Character sheet of Danball Senki / LBX: Little Battlers Experience. The Japanese names are in Last Name First Name order. Localized names for LBX are in parentheses.
Yamano Ban (JP) / Van Yamano (EG)
- LBX (original game): AX-00 / Achilles / OdinLBX (sequels): Elysion (Elysian) / Sigma Orbis / Ikaros Zero / Olegion / Odin Mk. IIVoiced by Megumi Kubota (Japanese), Sarah Hauser (English, Animax), and Cole Hanson (English, Dentsu Entertainment)
The protagonist. He is a talented LBX player but is forbidden by his mother to own one. That is until the day a mysterious woman gives him the Core Skeleton AX-00.
- Big Eater: Ban...surprisingly eats a lot of food though its most present in Ws anime and the manga.
- Blade on a Stick: Lances are his LBX weapon of choice.
- Double Weapon: His Odin and Odin Mk. II are equipped with this.
- Cheerful Child: Even before Ban grew up, he was a upbeat happy child. Though his father's disappearance hit him for a while.
- Curtains Match the Window: His eyes and hair are both brown and he wear colors connected with brown occasionally.
- The Chosen One: Ban was chosen in both the original series and W to be part of saving the world with the chosen LBX.
- Determinator: Ban never gives up on his goals, whether to save his father, win the tournaments, or stop the Innovators.
- Deuteragonist: In W to Hiros protagonist.
- Finishing Move: His Hissatsu Functions and Special Attack Routines are
- Lightning Lance (Thunderstorm Thrust): Achilles and Odin First the LBX shines with its hand in a bluish tint, then the hand rotates and raises the lance weapon with the energy charged, and hurls the discharged electrical energy at the opponent.
- Chou Plasma Burst (Vorpal Vortex): Achilles and Odin A lance-type finishing attack function where the user LBX rotates its hands together with its lance. Then it brings its arm up, and a orange colored energy bursts out creating a spiral pattern ball of energy. Then the user LBX jumps into the air and dive to the opponent LBX.
- Gungnir (Gungnir Strike): Odin (LBX mode)/Odin Mk. II (Crossover movie only) The user focuses and concentrate energy to itself and fly upwards, then surrounds it's lance with flame-like cone of drill energy and hurl it towards the enemy, dealing fatal damage to those who are weak.
- Jet Striker (Asgard Airstrike): Odin (Fighter mode) the transformable LBX charges up its entire body with energy for the attack while taking a large step back. While in mid-air, it transforms into flight mode charging straight towards the opponent LBX, evading any obstacle in its target path.
- Holy Lance (Divine Lance): Elysion and Ikaros Zero The LBX gathers energy particles of light to the tip of the lance. Then, it high-jumps as if ascending towards the heavens, spreading out after-effect angelic wings. The energy gathered at the lance's tip is fully charged, letting out a shining "grand-cross" star-marker. After a clockwise staff-twist, the user hurls the lance in front of the star-marker, dealing damage to multiple opponent LBX in target range.
- Sigma Drive Sword (Sigma Surge): Sigma Orbis Sigma Orbis creates a sword of the combined energies of the fused LBX.
- Meteor Breaker: Ikaros Zero (with Hiro's Ikaros Force) The power of the two LBX results in a single slash enough to desecrate meteors
- Glorious Ray: Ikaros Zero (Crossover movie only) and Odin Mk. II
- Double Ray Wing: Odin Mk. II (with Hiro's Achilles D9)
- For Great Justice: He won't forgive anyone who uses LBX to hurt other people.
- Guile Hero: Despite his idiotic tendencies in the manga, Ban is usually sane, mature, and wise for his age and focuses on strategy as well as power.
- The Hero: Ban/Van is the protagonist of the first two series though in W hes a Co-Protagonist with Hiro.
- Heroic BSoD: When Yuusuke dies. His mother and Jin snap him out it.
- I Am Not Left-Handed: A few episodes has the AX-00 breaking out kung fu moves when disarmed. It's help Van in first fight in the series, his training with Ken, and the first round of C Block in Artemis.
- Invincible Hero: Save for a few close calls in the original, and Asuka in W Ban has never lost a battle in the series and against more powerful opponents his battles usually end up in a draw.
- Lightning Bruiser: His LBX have more durability than the average ones: strong just as Brawler frames, fast as Strider frames, defensive like Tank frames, and all his LBX just gets faster and stronger with better shields as the series progress.
- Locked Out of the Loop: His mother knows that his father is alive the whole time. In W, his dad never let him in on Detector's secret until midway through the season.
- Luckily, My Shield Will Protect Me: All of his LBX have strong shields.
- Meaningful Name: The first time Achilles needs to be bailed out by Jin with the Emperor involved a leg injury. This also happened in the match between Team Yamano and Team Morigami.
- The Mentor: As part of his maturity, he becomes this to Hiro in W. This also extends outside of LBX as he tries to guide Hiro to become a better and stronger person.
- Older and Wiser: In W hes grown older and smarter. Because of this, he sometimes acts as a friendly mentor to the new members of the team.
- Only Sane Man: While Kazu is usually this, Ban usually shows shades of this. The best example would be in the Akibahara tournament when he has to deal with Hanzou and Daiki continuing to butt heads throughout the tournament.
- Rookie Red Ranger: Because his mother initially banned him from even owning an LBX, he starts the series without much experience in battles outside of the Kitajima store. Despite that, he has potential that shines once he gets Achilles.
- Super Mode: After V Mode was unlocked for Van, his LBX gained more unlocked Specials Modes for him to use
- Advanced V Mode: Achilles
- Extreme Mode: Odin
- Knight Mode: Elysion
- WX (Double Extreme) Mode: Odin Mk. II
- Transforming Mecha: The Odin, O-Legion and Odin Mk. II can transform into the plane-like Flight Mode.
- What the Hell, Hero?: Calls his dad out for creating the Detector identity when they promised before that LBX would be used for good after the original series in #W.
- The Worf Effect: While he didnt lose the match thanks to Jins unexpected save, his losing battle against Daiki showed that he just cant rely on Achilles natural power or Attack Functions to win.
Aoshima Kazuya (JP) / Kaz Walker (EG)
- LBX (original game): custom Warrior (Trooper) / Hunter / FenrirLBX (sequels): Achilles Deed (Achilles Fiend)Voiced by Daisuke Namikawa, and Brett Bauer (English, Dentsu Entertainment)
Bans best friend, going to the same school but in a different class. He comes off as a bit rough around the edges, but hes really a good guy and shows courage when his friends need his help. His proficiency is using LBX with long range and two handed guns.
- Adaptational Angst Upgrade: His cynicism is more present in the anime, most notably during the Electronica arc where Can't Catch Up starts to apply and he nearly breaks down during the Perfect ZX and Hades battles while he sweat it off in the video game. Its a bit more justified in the anime, which eventually stops once Professor Yamanos helps Kaz reach the next level in a really big way.
- Adrenaline Makeover: after The Bus Came Back in W.
- Animal Motifs: His LBX are the wolf-like Hunter and Fenrir.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: In the original game and first anime, happened to Kazu by the Three Moes through LBX Egypt.
- Ironically in W, he was going to be subjected to this by Detector, but his collar malfunctioned, after getting kidnapped and Professor Yamano revealed the truth, making him the prime user for Achilles Deed and his Number Two
- Can't Catch Up: Once Hunter starts failing in battles with Pandora and Odin, Kazu starts feeling unable to help the others out. Eventually averted once he gets Fenrir
- Color-Coded Eyes: His grey eyes represent his strong will whenever hes motivated though hes not cold or unapproachable except when depressed.
- Crippling Overspecialization: Being a sniper means his LBX is more vulnerable to close-up attacks than others.
- The Cynic: It isn't extreme but he's the most cautious and is usually the one who voices doubts about his team's plan.
- Distressed Dude: In W
- Finishing Move: His Hissatsu Functions and Special Attack Routines are
- Stinger Missile (Stinger Salvo): Hunter fires multiple missile from his back to aim at his target and boosts the Chance Gauge depending on how many missiles it.
- Hawkeye Drive (Horroscope): Fenrir fires three high powerful shots at the opponent.
- Black Storm: Achilles Deed Creates a gigantic sphere of energy condensed into the gun, then fires it at the opponent in a form of a deadly storm that viciously harms all nearby LBX.
- Friendly Sniper: All of LBX use rifle and/or gun styles but Kaz is a nice guy and best friend to Ban and Amy.
- Glass Cannon: Hunter and Fenrir are both powerful Wild types and are Long-Range Fighter LBX that racks up damage easily, has a fast Chance Gauge, and moves very quickly, but unless Hunter is equipped with a melee weapon or has a shield, it's at a big risk up close and has low defenses especially using his custom rifle with a scope feature since while it's shooting, it cant move.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Has lost his LBX in battles more than anyone else partly because of this.
- Heroic BSoD: After losing his first LBX in the battle with Hanz and when he Can't Catch Up during the Electronica saga.
- The Lancer: Hes Vans best friend, the cynical and skeptical to Vans optimistic and idealistic nature, Long Range sniper LBX battler to Vans knight framed short ranged fighter, while always being there to support and back up Van no matter what.
- Lightning Bruiser: Achilles Deed. In contrast to Hunter and Fenrir and most W LBX, Deed is not only fast but extremely mobile thanks to its flight capabilities, highly powerful, and his defenses are strong enough to block Gungnir Strike with little damage.
- Master of None: Kazs original Trooper was this. It's a common LBX usually used for beginners, though Kazs customizations lean to more Jack-of-All-Stats
- Mid-Season Upgrade: Hunter and Fenrir. Kazu is only one of two characters that get 2 upgrades in the first series/game.
- Nice Guy: While hes a bit worried about dangerous situations, hes a good friend and always there to help Van and Amy.
- Only Sane Man: Hes one of the most sane characters in the series, often questioning situations that seem way to farfetched to happen in normal everyday lives, asking Reality Ensues questions, and remains skeptical of former enemies such as Justin and Yagami
- Put on a Bus: Gets kidnapped in W
- The Bus Came Back: Rejoins the group as of Episode 30.
