Characters from the roleplay DAMMED.
open/close all folders
- Disposable Vagrant: More like disposable criminal. He's there to be used if the human element is needed in their work with wild demons.
- The Team Normal: Not that they're much of a team but he's one of the few humans present who isn't super-powered and the only one living with them who is neither bonded nor has been in the past.
Buck BaileyRedshirt. He's not too happy to be there.
- Bi the Way: Likes the ladies, but is in a long-standing relationship with another man.
- Southern-Fried Genius: He's got a knack for technology that matched nicely with his electrical abilities.
Eztliwhat a total nutjob Zee was. He's allowed to roam free while his partner is safely housed and sedated elsewhere.
- An Ice Person: She can manipulate water but, coming from a polar ice cap, ice and snow is more her forte.
- Mama Bear: Has a tendency to try and mother those she cares for, which is amusing considering she's usually younger than they are.
- Sugar-and-Ice Personality: She's very affectionate among those she cares for.
- The Voiceless: For a time she didn't speak at all and communicated through body language, writing and sign language. Now she's more The Quiet One.
- Younger Than They Look: In terms of maturity, she's younger than her 48 years would suggest.
- Hairstyle Inertia: His Improbable Hairstyle hasn't changed since the start of the group and no one knows how it stays that way.
- Meaningful Name: She's a graffiti artist. Look at her last name.
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: Less now, but in the past he was quite often mistaken for a woman.
Chrysanthemum L. Donner
- Adorkable: Prone to falling out of trees, crying, hiding under chairs and getting really excited about cuddling.
- All of the Other Reindeer: How she felt in regards to her classmates back home, and now with everyone and their cool shiny demon powers.
- Apologises a Lot: Has apologized for apologizing for apologizing.
- Be Careful What You Wish For: So far this whole participating in fun science experiments thing is not going so well.
- Bread, Eggs, Milk, Squick: Her interests are cuddling, kisses, napping in trees, morgues full of dead bodies, and reading books.
- I Just Want to Be Normal: Regarding her albinism, shes not too fond of how she looks.
- Innocent Flower Girl: Played straight with her name and now with her powers. Her destiny awaits.
- Security Cling: Latches onto others like a startled koala.
- Verbal Tic: She t-t-tends t-to stutter when shes n-nervous...
- Beast Man: He keeps his horns and claws while in human form, as well as his beast mindset.
- Garden Garment: When in demon form, he can become a walking forest.
- Humans Are Bastards: He believes fiercely that all humans are blood-lusting monsters, even if they don't show it. Justified by his Aggressive Categorism, since most humans he had contact with for a long time were either hunting or deforesting, making him believe they're all like that.
- Nature Is Not Nice: Doesn't forgive people who hurt even the smallest flower.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: Used to kill humans left and right... to protect the forest he lived in, as well as its inhabitants. Still thinks that the end of the human race would be a good thing for everybody.
- Didn't Think This Through: Jared thinks that things work at the time, and then he realises later it was a bad idea.
- Genius Ditz: Jared may have a PhD and be a super genius, but he's an idiot at heart who is oblivious to everything.
- Innocently Insensitive: Sometimes not so innocently. He's a horrible guy, sometimes. Has no filter.
- Insufferable Genius: Let's just say it's hard to stomach just how arrogant he is about his own intelligence.
- Parental Issues: Let's say Jared has had his fair share of Abusive Parents, Don't Make Me Take My Belt Off, and a lot of Why Did You Make Me Hit You?.
Winter Moon TamashevskaArranged Marriage and seizing her own power. Stubborn, unpredictable, confident, and eternally annoyed with her meek partner Addule.
- Arranged Marriage: Her family signed her up for one of these at a young age, intending for her to marry the son of one of her father's business partners.
- Boarding School: She was sent to one in England for most of her late childhood and adolescence. She's got the accent as a result.
- Hair Decorations: Usually wears star-shaped hair decs.
