open/close all folders
The Main Party
Voiced by: Toshiko Fujita (Japanese/1991 series), Atsumi Tanezaki (Japanese/2020 series), Marina Huerta (Latin American Spanish)
- Badass Adorable: He is a cute, friendly, energetic kid who can take on monsters, armored warriors and giants.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Happens very rarely, but he does become less nice when he uses his full strength.
- Book Dumb: There's a small throwaway gag where Dai has trouble reading and has to ask someone else to do it.
- Chromatic Arrangement: He mainly wears blue.
- Dork Knight: He did grow up on an island inhabited by monsters. This adds to his charm even in-universe, though.
- Expy: Dai looks a lot like how Gohan was as a kid in Dragon Ball Z during the Android Saga.
- Friend to All Living Things: Manages to even befriend an item.
- Happily Adopted: His adoptive grandfather Brass raised him as well as any family could have. Dai never stops loving him, even after meeting his real family.
- The Hero: Expecially notable, since "hero" is a character class in-universe.
- Heroes Prefer Swords: He can use other kinds of weapons, but swords are his favorites.
- Human Mom, Non-Human Dad: His mother was a regular human, while is father is an human-dragon-demon hybrid.
- Humble Hero: Even when the whole world starts relying on him, Dai never gets conceited. He also has no problems with Nova calling himself "the true hero".
- Incorruptible Pure Pureness: "Purity" is his trademark as a disciple of Avan.
- Kid Hero: Definitely the youngest of the main cast.
- Last of His Kind: Normally, when he dies a replacement would be born somewhere. Now that the mother dragon can't birth Dragon Knights anymore, unless Dai chooses to have children, he'll be the last dragon knight.
- Magic Knight: In-universe, "heroes" can use both weapons and magic. Dai finds a way to use both at the same time.
- Moses In The Bul Rushes: He is the son of a human-demon-dragon hybrid created by the gods themselves to fight evil.
- Nice Guy: Treating everybody (and everything) nicely is even recognized in-universe as the source of his strength.
- Power Glows: When he activates his "draconic aura", his body gets visibly covered by energy.
- Pintsized Powerhouse: The smallest of the main characters, and the most powerful.
- Raised by Wolves: He grew up in Monster Island. Luckily the Demon King was already dead by the time he ended up there, so the monsters weren't actually evil.
- Sleeves Are for Wimps: He has several outfits, none of which include sleeves.
- "X" Marks the Hero: Has a X-shaped scar on his cheek.
Voiced by: Keiichi Nanba (Japanese/1991 series), Toshiyuki Toyonaga (Japanese/2020 series), José Antonio Macías (Latin American Spanish), René García (Latin American Spanish/eps. 4-14)
- Awesomeness by Analysis: Manages to determine the weaknesses in Vearn's attacks by observing them a few times. He can also copy his enemies attacks after seeing them in action.
- Badass Cape: As a proof for having passed his training, Matoriv handles Pop his own cape, which gives him a more wizardy appearance. He later sacrifices it against Baran.
- Butt-Monkey: When a scene needs a character to fall on his face, Pop will be that character.
- Can't Catch Up: Notably averted. He remains entirely relevant until the very end.
- Chivalrous Pervert: He "accidentally" gropes Maam and risks his life to help her with about the same frequency.
- Chromatic Arrangement: He mainly wears green.
- Cowardly Lion: Take a shot for how many times Pop abandoned the team out of fear only to come back or be revealed to have been pretending.
- Determinator: Every major character is one, but Pop manages to force his dead body to use a spell while his soul is going towards the other world.
- Deuteragonist: He gets about as much focus as Dai. Very noticeable in the final battle.
- Glass Cannon: Very noticeable during the fights against the Royal Guard. Pop could end the fight with a single spell, but the others have to protect him and give him the chance to use it.