- The Reveal: Hes the operator of Achilles DEED. When he was kidnapped, it turned out his slave collar malfunctioned afterwards, found Detectors true identity and motives, and worked with him as his Number Two to expose the International LBX Federation (Omega Dain) crimes.
- Sniper Duel: Usually happens when hes fighting LBX with sniper rifles or a Long-Range Fighter. The best case would be his battle with Jackal.
- Slasher Smile: Sported these while being brainwashed by Egypt/Pharaoh.
- Super Mode: Achilles Deed's Demonic Mode
- Took a Level in Badass:
- After he got Hunter and later Fenrir, his confidence and skills improved greatly to the point where he defeated at least one opponent during Artemis, and in the case of the finals of Block C, took down two of of three members of Team Morigami.
- When he came back in W, lets just say his skills, attitude, abilities, muscles, and LBX have greatly improved from the first series.
- The Worf Effect: Double Subverted Seems like once he gets a new lbx, it gets destroyed within a few battles. However.
- He and Warrior managed to save Van and Amy from the Devas, but then he performed a Heroic Sacrifice to save Achilles from being destroyed.
- Hunter was a victim of The Worf Effect to Justin, who was proving why hes the Sudden Death Emperor to everyone but Van in the Catacombs but still made it to the semi finals over Amy.
- Also, in Artemis C Block Finals, he had the worst showing against Team Morigami in the beginning of the match but then was able to take down two/thirds of the team and injure Keitas Trooper before the latter used Trident Thrust to defeat Pandora and Hunter.
- After Van and Amy got Odin and Pandora, his attacks were barely scratching [Perfect ZX3] until he got a clean shot . which did nothing, so he sacrificed himself to protect them from Mega Thunder Cross. However, turns out Hunters shot managed to damage the movement system, allowing the others to defeat Otaku.
- Then he was completely outclasses against Hades, until Professor Yamano turned out to have sent Hunters evolution program and had faith Kazu would be the one to help Van reach the Infinity Engine and once the evolution kicks in, Fenrir helps turn the entire battle around.
- In Team Van vs Team Justin in Elektronica Kingdom, Fenrir was the only holding down Destroyer Z and Odin until they trapped him even though Van caught all three members to use Gungnir Strike.
- A proper worfing happened where he lost alongside Hanz, Daiki, and Amy against Kurtis. Which was mostly offscreen.
- The last time was the beginning of W where Fenrir was destroyed and Kazu was kidnapped. For a while.
- Dished out this to Asuka in episode 30 to show how more powerful Achilles Deed is
Kawamura Ami (JP) / Amy Cohen (EG)
- LBX (original game): custom Kunoichi / PandoraLBX (sequels): Dark Pandora
Bans classmate. Shes a top student, liked by both classmates and teachers. Her preferred battle style relies on speed, so she uses Strider frames.
- Action Girl: Shes a tough and strong LBX player, and a major strategist at the game.
- Badass Bookworm: Not only is she one of the best female LBX battlers in the series, shes arguably one of the smartest in terms of science, LBX, mysteries, and she's in middle school.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: She was kidnapped and made into a Slave Player in W.
- Curtains Match the Window: Her eyes have a hint of lavender like her hair.
- Distressed Damsel: In W
- Finishing Move: Her Her Hissatsu Functions and Special Attack Rountines are:
- Tsumujikaze (Swift As Wind): Kunoichi slashes the target several times with its Kodachi before finishing with a bigger uppercut slash
- Souken Rangeki: Pandora and Dark Pandora Charging blue energy into its fists, the LBX jumps towards the opponent and fires off a barrage of blue energy spheres from its weapons.
- Fragile Speedster: Her LBX sacrifice power and armor for speed and agility.
- Nice Girl: Unless you are one of her unwanted admirers.
- Ninja: The theme of her LBX.
- Plucky Girl: Amys more optimistic, positive, and never gives up to do the right thing. After shes freed from brainwashing and recovers, she immediately heads back to help the Seekers and NICS in W.
- Put on a Bus: Gets kidnapped and is put out of action after she was rescued in W
- The Bus Came Back: Back in action as of Episode 28.
- The Strategist: All main characters are capable in strategy but she is the one who is usually shown making plans for her teams.
- Tragic Keepsake: She gets Uzaki Yusuke's white Pandora halfway through the first game, and it becomes this once he dies.
- You Gotta Have Purple Hair
Ishimori Rina (JP) / Rina Richardson (EG)
- LBX (sequels): Hornet / Grey MaidVoiced by: Yuka Hirose, Cheryl McMaster (English, Dentsu Entertainment)
A mysterious woman who shows up to give Van the AX-OO prototype and a briefcase, with the Platinum Capsule? Who is she and what is her connection to Professor Yamano.
- Action Girl: She went into the Innovators base to get revenge against Yoshimitsu for her sisters stake with a gun. Had that been the real Kaidou, odds are she couldve killed him too.
- Cool Big Sis: Despite her issues and mole status for a while, shes nothing but kind and helpful to the kids and her sis, especially Amy.
- Distressed Damsel: A little after her attempt to assassinate Kaidou Yoshimitsu for her sister's sake.
- Easily Forgiven: Thankfully she rejoins the Seekers and rejoins Tiny Orbit.
- HeelFace Revolving Door: She started off as Professor Yamanos assistant, joined the Innovators helping Yamano until both found the truth, escaped with AX-00 to give it to Ban and rejoined the Seekers, then became The Mole during the Rescue the Professor arc when Kaidou blackmailed her for her sisters safety until the professors escape plan force Takuya to make her realize that Kaidou is only using her, becomes a renegade to attempt to kill Kaidou which wouldve worked had Kaidou not been killed and revealed as an android and then resigned to her fate before Yagami saved her. By the end, shes thankfully on the heroes side.
- Hot Scientist: The head of Tiny Orbits Sparkbroad technology and reasonably well looking.
- I Did What I Had to Do: Two examples. The first time, she regrets having to betray the Seekers over saving her sister, especially because Takuya realizes that even if she succeeded, Kaidou wouldnt hold up his end of the bargain. The second time, she was severely shocked after she apparently killed Kaidou Yoshimitsu.
- Meganekko: Wears glasses and usually acts like this, though shes not entirely shy.
- The Mole: For the Innovators for a while, though not at the beginning. Justified since Kaidou is essentially holding her sister hostage through a medical program.
The Black Unit agents (JP) / The Three Moes (EG)
- LBXs: Deqoo / Deqoo Ace and Deqoo Kai
Three agents in odd clown makeup opposing Van and co. but are they really that much of a threat?
- Elite Mook: Their Mid-Season Upgrade Deqoos.
- Even Evil Has Standards: they have limits for what the Innovators are willing to go to, which leads to their HeelFace Turn
- Expressive Mask: Each with their own smiles and face patterns
- Hidden Depths: Brought up all the way in #38.
- Jobber: Theyre not good at LBX compared to most of the cast but they can put up a fight.
- Mission Control: Theyre very efficient in machines, flying planes, and hacking.
- Monster Clown: They wear clown face paint until their HeelFace Turn.
- No Name Given: Also until #38.
- Terrible Trio: Subverted. They're with Yagami Eiji.
- Theme Naming: In English, at least, their names are Eeny, Meany, and Minie. Odds are theyre codenames.
- Undying Loyalty: Too Yagami. Theyre also sympathetic to his cause so when he turns good, so do they.
Uzaki Takuya (JP) / Tyler Osgood (EG)
- LBX (sequels): HornetVoiced by Yūichi Nakamura, Ryan Luhning (English, Dentsu Entertainment)
The leader of the Seekers (Central Intelligence Operation). He serves as ission control and an advisor, but his quest for revenge can blind him at times.
- Authority Equals Asskicking: Leader of the Seekers, & the head of Tiny Orbits R&D Department, plus highly capable in hand-to-hand fighting. He's just not good with the LBX. Eventually he becomes the CEO of Tiny Orbit, and fires all the spies in his senior department easily.
- Mission Control: His primary role, though he can also get his hands dirty when fighting human grunts and Mooks
- Revenge: His motive for fighting the Innovators initially. He grew out of it.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: One of the adults aware of the Innovators, and actively tries to help the protagonists either through field mission and Tiny Orbits help such as the assistance of creating their new LBX.
- Sharp-Dressed Man: Wears suits a lot, though he has other clothes for more hands-on work.
- You Killed My Father: The Innovators were responsible for his father's death.
Hiyama Ren (JP) / Len Hiyama (EG) aka "Lex" (Both)
- LBX: G-Rex / Ifreet (Ifrit)Voiced by Hiroki Tochi, Johnathan Love (English, Dentsu Entertainment)
Lex is a former LBX champion and allied with the Seekers and Hanzou's crew. He worked with Professor Yamano and is antagonistic towards Yoshimitsu Kaidou. When not with the group, his actions are a bit more...secretive than the rest of the Seekers.
- The Ace: He was a former LBX champion in the past, and with Hanzous help, he nearly defeated Jin during their match in Artemis but pulled out for another agenda.
- The Chessmaster: Plans his LBX battles well, and plays both the Innovators and the Seekers in his plot to destroy the world. after his FaceHeel Turn.
- Cool Old Guy: Is a legendary LBX player. Can't get cooler than that.
- Dark and Troubled Past: He lost his family to the Innovators, his dad took the blame for an energy crisis that was Kaidou faults, and his sister eventually rose to become a Big Bad. Plus Kaidou harmed his other friends while trying to save the world. No surprise why we turned evil.
- FaceHeel Turn: After realizing that Kaidou influence and corruption have spread too far, he decides to kill Kaidou, and plot against all factions to start the world anew and avoid humans from believing that they can becoming gods
- Finishing Move:
- Gatling Bullet (Fists Of Fury): G-Rex performs a Rapid-Fire Fisticuffs before ending with a fire axe smash to hit the LBX
- Volsodaas (Brimstone Storm): Efreet. While glowing in a crimson aura, Ifreet charges up its energy, channeling them into its fist. Then Ifreet burst dashes to the opponent, delivering furious charged punches.
- Prominence Raid (Solar Prominence): Ifreet Inferno Mode fires a ton of fireballs and thunderbolts powered by the sun that strike the enemy
- Information Broker: Hes able to get a lot of intel, either through spies, hacking, or using his former resources to be an asset for the Seekers.
