- Brains and Brawn: Gayus is the brain, while Gigina is the brawn.
- The Dragonslayer: They became famous across Eridana for killing a black dragon.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: Ironically, Gayus actually has a girlfriend.
- Perpetual Poverty: Due to their boss and Gigina's obsession with unusual furniture they are broke most of the time.
- Snark-to-Snark Combat: Most of the talks between the two are this or Volleying Insults.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: They regularly squabble, insult, and belittle one another Like an Old Married Couple, yet when the chips are down they always have each other's back.
The brains of the duo, having become a jushiikist after the death of his younger sister.
- Badass Bookworm: Studious and well-versed in battle.
- Can't Hold His Liquor: Doesn't have a very high alcohol tolerance, that's for certain.
- Cynicism Catalyst: Zig-Zagged. The death of his younger sister hit him hard, but he is far from the Despair Event Horizon.
- Hollywood Atheist: When he talks to Molden, he lists his sister's death as an argument against the idea of a merciful deity existing, complete with the usual dichotomy that God either doesn't exist or simply doesn't care.
- Interrupted Intimacy: With his girlfriend Jivunya in episode 2 due to receiving a call from work and again in episode 6.
- Megane: Fittingly for the thinker of the duo.
- Official Couple: With Jivunya.
- Red Is Heroic: Has red hair and is one the heroes of the story.
- Shirtless Scene: During the above Interrupted Intimacy.
- The Smart Guy: While Gigina is more reckless rather than dumb, Gayus is definitively the one who relies more on his brain.
- Specs of Awesome: His glasses actually have analytic utility.
A jushiikist Proud Warrior Race Guy who has a great sense of honor, but dreadfully handles cash.
- Bare Your Midriff: His combat attire makes him a Rare Male Example.
- BFS: Which justifies his Heroic Build.
- Biseinen: His partner more-or-less calls him beautiful.
- Blood Knight: Justified by his upbringing.
- Chick Magnet: He has lovers all across town, and in episode 8 he's seen with a bed full of women.
- Drives Like Crazy: The one time he drove a car, he crashed into a table with fruit.
- Facial Markings: The blue mark over his right eye.
- Genius Bruiser: It turns out that he can be very sharp when he wants to.
- Heroic Albino: While not necessarily the nicest person around, he is anything but evil.
- Heroic Build: Being a physically oriented fighter using a BFS, this is Justified.
- Mr. Fanservice: Gigina is a young, attractive man with a muscular build and doesn't wear much clothing.
- No Shirt, Long Jacket: Downplayed a bit by Bare Your Midriff, but the effect is the same.
- Overly Long Name: Just try to read it aloud.
- Proud Warrior Race Guy: He hails from the Drake culture whose primary values are glory and honor in battle.
- Running Gag: His interest in expensive exotic furniture which causes financial troubles for the duo.Gigina: Cabinets store limitless potential.
- Serious Business: His comical obsession with furniture, including even the most impractical products of carpentry imaginable. Such as a man-eating chair. And then there is this gem.
- Sleeves Are for Wimps: His muscular arms and shoulders are usually exposed◊.
- Smarter Than You Look: He may look and act brutish but he's actually quite smart and even cultured.
Gayus's girlfriend and a half-human half-elf.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Most of the time she's sweet and understanding, but she's certainly not afraid to force Gayus and Gigina to apologize to each other.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: Blonde haired, and is very nice and understanding.
- Miss Fanservice: Provides some in episode 6.
- Pointy Ears: Which identify her as a half-human.
A journalist photographer and acquaintance of Gayus and Gigina.
A female dragon who seeks vengeance against the protagonists for slaying her mate prior to the start of the story.
- Berserk Button: She is utterly exasperated when her mate's killers can't even remember his name.
- Contralto of Danger: She speaks with one of these in the anime, and she's the most dangerous female seen at the start of the story.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Easily wins her battle against the Liwe brothers.
- Dark Action Girl: A female antagonist with formidable combat ability.
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: Deeply loved her deceased mate.
- Gravity Master: Quite proficient at controlling gravity.
- Our Dragons Are Different: She's a likely millennium-old dragon whose abilities include shape-shifting and gravity manipulation.
- Mêlée à Trois: She joins the fight between Gigina, Gayus and the Liwe Raqi siblings.
A cardinal of the church.
- Anti-Villain: Does many morally ambiguous things, but his motivations and the fact that most of his enemies are no saints themselves puts him in this territory.
- The Chessmaster: Cements himself as this when he arranges for assassins to try and kill him in order to expose a traitor in his ranks. He also uses the opportunity to discredit the Dragon Empire and get rid of the traitor without issue and even goes as far as to hire the Liwe brothers and use Gigina and Gayus as bait in order to attract Nidvolk.
- Evil Overlooker: On the anime poster. The extent of the 'evil' part is debatable though.
- Foil: To Gayus. They are both bespectacled intelligent men. However, Molden is an elderly, highly religious man who uses whatever means necessary to achieve his goals, while Gayus is a much younger Hollywood Atheist who ultimately has far less authority in society and generally seems to lack interest in politics.
- Scary Shiny Glasses: Possibly meant to be in contrast to Gayus.
- Sinister Minister: Zig-Zagged. He is an antagonist who happens to be a major religious authority. Unlike most examples, his antagonism is stems from Realpolitik rather than any hypocritical hedonism.
- The Unfettered: Molden is anything but picky about his methods.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: Molden is willing to go the incredible lengths if it means preventing a war between the Alliance of the Seven Cities and the Dragon Empire.