to hell and back.
- Little Sister Heroine: He is sexually attracted to his younger sister, having an Imagine Spot of her in an enticing bunny outfit.
- Mr. Fanservice: He is often shown shirtless, or even relaxing in a sauna wearing little besides a towel.
- Number Two: He is officially in charge of Rabby Village in Kunai's absence, even though Luna still technically owns it.
- Oh, Crap!: He immediately freaks out the moment that he learns Yu has crossed over into the new world with them.
- Perma-Stubble: The has a small patch of stubble on his chin, and has apparently had it forever.
- Sarcastic Devotee: He's dedicated to Kunai's mission, but doesn't hesitate to tell it like it is. Often with a healthy dose of sarcasm.
- Smarter Than Youlook: He looks like a laid back kind of guy, but Kunai notes that he is the only aide he programmed to be a "Genius".
- Vitriolic Best Buds: He and Yu trade insults with each other, and their personalities seem to clash, but Kunai say the two of them work well together.
Kingdom of Holy Light Characters
Love at First Sight with Kirisame Zero and makes it her mission in life to marry him.
- Action Girl: She's a Holy Maiden and thus one of the most powerful fighters in the world. That being said, while random mooks can't touch her, she tends to lose against the current Monster of the Week.
- All Amazons Want Hercules: Queen is the toughest and most violent woman in the cast, but the instant she comes across a stronger, attractive man, she falls in love and begins to act meek and submissive in his presence.
- BFS: She uses an assortment of large swords and other melee weapons, usually carried by one of her minions.
- Distressed Damsel: She is put in this situation twice—both occasions losing a battle and being rescued by Zero.
- Dominatrix: When she orders her men to attack, many of them gleefully leap to the task, begging her to things like step on them if they do a good job.
- Drop the Hammer: Her ace in the hole is a gigantic warhammer called Holy Hammer Sigma.
- Establishing Character Moment: Her very first scene shows her riding on top of a war carriage, cursing and scowling that her younger sister has taken off to fight a Demon Lord and mocking her ability to accompish anything.
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: She's only "tiny" relative to Fuji, who is huge, but the dynamic is there.
- The Lad-ette: Queen is very violent, short-tempered and foul-mouthed. She states that it's been a very long time since anyone has even regarded her to be a woman.
- Love at First Sight: She is in awe of Zero when they first meet, and her affection for him only grows the more he speaks and acts.
- Meaningful Name: Killer Queen is a ruthless bloodthirsty warrior who behaves as an oppressive queen to her men and anyone else she deems beneath her.
- Parody: Of Souther in Fist of the North Star. She sat on a mobile throne, and her official title is 'End-of-Century Holy Maiden'. Even Kunai mused at her entire ensemble as having some sort of post-apocalyptic flair.
- Rapunzel Hair: Even in a braid her hair probably reaches her ankles.
- Single-Target Sexuality: Literally everything about Zero turns her on. Everything. Every word he speaks, every action he takes, and every aspect of his appearance is so enticing to her that she has to pinch her nose to stop a nosebleed.
- Sir Swears-a-Lot: She is known for having a sharp temper and foul mouth, but all of that goes away whenever Zero is around.
- Smitten Teenage Girl: Even on the cusp of adulthood at 17 years old, Queen is completely head-over-heels for Zero, turning into a pining mess whenever he's around or even mentioned.
- Tomboy with a Girly Streak: Killer Queen is a violent Ladette, but she is secretly insecure about not being treated as a woman. One reason that she falls in love with Zero is because he rescues her and promises to protect her, something no man had done for her in a long time.
- You Didn't See That: When Fuji sees her behaving meek and ladylike to Zero, he does a Spit Take, and she immediately threatens to kill him if he acknowledges what he saw.
Voiced by: Aki Toyosaki (Japanese), Creator/Megan Shipman (English)The eldest and leader of the three Holy Maidens, said to be second only to the Seraph in control of the Kingdom of Holy Light. She is far more level-headed and kind than her sisters, and also considered to be the most beautiful. While cordial toward Kunai during their first meeting, she is worried that he will attempt to harm the Seraph and overthrow the Kingdom of Holy Light.
- Barrier Warrior: She casts a huge barrier to protect the city during a siege. She's not shown using any other types of magic.