- Knight Templar: Wants to destroy the current corrupted world
- Kick the Son of a Bitch: He killed Yoshimitsu in the climax of the first half of the season & in the middle of the games. In the manga, he attempted to kill Kaidou the first time and failed because he wore a bulletproof vest. The second time, he ensured that Saturn would self destruct and with him and Kaidou inside of it.
- Lightning Bruiser: G-Rex and Ifrit are insanely strong and durable, and is faster than its sizes suggests. Its enough to match fellow Lightning Bruiser Emperor M2 on equal grounds.
- Ifrit takes it to a whole another level. Its fast to keep up with Odin in flight mode, which is literally a jet plane. Its strong enough to tank most Hissatsu techniques and can smash through steel infrastructure like its nothing. It also has arguably the highest of durability seen as its needed to be taken down three times in the game and Inferno Mode cranks all three aspects up to eleven.
- Man Behind the Man After his FaceHeel Turn, becomes this to the Innovators, and they don't even have a clue till the end.
- The Mentor: To Ban as the series progress and Gouda before the start of the series.
- Not So Above It All: During his training with Ban in the manga, he ended up having to use the bathroom after he accidentally ate a bad fruit.
- Lex—>Hey even your man Lex can make a mistake.
- Token Evil Teammate: He has morals, but is willing to more darker actions to succeed in his goals as well as an Dark and Troubled Past pushing him towards a dark path. Hence why he turns against the Seekers, trying to save the world through just stopping the bad guys wasnt enough and the world itself needed to be changed.
- Super Mode: Efreet's Inferno Mode that also results in its Superpowered Evil Side
Uzaki Yuusuke (JP) / Damon Osgood (EG)
- LBX: PandoraVoiced by Go Shinomiya, Jesse Gervais (English, Dentsu Entertainment)
- Big Good: Shares this role alongside Otacross. Hes the head of Tiny Orbit and the benefactor to the Seekers on and outside his office. Unfortunately, his death puts a stop to that in #38, after the raid on his house after his sacrifice to save Heiji Kirishima from the Innovators.
- Big Damn Heroes: saves the trio from the Steel Monster and aides Van in controlling V Mode before saving them again during the Innovators attempt to ambush them during the trip to the Innovators
- Character Death: see Heroic Sacrifice
- Cool Old Guy: Director of a prominent LBX maker that produces the main trio's Super Prototype and is able to kick ass with one himself.
- Glass Cannon: Yuusukes Pandora is much stronger and much faster than Strider frames like Kunoichi, but still fragile.
- Heroic Sacrifice saves Heiji from accidentally being killed by the Innovators in place of himself.
- Hidden Heart of Gold: Coldly tells his brother to drop fighting the Innovators but actually helps the Seekers in secret.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: As the board of Tiny Orbit, hes the most rational and sensible of the cast and aides them through LBX technology and helping out in secret. Plus, with the Infinity Engine, he can stop the Innovators backup to create an energy crisis that can destroy the world.
- Stoic Spectacles They cracked when he died.
- The Obi-Wan: A wise and helpful mentor to the trio and just like him, he dies.
- We Used to Be Friends: With Kirishima. The Tiny Orbit board brought Aska Industries and removed Heiji without Yuusukes involvement even though he tried to fight it. As being the creator of the fortified cardboard, Kirishima obviously feels betrayed, which Damon feels obligated to make amends. He even sacrificed himself to save him in the process, which leads to Kirishima joining the Seekers.
Gouda Hanzou (JP) / Hanz Gordon (EG)
- LBX (original game): Hakai-O (Destroyer) / Hakai-O Z (Destroyer Z)LBX (sequels): Hakai-O Dogma (Archfiend Destroyer) / Hakai-O Ouga (Mega-Destroyer)Voiced by Yuki Hayashi, Adrian Petriw (English, Dentsu Enterainment)
- Asskicking Equals Authority: The leader of the Devas, and powerful in both LBX battles & hand to hand fighting.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: in W #28.
- Carry a Big Stick: LBX Hakai-O uses swords.
- Chainsaw Good: LBX Hakai-O Z has a chainsaw sword!.
- Chest Blaster: The Attack Function of his LBX.
- Combat Pragmatist: Hes very aware of his weaknesses, and has strategies to combat those who try to exploit them.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Often dishes this out, even to Kazus LBX in this three on one battle against the trio. However, hes on the receiving end from Daiki in round 1.
- Expy: Of Kamina down to the attitude, Memetic Badass moments, and personality.
- Finishing Move: His Special Attack Rountines and Hissatsu Functions are
- Gaoh Cannon (Breath of Fire): Hakai-O charges its energy in its centre breast cannon, then fires at the opponent with destructive force. Its only demerit is that all functions are temporarily ceased after firing, making it vulnerable towards its opponents.
- Chou Gaoh Cannon (Breath Of Dragons): Hakai-O Z and Hakai-O Dogma Its stronger than the regular Gaoh Cannon, but fires two gigantic bursts of electrical energy and without the function decreasing.
- Good Is Not Nice: As someone in the game pointed out, Hanz isnt really a bad guy, he just goes all out in his LBX battles and loves to battles. Plus, there were people who challenged him. Hes a good guy at heart, and does anything to help his friends.
- Good All Along: Has been working with the Seeekers & Lex since the series began.
- Hot-Blooded: One of the most driven, competitive, and determined characters.
- Heroic Rematch: Finally defeats Daiki in round 2, forcing him to join the good guys by default.
- The Leader: When not adventuring with Van and friends, hes the leader of his own gang, The Devas/Hands of Hanz.
- Mighty Glacier: In contrast to the other 5 main characters LBX, the Destroyer line arent fast and Hanz usually relies on its insane power and defense, though Hanz has been known to strike quickly and has adapted his fighting style to take on opponents of any speed.
- Panthera Awesome: Hakai-O resembles a lion.
- Red Baron: "Destruction God of Hell" ("Lord of Destruction" in English)
- Names to Run Away from Really Fast: Hakai-O already means 'king of destruction'.
- Sitcom Archnemesis: To Sendou. Still they team up for Artemis in W.
- Walking Shirtless Scene: Has these a lot. Mika and his fanbase are pleased.
- The Worf Effect: Doesnt win a lot of battles in the beginning but he doesn't go down in all of his fights, and his winning record improves.
Sendou Daiki (JP) / Dak Sendo (EG)
- LBX (original game): Joker (Harlequin) / Joker MK2 (Harlequin Mk. II) / NightmareLBX (sequels): Nightmare Fear (Nightmare Nadir)Voiced by Anri Katsu Alistair Abell (English, Dentsu Entertainment)
The Magicican in a Box, Daiki Sendou is a rival and fellow gang member of
- Brainwashed and Crazy: in W #28, he becomes a Slave Player alongside Gouda, Yamenko, and Ota Silver
- Doppelgänger Attack: His specialty. At first its with cheating, but trains hard enough to eventually do it easily.
- Everyone Has Standards: Hes a jerk and sort of a cheater, but by no means is he working with the Innovators. He calls it beneath him and berates Van for thinking that he would stoop so low.
- Finishing Move: His Hissatsu Functions and Special Attack Routines are:
- Deathscythe Hurricane (Dark Helix): Joker Mk. II, Nightmare and Nightmare Fearattack all nearby opponents through slashing the scythe at a high enough speed to create a hurricane.
- Glass Cannon: Overlaps with Fragile Speedster. Daks LBX are very fast, even faster than Amys and thanks to special training with Joker MK2 hes fast enough to use his Doppelgänger Attack without cheating. His scythes are all very powerful which are normally used by Mighty Glacier type LBX. The problem is, his LBXs defense are poor since the scythe prevents him from using a shield. Joker, MK2, and Nightmare are not strong without his weapon. As shown through his battles with Otaku Red, Hanzou, and Jin, once you counter his speed, prevent him from attacking and pin him down, hes helpless.
- —> (Otaku Red in the dub): Youre fast, but thats it.
- HeelFace Turn Though he wasnt the spy, just an super arrogant rival
- I Work Alone: Likes to say this. Especially to Gouda, with whom he teams up on several occasion.
- Law of Chromatic Superiority: Invoked with the new red LBX Joker that debuts in Artemis, but subverted as he gets worfed against Otared.
- Monster Clown: LBX Joker.
- Multicolored Hair: Purple and Black hair.
- Names to Run Away from Really Fast: LBX Nightmare.
- Red Baron: "The Magician of the Box" ("Jack in the Box" in English). Moreso with the second LBX Joker being a red Palette Swap.
- Sitcom Archnemesis: To Gouda.
- Tarot Motifs
- Subverted in that he doesn't seem to know what most of his cards actually mean, such as trying to intimidate Van with the "Death" cardnote , or by comparing his use of brute strength to "The Fool"note .
- Tsundere: He tags along just because it's interesting, not because he cares about Ban & co. Not at all.
- Villain Forgot to Level Grind: Inversion - his time in the "big league" and saving the day in Akihabara Kingdom leaves him unable to do anything but Curb-Stomp Battle his usual opponents with the experience.
Kaidou Jin (JP) / Justin Kaido (EG)
- LBX (original game): The Emperor (Emperor) / Emperor M2 / Proto Zenon (Proto-Xenon) / Zenon (Xenon)LBX (sequels): Triton / Captain TritonVoiced by Hisafumi Oda, Matthew Erickson (English, Dentsu Entertainment)
- Aloof Ally: post HeelFace Turn, but becomes a true Sixth Ranger at the end of the Raid on Tiny Orbit
- Big Fancy House: The Kaidou Mansion is more like a fortress, complete with Elaborate Underground Base.
- Child Prodigy: A genius and well educated in many topics including LBX at a young age.
- Combat Pragmatist: Played for Laughs in his matches against Otakus and samurai who like making long speeches before fights.
- Defrosting The Ice King: He becomes noticeably warmer and more expressive after meeting Ban
- Evil Scientist's Handsome Grandson: Kaidous though not by birth.
- Finishing Move: His Hissatsu Functions and Special Attack Routines are:
- Impact Kaiser (Ground Breaker): The Emperor, Emperor M2 and Ikaros Zero Strikes the ground with Titania at hard force to cause a quake of lava and destruction.
