A to C
Classification: Ascendant/Elemental/Ethereal, Dark/Evil, Fragment of Erebus
Portfolio: Primordial Darkness, Corruption, Decadence, Amorality, Umbramancy
Rank: Divine (Tier V/Titan)/Antecedent/???
Andhera Mahaaraanee (her entry here) is the goddess of Primordial Darkness, Corruption, Decadence, Amorality, and Umbramancy, and is one of the infamous 'Fragments/Children of Erebus', making her related to the likes of Rabia, Queen of the Umbrum and the Shadowed Ones in Cervidia.
While very much a villainous goddess and a menace in her own right, her modus operandi, like her origins, are somewhat unique and unusual compare to her more malicious brethren. Yet this is perhaps is what serve to make her at least more persistent than her siblings, and given the chance, potentially more dangerous.
- Above Good and Evil: To the point that Amorality is part of her domain. Justified in part due to her age and her nature making her see morality as transient, meaningless things that are more like fashions people wear which changes with the seasons and whims of the wearers. As darkness which she embodies shrouds over all whether they are good or evil, she finds no reason why she should care. Her domain of Amorality, believed to be a natural outgrowth of her sociopathy, gives her outright immunity to at least significant resistance to attacks or effects of good or evil nature, and given her age and power allows her to protect herself from many powerful Morality-Guided Attack, as exemplified when a bunch of Poenans-aligned paladins tried attacking her and failed to use a powerful holy relic to purify her. Meanwhile, combining her other domains in Corruption and Decadence allow her to influence other beings into becoming as amoral as she is.Poenan Paladin: "What?! Why is our purification attack not working?! Is she not EVIL?!"
Andhera Mahaaraanee: "We are above transient things, you 'heroic' fools - for DARKNESS cares for NEITHER good nor evil!"
- Ancient Evil: Played With. Andhera Mahaaraanee is old enough that she predated 'Known History', but given her origins and family she may actually be one of the younger shards of Erebus who achieved sapience, compare to say the Shadowed Ones who are tens if not hundreds of MILLIONS of years old.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: She's a goddess who embodies Primordial Darkness, Corruption, Decadence, Amorality, and Umbramancy.
- The Assimilator: One of the worse fates she can do to her victims is swallowing them whole and alive in her darkness and being magically converted into shadows, allowing her to literally make them a part of her, mind, body and soul.
- Big Eater: Not necessarily a genuine need for sustenance, but her sociopathic desire for stimulation meant that she had a ravenous appetite for devouring other beings mortal, divine or otherwise for all the thrills and sensations intruding and playing with their minds and memories could provide her. Justified in that she's a goddess, whose unique physiology include things like their bodies being 'Bigger on the Inside' realms in their own right. The capabilities of her Primordial Darkness nature also allows her to magically transform those she devoured into disembodied mass of shadows that she can then assimilate into her greater darkness, giving her body practically unlimited storage capacity.
- She devoured a city's worth of her own subjects as well as revolting rebels, foreign invaders, treacherous usurpers and even demons in her service on the night she Ascended to godhood and flooded the whole burning, war-torn capital in darkness, and that was by complete accident during a Traumatic Superpower Awakening. Had she been allowed to go on the Roaring Rampage of Revenge she had planned on against her rebelling subjects and enemy maharajahs, she likely would had go on to devour everyone/everything in her kingdom and even the neighbouring kingdoms.
- Big, Screwed-Up Family: Andhera belongs to TWO of them - her mortal one with her Maharajah father's Decadent Court, and her divine one with her fellow Fragments/Children of Erebus. Apart from the possible exceptions of her parents and Skotádi, she doesn't care much for either of them, seeing them at best as useful to have around and at worst another potential meal.
- Blue-and-Orange Morality: Amorality is part of her domain and she is a sociopath, meaning that she effectively do not have a sense of Good and Evil as we understand them. Also, given how old she may be, she likely preceded morality as modern-day Ponies understood them and see them as transient and meaningless as any other, giving her another reason to not have one or care for one.
- Blood Knight: Being a sociopathic Sense Freak, one of the ways Andhera sated her thirst for excitement and stimulation during her Evil Overlord phrase is to go to war against other Rajas and Maharajas, doing it as much out of sheer bloodlust and thrill of fighting and slaughtering her foes in battle as it is to conquer and plunder more territories to sate her avarice for wealth and lust for power.
- The Caligula: Was this during her Evil Overlord phase thanks to her then unrestrained sociopathy and hedonism, taxing her kingdom to poverty for fund her corrupt lifestyles, waging costly wars for bloodlust and plunder, throwing wasteful lavish festivals for her own vanity and amusement, enslaving many to build and staff her pleasure palaces, consorting with demonic Rakshas and Asuras, etc. After it backfired on her spectacularly, she had since reined it in.
- Casting a Shadow: Comes with being a fragment/children of a dead god of primordial darkness. She even innovated her own branch of Umbramancy, which is notable for its flowing, water-like qualities. Her predatory disposition is also reflected in the predatory shadow forms that often emerge to devour those that were enveloped and drowning in her water-like darkness. She could also sense, access and control others' existence and nature through tethering into their shadows, which is how she was able to discover not only Stygian was the Pony of Shadows, but also that his Pony of Shadows persona is not entirely gone.
- The Corrupter: Is this, given it's one of her portfolios. Those who went through her corruptive mercies are either reduced to broken, obedient shells of their former selves, or become so consumed by her darkness they become twisted in both mind and body into becoming her 'Andheraksha' shadow demons.
- Decadent Court: Grew up in one and thrived in it. Thanks to her Sociopathy and Shadow-Sorcery, she had an edge over the rest of her family. When her parents passed away and everyone scrambled for the throne, she was eventually able to come up on top through no small amount of deceptions, manipulations and betrayals.
- Deity of Human Origin: Andhera is an 'Ascendant' deity despite being also a fragment of a dead primordial god. This is due to the fact that a shard of Erebus somehow found its way into her mother's womb, entered the growing fetus and fused with the tiniest spark of her soul the moment it appeared, resulting in her being already Semi-Divine when born and paving the way for her ascension much later when her true heritage finally reawakened. Incidentally, this made her one of the few members of her kin to have anything resembling a mortal childhood like Skotádi - not that it changed how she turned out, of course.
- Defiant to the End: She screamed her defiance to those trying to kill her as her self-centered tyrannical reign self-destructs and she is besieged on all-sides by rebels, invaders and usurpers. Trembling with rage at her impending doom, she declared that she would destroy them all with her power - before unleashing her awakened true nature and proceeding to do just that.Usurper: It's over! Your reign of darkness ends here!
Andhera: Darkness? You think you know what it means?! You know NOTHING! I am your queen - your GODDESS! AND FOR YOUR TREASON, I WILL DROWN YOU ALL IN MY DARKNESS!
- Demon of Human Origin: Could invoke this through her domain of Corruption, turning those she fancies on a whim into her darkness-tainted 'Andheraksha' servants after consuming, toying and pouring her essence into them.
- Doting Parent: Her royal parents loved her very much and doted on her, to the point that even though Andhera was a sociopath she found herself somewhat distraught when they died (though other reasons were involved). But it should be noted they were not nice people by any metric and spoiled her rotten, which together with Andhera's true nature turned her into The Sociopath. Their upbringing of Andhera essentially serve as a Deconstruction of the idea that being raised by loving parents automatically guarantees their children would grow up functional and heroic like in many other cases in and outside the Codexverse - her parents loved her, and it made her worse, not better. This incidentally makes Andhera a foil to her older sister Skotádi, the Darkness Primeval, who was implied to have been raised by mortals and turned out good.
- The Dreaded: Thanks in part to her being an embodiment of Primordial Darkness, her very presence makes others afraid of her on a primal level, the same way many living things are instinctively afraid of the dark. Her sociopathic tyranny and dark powers also contributes greatly to her having this reputation to her oppressed subjects and rival sovereigns even back when she was just the reigning Maharajin of her late parents' kingdom.
- Eaten Alive: Has a predatory disposition due to her sociopathy, and one of the things she does to her victims is to drown/devour them in her darkness, converting them magically into shadows and making their essence one with her.
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: Despite her sociopathy making it difficult for her to care genuinely for anyone, she apparently did have some consideration for a few others, especially those who had done her right enough. She was apparently distraught by the loss of her royal parents, which is justified in part because they had doted and spoiled her her whole life and granted her all the thrills and privileges she had desired, although the loss of their protection from rivals or consequences of her actions given the Decadent Court she lived in was also a factor.
- Evil Overlord: After her parents died and she won the throne over her squabbling siblings, she became this for a time, having nothing and no one left to restrain her sociopathic impulses. Her family's rule, already despotic and decadent, went into full-blown corrupt tyranny under her, with her doing things like plundering her own country's wealth from both poor and rich for her own expenses, waged wars against other kingdoms of Hind to sate her bloodlust and for more to rule over, enslaved many to build monuments and fill her palaces for her glory and pleasure, consorted with demons (Rakshas & Asuras alike) and cultists drawn to her evil, and killed/terrorized anyone who stood in her way. This ultimately backfired on her.
- Evil Tastes Good: Literally, at least with regard to savouring her fellow Fragments/Children of Erebus, although it's implied given her nature as a Sense Freak and Pragmatic Villainy she generally prefers eating other Evil and Depraved beings to eating Good and Virtuous beings. Not likely out of the non-existent goodness of her sociopathic heart, mind you, but more because Evil beings indulging in various Vices nets her more intense and pleasurable emotions and feelings which she likes to savour, and are less likely to outrage the good and heroic into opposing her, while other villainous beings likely don't care about their compatriots' fate and would had done it themselves given the chance.
- Fate Worse than Death: Being Eaten Alive and being assimilated mind, body and soul into her being is considered such as it gives her full access to her victims' everything, allowing her to violate their very existence for thrills and corrupt them both heart and form with her darkness to her liking. It is reversible as Andhera had been forced to give them up before, still alive, to distract her good and noble foes, but from the traumatized, terrified and tainted broken shells (or monsters) she often left them, it is not that much of a blessing.
- Foil: To not only her siblings but also other God of Evil in her beliefs and modus operandi.
- Like Ragnarokkr, she is a sociopathic deity who cares little for those she hurts and could even find sick amusement in their suffering. Unlike Ragnarokkr, she is more of an 'amoral covetous sociopath' than a 'malignant narcissistic sociopath' who is at least smart enough to rein her impulses in and reduce the amount of victims and damages she creates out of pragmatism.
- Like Iniquitous, Vicearch of Malregnar, Andhera is pragmatic in her villainy and also devours mortals and gods alike to her own ends. However, whereas Iniquitous devours others for POWER and is a Visionary Villain who direct her Evil towards higher purposes to avoid self-destructing, Andhera has no such high-minded ideals and does what she does mostly for PLEASURE, means to the mostly lower ends of her own comfort and luxury. Both, however, shares the same desires for self-preservation and thus avoid doing too much damage in ways that would attract too much opposition from good and heroic forces.
- Tying to both above, Andhera contrasts with her siblings in that she is mostly focus on satisfying her own selfish welfare in her evil/villainy and thinks terrorizing or threatening the world like her siblings do as idiotic, since such antics would eventually screw them over. Ironically, by not being as evil and villainous as her siblings does (and even helps get rid of them for her own ends), she ends up being much more persistent than many of them and in the long-term more dangerous.
- To Pokhot, the Damsel of Desire and youngest of Temnobog's Four Terrors. Like Pokhot, Andhera is a vain, pleasure-seeking hedonist who revel in all kinds of sensations, in part because they were born irrevocably tainted by some form of Evil that compel them to do so. Unlike Pokhot, depravity and Evil are not part of Andhera's domain and she does not draw any power from them, only pleasure and amusement.
- Fusion Dance: How she came to be - long ago in the distant past, a shard of Erebus fused with Andhera's soul in her mother's womb the moment the tiniest spark of it appeared, causing her to be born already Semi-Divine and contributing greatly to not only her godhood, but also her affinity for manipulating darkness and possibly even her sociopathic character.
- A God Am I: Even as a tyrannical Maharajin, she in her sociopathy more or less sees herself as one with her vanity and grandiose sense of self, and flat-out declared she is a goddess in her raging last-stand even as her rule self-destructed and enemies closed-in on all sides. Of course, as the readers already knew from the very beginning, unknown to her and everyone else she was already demigod, and did eventually ascended into a true goddess the very night her mortal reign ended.
- God of Evil: Like other villainous, evil and/or fallen deities and many of her siblings, she is this, but of a Neutral Evil bend since she is more interested in her own luxury and thrills than threatening and terrorizing the world. In fact, compared to her demigod Evil Overlord phase, she actually became less evil out of pragmatism, valuing the long-term survival and comfort that comes with not doing too much damage and attracting too much opposition. Since she's a sociopath, she probably can't even properly understand good or evil beyond a philosophical level and is incapable of caring about it.
- Has Two Mommies: Has two fathers (or mothers. It really depend on Erebus' actual gender, if Erebus even have one, that is), her biological father being the Maharajah of her homelands and her divine parent being the shard of Erebus which fused with her at the moment her soul appeared in her fetus. This is what made her both a Fragment/Child of Erebus and a Hindian Pony Princess/Maharajin.
- The Hedonist: Is solely concerned by her desire to have her own birthright - and with it all the decadent luxuries and royal privileges she enjoys - restored in some manner, not caring who or what gets in her way, not even her own kin. Decadence is even one of her domains, meaning Andhera could be empowered by moral and cultural declines and growing excess and indulgence that comes with hedonistic lifestyles.
- Best exemplified when she spend a whole day savouring the sheer amount of thrills and sensations from the entire population of her capital city that she had unwittingly devoured and made part of herself on the night of her Ascension. The entry mentions this was the first time she felt anywhere remotely sated in her existence. And she still craved for more.
- When she finally had enough of the pantheon of fellow Fragments/Children of Erebus' antics and decided to turn on them, she took her sweet time 'using them for her pleasure' after subduing them before she devoured them all. In all likelihood, she's going to enjoy herself with tormenting them and savouring their sensations as a part of her, forever.
- Her entry even officially classifies her as an 'Amoral Covetous Hedonist'.
- I am a Humanitarian: She sees nothing wrong with devouring mortals, divines and other beings alike, seeking to magically convert and assimilate them into her darkness, mind, body and soul. Unlike Vicearch Iniquitous, who does it for power and punishment over others, Andhera does this mostly for pleasure, given the sheer amount of thrills she can get from savouring and toying with their essence for her emotionally-numbed sociopathic mind.
- It Runs in the Family: It is implied that her sociopathic amorality may not be so much due to the unique circumstances of her birth and upbringing as well as her own character: Many of her fellow Fragments/Children of Erebus who she later met are stated to be just as bad if not worse in their own way compare to her, with Skotádi being marked as one of the few exceptions. The fact that Andhera - explicitly described as an amoral covetous/predatory hedonist - is one of the few Erebus-kin who have no ill-will and could even get along with Skotádi is often cited as a testament to just how dysfunctional and diabolic much of the Fragments/Children of Erebus generally are.
- Know When to Fold 'Em: Even she realized that the Hind Pantheon at her time is too ancient and powerful for her to handle, and legs it out of her homeland as soon as they found out what happened and tried to seal or destroy her.
- Lack of Empathy: She doesn't care for the thoughts and feelings of others except herself and takes a lot for her to even value another person as being anything to her beyond another servant, plaything or morsel to satiate her every whim. Justified given she's The Sociopath.
- Lady of Black Magic: In her case, Umbramancy is also part of her domain, to the point that she is the originator of one school/form of Shadow-manipulating sorcery.
- Laser-Guided Karma: Her stint as a sociopathic tyrant ultimately backfired on her, hard, as her short-sighted impulsivity ruined her kingdom and eventually made everyone so sick of it they united/rebelled against her. This nearly got her killed by usurpers, and despite having Ascended to godhood, she would still lose everything, forced to abandon her birthright and her luxurious royal life to flee, wanted by mortal and divine powers for her crimes. If nothing else, her experiences from this disastrous episode proved traumatic enough that, in spite of her sociopathy, she would learn a valuable lesson in pragmatism and restrain for her future stint as a God of Evil.
- A Lighter Shade of Black: By her own admittance, she don't go out of her way to cause death and destruction unlike her siblings except when it truly benefits her and is pragmatic enough to keep it down so she doesn't have the whole world out to get her. Ironically, this may make her even more persistent and thus likely more dangerous in the long run than her own siblings.
- Made of Evil: Made up of the shadowy essence of a dead Fallen primordial god of darkness like her other siblings, and also villainously evil (though apparently not to the same extent). It might explain why she turned out to become a sociopath.
- Meaningful Name: Andhera Mahaaraanee means 'Dark Empress' in Hindi, which is appropriate considering her nature as both Fragment/Child of Erebus and a decadent royal.
- Mind Rape: She could do this to those she devoured mind, body and soul, intruding their existence to read and experience their thoughts, memories and emotions, corrupting and playing with their very essence in her darkness, both to torment those she believe wronged her and to extract more thrills to fill the cold darkness inside of her. It had been described as being incredibly agonizing and terrifying for those she toys with, and even if she eventually lets them go they often come out of it traumatized or maddened by the experience.
- Monstrous Cannibalism: She had eaten her fellow 'Children of Erebus' for both power and pleasure and finds them very delightful in taste. The horribleness is downplayed in that God-Eating is a common occurrence in the Codexverse among divines and she is far from the only ones of her own kin who does that to each other. The first notable time she did it was also partly motivated by her own kin's antagonism and survival.
- No Honor Among Thieves: Up to Eleven with her own kin, who she is almost literally incapable of caring for thanks to being The Sociopath. The moment she got sick and tired of a Fallen pantheon of fellow Children of Erebus she was in at the time, she took advantage of their then weakened state to subdue them, use them for her own thrills and devour them all, taking control of their minions and worshippers while at it. To be fair to Andhera, they were stated to be just as bad if not worse than she is and would had done the same to her given the reason and chance.
- One-Winged Angel: Her true form is implied to be a vast, animated flood of darkness that could drown a whole city, if not a whole land, with shadowy shapes of predatory beasts swimming in it, swallowing and dissolving all that had the misfortune of being enveloped by the darkness. The first time she appeared was when she Ascended into true godhood on the night of her imminent defeat as an Evil Overlord, which resulted in her flooding her entire burning, besieged capital and devouring nearly everyone, loyal or rebel, who cannot escape the city in time into herself. Granted, she had no idea of what happened initially when she woke up the next day and did not find out until she sensed not only her divinity but also all those she had consumed, their disembodied existence struggling and squirming inside of her.
- Pet the Dog: Despite being a sociopath, she does have moments demonstrating some sort of capacity of attachment, even if they are only as much as a sociopath is even CAPABLE of.
- She seems to be fond of her Doting Parent father and mother for spoiling her with all sorts of privileges and thrills their wealth and power could provide, and was actually distraught when they finally died. Considering this is a mare who could and had brushed off tragedies of her extended family as 'boring stories', this is saying something, though other factors were involved in her reaction.
- Ironically, she is one of the least antagonistic Fragment/Children of Erebus to Skotádi, the Darkness Primeval and a Token Good Teammate among the Fragments/Children of Erebus. She doesn't even know Skotádi until she learn of her true nature from her fellow Fragments/Children of Erebus and has no reason or intention of antagonizing her like her siblings do, thinking it a waste of time/effort and outright idiotic between Skotádi's greater age and experience on top of the rest of her similarly ancient and powerful Grand Primevals adoptive family. While she does not like Andhera's sociopathic villainy herself, Skotádi appreciates at least that Andhera is not out to get her and in fact help get rid of their more malicious kin, making Andhera one of the few of her own kin who she could legitimately get along with - Which is saying something about just how dysfunctional the Fragments/Children of Erebus are as a whole.
- Pragmatic Villainy: As her quote above suggests, she is more concerned with her own comfort and prosperity when she goes about conquering, corrupting and destroying than actually threatening and terrorizing the world on the same level as her siblings and other evil deities, believing such over-ambitious shenanigans to be self-destructively idiotic and would rather live longer and avoid getting killed by other heroic forces.
- During her flight from pursuing Hind deities who want to seal or destroy her for her crimes, she pragmatically released most of those she had devoured previously as a distraction, forcing the noble deities to stop their pursuit and help those she had assimilated previously and allowing her to slip away. This shows that while she likes her power and privileges over others, she value her own existence more, and this initial pragmatism would form part of the basis for her later modus operandi, reining in her own impulses and ambitions to reduce the amount of damage and thus unwanted attention she creates.
- Really Gets Around: Owing to being a sensation-obsessed hedonist thanks to her being The Sociopath, one of the ways she gets her thrills is through intimate passion. It's noted that she had (and then discarded) a dozen lovers in one year alone, had entire palaces staffed full of slaves built for her own pleasure while she was a tyrannical Maharajin, and is even implied to have took her sweet time having her way with a whole Fallen pantheon worth of fellow Fragment/Children of Erebus (which she was a member of) after she turned on them, before she devoured them all.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: Reveling in her newfound divinity, craving for more beings to devour (for sensations to savour) and enraged at her kingdom's and rival Maharajas' attempts to overthrow her, she was about to embark on one of these which would likely see her devour all life in her own kingdom and drown all nearby lands in darkness. She was interrupted by the Hind pantheon at the time coming in to investigate the calamity, and was ultimately forced to flee when they understandably become horrified by what she had done and tried to seal/destroy her.
- Royal Brat: She was a Pony princess of a kingdom in Hind during a pre-'Known History' era of civilization, daughter of a despotic and decadent Maharajah who with her mother spoiled from birth, basically letting her have everything she want through their fabulous wealth and power and taught her to believe she can get what she couldn't have through ruthless means. This sense of entitlement contributed to her becoming The Sociopath together with her true inner nature, and getting back her royal privileges and decadent comforts in some manner still serve as a major source of her self-centered motivations today.
- Royal Harem: Andhera had entire pleasure palaces staffed with pleasure slaves during her stint as a tyrannical Maharajin in order to sate her lust, such was her need for stimulation thanks to her true nature and sociopathy.
- Screw the Rules, I Have Connections!: Inevitable given her royal status and sociopathic disposition. Spoiled Royal Brat she was, she used her status as a Maharajah's daughter to get what she wants on the few occasion her doting parents can't give it to her. When she became the Maharajin of her late parents' kingdom, this turns into Screw the Rules, I Make Them!, though this attitude ultimately backfired on her.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: Was forced to slip away when the dominant pantheon presiding over Hind at the time find out what happened to her and her kingdom and tried to seal away or destroy her, abandoning her plans to seek revenge on her rebelling subjects and rival rulers for trying to usurp her rule.
- Sense Freak: Being The Sociopath, she has numbed capacity for emotional attachment and experience, which compels her to constantly seek thrills to fill the 'cold darkness' in her heart. When she became the unfettered tyrannical Maharajin of her parents' kingdom, she was barely able to sate her desires by doing things like plundering her own subjects for their wealth in her greed, holding ruinously lavish games, celebrations and feasts to enjoy all the exotic food/drinks and excitement, indulging her lust through decadent depravity in her pleasure palaces, and waging war on other lands in bloodthirsty conquest. To note, when she discovered she had unwittingly devoured her whole city's populace during her Ascension, she literally spent a full day savouring the sheer amount of thrills, sensations, emotions and feelings that she had never been able to fully experience due to her sociopathy and even violated the very existence of those she trapped inside of her to get her more rush, gasping and howling in pure pleasure all the while. The entry text noted experiencing the sensations from up to hundreds of thousands of mortals and demons she had consumed was, up to that point, the first time she ever felt anywhere remotely fulfilled or sated. And even afterwards she would still crave for more.
- Start My Own: Finding an efficacy in Shadow magic, she learnt and practiced what she could from lore and shadowmancers that she and her minions could get her hooves on, then began experimenting and developing her own unique style. The end result is Andhera creating an entire school of Umbramancy uniquely and distinctively her own style - something that usually requires hundreds of mages, wizards and sorcerers and generations of work to build up - which is characterized by its flowing, water-like nature, which in Andhera's case are often filled with monstrous shapes. There is a reason why she embodies Umbramancy as one of her domains: She is likely one of the greatest Umbramancers on Equus.
- Shout-Out: Her author flat-out admitted in the first part's OOC disclaimer that Andhera's character design and backstory was inspired by DeviantARTist Orin331's interpretation of King Sombra's mother Rabia in her 'Umbrum Unicorn' form.
