open/close all folders
An undersized scrappy hockey upstart, beaten to death with a hockey stick on the on the eve that the U.S Hockey team wins the Olympic Gold Medal.
Tommy's older brother, a past his prime hockey player seemingly jealous of his brother.
- The Alcoholic: When he arrives to reclaim his hockey stick from Tommy, Molly could "smell the whiskey coming off the guy ten feet away"
- Big Brother Bully: Discourages his brother from joining the hockey team and drunkenly attacks him when he discovers he took his hockey stick.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: He eventually accepts Tommy joining the hockey team, even gifting Tommy his hockey stick.
Tommy's best friend since 3rd grade, an eccentric Manchild. He works as a cashier at a gift shop.
- Beware the Silly Ones: Dwight is shown to be a big goofball, cracking jokes and making strange concoctions. Later in the story, he rapes Molly Heaton and beats Tommy to death with a hockey stick in a fit of rage.
- Disproportionate Retribution: Angry that Tommy was neglecting him, he rapes Molly. When Tommy confronted him at the ink rink, Dwight beat him to death with a hockey stick.
- Moral Myopia: Is unrepentant about raping Tommy's girlfriend to get back at him, but violently flips out at Tommy when he insults him.
- With Friends Like These...: Fights with Tommy, rapes his girlfriend and murders him.
Coach of the Fishtown Dockrats and Molly's father.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: He respects Tommy enough to let him date his daughter.
Tommy's crush and the daughter of Coach Heaton.
Hockey player for the Manayunk Chieftains, Cullen was the prime suspect for Tommy's murder, but due to lack of evidence, the charges were dropped. Nevertheless, a cloud of suspicion would follow him for years. Now, eager to redeem himself in the eyes of his son Jason, Cullen approached the detectives with an alibi, backed up by his ex-girlfriend Brenda Patterson.
- Jerkass: Is quite an unpleasant guy, fighting with Tommy during a game and belittling him in the present.
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: While evil is somewhat of a stretch, seeing that he didn't kill Tommy. But despite being a general Jerkass, the reason he wanted the case reopened was to prove to his son that he was not a killer.