- Break Geyser (Earth Shatterer): Proto Zenon and Zenon smashes the ground with even harder force than Impact Kaiser.
- Omega Explosion: Zenon Alternative Mode One of the strongest Hammer Type attack functions, Zenon spins into the air at high speeds and crashes down onto the ground and the opponents LBX at the same type.
- Ocean Blast (Depth Charge): Triton Surrounds itself in a veil of water, then aims the water with its anchor to fire a stream of water at the opponent
- Grand Wall Triton (Crossover movie only)
- Glass Cannon: Triton isnt as durable as the Zenon LBX, but nearly as strong, and even faster to compensate.
- HeelFace Turn: started showing shades of this after the Artemis tournament, and officially turned face after obtaining Proto-Zenon.
- Lightning Bruiser: All his LBXs in the first game/anime are strong and durable but his speed is just on par. Justins LBX are stronger than Hanzs, faster than Amys & Daks, and his defenses are tied with Vans even without a shield
- Lonely Rich Kid: He only has his LBX and his butler around him at home.
- Parental Abandonment: His parents died in the Tokio Bridge incident and he was adopted by Kaidou Yoshimitsu.
- New Transfer Student: And what better way to introduce yourself to your classmates than arriving in a freaking JET PLANE!
- Pet the Dog: The first sign of him being a decent guy is when he teamed up with Ban to save Haibara Yuuya.
- Prongs of Poseidon: Unsurprisingly, weapon of Triton, his LBX in W.
- Red Baron: "Instant Kill Emperor" ("Sudden Death Emperor" in English)
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Until his HeelFace Turn, even before, he's a decent person on the wrong side.
- Super Mode: Zenon's Alternative Mode
- The Quiet One: Just speaks when it's necessary.
- The Rival: To Ban, and notably his most proficient and powerful.
- Skunk Stripe: White and black hair.
- The Stoic: Rarely showed any emotion until midway through the original series
- The Ugly Guy's Hot Grandson: Adoptive, but still.
- Tsurime: Which stands out in a cast with mostly Tareme.
- Undying Loyalty: He used to have this ideology with his grandfather, but changed that about a quarter-way in the story. His manga part cranked it Up to Eleven until his grandfather called him a useless piece of service and his pawn. Played more straight with his butler, who helps him even though Jin made a HeelFace Turn.
Ryuu Daikouji (JP) / Gabe Lewis (EG)
- LBX (original game): Buld (Bulldozer) / Buld Kai (Bulldoze 4WD) / Ultimate Buld (Super Bulldoze)Voiced by Susumu Chiba (Japanese), Andy Toth (English)
- Abhorrent Admirer: He has a major crush on Amy, and she doesnt reciprocate.
- Attack! Attack! Attack!: His strategy most of the time, which puts him in more harm than good.
- The Big Guy: He has the look and the personality, but hes absolutely useless in a fight most of the time due to his lack of experience and ability.
- Genius Bruiser: Hes not the best battler, but hes good with machines and heavy machinery.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: At times, he can be unusually rude to anyone but Amy but he never means anything intentionally bad by it and he actually cares for his friends. Though telling his teacher that she needs more makeup on her face was a bad move.
- Plucky Comic Relief: His role in the franchise.
- Stone Wall: The Buld line has a lot of defense, and attack on par with Brawler frames. Plus when Ryuu uses Tank frames, he gets a damage reducing boost when blocking. It would be a Mighty Glacier depending on the stats and with certain weapons, Ryuu could go into a Lightning Bruiser. Problem is, Ryuu needs to get better at LBX battles.
- Wake-Up Call Boss: Believe it or not, in the games, hes this.
- After Kazu is trying out new LBX styles, the player has to face Ryuu in a battle where he has the complete advantage. Luckily, the game wants you to lose to progress the story, but if the player wants to win, good luck.
- Using Tank frames helps him a lot in the Ranking Battle. Hes on the lowest, but because of the absurd amount of health Ryuu has as well as axes that damage even higher level LBX, hes one of the hardest Ranking Battles to defeat on the players first try.
- The Worf Effect: Has lost almost every battle in the entire series. No joke.
Mika Mikage (JP) / Mika Morris (EG)
- LBX (original game): Amazoness (Amazon)LBX sequels: Noble Freya.
- Action Girl: Mikas good at LBX battles, though we dont see it as much.
- The Chick: Of the Five-Man Band established, shes the other girl with Amy, though by no means less capable.
- Deadpan Snarker: Only to Ryuu. To be fair, he deserves it.
- Glass Cannon: Her LBX are fast, and have more attack power than the traditional Strider frames, notably when she uses lances. However, hers also have very low defenses and health.
- Perky Goth: Sometimes, especially when Hanz is around.
- Nice Girl: Mikas shy, but a honest and nice person.
- Out of Focus: Shes shown to be a capable battler on par with Van, Kazu, and Amy, but doesnt do much battling while Gabe gets more comedic focus.
Riko Yazawa (JP) / Rika Yazawa (EG)
- LBX (original game): Queen (Ruby Queen)Voiced by: Kei Shindou (Japanese)
- The Chick, Dark Chick, and Number Two: Riko fits all three categories in Hanzous crew as she is the lone female member of the group. Out of the trio she calls the shots when Hanz is not around and acts as their field leader even though Ginji is smarter at strategy than her. When we first meet her, Riko is an antagonist to Ban and friends, being very mean-spirited and insulting her teammates when they lost and incredibly loyal to Hanzou. Once it turns out that Hanzou and co are the good guys, she becomes this in Hanzous group as the fun and energetic loveable member of the group that supports her friends as well as the main trio.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Alongside Tetsuo, she wrecks Ryuu without even breaking a sweat or getting damaged.
- Finishing Move: Her Special Attack Routines and Hissatsu are:
- Grace Missile (Royal Flush): Queen fires a barrage of missile that fire upwards, and proceeds to file back down to the enemy LBX.
- Genki Girl: Shes very upbeat and positive, especially after it is revealed that Goudas gang is Good All Along.
- Gatling Good: Her Queens Royal Salute is a machine gun that can fire up to thirty shots without reloading.
- Hover Mecha: Rikas Queen does not have legs, but instead can hover in the air. Because of that, she can have Queen. blast the opponent from either on the ground or go high in the air to avoid attacks. However, Ban and AX-00 prove that this does not mean that she has the advantage in the air.
- Took a Level in Kindness: Rika starts off as annoying and willing to hurt and win LBX battles by bullying others. After Hanzou and Ban slowly become allies and friends, she starts becoming the nice one of the group. She tells Ban not to let down Hanzou when he gave the former his Hakai-O arm during Angra Visdas. By the Artemis Tournament, she cheers on Ban and tells Ami that the rest of her gang and Ryuu helped work on a banner to cheer her. When Daiki joins with Bans team and Hanzous gang and starts fighting for no reason, its Rika whos telling to knock it off and work together.
- Promoted to Playable: In Danball Senki Boost, you can unlock her as a playable character.
- Women Are Wiser: Save for when theyre doing their team poses, Rikos the levelhead and mature one of the group.
Ginji Shinkano (JP) / Benji Darby (EG)
- LBX (original game): Mad Dog (Chameleon)Voiced By: Nobuyuki Kobushi, Lucas Gilbertson (English, Dentsu Entertainment)
- Ambiguously Human: He looks more like a lizard or a chameleon than a human, especially when he moves his tongue.
- Chameleon Camouflage: His only special attack involves his chameleon like LBX turning invisible. The only way it could be traced is if it moves around too much and the camouflage disappears, or if someone uses a magnetic bomb to paralyze his LBX.
- Finishing Move: His only Special Attack Routine/Hissatsu Function is Camouflage. See Chameleon Camouflage.
- Glass Cannon: Mad Dog is fast on its feet, its camouflage ability allows it to create sneak attacks and its claws hit hard and are dangerous to its opponents. However, its defense is low, has no shields, and once someone can catch up with it, it can break over in just one hit.
- The Smart Guy: Ginijs smarter than the rest of the Devas, and his fighting style involves cunning and strategy as opposed to brute force.
- The Sneaky Guy: At the same time, Ginjis also the sneakiest member of the Devas. He gathers information and spies about anyone that seems to be a threat to his crew, sneaks around a lot, and in battle, he acts as the one who hides around, plans, and attacks only when necessary instead of getting his hands dirty.
Tetsuo Kameyama (JP) / Tank Middleton (EG)
Haibara Yuuya (JP) / Nils Richter (EG)
- LBX (original game): JudgeLBX (sequels): Liu BeiVoiced by Yūki Kaji, Brian Doe (English, Dentsu Entertainment)
- A Day in the Limelight: In episodes #25 to #27 he gets the BC Extras Tournament in the anime to focus more on his Character Development.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: Due to being experimented on by Kamiya Craft under order of Kaidou Yoshimitsu, which is partly why Jin feels responsible for him.
- Broken Ace: Hes one of the strong LBX battlers in the series, but because of his backstory, the only thing he has in his life is LBX and angst in that fact for a while in W.
- Expository Hairstyle Change: In W his look, appearance, and personality changes in a direct contract to his appearances in season 1]
- Extreme Doormat: Because he is used as an experimental subject. When Psycho Scanning Mode starts to become unstable, he finally shows emotions of pain and crying for help before he becomes out of control. Thankfully, he gets better in W
- Finishing Move: His Hissatsu Functions and Special Attack Routines are:
- Power Slash: Judge and Ikaros Force When activated, the user's sword will emit a light energy as like it is charging power, then hurl it in front of the user. When hurled, it creates a powerful explosion upon when it hits an enemy or an obstacles.
- Byakko Shouhazan (White Tiger Flash): Liu Bei. When activated, a blue aura surrounds the sword being held, which then turns into a blue tiger. The user then leaps a far distance and slashes the enemy in front of it with the sword, dealing fatal damage.
- Drill Slasher: Liu Bei (Crossover movie only) When activated, the user will then concentrate energy which like a drill on its sword, then charges/pierces through its enemy, dealing critical damage.
- I Owe You My Life: Towards Jin in W after Jin successfully helped him recover from the events with the Innovators between seasons 1 and 2.
