A list of users in Smogon's Create A Pokémon Anime Style Battling. This list is not conclusive, and changes to the listed will be made.
Signature Pokémon: Rhydon / Carracosta
- Deadpan Snarker: akela is this in spades. Even his ham episodes are done in this manner.
- Dishing Out Dirt: akela is currently the leader of the CAP ASB Rock-type Gym.
- Gotta Catch Them All: akela's stated goal; he aims to own every Pokémon in ASB. As of this edit, he has over 250 different Pokémon.
- Incoming Ham: When someone makes a claim that is not really approvable or really silly, you better get ready for one the moment akela posts "Approving"...
- Large Ham: Whenever he approves and finds a claim that is not approvable, expect an over the top message from him. Just like the one below.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Delivers one of these to poor old Zekrom2525 every time he approves one of his claims, often in a hammy fashion. This is one of the many examples, all over making errors while trying to evolve a Charmander.
- Big "NO!": Inherited the !no script from Onion Bubs. See that section for more details.
- Big "YES!": Inherited the !yes script from Onion Bubs. See that section for more details.
- Brick Joke: With inheriting !no and !yes means inheriting this aspect of those commands as well.
- Convenient Replacement Character: ASBot is practically a replacement for Onion Bubs.
- Spiritual Successor: With Onion Bubs and its creator long gone, this is pretty much the successor to Onion Bubs. Also inherits some commands from its predecessor.
Signature Pokémon: Rotom
A Super Moderator of Smogon who decided to play ASB to become the Fighting-type Gym Leader and got the gig. As well as winning the Best of Best Tournament, which got him a Mewtwo. Sticks around for the community as well.
- Police Are Useless: Despite being of a higher authority than the regular moderators, he lets the moderators do the moderating work.
Signature Pokémon: Bisharp
- ExtraOreDinary: Complications was the Steel-type Gym Leader in ASB.
Signature Pokémon: Emolga
Co-Leader of The Legend Run (alongside Its_A_Random) and one of the current moderators in ASB. Also the current owner of The Battle Hall and a member of the Gym Committee.
A once-famous competitive Pokémon player who has long since retired and spends his time playing ASB. Currently a Project Moderator of the ASB forum and a member of the Gym Committee, Elevator Music has gained a notorious reputation for being incredibly difficult to beat. Won the ASB Battle Factory Tournament.
- G.I.R.L.: He may have used avatars of women in the past, continues to do so after the shift in forums, and have the nickname "Emma", but do not be fooled; he is a man.
- Gotta Max Them All: On a constant quest to fully develop all of his Pokémon. Currently has 33 at the time of writing.
- In Universe Nickname: Many users refer to Elevator Music as Emma or EM.
- The Ace: With thirteen badges—more than anyone else—five legendary Pokémon including the first ever successful Uber TLR run and one tournament win next to his name, it is hard to dispute this title.
- The Fair Folk: Elevator Music runs the Fairy-type gym in ASB, or will run it until giving it up to pursue the Bug-type gym position left vacant by Rediamond, only to give up completely.
Type Specialty: Dark-types
Signature Pokémon: Smeargle
Eternal Drifter entered ASB and made a name for himself in a Legend Run with only two Pokémon (a Scrafty and Audino) and stalling for a total of three months. The creator and a Co-Leader of the shaky Adventure Battles, where trainers can fight alongside their Pokémon, he is also a candidate for the Dark-type gym in ASB.
- Butt-Monkey: According to Stratos. Eternal Drifter cannot disagree; that is why he focuses on making stories instead of battling.
- Casting a Shadow: Eternal Drifter's specialty. He was also a Dark Gym candidate, but a loss to LouisCyphre forced him to concede leadership before LouisCyphre's departure. He then attempted to take the gym once more, this time facing Geodude 6, but lost again.
- Gradual Grinder: His most notable (or infamous, depending on who you ask) method of battle. He has mostly gotten out of it, even though he occasionally slips back into it. However, one success story involves him with his entry to ASB, having an Audino toxic stall a Nincada over a period of three months.
- Insistent Terminology: Gradually subverted. When he started out, he used Poke'mon instead of Pokémon but eventually grew out of it.
- The Roleplayer: According to Glacier Knight, he's got this huge story planned out, and only he knows how far it goes. Only time will tell if the story is played out to completion.
- Big Bad: Eternal Drifter is attempting to roleplay his Spritomb, Demon Lord of Destruction Itsumo, as this...
- Big Bad Wannabe: ...but in normal battles, its just a normal Spiritomb, although one with a short temper.
- Not-So-Harmless Villain: In-character, Itsumo was much more powerful than a normal Spiritomb in the battles of the Icy Forest and the Realm of the Forgotten Demon King. It took three trainers and their Pokémon working together to defeat Itsumo in the Realm. And according to Eternal Drifter, Itsumo is only starting to show his true power.