- Big Sister Instinct:
- She's the eldest sister of the three Holy Maidens and is deeply worried about Luna throwing her lot in with Kunai, worried that he did something to manipulate or brainwash her.
- Her first words to Killer Queen after the latter returns to the castle is to say how relieved she is after hearing how rough the previous battle was. She also almost drops the barrier she erected over the castle to save her sister from Oruit, but Queen makes her stay back even at the risk of being killed.
- Beauty = Goodness: She is a Holy Maiden that protects the Kingdom of Holy Light and is considered the wisest and nicest of the three. Kunai is also floored by her beauty when the two of them briefly meet.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: After they accidentally meet one-another in the nude, Angel and Kunai continuously go through several moments of hostility laced with heavy sexual attraction. Most of these moments have the accidental subtext of romance fiction, such as Kunai taking her into his arms to wisk her back to her castle.
- Dating Catwoman: Subverted, but she doesn't realize it. From her perspective, Kunai must be the Fallen Angel and Demon Lord known as Lucifer, given his abilities similar to an angel as well as the way he's charmed everyone in the Kingdom. After falling in love with him, she declares her intent to "revert" him to the angel she believes he is.
- Establishing Character Moment: When introduced she is presiding over a meeting concerning what to do about Kunai, but she is wracked with worry about her youngest sister and decides the best course is to trust Luna and see what happens. Moments later, she greets Queen with heartfelt relief that she is okay but then becomes disturbed by her sister's rabid infatuation with a man she's only met once.
- The Good Chancellor: She is technically the second-in-command of the Kingdom (or perhaps third, including the Ophan) but is functionally the person calling the shots. When the nobles have a meeting deciding how to deal with Kunai, she suggests to "Wait and see" and that's the end of the discussion.
- Holy Burns Evil: Her holy barrier also doubles as offensive magic that can weaken or even destroy creatures of evil.
- I Can Change My Beloved: Following their second meeting, Angel develops deep feelings for Kunai but still believes him to be the wicked Demon Lord. However, due to also believing that he's the fallen angel Lucifer, she believes there's still good in him and that she can turn him back into a pure angel.
- The Ingenue: Angel White is very pure and innocent, but that also makes her rather immature and childlike in some ways. Being called a "child" for being freaked out by an "indirect kiss" note makes her extremely angry.
- Love Redeems: Her plan for Kunai; she believes that she can return him to his "true" Angel nature.
- Meaningful Name: Angel White dresses in white clothing and has a very angelic and benevolent demeanor.
- Meet Cute: Unusually, her second meeting with Kunai is the ones that introduces awkwardness and Belligerent Sexual Tension, as she accidentally stumbles on him in the Men's bath.
- Mistaken for Servant: When she comes to the renovated Rabbi Village to "rescue" Luna, she is mistaken for hired help by Tahara, who chews her out over her outfit and choice of color and orders her to get to work. She's so flummoxed by it that she follows his orders without thinking.
- Ms. Fanservice: She wears a very elegant but revealing outfit with ample cleavage; even Kunai is in awe of just how gorgeous she is.
- Nervous Wreck: Angel is continually shown wracked with worry or dread about everything that seems out of the ordinary. She naturally shows concern for the safety of her sisters, but she's also constantly misreading the intentions and deeds of Kunai. She assumes that gaining the trust and cooperation of Luna and Madam Butterfly is some kind of plot to undermine the Kingdom, and she practically has a breakdown following his request to research the Seraph, assuming that it's an attempt to find a weakness and kill her.
- Only Sane Man: She sees herself as the only person still in their right mind after both of her sisters fall in love. Both Queen and Luna behave not like themselves after meeting their respective love interests, making Angel believe she's the only one who's still making any sense at all.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: Despite her fears and misgivings about Kunai, she chooses to take a "wait-and-see" approach to him, even granting him access to the library to research the Seraph despite fears that he's using it to discover a weakness.
- Rose-Haired Sweetie: She has rose-colored hair and is a virtuous Holy Maiden, considered the nicest and wisest of her siblings.
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: When the capital is under attack, she places a barrier around as much of the city as she can. It's destroyed by Oruit's Killing Field, but she manages to put a smaller one around just the castle.
- Straight Man: She is almost always used as comic relief, being perplexed by the strange behavior and radical changes in the persons and things around her.