- The Mentor: Acts as one to Ran in W during the Texas Catacombs Contest. Unlike Van and Jin, his efforts take a longer while to take effect
- No Social Skills: Due to him being stuck as an experiment for seven years of his life, his attempts to try to socialize with Hiro and Ran dont always work.
- Monochromatic Eyes:
- Peek-a-Bangs: Keeps some them in #W as part of his desire to be more open.
- People Jars: In one of these in his first appearance.
- Sacrificed Basic Skill for Awesome Training: Hes been raised to be a LBX weapon his whole life. After the events of the original series, hes a Nice Guy with No Social Skills.
- Super Mode: PS (which stands for Psycho Scanning) Mode when he use Judge in season 1. It also doubles as his Superpowered Evil Side since using it .didnt go so well.
- Technopath: Can control LBX with his mind thanks to a special suit, with horrible side effects
- Took a Level in Badass: While he is strong battler, he goes through this in W/season 2, overcoming his doubts and finding a purpose to live thanks to Alice and Otacross in the BC Extra Tournament, defeating Hiro, then becoming the only main character out of the NICS team to defeat Kirito in a one on one fight an episode later.
Otacross (JP) / Master Otaku (EG)
- LBX (original game): ZX3 Type-1 / ZX3 Type-2 / ZX3 Type-3 / Perfect ZX3LBX (sequels): Perfect ZX4Voiced by Shuuhei Takubo
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: Moe-obsessed Old Master and greatest lone hacker in the world.
- Cool Old Guy: After the Power Trio passes his trials, hes this to the protagonists, often helping them in Akihabara, the siege on Tiny Orbit, and his eccentric ways combined with his hidden wisdom is an asset.
- Dirty Old Man: More as crush. He likes girls like Amy and Ran, but hates hyperactive ones like Asuka.
- Eccentric Mentor: Hes completely odd, but a caring and helpful mentor to Team Ban and the Otaku Rangers.
- Finishing Move: Which he is almost assured to use a different, more complicated name for:
- Mega Thunder Cross: Perfect ZX3 and Perfect ZX4
- Large Ham: He hams up everything, from hacking to his perverted tendencies.
- Miniature Senior Citizen: Simultaneously one of the oldest and shortest characters.
- Mission Control: In the third half of the original series and full time during #W.
- Old Master: To the Otarangers and to Ban and co. to an extent
- Otaku: He loves Sakura Zero, anime and geek culture, and is a mentor of an entire team of otakus.
- Story-Breaker Power: Lets face it, without his help, they wouldve never hacked the Janus Gate or found the brainwashing tower in China and helped save Amy. In #W he even calls himself their "secret weapon".
- Verbal Tic: Adds "-deo" at the end of his speech. In the English localization of Baku Boost, he ends sentences with "yes it is" and variants.
- Weapon of Choice: Each ZX model has a specific weapon.
- Despite his oddities, hes a mentor who sees the good in the kids. In the game, he picked Kazu to go with Ban since theyre best friends despite Kazus doubts and is proud of the Power Trio when they not only beat his ZX units, but when Kazu and Ban combine to take down Hades. In #W, he gives this speech properly to Yuuya and Kousuke, the first to realize his love and passion for LBX as his purpose to live, the second to prove to Kousuke that he can move on from his parents death.
The Otarangers (JP) / The Otaku Rangers (EG)
- LBXs: The Bibinbird-X (Birdbrain-X) line
- Accidental Misnaming: Every time they meet, Ban initially calls Otared by the alias he used in the first Artemis tournament, "Yujin" ("Eugene" in English).
- Brainwashed and Crazy: Otasilver in W #28.
- The Bus Came Back: Ota Red in #W for Artemis 2051, accompanied with the new members, Ota Gold and Ota Silver.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass/ Lethal Joke Character: Otared is the first guy to hand Daiki his own ass. and make through D Block in Artemis on his own! He even lasted longer than Masquerade J in the Battle Royale.
- Ota Yellow actually gave Amy some trouble in their match.
- Ota Blue can fight three of members of his squad with the players assistance in Boost!
- Five-Man Band: They're very clearly trying to be one, although they may have missed their marks by a little. Ota Red is The Leader and Ota Pink is The Chick but Otayellow is obviously supposed to be The Big Guy, although he's not so much strong as he is just plain fat. Ota Blue is the second in command which would make him The Lancer but no one respect him. Meanwhile, Ota Black thinks hes The Smart Guy by going after crime, but in reality hes The Sneaky Guy that just goes around thinking hes found bad guys, and whose only smarts come from creating team poses.
- Friendly Rivalry: Otaku Red sees Ban as this by #W and Ban respect him as well minus his oddities.
- Large Ham: If there was a content for whos the hammiest, these guys would win in every category.
- The Leader: Ota Red is the leader of the group and the first one we see. And as Sentai tropes go, hes the best battler on the team as well as the least stupidest.
- Otaku: An entire team of them.
- Sentai: Or at least pretending to be.
- Sixth Ranger: In Danball Senki W, we are introduced to a pair of American Otarangers - Otasilver, a blonde bombshell who likes to partially unzip her jumpsuit to show off her cleavage, and Otagold, a Token Minority black guy whose helmet is too small to fit on his head. They play most of the Sixth Ranger status as the new strong members of the team pretty accurate since the two are far more competent in battles than everyone else on the team and on par with Ota Red.
- "Super Sentai" Stance: They like to do this at every possible opportunity - even when riding an escalator. It tends to get increasingly silly each time. Plus Otayellow keeps screwing it up.
- Wrong Genre Savvy: In multiple genres, ranging all the way from Sentai to Dating Sim, no less.
Yamano Junichiro (JP) / Jon Yamano (EG)
- LBX: Masquerade JVoiced by Fuminori Komatsu
- The Atoner: The whole plot of the first series is basically him trying to make sure that his creation won't be misused by Innovators. The second has him faking being an evil mastermind to stop the LBX federation from using his own creations against him.
- Big Good: Even when kidnapped, hes still this to the protagonists.
- The Chessmaster: Has shades of this with how he plans for his LBX to be sent for the relevant users.
- Creator Backlash: In-universe in W. With all the damage LBX had done in the original series and the real villains using LBX as a cover up, unfortunately he chooses to use his own creations as a threat.
- Daddy Had a Good Reason for Abandoning You: Well it is justified. He was supposedly killed in a plane crash when in reality, he was kidnapped, and had to keep his family, allies, and other friends safe.
- Dance Battler: His battling style with Masquerade in the Artemis tournament.
- Disappeared Dad: Not his fault, you know, with being kidnapped and all. Although it seems that he is occasionally away from his family one year later in W.
- Easily Forgiven: subverted. Owen reminds him of all the damage he caused despite his noble intentions in #W. Played straight for in season 1 where his abandonment came from being kidnapped and trying to stop a criminal organizations.
- Gadgeteer Genius: He creates amazing gadgets. Sadly, others enjoy using them for bad things.
- Heroic BSoD: The result. He created Detector just to take down the LBX authority.
- Glass Cannon: Masquerade is very fast, and Jon's battling style involves Masquerade finishing opponent LBX with a few strikes. However, one hit from a weak move like Power Slash was enough for it to be taken out of the Battle Royale. As a Strider type, this was a given.
- Large Ham: In his Masked J persona. After what happened in the last arc, it was rather enjoyable to see him mess with his opponents in B Block of Artemis.
- Paper-Thin Disguise: His Masked J act in Artemis. Ban didn't completely recognize him but Yuusuke figured it out immediately. Amy laughs that his costume needed work.
- Then utterly subverted in W. He was freaking Detector the whole time!
Marie Yamano (JP) / Mario Yamano (EG)
Kojirou Kitajima (JP) / Ken Navarro (EG)
Prime Minister Sousuke Zaizen (JP) / Prime Minister Stewart Vanguard (EG)
Yagami Eiji (JP) / Devin Aeron (EG)
- LBX: GeneralVoiced by Takanori Hoshino
- The Atoner: For serving the Innovators in the original series. Hes seriously angry at being deceived by Kaidou after all this time. In #W he actually turned himself in, but Prime Minister Zaizen offered him a plea bargain to work as his personal intelligence and have a proper restart thanks to changing sides.
- Authority Equals Asskicking: The leader of the Black Intelligence Brigade of the Innovators, and arguably the best LBX battler amongst the generals of the organization save for Kaidou.
- Badass Cape: Not only does he kick butt in LBX battles, he can also fight it with the cape against grunts and mooks
- Cold Sniper/Elite Mook: The LBX General is generally used for long range, but Eiji uses it with proficiency switches it with close range as well. Drops the cold parts since by that time hes joined the Seekers
- Dark and Troubled Past: Almost as bad as Jin and Yuuya. He was a police officer with a loving wife named Keiko and daughter named Yuki. Then the two were killed in the Tokio Bridge Collapse incident and Kaidou offered him to work for the Innovators to prevent such an accident from ever happening again. Until episode 27, he had no idea Kaidou was the one that caused the event.
- Even Evil Has Standards: While more antagonistic than evil, he was not cool with Kaidou attempting to murder the Prime Minister and doesnt want the Innovators to be some crime syndicate. Him not being present at the Yamano reunion after the Seekers mission to rescue the professor failed combined with him finding out about his family's death and the attack on Artemis lead to him realizing his trope and turning good within a few episodes.
- HeelFace Turn: Starts considering it after episode 25, and decides to go Face a few episodes later.
- Mission Control: He acts as this for the Triple Agents and then for the Seekers as the captain of the Eclipse.
- My Leader Right Or Wrong: Initially, he believed in this ideology until he found out the truth. In terms of his followers, the agents support him one hundred percent. [[spoiler: Another agent became his loyal follower but in the anime that one betrayed him and he was assisted by Jin in response while in the games, said follower and Jin helped him escape and reach the agents.
- Redemption Promotion: when he turns good, hes even more useful than before in both seasons.
- Sharp-Dressed Man: Justified. Before, during, and after working for the Innovators, he always wore suits representation of his job description.
