This is the character sheet for Demigods & Magicians. That said if you're looking for a character that originated from The Camp Half-Blood Series note or have their roots in Classical Mythology, click here. If you're looking for a character that originated from The Kane Chronicles or have their roots in Egyptian Mythology note , click here.
PtolemyA general of Alexander the Great. After Alexander died Ptolemy took over and tried to mix Greek and Egyptain religion. He declared himself a god-king, like the pharaohs. He tried to use a combination of Greek and Egyptian magic to try and make himself immortal, but failed. His work led to the rise of Serapis and paved the way for Setne, who perfected it.
- A God Am I: Declared himself one, but the magic meant to make him immortal backfired on him.
- The Ghost: He's been dead since 283 B.C.
- God King: Declared himself as one according to Carter.
- Villainous Legacy: His work in combining Greek and Egyptain magic is continued by Setne.
SerapisOriginally a minor village god, but then Ptolemy found him and made him the new supreme god of ancient Alexandria through the use of various Greek and Egyptian rituals. As more people grew to believe in him he became more powerful; which allowed him to drain and replace the other gods. Once the Ptolemaic dynasty fell though his cult ended up forgotten and he disappeared until Setne awakened him. Now he's trying to take steal back the power he originally took from the other gods and build a new Alexandria.
- Cool Crown: Though it looks more like flowerpot according to Annabeth, a modius is technically a type of crown or headdress.
- Demoted to Dragon: Was a enemy to the Greek and Egyptian gods before he was forgotten, but became this once he was brought back by Setne.
- The Dragon: To Setne, a bit unwillingly.
- Dragon with an Agenda: He doesn't care for Setne's plans and is instead trying to take over and build a new great city that mirrors ancient Alexandria.
- God Couple: With Isis. That said she probably wasn't too happy about.Serapis: "You are favored of Isis, I see? Excellent. She was once my wife."Sadie: "What? No. No, no, no."Serapis: "Oh, yes! When I deposed of both Osiris and Zeus, Isis was forced to serve me. Now I will use you as a gateway to summon her here and bind her. Isis will once again be my queen!"
- God King: During the Ptolemaic dynasty he overthrew Zeus as king of the gods. He also took control of The Underworld from Hades and Osiris.
- Hat of Authority: See Cool Crown above.
- The Hilarity of Hats: Serapis's modi us thanks to Annabeth."Excuse me, is that a flowerpot on your head?"
- Hot God: According to Annabeth he's this 'in an older, wild surfer kind of way.'
- Magic Staff: According to Serapis it allows him to control the past, present and future.
- Mana Drain: But only to Greek and Egyptian magic or essence.
- No-Sell: To Greek or Egyptian related powers.
- The Starscream: Implied that he would turn to this if Setne actually somehow manages to becomes a god, since both want to rule the world.
- Takes One to Kill One: He can only be affected by hybrid magic of Greek and Egyptian origin. This means a hat of invisibility worn by a magician can elude him, and a demigod casting Egyptian spells can harm him.
Serapis's StaffSerapis's staff is exactly as the name would imply, it is Serapis's staff. It was first seen in the series in two pieces; one with the upper bodies of a gray wolf and lion stuck to a hermit crab shell and piece looking like a black labrador retriever with its hind legs and tail replaced with a calcified tadpole tail. Both Annabeth Chase and Sadie Kane for a time manage to keep the two separate, but ultimately fail and rediscover them now both fully fuzed together becoming a fully restored staff. They were previously three different pieces to a statue until they were brought back to life by Setne. The lion piece was originally a artifact in a museum, wolf piece was originally in some sort of shop (presumed to be a antique shop) and dog piece was originally in Brooklyn House being studied. According to Serapis the staff was made by turning Cerberus into it. It's three heads represent the past, present and future note . When Annabeth stabbed killed the dog portion of the staff, she destroyed both the staff and Serapis.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: Each head represents either the past, present or future.
- The dog head was revealed to represent the future.
- Living Weapon: Has the upper bodies of a lion, wolf and a dog, with all of them fuzed at the base of what looks like a conical shell; which is actually a staff.
- Magic Staff: Is used as such by Serapis.
- Mana Drain: Like its master; being around the dog head made Annabeth feel weak.
- Multiple Head Case: Implied, Annabeth even gets the lion and wolf heads to fight each other briefly."Mr. Lion! How can you say that about Mr. Wolf?"
- Our Monsters Are Weird: Aside from also being a Living Weapon in the form of a staff, it has the upper bodies of a lion, wolf and a dog all sticking out of a staff; which resembled a shell.
- What Measure Is a Non-Cute?: Annabeth actually has a hard time killing the dog head portion of the staff because it's the least threatening head and reminds her of many friendly pets she's known.