- Sustained Misunderstanding: A Running Gag involving herself and Kunai. She is utterly convinced that he is the nefarious Demon Lord of legend and interprets everything he says and does within the worst possible light. She believes that anyone who is on his side or can't see how "evil" he is has been brainwashed or corrupted, or is secretly a demonic servant of his in disguise. Naturally, a number of contrived coincidences also occur at the wrong times to reinforce her misunderstanding and drive her even crazier.
- White Magician Girl: When the Kingdom of Holy is attacked, she casts holy magic that protects much of the city (but later, she can only maintain it around the castle).
- White Sheep: Considered the most level-headed of the three Maiden sisters. Kunai is incredibly impressed when he speaks with her.
- Wrong Genre Savvy: She believes herself to be the Only Sane Man in a slow, methodical corruption of the Kingdom by the nefarious Demon Lord and takes it upon herself to stop it at any cost. This is despite overwhelming evidence that Kunai is not as bad as he seems and that the people who join his side are not being brainwashed or coerced.
The SeraphThe mythic and unseen ruler of the Kingdom of Holy Light. No one alive today knows anything about her, and Kunai's first instinct is to assume she's just a myth. Most of the people of her domain believe her to real, though, including Angel White.
- The Ghost: No one has seen her in generations and some aren't even sure if she actually exists.
Killer Queen's bodyguard and second-in-command.
- The Big Guy: A big musclebound man who fights using his brute strength.
- Expy: Of Street Fighter's Zangief. Not only is he almost identical, with the same haircut, body build and chest hair, but he attacks using wrestling moves—many of which Zangief uses in his own game.
- Made of Iron: He takes several arrows all over his body and survives with no lasting damage. It briefly knocks him out, but that's all.
- Meaningful Name: He is a massive man, which makes being named after the largest mountain in Japan fitting.
- Number Two: He is Killer Queen's second-in-command and closest follower.
- Special Person, Normal Name: While being named "Mount-anything" would be strange in our world, what's even stranger is that it's confirmed that there is no Japan in the world of the story, which makes it curious how Fuji would have gotten his name.
- Taking the Bullet: He takes a number of arrows intended for Queen and Luna, and manages to survive.
Madam Shrimpfry ButterflyA woman of high social standing who becomes impressed by Kunai and enters into a mutually-beneficial business arrangement with him.
- Big Beautiful Woman: Though a very large woman, Madam Butterfly's weight is never used as a butt of humor or to make her appear unattractive. In fact, scenes of her bathing in Kunai's bathhouse are explicitly used for genuine fanservice.
- Big Fun: She has a very friendly, delightful personality and is a large woman.
- Exceptionally Tolerant: She is one of the few people who has heard of Kunai being called the Demon Lord and had little to no reaction about it whatsoever.
- Grande Dame: She is a middle-aged, thick-bodied woman that is the most powerful and influential noblewoman in the Kingdom of Holy Light.
- Naming Conventions: Her name is Shrimpfry and she has a sister named Oysterfry. Both names leave Kunai dumbfounded and he calls them the "fry family".
- Nice Girl: Despite being very rich and posh, she treats the main characters with nothing but respect and agrees to his business proposal.
- Ojou: She has connections all over the kingdom and is extremely wealthy. She casually spent 42 Large Gold Coins on a music box and gave a Holy Coin to Yu for curing Sambo's blindness, which is work around 100 Large Gold Coins. Just selling that coin alone was enough to completely refurnish Rabby Village from the ground up.
- Punny Name: Doubling as a Shout-Out, her name is "Madam Butterfly".
- Prim and Proper Bun: She keeps her brown hair tied up in a bun over her head.
- Proper Lady: She is very distinguished, courteous and ladylike and dresses in an elegant fashion befitting her status.
- Screw Destiny: It is revealed that her girth is a genetic family trait she and her sister has lived with since they were children. After finding out that the Salt Spa seems to "kill" her fat cells she decided to stay in Rabby Village for a vacation, vowing to "fight her destiny".
- Screw the Rules, I Have Connections!: She's said to be the most well-connected and influential woman in all of the Kingdoms, excluding the Holy Maidens.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: She insults and berates Sambo a lot, but you can tell that she cares very much for his happiness and well-being.