Kaidou Yoshimitsu (JP) / Cillian Kaido (EG)
- LBX: Gekkoumaru (Gekko-maru) / Kaizer (Kaiser)Voiced by Yuzuru Fujimoto
- Arch-Enemy: Most of the main protagonists and even some of the antagonists have it out for Kaidou. Ban wants to save his father from him, Kazu and Amy detest his actions, Tyler and Lex both want revenge against Kaidous actions in regards to their loved ones and families and creating an organization filled with others that want to see Kaidou rot, Rina hates him for blocking the medical system to help many lives, including her sister, Yagamis pissed because of his actions involved with several incidents including the Tokio Bridge Collapse, and both Professor Yamano and Yuusuke has being trying to stop him for years.
- Big Bad: Until midway through the series that Lex decides to turn evil and kill Kaido as a means of not only revenge, but through taking control behind the scenes for himself.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Seems to be respectable but he's power-hungry and doesn't hesitate to manipulate people.
- The Corrupter: Tricked Eiji into believing his cause was for the best when in reality, Eiji was just another pawn and life he destroyed.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Beats the main trio in one hit during the rescue Professor Yamano arc, on the receiving end from Xtreme Mode Odin with Kaiser, and was on both ends during his final battle with Jin.
- Faux Affably Evil: Kaidou seems like a well mannered individual despite being the Big Bad, but his self-centered plans and aggression towards the prime minister and Professor Yamano show his psychotic mentality and wicked nature even though he speaks softly and calm. Even to the press where he acts nice and respectful, his goals have no positive motive outside of power and control.
- Finishing Move: His Special Attack Routines and Hissatsu Functions are
- Gekka Ranbu (Moonlight Sonata): Gekkoumaru. When activated, the user swings its sword three times with pink-colored sonicwaves, dealing great damage to its opponent.
- High-Class Glass: Wears one on one of his eyes, enjoys drinking out of fancy cups and is very wealthy.
- Morally Ambiguous Doctorate: He has a political degree, though his actions throughout the series arent moral at all.
- Ominous Opera Cape: His long coat creates the same effect.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: A sign that the real Kaidou Yoshimitsu is dead and an android replaces him
- Robotic Reveal: Starting from midway through the series. When Rina tried to kill him. It's not really confirmed until much later, by Jin.
Tougoru Kamiya (JP) / Togor Kole (EG)
- Voiced by Shinya Fukumatsu
The owner of Kamiya Craft Industries (Kole Heavy Industries), the worlds biggest heavy duty machinery manufacturer but unknowing to the public, hes and his company are the benefactor to the Innovators in their machine production line and LBX army.
- Co-Dragons: With Sawamura to Kaidou and acts as number two of the Innovators most notably when Kaidou isnt around, often making sure their forces are being kept in line.
- The Corrupter: Hes messed with Heijis mind and emotions to help with the Innovators plan twice. The first time it was to eliminate the Power Trio while the second resulted in Yusukes death.
- Evil Old Folks: Part of the coalition with Yoshimitsu Kaidou and Muneto Sawamura
- Non-Action Guy: Surprisingly, hes one of the few Innovator executives that dont use LBX.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: After season 1, we hardly ever hear of him again. Even Sawamura returned in W.
Muento Sawamura (JP) / Marshall Sanderson (EG)
Giichi Kanou (JP) / Doctor Whitehall (EG)
Shirou Sadamatsu (JP) / ???(EG)
Mitsuyoshi Toudou (JP) / ??? (EG)
Kamiya Kousuke (JP) / Kurtis Kole (EG)
- LBX: Lucifer (Nemesis)Voiced by Kiyotaka Furushima
- Arrogant Kung-Fu Guy: Even outside of battle, Kousuke is confident in everything he does and calls him worthy only of being the chosen one by God.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: Returns in episode #5 and the N City arc as a Slave Player for Detector.
- Blood Knight: His arrogance makes him believe that hes invincible and when hes presented with a 4 on 1 chance, he TAKES it!
- Eyepatch of Power: Except it's only to hide his Mismatched Eyes. Particularly when Lucifer unleashes Seraphic Mode.
- Finishing Move: His Special Attack Routines and Hissatsu Functions are:
- Devil Sword (Seraphic Circle): Lucifer charges up its sword, swinging it high while extending the energy blade to its highest tip, and then slashing it towards the opponent.
- Seraphic Wing (Light Bringer): Lucifer Seraphic Mode. Lucifer in Seraphic Mode spreads its wings, unleashing a devastating storm of light against all its opponents
- HeelFace Turn: In W episode 57.
- Light Is Not Good: LBX Lucifer, white and gold and evil all over. Then again...
- One-Winged Angel: Borders on the literal version with Lucifer's Seraphic Mode.
- Outside-Context Problem: The only bit of Foreshadowing we ever get is his sharing a surname with one of the Innovators heads, his father. As best explained by his father in the dub;Togor Kole: They wont be expecting him.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: One of Kousukes eyes are red, and hes a dangerous LBX player. His second eye is purple, which he only takes off when Lucifers in Seraphic Mode.
- The Ugly Guy's Hot Son: Hes much more handsome than his dad.
- The Worf Effect: Defeated Hanzou, Daiki, Kazu, and Amy! unfortunately off-screen. Then Kousuke nearly beat Ban and Jin twice. However, Ban and Jin not only take the advantage against him in their rematch, but even after he uses Serpahic Mode, they manage to counter it with their Special Modes and Odins new shield renders Seraphic Wing powerless.
- In #W hes become a Slave Player with a stronger Shadow Lucifer, but loses against Hiro and Jessica to show off their competence.
Oozora Hiro (JP) / Hiro Hughes (EG) (LBX: Perseus(Odysseus)/Sigma Orbis/Ikaros Force//Achilles D9)
- Voiced by Hiro Shimono
- Anime Hair: Which he gets from his mother.
- Ascended Fanboy: He liked Toku shows and video games, especially his favorite show Uchuu Eiyuu (Space Hero) Senshiman. Which is why he was elated to be chosen to save the world.
- Attack Drone: Achilles D9's Sword Bits.
- Badass Adorable: His love of video games and the Cosmic Hero anime are the adorable part, but are also the key to him becoming good at LBX and being able to keep up with Ban.
- The Chosen One: Professor Yamano picked him to wield Perseus to help Ban.
- Dual Wielding: His LBX Perseus uses two swords, the first main character in-series to do so.
- Flung Clothing: Towards the end of the first chapter of the anime, manga, and his game, Danball Senki W , his clothes start coming off one by one due to the destruction at the mall in the following order;
- 1) His pants due to a rogue shot accidentally hitting his belt buckle.
- 2) His shoes as he falls down an escalator with his pants open.
- 3) His backpack as he's trying to grab on to something.
- 4) Both his shirt and T shirt at the same time due to accidentally colliding with a sharp point on a rock. This leads to a Shirtless Scene.
- 5) Finally his glasses also come off and are broken
- Finishing Move:
- Cosmo Slash (Cosmic Slash): Perseus and Ikaros Force
- Sigma Drive Sword (Sigma Surge): Sigma Orbis
- Double Zero Sword: Ikaros Force (with Ban's Ikaros Zero)
- Big Bang Slash: Ikaros Force (Crossover movie only) and Achilles D9
- Tempest Blade (Cyclone Slash): Ikaros Force (Crossover movie only)
- Dai Shinkuuzan (Photon Finish): Achilles D9 (Crossover movie only)
- Sword Bits: Achilles D9
- Double Ray Wing: Achilles D9 (with Odin Mk 2)
- Idiot Hair: Doubles as Expressive Hair
- I Just Want to Be Special: He wants to be a chosen hero, badly.
- Lightning Bruiser: LBX Perseus moves like lightning, strikes hard with its dual LBX swords, and has good defenses.
- Mr. Fanservice: He's the only character to get a Shirtless Scene.
- Naked People Are Funny: He loses all his clothes just to get his new outfit.
- Otaku: Not as much as the Otarangers, but not quite a Contrasting Sequel Main Character either.
- Parental Abandonment: His family is nowhere to be seen in either the present or flashbacks. Highlighted in a heartwrenching scene at the airport where he was alone while other kids had their family seeing them off.
- Missing Mom: Oozora Haruka, a scientist working with the company Omegadyne on an system called "Adam & Eve." She and Hiro are eventually reunited, and she ultimately decides to leave to join up with our heroes.
- Punny Name: Hiro really wants to become a Hero
- Psychic Power: He has manifested precognition, though it hasn't been elaborated on.
- Super Mode:
- Strike Mode: Persus
- WV (Double V) Mode: Achilles D9
- Shirtless Scene: At the end of chapter 1 of the game.
Hanasaki Ran / Laura Hanasaki (EG) (LBX: Minerva/Sigma Orbis/Minerva Kai (Minerva Plus))
- Voiced by Kana Hanazawa
- Affirmative Action Girl: Compared to Ami.
- Attack! Attack! Attack!: Her main strategy in her LBX battles. It also leads to her downfall in some LBX battles because she foregoes defense without coming up with a proper strategy.
- Big Fancy House: Her house is a traditional Japanese dojo. Though not to the extent of Kirito.
- Blood Knight: She really enjoys a good fight.
- Break the Haughty: Lost to Hiro in the Angra Texas tournament, after a falling out with Yuuya. That experience taught her to cool down and mature, resulting in her doing better and forming strategies in future battles.
- Cheerful Child: Upbeat, optimistic, and generally positive about saving the world.
- The Chosen One: Professor Yamano chose her to wield Minerva and team up with Ban and Hiro.
- Dual Wielding: Her LBX Minerva uses twin knuckles in combat.
- Fangirl: Of Ban and famous LBX players in general.
- Fiery Redhead: Despite being overall nice, shes very feisty and prone to battles.
- Finishing Move: Her Special Attack Routines and Hissatsu Functions are
- Homura Kuzushi (Blazing Barrage): Minerva
- Sigma Drive Sword: Sigma Orbis
- Homura Kuzushi Kiwami (Ultra Blazing Barrage): Minerva Kai
- Raijin-Ken (Fist of Zeus): Minerva Kai (Crossover movie only
- Meteor Strike: Minerva Kai (Crossover movie only)
- Heir to the Dojo: Of the Hanasaki dojo as her grandfather suggests.
- Hot-Blooded: And she is no exception. Her first episode had her getting super hyped for fighting an LBX invasion.