- Heroic Self-Deprecation: Even after overcoming his inferiority complex, he basically keeps viewing himself as the weakest and most disposable member of the main party. It causes problems as he constantly pulls dangerous suicidal stunts.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: The "jerk" part is directly related to his lack of confidence.
- Made of Iron: Even without specific combat training, Pop has survived things that would kill most normal people.
- Magic Staff: His weapon of choice.
- The Smart Guy: His second mentor explicitly tells him that every group needs a level-headed schemer to survive, and that he has to become his group's one.
- Squishy Wizard: Out of all of Dai's team, Pop packs the most power but is the most vulnerable to a hit. Dai and Crocodine aren't human and can tank hits, Hyunkel with his armor has the highest defense of the team and Leona and Maam can heal. Mitigated when he becomes a Sage and learns healing spells.
- Surpassed the Teacher: Surpasses both Avan and Matoriv.
- Team Dad: If the name wasn't a giveaway. Pop acts as the voice of reason and caution for his more reckless and Hot-Blooded team members. He also pulls a lot of Papa Wolf moments, protective as he is of Maam, Dai and Merle.
- Took a Level in Badass: Goes from a slightly incompetent magician to a very competent magician, to inheriting the "Archmage" title from Matoriv, to easily destroying Vearn's ultimate attack, just to mess with him with two fingers.
Voiced by: Mina Tominaga (Japanese/1991 series), Mikako Komatsu (Japanese/2020 series), María Fernanda Morales (Latin American Spanish),
- All-Loving Hero: As much as Dai. She's the first person to feel compassion for Hyunkel (and other villains), she delivers multiple cool down hugs. There's a reason she's the soul of charity.
- Action Girl: One of the strongest front-line fighters of the team.
- Anime Chinese Girl: Her appearance as a fighter is exactly this stereotype.
- Badass Adorable: She's very strong physically, but the main strength of her soul is "charity".
- Bare-Fisted Monk: After Taking a Level in Badass.
- Boobs of Steel: Both Maam and Leona are pretty well endowed but Maam's tend to be more obvious, partly because she wears tighter clothes.
- Chromatic Arrangement: Pink, both in hair and outfits.
- Cute Bruiser: Outside of battle she's a cute, gentle and caring girl.
- The Gunslinger: Until her gun breaks.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Mostly towards Pop, who really likes teasing her.
- Kung-Fu Wizard: Maam can use both healing spells and martial arts. She also combines the two to make her attacks more devastating.
- Sleeves Are for Wimps: Her monk outfit.
- She's Got Legs: Her monk outfit and armor don't include pants of any sort.
- Team Mom: Expecially towards Hyunkel. She also can't (yet) return Pop's love because she feels like a mom/older sister to everybody on her team.
- Tomboy: Strangely, this is more pronounced before she actually becomes a fighter.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: The Tomboy to Merle's Girly Girl.
- Took a Level in Badass: Went from being The Gunslinger to a full on Action Girl.
- Tsundere: To Pop.
Voiced by: Aya Hisakawa (Japanese/1991 series), Saori Hayami (Japanese/2020 series)
- Bling of War: Somehow appropriately, since she's more a leader than a fighter.
- The Chick: Out of the five disciples, she specializes in healing spells and anti-evil spells instead of physical combat, which also makes her the weakest in that regard.
- A Child Shall Lead Them: Is the official ruler of her country after the death of her father.
- Combat Medic: Since healing spells need her to touch the target, she needs to be on the front line.
- Damsel in Distress: During the Flazzard arc, and when she gets captured by the core of the Vearn Palace.
- The Face: As a very charismatic leader (she's basically a mini-Flora), Leona serves as this in several situations.
- Fille Fatale: She tries to use her charms to get what she wants in several situations.
- Magnetic Hero: Leona is very charismatic and she often uplift the spirits of her people and teammates through inspiring speeches.
- Plucky Girl: Probably the most positive and upbeat of the five disciples. She has to be, since her role is The Heart and The Face of the group.