Marshall ArtsThe head soldier of the Kingdom of Holy Light.
- Badass Normal: Has no special abilities or magic to speak of, but can cut down low level mooks and demons with no problem.
- Establishing Character Moment: During his first scene, he is in a meeting where he suggests that it's not wise to attack a man who has seemingly does nothing, despite reports from shady nobles claiming that said man has attacked a village.
- Humble Hero: Killer Queen is impressed by his skill in battle, but he calls it insignificant compared to herself and Fuji.
- Knight in Shining Armor: He is a heroic knight in fancy armor, who prides himself on defending the Kingdom of Holy Light.
- Old Soldier: He's in his sixties and still strong enough to defeat demons easily.
- Punny Name: His name is an obvious pun on "martial arts".
- Reasonable Authority Figure: While meeting with Angel White and the nobles of the capital, he opposes Dona's suggestions of arresting or attacking Kunai because Luna vouches for him, and doesn't see doubting her word as a just act. He also says that he will not trust the word of a noble over that of a commoner, but only by whether or not the person is trustworthy.
Dona DonaThe head noble of the Kingdom of Holy Light.
- Establishing Character Moment: Introduced trying to rally the nobles and a Holy Maiden against Kunai, conducting himself in a suspicious and smug manner.
- Fat Bastard: A very large man and not very pleasant.
- Green-Eyed Monster: Absolutely hates how Shrimpfry showed him up at the auction.
- Obviously Evil: From the very first glance we get of him, from his evil mustache, and smug way of speaking and acting, it's clear that this guy is up to no good.
- Smug Snake: He makes sinister and untrustworthy suggestions with ulterior motives during the meeting with Angel White, all while stroke his mustache and grinning smugly.
- Upper-Class Twit: He is the top nobleman of the Kingdom of Holy Light and very much an untrustworthy douchebag.
Commando SamboA former retainer of Marshall Arts who was forced to retire after being blinded. He is also a fri
- Career-Ending Injury: Being blinded by monster venom in both eyes forced him into an early retirement from soldiering.
- Manly Tears: He cries tears of joy after Kirino cures his blindness.
- Old Soldier: A retainer of Marshall Arts; the moment his blindness is cured, he immediately rushes back to his master's side.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: He and Madam Butterfly trade scathing insults whenever they have the chance, but the two of them care for each other a great deal.
Voiced by: Hitomi Nabatame (Japanese), Beth Lipton (English)An adventurer partnered with Yukikaze that happens to encounter Kunai on their journey. He saves the two of them from a stampede of bloodthirsty wolves. She's interested in Kirisame Zero, even before they met.
- BFS: She wields a gigantic, single-edged sword that's as big as she is.
- Boobs of Steel: Has some of the largest, and least-covered, breasts in the series and fights using physical melee weapons.
- Hotter and Sexier: In the manga she actually wears normal clothes and armor and has a slimmer build. In the anime she wearing barely anything and has a huge bust.
- Impossibly-Low Neckline: There is NOTHING holding her top on her enormous breasts.
- Love Before First Sight: She became interested in Zero from hearing about him, even though the two hadn't met yet.
- Straight Man and Wise Guy: She is the Straight Woman to Yukikaze's Wise Guy, being the most levelheaded of the two.
- Stripperiffic: Despite being a seasoned adventurer, her outfit is nothing but strips of fabric and a cape.
- Sword and Sorcerer: She is the sword and Yukikaze is the Sorcerer.
- Those Two Guys: She and Yukikaze are typically a comedic duo used for comic relief.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: She is the Tomboy to Yukikaze's "girlish boy".
- Vitriolic Best Buds: Yukikaze drives her crazy with his constant Double Entendre and Transgender Fetishization, but they work very well together.
- Black Magician Girl: "Black Magician Girlish Boy", actually, but close enough. He uses magical spells to attack and defend with.
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: Yukikaze is described as a "girlish boy" and is referred to as "him". Everything about him is extremely feminine, however, to the point that he desires womanly attributes such as breasts and wants to become pregnant.
- Establishing Character Moment: He is introduced slowly and lovingly licking a very long popsicle, followed immediately by one sexual innuendo after another.
- Only the Pure of Heart: Played with. He claims he has a bountiful bosom but only the pure of heart can see them.
