The Protagonist.Different from the traditional Dangangronpa Protagonist, she purposefully suppresses her emotions and acts cold and indifferent to the things around her. She's sarcastic, easily startled, and very intelligent. Whether she lives or dies hasn't been discovered yet.
- Abusive Parents: Her dad died shortly after she was born, her mom copes with her anger and sadness by having extremely high expectations for her. As a kid, her only friends were a group of girls who hung out by the playground.
- Aloof Dark-Haired Girl: She purposefully suppresses her emotions and has black hair. Mildly subverted, as she's only 5'3".
- Beneath the Mask: Presents an apathetic and sarcastic personality to hide her issues with herself.
- Idiot Hair: She's a Danganronpa protagonist. Even if it's a fan work, what did you expect?
- The Protagonist: Yeah.
- Raven Hair, Ivory Skin: She's very pale and has black hair.
- Sour Outside, Sad Inside: She's generally fairly sarcastic and a bit rude to people around her, but since we get to see her thoughts, we know that she actually has self-love issues and believes herself to be a horrible person.
An enthusiastic girl who's kindness and motherly attitude have gotten her a sort of "Team Mom" title in her class. She's a companion to Natsuka as soon as she walks out of her door. Her spot as team leader isn't exactly deserved, as her poor leadership skills lead to her being the first blackened who killed Kuukiko Kawakami. During that trial, she takes up the role as protagonist for a little bit since Natsuka won't accuse her.
- Beware the Nice Ones: One of the nicest students. The first killer.
- Big Beautiful Woman: Downplayed. Natsuka describes her as "the type of curvy that's almost chubby but isn't quite there yet." She's generally considered attractive.
- Deuteragonist: Follows Natsuka around and gives her info on the other Ultimate Students. Until she dies in chapter 1.
- Nice Girl: She's kind and empathetic due to being a bartender.
- Sympathetic Murderer: Kills Kuukiko. Doesn't want to do that.]]
- Team Mom: Her main trait. Turns out, she probably shouldn't try to be this.
Myterious and mischievous, his serious talent doesn't befit his entirely unserious personality. He always seems mildly amused and loves causing a reaction in people. He freely states that he might murder someone in the killing game. Kuukiko is the first victim after being thrown into a table full of acid-filled bottles by Emizu Hoshino.
- Alliterative Name: Kuukiko Kawakami.
- Asshole Victim: He's usually a dick to everyone, but he becomes the first victim after attempting to kill Natsuka.
- Chaotic Evil: Does everything for himself and loves causing reactions in people.
- Expy: Clearly based off Kokichi Oma from the main Dangan Ronpa series. The author has lampshaded this.
- Hate Sink: By far the easiest character to hate in the entire cast.
- Red Herring: His similarities to Kokichi are intentional, since Kuukiko is the first victim.]]
- Shorter Means Smarter: He's only 5 feet tall and seems very clever. Inverted by the fact that he's a giant idiot.
- Signature Laugh: "Hihi~!" Which is clearly based off of Kokichi Oma's "Nishishi~!"
- Straight Gay: Blatantly says he's gay without many effeminate traits aside from his color scheme.
- Suicidal Overconfidence: The entire reason he got killed was because he used a terrible murder plan and didn't think ahead at all.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: It's pink and shaped like horns. Why? No one knows.
Ultimate Cat Trainer.
Chishiko Kamii is usually smiling. She's bouncy and full of energy, but her nasty insults and quick wits don't fit her at first glance. She's known for training a group of cats to administer temporary medical attention while paramedics arrive on the scene. She interferes with the crime scene during chapter 1, but isn't the blackened. Whether she lives or dies hasn't been discovered yet.
- Beneath the Mask: It's a bit obvious that she's not legitimately that happy all the time.
- Cloudcuckoolander: She appears to be this until you realize she's extremely observant and sharp-tongued.
- Crazy Cat Lady: She's definitely a shade of this. She's only in her teens, but she generally doesn't like most people, and considers the word "dog" an insult.
- Cuckoosnarker: Closer to what she's ACTUALLY like.
- Expy: Her appearance is very similar to Star from Star vs. the Forces of Evil, being blonde-haired, blue-eyed, and wearing plastic devil horn headbands.
- Face of an Angel, Mind of a Demon: Hella.
- Genki Girl: She's almost always happy and smiling. When she isn't, she's extremely serious, which is rare.
- Girlish Pigtails: Adds to her "I look 12" look.
- Jerkass: She barely holds back when it comes to insults. At all. She can call people "Piece of shit she-dog bitch" while still smiling and being happy. Her two biggest targets are Ota and Miyako, never referring to Ota by his name (she calls him "Tubby"), and simply insulting Miyako at a way greater frequency than the other classmates.
- Meaningful Name:
- Her name means "Lethal Child." Yes. That is actually her name.
- A lesser example, but her name, Chishiko Kamii gives her the initials "C.K." Sound familiar?
- Older Than They Look: Could easily be mistaken for a 12-year-old girl, but she's around the same age as everyone else.
- Petite Pride: A bit too much. Considers tall and/or chubby people to be ugly and insults them a lot, but she insults everyone so much that it's not the most noticeable thing in the world.
- Stepford Smiler: Definitely a type of this. Almost always smiling.
- Straight Gay: She's a lesbian and doesn't have much that would give that away at first glance.
- Tiny Tyrannical Girl: 4'11" and a giant dickhead.
- You Are Fat: Does a lot of these to Ota.
Ultimate Fashion Designer.