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: She does her best to unite the forces of the main kingdoms against the demon army, and fights on the front line during the last assault.
- Tsundere: To Dai, at the very beginning.
- White Mage: Is the healer and support of the group. She even know very powerful resurrection magic.
- Zettai Ryouiki: She often wears a miniskirt with long socks.
Voiced by: Hideyuki Hori (Japanese/1991 series), Yuuki Kaji (Japanese/2020 series)Former leader of The Undead Knights Regiment, a legion of soldiers who have transcended death. He lost his parents when he was just a baby, but was taken in by an undead soldier. He held a grudge against Avan, whom he believes killed his father. He became his pupil under the pretense of killing him, but failed. He was then taken in by Myst-Vearn who brought him up to be a general in the army. In truth, his adopted father's murderer was in fact Hadlar, and learn this fact, he left the army to join Dai.
- The Atoner: Is ordered by Princess Leona into becoming this post HeelFace Turn.
- Bishōnen: The most good-looking of the heroes.
- Blade on a Stick: After losing his Cool Sword, he retrains himself from scratch as a lancer.
- Casting a Shadow: Has learned to manipulate dark energy from Myst-Vearn, though he eventually stops using this skill.
- Cool Sword: At the beginning, he's mainly a swordsman.
- Defeat Means Friendship: Both on the defeating and defeated end of this.
- Determinator: Every main character in the series is pretty much this, but of note is his first use of Grand Cross, converting his full store of fighting spirit into offensive power as a last stand, and nearly draining himself to death. This left him in a very precarious position, ripe for the killing by an Evil Gloating Hadler pointing out he doesn't even have the energy left to move, but the very last dregs of his fighting spirit managed to will his sword into Hadler's heart, dealing him a lethal wound (though Death Is Cheap in Hadler's case). Hadler acknowledges his Determinator credentials with his dying breath.
- Driven to Villainy: First by his father's death, then by Myst-Vearn's training.
- Happily Adopted: His father was a pretty nice guy, for a skeleton.
- HeelFace Turn: Post Defeat Equals Friendship.
- Honor Before Reason: Hyunkel falls into this occasionally. He insists on taking out Baran's subordinates in a fair fight and uses a spear even though he's much more effective with a sword.
- The Lancer: Post HeelFace Turn.
- Master Swordsman: Lon Berk mentions that Hyunkel would be his equal with a sword and that he's hobbling himself with a spear.
- Not So Different: Even when they're enemies, Dai can't bring himself to hate Hyunkel because of this.
- Spikes of Villainy: His first armor.
- Tin Tyrant: Before HeelFace Turn.
- White Hair, Black Heart: Before HeelFace Turn.
- Wouldn't Hit a Girl: His Pet the Dog moment before his HeelFace Turn has him treat Maam respectfully.
Former leader of the Hundred Beast Regiment, a tribe of complete abominations, wielding unfathomable power. After having been defeated by Dai and Pop's teamwork, he is inspired by Pop's courage and joins the party.
- An Axe to Grind: His main weapon.
- Blood Knight: Likes to fight a worthy opponent.
- Boisterous Bruiser: Post HeelFace Turn.
- The Beastmaster: Was the leader of the Beast Army.
- The Big Guy: Post HeelFace Turn.
- Can't Catch Up: After his HeelFace Turn he's Dai's strongest ally. By the finale, the rest of the main team has surpassed him by far, though he's still a solid fighter.
- Defeat Means Friendship: Has an HeelFace Turn after being defeated by Dai.
- Eye Scream: Due to Dai's attack.
- Gentle Giant: Post HeelFace Turn. More assertive than average, though.
- Honor Before Reason: By far, the most honorable of the Six Generals.
- Large Ham: Especially in the anime.
- Manly Tears: Very often, expecially when Hyunkel is involved.
- Monster Knight: A crocodile knight that values honor.
- Nice Guy: He develops several Odd Friendships after his HeelFace Turn.
- Noble Demon: Before his HeelFace Turn.
