A character page for the Roleplay Daily Mysteries. Possible unmarked character spoilers ahead.
First Year Students
Ultimate SAMPLE TEXT
Bishamon Wakazono is the Ultimate SAMPLE TEXT.
Ultimate Trading Card Game Player
Hiro Nakagawa is the Ultimate Trading Card Game Player. A clueless kid who is baffling bad at everything besides his talent (Which is also something to question). It's questionable how he's still alive at this point.
- Clueless Detective: Despite numerous attempts at investigating, Hiro messed up at every possible moment. Especially when he contaminates an entire crime scene when he takes evidence from it during Chapter 1.
Ultimate SAMPLE TEXT
Akira Hattori is the Ultimate SAMPLE TEXT.
Ultimate Street Fashion Model
Mika Fumiko is the Ultimate Street Fashion Model. The adorable little idiot, a bubbly sweetheart who should have been dead like twice by now.
- Booby Trap: Sat in the Mastermind's throne and nearly died from electric shock.
- Cute Clumsy Girl: Played pretty often, Mika has a tendency to flounder, struggle or have a hard time doing things. Endearing during regular school times. However, during her few physical struggles she always winds up falling over or getting knocked away. (Or in the case of the first confrontation with Sumeragi in Chapter 2, nearly getting away and winding up with a broken wrist.)
- Fashionista: Mika's Ultimate is Ultimate Street Fashion Model.
- Genki Girl: Peppy and upbeat, it's rare to see her not smiling. She also uses this to her advantage, often smiling sweetly to fool or trick authority figures into thinking she's harmless.
- Mistaken for Romance: Even the Mastermind thinks it. The general consensus from the cast is that Mika and Shinya are in some sort of relationship. Certainly it didn't help that Mika stated she was 'sleeping with' Shinya, but really meant napping in his lab.
- Odango Hair: Mika wears her hair in two buns.
- Post-Stress Overeating: After any major conflict, Mika resorts to gorging herself on sweets. After the first trial in Chapter 2, she ran off and got Ice cream while declaring her undying ambition to bring justice to Ueno.
- Sweet Tooth: Nearly everything Mika eats contains some form of sugar or sweetener. She's rarely seen eating anyting but.
- What Does This Button Do?: Though she can be clever in a pinch, Mika tends to impulsively do things without much thinking.
- You Wake Up in a Room: During Chapter 2, Mika was rendered unconcious and given temporary amnesia after walking in on the Mastermind, not knowing where she was and having been left in the middle of the crime scene next to Hana Yui's body.
Ultimate Rhythm Gamer
Miki Rikimaru is the Ultimate Snake Charmer.
Ultimate Snake Charmer
- Consummate Liar: Miki spins a wide variety of lies, ranging from fantastical tales to believable twists of the truth. It's nigh impossible to tell the pieces of truth from her deception.
- Covered in Scars: She has scars all over her torso, the cause of which is unknown.
- Definitely Just a Cold: She obviously has some sort of serious illness but waves it off as nothing whenever it's mentioned.
- Snakes Are Sinister: She fully embraces this trope, utilizing it to make herself appear more evil and sinister.
- Tiny Tyrannical Girl: She may be tiny, standing at only 5'0, but that won't stop her from giving orders as if she has absolute authority.
Second Year Students
Mason Locus is the Ultimate Witness.
Ultimate Board Game Player
Aito Nishimura is the Ultimate Board Game Player. He is suspected to be working with the trigger happy killer.
- Chronic Backstabbing Disorder: After betraying both Shinya, Mika, and his other friends instead joining Monokuma
- Cop Killer: Aito caused the death of Nanako Ueno after requesting a favor from Monokuma.
Alan Cross is the Ultimate Investigator.
Ryo Sasaki is the Ultimate Demonologist.
Ultimate Graffiti Artist
Emi Kawaguchi is the Ultimate Graffiti Artist. Though she wasn't here for a while, she's here with absolutely no clue what is going on.
- The Anti-Nihilist: Generally likes to consider death the least of her worries and try to do her best while still living.
- Bad Liar: Almost admitted in the text chat about the game in Chapter 2. Instead dubbed it 'secret stuff' and was quickly saved from admitting anything by Mika. Can also be seen as Cannot Keep a Secret.
- The Fool: Partially Subverted. She's kind of a dense-headed person overall, and didn't even realize what happened in school after the first murder until she came back. However, she's known to be quite academically smart and pretty logical if she actually thought about it.
- Goshdang It To Heck: Didn't swear until Chapter 2's trial. Most likely didn't even swear for the whole previous year she was here too. Usually only says 'shoots', 'heck', 'darn' and 'jeez'.
- Rebellious Spirit: Passively. Nice to people, nice to teachers, but she doesn't like the concept of society as a whole. Fuels her muse for graffiti.
- Saving the World with Art: Somewhat. Makes graffiti art to keep people going and remind them of what's good in the world still.
- Tomboy: Literally wears slacks under her uniform skirt.
Ultimate SAMPLE TEXT
Arise Matoshi is the Ultimate SAMPLE TEXT.
Third Year Students
Ultimate Lucky Student
Souji Shibata is the Ultimate Lucky Student. He doesn't like to talk about himself and prefers to remain distant, often found with his nose in a book when spotted on campus. With his failing grades and notoriety for failing at the simplest of tasks, many wonder why he bothers to attend at all!
- Bookworm: Souji likes to read and frequents the school library for novels. He occasionally likes to drop book references into his speech, furthering the social divide between him and his classmates.