- Sim Sim Salabim: Heavily Indian (Or Hind/Hindia, in the Codexverse) themed, between her name and her main area of operation being in Hind and around the Orient. The occassions she left that region to go anywhere else is considered notable enough that the text would specifically highlight it.
- The Sociopath: Is focused solely for her own selfish interests more than anything else, giving zero consideration to the morality of her actions and caring for consequences only as far as how it might threaten her continued existence. To note: Amorality is part of her domain, emphasizing that she is almost incapable of feeling guilt or remorse.
- Time Abyss: She predated 'Known History', being born in an earlier, forgotten age of civilization in the lands of Hind. It is not known how old for certain though, with her classification being Titan or Antecedent and possibly going up. Justified in that her progenitor was an antediluvian god of primordial darkness and many of her fellow siblings are similarly ancient, such as Rabia and the Shadowed Ones.
- Tomato in the Mirror: Downplayed In-Universe example, since the readers already know the truth within the first paragraph of the entry, but she did not know she is a fragment of an ancient dead god of darkness until after she met her kin and learn of their origins. She was surprised and in fact delighted in her spoiled, sociopathic vanity at the realization she came from such a powerful and infamous being, but otherwise didn't really think much of it.
- Traumatic Superpower Awakening: Having been feeding the literal darkness of her soul with power all her life, it eventually awakened fully and allowed her ascended to godhood on the night her sociopathic tyrannical reign imploded completely from her misrule and she is on the brink of destruction from all sides by rebels, invaders and usurpers. It ended badly for everybody involved, even for her.
- Vain Sorceress: Andhera is VERY vain, being The Sociopath and a spoiled Royal Brat turned Evil Overlord turned dark goddess, and she is also one of the greatest Umbramancers in existence, being literally made up of solidified primordial shadows due to her origins and also as the founder and preeminent master of an entire school of Umbramancy.
- Adaptation Relationship Overhaul: In Steven Universe, she and Pink Diamond are heavily implied to be sisters. Here, they're biological half-sisters.
- Always Identical Twins: Maybe. She is a twin sister of Yellow Barding, though it's not yet known if they're identical or fraternal.
- Identical Twin ID Tag: She is a twin sister of Yellow Barding, though it's not yet known if they're identical or fraternal.
- Related in the Adaptation: In Steven Universe, her relation to Yellow Diamond as sisters is implied, but here as Blue Diadem, they're explicitly stated to be twin sisters. White Diamond is implied to be her mother-figure, but here she's Blue Diadem's older biological sister who had to become a Parental Substitute in place of their own mother, Silk Dawn. Silk Dawn's entry reveals that Blue Diadem is actually a being created from White Corona's traits by Silk Dawn under the belief that she is fixing her daughter's 'imperfections'.
Portfolio: Reincarnation, Balance, Fluidity, Cycles, Fate
Rank: Divine (Tier IV/Greater)
Caelum Filum (first introduced here) is the eldritch Alicorn god of Reincarnation, Balance, Fluidity, Cycles, and Fate, and is the corrupted form of Moon Ray Vaughoof/Canticum Lunae Cahaya.
After consuming a divine drug Joyous Freedom created in collaboration with Princess Voľná Láska to test him in both morals and powers, Moon Ray/Canticum ended up going on a drug trip so bad that he transformed into an eldritch deity, his mind, body, and domains warped by the sheer potency of the drug itself. Now completely stoned out of his mind, Caelum Filum has become immersed within the threads of fate, blissfully oblivious in his drugged state to how his mere presence is warping the lands around him. It took a month to stop and restore him back to normal, and the incident would be referred to as the 'Cosmic Prophet Debacle'.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: He's an eldritch Alicorn god who embodies Reincarnation, Balance, Fluidity, Cycles, and Fate.
- Became Their Own Antithesis: He's the corrupted form of Moon Ray/Canticum, who transformed into a completely stoned Eldritch Abomination by taking a powerful drug made by Joyous Freedom and Princess Voľná Láska despite being sober for three Ages (to be fair, it was out of desperation to recover from his chronic tiredness). He also became immersed within the threads of fate to the point of trying to predict everything, after three Ages of believing/preaching that one cannot possibly predict everything.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Justified. He took a drug that turned out to be so powerful, he ended up going on a 'bad trip' and transformed into a divine Eldritch Abomination. While it gave him incredible power beyond his wildest dreams, the drug left him completely stoned out of his mind, blissfully oblivious to how his mere presence is warping the lands around him.
- Eldritch Abomination: He accidentally became one after consuming a divine drug Joyous Freedom made as part of a collaboration with one of Pokhot's daughters. His eldritch nature causes him to warp the lands around him just through his mere presence, and even his domains are warped, with his precognitive powers being vastly expanded to the point where he became immersed within the threads of fate.
- Eldritch Location: As a result of his eldritch nature, his very presence would warp the area around him into something similarly eldritch.
- Expy: He's somewhat based on Kos/Kosm from Bloodborne, being otherworldly entities who, despite their eldritch natures, are worshiped by people who want their knowledge. Unlike Kos/Kosm, however, Caelum is an Ascendant mortal, and he's alive whereas Kos/Kosm is revealed to be Dead All Along, having perished long before the events Bloodborne during unknown circumstances. And unlike Kos/Kosm, who couldn't answer the prayers of her worshipers due to being dead, he actively refused to answer the prayers of his worshipers once he was turned back to normal because he felt guilty for causing so much damage in his eldritch form.
- Have You Seen My God?: After his curing and restoration back into Moon Ray/Canticum Lunae, many of his worshipers, the Cosmic Acolytes, suddenly found their prayers going unanswered, with some going to extreme lengths to bring him back. It turns out Moon Ray/Canticum Lunae did hear the prayers, but refused to answer them because he felt guilty for the damage he caused in his eldritch form. Dr. Endless Dreams helped resolve the situation by adopting some of the Cosmic Acolytes into her clergy so she can teach them how to use their eldritch knowledge for good.
- Irony: He's an eldritch god who tried to predict everything with his increased precognitive power. His entire existence came about through an unforeseen accident, in which Moon Ray/Canticum Lunae became completely stoned off his rocker after taking a divine drug that turned out to be too powerful for his Temperance-based powers to purify.
- Mad God: He's a divine Eldritch Abomination who is completely stoned out of his mind thanks to Moon Ray taking a very powerful divine drug, blissfully unaware to the damage and chaos his actions were causing.
- The Magnificent: Known as "the Cosmic Prophet".
- Meaningful Name: His name translates to "Heaven's thread" in Latin. It refers to Moon Ray's precognitive power and how his mind became fully immersed in the threads of fate after taking Joyous Freedom's drug. It also has elements of Moon Ray's Alicorn name, Canticum Lunae Cahaya ("song of the moon light"), symbolizing how he Ascended to a higher state of mind/power but became corrupted in the process.
- Mushroom Samba: The entire reason how he came into being. Moon Ray volunteered to try a new divine drug created via a collaboration between Joyous Freedom and Princess Voľná Láska, one of Pokhot's daughters, in order to test his morals and Temperance-based powers. Unfortunately, the drug turned out to be made too strong, sending Moon Ray on a drug trip so bad it warped him in mind, body and domains. The result was the eldritch and completely-stoned Cosmic Prophet, kicking off the 'Cosmic Prophet Debacle'.
- Obliviously Evil: Justified. Despite the chaos he caused during his rampage/existence, he remains completely unaware of what he's doing because he's completely stoned out of his mind. Once he is cured and restored back into Moon Ray Vaughoof/Canticum Lunae Cahaya, however, he gains awareness of his previous actions in his drugged state and starts making amends for it.
- Psychic Powers: He still has them, but they're massively enhanced/warped by his eldritch transformation. Among them is his precognition; upon becoming the god of Fate, he became fully immersed in the threads of fate, attempting to predict everything while being blissfully unaware of the damange he was causing around him.
- Seers: As a god of Fate, he still has Moon Ray's precognitive powers, but they've been vastly expanded to the point of going out of control thanks to him taking Joyous Freedom's drug. He became so immersed in the threads of fate that he starts trying to predict everything, completely oblivious to how his mere presence is warping the lands around him. His foresight ends up attracting many factions who want to exploit it; among them is his followers, the Cosmic Acolytes, who seek to record his prophetic ramblings so they can use their knowledge to shape the future, for good or ill.
- Spell My Name with an "S": In-Universe. One unnamed ex-Cosmic Acolyte mentions that he's sometimes called "Caelus", which is an alternative form of Caelum. Though said follower is, so far, the only recorded example who calls him such.
- Walking Wasteland: With his transformation into the Cosmic Prophet, his eldritch nature causes him to start warping the land around him into something similarly eldritch.
- Winged Unicorn: He's still an Alicorn, but turned into an eldritch one after taking a divine drug that was too strong for his Temperance-based powers to handle.
Portfolio: Hired Help, Staff, Bodyguards
Rank: Divine (Tier V/Titan)
Cellarius (his entry here) is the god of Hired Help, Staff, and Bodyguards, and one that is often underestimated due to both his role and portfolio.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: He's a god who embodies Hired Help, Staff, and Bodyguards.
- Battle Butler: While he's a god of Hired Help, his portfolio also includes the domain of Bodyguards, as hired help generally includes bodyguards as part of service to others. His combat ability is comparable to a war god of the same age. Despite this, he makes it a point for everyone who hires him to know that he's bodyguard, not a soldier.
- The Dreaded: While his services are highly sought after and respected, his wrath when disrespected is feared by everyone, and even malevolent deities tend to go out of their way to not enrage him.
- The Magnificent: Known as "the Divine Servant" due to his portfolio revolving around servants/staff, hired help, and bodyguards, as well as himself being frequently employed as a butler by various mortals and divines.
- Nice to the Waiter: Part of his divine duty is ensuring this trope is in play for those he patrons, himself, and his angels. Not doing so is his Berserk Button.
Portfolio: Cause and Effect, Free Will, Consequence
Choice (its entry here) is the deity of Cause and Effect, Free Will, and Consequence.
Not much is known about its true form, gender, age, or past. The only thing about it is it is very, very old, having come to being when the first lifeforms started developing the ability to choose.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: It's a deity that embodies Cause and Effect, Free Will, and Consequence.
- Catchphrase: "You/He/She have/has chosen...wisely/poorly."
- I Warned You: Warned the Changelings and Dragons they had chosen poorly to continue their racial hatred for eons, and it would come back to bite them. Needless to say, it was right, and it has no problem telling them so to their faces.
- No Biological Sex: Rather appropriately for its name and domain of Free Will, Choice isn't male or female, and changes which gender it appears as on a whim.
- No-Sell: Appropriately for its name and divine domain of Free Will, any attempt to capture or enslave Choice will fail... unless it wants to.
- Seers: Has some form of this. It seems to know every possible choice a mortal it can make, and the consequences that would result from it. Despite its ability, it would never force a mortal to make a good choice, because it would be anathema against its own purpose and existence.
- Time Abyss: While not a Grand Primeval, it's still a Primeval, and as old as sapient life on Equus, making it positively ancient.
Portfolio: Chaos, Love, Domination, Obsession, Space, Malice (Fallen, formerly)
Rank: Divine (Tier IV/Greater)
Cosmos (her entry here) is the Draconequus goddess of Chaos, Love, Domination, Obsession, Space, and Malice, and an individual who had became notorious for both the mayhem she caused at her return, and for her complex possessive relationship with Discord, for whom she would ultimately went on a mad rampage that threatened to unravel reality on Equus.
Cosmos is believed to be once a Love Goddess of a forgotten pantheon who tried to reach out and reform Discord back in his villainous days, only for him to turn it against her by seducing and corrupting her, turning her into a Draconquus like he is. Now as twisted and evil as Discord at his worst, Cosmos became obsessively in love with Discord, staying by his side and becoming his accomplice in many atrocities despite all the abuse and manipulation from the villainous Chaos serpent, and remained possessive of him even after she was sealed away in a constellation for many millennia.
Cosmos would break free of her prison in the modern day to find that her beloved Discord had reformed thanks to Fluttershy and no longer wished to be the Evil Overlord that she had fallen hopelessly for. Unable to accept that her beloved 'Darling D' had changed, she attempted to first undo the 'brainwashing' that she believed the Ponies done to him, and upon failing that, usurped his power and position in an attempt to make him love her again by 'finishing what they started' and remake the world in their image where reality and all living things are their playthings to take and break.
Ultimately defeated by the forces of Harmony in what became known as the 'Cosmos Incident', a repentant and apologetic Discord appealed to Cosmos that he really was the Discord she knew and was truly sorry for what he did to her - which finally led to Cosmos letting go of her obsessive love and realizing what she had become thanks to him. Despite doubts and distrust, Discord secured for Cosmos a chance to redeem herself and finding a new place in the world, although time will tell whether if she would ever become good again - or if she even wanted to.
(Essentially Codexverse's adaptation of Cosmos from a MLP FIM IDW Comics arc that had been since released, which means she may be subjected to revision depending on what's published)
- Abhorrent Admirer: To Discord, who no longer reciprocate her love for him because she reminds him of some of his worst sins, but she is initially too obsessive and possessive of him to care. Considering he basically did to Cosmos what the Joker did to Harley Quinn and he has grew enough conscience to genuinely regret it, that is unsurprising.
- Adaptational Heroism: Unlike her canonical self, she's a sympathetic character and ultimately makes a HeelFace Turn, and even before had far more redeeming traits.
- Affably Evil: Seems genuinely fond of the young godling Mentálne, who's currently acting as her therapist, and notably her interaction with the child goddess of psychology is where she first shows off a playful and affectionate side that was buried beneath her obsessive and depraved personality.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: She's a Draconequus goddess who embodies Chaos, Love, Domination, Obsession, Space, and Malice.
- The Assimilator: While explicitly not as extreme as other examples, she does eventually find a way to assimilate the powers of Discord and many other powerful beings during her rampage as part of her ultimate goal of gaining enough power to finally overcome the forces of Harmony and remake the world in her and her beloved Discord's image. Though fortunately as events shows this was thankfully reversible.
- It IS implied that given her domineering and possessive personality and her portfolio, this is the ultimate fate of all those who became her unfortunate victims; it's mentioned that when she's bored with them, she devours them one way or another to 'make them hers forever', implying that she traps or assimilates them inside/into her being in an expression of her ultimate domination and possession over them (She has openly admitted to have vorephile tendencies).
- Ax-Crazy: Described as an unstable, obsessive maniac. She clearly retained the 'crazy' part of her personality from canon and acts accordingly, to the point she's willing to rip apart reality to get what she wants.
- Be All My Sins Remembered: Even after getting over her obsession with Discord and accepts that he has wronged her, she still insists that they only hold him responsible for seducing her, corrupting her and abusing her while evil, and that no one lay all the evil she had committed on him. He may made her evil and manipulated her into committing evil, but she still committed many atrocities on her own initiative, and she did it because she likes doing it.
- The Big Guy: Both literally and metaphorically. Physically, she never manifests in any form smaller than Discord, her default form is apparently big enough to wrap around Canterlot castle, and at the height of her power she was taller and as long as a mountain range (all of which hints at potentially Giant heritage pre-corruption). During the the 'Final Ragnarok' arc she played a tank-powerhouse role during the various Deer Pantheons' matriarchs/queens/consorts' battle against Kunnista, especially after Temnobog undid the Restraining Bolt holding back the bulk of her powers and allow her to go all-out against the High Queen of the Shadowed Ones.
- Birds of a Feather: One theory why she eventually hooked up with Temnobog, the Bogolenya Deer god of Evil and Suffering. Due to having equally dark and depraved personalities, it wasn't hard for them to bond over something they both share.
- Co-Dragons: One of Discord's allies and rivals for his affection with Ispita the Deceiver and Discord's cousin 'Princess' Eris. Their intercine rivalry led to Cosmos getting 'Princess' Eris thrown to another dimension but also Ispita getting her sealed away by the gods fighting Discord.
- Dragon Ascendant: When she returned in the present day and found that Discord is no longer the Evil Overlord she remembers and loves, she tries to 'fill it in' for him, resulting in the 'Cosmos Incident'.
- Devoted to You: To Discord in the past and up to the 'Cosmos Incident'. Even when she usurped his power and position and tried remaking Equus into a World of Chaos, that was all for Discord.
- Have this as an explicit power as part of her portfolio: as part of over control over Obsessions, she can inflict a form of Discording nicknamed 'Fixating' which cause the victim to become delusionally obsessed with other beings or things, and one way she can gain control over them is to fixate their delusional obsession to herself.
- The Dreaded: Being one of Discord's girlfriends and accomplices in her villainous days (resulting in rivalry with Ispita) and then going full 'Emperor Joker' to make her 'Darling D' Discord love her again made Cosmos this.
- Domestic Abuse: Like Harley Quinn and the Joker, the relationship between Cosmos with Discord was full of abuse and manipulation from his end. This together with her seduction and corruption is portrayed as one of Discord's more abhorrent sins; and notably Discord does not even try to excuse his behaviour and was fully regretful and apologetic.
- Dominatrix: While her comic canon dynamic with Discord was reversed, she retained her domineering personality from comic canon to basically anyone else who is not Discord, and is even explicitly compared to this. She much more openly flaunts and practically relishes in making those she has power over subservient to her and using them to serve/satiate her every desire until she's bored or there's nothing left of them. It is not known if she dresses like one, but she most certainly could.
- Driven by Envy: Wants Discord all to herself and leads to her conflict with 'Princess' Eris and Ispita.
- Entropy and Chaos Magic: Owing to being a Draconequu, she can wield Chaos powers at a lesser level than Discord, with similar power sets considering her transformed thanks to receiving a portion of Discord's own magic. This is not the only powers she wields, however.
- Evil Is Bigger: Cosmos notably never manifest at any size smaller than Discord; her size varies ranging from only slightly bigger than Discord, to the size of mountain ranges and blotting out the sky at the height of her power. Even her default size is big enough to wrap around Canterlot Palace's central tower and hold her beloved Discord in one of her claws. This is attributed to be an expression of her domineering personality and hints at potential Giant heritage. She had outright admitted to Mentálne that she is a macrophile.
- Evil Is Petty: Described as spiteful on top of being vain, cruel, selfish and generally horrible, due to being Driven by Envy. She arranged to have Princess Eris fall out with her cousin Discord and get banished to another dimension so she could have Discord all to herself. After her reformation she hook up and slept with Temnobog partly to spite her Arch-Enemy, Ispita.
- Evil Makeover: If accounts are accurate, she was not originally a Draconequus; instead, she became one thanks to Discord's corruption. She has the exact same appearance as her canon MLP comics self, which gives off the vibe as mentioned below.
- Evil Makes You Monstrous: Her transformation into an evil Draconequus is this, having a more reptilian theme to her appearance with bits of sinister mammalian traits as her canon MLP comics self. This includes crimson reptile eyes, dragons' teeth, a cobra's hood, lizard fins, green scales on her wings, all complementing said bat-like wings, gargoyle claws, bat-like ears, mountain-goat horns and dark crimson and blue fur all over her body. Interestingly, they grew less menacing and brightens when she calms down, but becomes darker and pronounced the madder, angrier and eviler she gets.
- Evil Overlord: Tried to become this for her 'Darling D' Discord when he refused to go back to his evil ways, and managed to take it Up to Eleven.
- Evil Plan: When she failed to return Discord to his old evil self, who she loved, she decided to 'fill it in' for him by taking his power and that of other powerful beings until she is strong enough to unravel reality and remake it in their image - all for her 'Darling D', of course.
- Eviler Than Thou: Subverted in the Codexverse. Unlike in Comic canon, she's still second-rate to Discord when it comes to evil, and it was Discord who seduced and corrupted her to evil in the first place. Also explicitly outclassed by her rival Ispita, who arranged for her sealing by the other gods during the 500-years-long 'War Against Chaos'. Played straight with 'Princess' Eris, whom she arranged to fall-out with Discord and thrown to another dimension out of jealousy and personal animosity, and it's speculated in-universe she'll crush Eris in a fair fight.
- Expy: Given the author's intent to basically reverse her dynamic with Discord as it is portrayed in the comics canon, she is basically a Draconequu 'Harley Quinn' to Discord's 'Joker' instead of the other way around. Also essentially the answer to the question "What happens if Harley Quinn went 'Emperor Joker' out of love FOR the Joker?".
- For the Evulz: Made it clear after the 'Cosmos Incident' that they should only pin Discord for corrupting her and the atrocities he incited her into committing. Everything else that Discord isn't remotely involved is her own doing. She did many of those horrible things because she wanted/liked doing them; impressing her darling Discord was merely one reason among many. Heck, Malice is part of her portfolio like in canon.
- Fix Fic: Her entry is basically intended to be this for the villainous Cosmos of the MLP IDW comic canon, trying to actually make her likable and interesting while retaining her general characterization and threat she poised.
- Her canon portrayal is depicted in-universe as part of a highly inaccurate adaptation of the 'Cosmos Incident', based on a piece of misinformation believed planted by the Changeling Summer Court to humiliate Discord, who is understandbly outraged at being depicted as little more than being a smaller, weaker, inferior and subservient toy to a bigger, meaner, crazier, more powerful and generally better Cosmos. That being said, Codexverse!Cosmos thought it was Actually Pretty Funny.
- The Hedonist: Thanks to Discord, she was this, and her domineering and possessive nature made her see everyone else except Discord as subservient pets or toys for her to take and use for her pleasure. One of the reasons she hooked up with Temnobog after her HeelFace Turn was due to Temnobog having plenty of wicked, damned and demonic Asshole Victims in his realm for her to indulge depravities on together.
- Heel Realization: Her defeat and Discord's apology led to a moment of lucidity in Cosmos, leading to her breaking down and accepting not only Discord had changed and can no longer love her as before, but also that Discord had done horrible things to her and she has become a monster. While she is still pretty evil and mad, she's no longer considered a Fallen deity.
- It's All About Me: Described as selfish and egotistical, just like Discord was and still somewhat is, even after she stops being villainous. She wanted Discord all for herself and all the world for their amusement.
- Just Eat Him: Admits openly to have vorephile tendencies as part of her domineering and possessive nature, having ate her old pantheon after her transformation, consumed several other pantheons of gods lost during the 'War Against Chaos', and devoured many lands/kingdoms full of mortals and living things after she got bored playing with them. This together with her tendency to manifest in huge forms fueled speculation that her pre-corrupted self had mortal or Divine Giant heritage.
- Lack of Empathy: She lost whatever sense of empathy she once had due to her seduction and corruption by Discord, though an 'affectionate' side is starting to resurface in company of her therapist Mentálne, indicating that it's still there in some form.
- Love Goddess: The most likely account of Cosmos' Mysterious Past has her being a love goddess of a forgotten pantheon who tried to reach out and reform Discord. Unfortunately, she failed, as Discord saw through it and turned it around by seducing her instead and transformed her into an evil, monstrous being who is hopelessly obsessed with him. There are evidence to suggest this as her portfolio covers Love and she retains some powers over it, albeit now twisted into an embodiment of obsessive and profaned love.
- Love Hungry: Became this after getting over her obsessive love for Discord, which left a void in her which she desperately wants to fill, and is explicitly called a 'Love Addict'. This led her hooking up with Temnobog.
- Love Makes You Crazy: Discord seduced and corrupted her, resulting in her become obsessive, possessive maniac.
- Love Makes You Evil: Her love for Discord and transformation into a Draconequu made her just as twisted and evil as Discord is.
- Mad God: Her entries repeatedly reminds its readers that she is mad as a hatter on top of being evil. Though she is capable of moments of lucidity and is still less unreasonably insane then Queen Mab I, the one Chaos goddess who could legitimately be considered to be crazier than Discord.
- Mad Love: Given her inspiration, she is madly in love with Discord and completely obsessed with him, to the point her entire rampage during the Cosmos Incident was basically motivated by her desire to get him back and get him to 'love her' again. Even after getting over it, she still has feelings for him.
- Manipulative Bastard: While not as good as Discord, she is noted to be able to 'play someone for a fool' to suit her own ends. She caused a falling-out between 'Princess' Eris and her cousin Discord that caused the former to be thrown into another dimension. Too bad she is still outclassed by Ispita, who arranged for her sealing, and apparently both events were arranged by Changeling Emperor Blackthorn, which deprived Discord two of his most capable allies/lieutenants/partners.
- Mind Manipulation: Like her 'Darling D' Discord, is capable of a form (Maybe two) of Mind Control based on her domain over Obsession and Domination.