- Scars Are Forever: After Dai scarred his face.
- The Worf Effect:
- He's strong, but always loses to relevant opponents... except Zaboera.
- Even his axe gets routinely cracked or destroyed to show just how tough the opponent's defense is.
Voiced by: Hideyuki Hori (Japanese/1991 series), Takahiro Sakurai (Japanese/2020 series)
- The Ace: At the beginning, he's considered the best at everything. Subverted at the end, since every single one of his disciples has become way stronger than him in his or her speciality.
- Back for the Finale: He disappears for most of the main plot... but just before the final battle, the heroes discover he was Not Quite Dead.
- Beware the Silly Ones: He hides his intelligence and his skills behind his goofiness.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: He's extremely competent in pretty much everything, and does his best to not show it.
- Crazy-Prepared: He always seem to have the right magic item with him.
- Disney Death: His Heroic Sacrifice against Hadler is the climax of the first real Plot Arc. Turns out, he wasn't dead at all.
- The Dreaded: Is this to Vearn and Kill-Vearn, and many of their underlings.
- To put things in perspective : Vearn's first order to Hadler in the plot was explicitely to kill Avan, before starting anything else, and Hadler getting rid of him was judged enough of a worthy accomplishment that he was granted a consequential Power-Up.
- When Hadler screwed up killing Avan's disciples several times, and commiting a major screwup with his plotting to keep his position, and not disclosing vital information such as Dai being a Dragon Knight, eventually leading to Baran's (the strongest General by far) betrayal and potential threat towards Vearn, he is on the verge of a You Have Failed Me scenario, yet Vearn still commends Hadler's achievement in killing Avan, considering it worthy enough that he grants him a final chance and an eventual pardon. For Hadler, defeating Avan was the gift that kept on giving.
- When it is revealed that he actually did not die at all, everyone in the room observing the scene goes dead silent, including the usually wise-cracking Kill-Vearn, who promptly switches to a no-nonsense mindset, going after him relentlessly, undergoing Evil Make Over to drive the point home that he is taking him very seriously after getting his smiling mask broken, and pulling every nasty trick in the book to try to get rid of him for good, because he is THAT unpredictable. THIS is how feared he is by Vearn and his associates, as a mere human.
- Eccentric Mentor: Being a Bunny-Ears Lawyer and The Mentor at the same time, he ends up as this.
- Gratuitous English: Part of his Obfuscating Stupidity.
- Gratuitous French: Part of his Obfuscating Stupidity.
- Happily Married: Implied at the end: he is shown ruling Carl with Flora.
- Hero of Another Story: He was the hero who defeated Hadler the first time. At the time of the story, he's the mentor.
- Heroic Sacrifice: He uses a suicide spell to try to protect his disciples from Hadler. Subverted: it is later revealed that he survived the blast.
- Magic Knight: Very proficient in both physical combat and various kinds of magic.
- Master Swordsman: He has no superhuman strength, speed or endurance, but he does have absolutely flawless technique.
- Mentor Occupational Hazard: He's forced to sacrifice himself before he can complete Dai's training. Subverted: he actually survived and went into hiding.
- Nerd Glasses: Given to him by Flora. They help him hide his intelligence.
- Not Quite Dead: Normally, the Megante spell kills the user. Without knowing, Avan had just the right magic amulet to survive it.
- Obfuscating Stupidity: He likes to keep his skills and intelligence hidden, for various reasons.
- The Paladin: Fights for good? Check. Swordmanship skills? Check. Use of defensive White Magic? Check! Avan's a more eccentric version but fits the archetype nevertheless.
- Passing the Torch: To his disciples and their allies.
- Red Is Heroic: His standard outfit.
- Scary Shiny Glasses: Occasionally when he's about to get serious.
- Senseless Sacrifice: He gives his life to kill Hadler, but the latter survives the attack with no major damage. Subverted in that he survived the blast as well.
