Second-Age Heroes | Second-Age Villains | Fourth-Age Heroes (Pillars of Equestria, Sisterhood of Magical Fillies [Dazzling Divas]) | Fourth-Age Villains (Tyrannos Pantheon, Children of Ispita, The Shadowed Ones, Tribalists, Autorists, Hydianites) | The Grand Primevals | Amaredae | Equestrian Pantheon | Breezie Pantheon | Diamond Dog Pantheon | Gremlin Pantheon | Bogolenya Deer Pantheon (Belyolen, Temnobog, The Four Terrors) | Abyssinian Pantheon | Church of the Stars (Golden Scepter) | Poenan Pantheon | Hoyklan Deer Pantheon | Elternteil Deer Pantheon | Minotaur Pantheon | Jotunn Pantheon | Tauren Giant Pantheon | Draconic Pantheon | Shinseina Pantheon | Dharmadeshvar Pantheon | Zebrafrican Pantheon | Old Orosian Pantheon | Pramanthan Pantheon | Great Skunk Pantheon | Sauropodian Pantheon | Novellus Pantheon | Unaffiliated Deities (Blue Suede Heartstrings) | Principalities of Equestria (Canterlot, Ponyville) | Sunnytown | Grittish Isles | Crystal Empire | Luchalibre | Alvslog Deer Realms | Erobreseg Deer Realms | Nordskelt Deer Realms | Abyssinia | The Storm Empire | Terran Empire (Fanged Paw, Crimson Star, Steel Barricade, Written Word) | The Changeling Courts (Spring Court, Summer Court, Autumn Court, Winter Court) | Kulesian-Mazlander Commonwealth | The Cloven Empire | Friendship Gardens | Hyrule | Machina | Neighpon | Imperium of Ponykind | Kerajaan Cahaya | Sauropoda | Hybrid Haven | Meridia | Dragonflights | Giants | Mephitidia | Mousikós | Alicorn Civilization | The Visitors | Creatures and Monsters | Historical and Mythical Characters
open/close all folders
Queen Mzazi, the Mother of All Zebras
Divine Classification: Ascendant/Elemental
Portfolio: Alchemy, Nature, Parental Deity (Zebras)
"Old we may be, neither we nor our people should be trifled with."
Ancient, wise, compassionate and powerful, Queen Mzazi is the supreme leader of the Zebra gods, and commonly referred to as the Mother of All Zebras.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: Embodies Alchemy, Nature, and Zebras; the last part is because she is their "Parental Deity".
- Big Good: She's one of the wisest, most compassionate and benevolent deities around - it's revealed that during the First Age, she personally helped the G1 "Ponyfriends" such as Oakley, Kingsley, Creamsicle, and Edgar become gods after she regained her memories and Ascended. She's also one of the oldest and mightiest deities due to how deities in the Codexverse get Stronger with Age - as a result of eons of uninterrupted growth, she's pretty capable of wiping the floor with anyone who dares to mess with her mortal children and her friends.
- Curbstomp Battle: More than capable of inflicting this owing to her age and power.
- Didn't Think This Through: Her first attempt to guide the evolution of Zebrakind in her image created the 'First Zebra' tribe, which have green manes/tails, and bright pink fur with green stripes like her. Even she admitted in hindsight this was a bad idea, considering how exposed this made them in their natural environment to all manner of predators and threats. She kept a 'First Zebra' tribe as her subjects and emissaries in her domain, however.
- The Dreaded: Most imperialistic powers currently in Zebrica - up to the Changeling Kings of the Summer Court - steer clear of her territory, knowing she's more than capable of wiping the floor with them if they mess with her and her people.
- God-Emperor: Gender-inverted; while she swore an oath of non-interference in a large majority of Zebrafrica, she rules her own personal tribe and kingdom in the middle of the country as its Queen.
- The Gods Must Be Lazy: Subverted and Justified. Despite her mortal children struggling against imperialistic powers invading and pillaging their continent (and not for the first time in Known History, either), Mzazi is unable to intervene more than she wants to because, according to her, one of the precursor Zebra civilizations ruling over much of Zebrakind in more ancient times made it "very clear how much they want me involved in their lives, in a way not so easily taken back no matter how much I wish it were not so.". That being said, she actively protects the part of the continent that she rules over and did everything she could to indirectly interfere with the imperialistic powers' attempts to conquer the continent.
- Good Is Not Soft: She's nice, but she won't hesitate to lay down the hurt to protect her kingdom and her people. In one incident, someone tried to invade her kingdom, to which she responded by annihilating their entire fleet with a lightning storm.
- Good Wings, Evil Wings: She has a color gradient on her wings that is a sign of her advanced divine age, going from pink to mint-green.
- Humanoid Abomination: Equine equivalent. While capable of assuming a 'normal' Zebralicorn form or even a mortal form to mingle with her peers or her children, her true form is that of a massive Zebralicorn who is gigantic by Pony standards, with eight wings and a pink and green mane and tail made out of lightning storms. Her wing feathers also resemble lightning. According to her, such an appearance is the result of her eons of uninterrupted growth, and Alicorns like Celestia, Luna, Cadence, Twilight and Luminiferous would also develop similarly eldritch traits at around her age. Despite her supernaturally eldritch appearance, though, she's a very benevolent goddess and highly-respected Queen, and loves her mortal Zebra children.
- Pals with Jesus: She's the "Jesus" part of the trope, with many ancient deities like Upepo, Satori, Kaldr, King Baarish, and Queen Tiara being among her closest friends. Justified, as many of them were once mortals who lived in Paradise Estate during the First Age, and knew her from when she was the mortal zebra, Zigzag. With her help, they were able to Ascend and become deities just like her.
- Rage Against the Heavens: She was on the receiving end of one, which was heavily implied to be connected to an incident involving the Empire of Zinari. According to her, her mortal Zebra children made it quite clear that they didn't want her involved in their lives in a way that couldn't be easily taken back, "no matter how much I wish it were not so". Considering how most of Zebrafrica, save for the kingdom Mzazi rules over, is constantly periled by imperialistic forces, including the Changeling Kings of the Summer Court, the mortal Zebras probably regret their ancestors' outburst by now.
- Time Abyss: One of the more notable examples; being the creator of the Zebra race, she's over four million years old. Notably, she's older than Golden Scepter, a surviving antediluvian Alicorn Emperor who is another "Antecedent"-type god and has lived even before the Known Ages. It's implied in her entry as well as the entries of the other First-Age Ponyfriends that she might be even older, considering how she as Zigzag was mentioned to have regained her memories as a goddess and returned to her divine station.
- Top God: Leader of the Zebra gods, even if informally for most.
- Weather Manipulation: Has lightning as part of her portfolio, and thus can generate lightning storms of cataclysmic power as one of her abilities. An invasion fleet heading towards her personal kingdom found this out the hard way.
- Winged Unicorn: She's what is called a "Zebralicorn", which is an Alicorn of the equine Zebra species in the Codexverse.