- Super Mode: Minerva's Burning Mode
- The Worf Effect: Out of the nine main characters, she loses against Amy to show how strong the brainwashed Slave Players are, Hiro to lead to her Break the Haughty moment, and is usually the first one eliminated in team battles against a main villain such as Zeus, and more painfully by O-Legion.
- Curb Stomp Cushion: Even when she loses, save for O-Legion, she puts up an even fight or helps the others figure out the enemys weakness.
Jessica Kaios /Jessica Caius (EG) (LBX: Jeanne D (Jeanne D Arc)/Jeanne F)
- Voiced by Eri Kitamura, Maggie OHara (English, Dentsu Entertainment)
- Americans Are Cowboys: Although it is not reflective in her personality, just her outfit.
- Bare Your Midriff: She shows more skin in her middle regions than the other females, but not to Sakis extent.
- Break the Haughty: Believes that she doesn't need training as her memory and superior LBX are sufficient to win. She's soon proved wrong.
- Finishing Move: Her Special Attack Routines and Hissatsu Functions are
- Sidewinder 8: Jeanne D. he LBX fires the eight missiles in its arms as it spins arounds, and the missiles explode on all nearby targets.
- Girlish Pigtails: Ironically, shes one of the farthest females from girly expect when her fathers in danger.
- Glass Cannon: Jeanne D is fast, and with its dual wielding gun style, Jessica can switch from having strong offensive to long range shooting and using her shields as shield such as her battle with Van. However, her fighting styles comes at the use of using a shield, and when shes pinned down, Jeanne Ds low defensive power doesnt do her much favors in fights.
- Guns Akimbo: Her LBX Jeanne D uses twin guns and uses them in an offensive and defensive format.
- Hot-Blooded: Shes calm, but very competitive. And when Billy breaks her heart, she EXPLODES!
- Nice Hat: Sports a cowboy hat.
- The Ojou: The daughter of the leader of NICS, but Jessica is polite and respectful.
- Phenotype Stereotype
- Photographic Memory: Can memorize everything, however complex, with just a glance. Overreliance on existing information is a disadvantage for her in battles though.
- Playing with Fire: During the Catacombs Texas finals, she uses a fire attribute pistol named Red Eagle against Billy and Hiro.
- The Worf Effect: Easily defeated in her, Hiro, and Yuyas three on one LBX battle against Kirito to showcase his power with his custom Hakai-Oh.
Kazama Kirito/Kurt Bryant (EG) (LBX: Deqoo OZ (Deqoo Kiper)/Joker Kirito Custom (Harlequin Kurt Edition)/Hakai-Oh Kirito Custom (Destroyer Kurt Edition)/Fenrir Flare)
Voiced By: Daisuke Hirakawa, Andrew Francis (English, Dentsu Entertainment)
A new rival for the W saga. He loves to battle opponents and appears to Ban and Hiro, but where do his true intentions lie?
- An Axe to Grind/Elite Mook: LBX Deqoo OZ uses it. He used the original frame model of Deqoo and perfected it to reach its maximum potential. Its sword is strong enough to decapitate G-Rexs'
- All Your Powers Combined: His custom LBX Joker has Lucifer's wings and Pandora's twin daggers. Hakai-Oh has Titan's tank treads and two drills for arms.
- Beyond the Impossible: Remember how everyone was shocked Daiki could use three different LBX at once? Well Kirito can, and with THREE DIFFERENT styles of LBX. He even tuned his Deqoo to be far above the regular Mook status.
- Blood Knight: This dude loves to battle to the point where he becomes a Wild Card to help Van and Hiro against Detector in his introduction in W episode 2 to help Ban and Justin catch thieves robbing a train in W #13. Combined with his ability to take on different groups of the Power Trio at once and his CPU dream to create a machine capable of human emotions needing to be powered through combat data, and youve got Kousuke in a nutshell.
- The Brute: Acts as this for Omega Dayne and is their personal Test Player, frequently fighting Ban and his allies in various confrontations. That being said, hes far from stupid.
- Finishing Move: His Hissatsu Functions and Special Attack Routines are:
- X Blade: Deqoo OZ and Fenrir Flare. The user LBX charges up electrical energy around itself to the tip of its weapon. Then jumping up in a starry flash, it hurls itself towards the opponent and delivering a X-shaped shockwave.
- Kousokuken Issen (Lightspeed Strike): The LBX charges electrical energy into its fists, causing it to gain high speed and strikes in the opponents weak spot in a single instant.
- Gadgeteer Genius: Not only built the abovementioned customs himself, but his work with Omega Dyne involves refining the Cylops, a LBX CPU.
- HeelFace Turn: As of #43.
- Institutional Apparel: A black and white striped top with the number 24 for some reason.
- Law of Chromatic Superiority: Gratuitous amounts of red on all his mechs and is one of the strongest LBX players in the first two series..
- Lean and Mean: Thin, but hes a rival thats dangerous, smart, and powerful.
- Lightning Bruiser: Kiritos customized all three later four LBX styles to its maximum potential, giving them high stats in speed, power, and defense.
- The Rival: To The Team in W, especially Ban and Yuya.
- Suspiciously Similar Substitute: To Kamiya Kousuke - down to the blonde hair even.
- Unwitting Pawn: Didnt really care for the other Omega Dyne members plans, which contributes to his Villainous BSoD when Alfred takes the Cylops CPU hes worked on the whole season to perfect.
Kojou Asuka (LBX: Vampire Cat)
- Bokukko: Taken Up to Eleven. Uses "ore" and uses a masculine language pattern in general - it's one of the ways that everyone is misled into thinking she's a boy.
- Bratty Half-Pint: Despite being short, Asuka's actually 14 (the same age as Ban, Jin, and Hiro).
- Cheerful Child: Very innocent, positive even in the most distressful situations and reflects it in Vampire Cats movements. Though around the ages of Ban and Jin, the small stature cements this
- Finishing Move: her Hissatsu Functions and Special Attack Routines are.
- Devil Soul. A demonic seal is materialized and the high-impact energy is released unto opponents.
- Whale Cannon (Leviathan Burst) (Crossover movie only) When activated, the user will raise its arm, then slam the ground that is covered with blue water aura and summons a water blast from it similar to Devil Soul, and splashes its enemy, dealing great damage on its opponent.
- Jumped at the Call: After catching on to the Artemis assassination plot, proves integral to the capture of the assassin. Then officially joins NICS for payback against Omega Dayne for brainwashing her in W Episode #30.
- Lethal Joke Character: LBX Vampire Cat, big goofy head, hops up and down, runs on all fours, capable of beating both Elysion AND Perseus.
- Lightning Bruiser: LBX Vampire Cat is one of the fastest LBX ever, has the power to destroy LBX in a single hit, and is very durable to the point where it can fight teams on its own.
- Samus Is a Girl / Wham Line: "Takeru! Your older sister won!"
- Trademark Favorite Food: Tomato juice and offers most people to drink some much to their dismay.
- Weapon of Choice: Triple Head Spear!
- The Worf Effect: n episode #30, despite being Brainwashed and Crazy she loses to Kazu and Achilles Deed to establish how powerful Deed really is. Properly starts having trouble with the new Killer Droids.
Dr. Mummy/Hiyama Mami(JP) /Mae Hiyama (EG) (LBX: Zeus)
- Voiced by Hiroki Tochi/Chiyako Shibahara Rhona Rees, English (Dentsu Entertainment)
- Bandage Mummy: Wears a ton of bandage wrap around him to the point that hes in a wheelchair.
- The Berserker: Killer Droid. It will not stop until it senses all LBX in the area to be destroyed. It won't hesitate destroying any of its "allies" either.
- Finishing Move: His or rather her Special Attack Routines and Hissatsu Functions are
- [[spoiler:'''God Nemesis (Almighty Nemesis)'''
- Hijacked by Ganon: Subverted as it was never Lex behind the whole thing, but his sister.
- Kill Sat: unlike Alfred, he, or rather she, plans to use it to fulfill her brothers ambitions and take revenge on the world that hurt her brother and their family.
- Nuke 'em: Her end goal.
- Paper-Thin Disguise: He's not fooling anyone. Everyone and their uncle from the first series (as well as his employers) recognize him as Lex. Needless to say, her true identity was a shocker to pretty much everyone, in-universe and out.
- The Reveal/ Samus Is a Girl: Turns out to not be Lex at all but his sister!
- The Starscream: Succeeds into taking over Omega Dyne at the climax, overthrowing Alfred, and becoming the new rulers of Zeus, Adam, and Eve.
- Super Mode: Zeus's Giga Voltaic Mode.
- Walking Spoiler: Theres more to him that meets the bandages.
- Voiced by Fuminori Komatsu
The name of a terrorist organisation, or at least its masked spokesman, with the ability to "Brainjack" or seize control of numerous LBXs at once to cause chaos. It was all the work of Yamano Junichiro of all people, trying to put a stop to Omega Dyne's conspiracy by turning the LBXs they've distributed into their most obvious threat.
- Big Bad: supposedly one of the main antagonist s of #W.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: How he gets the Slave Players on his side. The only one that it didnt affect was Kazu, and he became the Number Two to the group as a a result.
- DiabolicalMastermind: planned multiple cyber terrorist attacks, each one specific and intentional to his plans and his true agenda.
- Good All Along: See The Reveal.
- Does This Remind You of Anything?: A cyber-terrorist in a smiling white mask. It's no wonder he chose to remain... anonymous.
- In the Hood
- Meaningful Name: Detectors presence alerts a terrorist attack with LBX but also serves as a hint towards his true motivations in the series in both the Japanese and English dub. He wants the world to detect the true villains of the series and the Paradise plan while also directing the main characters to the real plan behind the scenes.
- The Reveal: Detectors true identity is none other than Professor Yamano. However, he has not turned evil. Rather hes using the LBX to direct everyone towards the true Big Bad and The Conspiracy of W, Omega Dyne.
- White Mask of Doom: Almost similar to a certain hacking organization.
Allan Worthen/Alan Worthing (EG)
- Voiced by Takaya Hashi
The head of Omega Dyne, world authority of LBX distribution. He brought in Dr Mummy to the company, backing his work and the creation of Killer Droids to further Alferd Gardyne's agenda. He didn't live to see the result.