- Rescue Romance: He is absolutely smitten with Kunai after the first time he rescues him, and even moreso the second time.
- Sword and Sorcerer: Mikan is the sword, and he is the sorcerer.
- Transgender Fetishization: Yukikaze, a "girlish boy", is introduced licking a long popsicle, makes constant sexual innuendos and Double Entendres and is very forward about the things he wants Kunai to do to his "holes". He is by far the most sexually-charged character in the series. Even the title of an episode frames Yukikaze's sexual advances as an "attack" on Kunai.
Voiced by: Chiyo Ousaki (Japanese)A mysterious woman and S-Rank adventurer who is seeking Kunai because she is infatuated with the allure of a Demon Lord.
- Chuunibyou: Her Nightmare Fetishist tendencies as well as constant references to her bandaged eye as being a dark power really gives her this vibe.
- Gag Boobs: Her oversized breasts are often shown jiggling at awkward moments, such as in the middle of a fight.
- Holy Hand Grenade: According to her, her staff can be used a melee weapon and "denies the very existence" of evil beings.
- Nightmare Fetishist: She is a seemingly nice girl who has an obsession with dark, wicked things. Even her spell incantations are filled with dark and foreboding wording, which onlookers point out with horror while she's helping defend their lives.
- White Magician Girl: Despite the looks like a typical witch and uses sinister-worded incantations, she is a Priest (sic) who attacks by use of holy magic like Holy Rain, and also uses healing magic.
Voiced by: Mao Ichimichi (Japanese)An S-Rank adventurer devilkin and Mink's partner.
- Brilliant, but Lazy: She's an S-Rank adventurer, which makes her one of the best, but she's often seen lazing about even during battle and can't even understand why Mink tries so hard in the first place.
- Does Not Like Shoes: Has a lack of footwear as shown in her full body image.
- Stripperiffic: Her outfit consists of nothing but a bra and panties, covered by a cloak.
Momo and Kyon
Two Bunnies(rabbit-eared people) that live in the decrepit village that Luna technically owns. They begin as farmers and laborers but later work in Kunai's Hot Springs Resort as greeters.
- Beast Man: Both of them are rabbit-eared people called "Bunnies".
- Fantastic Racism: It's stated that humans look down upon their kind, which is why they've been pushed into living on ineffective farm land and why they're expected to talk in an absurdly cute way around humans.
- Ms. Fanservice: When in their Hot Springs uniforms.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Momo is the Tomboy to Kyon's Girly Girl.
- Untrusting Community: Because he's a human, a reputed Demon Lord, and because he himself constantly says and does things that can be misconstrued, Momo and Kyon both tend to assume Kunai is doing something evil, for comedic purposes.
- Verbal Tic: Kyon has a habit of ending her sentences with "pyun" ("hop") and Momo with "usa" ("bunny"), much to the annoyance of Kunai. While they do talk normally when they want to (or forget) they've become conditioned to speak this way because humans expect rabbitkin to.
IdolA powerful, wish-granting entity shrouded in mystery.
- Ambiguous Situation: Kunai speculates that she may have been one of the angels of legend that created the Kingdom of Holy Light. Maybe even the Ophan (one of the angels that rule the Kingdom) herself.
- Benevolent Genie: Her wish-granting abilities are supposed to be used for beneficial purposes, but if an evil wish is made, she still has to grant it. Although, she will try to be as literal as possible.
- Exact Words: When asked by Kunai if she was the person who summoned him, she says that technically it was the Satanists. They wished for "the Demon Lord" to descend, and she granted the wish by bringing a Demon Lord.
- I'm Dying, Please Take My MacGuffin: Shortly before she crumbles into dust, she gives Kunai her magic ring.
- I Was Quite a Looker: Before she crumbles away, she tells Kunai that she was once beautiful and a sight to behold, but countless evil wishes changed her into the monstrous form he finds.
- Literal Genie: The Satanists asked for "the Demon Lord to descend", but they didn't specify which one.
Satanists CultA mysterious cult which seeks to destroy the Kingdom of Holy Light and the Maidens especially.
- Black Cloak: All of their members have been seen in black cloaks, unless under disguise.
- Blood Magic: They summon devils by cutting their hands and drawing blood. This sort of summoning is fatal, though.