- Commuting on a Bus: Eternal Drifter's trainer himself, Walker. This doesn't really seem to bother his Pokémon too much; they seem to function relatively well in battle without him commanding them...
- Demon Lords and Archdevils: While no Archdevil has been seen, there are currently three Demon Lords on Eternal Drifter's team: Itsumo the Spiritomb, Demon Lord of Destruction, Kyofu the Tyranitar, Demon Lord of Tyranny, and Goumon the Houndoom, Demon Lord of Pain.
- Big Bad: Eternal Drifter is attempting to roleplay his Spritomb, Demon Lord of Destruction Itsumo, as this...
Signature Pokémon: Snorlax
Owner of The Battle Pike and one of the current moderators in ASB.
- The Ace: Frosty is one of the top players in ASB, having 15 badges under his belt at the time of this edit, as well as having come in second in the Lore, Legends, And More Action tournament, and having caught a legendary Pokemon.
- An Ice Person: Eventually, Frosty became the Leader of the Ice Gym.
- Green Thumb: Frosty was a candidate for the Grass-type Gym Leader. Despite winning, he gave the position to Stratos due to real life complications.
- Nonindicative Name: It is very ironic that a user with a name like Frosty once led ASB's Fire-type gym, only to quit so he can go for the Ice-type gym.
- Playing with Fire: After passing up the position of Grass-type Gym Leader, Frosty became the Fire Gym Leader, before stepping down to try his hand at the Ice Gym.
- Put on a Bus: Frosty initially left mid-2011 with a dislike for how policy was run.
- The Bus Came Back: He returned a year later and has stayed ever since.
Signature Pokémon: Talonflame
- Rules Lawyer: Fairly notorious for giving referees headaches over obscure rulings and whatnot. Expect him to do this at least once in every match he participates in.
Signature Pokémon: Gardevoir / Kitsunoh
- Alt-itis: Is known to have many different nicknames on IRC, and occasionally will have these alts talk to each other in chat. Hilarity Ensues. Unless you are Its_A_Random.
- Commuting on a Bus: Does this a lot as of late.
- Team Mom: As one of the few active females, she is known to occasionally give out the Motherly advice up on request.
- TheSmurfettePrinciple: The only female on ASB, currently. She was not, however, the first.
Signature Pokémon: Blaziken / Greninja
fite me irl
- Butt-Monkey / The Scrappy: He on many occasions forgets to post in battles he is in or referee the matches he agreed to ref. This draws the ire of many users to such a degree that he was even banned from refereeing gym matches.
- Casting a Shadow: Geodude 6's former specialty. Was the Dark-type gym leader before being booted for inactivity.
- Catch-Phrase: More recently: fite me irl
- Playing with Fire: Geodude 6's specialty. He became the Fire-type gym leader after Frosty resigned.
Signature Pokémon: Gallade
Signature Pokémon: Gliscor
- Big Brother Is Watching: Every line on IRC, he will see, even when he is not online. Through the use of channel logs created by a bot.
- Deadpan Snarker: Its_A_Random is known for having very dry wit and has a tendency to snark often.
- Dishing Out Dirt: Its_A_Random's specialty. He is also the leader of the CAP ASB Ground-type Gym.
- Emoticon: Has a strong tendency to use -.-' in his posts or on IRC... -.-'
- In Universe Nickname: Commonly referred to as IAR (especially on IRC) though he uses his full username.
- Insistent Terminology: Go on, tell him how to spell words like armor the right way. Odds are he will snark back or kick you.
- Poke the Poodle: Or in his case, Poke the Geodude 6. Geodude just being near him tends to result in this.
- Running Gag: A couple of recent ones:
- The Chessmaster: Its_A_Random has managed to calculate out entire Normal Mode raids before they even happen including expected time of victories in the past and carried those plans out to success, most notably the Shaymin and Pyroak encounters. Even minor bumps did not stop him from not carrying out those plans (with a willing partner) move for move.
- Verbal Tic: Expect anything he writes to have all the 'and's removed and replaced with ampersands (&). Later subverted when he started talking normally.
- This was once taken Up to Eleven with one of his old Ground-type gym arenas, where anything with an 'and' in its name was more powerful, from individual Pokémon to moves to abilities to certain items.
Signature Pokémon: Bastiodon
Signature Pokémon: Absol
A returned Gym Leader and participant in the first Team Tournament, LouisCyphre is a trainer specializing in the Dark-type. To our knowledge, he has no relation to THAT Louis Cypher.
Signature Pokémon: Primeape
- Catch-Phrase: Yolol, a combination of Yolo (You Only Live Once) and LOL (Laughing Out Loud). Mostly used to annoy others.