- Affably Evil: Calm, respectful, and very polite to his adversaries.
- Big Bad Wannabe:. Alfred was the true mastermind and used him as a figurehead to mask his plans until he had no more use for him.
- Corrupt Corporate Executive: Milked up to be this, but we never find out what his true motivations were.
- Character Death: Killed by Bishop of all people
- Obviously Evil: Milked for all it's worth, but he's more of an Unwitting Pawn in the end.
- Stuffed in the Fridge: By Bishop under Alfreds orders.
- Unwitting Pawn: See the Big Bad section above.
President Claudia Lenneton/President Claudia Lenton (EG)
President of "A Country", who gets involved when her speech to end global warfare makes her a target for Detector.
- No Celebrities Were Harmed: You'd think making her a Hillary Clinton Expy would be an obvious move, but they went with Angela Merkel instead.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: Reasonable, respectful, and wise as the leader of A Country and also as a benefactor of NICS.
- The Stoic: She can get angry, but keeps her calm. Especially when she [[becomes a Badass in Distress]].
Alferd Gardyne (JP) / Alfred Gordon (EG)
Vice-President of "A Country". Having planned to coup the President for some time, he's the one behind the machinations of Omega Dyne - but roping in Dr Mummy may have been a bad move.
- Badass Beard: Not only does he have a rockin beard, hes also the vice president, the true Big Bad of the first ¾ths of the season, and can fight with an LBX in a 1 on 3 battle.
- Big Bad: The true leader and mastermind of the Paradise project and headed Omega Dynes criminal activities in the first place. This role sticks.
- The Cynic: In comparison to the president, hes much more questionable and worrisome about political actions such as increasing security despite Lenton explaining that they would just cause more panic. That part of his character may be an act.
- Didn't See That Coming: He also had no idea about Dr. Mummys true identity. When said person betrayed him, he was completely in shock.
- Man Behind the Man: He was pulling Worthens strings from the very beginning and was none the wiser]
- President Evil: When the president and Director Caios are being locked in the Pentagon, he acts as interim president until the presidents safety will be secure. By that he means, since Im president, its time for my evil organization to go into space and use the Kill Sat to become the supreme ruler of the world.
- The Starscream: Planned to eliminate the president from the very beginning.
- Start of Darkness: His own father was a top politician, out to expose corruption but nailed with the same crimes he'd exposed. It's implied he was Driven to Suicide. Alfred wants to become ruler of the world so there is no more corruption
- Walking Spoiler
- Voiced by Aya Endo
Oozora Hiro's Missing Mom, who's been away from home and working on a massive AI in the UK. Turns out it's the very same AIs that are used to manipulate the Pparadise Kill Sat, and by the time our heroes find out, it may be too late...
- Dark Chick: Until Dr. Mummys reveal, shes the only female in Omega Dyne and those reasons are explained in the tropes below.
- Deadpan Snarker: Once she joins up with the heroes as a calm Foil to Master Otakus eccentic.
- For Science!: Her pride as a scientist exceeds to the point where she focused more on creating the AI than currently caring about her son.
- Hot Scientist: Despite her initial goals, she is a beautiful woman.
- Idiot Hair: It's In the Blood as seen with her son.
- In the Blood: Just like Hiro, she can get easily distracted when becoming too focused on something. Unlike Hiro, her scientific plans has unintentionally caused the world more harm than good.
- Missing Mom: For about half of the series at least. After realizing that she left Hiro for a long time, she regrets those actions.
- My God, What Have I Done?: Once she realizes what Omega Dyne has planned for Adam and Eve alongside the pain she caused Hiro for being away for so long.
- Nerd Glasses: Similar to ones that her son wears, and one takes them off in important situations.
- Unwitting Pawn: She intended for Adam & Eve to be the perfect CPUs. Had no idea what her employers planned to do with it.
LTA Jack Gelato (LBX: Proto I)
Military ace with the "A Country" defence force, Jack is apparently a LBX test pilot, and gets a pretty nasty one to start with.
- Good All Along: Just tricked by the real Big Bads
- HeelFace Turn: Once he learns the truth.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: The advanced CPU of LBX Proto I overheats.
- Skunk Stripe
- Spanner in the Works:LBX Proto 1 becomes Professor Yamanos inspiration to create the double LBX Icaros units
- Super Prototype: LBX Proto I.
- Unwitting Pawn: to Alfred and Omega Dyne.
- Weapon of Choice: Proto I uses BFG and a Laser Blade.
Mizel (LBX: Vector/O.Legion/Mizel O.Legion)
- Voiced by Taisuke Yamamoto
A mysterious boy who appears just after the destruction of the Paradise space station. What is their relationship, if any?
- All Your Powers Combined: (Mizel) O.Legion can use the Attack Functions of Odin, Hunter and Hakai-O, as well as the special modes of Elysion, Perseus and Minerva.
- Eerie Pale-Skinned Brunette
- Finishing Move: With the exception of the first, all of them are used by Mizel O.Legion
- Gungnir O.Legion
- Stinger Missile
- Jet Striker
- Gaoh Cannon
- Grand Theft Prototype: How he gets the O.Legion for his own use.
- Has Two Mommies: The child of Adam and Eve, but claims his real mother is Oozora Haruka.
- Humongous Mecha: The Mizel Trouzer
- Transforming Mecha: He modified the stolen Eclipse to do this.
- Me's a Crowd: The Vector is the first LBX to appear in identical swarms created by Omega Dyne's own resources.
- Ridiculously Human Robot
- Super Mode: Mizel O.Legion uses Knight Mode, Strike Mode and Burning Mode.
- Technopath: There's a reason for that...
- Walking Spoiler
- You Gotta Have Green Hair
Sena Arata (LBX: Dot Phasor/Dot Blastriser)
- Voiced by Ryota Ohsaka
- Expy: He's essentially Ran with a Gender Flip, being far more Hot-Blooded than Ban and Hiro.
- Fiery Redhead
- Finishing Move:
- Shinto Kamui (LBX Dot Blastriser G Ext)
- Hot-Blooded: Notably pummeled an enemy into submission in his first fight.
- Non-Uniform Uniform: A light blue blazer, unbuttoned jacket and no tie.
- Weapon of Choice
Hoshihara Hikaru (LBX: Val Sparos/Val Diver)
- Voiced by Sayuri Ishizuka
- The Ace
- Freudian Excuse
- Heroic BSoD: After Bandit sabotaged his cockpit. They even call it WTSD (War Time stress disorder) here.
- Weapon of Choice
Izumo Haruki (LBX: Orvane/Trivhine)
- Voiced by Tomoaki Maeno
- Cold Sniper
- My Greatest Failure: Losing the two teammates that Arata and Hikaru are currently replacing.
- The Stoic
- Weapon of Choice
- Voiced by Chika Anzai
Isogai Gendo (LBX: DC Aerial/Orvane)
- Voiced by Yoshihisa Kawahara
- Face of a Thug
- Fiction500: To the extent that they let his butler follow him around the school.
- You Gotta Have Green Hair
- Voiced by hie
- We Hardly Knew Ye: By #17, four soldiers have been lost to Rikuya's outright callous leadership.
- Voiced by Daisuke Namikawa
- Blinding Bangs
- Dirty Coward: Known for sacrificing his teammates time and again as part of his Xanatos Gambit.
- Four Eyes, Zero Soul
- The Napoleon: Squad leader and shortest of the males.
- Amazon Brigade
- Blonde, Brunette, Redhead: Two of 'em even have brown and black hair to cover both flavors of brunette.
Kashima Yuno (LBX: Siren/Dot Phasor)
- Voiced by Kanako Nomura
- Voiced by Yoko Honna
- Voiced by Marika Minase
- Shrinking Violet: Her first line of dialogue is barely audible.
- Voiced by Meiko Kawasaki
Fuujin Kaito (LBX: DC Braver/Val Sparos)
- Voiced by Yūichi Nakamura
- The Dandy: Just that hair. Gawd.
- Agent Peacock: He is squad leader for a reason.
- Jerkass: There's always one.
- The Quisling
- We Want Our Jerk Back: in the finale.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair
- Voiced by Yoshimasa Kawata
- Expy: Of Ryu from the first season.
Houjou Muraku (LBX: Gunther Izerfa/Magna Ortus)
- Voiced by Shuuhei Iwase
- Defrosting Ice King
- The Dreaded: Him and Gunther Izerfa have the title of the school's strongest LBX, and all of Jenock minus Arata and Hikaru absolutely do not want to confront him in War Time, especially Haruki.
- Expy of Kaidou Jin, Multicolored Hair and everything
- Finishing Move:
- Doppelgänger Attack: Catastrophe Drive (Magna Ortus)
- Lightning Bruiser: Dont let the Gunthers weight size and hover style stance fool you, Gunthers reaction speed is blindly fast, similar to Jins high speed use of the Emperor and Zenon units. Its also immensely powerful, destroying the LBX of Harukis former Jenock First Platoon Members in a single sword slash and easily disabling Arata, Hikaru, And Haruki with little difficulty. Defense wise, its weight allows it to tank hits without problem. When Arata attempted to use Hyper Energy Bomb, a Finishing Move to ricochet off a gun just to damage it, the blast damaged and bore a crack into the wall Jenock was supposed to deactivate the towers for, and barely damaged Gunthers arm joint!
- Red Baron: Known as the "Violet Demon" before the guy came out as the LBX's pilot.
- Weapon of Choice:
Andrei Gregory (LBX: Gunther and Riding Armor/Dot Blaze)
- Voiced by Kensuke Satou
Itan Kyouji (LBX: Guruzeon)
- Voiced by Jun Fukushima
- Voiced by Takanori Hoshino
- Animal Motifs: He's practically a gorilla in a jumpsuit.
- Drill Sergeant Nasty
- Dual Wielding Wooden Katanas Are Even Better
- Team Dad
- Voiced by Yu Shimamura
Seredy Kreisler (LBX: Phantom/D Ezeldee)
- Voiced by Daisuke Sakaguchi
Child prodigy and newest faculty member, Kreisler sets up the Ezelderm Platoon consisting of random picks from other platoons as a way of keeping all the Bandit members organised.