This is a partial character sheet for Dangan Ronpa: Rewound Despair. Visit here for the main character index.
open/close all folders
Super High School Level CriticShizuya Kamotos name is truly one to be feared. Its rumoured that a negative review from her could shatter your entire career and so far, this appears to be true. Shizuyas standards are notoriously high, but she refuses to lie in her reviews- instead, she just picks out genuine criticisms and focuses on tearing apart your hard work using them. Shizuya has earned her fierce reputation not only from the severity of her reviews, but also for the breadth of them- shes been found reviewing everything from books, to restaurants, to childrens TV shows.
- Awesome Mc Coolname: Her first name directly translates to "Quiet Evil".
- Beauty Mark: Has one right under her eye.
- Can't Take Criticism: Ironically, considering her talent.
- The Cynic: Shown not only in her general disposition, but also in her talent.
- Excessive Evil Eyeshadow: Her eyes are described as being caked with makeup, and she's one of the more antagonistic characters.
- I'm Not Here To Make Friends: She makes this painfully clear.
- Jerkass: Self-explanitory.
- Jerk With a Heart of Jerk: Not only is she rude and callous, she seems not to care about the other students' tragic deaths in the killing game, even spitting on the corpse of one of them.
- Lack of Empathy: Doesn't seem to care if others get hurt, and revels in being needlessly antagonistic.
- Meaningful Name: Her last name, translated to read "Expert Book", references her future daughter's talent.
Super High School Level Girl Gang LeaderHiroko Hagakure is known and feared across Japan for her motorcycle gang, Lethal Lotus. Theyve been spotted terrorising the streets across the Miyagi Prefecture, and have successfully held territory across the entire prefecture, despite numerous attempts from rival biker gangs to claim the land back. Hiroko herself has neatly dodged going to juvie for vandalism, speeding, attempted murder, and a whole lot of other charges. Somehow, all the evidence linking her to the crimes seems to disappear overnight
- Badass Biker: Her gang is a bosozoku one.
- Delinquent Hair: Half of it is shaved off, the rest is dyed.
- Japanese Delinquents: As her talent would suggest.
- Smoking Is Cool: On her report card, it's stated that she likes cigarettes. She's incredibly mad when she finds out Sadamu refuses to give her the rest of her cigarette supply during Chapter 2.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: It's dyed pink.
Super High School Level Cult LeaderRenmas cult, The Order of the Seventh Circle, was first only the whisperings of mere rumours in conspiracy magazines after stray animals started going missing all around the Yamanashi Prefecture. The group eventually went public in a public indoctrination speech, and fear struck the public due to the violent teachings the cult proclaimed. Reportedly, theyve set up their base somewhere in the dense forested areas around Yamanashi, rendering them basically untraceable. Renma Tanaka is the third successor to this cult, and the one who has successfully recruited the most members, according to an undercover Hopes Peak scout.
- Awesome McCoolname: Her first name means "Lotus Demon". This is contrasted with her relatively bland and common last name.
- Badass Baritone: Her voice is described as abnormally deep.
- Black Magic: Her entire cult is seems to be devoted to this, and she practises rituals on her own time.
- Blinding Bangs: Her bangs cover her eyes completely. It turns out, once Jin gets a good look at her eyes, that these aren't much of a handicap- she's heavily vision-impaired already.
- Blue and Orange Morality: She thinks everything that will aid her cult is good, and anything that detracts from it is bad. This leads her to believe that human sacrifices "don't count" as murder.
- Chuunibyou: She truly believes herself to be a Dark Goddess.
- Cloud Cuckoolander: See above.
- Crush Blush: Around Hana.
- Gibberish of Love: When Hana starts calling her "dear", Remna repeats to herself until it becomes a sort of chant.
- Human Sacrifice: Claims to have done this.
- Lethal Chef: Renma cannot cook at all.
- Non-Standard Character Design: Renma has noticeably large eyes (when they're not hidden by her fringe), and long, gangly limbs.
- Religion of Evil: Her cult. Unfortunately, Renma seems to consider these views as "normal", due to her being raised around them.
- Sympathetic Murderer: She's killed people for human sacrifices before, but nobody really calls her out on it. Considering the environment she was raised in, and her Blue and Orange Morality, it's easy to view these killings as sympathetic.
- Transgender: Renma reveals herself to be a trans woman in Chapter 2.
Super High School Level Lucky StudentMinon Yoshihama is the first student to be accepted into Hopes Peak under their new Lucky Student study. She was specifically selected by the school to study her abnormal luck, which appears to be almost supernatural in nature. Minon made headlines around Japan as a several-time lottery winner, and again as a medical mystery that still survives despite all signs saying that her body should not still be able to function. Despite her immense wealth, for some unknown reason she insists on dressing in tattered clothes found from bargain bin stores.