- Where Discord could perform 'Discording' to his victims by turning them into opposites of their true self, Cosmos can perform a form of mind control on her victims known as 'Fixation' through her Obsession domain, making them hopelessly, delusionally obsessed with beings or things of her own choosing. Notably, she can enslave other beings this way by making them 'Fixated' on herself, making them obsessed with her and do her bidding.
- Also, like in the comics, related her domain over Domination, she can turn a sufficiently mind-controlled victim into a puppet which she could control like an extension of her own body. It seems that when she's domineering, she doesn't do things half-way.
- Minion Manipulated into Villainy: What Cosmos essentially is thanks to Discord. Unfortunately for everyone, Discord did the job far too well, as Cosmos went from being a benevolent Love goddess to a frightening and domineering Dragon Ascendant who is obsessed with him.
- More Than Mind Control: Discord's seduction and corruption of Cosmos was this, and even he admitted it worked ''way'' too well. As a result Discord making her fall madly in love with him, she ended up willingly betrayed her old pantheon for him, allowed him to be changed into a Draconequus, went evil and committed many atrocities for and with him (and even on her own), and even after finally realizing and getting over her obsessive love, she still has feelings for him and can't bring herself to hate him (Though it helps Discord genuinely regrets this and apologized sincerely, which was what finally get her over it and end her rampage).
- Mysterious Past: Surprisingly little is definitively known about her past before her seduction and corruption of Discord. Even she has no clue, given how warped she has become in mind as she is in form. There are many hints in her entry as to her past self's nature, but nothing is definitively confirmed.
- Multiple-Choice Past: There are multiple contradictory accounts regarding her origins. She even paraphrased a version of Joker's famous line from Alan Moore's The Killing Joke as a Lampshade Hanging.
- Narcissist: Like Discord and many other Fallen Deities, she is described as very vain.
- Psychopathic Manchild: Even after HeelFace Turn, Cosmos remains egotistical, hedonistic and petulant like a child, just like Discord was and still is. The irony is not lost on Discord, who's now her minder on her probation.
- Reality Warper: Like Discord, Cosmos can alter reality to her whims using Chaos magic. In contrast to her canon MLP comic portrayal, due to the reversed 'Harley Quinn-Joker' dynamic, here she is actually less powerful than Discord at baseline, being at around Ispita the Deceiver and Zkaza the Destroyer while dwarfing 'Princess' Eris.
- Under the right circumstances, however, she can become even far more powerful than Discord like her canon MLP comic self. This is exhibited during the Codexverse 'Cosmos Incident', where she used one of her Obsession abilities to gain enough of a power-boost to overpower and steal Discord's powers to add to her own, and then that of several other powerful beings, all for her mad plan to take over Equus and remake it in her and darling Discord's image. It was noted in that moment she was one of the most powerful beings to ever exist on Equus and would had been able to cause enough damage to end civilization and even force The Old Gods to interfere had the heroes not been able to reverse it.
- Really Gets Around: Implied, given her domineering nature to everyone else but Discord, being a corrupted Love Goddess and being Love Hungry after getting over her possessive love for Discord. She still sleeps with her minder Discord occasionally, and is implied to also have fun with Temnobog's grown Divine children with Ispita the Four Terrors in what entry describes as 'Hedonistic depravities'. Also mentioned to like having her way with the likes of the wicked, the damned and the demonic even after her HeelFace Turn. It's telling that she is considered a rival to Ispita, who also Really Gets Around as an embodiment of Lust among other vices and very likely surpasses her on that front.
- Reformed, but Not Tamed: Shaping up to be this, as it's note that while no longer antagonistic, she's still pretty evil and mad, and opinions are that she may simply be too corrupted and too far gone to be fully restored or turn a new leaf, though given she had only recently had a HeelFace Turn, whether or not she could fully change remains to be seen.
- Considering the Deities on the side of Harmony have members or at least allies that are either mad (Discord), evil (Temnobog) or selfish (Emperor Blackthorn), and Equus running on a Balance Between Good and Evil, even if she stays evil and mad that doesn't necessarily mean she wouldn't be considered 'reformed', so long as she can stay cordial with the good guys and reserve her depravity only on those who deserve it.
- The Rival: Personally despised 'Princess' Eris and ultimately engineering a fall-out between her and her cousin Discord and getting banished to another dimension. Despite an initially flying start, both Cosmos and Ispita ultimately became this to each other for Discord's favour and affection. Ispita won the first round by getting Cosmos sealed; Cosmos eventually got a little back at her by dating and sleeping with Ispita's ex-boyfriend, Temnobog (And also befriending/sleeping with Ispita's children with Temnobog, the Four Terrors).
- Sadist: Like Discord at his worst, she was a depraved psychopath who likes tormenting mortals and warping reality for her own twisted amusement, seeing them as little more than toys to play with. Still retains this trait after her HeelFace Turn, owing to being Reformed, but Not Tamed, but only does this to those so irredeemable and monstrous no one will mind whatever she does to them, like her eventual love interest Temnobog does.
- Sense Freak: Has shades of this even in her villainous days. Notably exasperated after letting go of her obsessive love for Discord and having no focus for her obsessive, possessive personality until she met Temnobog.
- Space Master: Possess limited power over Space and related phenomena as part of her portfolio, which is surprising, and more surprisingly it isn't linked to her Chaos powers. This fueled speculation that she, or her old Pantheon, had 'Visitor' heritage or origins, whether divine or not.
- Slave Mook: Can make other beings this by 'Fixating' them and making them delusionaly obsessed with her, putting them under her domination.
- Take That!: Her entry was written in response to Cosmos of the MLP IDW comic series, which the Codexverse writers believes to be too bland and too much of a 'Villain Sue' with her intended portrayal as basically a crazier, meaner and more powerful version of Discord who is the dominant partner of their relationship.
- To Create a Playground for Evil: Her main goal in her mad rampage during the 'Cosmos Incident': to gain enough power to finally overcome the forces of Harmony and remake the world in her and her beloved Discord's image, with everyone and everything becoming their playthings for all eternity. While Discord shared that villainous motivation with Cosmos in the past, the reformed and repentant Discord don't want to do that anymore.
- Tragic Villain: Whatever her actual self was actually like, she ultimately become so obsessed with Discord because Discord seduced and corrupted her. It was to the point that she is unable to return to her original form even with help because her mind is too far gone.
- Unholy Matrimony: Was this with a villainous Discord, the Harley Quinn to Discord's Joker, though it is full of abuse and manipulation from Discord's end like that relationship. After getting over her obsessive love she eventually found a new partner with Temnobog, mutually bonding over their evil and depraved natures (And partly to spite Temnobog's own ex-girlfriend, Ispita).
- Villainous BSoD: Suffers one when defeated and Discord apologized to her for what he did to her, making her realize that Discord really had changed and can no longer love her like he used to. Leads to a Heel Realization.
- World Gone Mad: Her vision of Equus and the universe was that of a chaotic playground where everyone, and everything, exist solely as playthings for her and her "Darling D".
- World of Chaos: What she want to do to the world for herself and Discord in the 'Cosmos Incident', not caring until the end that Discord had a change of heart and didn't want to do that anymore.
- Yandere: Her defining trait is being incredibly obsessive to the person she loves (Discord), and her possessiveness of Discord served as a major motivation of her villainy, to literally reality-shattering levels. Also embodies 'Obsessive Love' as part of her corrupted domain over Love.
Classification: Ascendant, Avatar, Antipode
Portfolio: Vampirism, Undeath, Chaos, Evil, Darkness
Rank: Divine (Tier IV/Greater)
Count Dracolta, born Gifted Conquest (his entry here) is the god of Vampirism, Undeath, Chaos, Evil, and Darkness, and is a feared individual who rose to his current position through years of grief, hatred, and revenge.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: He's a god who embodies Vampirism, Undeath, Chaos, Evil, and Darkness.
- The Chessmaster: Being a highly intelligent and cunning strategist and schemer, it comes to no surprise that he was this, moving both friend and foe alike like pawns to achieve his ends. As with his inspiration, he managed to manipulate a Vampire Lord, said vampire lord's victims, his best friend, and many other people in between on his path to achieving immortality via alchemy and vampirism. He was good enough that he was able to almost match Changeling Emperor Blackthorn, the best Manipulative Bastard and The Chessmaster among the present generation of gods himself, which partly contributed to his status as one of Blackthorn's many rivals and arch-enemies. He's by no means perfect, but apart from a few minor problems and deviations everything usually goes just as he planned it.
- Expy: Of Dracula from Castlevania.
- Fatal Flaw: Wrath and Pride, as with his inspiration.
- The Magnificent: Was initially known as "the Lord of Castellmania" upon becoming a Vampire Lord and usurping his wicked predecessor, Fearsome Might, as lord of Castellmania. Later, he gained a new epithet, "the Vampire God", upon Ascending to godhood.
- Manipulative Bastard: He managed to deceive the Vampire Lord Fearsome Might into thinking the Sable Stone gives him control of not only darkness but death itself (a lie - he had an Angel of Death in his confidence, Lord Grim, who pretended to serve said vampire lord until the time was right), and persuade him into kidnapping his best friend's fiancé while writing to his best friend about it, knowing that Fair Mountain Lion would rush back home to save her and thus put him on course to eventually defeat Fearsome Might on his behalf.
- Start of Darkness: Gifted Conqueror was originally a loyal and devoted knight and lord of a medieval kingdom whose only faults was perhaps having a little bit of pride/ego and dabbling a little in alchemy. Then the sudden loss of his beloved Promised Abundance to a long and terrible illness filled him with such grief and rage over what he sees as a capricious god and natural order that he snapped, swore revenge on them, and set himself on the path to becoming first a terrible vampire lord, and then a dark god.
Portfolio: Good, Using That Meant for Evil for Good, Superego
Rank: ???, likely Primeval or Preeminent
The Cross of Fire (its entry here) is a deity of Good, Using That Was Meant for Evil for Good, and the Superego, as well as a mysterious yet completely benevolent force responsible for the rise of many heroes.
- Blue-and-Orange Morality: It should be noted it doesn't embody Good in the traditional sense most mortals see it as, but as Objective Good, which makes it view Temnobog's method of evil as a form of 'Good' it is in support of.
- Eldritch Abomination: A benevolent one: it's the manifestation of sapient good and the Superego, and manifests as a cross made of ethereal flames rather than anything identifiable a living thing.
- Embodiment of Virtue: Manifestation of the objective goodness that exists in all sapient creatures, embodying the 'Superego' of all thinking beings' psychological triad.
- The Ghost: Noted to rarely if ever manifests overtly, preferring to work in the background and empower those who battle against Evil as it sees fit. It seemed to prefer sapientkind being able to determine Good and Evil on their own accord and choose to do Good and fight Evil by their own choice.
- Good Cannot Comprehend Evil: Subverted, in contrast to its Evil Counterpart. As an embodiment of objective goodness, the Superego and the conscience of all thinking beings, the Cross of Fire needs to know what is Evil and objectively wrong in order to properly advise sapient beings faced with moral choices what is good and why they should choose good instead.
- Sentient Cosmic Force: Downplayed given it's localized to Equus, but this is what the Cross of Fire essentially behaves as, always acting in the background to empower individual and groups of heroes or just about any other being whose nature and deeds embodies objective goodness.
D to G
Portfolio: Suit Actors, Roleplay, Challenge
Rank: Divine (Tier IV/Greater)
Dark Mask (his entry here) is the Alicorn god of Suit Actors, Roleplay, and Challenge, and is an Ascendant stage actor who plays the role of a villain to motivate/test heroes.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: He's an Alicorn god who embodies Suit Actors, Roleplay, and Challenge.
- Ascended Fanboy: He grew up watching various movies and Toku programs. When he reached adulthood, he ended up becoming a suit actor for the very programs he watched as a foal, albeit as a villain who tested heroes.
- Card-Carrying Villain: Pretends to be one for young promising heroes to beat, in doing so help them train to become stronger and giving them the experience needed to overcome true evils.
- Commonality Connection: He would become friends with Prince Dissonant Tune over their preference for playing the role of a villain to test heroes.
- Dark Is Not Evil: He has a black pelt and his name is Dark Mask. A few of his roles have darkness-themed names, such as 'Dark Kaiser' and 'Shadow Emperor'. Despite this, he's a sweethearted stallion who enjoys playing the role of a villain so he could motivate heroes to get stronger.
- False Crucible: Essentially his MO: he creates a supervillain identity and fabricates a threat so he may pose as a Wake-Up Call Boss for young heroes in need of either their first real challenge to force them to grow or humble them if they're getting too full of themselves. While the battle is real and they have to defeat him fair and square, no one is in any actual danger. The key is, he's such a good actor that the heroes think they are and act as if that were the case, forcing them to put their all into fighting and defeating him, and thus improving in the process.
- Good Is Not Nice: He only plays the role of a villain, but he never makes it easy for the heroes/superheroes - the battles are very real, even if he makes sure they are never lethally so, and [WIP]
- Good Needs Evil: His reasoning for playing the villain/supervillain for heroes/superheroes: By challenging and overcoming him, heroes/superheroes become stronger and more skillful through experience, making them better at fighting more dangerous villains and threats.
- Karmic Jackpot: During the Second Age, he played the role of a supervillain, testing many heroes like the Virtuous Seven and the Shadow Sentinels in order to push them to become stronger. This earned him the attentions of Luminiferous, who saw the need for a constructive villain like him, and helped him Ascend to godhood.
- Magic Hair: Post-Ascension, his mane and tail became composed of acting energy.
- The Magnificent: Known as "the Stallion of a Million Masks", due to being a god and suit actor who has played many roles over the Ages.
- Master of Disguise: As actor, 'supervillain' and god, this is his biggest forte. He is so good in acting so many different villainous roles he got his nickname 'the Stallion of a Million Masks' even before he decides to become a 'supervillain'. Ascenion to godhood only makes him even better at it with it as one of his domains.
- Mean Character, Nice Actor: He often plays the role of a villain, but he's a theatrical, sweethearted stallion outside of it. He genuinely enjoys being the villain, and is a Nice Guy to his fans at conventions. He is also a good mentor to the heroes he tests and encourages his students after being defeated by them.
- Noble Demon: Leaning on the Noble side, given the 'Demon' part is almost entirely an act.
- The Perfectionist: His entry notes he has perfectionist tendencies, as he can be very hard himself after a bad performance.
- Red and Black and Evil All Over: Subverted. He's a black-furred Alicorn with a red mane and tail, but he plays the role of a villain to test heroes and motivate them to become stronger. Outside of his roles, he's a theatrical, sweethearted stallion who's very nice to his fans.
- Start of Darkness: Inverted. He became a villain because he felt that heroes needed a challenge to humble them and/or push them to their absolute limits. Discovering he had a Healing Factor following a special effects-related accident spurred him to become a supervillain and seek patronage from Dr. Silversmith, Sr., who provided him with the necessary resources and technology.
- Winged Unicorn: Post-Ascension, he became a black-furred Alicorn with a red mane and tail composed of acting energy.
Portfolio: Sea, Storms, Whirlpools, Sea-monsters/giants, Hunger
Rank: Divine (Tier III/Intermediate)
Díniydátis (her entry here) is the Oceanaid goddess of Sea, Storms, Whirlpools, and Hunger, and is the "Parent Deity" of various sea monsters and giants, particularly the Kharbydae.
Classification: Ascendant, Draconequus, Evil
Portfolio: Dragons, Pride, Greed, Cruelty, Fire
Rank: Divine (Greater/Titan/???)
First mentioned in a drabble, Dildraeth, the Fiery Avarice is a Draconequus of mortal Draconic origins who delight in tempting, corrupting and punishing her former kind and anyone else who acts like them for all their misdeeds, serving as the embodiment of all the evils and self-destructive consequences of Dragonkind's own greed, pride and cruelty.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: She's a Draconequus goddess who embodies Dragons, Pride, Greed, Cruelty, and Fire.
- Attack Of The 50 Ft Whatever: Being a goddess of Dragons, by default her Draconequus form is titanic, rivalling mountains in size.
- The Assimilator: Dildraeth takes a special delight in 'adding' Dragons into her 'hoard', and one way which she does so involves her absorbing some of those she devoured into her body where they would languish forever in torment, their presence as part of her shown as draconic heads frozen in screaming agony as metallic scales on the parts of her body which are metal.
- Bigger on the Inside: Standard as to gods of titanic sapients: It's mentioned that she ate a lot of Dragons and others who act like them in their greediest and cruelest, which implies this. Also justified in her possessing space/time-altering powers as a Draconequus.
- Deity of Human Origin: Was once a mortal Dragoness, but had since ascended into a dark Draconequu goddess of Dragons, Pride, Greed, Cruelty and Fire.
- The Dreaded: By the Fourth Age, Dildraeth had became such a feared monster among Dragonkind she had been portrayed as a 'Boogeymare' in all their myths and legends, a horror which would hunt down and claim/devoured/torture Dragons if they became too greedy, proud and cruel. It is implied though none of the myths and legends really do justice as to just how terrible and terrifying she is.Blacktip: I remember hearing stories of a monster who claimed, devoured and tortured Dragons who became incredibly evil, greedy, and cruel even by our peoples standards. At first I thought they were just that - stories to keep young Drakes from wandering out of their nests.
But then I remember something about myths: They are not always untrue. Sometimes, theyre just tales that dont fit neatly into the historical record. And sometimes, the reality is far, far worse than any exaggeration, distortions, mistranslations or even lies could hope to portray.
- Eaten Alive: The terrible fate of many Dragons whom she caught and judged to be too greedy and cruel (and others who act like them), assuming she doesn't enslave them to her whims. Even if she doesn't digest them and/or assimilate them mind, body and soul into her form, they are still left trapped inside her body forever, languishing in torment either way.
- Extra-ore-dinary: Implied as part of her domain of Greed she has control over precious metallic materials. Parts of her Draconequu body are made of metal, particularly on her chest and arms, which acts both armour and a part of herself.
- From Nobody to Nightmare: While being a Dragoness in itself does not exactly make her a 'Nobody', she still went from being an ordinary Draconic mortal to a particularly powerful and dreaded goddess who is an absolute nightmare to wicked Dragons and other beings like them.
- Hunter of His Own Kind: Was once a mortal Dragoness, but now she preys upon her own kind (and other non-Dragons who act like them) as an incarnation of the worst parts of their nature and their sins, most notably their Greed and Cruelty.
- Monstrous Cannibalism: Once a mortal Dragoness, she shows no aversion and even enthusiasm in preying on and eating her former kind. While she is technically no longer a Dragoness herself, she does embody Dragonkind as one of her domains.
- Playing with Fire: She has Fire as one of her domains, meaning she has pyrokinetic powers.
- Sadist: Embodying Cruelty as part of her domains, she is an absolute sadist, delightfully describing some of the ways she torture those she damned and all but showing how much she loves tormenting them.
- Shrouded in Myth: As the young Dragon historian demigod Blacktip pointed out, Dildraeth's origins and infamy is shrouded in myth and legend among Dragonkind, who understandably fears her and hope she is merely a 'boogeymare' to scare their whelps into behaving. Unfortunately, she is very real, her legends don't do her evil justice, and with the recent 'Time of Trials' affecting Dragonkind as it does everyone else, she is becoming more active once more to wreak suffering and havoc among Dragonkind.
- Soft-Spoken Sadist: Her speech about how she enjoys tormenting evil/villainous Dragons who fall into her clutches for their greed, pride and cruelty is rather unnerving in her calm but clearly sadistic tone.
Portfolio: [TBA] (Mechas? Warriors? Aces? Psykers?)
Rank: Divine (Tier IV/Greater)
- Ace Pilot: Presently and widely considered the greatest Mecha pilot currently alive and one of the greatest in Known History.
- The Dreaded: He rightly earned the title of the 'White Devil' and not without good reason, having fought the One Year War and other conflicts in the cockpit of the original Mobile Suit Gundam, is widely considered the greatest Mecha Ace Pilot presently still alive and one of the greatest in Known History.
- Expy: He's based on Amuro Ray, except he Ascended to godhood following the events of Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack.
- Humongous Mecha: His Gundams from the series. In the Fourth Age, he's built the Dream Gundam as his new machine, though this time, its his and he's free to use it however he chooses.
- Red Baron: He earned the title of the 'White Devil' on account of being the most feared and lethal Ace Pilot of the One Year War, and after his return in the 'Fourth Age' is considered by many as the greatest Mecha pilot currently alive.
- Spared by the Adaptation: Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack implies that Amuro Ray moved on to another plane of existence following his fight with Char. The Codexverse explains that he survived his fight with Char at the cost of being lost in space for some time, during which he Ascended to godhood. He would return to Equus in the Fourth Age in his rambshackle Humongous Mecha, which was barely kept together and functional through his Psychic Powers and sheer force of will.
Ebrietas (first introduced here) is a benevolent eldritch goddess that originated from the fallen city of Giernan, which was ruled/influenced by the Healing Conclave she was formerly allied with.
- Adaptational Heroism: In Bloodborne, she's implied to be a nice, or at least well-intentioned Eldritch Abomination whose actions in providing knowledge and blood became a source of misery in Yharnam due to factions like the Healing Church misusing them. Here, her heroism is made more apparent - she was manipulated by the Healing Conclave into participating in its atrocities under the belief it'll help her gain friends, but it wasn't until she met Father Wolfsbane that she realized the error of her ways and became a devout Meganian follower.
- Captain Ersatz: She's essentially her video-game counterpart from Bloodborne, but more outwardly heroic and nicer. While she still played a similar role in the corruption of Giernan/Yharnam as her video-game counterpart did, it's made more explicit that she was misled.
- HeelFaith Turn: She initially followed the Healing Conclave, actually a Corrupt Church, and played a role in Giernan's corruption because she was misled into thinking she could gain friends from it. Meeting Father Wolfsbane led to her realizing the error of her ways and converting to the Meganian faith, something that still shocks people to this day.
- I Just Want to Have Friends: She only wanted to have friends, which made her vulnerable to the insidious influence of the Healing Conclave. After Father Wolfsbane met her and helped her convert to the Meganian faith, she realized the error of her ways and left the Healing Conclave, upon which she gained true friends like Dr. Endless Dreams.
- The Magnificent: Known as "Daughter of the Cosmos", which is also her title in Bloodborne.
Portfolio: Cheating, Poor Sportsmanship, Trickery
Eephus (his entry here) is the young Griffon god of Cheating, Poor Sportsmanship and Trickery, and a rather troublesome individual who had been a source of annoyance for many.
Born from the cheating scandals that plagued sports and competition, he sows cheating and trickery among mortals; especially athletes. Loud, boisterous, and annoying; he is proof even gods can be pests.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: He's a Griffon god who embodies Cheating and Trickery, and thus sows his domains among mortals. And as the embodiment of Poor Sportmanship, his boastful and annoying personality comes from those who cheat and undermine sports for a cheap shot at victory because they think they can get away with it.
- Attention Whore: Usually shouting "LOOK AT ME!" when in combat, if he's not throwing insults and taunts.
- Batter Up!: Eephus wields a baseball and bat as his divine weapons, and loves braining his foes with them.
- Bratty Half-Pint: He's a Godling, the divine equivalent of a young child, and yet because of his malicious portfolio, he is a loud, obnoxious, and bratty kid who serves as a toxic influence to athletes everywhere and even the kids he's fond of.
- Brooklyn Rage: Loud? Check. Boisterous? Check. New York-ish accent? Check.
- Can't Act Perverted Toward a Love Interest: While Eephus can easily pick up one-night stands from mortals and demons alike, any attempt to flirt with Mist Fall (a Pegasus mare whom he has a genuine crush on) reduces him to awkward silence and nervous stammering.
- Commonality Connection: He ended up becoming friends with Dissonant Tune because the latter realized they're both products of corruption within certain aspects of the entertainment industries, like sports and music.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: For all his ego and comical overconfidence, Eephus is still a god, with all the power that entails.
- Do Wrong, Right: He considers subtle cheating "tacky", proclaiming that if one is going to cheat, they should cheat proudly and in a big way.
- Everyone Has Standards: Despite his malicious portfolio and his origins as a godling born from scandals involving underhanded sports activities, Eephus considers the Tyrannos Pantheon "a bunch of psychos", refusing to work with them (though this doesn't stop him from being genuinely attracted to Mist Fall, one of Arma's Clerics). He also likes to teach bullied children how to defend themselves... by fighting as dirty as possible and humiliating said bullies.
- Expy: His mannerisms, personality and baseball motif are very reminiscent of the Scout. They even have a love interest that they're trying to woo, yet are unsuccessful.
- Flexing Those Non-Biceps: Fond of flexing to show off his figure... but since he's so skinny it's rather unimpressive, even knowing he's a god.