- Supreme Chef: When he's not fighting demons or chasing butterflies, he's teaching the castle cooks how to cook.
- Taking You with Me: Tries this on Hadler, but it fails. Subverted in that he survives as well.
- Trickster Mentor:
- He'd rather make his disciples figure out how to use new skills themselves than explain them the details.
- One of the reasons he doesn't tell Dai and Pop he's not dead is that he thinks they would subconsciously rely on him and stunt their own growth.
- 100% Adoration Rating: Nobody is ever shown disagreeing with her.
- Balcony Speech: Needed to bring humanity to raise again when Dai seems dead and all hope seems lost.
- The High Queen: A strong, dignified and determined woman.
- Lady of War: When necessary, she can bring out her whip and kill some monsters.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: She does everything she can to support the heroes, aware they are the only ones that can actually defeat Vearn.
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: While the heroes fight on the front line, she helps gather all the remaining forces of humanity.
- Took a Level in Badass: In the prequel story, she leaves everything to Avan. In the present, she actively contributes to saving the world.
- Tsundere: Makes a couple of passive aggressive comments at Avan when she sees him again, as he's been avoiding her for years.
- Whip It Good: Her weapon of choice. She can defeat a lot of weak monsters in a single strike.
- The Woman Wearing the Queenly Mask: She's actually very shaken from Avan's death, but she can't let it show.
- The Alcoholic: He's very rarely seen without a good bottle of wine.
- Loners Are Freaks: He doesn't have many friends because of his snarky and abrasive nature.
- Pointy Ears: They show his demonic nature.
- Scars Are Forever: He lets Myst-Vearn scar him as punishment for insulting Vearn.
- Ultimate Blacksmith: He created every ultimate weapon in existence except for the Demon Dragon Sword, which was created by the Gods.
- Weapon of Choice: He's one of the best swordsmen in history.
- The Archmage: His official, in-universe title.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: Almost as much as Avan.
- Cast From Hitpoints: Some of the spells he used when he was younger. It's taken a dramatic toll on his health as he grew older.
- Cool Old Guy: He's basically the strongest mage ever, but his age prevents him from using too much magic power. Even with his limitations, he saves the day several times.
- Dirty Old Man: The first thing he does after meeting the heroes is trying to feel Maam up.
- Nice Hat: His hat is almost as big as himself.
- Sadist Teacher: His teaching style is quite different from Avan's, and way more effective if the student is Pop.
- Bare-Fisted Monk: His signature style.
- Brilliant, but Lazy: He tries to appear as this, though he probably went through Training from Hell in the past.
- Cool Shades: He's never seen without his small sunglasses.
- Cool Old Guy: Even when he's not fighting, he helps the heroes by giving them ideas.
- Old Master: He's even called "the martial arts legend" in-universe. His age doesn't let him fight for long, but he compensates with experience.
- Paper-Thin Disguise: Covered himself with a bedsheet as a disguise. No one is fooled.
- Cast from Hit Points: He can make his Aura Sword extremely powerful... at the cost of his own life.
- Determinator: He manages to impress even Dai with this, during their first fight against the Royal Guard.
- Heroic Wannabe: He thinks he's the "true hero" and Dai is a fake. He changes his mind pretty quickly.
- Hero of Another Story: It's implied that while Dai was fighting his battles, Nova was having other adventures in the North.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: He's quite the Jerkass when he first meets Dai and the others, but they're still quite impressed by his determination and willingness to sacrifice himself to save people from demons.
- Odd Friendship: At the end, he develops one of these with Lon Berk.
Demon Lord Vearn
- Asskicking Equals Authority: Most demons aren't a very obedient bunch, but they're all too scared of his power to disobey him.
- A God Am I: He is called the God of the Demon World. Though he himself is aware that he pales compared to actual Gods, and will only claim that title for himself once his plan to bring sunlight to the Demon World comes true. He is also so many leagues above everyone else, and such a Time Abyss that the difference is barely a technicality at this point.
