oWn (our World now)
Medic (Leader)Formerly a BLU Medic from Turbine. After he was fired, he returned to his old hospital and discovered a RED Engineer who was wrongly fired like him. Fed up with RED and BLU, the Medic swore to destroy both organizations and founded the oWn. He leads a campaign of assimilation, either recruiting the other mercenaries to his cause, or capturing them alive.
- Agony Beam: The oWn Medic's modified medigun is capable of causing a lot of pain in his victims. His glove mounted model can be a full on Death Ray.
- Assimilation Plot: Either recruit all the mercenaries into the oWn, or capture and imprison them.
- Benevolent Boss: One of the reasons the oWn Medic's forces have grown so greatly is that he genuinely cares about his recruits. He doesn't punish failures too harshly and is noticeably horrified when any of his followers are killed in front of him. He is also open to criticisms and loves to hang out with his lieutenants while off-duty. He also tries to appear friendly to his enemies after defeating them in combat before extending an invitation to join oWn.
- Berserk Button: If you're going to assassinate the oWn Medic, make sure you succeed because if you don't, he isn't going to let you just get away with the attempt.
- Big Bad
- Evil Costume Switch
- From Nobody to Nightmare: Started out as a simple, garden-variety medic.
- Rebel Leader: A villainous example.
- Shoulder Pet: Archimedes.
Robot Soldier (Lieutenant)Originally sent to Turbine to attack both sides, the prototype Soldier was destroyed by the RED Fem Scout and BLU Medic. The Medic kept his head, and later rebuilt and reprogrammed the robot to serve him.
- Co-Dragons: With the Engineer
- Flawed Prototype: He speaks more than he shoots and loves to remind his enemies that he is a robot. He would normally be so busy talking that he gets shut down forcefully before he could finish his sentence.
- Talkative Loon: The Robot Soldier never stops rambling about being a robot or making robot noises.
Engineer (Lieutenant)Formerly a RED Engineer from Turbine. He was fired when a Sniper shot took out his right arm beyond healing. He was given a robotic replacement by the former BLU Medic, and helped found the oWn. He works on just about everything within the organization from meeting new recruits to fortifying defenses.
- Artificial Limbs: Given a robotic replacement(the Gunslinger) by the oWn Medic.
- Co-Dragons: With the Robot Soldier.
- Evil Costume Switch
- Taking the Bullet: He took a Sniper shot to protect his Pyro buddy. This ends up permanently costing him his arm and his job with RED.
Pyro (Lieutenant)Formerly a RED Pyro from Turbine. After Engineer was fired while saving his life, the Pyro quit RED to stay at his side. He was recruited along with the Engineer as one of the first members of oWn
- Abhorrent Admirer: To the oWn Fem!Scout.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander
- In the Hood
- Love at First Sight: One way. Definitely.
- Psychopathic Manchild
- True Companions: He quit to stay with the Engineer, and was quick to protect him when the Medic discovered them.
Spy (Lieutenant)Formerly a RED Spy from 2fort. A star member of his team, his base saw the first attacks by the oWn, and was later recruited into their ranks.
- The Ace: Of his original 2fort team. You can see a pile of enemy intelligence in their spawn point, likely all collected by him.
- The Gunslinger: Unusual for a Spy, he's shown to be very talented with his Ambassador pistol.
- In the Hood: Post defection.
- Secret Test of Character: The Medic gave Spy an order to kill his partner Sniper. The Spy refuses, which proves to the Medic Spy is perfect for oWn, showing him a set of rules that promote challenging orders.
- Source Music: Carries a tape recorder to play ominous music during his hunts. It also has recordings of him attacking others to be used as misdirection. The tape recorder is very finicky though, and will start playing random tracks on him.
- Those Two Guys: With his fellow defectee Sniper.
Sniper (Lieutenant)Formerly a RED Sniper from 2fort. He and his ally Spy were the first to repel an oWn's early attack, but later ended up joining the new movement.
- Awesome Aussie
- The Archer
- Big Damn Heroes: Saved one of his Engineers from a Spy.
- Bond One-Liner: "I was never on your side either! Wanker!"
- Those Two Guys: With his Spy partner.
Fem!Scout (Lieutenant)Formerly a RED Fem!Scout. The Medic met her on his travels after being fired, would later recruit her into the oWn.
- Brooklyn Rage
- Character Development: She starts out just like most of the oWn mercs, being fanatically loyal to the group's cause and brutal to her opposition. However, the comic reveals that after all the invasions the group went through, she starts to soften and even seem to feel genuinely sorry for what she did to the mercs from both BLU and RED. RED Fem!Sniper, her travelling companion at that time, took notice of this change."You're maturing and you don't realize it. Good."
- Daddy's Little Villain: She considers the Medic to be a Parental Substitute and more often than not calls him dad.
- Hero of Another Story: One of the central characters of the comic series.
- Straight Gay
- Token Good Teammate: Calling any of the TF2 mercs "good" is a bit of a stretch but the oWn Fem!Scout stood out as she's noticeably more pleasant than her fellow oWn mercs. Plus, in any Cult of Personality artwork featuring oWn, she usually appears more pleasant than the rest.