- Friend to All Children: It's stated in his profile that he has a fondness for kids, and even teaches them how to deal with bullies... in the most humiliating ways possible.
- Groin Attack: Fond of this, given his love of fighting dirty.
- Inherently Funny Words: BONK!
- Intergenerational Friendship: He's a Godling, whereas his friend, Dissonant Tune, is a much older "Tier IV"-ranked god. They became friends because Dissonant realized they're both products of the deep corruption found in aspects of the entertainment industries, like sports and music. Moon Ray Vaughoof, Dissonant's adoptive father, has accepted their friendship on the condition that his son "stays within reason".
- Interspecies Friendship: He's a young Griffon god who's friends with Dissonant Tune, a "Tier IV"-ranked Alicorn Prince. They became friends because Dissonant realized they're both products of the deep corruption found in aspects of the entertainment industries, like sports and music. Moon Ray Vaughoof, Dissonant's adoptive father, has accepted their friendship on the condition that his son "stays within reason".
- I Shall Taunt You: And never shut up, either!
- Jerk Jock: And proud of it!
- Lean and Mean: Takes the form of a slender brown griffon.
- Lightning Bruiser: He's insanely fast and agile, constantly ducking and dodging every attack thrown at him as he clobbers an opponent with his bat.
- Meaningful Name: Named for an Eephus pitch: a trick baseball throw that throws off the batter with its slow speed and awkward arcing motion.
- Morality-Guided Attack: His baseball bat deals more damage the more gallant and ethical his enemy is, and he can throw a baseball that can target and track an enemy based on their moral character.
- Poke the Poodle: He sows malicious cheating among even the most beloved athletes... or just teaches kids to cheat at Rock-Paper-Scissors.
- Sherlock Scan: Eephus can use his divine sense to find quirks in the environment that help him cheat: a hole a foe can trip in and break their ankle; an odd wind current to knock a flying foe off course, and so much more.
- Small Name, Big Ego: Despite being a new/young god and having a very specialized domain, Eephus has quite the swelled head. This has gotten him into trouble many times.
- Toxic Friend Influence: Despite his genuine fondness for kids, he often teaches them things that adults would frown at, such retaliating against bullies via humiliating them, and cheating at games.
- Wowing Cthulhu: He's initially unimpressed with the idea of corruption in the music industries. He quickly changes his mind once Dissonant Tune gives him a summary of how bad it got in his time, especially once moral hysteria sets in during the fallout of War Rock's actions.
- See their page here.
Portfolio: Nature, Music, Unknown
Rank: Unknown, believed to be Primeval or potentially even Grand Primeval
The Eldest of the Wood (his entry here) is the enigmatic Deer(?) god of Nature, Music, and the Unknown, with his name coming from the fact that he is a very old entity that lives deep within the Everfree Forest for as long as anyone could remember.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: He's a Deer(?) god who embodies Nature, Music, and the Unknown.
- Expy: Of Tom Bombadil. Of note is their incredible age, and their ability to resist the temptations of power brought on by malicious magical artifacts. Whenever they don said artifacts, they're as nothing but pieces of jewelry.
- Incorruptible Pure Pureness: It's stated he can put on the Alicorn Amulet and it have absolutely no effect on him, treating it as nothing but a piece of jewelry. This is justified - as a very ancient and powerful god who is Happily Married to his wife, he has everything he could want, and thus has no need for anything else, such as the power granted by the Alicorn Amulet.
- Time Abyss: He's so old that no one knows how old he truly is. He's simply been there for as long as anyone can remember. Whether or not he's a Grand Primeval is unclear, but he's one of the oldest deities on the planet. However, if his quote is to go by, one thing's for sure - he lived before the time of Discord and his tyrannical, chaotic reign.
An extremely ancient god who was responsible for birthing all of sapient Equinekind, including the Alicorns, who became the greatest of his mortal/immortal children. He has been the central focus of worship among mortals; one in particular is legendary Second-Age musician, Blue Suede Heartstrings, who remained devoutly religious even after Ascending and becoming the Alicorn god of Music and Humility.
- Armor-Piercing Question: During his confrontation with Atlocard, he provides several Armor Piercing Responses to the Super Vampire's beliefs about him, but the biggest comes with two questions in a row that he really can't answer and ultimately leave him open to a Heel Realization.King Equus: You have companions, don't you?
Atlocard: Oh, didn't you get the memo? I hated everyone equally.
King Equus: If that is so, would you have turned your Sire and followed your master's orders, despite all the trouble you caused them out of amusement?
- Divine Parentage: He created the Thirteen Empyreans in his efforts to make Equinekind sapient, making them his 'biological' children. This means that whatever children the Empyreans themselves have are technically his grandchildren and great(s)-grandchildren, which includes Emperor Golden Scepter and his sons, the Terran Princes, who are specifically descended from Profectus Equus/Iridium Signet, one of the Empyreans.
- The Evils of Free Will: Inverted: while he acknowledges free will allows for evil and suffering to exist, he also acknowledges without it, his creations wouldn't be able to give him or each other the companionship he wanted them to.
- God Is Flawed:
- He is strongly believed by Prince Written Word to be this. Due to both witnessing his divine father's flaws up close and his own experiences with demons masquerading as "benevolent" deities, Written Word doesn't believe that Equus isn't as perfect as his worshipers make him out to be. Thus, he is utterly baffled when Blue Suede Heartstrings chooses to continue worshiping Equus despite knowing the latter is flawed. Blue explains that even if he is flawed, Equus always tries to better himself no matter what, which gives him hope that he can still be humble even when he is tempted by sin.Blue Suede Heartstrings: (to Prince Written Word) The King in Heaven might be flawed, yes, but it's likely that He always tries to be good, no matter what. And if He can try, then we can try, too. That's why I still follow Him. I might not always be humble, but the King gives me hope that I can still stay true to myself even when I am tempted.
- Clara Equus (the very first sapient Equid he ever made) later confirms this viewpoint: She has stated her creator was not perfect and made mistakes, yet stresses the fact he was a good person who genuinely cared for his creations regardless.
- He flat out tells Atlocard he's no more perfect than anyone, showing he himself is aware of this.
- He is strongly believed by Prince Written Word to be this. Due to both witnessing his divine father's flaws up close and his own experiences with demons masquerading as "benevolent" deities, Written Word doesn't believe that Equus isn't as perfect as his worshipers make him out to be. Thus, he is utterly baffled when Blue Suede Heartstrings chooses to continue worshiping Equus despite knowing the latter is flawed. Blue explains that even if he is flawed, Equus always tries to better himself no matter what, which gives him hope that he can still be humble even when he is tempted by sin.
- God Is Good: While not perfect, everyone who knows him has stated he was genuinely good and cared for his creations. Mana Equus outright states the meaning of equidkind's existence is companionship, both to Equus himself and each other. By King Equus's own admission, most of his actual orders and commandments to his creations amount to 'don't be an evil flankhole.'
- I Just Want to Have Friends: The entire reason why he uplifted all equine species; according to those who knew him closely like the Empyreans and his followers, he granted Equinekind sapience because he was the first equid to come into being as a sapient creature, and thus desired companionship. Despite being saddened by his 'children' constantly choosing to become wicked, he does not desire to make them 'perfect' followers of his will as some people believe, because to do so is to gain slaves, not friends.
- In-Series Nickname: Blue Suede Heartstrings, one of his faithful devotees, calls him "The King" or, more frequently, "The King in Heaven". The Terran Princes have also referred to him as "Great Maker" occasionally.
- The Maker: He's responsible for creating all of Equinekind by giving them their sapience. According to his first creations, the Thirteen Empyreans, Equus did this because being the first and only one of his kind was extremely lonely and he wanted not only companionship, but for his creations to seek it in each other. It is from him that the Thirteen Empyreans and their own children/grandchildren would help create various species of Equines.
- Meaningful Name: His name refers to an entire category of Equine species that includes horses, ponies, donkeys, and zebras. Ironically, as pointed out in a conversation, he actually predates that genus by millions of years, meaning it's more likely named after him.
- The Meaning of Life: This is eventually given at least for equidkind in regards to the purpose Equus had for making them: according to Mana Equus, his thirteenth creation, the answer is companionship. Both for Equus himself and one another. When Twilight tells her her friends and loved ones are the only thing she needs to be happy, Mana Equus considers that 'the right answer' and 'what it's always been about.' Thus, as far as equids are concerned, the meaning of life is 'each other.'
- The Older Immortal: He predates all other equine gods, even his first creations the Thirteen Empyreans.
- Shrouded in Myth:
- Very little is known about him for someone as consequential as he is, he whose guidance led to the rise of Ponykind itself along with all their relative/sibling species like the Alicorns. All we know so far comes from tidbits of information here and there found in other entries of him and his actions. Even information regarding what happened to him is not widely known. But one thing is certain: He was a VERY big deal, and time will tell just how big that deal is.
- While meeting with Atlocard, he flat out says a lot of people's beliefs in him are due to this trope, rather than what's actually true.
- Time Abyss: While not as ancient as the Grand Primevals, he's still extremely long-lived and powerful in his own right. He had created all of Equinekind, including the Alicorns, who would become the greatest of his mortal/immortal children.
- Winged Unicorn: When the Church of the Stars' divine members show Princess Twilight/Amicitia Sparkle their memories, Equus shows up in Golden Scepter's, appearing as a powerful and ancient Alicorn stallion with eight wings who's standing alongside Golden Scepter and Ascending Dawn. Kendell2 confirms that he is indeed an Alicorn when asked by another Codexverse writer. It's later noted, however, that he predated the equine genus by about 50 million years, and while still an Alicorn, likely more accurately resembled a bigger, taller proportioned version of the extinct Eohippus/Hyracotherium species in his true form.
Domain: Greed, Domination, Devastation
Glaurung (his entry here) is the ancient Ryujin of Greed, Domination, and Devastation, and was part of Tiamat's failed first attempts to create the Dragon race.
- Ancient Evil: The first dragon created by Tiamat period, and one of the most monstrous and evil.
- Expy: Of Glaurung, the 'Father of Dragons' from J.R.R. Tolkein's The Silmarillion, who was a creation of Morgoth. They even share the same names.
- Flawed Prototype: As Tiamat's first go of it, Glaurung lacks a 'cooling system' for his fire breath, and thus overheats if he overuses it and has to cool down by dousing himself in large bodies of water.
- Omnicidal Maniac: As Glaurung is Dragonkind's pure unfiltered greed and desire for domination incarnate, his only concern are those things and he's completely willing to wipe out all life on Equus to get it.
- Psycho Prototype: He was Tiamat's first attempt at creating dragons, but due to lacking Bahamut's balance, Glaurung is pure, unfiltered greed and desire for domination. As a result, he and his brethren nearly destroyed the world and had to be sealed away to save it.
- Super Prototype: Tiamat made him with power in mind, and thus he and his brother are in the same tier of power as she is and the Protodragons nearly wiped out all life on Equus.
Portfolio: Grieving, Mourning, Acceptance
Rank: Divine (Tier III/Intermediate)
Grief (her entry here) is the goddess of Grieving, Mourning, and Acceptance. She tends to be feared, but it's largely because of misunderstandings in regards to her portfolio, which many believe contains Loss and Depression.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: She's a (Alicorn? Draconequus?) goddess who embodies Grieving, Mourning, and Acceptance.
- Dark Is Not Evil: She typically appears as a raven-winged goddess dressed in a black hooded cloak, and when helping mortal ponies deal with their grief, she appears as a black-pelted mare with a raven for a Cutie Mark. Despite her frightening appearance, she's very understanding, empathetic, and kind, being very dedicated to helping individuals achieve emotional closure in dealing with personal tragedies.
- Five Stages of Grief: Weaponized. While she helps people go through this process in order to achieve emotional closure, much of her magic is based around this trope.
- "Denial" protects herself from all attacks by denying she's being attacked. The only drawback is that she can't retaliate while using this ability, as doing so means that she has to acknowledge that she's being attacked.
- "Anger" allows her to generate and control flames as hot as the anger of those around her.
- "Bargaining" gives people a second chance to make amends for words said and actions done in anger by summoning the spirits of their loved ones so they can apologize. Many people wrongly assume that she can resurrect dead people and have tried to make her do so in return for some personal act or sacrifice, but it's beyond even her power to do so.
- "Depression" allows her to generate and control water as if she herself is crying.
- "Acceptance" allows her to heal people by converting spiritual/emotional healing into physical healing once all spiritual and emotional wounds are healed.
- Mentor Archetype: She would become Ruby Heart's mentor after the latter became a Confessor, teaching the spectral filly the many ways of helping people achieve emotional closure and has at times behaved like a second mother figure.
- Parental Substitute: In Ruby Heart's entry, it's noted that she has behaved like a second mother figure for the spectral filly at times.
- Winged Unicorn: Her benevolence, divinity, and her raven-like wings makes people assume she's this, though others have mistaken her for a Draconequus due to her body shape, but she has neither confirmed or denied this.
H to J
Portfolio: Victory, Conquest, Power
- Anthropomorphic Personification: Embodies Victory, Conquest, and Power.
- Anti-Nihilist: In his Motive Rant, he acknowledges the possibility that everyone and everything might be meaningless, insignificant, transient and would ultimately amount to nothing in the grander scheme of things. Far from being demoralized by this, however, he believes that makes it all the more important that he and everyone else with the strength and will to triumph to make their existences worthwhile by seeking conquest, so they can make their existence worthwhile and leave behind legacies that would stand the test of time.
- Dare to Be Badass: His speech to both mortal and divine sapientkind summing up his worldview consists of him urging his listeners to rise up and conquer every obstacle in their way so that in the end, they could become better.Halosis: You must go on: Conquest beyond conquest! Even this world and all its ways are too small for those with the strength to triumph! Even with all its mysteries uncovered, all its lands brought to order, all its power yielded and wielded, still we will stand at the beginning before the immensity of time and space. If we are but small, insignificant things, doomed to born, struggle and die, then we must grab for every scrap of joy, make all the differences we can, to make our transient existences worthwhile. Yet if we can rise beyond our limitations, overcome all obstacles and reach further to become more... then the choice is clear: All that is, or Nothing. Which shall it be, I ask of you? Which shall it be?
- Large Ham: See above Rousing Speech. Likely inevitable given what he embodies.
- The Magnificent: Known as "the Lord of Triumphs".
Rank: Divine (Titan)
The god of Ignorance, and the twin brother of Want.
Portfolio: Imagination, Childhood, Closure
Rank: Divine (Tier III/Intermediate)
- Anthropomorphic Personification: She's an Alicorn goddess who embodies Imagination, Childhood, and Closure.
Classification: Ethereal/Ascendant/Noble Demon/Devourer
Portfolio: Pleasure, Pain, Lust, Love, Corruption
Rank: Divine (Tier IV/Greater)
Joyous Freedom (her entries here, here, and here) is the Demon goddess of Pleasure, Pain, Lust, Love, and Corruption, yet is still a benevolent individual from the Second Age despite her horrible origins and utterly debauched nature.
- Adaptational Heroism: Both Beast III-R and her Fate/EXTRA self, Kiara Sessyoin, are utterly narcissistic, sadistic, and hedonistic monsters who sought to become all-powerful beings so they could impose their twisted ideal of love upon the world. Here, as Joyous Freedom, she still became a Demon goddess, but she's genuinely benevolent and focuses her great power on constructive purposes, such as helping people find enlightenment and delivering them from suffering, while simultaneously tempting the sinful and wicked to eternal damnation. For bonus points, they're both hackers who grew up bedridden Ill Girls because of their neighbors' conservative and isolationist attitudes towards what's actually an easily treatable disease, except Joyous Freedom was rescued early by benevolent people who were appalled by her mistreatment.
- Adaptational Nice Guy: Both Beast III-R and Kiara Sessyoin were utterly narcissistic, sadistic hedonists who sought to become goddesses so they could impose their twisted ideals of love upon the world. Here, her personality is divided into two aspects: Her benevolent aspect is a genuinely compassionate mare who works as either a therapist or religious guide in helping others achieve enlightenment. Her malevolent aspect, meanwhile, takes more after her character inspirations, but directs her evil toward constructive purposes like punishing the wicked for their unfettered hedonism and vice.
- Agony Beam: As a goddess of Pain, she could incapacitate her foes with paralyzing agony. This forms the basis of one of her offensive spells, 'Eitenryu' which brings up and magnifies pain in her opponents, whether their own pain or hers.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: She's a Demon goddess who embodies Pleasure, Pain, Lust, Love, and Corruption.
- Apocalypse How: Speculated and invoked, especially owing to her sheer power and nature. Joyous Freedom is so completely consumed by lust following her ascension that she consumed the entire backwater colony world she was on and assimilated everyone and everything on it into herself, and had she not stopped she is prophesized to be willing and able to eventually devour entire universes, using all of reality eternally for her own pleasure. Fortunately, being able to retain her heroic former self and certain revelations regarding her own nature prevented her from carrying through with it. She was still powerful and lustful enough to corrupt and consume many worlds across colonized space throughout the Second Age.
- The Assimilator: She's classified as a 'Devourer' by her entry, and is presented as one of the more powerful and extreme examples on record compared to other deities who did the same thing. Case in point, after Ascending as a Demon goddess, she went on a rampage where she corrupted, devoured, and ruined the world she ascended on before she came to her senses and realized what she did. Thankfully, benevolent deities like Dr. Endless Dreams and Luminiferous would guide her hedonistic impulses towards a more constructive path, leading to her serving as both a sage who delivered long-tormented civilizations from their suffering, and a punisher of those who gave into wicked lust and vice. In serving as a 'Nirvana' for worshippers who achieved enlightenment under her guidance and a 'Naraka' for the wicked who fell to temptation, she would end up assimilating more lives into her being, with numbers estimated to be somewhere in the trillions across hundreds, if not thousands of worlds on the fringes of civilized space.
- Big Eater: One of the most extreme examples depicted in the Codexverse so far, in the Cannibalism Superpower and Your Soul is Mine! capacity, rivalling and potentially surpassing even many Giant deities' records. Whether virtuous souls who achieved enlightenment and transcended suffering under her in her role as a benevolent divine sage, or wicked souls who fell to her temptations and corruption which are condemned to suffering in her capacity as a malevolent demonic sadist, all lives and living things which came under her influence end up going down her gullet, sublimed into her being living or deceased where they would enjoy Nirvana (if they are good) or suffer Naraka (if they are evil), all to feed her ravenous lust and empower her with their eternal pleasure or pain.
- Bigger on the Inside: By implication - being a Big Eater which had consumed whole worlds and assimilated billions if not trillions of people and living beings alive or dead into herself, serving as both a Physical Heaven and Physical Hell for those that fell under her influence, her body had to be much, much bigger on the inside than her outer appearance suggests. With the nature of gods and their body-realms in the Codexverse, this is actually not that surprising.
- Big "NO!": She shouts this after seeing Moon Ray Vaughoof/Canticum Lunae Cahaya turn into a completely-stoned Eldritch Abomination upon ingesting a divine drug she made, having never expected the drug to be too powerful for him to handle at all.
- Blue-and-Orange Morality: It had been noted that following her demonic apotheosis into a demon goddess of lust, love, pleasure, pain and corruption, Joyous Freedom developed one both as a result of her now diabolical nature and also certain revelations she attained in the centuries following her transformation. It is stated she can serve as a benevolent divine sage or a malevolent demonic sadist, depending on the situation, and nothing suggests either one is a split personality or a disassociated identity as a result of being torn between her original benevolent mortal self and her present malevolent divine self - as far as she is concerned, both parts are her in her entirety, with no discontinuity. This is explained to be due to partly to cope with her ravenous desire for pleasure by embracing the darkness and making it work in a Constructive Evil manner, testing the pure while punishing the impure, but also from realizing in a moment of enlightenment that many of her domains, such as lust and love, pleasure and pain, are in fact both sides of the same coin, and as the embodiment of those domains she can be both the positive and the negative, the good and the evil. This results in her being both a God of Good and a God of Evil simutaneously.
- Brought Down to Badass: As a testament as to how mighty she was and still is as a demonic goddess of lust, it's implied that despite having expended most of her power barely surviving the cataclysmic end of the Second Age and losing more at the disastrous end of the Third Age, bringing her closer to the level of divines of her age, she is still considered one of the most dangerous and powerful demonic goddesses of her generation. Justified in that she had received a massive early boost from assimilating a far more ancient demonic god and assimilating billions, if not trillions of lives and souls, both willing followers and unwilling condemned, for power and pleasure - it's mentioned that at her peak in the Second Age, she was powerful enough to corrupt and consume whole worlds and spread her influence across thousands of star systems. And nothing suggests she wouldn't go back to being that strong once her influence goes back to more than one world as it was before, unlike her more reduced circumstances in the present day.
- Close to Home:
- Because of both her traumatic upbringing and her compassionate principles, Joyous Freedom despises those who become so selfish, evil, decadent and hedonistic they would pursue their own self-gratification at the expense of everyone and everything else. In her malevolent demonic sadist aspect, she takes it out on those depraved and corrupt beings both alive and post-mortem inside herself or in her hell-realms, tormenting them for her and her own demons' own pleasure as their punishment for the damned shades' own sadistic debauchery. Best seen when Joyous Freedom joined Vicearch Iniquitous in interrogating and tormenting a Hydianite matron who somehow managed to piss both of them off, after Joyous Freedom stripped the witch's ability to find derive enjoyment from the imminent unspeakable torments.Vicearch Iniquitous: We do believe we both have a mutual interest in seeing this vermin receive her due sanction.
Joyous Freedom: Let us partake in her rightful punishment, then. After a lifetime deriving joy from the suffering of innocents, I am sure she will find true misery a most... delectable experience.
Hydianite matron: No... oh no...!
- Going on the opposite extreme, she also finds those who deny others joy and pleasure completely for unwarranted reasons to be equally contemptible. A city known as Denialia having this as their culture and law infuriated Joyous Freedom enough for her to challenge them to resist her influence. They failed, being corrupted into hedonism debauchery, and Joyous Freedom and her demonic servants proceeded to punish them by defiling and using them for their own gratification before she consumed and doomed them all to suffer eternally for her own pleasure as a part of her.
- Because of both her traumatic upbringing and her compassionate principles, Joyous Freedom despises those who become so selfish, evil, decadent and hedonistic they would pursue their own self-gratification at the expense of everyone and everything else. In her malevolent demonic sadist aspect, she takes it out on those depraved and corrupt beings both alive and post-mortem inside herself or in her hell-realms, tormenting them for her and her own demons' own pleasure as their punishment for the damned shades' own sadistic debauchery. Best seen when Joyous Freedom joined Vicearch Iniquitous in interrogating and tormenting a Hydianite matron who somehow managed to piss both of them off, after Joyous Freedom stripped the witch's ability to find derive enjoyment from the imminent unspeakable torments.
- Creepy Good: Joyous Freedom is an ascendant demonic goddess who is simultaneously a benevolent sage who bring enlightenment and salvation to many from suffering and a malevolent sadist who relish in tempting and damning unworthy souls to an eternity of pain for her pleasure. She would as readily help many patients through their emotional issues as a humble, selfless and compassionate therapist as she would indulge in her hedonistic desires as a narcissistic, selfish and heartless terror who would literally devour whole condemned worlds of living beings to sate her lust.
- Cult Colony: Joyous Freedom was born on a remote planet colonized by a decadent cult with twisted philosophies which seeks transcendence from suffering and hardship to achieve enlightenment and Nirvana through hedonism without limits. They quickly degenerated into an utterly dysfunctional society within generations where its inhabitants descended into ever-increasing depraved extremes to achieve pleasure for its own sake. Joyous Freedom grew up deeply affected by her parents' and neighbours' corruption and debauchery, especially owing to being confined to a bed due to a medical condition which caused everybody to ignore and reject her.
- The Corruptor: One of her domains is Corruption, on account of her Demonic divine nature, which can be both spiritual and physical. Combining with her other domains her mere presence could twist surroundings into perverse shapes and tempt all but the most stalwart mortals and even gods into hedonism and lustful depravity.