- Beard of Evil: As a typical evil wizard, he has one of those. His old body does, at least.
- Big Bad: He created and commands the whole demon army.
- Bishōnen: When he was young, he was pretty good-looking.
- Breaking Speech: Makes it an art form, in which he deconstructs every argument used against him to break his foes' spirits, made all the more gloomy in that he is usually right.
- The Chessmaster: This line says it all:"As it is in chess, the true victor moves his pieces such that his last move cannot be discerned by the opponent until this is already too late."
- Counter-Attack: The "Tenchimatou" stance allows him to use three different techniques (Phoenix Wing, Calamity End and Kaiser Phoenix at the same time, in order to counter up to three enemy attacks. The drawback is that, afterwards, he's left open for an instant - something that doesn't happen when he uses each technique individually.
- The Dreaded: Both his allies and his enemies are afraid of his overwhelming power.
- Evil Old Folks: He's a demon who casually talks about "waiting a few centuries" for something. He keeps his young body around just in case.
- Evil Overlord: His underlings even call him "Demon Lord Vearn".
- Faux Affably Evil: He does respect his enemies and seems very laid back, but it's only because he's completely sure of his eventual victory. He's actually a Straw Nihilist and Sadist.
- A Glass of Chianti: He's almost never seen without one until the final battle.
- Horned Humanoid: Except for the horns, his body is pretty similar to a human body.
- Humanoid Abomination: If he truly has no other choice, he can turn into one of those.
- Hurl It into the Sun: The fate of his remains.
- Magic Staff: His ultimate weapon. Until he regains his young body and doesn't need one anymore.
- Might Makes Right: Basically his mindset as a demon. Combines this with a Breaking Speech when called out on being a Sadist.
- One-Winged Angel: He can use his Third Eye to turn into a crustacean-like Humanoid Abomination to defeat Dai's own One-Winged Angel.
- Omnicidal Maniac: Wants to destroy the Human World to get a glimpse of the sun for the Demon World. He comes dangerously close to succeeding.
- Orcus on His Throne: Though unlike most examples, he's able to maintain his plans and is able to show why he can sit on the throne without worry.
- Third Eye: He can use it to imprison lower-level characters inside magic pearls.
- Time Abyss: Pop points out that to Vearn, human lives have to seem like a small flash of light.
- Villainous Breakdown:
- First, when he realizes what Gome really is.
- Then, when his plan to blow up the Human Realm fails because of Gome and Dai managing to get help from basically every human in the world.
- Wicked Cultured: For an evil Omnicidal Maniac, he's quite the gentleman.
- Blood Knight: His final Power-Upgrading Deformation awakens this trait.
- Character Development: With each Power-Upgrading Deformation, he gets more and more honorable and less of a fiend that he started off as.
- Death Is Cheap:
- Played with. His first Power-Upgrading Deformation, a demonic body granted to him by Vearn, enables him to be resurrected each time he dies, though even HE did not know it NOR expect it. He faced his first death at Hyunkel's hands, going from Evil Gloating to being dealt a lethal wound by a drained Hyunkel, recognizing Hyunkel's Determinator side with his dying breath. He is notably QUITE troubled and nearly upset at being resurrected after this, and this starts his Character Development. Ultimately subverted when his power-ups end up nullifying that ability, and the fact that Hadler of all people WILLINGLY chooses this even impresses Myst-vearn and Vearn greatly, further cementing his Character Development.
- This trope prompts Hadler to greatly question his own position in the grand scheme of things, and who the hell Myst-vearn really is, since after after bringing him Back from the Dead, Myst-vearn states that only him or Vearn have the power to resurrect him.
- The Dragon: He thinks he's Vearn's Dragon but knows he's not the strongest warrior in the Demon Army, and spends his pre-Character Development screentime worrying about his position.
- Fangs Are Evil: Being a demon, it was to be expected.
- Hero Killer: The first thing he does after appearing in the story is killing Avan.
