- Distressed Damsel: Her abduction kicks off the story's plot.
- A Friend in Need: She could have just put the pillow over her head when she heard shouting from Acantha's room. She didn't.
The android guardian of the Taylor family.
- Action Girl: Definitely.
- Genki Girl: Android power cells aside, you could hook Ceci up to an electrical grid and run most of California off her.
Kyle LamarLynn's boyfriend and would-be rescuer.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: He really does.
Prince Decimus Livius
- The Caligula: More described than demonstrated, but His Highness clearly has some very unsavory habits.
- Evil Prince: Oh so much.
- Faux Affably Evil: He tries to come off as refined and classy, but the mask is laughably thin.
- Hate Sink: He has no redeeming qualities. None.
- Patricide: His father died during a hunting trip. Acantha implies that Decimus made it look like an accident. (Later on, during one of his monomaniacal rants, he outright states that he did, indeed, murder his father. And Acantha's mother.)
- Plucky Girl: Even her crazy, evil brother can't quite keep her down.
- Co-Dragons: With Maxus.
Maxus ValeriusFormer champion gladiator, and current general of the Nova Roman military forces.
- The Big Guy: Maxus is the kind of big guy that other Big Guys want to grow up to be.
- Co-Dragons: With Kali.
- General Ripper: Thoroughly averted. Maxus is a level-headed voice of reason.
- Genius Bruiser: A former champion of the gladitorial arena, and very far from stupid.
- My Master, Right or Wrong: Having sworn an oath of loyalty to the Livius family, Maxus is pretty much stuck with serving Prince Decimus. He does do his best to minimize Decimus's damage, from all evidence.