- Card-Carrying Villain: They're horrible people and proud of it.
- Cast from Hit Points: Summoning a Devil will ultimately kill summon those who summon it, and more powerful Devils will require greater sacrifices.
- Cult: A cult of shadowy persons that can utilize demonic magic and summon demons. Their purpose is to use these powers to destroy the Kingdom of Holy Light.
- Generic Doomsday Villain: Their reasons for wanting the destruction of the kingdom, and its citizens, good, bad, and indifferent, is never mentioned. All we know is that they're willing to kill themselves to pull it off.
- Overarching Villain: They're the main antagonistic force for most of the series, responsible for the vast majority of dangers and threats.
GreoleThe very first enemy encountered in the series, a powerful demon feared by the entire nation.
- Horns of Villainy: He's your typical horned demon.
- Informed Ability: We're told that he's one of the most dangerous demons in the world, able to threaten the entire Kingdom of Holy Light. We never get to see it because Kunai destroys him without breaking a sweat.
- Mugging the Monster: Thinking he's just another human to torment and eat, Greole attacks Kunai and promptly gets erased from existence.
- Sealed Evil in a Can: He was sealed away by the Cherub itself centuries ago, but was freed by the Satanists shortly before the story begins.
- Starter Villain: Greole is the first enemy that Kunai faces. He establishes the fact that demons exist in this world, that humans are terrified of them, and that Kunai is insanely powerful for being able to take him out in an instant.
- This Cannot Be!: His last words are screaming in disbelief that he's being killed by a "human."
- The Worf Effect: One of the most powerful demons in the world, and he's taken out just to demonstrate how overpowered Kunai is.
CarnivalA "Mid-Level Demon" summoned by the Satanists to defeat Kunai and the adventurers.
- Absurdly Sharp Claws: He has massive claws instead of hands.
- Ain't Too Proud to Beg: Begs for his life when it's clear he's about to be killed by Kunai.
- Barrier Warrior: In a twist, he's not using a barrier to keep attacks or attackers out, but to keep his victims in.
- Horned Humanoid: He looks like a humanoid clown with two drill-like horns shooting from the sides of his head.
- I'm a Humanitarian: Eagerly seeks to eat any humans he sees, and casts a barrier over the immediate location to stop any from escaping.
- Monster Clown: As befitting his name, he has a clown-like style despite being a demon.
- Monster of the Week: Just another in a long list of disposable monsters for Kunai to destroy for that week's episode.
- More Teeth than the Osmond Family: As part of his Cheshire Cat Grin, he has an entire top and bottom row of incredible sharp teeth.
- Villains Want Mercy: He begs Kunai to spare him, only for Kunai to wonder how many times Carnival heard those same words and didn't stop.
OruitA high-level Devil called the "Prince of Darkness" summoned to destroy the Kingdom of Holy Light and the Holy Maidens after Kunai easily destroys the Satanist's previous demon.
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: After his battle with Zero and he revives in his home castle, he's shown with friends and family who care for his well being.
- Eye Beams: The first attack he uses (against Fuji) are destructive eye beams that knock the large man out.
- Godzilla Threshold: Because summoning him is Cast from Hit Points, the Satanists don't resort to summoning him until they have absolutely no choice.
- Monster of the Week: Set up as a big threat in the capital city battle, but easily goes down to Kirisame Zero like nothing.
- Oh, Crap!: He has multiple "Oh Crap!" moments in a row as he quickly discovers that he can't even touch Zero, but his most prominent one comes when he realizes that Zero might not just be harnessing the power of a dragon, but might actually be becoming one.
- One-Winged Angel: Turns into a gigantic, animalistic villain to try and destroy Zero.
- Red Baron: He's referred to as the Prince of Darkness.
- Smug Super: An absurdly powerful villain, who enjoys toying with his victims.
- Vampiric Draining: By stabbing his hand through her gut, he draws the blood from Tron to increase his power.
- Villainous Breakdown: While overpowering Queen, Mink and Fuji, Oruit is confident and condescending towards his inferior opponent. When Zero easily handles him, Oruit starts to lose his mind until all he can think of is destroying Zero at any cost.
- Would Hit a Girl: Has no problem punching and kicking female opponents, including those who are already down and in no condition to be a threat. He also put his hand through Tron just to use her blood to heal himself.