- Dark and Troubled Past: She was born during the Second Age's interstellar period, except she had the misfortune of growing up in a Cult Colony occupied by an extremely decadent sect of Bodhisattvism. Both her parents and neighbors, members of this sect, treated her like a burden/pariah for being born sickly and refused to give her medical help, instead preferring to satiate their depraved hedonism. She's eventually rescued from her hellish home thanks to Dr. Endless Dreams and others, and grew up to be a prodigy psychiatrist who helped many patients for free... only for her to be blacklisted, slandered, and persecuted by jealous rivals who resented her simply for being better at her job than them. Later on, her foalhood past catches up to her when she is targeted by a disembodied demon god, who tried using her as a host to grant himself both a corporeal body and incredible power. Against all odds, she Ascends to godhood by overpowering and assimilating the demon god into herself. Unfortuantely, she is corrupted in the process, and shortly goes on a galaxy-spanning hedonistic rampage that claimed billions of innocent lives. Once she snaps out of it, she is so horrified that she begs to be killed, or at least sealed away, so she wouldn't continue being a threat to everyone else.
- Deity of Human Origin: She was originally a Pony of Neighponese descent who, in resisting possession by a released ancient demonic deity, ends up assimilating him and then every living being on the entire Wretched Hive backwater colony world she was on into becoming a demonic goddess in her own right.
- Didn't See That Coming: When she gave Moon Ray/Canticum Lunae a divine drug she made in collaboration with Princess Voľná Láska to test his morals and powers, she honestly didn't think anything could go wrong. She is horrified once she sees the actual results. Moon Ray/Canticum Lunae later forgives her for what happened because it was simply an accident that no one could have predicted.
- Embodiment of Vice: In her case, Lust, just like Beast III-R.
- Energy Absorption: Her domain of Lust goes beyond mere sexual attraction, as the Vice/Sin involves the desire for abstract and immaterial things like knowledge, power, respect, comfort, etc., and this gives her vast energy manipulation capabilities which enables her to absorb her foes' life-force and other forms of energies via spells such as Womb Realm Mudras Hoof of Principle, while simutaneously 'Debuff' her foes by interfering with their energy absorption and resevoirs via spells such as 'Diamond Realm Mudras Hoof of Wisdom'.
- Energy Ball: One of Joyous Freedom's offensive magic, made possible by the vast energy manipulation capabilities offered by her Lust domain, is 'Daizushi Chiya Kanpo', where she creates a sphere of magical energy above her with a wave of her horns/hooves which then unleashes a homing Beam Spam, the destructive power of which could range from devastating whole arenas to whole nations and landmasses.
- She's mostly based on Beast III-R from the Nasuverse. However unlike the purely narcissistic, sadistic and depraved Beast who want to literally devour/become the Earth and absorb all of Humanity and all life on it into herself for her own self-gratification, changes in circumstances allows her to also maintain her original mortal selfs saintly and selfless personality despite her now sadistic and selfish nature as a demonic goddess, allowing her to become both her malevolent 'Beast' self and her formerly benevolent Pony self.
- However, her past also has elements of Slaanesh. Like Slaanesh, she's a demon goddess who embodies the evil, corruptive aspects of things like love, pleasure, and pain. Her birth, and later Ascension, was ultimately a product of the extreme hedonism and debauchery that plagued the environment she came from. Unlike Slaanesh, however, she is significantly more heroic, though her nature was noted to have given Emperor Golden Scepter, then disguised as Revelation, an uncomfortable reminder of the Malignant Powers he once fought in the Imperium era.
- Forgiveness: Moon Ray/Canticum forgave her and Princess Voľná Láska for turning him into Caelum Filum with a divine drug they created, as it was simply an accident that neither of them could have foreseen.
- Genius Loci: Joyous Freedom exploited the eldritch nature of Divines to convert her body-realm into both a Physical Heaven for her followers and benevolent souls to dwell in eternal bliss, and a Physical Hell for both the wicked and malevolent souls to suffer in eternal torment, assimilating everyone and everything into herself for both her pleasure and the joy/pain of others.
- God of Evil / God of Good: While evil by her very nature as a Demon goddess, Joyous Freedom is a god of evil AND good, partly due to retaining her Equinity despite her ascension, but also having realized in a moment of enlightenment that as most of her domains have both negative and positive aspects, there's no reason why she couldn't be both.
- The Hedonist: One of the most extreme examples depicted so far. As a young Pokhot noted in awe, Joyous Freedom was so perverted and depraved immediately after her ascension into a demon goddess she ended up literally using A WHOLE PLANET and everyone/everything on it (numbering in the BILLIONS) for her self-gratification. Joyous Freedom is not exactly proud of it, but does admit she liked the 'transcendent carnal euphoria' she experienced from that. In the eras of the Second Age to follow, her indulgences would consume many other worlds, and it is believed that if left unchecked her ravenous hedonistic desires could quite literally consume whole universes.
- Horny Devils: Because Joyous Freedom is a powerful demon goddess embodying lust and pleasure as part of her domains, the Rapturous Nirvana attracted large numbers of Lust and Pleasure Demons under her service, partly because she is implied to be a Benevolent Boss by standards of Dark/Evil Gods, but also because the sheer concentrations of lust and pleasure she possess and embodies attract them like moths to a flame. During the early Third Age, for example, she welcomed many Lust and Pleasure Demons into her body or her Hellrealms as world become so innocent and compassionate as a whole the environment harms their diabolical nature, which on top of helping make the world much better off with many demons gone, also earned her the Undying Loyalty of many infernal beings of pleasure and lust.
- Irony: Despite having become a demonic-divine incarnation of Lust, the embodiment of everything the her beliefs preached to abhor and reject, Joyous Freedom ended up becoming instrumental in preserving Bodhisattvism, allowing it and its descendant Nirvanism to survive and propagate well into the present day.
- There is actually a grain of Truth in Television in this, as in RL certain strains of Buddhism which incorporated other Eastern mythologies into their cosmology had demons which embody vices and evils becoming protectors of the the faithful on the path to enlightenment, though this usually involved Buddha or other Bodhisattvas challenging and 'trampling' demons into submission, showing the power of their purity and virtues and converting said demons to their cause. In this context, Buddha's defiance and conversion of Mara is inverted/subverted/played with in Joyous Freedom's case.
- It's All About Me: Subverted. In contrast to her inspiration, a purely selfish and sadistic narcissist who regard only herself as a true Human deserving of love and everyone and everything else a plaything or sustenance for her own self-gratification, Joyous Freedom retained her Equinity despite her transformation to recognize other beings are as real as she is, deserving of being freed from suffering and given salvation, and is motivated to bring that about in any way she could.Joyous Freedom: There are more real individuals in this existence than you or I. The rest of 'Sapientkind' are more than mere wild animals as the most selfish narcissists and most bitter cynics proclaimed. Though that was how I was raised, this is not the universe we live in. So long as this is true, all is or could be made well. If it were not, then this reality would truly be beyond saving.
- Lust: Like her Nasuverse inspiration, Joyous Freedom is a demonic goddess with Lust as one of her major divine domains. Her thirst for Lust and Pleasure is so ravenous, in fact, she literally assimilated whole worlds and whole civilizations worth of beings into herself to sate her desires (whether willing worshippers or unwilling wicked), and if left unchecked it's implied her insatiable lust have the potential of consuming whole universes. Fortunately, she retained enough of her former Equinity to keep it in check and have no plans to devour all of reality and everyone/everything in it for her pleasure.
- The Magnificent: Known as "the Rapturous Nirvana", mostly due to her nature as a lustful goddess and her actions in corrupting her victims by luring them into hedonistic pleasure.
- Mind Manipulation: Crossing over with Soul Power, the Rapturous Nirvana developed various capabilities for doing this thanks to her nature and domains.
- As an embodiment of lust and pleasure, she can invoke them from other beings with her mind- and emotion-warping presence and redirect it towards others or herself, and could even strip other beings' ability to feel or do anything else but love and attraction for her, causing many to simply drop down on their knees in utter adoration, reverence and worship for her, or indulge into utter hedonism and debauchery. This was how she was able to corrupt much of the population of the backwater Wretched Hive colony world she ascended upon, causing civilizations to collapse into hedonistic anarchy as they were either warped into worshipping her to the point of letting her violate and consume them, or descend into country-spanning depraved orgies as soon as she showed up.Joyous Freedom: No matter what kind of intelligent lifeform they are, beings with wisdom always possess 'desire', and my hooves can grasp their souls. Few beings who possess desire can match me, no matter how much they deny or suppress them.
- As an embodiment of lust and pleasure, she can invoke them from other beings with her mind- and emotion-warping presence and redirect it towards others or herself, and could even strip other beings' ability to feel or do anything else but love and attraction for her, causing many to simply drop down on their knees in utter adoration, reverence and worship for her, or indulge into utter hedonism and debauchery. This was how she was able to corrupt much of the population of the backwater Wretched Hive colony world she ascended upon, causing civilizations to collapse into hedonistic anarchy as they were either warped into worshipping her to the point of letting her violate and consume them, or descend into country-spanning depraved orgies as soon as she showed up.
- My God, What Have I Done?:
- Unlike her Nasuverse counterpart/inspiration, Joyous Freedom retained enough of her old compassionate self to be horrified when she found out after her ascension she devoured the entire backwater colony planet she was on and assimilated all the people and life on it into herself to sate her lust. In her eyes, this made her no different from her parents and her neighbours in the decadent sect she was born and grew up in: a selfish beast who would sacrifice everyone and everything for her own self-gratification.
- She was horrified again when one of her friends, Moon Ray Vaughoof/Canticum Lunae Cahaya, consumed a drug she intended to test him with in both morals and powers... only for Moon Ray/Canticum to transform into a completely stoned Eldritch Abomination because the drug turned out to be too strong for his Temperance-based powers to counteract.
- Nice Guy: Gender-inverted. Before her ascension, Joyous Freedom is noted to be a kind, compassionate, selfless and humble mare who desired to help as many as she could and to alleviate pain and suffering wherever she goes. Even after her demonic apotheosis, unlike her inspiration she retained her pre-ascension Equinity in spite of her now inherently sadistic, hedonistic and depraved nature, and so directed her nature in a constructive direction to continue helping others achieving enlightenment and transcend suffering, while also satiating her ravenous lusts and thirst for pleasure on the corrupt and wicked who gave into decadence and hedonism.
- Noble Demon: Thanks to change in circumstances, Joyous Freedom retained enough of her Equinity and principles despite her demonic apotheosis to direct her now diabolical nature and monstrous power towards more constructive directions, becoming both a benevolent divine sage which brings whole innocent civilizations to salvation and a malevolent demonic sadist which casts whole corrupted worlds into damnation.
- Physical Heaven: Joyous Freedom have 'Nirvanas' ran by her and her celestial servants for her worshippers and followers as a reward for living virtuous lives and achieving spiritual enlightenment, transcending suffering as well as alleviating suffering from the world. Because of her insatiable, all-consuming lusts, many 'Nirvanas' exists deep inside her own body and she is one herself, with Joyous Freedom assimilating her worshippers into her being alive or post-mortem, dwelling in the paradisal realms secluded in her innards or as disembodied spirits of 'pure pleasure' coursing through her form in great flowing 'rivers/oceans', where their unending bliss and consensual worship would power and pleasure her for all eternity.
- Physical Hell: Joyous Freedom have 'Narakas' ran by her and her infernal servants for the punishment of corrupt and wicked which fell to temptation and indulged in decadence and the suffering of others, who would become her and her demons' playthings for their eternal sadistic pleasure. Because of her insatiable, all-consuming lusts, many 'Narakas' exists deep inside her own body and she is one herself, where uncounted multitudes both living and dead trapped great organic pits or illusionary worlds where they are tormented by her at her pleasure or stripped of their ability to do anything else but to worship and love her against their will, their pain and unwilling reverence would power and pleasure her for all eternity.
- Planet Eater: A notable example depicted so far, keeping with the character she is based on from the Nasuverse at least initially. Her ascension into a demon goddess briefly drove Joyous Freedom mad with an all-consuming lust, which she sated by literally corrupting, having her way with and assimilating the lust and lives of every resident and every living thing of the backwater colony planet she was on. At the culmination of her week-long global hedonistic orgy/rampage, she used the power-boost she got to literally convert all matter around and beneath her into 'pure pleasure' which she proceeded to absorb into herself through a vortex, taking everybody and everything on the world which she had not touched nor consumed with it.
- Playful Hacker: She is this and The Cracker, depending on whether she is manifesting her benevolent or malevolent aspect. Joyous Freedom originally attained her skills from her days in the Cult Colony world she was born in, hacking into the computer systems of her colony, both as a way to pass the time and to learn about the world around her even while neglected by her parents and neighbours in their hedonism. It's implied she retained this skill and honed it.
- Pleasure Planet: Because of her domains, during the interstellar era of the Second Age Joyous Freedom would end up owning many of these at the height of her power when she directly controlled or indirectly influenced thousands of colonized/inhabited worlds on the fringes of civilized space. Some are only pleasure worlds in the sense that because the inhabitants achieved spiritual enlightenment under her benevolent teachings and guidance, their enlightened societies and inhabitants achieving a state of bliss in largely transcending suffering, becoming something of a pleasure world for all. Others are realms of perdition where living beings or departed souls of those who fell into corruption and decadence are condemned to pain and suffering as punishment for their sins and vices, becoming little more than playthings to be tormented at the pleasure of Joyous Freedom in her more malevolent aspect and her pleasure demons.
- Really Gets Around: Justified, given she's a demonic-divine incarnation of Lust and is by nature The Hedonist. Potentially Up to Eleven since it's mentioned she often use the wicked as playthings for her pleasure both before and after she consumed them, and also partake in orgies of pleasure cults who worship her, and given her appetite had consumed whole planets before, it's likely she have had her way with billions to trillions of sapient beings.
- Repression Never Ends Well: Was a product of this trope and also a believer of this consequently. Her traumatic early life in a hedonistic cult as well as her Bodhisattvist beliefs led her to initially suppress her carnal desires and lusts. Unfortunately, this only led her to going absolutely bonkers with them when she broke the dams and flooded her mind and soul with said emotions to combat possession by a demon god, and in the process ascended to become a demon goddess of lust who went on a rampage that culminated in her consuming every living being on the planet she was on (and the planet itself) to sate her lusts before she comes back to her senses. Since then, she has a more balanced view on emotions and desires, seeing that self-denial and denying others of them is just as bad as going in excess, and makes it a matter of principle to subject those who repress themself temptation and/or damnation as she does those who embrace lust and hedonism, such as those who embraced asceticism and transcendence of worldly desires to the point of suicide, as well as challenging and condemning a city-state called 'Denialia' over their suppression of emotions and wants.
- Sadist: While she retained most of her saintly benevolence despite her demonic apotheosis, she also developed a sadistic side thanks to her now inherently diabolical nature. Fortunately, unlike her Nasuverse self, she direct it only towards those who fell to her temptation and corruption and condemned themselves to be consumed by her and become her and her pleasure demons' playthings. One of her domains as a demonic divine, naturally, is Pain, which along with her domain of Pleasure reflects how easily both sensations could be warped together.
- Soul Power: Because of her nature and domains, Joyous Freedom possessed certain powers which grant her the ability to manipulate others on a spiritual level.
- One of her most infamous abilities is called the 'Ten Thousand Coloured Stagnation', which allows her to briefly disassemble beings down to their essential parts, peeling back the layers to analyze the beings she targeted mind, body and soul and even influence and manipulate those components before reassembling them. This aids her immensely in healing and helping her patients achieving healing and her worshippers enlightenment, while also warp and punish the corrupt and wicked. In one incident when a Hydianite matron managed to transgress against both Joyous Freedom and Vicearch Iniquitous, as the witch's warped worldview renders her fearless before whatever unimaginable torments they could both conjure and even find the experience enjoyable. To help Vicearch Iniquitous interrogate and punish the matron after she was defeated and captured, Joyous Freedom used her technique to disassemble the matron mind, body and soul and then reassemble her after resetting or removing all the mental delusions and mental defense mechanisms which would had protected her from finding the experience miserable. This left the Vicearch genuinely impressed, and the formerly haughty and sadistic matron a horrified wreck who is now as hapless as any other evildoer before whatever torments the two sadistic/merciless dark goddesses have in mind for her.Joyous Freedom: [Explaining why she did it] The witch matron's warped worldviews would had made any torments inflicted upon her a comfortable, even pleasant experience, in part because she expects it and sees it as good where most see it as evil. Pain cannot punish if she can delude herself into thinking it is normal, or experiencing it as pleasure.
- One of her most infamous abilities is called the 'Ten Thousand Coloured Stagnation', which allows her to briefly disassemble beings down to their essential parts, peeling back the layers to analyze the beings she targeted mind, body and soul and even influence and manipulate those components before reassembling them. This aids her immensely in healing and helping her patients achieving healing and her worshippers enlightenment, while also warp and punish the corrupt and wicked. In one incident when a Hydianite matron managed to transgress against both Joyous Freedom and Vicearch Iniquitous, as the witch's warped worldview renders her fearless before whatever unimaginable torments they could both conjure and even find the experience enjoyable. To help Vicearch Iniquitous interrogate and punish the matron after she was defeated and captured, Joyous Freedom used her technique to disassemble the matron mind, body and soul and then reassemble her after resetting or removing all the mental delusions and mental defense mechanisms which would had protected her from finding the experience miserable. This left the Vicearch genuinely impressed, and the formerly haughty and sadistic matron a horrified wreck who is now as hapless as any other evildoer before whatever torments the two sadistic/merciless dark goddesses have in mind for her.
- Sympathy for the Devil: She was on the receiving end of this by Moon Ray Vaughoof. After learning of her horrific foalhood as an Ill Girl growing up in a hedonistically depraved environment, the first thing Moon Ray would do upon meeting her in person is to give her a big hug (which she returned) and apologize for the suffering she endured. This stemmed from Moon Ray's own experiences in dealing with a violently abusive parent whose worst impulses/flaws were amplified through addiction. specifically alcoholism.Moon Ray Vaughoof: ...Ah'm so sorry, Lil' Joy.
- Take a Third Option: Once, Joyous Freedom and Vicearch Iniquitous had both been wronged by a Hydianite matron, and decided following her capture to enact unspeakable torments upon her. The problem is that due to the Hydianites' warped worldview, she is unafraid of whatever horrors they have in mind and might even enjoy the experience. While Joyous Freedom knows how to truly bother and torment a Hydianite, this is not exactly what Vicearch Iniquitous nor her Malregnarians are either good at or preferred. Joyous Freedom's solution around it is to use her infamous 'Ten Thousand Coloured Stagnation' ability to briefly disassemble the Hydianite matron down to her mental, physical and spiritual level, then reassemble her - with the delusions and mental defense mechanisms which would had protected the matron from the horrors of her torment either reset or removed. This renders the Hydianite now as hapless as any normal evildoer would be from experiencing true misery, pain and despair, allowing the two merciless/sadistic dark goddesses to truly make the now horrified matron know horror and agony without end.
- Unrealistic Black Hole: One of her signature abilities, 'Heaven's Hole', allows her to create 'Vortexes of Pleasure' upon her body which could draw in everything within an area of effect, allowing her to consume and assimilate everyone and everything into herself for her own pleasure.
- Unwitting Instigator of Doom: At one point, she let her friend, Moon Ray Vaughoof (now Prince Canticum Lunae Cahaya), try a divine drug she collaborated on with one of Pokhot's daughters, partially to test his morals, and partially to test the strength of his Temperance-based resistance to toxins. She was horrified when the drug turned out to be so powerful that it transformed Moon Ray/Canticum into a completely stoned Eldritch Abomination, in the process kicking off the month-long 'Cosmic Prophet Debacle'.Joyous Freedom: No... NO! This wasnt supposed to happen!
- What Have I Become?: She laments early on in her existence about the fact despite being Codexverse's version of a practicing Buddhist, she had following her ascension had more or less become a demonic-divine incarnation of the base desires of the flesh and material which they were meant to transcend to achieve enlightenment. Fortunately, she was able to make the most of it and become something greater
K to N
First featuring in a drabble set during 'Final Ragnarok', Lord Svetlo was the Giant of Light who crash-landed in Cervidia long ago and fell in love with Astrid, making him the father of Lysets Far, the Light Father and grandfather of Tarou. In the time between his departure and the present day he had managed to ascend to godhood and continues to both watch over his beloved and scions from afar, as well as protect the cosmos at large from various monsters and threats.
- Alien Among Us: Spent some time in Jotunnheim back when he was a mortal heroic Giant of Light, after crash-landing there. During that time he courted Astrid and produced Lysets Far from their union, who would inherit his heroic mantle on Equus after Svetlo left.
- Big Good: Literally and metaphorically, being a Giant of Light god who had fought monsters and evil beings across the cosmos, protecting many worlds from destruction and depredation even while history continued on Equus.
- Blood Knight: Honourable benevolent version. His idea to prove his worth to Astrid's Jotunn warrior god father was to find and defeat one of the meanest monsters in Jotunnheim at the time. Astrid's father Hrothgar approves.
- Badass Cape: Wears one as part of his attire after ascending to godhood.
- Large and in Charge: Since his ascension to godhood, he had grown in stature to the point that one of his subordinates, a skyscraper-sized Giant of Light himself, had to be on the upper levels of their enormous vessel's bridge just to be on eye-level with him. Lord Svetlo is also in charge of a sizable force of heroic Giants of Light across the cosmos, keeping the peace across many worlds and battling evil wherever they appear.
- Mile-Long Ship: The mothership he rides in is positively enormous - dwarfing every vessel on Equus thus far - but also advanced enough that even in orbit no one barring the most observant star-gazer could even see it there.
- Wowing Cthulhu: How he got the right to court Astrid: Proving to her father, Hrothgar, that he is worthy of the Jotunn war goddess' hooves and his respect by finding the most ferocious giant monster available and beating the crap out of it. Hrothgar was impressed and approves of his conduct even before Svetlo actually sets out to do it.Hrothgar: Good answer.
An ancient god of Dreams that Sola Mors befriended.
- Adaptation Relationship Overhaul: In The Sandman, he's the grumpy, brooding, and melancholic younger brother of Death of the Endless. Here, he's friends with Sola Mors, who is completely unrelated to him yet managed to befriend him through sheer kindness.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: Embodies Dreams, as indicated by his epithet.
- Because You Were Nice to Me: Implied to be the reason why he developed such a huge soft spot for Sola Mors. Sola Mors was very kind to him, which got him warming up to her and made him more receptive to being in the company of others. That being said, she was also willing to call him out on his flaws, which she, being the Alicorn goddess of Courage, was not afraid to do.
- Expy: Of Dream of the Endless.
- The Magnificent: Known as "the Lord of Dreams".
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: He would receive an epic one from Sola Mors, who grew fed up with his continuous wallowing in self-pity. She would then punctuate her speech by throwing at him a piece of bread he was feeding the birds with.Sola Mors: You are utterly the STUPIDEST, most SELF-CENTERED, APPALLINGEST EXCUSE for an 'ANTHROPOMORPHIC PERSONIFICATION' on THIS or any OTHER PLANE! An INFANTILE, ADOLESCENT, PATHETIC SPECIMEN! Feeling all SORRY for yourself because your little GAME is OVER, and YOU haven't got the- the BALLS to go and find a NEW one!
- Took a Level in Kindness: He used to be very foreboding, melancholic, haughty, and set in his ways. Then he met Sola Mors, after which he began to soften significantly and open up to others himself.
O to R
Portfolio: Death, Fate, Knowledge, Judgement
Pharasmare is the Alicorn(?) goddess of Death, Fate, Knowledge, and Judgement, and is an older daughter of Mortem, the Death Primeval.
- Captain Ersatz: Of Pharasma, a Death goddess who judges the souls in a cold and uncaring manner.
- The Magnificent: Known mostly as "the Lady of Graves", though she's also called "the Mother of Souls" and "the Survivor".
- OOC Is Serious Business: She's normally neutral in her judgement of the dead. But what truly enrages her is when people try to cheat their way out of due punishments, especially when their attempts involve Judicial Replacements.
- Time Abyss: Implied. She's noted to be one of Mortem's oldest daughters, though it's unknown whether if she's the oldest or merely just part of her parent's oldest children.
Portfolio: Heroism, Virtue, Belief, Innocence
Rank: Divine (Tier IV/Greater)
Prince Ivory Star (his entry here) is the Alicorn god of Heroism, Virtue, Belief, and Innocence, and is a beloved superhero from the Second Age who continues to inspire others with his deeds and presence.
- Adaptational Badass: He starts off as just a ponified version of the Gentleman, being mostly a Flying Brick in terms of superpowers, though he does have a psychic connection with Innocent Heart that allows him to sense when his daughter's in danger and teleport to her location. After learning of his origins as a living psychic projection of a young filly's dead father and being forced to make a choice, he ultimately chose to keep the world's belief in superheroes alive, leading to him becoming an Alicorn god.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: He's an Alicorn god who embodies Heroism, Virtue, Belief, and Innocence.