- Don't Look at Me!: Just like how Souji can't maintain eye contact, he shrinks and becomes meek underneath the gaze of others.
- Eyes Always Averted: Souji can't hold eye contact for long and tends to shyly look away or at the floor while talking to people.
- Friendless Background: Souji, despite being a third year, is described as being a loser with little impact on the school and his classmates' lives.
- Hates Being Touched: Souji can't stand being touched. He pulls away or flinches when someone other than himself initiates contact.
- Idiot Hair: Souji has an odd notched hair flip on the top of his head.
- No Social Skills: Souji has stunted social skills and behaves strangely in social situations as a result.
- Situational Sociability: While public speaking and talking to authority turns him into a nervous wreck, Souji is mostly fine in one on one conversations with classmates and on the messenger.
- Scholarship Student: The Hope's Peak Lucky Student raffle is the only reason Souji is able to attend school among Ultimates.
- Taking Advantage of Generosity: Souji invited himself over to Ryo's room to watch the news on his television and then did everything in his power to stay. And the very next day... He came back!
Ultimate Professional Sleeper
Shinya Kaichimu is the Ultimate Professional Sleeper.
- Affectionate Gesture to the Head: Pats Mika on the head, especially late in chapter two
Ultimate Short Story Author
Suzanne Maria is the Ultimate Short Story Author.
- But Not Too Bi: She's bisexual, though she seems to have a harder time keeping her cool around cute girls as opposed to cute guys.
- Fan Hater: If you like something she doesn't, judgement shall rain down upon you.
- Ineffectual Loner: She doesn't like to talk to people, and it'll probably get her killed someday.
- Tsundere: She's rough around the edges, that's for sure.
Koguchi Chouko is the Ultimate Artist.
Teachers and Faculty
Former Ultimate Cybersecurity Analyst
Yudai "Yida" Tokita is the Former Ultimate Cybersecurity Analyst, currently employed at Hope's Peak Academy to help with the E-handbook security breach crisis.
He is best known for turning heads after hacking the Hope's Peak Academy webpage at age 14 and leaving his contact information with a message for scouters. His information and cheeky redecorating remained on the website for two days before it was properly removed, throwing the young ethical hacker into the spotlight of news outlets, online infamy, and Hopes Peak Academy themselves. His confident, mischievous, and casual nature along with his and similarly outrageous stunts pulled criticizing security flaws in his talent exhibitions made him a fan favorite among followers of Hopes Peak Academys exploits.
He is currently the only known faculty member to have learned of the Killing Game.
- The Gadfly: Yudai loves to mess and joke around with students to dig for a reaction, especially Shinya.
- Guyliner: He has noticeable thicker eyelashes that DEFINITELY could be mascara. And given Yida's personality and love of punk rock fashion, he's confident enough to pull it off.
- Large Ham Title: When introducing himself to Suzanne, Yudai used the incredibly ham title of "Yudai Tokita the Security Extraordinaire and Internet Genius".
- Playful Hacker: While Yudai hacks for a living, his background is entirely playful and non-serious, constantly dabbling in experimentation and testing outside of his job for fun.
- Ultimate Job Security: With how casual and playful Yudai is at all times, going as far to catfish Shinya under username Lovelybunny♥ (Parodying Shinya's username Sleepybun) to meet with him, it's a wonder to how Yudai hasn't gotten disciplined yet. While Yudai maintains a professional image when working with other professionals, the way he talks and jokes with students is filled to the brim with profanities and slang unfit for an adult within a school setting.
Former Ultimate Roboticist
Sayuri Kaetsu is the Former Ultimate Roboticist. The current second year teacher, after the last one's untimely demise.
- Alpha Bitch: An older version of the Highschool trope, she views herself as superior to others and does not make it in any way subtle.
- Brutal Honesty: Blunt and to the point with both teachers and students.
- The Friend Nobody Likes: Her and Hikaru are friends.. Right?
- Hot Teacher: Sayuri is a very attractive woman and the second year teacher. According to Noah, so attractive he'd willingly help her carry heavy objects around with little to no thanks.
- Power Walk: Consistently walks like this, signified by the 'click-clack' her heels make.
- Stepford Smiler: Even when taunting and beratting others, Sayuri puts on an air of gentleness and kindness. Even if that means getting her substitue teacher to drag a ton of supplies up a few flights of stairs.
Former Ultimate Diver
Hikaru Sakinu is the Former Ultimate Diver.
- Nice Guy: Hikaru's really nice. As in, really really nice. Even after getting absolutely rejected as a friend by Sayuri, he doesn't talk back. While he does have a decent amount of self esteem, he treats others first and foremost.
Former Ultimate Street Artist
Noah Sekizawa is the Former Ultimate Street Artist.
Nanako Ueno was the former lead Investigator for the "Trigger Happy Killer" case until his untimely end in Chapter 1.
Sumeragi is a mysterious figure in a navy blue robe and bear mask who claims responsibility for the "Trigger Happy Killings".
- Cool Mask: He is always seen wearing a black bear mask with glowing red eyes, and a wide grin. It's essentially a mirrored version of Monokuma's black half.
- Evil Sounds Deep: Although it's distorted and seems to be modulated, his voice is extremely deep.
- Hidden Agenda Villain: With the exception of possibly two or three people, nobody has even the slightest clue as who the man behind the mask is or what his motives are with the exception of targeting the students who don't investigate.