Someone who's generally known as a disagreeable person. He doesn't hold back his speech, and he's very judgemental and calm. His voice is constantly monotone and he rarely ever raises it.Rouki becomes the 2nd blackened after manipulating Ota Oguro into becoming an accomplice to the murder of the traitor, Atsukenna Mizuno.
- Berserk Button: Implying that anything he does is for "love".
- Camp Gay: Downplayed. He's a fashion designer who uses terminology like "Twunk" and "Bear", but he's not actually too feminine.
- Chubby Chaser: His likes are listed as "Bears. (Yes, that kind.)"
- Domestic Abuse: In chapter 2, Rouki manipulates Ota into a romantic relationship to get what he wants from him. After the motive is announced, he tricks Ota into being the accomplice to the murder of Atsukenna Mizuno, who he believed was the traitor. He's not wrong, there's just two more traitors.
- Fashion Designer: Literally his talent.
Miyako is extravagant and goth. She was scouted by Hope's Peak because of her mastery when it comes to controlling puppets, giving each of them their own body language and mannerisms. She and Chishiko have an antagonistic relationship for no apparent reason. Whether she lives or dies hasn't been discovered yet.
LOUD AND REBELLIOUS!! The ultimate Gardener hates her talent because she feels like she hasn't earned it. Atsukenna is loud and extremely herself. She can be a very protective friend, even if she's kind of rude sometimes. Atsukenna becomes the 2nd victim after Rouki Hasagawa learns that she's one of the traitors and bashes her head in.
Ultimate BakerA short, quiet guy who dresses more like he's in a biker gang than like he bakes sweets for a living. He has a lot of insecurity surrounding his talent and doesn't seem very present in the group. The only thing known about his death is that he's a third victim, as the investigation isn't out yet.
Ultimate Matchmaker.A fandom-savvy boy who's actually pretty smart. He doesn't know when to be serious and not, and uses memes (usually from the west) to distance himself from the reality of the killing game.
- Fan Boy: Resident Fandom kid.
- Foil: To Kiyoshi. Kiyoshi is serious, level-headed and a Jerkass. Ren is a Nice Guy who doesn't know when to be serious and when not to, he often has trouble controlling his emotions while Kiyoshi doesn't care enough to worry about them. They also look similar appearance-wise.
- Genre Savvy: As the resident fandom kid, he knows a lot about murder mystery games and visual novels.
- Meaningful Name: Ren can mean "Love" or "Romance", and he's a Matchmaker.
- Megane: Pretty attractive and has glasses.
- Nice Guy: Pretty good.
- Shipper on Deck: Basically his entire talent.
The hypermasculine and honorable weightlifter. He has an obvious complex about masculinity and responsibility. Generally a nice guy, but his anger issues get to him a lot. He's the accomplice to the second murder, as Rouki manipulated him. Whether he lives or dies is currently unknown.
- Animal Motifs: Of a sort. Ota's associated with Ogres, Miyako even calls him "The Ogre."
- Ambiguously Brown: Averted. He's Japanese, but his dad is afro-Japanese, while his mom is a black woman, yes, from America.
- Armored Closet Gay: Downplayed. He has some internalized homophobia, but he's generally pretty fine with it.
- Big Beautiful Man: He's pretty handsome facial feature wise, minus the weird teeth, and he's got the belly to fit the trope.
- Big Eater:
- Brains Evil, Brawn Good: Ota is generally kind of an idiot, and Rouki is much smarter than him. Ota is portrayed as a fairly good person, while Rouki is a terrible and abusive person.
- Dark-Skinned Blond: Averted, it's dyed.
- Gentle Giant: Despite his slip-ups, he really doesn't want to hurt anyone and wants to be a good person.
- Meaningful Name: The kanji in his name means "Manly" or "Hero" and "Big" or "Thick".
- Stout Strength: He is the Ultimate Weightlifter.
- Weight Woe: Body image issues are definitely prevalent.
- World's Strongest Man: Kind of, he's the world's strongest teenager. He's still stronger than most adult men.
Yui is constantly tired and apathetic. She seems cutesy and adorable, but she's not really the best person. During chapter 2, she attempts to kill Atsukenna and is tied up for most of the chapter. Whether she lives or dies is currently unknown.
- Ambiguous Disorder: Possibly narcoleptic.
- Autism: Despite that, she's canonically on the autism spectrum.
- Bare Your Midriff: Wears a weird frilly blue strap that shows her belly button.
- Girlish Pigtails: Very fluffy and brown pigtails held by spiked balls.
- Mega Twintails: They're... very big.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: She has red eyes and attempts to kill someone.
Ultimate Knitter.Kiyoshi is always serious and methodical, he really hates it when people don't take situations seriously and looks down on people who do. It's currently unknown whether he lives or dies.
- Foil: To Ren. Kiyoshi is serious, level-headed and a Jerkass. Ren is a Nice Guy who doesn't know when to be serious and when not to, he often has trouble controlling his emotions while Kiyoshi doesn't care enough to worry about them. They also look similar appearance-wise.
- Jerkass: Yeah. He's insulting, snooty, smart, and cold.
Ultimate OccultistAiko is a weird girl. She acts like a generic popular High School girl, but she's an Occultist, someone who deals with the occult and performs sacrifices and spells and all that. She has a manipulative personality and a complex about femininity. The only thing known about her death is that she's a third victim, as the investigation isn't out yet.
- Ambiguously Brown: Her race isn't known, she's just generically not white.
- Dark-Skinned Blond: Her skin tone is pretty dark [a little lighter than Ota's] but she still has golden blonde hair.
- Lovable Alpha Bitch: She's a popular and manipulative blonde girl, but she cares about her friends even if she's kind of a dick sometimes.