Scout (Lieutenant)Formerly a RED Scout from Turbine. Tired of being overshadowed by the Femscout, he was recruited by the oWn Spy.
- Arch-Nemesis: Considers himself this to the RED Femscout.
- Brooklyn Rage
- Butt-Monkey: Nothing really seems to go right for him.
- Dude, Where's My Respect?: Even though he's the one who got the Intelligence, he's given no credit by his former team.
- Green-Eyed Monster: He was very envious of the RED Femscout getting all the attention.
- No-Holds-Barred Beatdown: On the receiving end by the RED Soldier for sabatoge, and gives one to the RED Femscout after defecting.
- Small Name, Big Ego: He's very full of himself, but has no skill to back up his boasting.
Demoknight (Lieutenant)Formerly a BLU Demo from Turbine. When the oWn invaded, the Medic revealed his identity which lead to many of the BLUs joining him, the Demonight included. After a successful invasion, he is awared an Eyelander as a new weapon. However, there's more to this weapon than it seems.
- Ascended Extra: Originally a random oWn character created solely as a parody of Randy Orton's TitanTron video, the oWn Demoknight has since been promoted into the main series and has since then been a consistent character in the chapters and trailers.
- Bear Hug: Gives the oWn Medic one once he realizes that he used to be on their team.
- Berserk Button: Calling his kilt a dress.
- Cheaters Never Prosper: He gets in a kill on the Soldier he was dueling while he was distracted. The Demo's shortly shot in the head by the RED Sniper for it.
- Defiant to the End: When cornered by oWn, he was ready to go down swinging.
- Glowing Eye of Doom: On occasion.
- Hearing Voices: The Leigon's voices specifically.
- Man in a Kilt
- Nemean Skinning: Trades his crown for a wolf pelt after being corrupted by the Legion.
- The Rival: To the RED Soldier from Turbine. They even have a rematch in a short video.
- Sanity Slippage: The Eyelander is slowing affecting him.
RED (Reliable Excavation Demolition)
Fem!Scout (Turbine)One of the two Scouts of Turbine's RED team. When trying to steal the BLU Intelligence one day, a misadventure had her befriending the BLU Medic. After he was fired and formed the oWn, she and the BLU Soldier joined their teams together to fight back.
- The Ace: Considered one of the best on her RED team.
- Family-Unfriendly Death: An oWn Heavy rips her in half in one encounter.
- Important Hair Accessory: The long rose she keeps behind her right ear.
- La Résistance: Starts one against oWn
- Tragic Keepsake: The rose she originally gave the Medic, who left it behind after he was fired.
Fem!Sniper (Badwater Basin)A Sniper roaming the world since losing her base to the invasion. Happening across the oWn Fem!Scout under attack from her own robots, the Fem!Sniper decides to save her and deliver her safely to her allies. This unintentionally ties her fate into the Legion's machinations.
- Cool Big Sis: The oWn Fem!Scout likes to think of her like this, since romance isn't an option with her.
- Enemy Mine: Briefly. Unwilling to kill a helpless target, she rescued the oWn Fem!Scout from her robot bodyguards that turned against her. When they meet again, they're on friendly terms due to this unexpected rescue and grew closer as they traveled together.
- Fire-Forged Friends: With the oWn Fem!Scout.
- Friendly Sniper
- The Hero: Of the comic series.
- My Beloved Smother: Her mom apparently doesn't approve of her sniping, finding it unladylike. This when the Fem!Sniper's the only woman in the family without a moustache.
BLU (Builders' League United)
Soldier(Turbine)The leader of the BLU Team in Turbine. He holds his team to a strict standard and refuses to allow anyone to weigh them down. It was him who got the Medic fired and thus started the oWn invasion.
- Drill Sergeant Nasty: The bio even says his nickname is "Drill Nasty".
- Irony: Soldier helped the Medic get hired onto BLU, but years later would be the reason he was fired.
- No One Gets Left Behind: While infiltrating oWn's base, he puts the mission on hold to evac the BLU Fem!Medic.
- Screw This, I'm Out of Here!: Leaves the RED Fem!Scout to the enemy as he makes his escape.
- We Used to Be Friends: Soldier and Medic were actually close at one point, Soldier even got Medic hired onto his team. But a long string of loses against RED turned him Jaded.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: A traumatic close call with a rocket has scared Drill Nasty away from ever using a rocket launcher again.
A supernatural force, in part connected to a unique Eyelander. The Legion presents itself as a force of nature, a predator against the world. With Mann Co.'s technology changing the rules, the Legion has chosen to focus their attention on killing the "shepherds" so that it can attack the "sheep" once again.
- The Assimilator: Anyone the Legion kills can be made a part of the Legion, thus rendering respawn impossible.
- Beard of Evil: Worn by the red Demoman who acts as the "face" of the Legion.
- Demonic Possession: Of any Robots that they can reach out to.
- Expy: Most everything about the Legion stems from The Wyatt Family.
- I Am Legion: The original quote is spoken of course. None of the seen Legion use a singular pronoun or name, always a collective.