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: She's 5'. Her partner is 6'4 and growing.
- The Kid with the Remote Control: Isn't afraid to sic her partner on people.
- Older Than They Look: She's in her mid-20s. However, she was bonded at age 19 when she still had a very child-like appearance.
- Parental Neglect: Her parents cared little for her personal wishes and preferred to foist their ambitions onto her.
- All of the Other Reindeer: He was bullied for his meekness and had a hard time keeping up with the rest of his colony, which led to his capture.
- Beware My Stinger Tail: His tail's got a venomous stinger, which he uses to great effect.
- Blow You Away: He is a wind demon, after all.
- Bookworm: Books are far easier for him to deal with than people. He doesn't care for fiction, though.
- Claustrophobia: Hates cages and finds enclosed spaces suffocating. Let's just say he was pretty traumatized from his capture.
- Hates Being Touched: Very picky about who gets to touch him.
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: He's over a foot taller than Winter.
- Nervous Wreck: Between his already skittish personality, caring for his prickly partner and his less-than-stellar environment, he's become this.
- Only One Name: And Addule isn't even his real name at that.
- Security Cling: Will hug whatever he's holding for comfort.
- Talking to Themself: Frequently does this to calm himself, always in his native language and usually when no one else is around.
- Verbal Tic: Stutters badly.
- Younger Than They Look: He appears to be in his late teens/early 20s and is actually in his 40s, but mentally he's only 14/15.
- Boisterous Weakling: Despite loving to brag about his amazing shadow powers, Sibbi is completely useless in a fight.
- Narcissist: He would honestly date himself if he could.
- Odd Couple: His romantic partner is a tiny, but very badass, 500 year old Aztec blood-bending warrior. And he's... Sibbi.
- Olympic Swimmer: Just about the only thing he's actually good at, Sibbi is basically a dolphin when in water.
- Platonic Life-Partners: He and Dalton aren't married, but they're basically married.
- Student and Master Team: Bell is his bonded demon and shadow mentor, who unfortunately has the worst student ever.
- Constantly Curious: Always. The poor demon doesn't understand very much of this human (ish) life it now has, and bonding to Owin has given it knowledge and language it doesn't know how to use. So, it will constantly ask for explanations on everything from pizza to metaphysics.
- Empathic Healer: Though, not causing itself pain in the process, as the trope suggests, Fascination instead takes on a particularly powerful emotion of its patients. This isn't usually a problem in its demon form, as it is incapable of feeling any emotion in this state- the real issue is in its quasi-human state, where it will have a proportionate emotional response to the one it is drawing out. In the case of its first experience with this, it drew out weeks worth of sadness from Ruben, and ended up mildly depressed.
- Living Lie Detector: Using it's passive empathic senses, the Fascination can usually detect what emotion a person is feeling while they talk; it often finds that humans, and sometimes demons, will say one thing, but feel another. Luckily its empath powers have been dulled quite spectacularly in the bonding process, so it can't tell exactly what someone is thinking all the time. Just strong emotions.
- My Species Doth Protest Too Much: The Spectres in general are above all cold, emotionless and calculating. They don't pay much attention to other lives, cultures, or anything else really. They seem to exist in their own floaty, magical forest world. However, there is an exception to every rule, in this case with Fascination; it gave itself a name, took active interest in humanity, and sought to use its empathic power to heal rather than hurt those it came by. This was met with some resistance from the other Spectres, who claimed that this one of their kind was sick, and obviously very mentally challenged. Its outlook went against the rest of the Spectres' morality, and it was shunned.
- Savvy Guy, Energetic Girl: Yup. Owin tends towards being somewhat more reserved than his demon partner, and since he is the only one of the two with a defined gender, he takes the male role. Fascination, on the other hand, is so full of idealistic wonder at the world that it can't help but come across as an energetic and slightly irritating little demon-child.
- Younger Than They Look: Although Fascination has the physical body structures of an adult humanoid, it is only 15 years old.