- Kneel Before Zod: After a while, he stops caring about his standing in the army and decides his only goal is defeating Avan and his disciples in battle.
- Noble Demon: After becoming kinder.
- Power-Upgrading Deformation: Ironically, he becomes nobler in spirit each time he becomes more demonic in body.
- Redemption Equals Death: A long process, but by his death he has become an honorable warrior worthy of respect.
- Shoulders of Doom: And he can also use them to fly!
- Took a Level in Kindness: With each upgrade, he becomes more honorable.
- Wolverine Claws: His primary weapon... Before switching to a Cool Sword made of Orihalcum.
- Worthy Opponent: Viewed Avan as this, and later Dai after the former supposedly died.
- Casting a Shadow: His whole combat style is based on manipulating dark energy. He actually is a bundle of dark energy.
- The Dragon: One of Vearn's most trusted underlings. He is actually Vearn's only true Dragon, and has been for millennia.
- Enigmatic Minion: Nothing was known about him except he's been Vearn's Number Two man since Time Abyss... Until it is revealed that he is a part of a complex plan to be the Soul Jar for Vearn's true body.
- Even Evil Has Standards: Finds Zaboera's methods very distasteful and makes no attempt to hide that contempt for him.
- Evil Mentor: To Hyunkel.
- Flash Step: He can be very fast, apparently even without moving his limbs.
- Grand Theft Me: His modus operandi. Invoked for Vearn, who uses Myst as a caretaker for his young frozen body.
- High Collar of Doom: A very noticeable part of his uniform.
- In the Hood: And he cannot under any circumstances remove it... Since it hides Vearn's true face.
- Living Shadow: His real body is literally made of dark energy.
- Shapeshifter Weapon: Can change his hands into swords.
- The Stoic: To the point it was rare to hear him speak at all for years. This becomes a plot point as his voice was that of the true Vearn's body.
- Yes-Man: To Vearn.
- Actually a Doombot: His body is basically a magic machine... controlled by his apparent sidekick.
- Cool Mask: Hides the fact that he is a robotic decoy for the real Kill-Vearn, the little imp on his shoulder.
- Enigmatic Minion: He's Vearn loyal follower... until he sees an opportunity for backstabbing. Vearn knows this, and accepts the challenge.
- Faux Affably Evil: Even more than Vearn: Vearn at least respects his enemies, while Kill Vearn likes to watch them struggling before they die.
- Shinigami: It's his in-universe nickname.
- Malevolent Masked Men:
- The smiling mask he wears while killing and torturing underlines his sadistic nature.
- When Avan makes him really angry, he discards his broken smiling mask and wears and angry one.
- My Blood Runs Hot: His "blood" is actually extremely hot magma from the Demon Realm.
- Professional Killer: He often states that his job is not to fight, but to kill.
- Royal Rapier: When he needs to fight one-on-one, as in his final confrontation with Avan, he uses one of these.
- Sinister Scythe: His usual weapon.
- Troll: He shows himself in front of Vearn, stating he'll be his loyal follower... while calling himself Kill-Vearn.
Leader of the Super Dragon Regiment, he's a powerful warrior with strong morals, but a burning hatred for mankind. In truth, he was the original Dragon Knight, born to deal with the threat of the last intelligent dragon Velther. Afterwards he meet Soara, the princess of Alkeed. But when her father was convinced by other humans who feared his power to execute him, Soara died tried to save Baran from it, and he promptly wiped all of Alkeed off the map. His only child was Dino, better known as Dai.
- Badass Mustache: The strongest general, and the most moustached one.
- Cool Sword: The Demon Dragon Sword, created by the gods themselves and one of the very few weapons that can withstand a Dragon Knight's Draconic Aura.
- Dragon Rider: Famous for fighting while riding a dragon, though he never does it onscreen.
- Frickin' Laser Beams: Can shoot a magic laser beam from the crest on his forehead.