- Chronic Hero Syndrome: Like many superheroes of the Second Age, he had a tendency to suffer from this, being unwilling to abandon a person in need even though it would be advantageous of him to do so. In fact, his desire to protect and inspire people factored into his decision to keep living despite knowing he's not real. While he acknowledged that Innocent Heart did need to move on from her father's death and grow up, both she and many people also depended on him, and he couldn't bear to leave the world with one less hero. His choice led to him Ascending to godhood and gave him a life independent of Innocent Heart's psychic powers so he could become the hero everyone wanted him to be.
- Clap Your Hands If You Believe: As the Alicorn god of Belief, his powers revolve around this. He can empower himself by becoming stronger, tougher, and faster as more people believe in him, and he can do the same for others by believing in them. He possesses healing powers, though the effectiveness of them is powered by the amount of belief people have in him. He also has a unique ability in sensing and percieiving people's beliefs, allowing him to influence people and make them change their beliefs. This makes him a highly charismatic stallion, though he loathes abusing his domain and only uses it to inspire people and help them change their ways. It's noted in his entry that his domain of Belief is very similar to Written Word's domain of Faith.
- Dream People: What he really is. His grieving "daughter", Innocent Heart, created him as an idealized version of her real father, Strong Heart, who died saving people from an attack by Reichist sympathizers. Because of this, he looked exactly like Strong Heart in the beginning, sharing his appearance and all his good traits, though his existence depended entirely on Innocent Heart's Psychc Powers. The moment she lets go of him is the moment he disappears. But after going through an identity crisis and being shown the truth about the real Strong Heart's fate, he ultimately decides to Take a Third Option and continue living to keep the belief in superheroes alive rather than letting Innocent Heart continue living a lie, or letting himself fade away from existence to allow Innocent Heart to grow up, but depriving the world of another hero. This epiphany led to him becoming an Alicorn god and giving him a life of his own, getting rid of his dependency on Innocent Heart's Psychic Powers.
- Embodiment of Virtue: As the Alicorn god of Virtue, he embodies all virtues, though he tends to gravitate more towards humility, kindness, and generosity. He can project an empathic aura that suppresses a person's inner vices, giving him a calming, relaxing presence. Like Blue Suede Heartstrings, he has a form of precognition that shows him a person's future depending on their morality and actions, allowing him to guide people into doing good deeds. And quite fittingly, he possesses divine purification powers that allow him to get rid of curses, corruption, and certain poisons, making him a nightmare for Fallen deities, demons, and other foul entities. It's noted that Golden Scepter helped him foster this aspect of his Virtue domain, being skilled in holy magic himself.
- Expy: Of the Gentleman from Astro City. Both of them are sharply-dressed superheroes who are incredibly kind and polite even towards supervillains, and are both single fathers of young girls who dearly love them. They're also the product of grieving daughters who lost their fathers in a supervillain attack, and used their Psychic Powers to create idealized versions of their fathers to answer their grief and protect people in a world that needed heroes. Eventually, though, Ivory Star forges his own identity and even becomes an Alicorn god after doing many good deeds and choosing to keep the belief in superheroes alive instead of letting himself fade out of existence in order for Innocent Heart to move on.
- Face Death with Dignity: He was willing to let himself fade out of existence, if it meant Innocent Heart could recover from her trauma of losing her real father and have a chance to live a normal life. But after seeing how sad Innocent Heart looked and remembering the people who depended on him, he chose to continue living as a superhero instead, leading to his Ascension and giving him a life of his own.
- Fainting: By his own admission, he fainted when he learned Golden Scepter and Revelation are the same person, Revelation being Golden Scepter's mortal disguise.
- Flying Brick: He has the typical Second-Age superhero powers like flight and enhanced strength, endurance, and speed, with his only unique ability being a Psychic Link that allows him to sense when Innocent Heart is in danger and teleport to her location. This is because he's the idealized version of a stallion who died protecting his young daughter from a Reichist attack.
- Heroic BSoD: Learning that the real Strong Heart had died long ago, outing him as a living figment of a grieving psychic filly's imagination and thus making his entire existence a lie, nearly broke him. While this left him with insecurities over whether he could live up to Strong Heart's memory or not, he thankfully had friends to assure him that he's still his own person. He also doesn't blame the people responsible for informing him of his true origins, since unlike Dr. Belief and Overmare, they genuinely cared for Innocent Heart and wanted to give her a normal life, even if they had to break her delusions to ensure her emotional recovery.
- Heroic Sacrifice: After discovering that he was created as an idealized version of Innocent Heart's deceased father, he was willing to let himself fade out of existence so Innocent Heart could recover from the trauma of losing her father to Reichist sympathizers years ago, and finally live a normal life. However, seeing Innocent Heart's sadness and remembering the people who depended on him led to his decision to live as a superhero instead, leading to him Ascending to godhood and giving him a life of his own.
- Humble Hero: Like Strong Heart, the stallion who inspired his creation, he is rather humble and kind. As a superhero, he helped people because he genuinely wanted to, and believes that a hero's duty is to protect the innocent and be a Hope Bringer for them. After becoming an Alicorn, he felt uncomfortable with being treated like a god, and faced pressure from traditionalist deities to act and dress properly according to his divine station. His humility led to him befriending Blue Suede Heartstrings, a similarly humble Alicorn, as they both sympathized with each other's awkwardness with being worshiped and being pressured to become proper deities.
- Immune to Bullets: Bullets and laser beams don't affect him at all. This is because he was created as the idealized version of a grieving filly's dead father, who died in a Reichist attack. After Ascending to godhood, he kept this power.
- Magic Hair: His mane and tail post-Ascension are described as being composed of black spatial energy with a blue stripe of light running through them.
- The Magnificent: Known as "the Gentlestallion" for being a kind, humble, and polite stallion to everyone, even the bad guys he fights. It was also his superhero alias, back when he was a superhero in the Second Age.
- Papa Wolf: He was very protective of Innocent Heart, and his feats include taking out a group of Reichist sympathizers by himself, and saving Innocent Heart from her boarding school's elderly headmistress who ran an underground pickpocketing ring. This is because he was created by a grieving psychic filly as an idealized version of her father who died protecting her and others from a Reichist attack. He comes to realize this later on, but while he chose to continue living as a hero and reconciled with Innocent Heart, their relationship changed to that of close friends. That being said, it doesn't stop him from acting fatherly towards her at times.
- Psychic Powers: He mostly has telepathic and empathic abilities, with Virtue-based precognitive sight. His friend, Innocent Heart, is much more powerful to the point of bordering on Reality Warper levels.
- Seers: As the embodiment of Virtue, he has a form of precognition that gives him visions of a person's future depending on their current morality and actions, allowing him to guide people to do good deeds. It's noted that it's similar to Blue Suede Heartstring's Humility-based precognition.
- Sharp-Dressed Man: Much like the Gentleman, his superhero costume consists of a black tuxedo with coattails, a red sash, and a red buttonhole rose. He wears a divine version of this after he becomes an Alicorn.
- Take a Third Option: After being shown the real Strong Heart's grave, he had to make a choice: Let Innocent Heart continue living a lie so he could continue living, or sacrificing his own existence so Innocent Heart could come to terms with her grief and move on. But the problem is, both Innocent Heart and the people of Ponyland needed him. He ultimately chooses to live as the ideal hero and protector so he could keep the belief in superheroes alive, leading to his Ascension to godhood and giving him a life independent of Innocent Heart's Psychic Powers.
Portfolio: Song, Performance, Endurance, Dreams
Rank: Divine (Tier IV/Greater)
- Anthropomorphic Personification: He's an Alicorn god who embodies Song, Performance, Endurance, and Dreams.
- Camp Straight: He's known in the Second Age for his flamboyant stage persona, but he's pretty straight off-stage.
- Determinator: Implied. To him, no matter what happens, the show must go on. He even embodies Endurance as a concept.Prince Mercurial Rhapsody: The show MUST go on, darling!
- Freddie Mercopy: He's essentially a version of Freddie Mercury who managed to survive and Ascend to godhood in the Codexverse. To hammer it in, both his name and motto take after two of his most iconic songs ("Bohemian Rhapsody" and "The Show Must Go On", respectively).
- No Celebrities Were Harmed: He's a Freddie Mercopy of Freddie Mercury, the deceased frontman of Queen known for his flamboyant stage persona and his powerful voice. Unlike Freddie, who died of AIDS, Mercurial Rhapsody would Ascend and become an immortal Alicorn.
Portfolio: Chivalry, Knights, Honor
- Always Identical Twins: Subverted; he and his younger brother Golden Ash are fraternal twins, and thus look nothing alike.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: He's an ex-Alvslog Deer demigod who embodies Chivalry, Knights, and Honor.
- Identical Twin ID Tag: Averted; he and his younger brother Golden Ash are fraternal twins, and thus look nothing alike.
- The Magnificent: Known as "the Crimson Defender".
Portfolio: Rainbows, Colors, Responsibility, Renewal
Rank: Divine (Tier III/Intermediate)
Princess Arcus, born Rarity (her entry here) is the Alicorn goddess of Rainbows, Colors, Responsibility, and Renewal, and is an extremely powerful deity underneath her cheerful and childish persona.
- Adaptational Badass: She's G3 Princess Rarity, who in canon was one of the stronger characters due to her wand, but was still a little filly. Arcus is not only an Alicorn goddess, but an extremely powerful one due to absorbing the Nexus of Rainbows to save Equus's colors.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: She's an Alicorn goddess who embodies Rainbows, Colors, Responsibility, and Renewal.
- Barrier Maiden: Equus's magical field was severely damaged by the Void Aeon, and thus light's ability to become color went haywire, turning everything greyscale. This is far more dangerous than it sounds, as it would effectively trigger an ecological collapse among other cataclysmic problems if not stopped. It was her duty as Rainbow Princess to use the Rainbow Wand in a ritual to fix the issue every year for the sake of the entire planet. She became even more this trope after the end of the Third Age, as she'd merged with the Nexus of Rainbows powering the ritual and thus was no longer just an important part of the ritual, but its power source. Subverted in modern day, as she managed to find a way to permanently fix the problem.
- The Big Guy: Among the Third Age Alicorns she is the biggest in terms of raw power thanks to absorbing the Nexus of Magic, and also somewhat larger and older-looking due to the accelerated aging that incidentally made her stronger.
- But Thou Must!: Exploited and invoked. Through her domain of responsibility, Arcus could see the responsibility others have or compel others to assume responsibility that they had assumed, whether or not they actually mean to fulfill their obligations.
- Character Development: She was initially a rather carefree and irresponsible filly who would rather have fun and make friends instead of attending to her duties as the chosen Princess of Unicornia. After goofing off one time too many and barely succeeding in averting disaster in the nick of time, she became a dutiful and responsible princess upon realizing just how important her task is and the consequences of her neglecting her role. Her sense of responsibility went to the point that she embodied Responsibility as a concept when she ascended.
- The Chosen One: Luminiferous chose her as one of his pupils for multiple reasons, but a major one was because she was potentially the one who would some day permanently fix the magical fracture that would cause Equus's colors to vanish if a specific ritual wasn't performed each year. She eventually lived up to that potential and successfully did so.
- Everything's Better with Rainbows: And you can ride the ones she makes, too, just like anypony could on the Rainbows of Unicornia back in the Third Age.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Arcus was willing to sacrifice herself to preserve the Nexus of Rainbows, as due to arcane damage to Equus from the Void Aeon, Equus's colors were entirely reliant on it at the time to exist. Thankfully, she survived and came out of it far stronger.
- Invisibility: One of the versatile ways she could apply her powers over colours. Thanks to her enormous divine strength she could cloak entire armies by herself, with assistance from others cloaking other aspects not covered by her rainbow and colour powers.
- Lethal Harmless Powers: Why her ability to manipulate colors on potentially continental scales at full strength adds to her status as a Person of Mass Destruction - she could shut down colours of all wavelengths in an area should she chose to, turning everything greyscale. While this doesn't sound bad, the ramifications are enormous as many, many ecological and biological processes are dependent on the different colour wavelengths, meaning that immediately or eventually she could cause catastrophic damage on all living things within the area of effect, from blinding all the animals, to shutting down photosynthesis in plants and collapse the entire ecosystem from its foundations. This is especially ironic as she was made the Princess of Rainbows back in the Third Age whose duty was to prevent this from happening on a global scale and ultimately fix the issue causing it, which she succeeded in.
- Mr. Fixit: Gender-inverted version. Her domain over Renewal allow her to fix things that are broken, from damaged artifacts and body injuries to wrecked environments. Certainly very useful considering both her original responsibility and also her capacity for destruction.
- One Steve Limit: Averted. Her birth name as a mortal was Rarity, a name she shares with her Fourth Age descendant, Rarity Belle. This changed once she Ascended to godhood under Luminiferous' tutelage, upon which she was renamed Princess Arcus.
- Person of Mass Destruction: She could blow holes in mountains and manipulate colours on a continental scale (which is much more dangerous than it sounds when you consider the ecological impact this could cause), and in general cause widespread destruction with her great strength if she chose to. Fortunately, she won't do so except to stop evildoers and protect others.
- Pretty Princess Powerhouse: She's a fun-loving and cheerful Alicorn princess from the fantastic and compassionate Third Age who happened to have enough raw power to rival vastly older deities, blow apart mountains with test shots and manipulate colour-related phenomena on a continental scale.
- Rapid Aging: Positive example. Her absorption of the Nexus of Magic from the Castle of Rainbows caused her aging process to become accelerated. This is a good thing for her as Codexverse Deities become Stronger with Age, meaning that she quickly growing much more powerful than she would had she aged normally.
- Unskilled, but Strong: She has plenty of divine magic thanks to absorbing an entire Nexus of Magic and tens of thousands of years to practice with it, but still relies more on power than finesse.
- Worthy Opponent: During the Third Age, she had a number of them among the Cryptans, owing to being one of the defenders of Unicornia and Ponyland fighting to stop the attempted world conquests of the old Empire of Crypta.
- Younger Than They Look: Due to assimilating the Nexus of Rainbows in its entirety by herself, her aging process was rapidly accelerated. Thus while being far younger, she looks about as old as Luminiferous and has already grown her second set of wings.
Portfolio: Beauty, Acting, Confidence, History
Rank: Divine (Tier IV/Greater)
Princess Diamond Lace is the Alicorn goddess of Beuty, Acting, Confidence, and History
- Anthropomorphic Personification: She's an Alicorn goddess who embodies Beauty, Acting, Confidence, and History.
- Badass Teacher: She was a mentor to Princess Praline, and she's an ancient and powerful goddess from the Second Age.
- The Cavalry: She was part of the effort to find Princess Praline in the early Third Age, leading the charge with Prince Star Cut to rescue his wife from Queen Eclaira. Justified in that Diamond Lace was one of Praline's mentors.
- Cool Big Sis: She's implied to have this relationship with Blue Suede Heartstrings, her honorary 'younger brother'.
- Elvis Lives: Much like Blue Suede, who is based on Elvis Presley, she never died from a drug overdose (as is suspected to be the cause of Marilyn Monroe's death in real life) and instead lived long enough to Ascend to godhood.
- Hidden Depths: Implied; the fact that she has History as one of her domains shows that she's much more intelligent than she appears. This is a reference to Marilyn Monroe, who was a huge history buff in regards to Abraham Lincoln.
- Hot God: Gender-inverted. Being based on Marilyn Monroe means that she was beautiful as a mortal, but becoming an Alicorn goddess of Beauty made her look even stunning.
- Like Brother and Sister: Her relationship with Blue Suede Heartstrings is implied to be this, as Blue Suede is described as being her honorary 'younger brother' in one Codex drabble.
- The Magnificent: Known as "the Princess of Confidence".
- Meaningful Rename: Her birth name was Whispering Heart. She changed her name to her current one when she became a star.
- Mentor Archetype: She was one of Princess Praline's mentors and led the charge with Praline's husband Prince Star Cut to find and rescue her from Praline's Arch-Enemy Queen Eclaira during the plot that would lead to Eclaira ascending to godhood.
- My Greatest Failure: Despite being quite outspoken with her disgust towards "Colonel" Hollow Note, she was ultimately unable to prevent him from abusing Blue Suede Heartstrings, her honorary 'younger brother'. Granted, Hollow Note would sabotage the careers of anyone who tries to separate him from his client, but Diamond Lace considers her inaction her greatest regret.
- No Celebrities Were Harmed: She's based on Marilyn Monroe, one of America's preeminent actresses, models, and singers and a major pop culture icon. Unlike Marilyn, though, she avoided her death via drug overdose at age 36 and instead Ascended to become a goddess thanks to the influence, support, and guidance of Luminiferous.
- Sexy Mentor: She was this for Princess Praline and presumably others: Intelligent, understanding, knowledgeable, supportive, and also one of Ponyland's most attractive pop culture icons and, by Praline's time, a bonafide goddess of Beauty.
Portfolio: Luck, Gambling, Random Chance
Rank: Divine (Tier III/Intermediate)
'Princess' Eris (her entry here) is the goddess of Luck, Gambling, and Random Chance, and is an unpredictable individual of questionable morality who was one part of Discord's inner circle during his stint of villainy.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: She's a goddess of unknown species (though it's speculated she was originally a Draconequus) who embodies Luck, Gambling, and Random Chance.
- Black Sheep: If her being a daughter of Kaos is true, then she is this to her family. Despite Kaos' family being chaotic in nature, she ends up being disowned by them because she had absolutely no remorse for (among other things) deciding to switch from being a chaotic yet dutiful scion to an incredibly vile Fallen goddess simply For the Evulz. The fact that Kaos reacted with cold indifference upon being questioned about her speaks volumes of his relationship with her.
- Blue-and-Orange Morality: She decides her entire character and morality based off of random chance by spinning a wheel, and changes completely every few thousand years when it amuses her. She doesn't view anything wrong with this, rather she treats it with as much seriousness as changing a hat.
- Bratty Teenage Daughter: After several millennia of being a dutiful daughter of Kaos, she decided on a whim to start behaving like a rebellious, bratty teenager without warning.
- Co-Dragons: Was one of Discord's during his reign until Cosmos had her banished to another dimension.
- The Dutiful Son: Her earliest years as a goddess consisted of her being a "picture-perfect" Draconequus who did her duty of using her domains for constructive purposes with utmost diligence. Then she decided to start switching between good and evil without warning, and it got worse from there, leading in part to Kaos disowning her out of disgust.
- Dystopian Edict: Borderline case, but 'Princess' Eris' participation in Discord's rampage led to a controversial rule among the gods of Equus after the 'War Against Chaos', later formalized by all member gods and pantheons of the Cosmic Council. The 'Eris Doctrine', as it would be known as, calls for any god or god-level entity with a similarly unpredictable moral framework/mentality to be... 'dealt with' as soon as found. This is not, however, out of bigotry or persecution for those who possess a different moral outlook or thinking process, at least as insisted by its proponents. The idea behind is that they simply cannot afford to have unpredictable beings with that level of power running around, suddenly turning evil or destructive without warning or reason, since by the time people who can stop it could realize what happened, catastrophic damage would had already been done. Consider why a crazy, unstable dictator getting their hands on Weapons of Mass Destruction is a terrifying prospect, then take it to literally god-like levels. Despite the controversy, everyone abides by it because as 'Princess' Eris and all the damage she and other similar beings later on would cause demonstrated, they simply have no other choice.
- Divine Parentage: It's likely that she's a daughter of Kaos, the Grand Primeval god of Chaos, which makes her a sister of Discord. She got disowned by her family because she would switch between being good and evil without warning simply because she could and had no remorse for it.
- For the Evulz: What likely got her disowned by Kaos. Unlike Discord, whose villainy was implied to have been a series of tragedies that shaped him into the vile Fallen god he once was, her stint in villainy was purely for selfish reasons, switching between personas as a benevolent goddess and an evil one to satisfy her own boredom. To Kaos, the fact that she would do this without a shred of remorse, not even for constructive purposes, is what warranted her disownment as one of his daughters.
- God Is Good: During her stint as a member of the Old Equestrian Pantheon, she was a saintly, benevolent goddess who helped spread good luck and rehabilitated gambling addicts, and was described as being the kindest and most gentle person one could ever meet. It made her decision to pull a FaceHeel Turn and join the likes of Discord, then an evil Mad God, all the more shocking to her mortal Equestrian subjects.
- It Amused Me: Unlike Discord and her fellow Co-Dragons, her motivations are less pure sadism and more to amuse herself: She changes her entire character and morality every few thousand years when she grows bored with them and good and evil to her are less serious moral choices and more like changing a hat. This is probably why Kaos (who may or may not be her biological father) has cut off all ties with her, compared to Discord whom he remained sympathetic towards and desired his redemption.
- I Have No Son!: She was essentially disowned by her (possible) father, Kaos, the Grand Primeval god of Chaos. This is treated as surprising In-Universe as both she and Discord are siblings who embody some form of chaos and turned to villainy at some point in their lives. However, the difference was that Discord's villainy was implied to have involved a lamentable downward spiral (with one factor being that his birth father is the Void Sovereign), while Eris essentially woke up one day and decided to switch randomly between the personas of a benevolent, dutiful goddess and an incredibly vile Fallen goddess at the drop of a hat For the Evulz without even a shred of remorse. It's like a parent dealing with a child who was once the apple of their eye but decided to commit horrible crimes for no other reason than to indulge themselves.
Rank: Divine (Tier IV/Greater)
- No Historical Figures Were Harmed: She's based on Florence Nightingale.
Portfolio: Forgiveness, Spiritual Healing, Making Amends
Princess Lampyridae/Firewing (his entry here) is an infant hybrid goddess of Forgiveness, Spiritual Healing, and Making Amends, and is regarded as an oddity due to her parentage and the circumstances that birthed her.
Princess Lampyridae/Firewing was born after two major, bloody conflicts that was directly caused by the long-standing racial feud between Changelingkind and Dragonkind. After the Dr. Toxikon Crisis ended, Thorax and Ember decided to forgive each other's races for their heinous actions, having gotten so sick of the violence and hypocrisy behind the feud in general that they both decided that it was time to react with forgiveness and mercy rather than continue something that has both affected and killed millions of innocents. Shortly after that, a goddess was born in the form of an infant Dragon/Changeling hybrid.
Luminiferous hypothesized that Lampyridae/Firewing's birth was the result of the magical karmic backlash towards Thorax and Ember's actions. Because the Changeling-Dragon feud was so bloody, vicious, and enduring, Thorax and Ember rejecting it and genuinely forgiving their people created a massive rebound, spawning a hybrid deity that embodied Forgiveness and Making Amends. Needless to say, Lampyridae/Firewing's discovery both shocked and flustered Ember, especially when the infant regarded her and Thorax as her biological "parents".
Shortly after Lampyridae/Firewing's birth, both the Changeling Progenitors (as well as their demigod children) and the Dragon pantheon started having a "custody battle" upon her discovery, arguing over which domain she truly belonged to in hopes they would take possession of the infant goddess. It got so bad that Lampyridae/Firewing started crying loudly... and unleashed an "empathy wave" that caused both sides to see and experience the hurt they were inflicting on each other with their petty squabbles. Because of this, it was ultimately decided that the infant hybrid goddess would stay with Thorax and Ember as a tenuous joint member of both groups.
While some see Lampyridae/Firewing as an opportunity to finally bury the hatchet, others, especially more malicious individuals, see her as a prospective weapon. Nevertheless, as an infant goddess, she has lots of potential, and might play a very important role in the future.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: She's a hybrid Changeling-Dragon goddess who embodies Forgiveness, Spiritual Healing, and Making Amends.
- Birds of a Feather: Platonic example. It is strongly believed in-universe by many that she might befriend Prince Sparkling Wing once she grows up, as they are both empathic deities who embody peaceful divine concepts, and have the potential to bring everyone together.
- Cheerful Child: Implied, as her entry describes her as a very cheerful and happy baby.
- Children Are Innocent: Because she's the divine product of Thorax and Ember's act of forgiveness and mercy, she was born with no knowledge of what Changelingkind or Dragonkind has done in the past, and thus is incapable of holding a grudge towards either race (though some question if she is capable of holding grudges at all). After Lampyridae/Firewing started crying from the squabbles between the divine Changelings and Dragons over which domain she belonged to, Thorax and Ember proceeded to make it clear that their people's racial grudge is to stay far away from their "daughter".
- The Empath: Implied to be her power. She started crying when both Changeling and Dragon deities started fighting over possession of her, and unleashed an empathy wave that caused both sides to experience the hurt they were causing each other, defusing the conflict.