- Cloud Cuckoolander: Progressively became one of these.
- Hipster: Matezoide is infamous for using Pokémon no one else uses and being successful. He did not make the finals of a Tournament for nothing. Only a few of the Pokémon he uses has become cool since.
- The Roleplayer: Like The Wanderer, Matezoide roleplays each of his Pokémon and his trainer in battle.
Signature Pokémon: Cinccino
Leader of Adventure Battles.
- Non-Elemental: Maxim's specialty. He's the Normal-type Gym Leader in CAP ASB.
- Running Gag: Whenever a user is not fulfilling their duties in a timely manner, it is said that said user is "pulling a Maxim." Even he admits this.
- Too Dumb to Live: Maxim had one of these when participating in an explorative RP with fellow users akela and Rainman Legends. There was a branch just sitting there waiting to be taken and surrounding bushes. The three had been alerted to by akela's Pinsir that there was a slight stir in the bushes indicating an obvious trap. Surely you should disarm the trap first? Instead, Maxim went in and took the branch anyway, springing a trap that made running away next to impossible and got the whole team eventually killed as a result. At least he had the decency to forfeit before it actually happened.Two rounds of being destroyed by wild Pokémon later...Maxim: When did this place start kicking my butt?! Screw this, even if we manage to beat these two the boss is going to murder us. I'm out of here.Rainman Legends: So we can agree that Maxim is a dolt for doing this, whatever.
- Running Gag: Who is Mowtom? Explanation
- Big "NO!": Part of its !no script, where it simulates a man falling off the cliff no by going on for eternity until hitting the ground.Onion Bubs: Never, not in a million years, absolutely not, no way Jose, no chance Lance, nyet, negatory, mm-mm, nuh-uh, uh-uh! And of course my own personal favourite of all time, man falling off of a cliff: NNNOOOOOOOOOoooooooo.......
- Big "YES!": Part of its !yes script, where it simulates a man winning the lottery yes by going on for eternity until running out of breath.Onion Bubs: Always, yes in a million years, absolutely so, yes way Jose, yes chance Lance, dah, affirmitive, mm-hmm, yuh-huh, uh-huh! And of course my own personal favourite of all time, man winning the lottery: YYYEEEEEEEEEssssssss.......
- Brick Joke: When Onion Bubs finishes the !no or !yes script.
- Cartoon Bomb: Onion Bubs has a lot of bombs at its disposal though they are only used to play its !bombgame.
- Catch-Phrase: In addition to the above two:
- "Onion Bubs is in da house!" - Its typical greet.
- "Ouch, that hurt." - In response to being kicked from the chat.
- "Hey, that's my line!" - If someone typed ... pff or ... sss before it could.
- "I give x a y out of 10 right now." - When asked to rate something through the !rate command.
- "Yo x, y wants you in #channel so get on over there!" - When asking someone to get over to a specific channel.
- "BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM! The bomb explodes in <user>'s face. ^_^" - When Onion Bubs' bomb detonates on someone in its !bombgame.
- Game Within a Game: Its !bombgame, an IRC game that involves passing around a bomb until it explodes.
- Killed Off for Real: After ASBot replaced Onion Bubs, poor old Onion Bubs started showing signs of dying before this happened.
- Shout-Out: Onion Bubs was named after a Homestar Runner character.
Signature Pokemon: Tomohawk?
- Blow You Away: P2X7 was the leader of the Flying-type gym before he was removed for inactivity.
Favorite Pokémon: Dragonite
Type Speciality: Water-types
- Catch-Phrase: Several, often mentioned every time he goes on IRC:
- "!recap" - Due to his bad connection he will use this bot command to find out what he missed while he was disconnected.
- "Anyone flash?" - Always looking for a fight when he comes on IRC.
- "DC Check" - Justified since he suffers from a bad internet connection.
- In Universe Nickname: Often referred to as "Solid John" because of his being generally slow to post in matches he is involved in.
- Making a Splash: S0L1D G0LD was the Water-type gym leader in ASB before being booted for inactivity.
- Running Gag: Many people have difficulties tagging S0L1D G0LD, so they usually do not bother tagging him properly. akela once typed Solid Fuck You instead of tagging him.
Signature Pokémon: Colossoil
One of the current project moderators in ASB. Was known as Pwnemon before he got a name change. Winner of the ASB Team Tournament (alongside smashlloyd20 and jas61292).
- Cluster F-Bomb: His reaction to a challenger winning a Bronze Rank Battle Pike with him refereeing was to yell FUCK roughly 2287 times in a row in the same paragraph as well as some self-deprecation full of expletives.
- Green Thumb: Stratos was once the Grass-type gym leader of CAP ASB. He left in January 2015 due to burnout.
- Catch-Phrase: "Hi ASB!"