- Heroic Sacrifice: He uses all his Draconic Aura in one shot to save Dai from a bomb implanted by Vearn into Hadler.
- Hero of Another Story: Prior to his FaceHeel Turn.
- Kamehame Hadoken: His most powerful spell, Doraura.
- Lightning Bruiser: Being a Dragon Knight, both his strength and his speed are at a superhuman level.
- Love Makes You Evil: The reason he joined the Demon Army is his tragic lovestory with Soara.
- Luke, I Am Your Father: One of his the most dangerous villains, and Dai's real father..
- Love Redeems: After making him evil, he's redeemed by parental love for Dai.
- Perpetual Frowner: He manages to keep frowning even When He Smiles.
- Redemption Equals Death: His redemption ends with him sacrificing himself to save Dai.
- Took a Level in Kindness: After being defeated by Dai and having discovered Vearn's true objective.
- Woobie, Destroyer of Worlds: After fighting for the world's sake for years, he decides to settle down with a wife. Unfortunately... her father didn't like his true nature and decided to kill him; but his wife got in the crossfire. So he decides to just destroy everything.
Leader of the Sorcerer Regiment, he is an ancient, small, and highly intelligent, relying on trickery to get what he wants. He does not care for anybody and regards everyone as his tools, including his son Zamza, who he used to acquire essential information on the development of Hyper Demons. He has his troops fight for him since he does not like to get his hands dirty. He hides in the shadows and will claim anyone's accomplishments as his own if it helps further his plans.
- Abusive Parents: Considers his own son no more than a tool.
- Dirty Coward: He actually takes pride in leeching off other people's accomplishments without taking risks himself.
- Evil Genius: He's the weakest general in single combat, but he knows a lot of ways to fight indirectly.
- Evil Sorcerer: He commands a legion of evil sorcerer minions.
- Evil Old Folks: The oldest general, and the most despicably evil.
- Jerkass: He's probably the most despicable character in the whole story.
- Mad Scientist: When he's not doing evil things, he's in his lab creating other evil beings.
- Manipulative Bastard: Manages to manipulate Crocodyne into accepting his help during his fight with Dai.
- Master of Illusion: He manages to get a surprise attack on Pop by disguising himself as Maam with magic.
- Miniature Senior Citizens: He can't be taller than a meter.
- No Body Left Behind: His ultimate fate after Crocodine kills him.
- Poisonous Person: He keeps several deadly poison inside his own body as a last-resort weapon.
- Smug Snake: He's very confident in his planning and manipulating ability, but he's not as smart as he thinks he is.
Leader of the Ice and Fire Demon Regiment, he was created by Hadlar using forbidden magic. His body is a combination of fire and ice and he can uses both elements to attack. Flazzard cares only for glory and winning, doing whatever to achieve it and taking no interest in fair fights.
- Ax-Crazy: Being the incarnation of a demon's lust for glory is not good for his psyche.
- Card-Carrying Villain: Is filled with the same evil spirit as Hadler before he went through Character Development.
- Evil Is Burning Hot: He's half-fire, half-ice and full-evil.
- Evil Is Petty: He likes to pepper his major villanous acts with some small villanous acts.
- For the Evulz: When he's fighting clearly inferior opponents, he toys with them and teases them.
- Flipping the Bird: To the camera (and indirectly Hyunkel).
- Glory Seeker: His whole reason of being. He doesn't hesitate an instant before almost killing himself just to win Vearn's favor.
- Hot-Blooded: Let's just say the "ice" side of his personality is somehow less visible than his "fire" one.
- An Ice Person: He's a master of both fire and ice spells. Luckily for the heroes, he can't combine them.
- Jerkass: His only emotion is his "desire to prove himself". He doesn't know what empathy is.
- Rock Monster: He's made of hundreds of little rocks.
- Put the "Laughter" in "Slaughter": He certainly seems to enjoy himself when he kills people.
- Slasher Smile: His default expression.