- Blessed with Suck: Her luck was actually given to her in the form of a blessing- but whenever she uses it selfishly, a part of her body literally decays.
- Cloud Cuckoolander: Minon seems to live with her head in the clouds, believing completely in her luck.
- Cuckoo Snarker: Despite this, she's quite the snarker at times.
- Eerie Pale-Skinned Brunette: Her hair is a tangled brown mess, and her skin is bone grey. Because of her sickliness, she's quite an eerie figure.
- Forgetful Jones: Minon forgets a lot of things, including her own talent in her introduction. It's unknown how much of this is sarcasm and how much is genuine, however- especially since her brain seems to be rotting away inside of her.
Super High School Level ChefHana is the head chef of the world-famous restaurant Fukanōna, located in the Omotesando district of Tokyo. The restaurant prides itself on achieving what is thought to be impossible, and boasts the ability to foster emotions through food. Instead of a standard menu, the clientele describe the feeling they want to experience through their food, and the kitchen staff creates a meal custom-tailored for said experience. Hana is revered amongst both her staff and the wider culinary world for inventing this concept, and for her remarkable organisational and leadership skills in the kitchen in order to make it a reality.
- Black Bead Eyes: As a more traditional Gonk, she has these.
- Country Mouse: Subverted. She's seems like a real country bumpkin who's suddenly been admitted to the most prestigious academy in the world- but she's actually a city girl who's almost always been in the spotlight.
- Gonk: Her design is actually quite pretty, but in the context of the other characters, she's definitely unusual. A few characters have commented on her being "ugly".
- Non-Standard Character Design: She's extremely short, with odd facial features and disproportionate limbs.
- Repetitive Name: Hana Hanamura.
- Team Chef: As her talent would suggest.
- Team Mom: She's the most motherly character out of the group, and seems happy to take on this role.
Super High School Level War PhotographerHitomiko, known only by her last name Inazuma in the art field, is a notable war photographer who has documented the atrocities of the Gulf War, and has even staged reenactments of ancient Japanese battles in order to take photographs of what they (potentially) could have looked like. Her photos are praised for how raw and intimate they feel, letting you really emphasise with the victims of these tragedies in a way that doesnt glorify any militant power. Its said that, despite her photos technically being illegal, the work of Inazuma has become one of the most powerful forces amongst anti-war advocates.
- Camera Fiend: As her talent implies.
- Dark-Skinned Redhead: She's described as having tanned skin and bright red hair.
- Nightmare Fetishist: What her talent revolves around. She's a fan of gore and other gruesome events, so she takes photographs of them- including war zones, crime scenes, and her fellow student's corpses.
Super High School Level LifeguardIsana made headlines for saving the life of a three year old boy from a dangerous riptide. Ever since, shes received numerous lifeguard awards and the praise from her town for her services. Shes been nicknamed the Angel of Otaru by the community, and regularly gives speeches to schools about how to properly swim and save someone elses life with CPR. Despite being such a beloved community figure, Isana seems to put on a bit of a mask around other people, hiding a secret ambition few know about
- Black and Nerdy: She's Afro-Japanese, and a huge fan of history and anthropology.
- Genki Girl: She's over enthusiastic about almost everything. This may be due to her sugar addiction.
- Like Is, Like, a Comma: Her dialogue, like, overuses 'like' to, like, an extreme.
- Sweet Tooth: Her favourite food is sherbet sticks, and she eats them often- to the point of sugar comas.
- Valley Girl: Subverted. She deliberately puts on this persona so that people won't bully her for being smart.
Super High School Level JewelerRuka is the head manager of The Jewel Tree, a small shop containing an impressive set of wares. Their stock ranges from common quartz to diamonds, all of which have been processed entirely by Ruka herself. Shes worked hard to create both the gemstones on their own and the jewellery they come together to form. Whats most notable about the jewels she sells is that none of them have any imperfections- theyre equally sized, shaped, and have no pockmarks or other damage. Despite The Jewel Tree being a relatively new shop, its quickly been gaining in popularity, and has provided engagement rings to some VERY influential customers
- Absurdly Youthful Mother: She already has a baby. And she's only eighteen.
- Childhood Friends: With Takaaki. They apparently went to the same middle school.
- Every Proper Lady Should Curtsy: One of her sprites has her do this.
- Delinquent Hair: Slightly. Her bun is done up in a style that imitates a small pompadour.
- Hair Decorations: She sports a striped purple headband.
- Knuckle Cracking: One of her sprites has her do this.
- Mood-Swinger: Shown most prominently in her introduction.
- Theme Twin Naming: Daiya and Mondo. Ruka is a jeweler.
- The Perfectionist: Ruka won't accept anything but perfection in her talent. She aims to be a "perfect princess", but her foul-mannered personality is holding her back.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Interestingly enough, Ruka embodies both of these tropes. She flips through them quite rapidly.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With Takaaki.