- Commuting on a Bus: Seems to do this a lot of late. One commute even resulted in him giving his prize for the aforementioned tournament to the runner up: Matezoide until he came back.
Signature Pokémon: Metagross
- Extra-ore-dinary: tavok specializes in Steel-types and is currently running the Steel-type Gym.
Signature Pokémon: Garchomp
Former Policy Leader and former moderator of ASB. Was the Dragon-type Gym Leader until he gave it up due to real life issues.
- Berserk Button: Rivalry was this in the past. Most users who challenged his gym deliberately brought Female Pokémon to take advantage of his Male Haxorus. Then someone brought a Nidoking to his Gym which has Rivalry. And it made the difference resulting in a KO to one of his Pokémon before it could use a Combination Attack. Texas' reaction? He raged and then hotfixed Rivalry to have no effect because it is a "fucking bullshit ability". This was later changed to just making the ability have no debuff.
- Instant Awesome: Just Add Dragons!: Texas Cloverleaf was the Dragon Gym Leader of ASB. Then he quit for personal reasons...
Signature Pokémon: Lucario
- The Roleplayer: The Wanderer roleplays what each of his Pokémon say, as well as what each of the trainers of said Pokémon (AND several non-trainers actions when he is refereeing).
- Loads and Loads of Characters: Thanks to all of his Pokémon and non-Pokémon characters, most of which are regulars in his battle and referee posts, he manages to fulfill this trope.
Signature Pokémon: Swampert
Signature Pokémon: Gengar
Creator of the ASB Raid Zone, also the leader of the Ghost-type Gym in ASB.
- Every Tournament He Fizzles Out: For a strong player, his tournament record is appalling. Eliminated in the first round every time until the Sharing is Caring (Kinda) Tournament when he made... the second round. And the second round in ASBuddies. He then competed in LLAMA where he finished last in his pool with a 1-2 record, continuing the trend.
- Gradual Grinder: zarator is infamous for being the first player to use a stall team in a TLR. His first TLR ended in him barely winning with a capture at the last feasible moment.
- Soul Power: zarator's type specialty lies with the Ghost-type in ASB. He even serves as the Ghost-type Gym Leader.
- The Maker: zarator created the ASB Raid Zone.
- The Roleplayer: When he does battle himself, he often takes on the persona of either Ghetsis or Shauntal.
- Butt-Monkey / The Scrappy: His general misinformed mind and slow learning tends to really draw the ire of the majority of the userbase, even from newer members unaware of the fact. The recipient of many a "The Reason You Suck" Speech, he seems to be universally disliked, even the super patient. It even got to the point where he was forcibly forum-banned for a time. Time will tell whether or not he will be able to shake this tag off.
Athenodoros, Avnomke, Canis Majoris, C$FP, Deck Knight, Engineer Pikachu, Flamestrike, Galladiator, Glacier Knight, Imanalt, MK_Ultra, Mulan15262, Ragnarokalex, Rediamond, VirajVora
- An Ice Person: Glacier Knight specialized in the ice type when not advancing his stories. He was even a canidate for the Ice-type Gym.
- Big Creepy-Crawlies: Rediamond was once the leader of the Bug-type gym.
- Butt-Monkey: Galladiator's main defining trait was his knack for constantly losing battles, occasionally through incredibly contrived ways.
- Lampshaded in his user profile from before the Generation 6 shift, where his "Loss" column contains an infinity symbol.
- Crazy-Prepared: During the Water-type qualifiers where it was decided who would become ASB's Water-type Gym Leader, Athenodoros wrote out a substitution that covered a lot of possibilities of what his opponent might do. However, shortly afterwards, such substitutions became illegal.
- Dishing Out Dirt: Deck Knight specialized in Ground-types. Was a candidate for the Ground-type gym, only to lose to Its_A_Random.
- Extra-ore-dinary: C$FP's specialty. He was once leader of the Steel-type Gym in CAP ASB.
- Incoming Ham: When someone made a claim that was not really approvable or really silly, you better get ready for one the moment akela posts "Approving"...
- Large Ham: Everything has to be pretentious and over the top with Glacier.Glacier: OH FUCK I MISSED LEETHOOF NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
- Making a Splash: Athenodoros was once the Water-type Gym Leader in ASB.
- Playing with Fire: The specialties of Flamestrike and MK Ultra.
- Poisonous Person: Engineer Pikachu was the Gym Leader of the Poison-type Gym in ASB until he was booted out for inactivity.
- Put on a Bus: All of these users; only time will tell if they come back.
- The Maker: Deck Knight is the creator of CAP ASB. As such he generally acted as a Word of God before stepping down.
- Verbal Tic: VirajVora always ended his sentences with ellipses... EVEN WHEN SHOUTING... Few users in the userbase liked it...