- Emotion Bomb: She has the power to unleash an "empathy wave", which causes those who have harmed others to feel the hurt and suffering they have inflicted, while their victims would feel their tormentors' repressed guilt. This emerged for the first time during a "custody battle" between Changelingkind and Dragonkind that was quickly turning violent.
- Harmful to Minors: She was exposed to hostility for the first time when both Changeling and Dragon deities started fighting over her in a "custody battle", each seeking to adopt her in their respective domains. As a result, she started crying loudly, unleashing an "empathy wave" that defused the conflict and made both sides experience guilt over the hurt they were causing her and each other. Because of this, Thorax and Ember made it clear that the racial feud is to stay far away from the infant goddess.
- Karmic Jackpot: She's the living embodiment of this. Luminiferous hypothesized that because the racial Changeling-Dragon grudge was so bloody, vicious, and enduring, Thorax and Ember's joint act of forgiveness towards the divine elders of each other's race caused a magical karmic backlash that created Lampyridae/Firewing. It's speculated, and even hoped, that Lampyridae/Firewing would help her biological "parents" in their efforts to finally stop the feud and bridge both Changelingkind and Dragonkind together.
- Mixed Ancestry: She's a divine Dragon/Changeling hybrid, the second to come into existence after the tragic Princess Apertus. And because she's created from the magical karmic backlash of Thorax and Ember's heroic deeds, she's technically their biological daughter. Unfortunately, her mixed heritage actually threatened to revive hostilities between Changelingkind and Dragonkind again in the form of a "custody battle", with both the Changeling Progenitors and their Semi-Divine children arguing with the divine Dragons over which domain Lampyridae/Firewing truly belonged to. The conflict upset Lampyridae/Firewing so much that she unleashed an empathy wave on them, causing both sides to experience the hurt they were causing each other and defusing their hostilities.
Portfolio: Spring, Leadership, Groundskeepers
Rank: Divine (Tier III/Intermediate)
Princess Wysteria (her entry here) is the Alicorn goddess of Spring, Leadership, and Groundskeepers, and a humble mare who more than earned her position and power with her humility.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: She's an Alicorn goddess who embodies Spring, Leadership, and Groundskeepers.
- Chronic Hero Syndrome: One of her flaws. She has a habit of being unable to resist helping others in need, even when it comes at the cost of overworking herself.
- Domain Holder: As a goddess of Groundskeepers, she becomes this when placed in charge of certain areas. She becomes far more powerful inside them, and gains unique powers such as a specialized form of omniscience similar to that possessed by Cellarius, and low-level reality-warping which she can use to heavily fortify the areas she's protecting (though she mostly uses them to help better maintain said areas). However, in order to be effectively made a 'groundskeeper' of an area, she has to be put in charge of it by someone who actually owns it, and she can only use her domain for defensive purposes unless she applies Loophole Abuse.
- Food God: As a goddess of Spring, she can project a magical aura that promotes fertility in both plants and animals, similar to Fertility deities. This presumably leads to the production of more food.
- God in Human Form: Much like her mentor, Blue Suede Heartstrings, she would often assume a mortal form to avoid unwanted attention, due to being uncomfortable with treated differently from others just because she's a divine Princess.
- Green Thumb: As a goddess of Spring, she is capable of using plant magic. She can create use plant life for offensive, defensive, and even supportive roles, and she can project a magical aura that promotes fertility in plants, making her similar to Fertility deities. Her Viridian Flower artifact, which she was chosen to wield, greatly enhances her powers.
- Heroic BSoD: After entering a dormant state to heal injuries sustained from protecting her mortal friends from the Oceanaiads' final suicidal attack, she would wake up in the Fourth Age and discover the world had lost its empathy and became a place rife with tribalism/racism. Understandably, she felt incredibly upset and heartbroken, but Blue Suede Heartstrings would find her and help her come to terms with her grief.
- Heroic Lineage: She's a blood descendant of Second Age heroine Starlight, and thus inherited/emulated her ancestor's dutiful personality and talent for leadership. Later, it would become a case of Divine Parentage once Starlight herself comes Back from the Dead as an Alicorn goddess.
- Humble Hero: She's very humble, and despite being a Princess, she feels uncomfortable with being treated differently from others just because she's royalty (though she does like certain aspects of being a Princess, such as access to regal outfits). Her humility is what led to Luminiferous introducing her to Blue Suede Heartstrings, an Alicorn god of Humility who possesses a similarly humble nature. After Ascending to godhood under Blue Suede's tutelage, she would turn down taking an Alicorn name in favor of keeping her original one, and often assumes a mortal form to avoid attracting unwanted attention. It also led to her getting along with Emperor Golden Scepter, who also feels extremely uncomfortable with being put on a pedestal.
- Loophole Abuse: While her Groundskeepers domain makes her very powerful and is one of her most dangerous domains, she can only use her powers defensively. The only way she can directly attack someone with her domain is if she uses certain loopholes.
- Magic Hair: Her mane and tail are made of life energy that waves like the spring breeze and (somehow) always smells of flowers.
- The Magnificent: Known as "the Maiden of Spring".
- Meaningful Rename: Averted. When she Ascended to godhood, she refused to take on an Alicorn name out of humility, which is largely thanks to Blue Suede Heartstrings' influence.
- Mutants: She's a 'Twice as Fancy' Pony, and thus her Cutie Mark (pink and liliac-collored wisteria flowers) covers most of her hind legs.
- Nice Guy: Due to being born in the Third Age, which was renowned for its worldwide empathy, she's an extremely empathetic and compassionate mare. However, it doesn't stop her from being willing to fight enemies if necessary.
- Reality Warper: Her domain of Groundskeepers gives her low-level reality-warping powers when within certain areas that she's placed in charge of. These powers can be used to heavily fortify the areas she's protecting, but she mostly uses her powers to help better maintain them.
- Weather Manipulation: As a goddess of Spring, she can alter the weather on large scales to create spring-like conditions.
- Winged Unicorn: She's described as a violet-furred Alicorn goddess with a purple, pink, and white mane and tail made of rippling life energy that (somehow) smells of flowers.
Portfolio: Memories, Love, Unicorns
Queen Amarelthea (her entry here) is the Fae Alicorn goddess of Memories, Love, and Unicorns, and is responsible for the creation of the modern-day Unicorn Pony tribe.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: She's a Fae Alicorn goddess who embodies Memories, Love, and Unicorns.
- Close to Home: She was temporarily transformed into a mortal Earth Pony mare by her wizard friend, Schmanedrick, to save her from the Red Bull, in the process forcing her to not only experience mortality for the first time (something seen as horrifying to immortal beings like her) but also the emotions that mortal beings would feel. This made her learn how to love as mortals did, resulting in her feeling compassion for all creatures beyond what her people could feel. It also resulted in her bearing a hatred for those who take love itself for granted and willingly choose to spread hatred instead, as she sees the concept of love as something to be treasured and valued.
- Disappointed in You: She tells the Children of Platinum this, as she helped create the unicorn tribe based off of love and yet they choose to hate instead.
- Forgiveness: Though she and her people lived in hiding for a long period of time due to the Imperium of Ponykind's collective xenophobia, she would eventually forgive Emperor Golden Scepter for his Imperium's actions.
- The Fair Folk: She's not a Alicorn in the conventional sense, rather she's of a species of fae. Unicorns resemble her because they were directly based off her.
- Humanoid Abomination: As a benevolent Fae Alicorn goddess who was directly involved in the creation of the modern Unicorn Pony tribe, she is incredibly ancient, her true age being roughly the same as Golden Scepter's. Her true divine form is also as eldritch as Golden Scepter's true form, bearing six wings and a mane and tail made of energy with memories rippling through it.
- Magic Hair: Her mane and tail are described as being made of memory energy. In her true form as a Fae Alicorn goddess, her hair is made of energy with memories rippling through it.
- The Maker: She was responsible for the creation of the Unicorn tribe as it is known as in the modern day, as she was inspired by her experiences as a mortal to work with King Equus.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech:
- She would give one in the Fourth Age to a group of unicorn tribalists from the Children of Platinum faction, being incredibly disgusted with them for choosing to spread hate instead of love despite their love-inspired origins. It was noted that she appeared to the tribalists in a mortal disguise before shedding it to reveal her true form.Queen Amarelthea: You do not deserve to call yourselves unicorns.
Unicorn tribalist: And who are you to tell us that?
Queen Amarelthea: The one who helped create your entire Tribe. I was inspired to help create you because I experienced love as non-Fae and mortals do, your hatred is the last thing I desired. How can you take love so much for granted that you would choose hatred instead?
- She would also give one to High King Irminsul of the Elternteil Deer Pantheon. While Irminsul expected her to become his ally based on their shared origins and duties as guardians of the forest (something that she acknowledges), she quite emphatically turned him down, citing his toxic, abusive hypocrisy and his defilement/murder of his unborn son as two reasons why she refuses to associate with him.Queen Amarelthea: It is true that we are both creatures whose duties lie in the forest we are born in, that much I will admit... but I cannot and will not agree with you. Part of caring for nature involves holding compassion for ALL nature, including those who were not born in the forests like we were. It was a lesson that was taught to me by a very close friend of mine from long ago, and I will not forget it no matter how hard it was for me to learn it. You may call yourself a steward of the forests, but your actions speak otherwise. If you truly cared for everything that lived in your domain, why did you decide to defile and murder your unborn son? Why did you give your family and your mortal subjects harmful lessons that will only encourage hatred, arrogance, and selfishness? And why did you participate in, and condone, the abuse of a child who had not done anything truly harmful to you or your family?
You may be seen by your people as a benevolent High King, Irminsul, but I see you as no different than the villains I had fought, those who threaten the lives of innocent people with self-serving goals. And until you are able to answer my questions and see the error of your ways, I can only see a future where everyone you loved has left you behind, and your peers only see you as a hypocritical, self-righteous, and close-minded ruler who was willing to hurt his own family to gain the purity he desperately sought.
- She would give one in the Fourth Age to a group of unicorn tribalists from the Children of Platinum faction, being incredibly disgusted with them for choosing to spread hate instead of love despite their love-inspired origins. It was noted that she appeared to the tribalists in a mortal disguise before shedding it to reveal her true form.
- Time Abyss: Like Emperor Golden Scepter, she is incredibly ancient and is roughly as old as him. But due to being already immortal before Ascending to godhood, time is very different to her and she doesn't know how old she truly is.
Portfolio: Imagination, Familial Love, Patron Deity (Tulpas)
Rank: Divine (Tier IV/Greater)
Queen Fantasia (her entry here) is the Tulpa goddess of Imagination, Familial Love, and Tulpas, and is the divine ruler of the combined kingdom of Fratrem.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: She's a Tulpa goddess who embodies Imagination, Familial Love, and Tulpas; the last part is because she's their "Parental Deity".
- Built with LEGO: Appears to be a sapient mass of NEIGHGO Bricks...because she is: she's an ascendant Tulpa born from a collection of them.
- Love Goddess: She embodies the concept of "Storge Love" or Familial Love, known as the love shared between parents, children, and siblings.
- Tastes Like Diabetes: In-Universe; her eccentric tastes made the combined kingdom of Fratrem look so girly that Rainbow Dash described its appearance as being "sweet enough to give me a toothache".
- Tulpa: She's a Tulpa who ascended to godhood.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: Can rearrange her form into whatever she desires.
Portfolio: Solarians (Patron Deity), Co-Existence, Creation
Queen Mother Solarius (her entry here) is the Divine Machine goddess of Solarians, Co-Existence, and Creation, and is the benevolent 'Queen Mother' of the robotic Solarian race.
- Abstract Apotheosis: When Steel Barricade asked her what she truly wanted, it made her consider her unique status and plans in contrast to Exosus and Dr. Solar's intentions for her. Her final answer triggered her Ascension as a demi-divine machine, and gave her enough power to hold off Exosus (who at the time merged with his upgraded Kill Sat and attempted to ram himself into Equus with the force of a killer asteroid) long enough for him to be defeated by Corona Neo and Golden Scepter.
- And I Must Scream: She was enslaved by Exosus and forced to make her species serve him and attack Equus against their will, all while fully conscious. Fortunately, she was freed when Steel Barricade detected the Solarians' agonized suffering, leading to Golden Scepter and Corona Neo tearing off the implant device Exosus was using to control her out of his cybernetic body.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: She's a Divine Machine that embodies Solarians, Co-Existence, and Creation.
- Armor-Piercing Question: Steel Barricade gave her one during Exosus' final endgame, forcing her to consider what she wanted to be vs. what Exosus and Dr. Solar wanted her to be. Her final answer triggered her Ascension.Prince Steel Barricade: You aren't what that monster chooses you to be. You aren't even what your father chose you to be. You are who YOU choose to be. What do you choose to be?
Queen Mother Solarius: ...I am not a weapon of war. I am a creator. I am Proof of Co-Existence.
- Badass Boast: Her answer to Steel Barricade's Armor-Piercing Question has shades of this - In her mind, she is not a weapon of war. She is a creator, and Proof of Co-Existence.
- Benevolent A.I.: She's a supercomputer created by Dr. Solar and thus Corona's 'little sister.' Like him, she's heroic and cares for organic life.
- Deus Est Machina: She was originally a supercomputer created to control a fleet of mining drones by Dr. Solar, but over the Ages evolved into an incredibly powerful machine. It wasn't until the battle with Exosus that she ascended and became a genuine Demi-Goddess, though due to how strong she originally was, she is stronger than some godlings.
- Hive Queen: She's technically this for the Solarian race, as the original Solarians were mining drones who were granted sapience by her to ease her growing loneliness. However, she largely just uses this feature now to communicate with the rest of her species telepathically while largely letting them have individuality. Exosus, however, enslaved her and forced her to let him play this trope straight.
Portfolio: Primordial Light, Nature, Fabric
Rose Regalia (her entry here) is the Alicorn goddess of Primordial Light, Nature, and Fabric, and is a benevolent individual despite being a daughter of two Fallen deities.
- Adaptational Heroism: While she's heroic like Rose Quartz, she never went through with Rose Quartz's decision to lead her rebellion in a complex masquerade that involved faking her own death to hide her true identity. And while she still had Rose Quartz's habit of keeping secrets from everyone, it was never to the extent of hurting everyone close to her, as various good people in her life encouraged her to be honest instead. This means that with most of her flaws curbed, she was able to become a much better leader, friend, and mother later in life.
- Alliterative Name: Rose Regalia.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: She's an Alicorn goddess who embodies Primordial Light, Nature, and Fabric.
- Anti Anti Christ: Doubly so: she was born from the union of Silk Dawn and Morning Star, both of whom had nefarious intentions for her. She ended up realizing how wrong their actions were and opposing them both.
- Expy: She's inspired by Rose Quartz, though only to a degree, as she was intentionally taken in a completely different direction than her. Much like Rose Quartz, she appears as a pudgy person who has pink, curly hair and wears large, ornate dresses, and fights with a sword and shield. She also led a resistance against powerful Physical Gods, and had a Semi-Divine son with a mortal she fell in love with. However, part of her characterization also takes inspiration from Pink Diamond with a little of Satsuki Kiryūin - like Pink, she initially started off as a Spoiled Brat who was raised by an emotionally abusive Physical God, but gradually became a kinder and more empathetic person later on. And like Satsuki, she was sexually abused by her own mother, a cruel, narcissistic woman with a gigantic sadism streak.
- Green Thumb: As a goddess of Nature, she can cause mass plant growth, which extends to creating plant-based minions and familiars. She can also use her domain to heal wounds, and combine it with her domain of Primordial Light to produce a healing aura.
- Mixed Ancestry: Through her mother, Silk Dawn, she's an Alicorn with partial Grand Primeval heritage. This has caused her true form to be more eldritch than other Alicorns who are roughly the same age, like Golden Scepter.
- Spared by the Adaptation: Rose Quartz ended up dying to sire Steven, while different conditions result in Rose Regalia never doing that (in part because she wouldn't need to die in order to give birth as Rose did).
- What If?: According to her creator, she's Rose Quartz if people were willing to stand up to her and call her out on her faults like Greg did far, far earlier in her life. This changes a lot, to say the least.
Portfolio: Light, Self-Acceptance, Misfits
Rank: Divine (Tier IV/Greater)
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (his entry here) is the Reindeer god of Light, Self-Acceptance, and Misfits, and a member of Santa Hooves' sleigh team and pantheon.
- All of the Other Reindeer: Quite literally the Trope Maker in the Codexverse. His ostrasization by his fellow Reindeer for his glowing red nose led to him fleeing the realm the Eltenteil Deer Pantheon made for Deerkind/Reindeerkind/Moosekind to ride out the Second Age, setting off the chain of events which would eventually led to him and his parents finding their way to Santa Hooves' workshop and saving Solsmas, even inspiring the song and stories in Second Age media.
- The Runaway: He ran off from home and his kind's sanctuary-realm during the Second Age after being bullied and looked down upon for his red nose for too long, resulting in his parents desperately following to search for him.
- Saving Christmas: He saved the Solsmas of 1939 with his father Donner (who came with his mother looking for him) by joining Santa Hooves' sled team and using his magical glowing red nose to guide them out of the artificial blizzard (courtesy of the Super Villain Winter Kaiser, who wants to ruin Solsmas) which had prevented Santa from taking off and delivering presents around the world.
S to V
Portfolio: Good Will, Hearth's Warming, Gift-Giving
Rank: Divine (Tier IV/Greater), possibly older
Santa Hooves (his entry here) is the Reindeer(?) god of Good Will, Hearth's Warming, and Gift-Giving, and a jolly-natured individual with a very positive reputation all over Equus.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: He's a Reindeer(?) god who embodies Good Will, Hearth's Warming, and Gift-Giving.
- Deity of Human Origin: While his exact species is unknown, he was a mortal who was allowed to Ascend into divinity after the Deer pantheons witnessed his countless good and selfless deeds, and decided to reward him after he reached old age.
- No-Sell: One of Santa Hooves' most unique and feared traits is his inability to be affected by anything other than good will, making him essentially nigh-invulnerable to all and any attacks against him made in hostility and prejudice. This is quite convenient for him as it means villains, tyrants and even evil gods like Discord and Iniquitous cannot stop him from delivering presents to their dominions and coals for their 'naughtiness'.
- Time Abyss: Had been around for a very long time and active across the Ages of Known History. Had been active at least as early as the Second Age, with Saint Sweetheart of the Tales/Virtuous Seven, for example, knowing him on a personal level, as well as the jolly saint having met with other major figures of that era like Overmare.
Portfolio: Enlightenment, Spirit, Parental Deity (Llamas)
Rank: Divine (Tier IV/Greater)
Satori, born Cha Cha (her entry here), is the Llama goddess of Enlightenment and Spirit, and, as her name suggests, is the "Parental Deity" of mortal Llamakind.
In the First Age, Satori was once a mortal Llama named Cha Cha, and was notably the first sapient Llama in existence. She once lived in Dream Valley with the rest of the first generation of Ponyfriends, which included individuals like Oakley, Edgar, Creamsicle, and Zigzag. When Zigzag regained her memories as Queen Mzazi and returned to her divine station and form, she would help her friends Ascend to godhood as well, taking on new names to reflect their transformations. It was after Ascending that Satori decided to uplift Llamakind by giving them sapience, shaping her people to what they are today.
- Adaptational Backstory Change: Unlike her MLP G1 "Ponyfriend" counterpart, she's depicted here as the first sapient Llama to ever exist, and she lived in Paradise Estate during the First Age as part of a group of friends who, like her, were born the first sapient creatures of their own respective races. She's also the reason why Llamas exist as a race in Equus, being the one who uplifted them into sapience.
- Adaptational Badass: In MLP canon, she was known as Cha Cha, a member of the G1 "Ponyfriends" toyline and a female Llama who loved ice skating. Here, she's reimagined as a bonafide Llama goddess who was born as Cha Cha in the First Age, but has since changed her name after Ascending to godhood under Mzazi/Zigzag's guidance. Among the powers she has are spirit manipulation, psychic powers, and meditation/yoga-based racial magic, which notably has spells similar to Unicorns'.
- Adaptational Skill: In canon, she's a very good ice skater. Here, she's also a good ice hockey player; Kendell2 has stated that this aspect of her was inspired by Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage!, where the world of Colossus has ice hockey.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: She's a Llama goddess who embodies Enlightenment, Spirit, and Llamas; the last part is because she is their "Parental Deity".
- Astral Projection: One of her abilities listed under her domain of Enlightenment is astral projection. However, using it leaves her body inactive and vulnerable.
- Bare-Fisted Monk: Her typical attire is that of a monk, and she is described as a master martial artist who holds the strongest spiritual and psychic powers out of the "Ponyfriends" to make up for being physically weak compared to them.
- Beware the Nice Ones: As a former resident of Paradise Estate, she won't hesitate to use force if her subjects are threatened. During the 'Storm King Crisis', her response to Storm Warriors attempting to conquer her people's lands is to punch their spirits out of their bodies and put them in various animals until they promised to leave. After,wards, she covered the entire Llama kingdom in an impenetrable fog-bank full of spirits tasked by her to 'scare the horse-apples out of any intruder' while still guiding those in need. What's notable is that she still kept her free-spirited personality the entire time.
- Canon Character All Along: She's actually Cha Cha the Llama, who was introduced as a member of the G1 "Ponyfriends" toyline. It's justified as she changed her name to reflect her transformation into a goddess.
- Combined Energy Attack: As a goddess of Spirit, her strongest attack involves taking spiritual energy donated to her by allies and using it to form a massive, powerful energy sphere. However, it's noted that this attack both takes time to charge and requires sufficient, willing donors to be used.
- Drunken Boxing: While proficient in most forms of Kung Fu, she finds Drunken Boxing the funnest to use, though she never actually gets drunk in order to fight, despite what fiction may say.
- Drunken Master: Averted. Although she finds Drunken Boxing to be the funnest martial arts style to use, she doesn't actually get drunk, despite what any In-Universe fiction may say.
- Graceful Loser: Her favored sport is ice skating, with ice hockey being a part of it. While she often plays with her fellow Llama deities (and is noted to have a "mean rump check"), she's fine with losing. This is because she stresses the importance of having fun, not winning games all the time to the point of creating feelings of alienation and resentment.
- Healing Hands: Her Spirit domain allows her to heal spiritual wounds.
- I Just Want to Have Friends: What motivated her to uplift Llamakind was the loneliness she felt as the first sapient Llama, surrounded by other Llamas yet unable to talk to them due to them lacking sapience to understand her. This experience also influenced her entire worldview - she believes that all creatures desire companionship on some level, and to have everything they want yet be unable to share it with others is a lonely, pitiful existence. After all, even the Grand Primevals themselves had a creator, and so on and so forth. Therefore, friends are what truly gives life meaning and gives one companionship after death.
- Karmic Jackpot: When she was Cha Cha the mortal Llama, she befriended a mortal Zebra named Zigzag in Paradise Estate. Zigzag turned out to be the ancient Zebralicorn goddess Queen Mzazi, who incarnated herself as a mortal so she could keep herself in touch with mortal sapientkind. When Zigzag regained her memories and divine station as Mzazi, she would help Cha Cha and the other "Ponyfriends" Ascend to godhood, leading to them becoming what they are now.
- Kung-Fu Wizard: Played with. She can cast magic through meditation and yoga, but this is due to possessing divinely enhanced versions of Llamakind's racial magic. She does have other abilities that she can use in tandem with her Kung Fu fighting skills, but they come from her divine domains of Enlightenment, Spirit, and Llamas and not from Kung Fu itself.
- Last of His Kind: Inverted; she was the first sapient Llama to be born. The loneliness she felt as the only sapient living Llama at the time spurred her to grant Llamakind sapience once she Ascended to godhood, and influenced her beliefs on enlightenment and friendship.
- Lovable Jock: She's a master martial artist who loves playing sports with her subjects and friends, and her favored sport is ice skating/hockey. However, she doesn't care if she loses and simply loves having fun, as winning all the time can reate alienation and resentment. She's also a friendly, free-spirited, and compassionate person who always helps people in need, whether alive or dead.
- The Magnificent: Known as "the Mother of All Llamas", due to her role in giving Llamakind sapience and influencing her race into what it is today.
- The Maker: She's responsible for creating mortal Llamakind. Once she Ascended to godhood under Queen Mzazi's tutelage, she would uplift the Llamas by granting them sapience. Her entry states that she did so because she wanted beings of her own kind who can befriend and understand her.
- Meaningful Name:
- Her birth name, Cha Cha, refers to a lively ballroom dance with small steps and swaying hip movements performed to a Latin American rhythm. She's a friendly, free-spirited Llama goddess who loves playing sports and games and believes that friendship is the true way to gaining enlightenment.
- Her divine name, Satori, refers to someone gaining sudden enlightenment in Japanese Buddhism. Satori was once a mortal llama until her friend, Queen Mzazi/Zigzag, regained her memories as a goddess and Ascended, and proceeded to help her friends Ascend to godhood as well. It was also after this that Satori would give all of Llamakind their sapience.
- Meaningful Rename: As a mortal llama, she was known as "Cha Cha". After her Zebra friend, Zigzag, returned to her divine station as Queen Mzazi, she would help her friends Ascend as well. Cha Cha would change her name to "Satori", referring to how she gained enlightenment and divinity because of her friendships allowing her to Ascend in the first place.
- Nice Guy: She's a friendly, free-spirited, and compassionate person who always helps people in need, whether alive or dead. She's also a Lovable Jock who, while a master martial artist who enjoys playing sports like ice hockey, is content with simply playing with her friends rather than winning. That being said, provoking her is a very bad idea, as a group of Storm Warriors learned the hard way when they tried conquering her lands.
- Pals with Jesus: Justified. Many deities from the First Age, such as Arcaniss and Mzazi, were her friends when they were mortals. Her friendship with Mzazi allowed her to Ascend to godhood herself once her friend regained her memories and divine station, whereas Arcaniss Ascended through Luminiferous' tutelage.
- The Power of Friendship: She firmly believes that having friends is what truly gives life meaning rather than material possessions - if one has no friends to share their possessions with, they'll end up living a lonely, pitiful existence. After all, no one can't take their possessions with them after death. In her eyes, the true way to spiritual enlightenment is achieved via seeking friendship among others and 'becoming part of everything'.Satori: If you want enlightenment by detachment from everything, seek out Zhōnglì. If you want it from becoming part of everything, find me!
- Psychic Powers: As the llama goddess of Enlightenment, she possesses extrasensory perception, astral projection, and telepathy.
- Soul Power: As a goddess of Spirit, she has spiritual powers such as sensing/interacting with spirits, seeing one's 'true form' past illusions and shapeshifting, and control over both spiritual energy. In regards to the latter, she can use spiritual energy for things like enhancing her own physical capabilities, firing energy beams, and forming a powerful energy sphere derived from energy donated to her by allies. One of her most frightening abilities involves manipulating a person's soul - with a blow to the right area, she can either throw a person's soul into the astral plane or transfer/swap the soul into a nother body. She can also heal spiritual wounds, calm/banish restless spirits, and turn herself into a spiritual beacon.
- Squishy Wizard: Played with. Out of the divine "Ponyfriends", she's physically the weakest and frailest compared to others like King Baarish and Queen Tiara, and she makes up for this by possessing powerful spiritual and psychic abilities and being a master in martial arts. However, outside of that, she's still a force to be reckoned with in her own right.
- Supernatural Martial Arts: Subverted. She can cast magic similar to that of Unicorns by applying meditation and yoga poses, but it's actually due to her being a Llama deity, which grants her enhanced versions of Llamakind's racial magics.
- Telepathy: One of her abilities as goddess of Enlightenment is telepathy. Her entry notes that she is powerful, though not to the extent of purely psychic deities like Mentálne.
- True Sight: Her domain of Spirit grants her a spiritual ability to look past illusions and shapeshifting and see someone's 'true form'. However, it's noted that she has a much harder time in seeing the true form of exceptionally skilled illusionists and shapeshifters.
- Uplifted Animal: She was born the first sapient llama in existence. After Ascending to godhood, she would uplift Llamakind by giving her people sapience.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: She has a pink mane and tail.
Portfolio: Primordial Light, Fabric, Beauty
Silk Dawn (her entry here) is the Fallen Primeval goddess of Primordial Light, Fabric, and Beauty, and is an absolutely monstrous and sadistic being who holds utterly twisted ideas of what 'perfection' is.
- Abusive Parents: Sees nothing wrong with High King Irminsul's parenting and actually praised him for it, having also attempted to twist her own massive-numbered offspring to fit her twisted ideals of perfection.
- Adaptational Badass: Unlike Ragyo, she's depicted as an ancient, bonafide goddess who took even more people to defeat in both instances where she is directly confronted.
- Adaptational Karma: Ragyo killed herself by ripping out and crushing her own heart rather than accept her daughter Ryuko's offers of peaceful surrender, essentially getting away with her crimes scot-free. Here, as Silk Dawn, her divine essence is caught by Rarity/Princess Lucia and Princess Bon Bon after she tries pulling the same trick as part of a Thanatos Gambit, and is shortly Dragged Off to Hell to be receive well-deserved punishment from her uncle, Nekelmu, for eternity.
- Ancient Evil: She's a Primeval, and thus hundreds of millions of years old. She's also a monstrous Fallen Primeval goddess who horrifically abused her own children, and is so convinced of her own perfection that she tried to make everything 'perfect' by assimilating them all into herself.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: She's a Fallen Primeval goddess of Primordial Light, Fabric, and Beauty.
- Armor-Piercing Question: After Irminsul calls her out for experimenting on her own infant daughter, she proceeds to throw his words back in his face by asking him about what he did to his unborn son. This leads to a horrified Irminsul desperately trying to deny the similarities between them.High King Irminsul: You used your children as experiments! Like dolls you could change however you see fit!
Silk Dawn: You mean like you did with your son?
High King Irminsul: ...D-Don't you compare us, you monstrosity!
- Assimilation Plot: Her end-goal is to make the world and everything in it 'perfect' by assimilating them all into herself, and then use a 'perfected' world as a launch-pad to assimilate everyone and everything else across the cosmos until the whole universe is remade in her twisted perfection by becoming part of her. Considering how sadistic and vile she is to everyone/thing she judges imperfect, it's as horrific as it sounds.
- Big Bad: Of the 'Silk Dawn Crisis', when she enacted her Evil Plan to assimilate the whole world into herself.
- Composite Character: According to her creator, she's a combination of Ragyo Kiryuin and an unredeemed White Diamond.
- Eldritch Abomination: While she has stunningly beautiful Pony and Alicorn forms, her true form is that of a massive, glowing peacock-like entity made of light with multiple eyes all over her form.
- Evil Gloating: Will go into long monologues where she rubs her superiority in the face of her victims and enemies.
- The Fashionista: Much like Ragyo, she constantly wears fancy, over-the-top dresses and other outfits.
- Fate Worse than Death: First, she is trapped for millions of years alone inside a prism at the bottom of the oceans. After her second and final defeat (whereupon she perished via suicide), her divine soul is judged and dragged by the Grand Primevals to Hell-Realms reserved for dead Fallen gods, where she could look forward to being eternally punished by her God of Evil elder relative, Nekelmu, for her crimes.
- God in Human Form: Her mortal Pony form is a tall, white-furred unicorn with a rainbow-colored mane and tail. Played with in regards to her 'default' form, which is an Alicorn goddess with a mane and tail composed of rainbow energy. Both forms are used to hide her true form, a massive, peacock-like Eldritch Abomination made of light and with eyes all over her body.
- Laser-Guided Karma: After abusing, terrorizing, and 'perfecting' both her divine and demi-divine children according to her own twisted ideals of perfection, many of said children would eventually turn against her and actively oppose her, leading to two decisive defeats on her end.
- Light 'em Up: As a goddess of Primordial Light, she is capable of the same light manipulation that all Light deities can do, such as firing powerful energy rays, conjuring up shields, and creating hard light constructs. However, her entry states that her domain of Primordial Light puts her on another level than an ordinary Light deity, since she embodies light in a 'purer' form similar to how Primordial Quintessence is a purer form of magic.
- Light Is Not Good: She's a Goddess of Primordial Light and daughter of the Light Primeval, and her true divine form is a massive, peacock-like entity made of light with eyes all over her body. She's also a monstrous villain with virtually zero redeeming qualities. The end of her entry even compares her to the deceased Erebus, who likewise became monstrous him/her/themself despite being a Fallen Grand Primeval who embodied Primordial Darkness.
- Magic Hair: In her Alicorn form, she has a mane and tail composed of rainbow energy.
- Multicolored Hair: In both her Unicorn and Alicorn forms, she has a rainbow-colored mane and tail, though her latter form has hair being actually composed of rainbow energy.
- Narcissist: While she was already prideful pre-Fall, witnessing the constant rise and fall of numerous civilizations, beings, and races took a toll on her mind and gradually stroked her ego until she became convinced that she is perfection itself. In her mind, everything is preordained to be born and die later on, while beings like her are omniscient and unchanging, which automatically makes her superior to all life and gives her the right to judge even deities as she sees fit.
- Not So Different: Despite High King Irminsul being good (for a certain value of 'good'), she recognizes and admires him for trying to make 'perfect' and 'flawless' children, even resorting to horrific means to do so. This horrifies and disgusts Irminsul, who tries to deny it, but Silk Dawn sees right through it.Silk Dawn: (to High King Irminsul) We both made some modifications to our children, trying to weed out their imperfections to get our perfect heir, and threw away what didn't work like a shirt that doesn't fit. I admire your ambition.
- Parental Incest: On top of physical and emotional abuse, she also saw nothing wrong with forcing herself on her own children for her sadistic pleasure.
- Pimped-Out Dress: She constantly wears fancy, over-the-top dresses, among other outfits.
- Rape Is a Special Kind of Evil: Just to emphasize how horrible she is as a parent, she also sexually abused her own children, which she excused as part of her attempts to 'purify' them, but it's mostly out of sadism and perfectionism. This is what caused one of her victimized daughters, Rose Regalia, to empathize with young Rosy Dreams, who went through the same thing as a filly before being rescued by the Terran Princes.
- Related in the Adaptation: The Codexverse makes her the biological mother of White Diamond (White Corona), Blue Diamond (Blue Diadem), Yellow Diamond (Yellow Barding), and Pink Diamond (Rose Regalia) in the Codexverse, except with the added twist of the former three being half-sisters to Rose Regalia, who was sired through Morning Star.
- Sadist: One of her defining traits of her character and one of the reasons why she is so despicable. She won't waste an opportunity to rub her superiority over her enemies and victims and her relationship with her children is filled with emotional, physical and even sexual abuse.
- Thanatos Gambit: Tried to off herself upon her Evil Plan being decisively foiled and sending the pieces to other worlds, in hopes that one of her pieces might return one day to avenge her. Fortunately, all her fragments are intercepted and contained, and her divine soul is captured to be judged by her Grand Primevals relatives and sent straight to a Hell reserved for gods, all but ensuring she would never return.
- Unholy Matrimony: Was apparently in one with Morning Star, the Fallen Alicorn of Light and Perfection before/during his own Fall and his own plans to takeover and remake the world in his image, with Rose Regalia, the Light of Healing being born from their union. It is not known whether or not they really loved each other or just got along for the sake of their own twisted ambitions.
- Villainous Breakdown: Goes into a prolonged one as her attempts to enact her Assimilation Plot is interrupted and foiled repeatedly by those who oppose her entering the fray. When she is decisively foiled and seeing her imminent defeat, she literally gets herself killed and tried sending her own remains into space in hopes that someday one of those pieces would return to avenge her.
- Villain Respect: She approved of High King Irminsul's similarly twisted standards of perfection and his vicarious ambitions to make his own children 'perfect' and flawless', including his fateful attempt to purify his unborn son High King Bogolenya of his inner flaws in-utero. Irminsul was left horrified and shaken by this.High King Irminsul: You... you... what did you do?!
Silk Dawn: What? All I did was do a little stitching when she was still developing.
High King Irminsul: You used your children as experiments! Like dolls you could change however you see fit!
Silk Dawn: You mean like you did with your son?
High King Irminsul: ...D-Don't you compare us, you monstrosity!
Silk Dawn: We both made some modifications to our children, trying to weed out their imperfections to get our perfect heir, and threw away what didn't work like a shirt that doesn't fit. I admire your ambition.
Portfolio: Ponykind, Heroes, War, Strength, Leadership
Sigmare, also known as 'Sigmare Mighty-Hammer' (her entry here), is the Alicorn goddess of Ponykind, Heroes, War, Strength, and Leadership, and is one of Emperor Golden Scepter's first Ascendant champions and students.
- 100% Adoration Rating: She was so acclaimed by her people and allies that after she abdicated the throne of the Empire of Ponykind and vanished from mortal history, she would become deified and worshipped in her Empire over subsequent generations.
- The Ace: Sigmare was a peerless warrior, charismatic visionary and respected Queen and later Empress of Ponies who founded one of the first great civilizations of Ponykind and helped kickstart Ponykind's rise to greatness. Her repute and achievements as this trope had only continued to grow after she achieved godhood under Golden Scepter's tutelage.
- Arch-Enemy: Her greatest enemy as a mortal was a Foil to her own achievements which arose in the north, Marekar the Unifier, who in revenge for Sigmare's retribution campaigns against them which destroyed her tribe unified many of the corrupted tribes and warbands of Ruinous Warriors in the north into a staggeringly huge horde and invaded Sigmare's empire with the intent to destroy all Sigmare built and raise an ever-lasting empire of Ruin from its ashes in the name of the ruinous pantheon the Ruinous Warriors worshipped. A second runner up was a Necromancer overlord whose Crown of Sorcery nearly corrupted Sigmare, and then invaded her empire with an army of Undead who went around slaughtering her subjects and committing vile atrocities among the living survivors for his rituals.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: She's an Alicorn goddess who embodies Ponykind, Heroes, War, Strength, and Leadership.
- Adaptational Sexuality: Sigmare, like her inspiration, had barely enough time for true love and romance with their dedication to Ponykind, but Sigmare in the Codexverse shows attraction to both males and females, usually warriors, sometimes even bedding dozens of them in one night if she feels particularly stressed.
- Badass Boast: See her quote above for a sample.
- Barbarian Hero: She was born to a Barbarian Tribe and raised to become a barbarian queen, and she plays the part of a Barbarian Hero to the hilt during her early mortal years even after becoming the empress of the Empire of Ponykind, fighting, drinking, bedding and ruling like any barbarian king/queen worth their salt.
- Barbarian Tribe: She was born in the Unbearoguean tribe, one of the twelve great tribes of Ponykind in a western land during one of the earliest eras of Ponykind's existence.
- Berserk Button:
Sigmare: WHAT TRAVESTY HAVE THEY MADE OUT OF OUR SAGA?!
- Making an insulting mockery out of her people and their achievements is one for her. She was barely stopped from pulverizing Games Workshop in utter apopleptic fury upon learning how badly they distorted her and her first empire's story in their 'Ponyhammer Fantasy Battle: Times of Ending' campaign and the 'Ponyhammer: Age of Sigmare' sequel, changing the ending for the purpose of narrative and making every character depicted (all based on people she knew and respected) look like absolute idiots doing so. Games Workshop is implied to have discontinued and bury both gamelines shortly afterwards just to avoid being quite literally smited by a goddess whose story and legacy were what their games' backstories were based on.
- Killing her companions and family. She developed an undying enmity for the corrupted tribes of Ruinous Warriors from the north as her father, a sister and a brother were killed trying to stop their incursions and rampages, and her sorrow and rage were such that the only course of action she could think of to appease them was to take the warriors of her tribe/empire up north on a campaign of vengeance and annihilation.
- Blood Knight: Sigmare is noted to have a deeply-ingrained lust for battle and violence, being quite literally born in midst of a war to the sound of battle and the touch of blood on her hide. This contributed to her prowess as a warrior, but she was also warned this lust for violence could lead her astray and prevent her from being the empress the newly-formed Empire of Ponykind needed to survive and thrive.'Old Seeress': Though you have the vision of a goddess, the heart which beats within you is that of a killer. You lust for violence, and unbalanced, that heart of darkness will destroy you and all you hold dear. Temper your rule with compassion, mercy and love. Only then will you be the empress this land needs for it to endure. This is my warning to you, Sigmare Mighty-Hammer, born in carnage and to the sound of thunder.
- Closet Geek: As it turned out, the million-years old goddess of Ponykind, Heroes, War, Strength and Leadership - who fought for Ponykind over aeons, saw empires rise and fall and even built many herself - is beneath her grim and determined exterior a massive tabletop game fan, having picked up the hobby at some point. During the Second Age she was outraged at Games Workshop for not only screwing up her and her era's story (which inspired the entire 'Ponyhammer Fantasy Battle' game franchise) with their 'Times of Ending' campaign and 'Age of Sigmare' reboot sequel, but also giving them terrible gameplay rules (at least in her opinion). She was so furious in fact she was barely stopped from singlehoofedly pulverizing the company by herself at full power with her warhammer in her apopleptic fury.
- The Conqueror: More unifier and founder, but through diplomacy and war she would bring together many tribes of Ponykind together to form one of the first great empires in their history, the Empire of Ponykind (No relations to her mentor's Imperium of Ponykind or his later Terran Empire).
- Comet of Doom: Her birth coincided with the appearance of a great crimson twin-tailed comet in the night sky which had been seen back in her days as a herald of events both tumultous and great. True to form, her birth was marked by her barbarian tribe fighting an invasion by a savage, warlike race, and it's implied her rise and reign would be marked by both unending conflict against forces of darkness but also leading Ponykind to unparalleled greatness.
- Create Your Own Villain: One of Sigmare's campaigns of retribution against the Ruinous Warrior tribes up north in revenge for killing her family and companions and harming her people wiped out the tribe of Marekar the Unifier, who out of revenge would mirror Sigmare's own deeds by unifying much of the northern tribes up north into a staggering invasion aiming to destroy everything Sigmare had built and create an everlasting dominion of ruin from the ashes on behalf of the ruinous pantheon they worship.
- Dawn of an Era: She was born in the earliest ages of Ponykind's existence, and it's implied her deeds helped ushered their rise to greatness.
- Deity of Human Origin: She was once a mighty warrior and leader among Ponykind whose achievements were such that Golden Scepter would take her in as his first student and champion among Ponykind, and she would Ascend under his tutelage into a true goddess.
- Determinator: Implied by her quote, so long as she lived, so long as Ponykind is assailed by threats, and so long as Ponykind is willing to unite and stand against them in strength, she will be there either in spirit or in person to lend her hammer and might to their aid.
- Divided We Fall: Possessed this opinion. Seeing her people living in fear of a dangerous world and splintered by petty squabbles even in the face of threats from all side is what inspired her grand ambition to unify the Pony tribes of her land into one indomitable empire which would stand the test of time and all menaces which could come their way.
- Drop the Hammer: Her signature weapon is the great enchanted warhammer, Skullsplitter. It became the symbol of her first empire, one of the first great civilizations of Ponykind, and the symbol of the faiths worshipping her well into the present. It is also the 'Ponyhammer' in which the "Ponyhammer Fantasy Battle" game franchise in the Second Age based on her story in-universe would be named after. According to her legend, she earned it after she and her warriors rescued a High King of the Duradin, Curt Ironskin, when he and his forces were cornered by a horde of Orrucs, forging an eternal friendship between Ponykind and the Duradin in the process.
- The Dreaded: She became feared and cursed among the Orrucs, Beastkin, Ruinous Warriors and other foes for the hammering she and her warriors gave them as she fought to unify her people and take out anything which may threaten them.
- Duel to the Death: She and her last great enemy Marekar the Unifier of the Ruinous Warriors fought for a day and a night when they finally clashed to the death even as their armies battled all around them. Despite many near-death close-calls, Sigmare would prevail and smote Marekar.
- The Empress: As a mortal, she united the great Pony tribes of her lands and forged the Empire of Ponykind out of them, with herself crowned as the first Empress. After her ascension to godhood this status is upgraded to God Empress.
- Expy: Of Sigmar Heldenhammer, the legendary founder and first emperor of the Empire of Man in Warhammer: Fantasy Battle.
- Every Man Has His Price: Sigmare got one aloof tribe under her banner by impressing them with gifts and respect rather than with sword and ravagery.
- God Empress: Is worshipped as a goddess after her abdication and disappearance from history, and became an actual one herself under the tutelage of Golden Scepter, founding and new ruling new empires with herself as sovereign.
- Heartbroken Badass: The deaths of her siblings and companions to war, assassins, sickness and misfortune over her life hit Sigmare hard, and her life is marked as much by tragedy as it was by triumph due to the personal losses and cost of making her dream a reality. Even so, she would bear it all over again for her people, and each loss had only made Sigmare double her efforts so their sacrifice would not be in vain.
- She wept for her father's and siblings' deaths to the Ruinous Warriors that often invaded her lands, and the campaigns of annihilation she led against them is as much to try and appease her sorrow and rage over them as it was to avenge the losses her lands and later her empire suffered because of them.
- Hidden Depths: Despite being a grim and determined million-years old warrioress, conqueror and sovereign who built and outlived empires and dedicated herself utterly to watching over Ponykind, she still have her quirks: Sigmare is a massive tabletop game nerd, is uncomfortable with being 'girly', and Really Gets Around with both males and females (usually warriors). She's also much more able at politics and governance than her Blood Knight Barbarian Hero character would suggest, being able to persuade other Pony leaders and tribes to her cause through diplomacy and charisma as much as through battle and duels and then holding it all together through the fifty years of her rule resolving old feuds and grudges between the tribes even while they are assailed by outside threats like a horde of Undead and incursions of the Ruinous Warriors.
- The Idealist: Sigmare is well aware of both the frailty of Ponykind in the dark times she lived and the weaknesses within them. Yet she believed that their inner strength could overcome their weaknesses and all other threats with the right inspiration and leadership, and worked to bring it about by unifying the formerly fractious and squabbling Pony tribes of her land under one banner, crown and throne in strength, courage and honour. Her idealism was proven right, and she succeeded beyond all expectations - Legends claim she even moved one cynical tribal king into joining her side by killing an Ogredrake menacing his lands without expecting anything in return and showing she was completely sincere about her intentions for unifying Ponykind.
- I Owe You My Life: The High King of the Duradin in Sigmare's mortal time, Curt Ironskin, held this attitude to Sigmare for saving his life from the Orrucs. In return, he offered her the legendary enchanted warhammer Skullsplitter and the eternal friendship between the Duradin and Ponykind.High King Curt Ironskin: Mighty is Sigmare, ye who hath saved a Duradin king from disgrace and death! How can I reward thy valour? I to my honour and shame hath no greater gift but one which most befits thee: A hammer of war, a mallet of power, cast from ore which fell from the sky with two tongues of fire. Made in the Forge of the Gods. Worked by the most skilled of Runesmiths. Ghal-Mareraz is its name: the Splitter of Skulls, the shatterer of shields, the sunderer of foes. It is yours, now and forever, as is our eternal camaraderie.
- It's Personal: Sigmare had it out for several groups of enemies in particular due to how personal the consequences of their actions were to her, and her responses usually come in the form of relentless hammering of her foes with her Skullsplitter at the head of a huge tribal/imperial army.
- Against the Orrucs and Grots for the death of her mother as well as threatening her people and their lands. One of her titles was 'the Hammer of the Orrucs'.
- Against the Ruinous Warriors from the north for the personal deaths of her father, a sister and a brother with their invasions and rampages on behalf of their ruinous pantheon. Her campaigns of retribution however also made it personal for at least one Ruinous Warrior, Marekar the Unifier, who would become her last great enemy.
- Against a Necromancer overlord whose whispering Crown of Sorcery nearly drove her to madness and tyranny before she realize what she was becoming and threw it off, as well as the terrible atrocities he committed for necromantic rituals during his Undead's invasion of the empire.
- Karmic Jackpot:
- According to her legend, her act of saving High King Curt Ironskin of the Duradin from the Orrucish hordes earned not only the eternal friendship between the Duradin and Ponykind for the rest of their existences, but also Sigmare her signature warhammer, Skullsplitter, as both a gift of gratitude from the High King but also to serve as a symbol of the new staunch alliance between their peoples.
- Her personal growth as a mare and warrior would catch the attention of Emperor Golden Scepter (then under the name of Auriolus Scaeptrum) and his adoptive daughter and first creation, Queen Rhodonite Mirror, who would both guide her in secret. Then, after uniting the twelve Pony tribes and creating/ruling a prosperous empire whose people have become self-reliant, she left on the fiftieth year of her reign to heed a call from an unknown source... only to discover that she was called over by Golden Scepter himself, who is so impressed with how she turned out that he personally offers to help her Ascend to godhood. Despite her initial misgivings, she ultimately accepts, allowing him to make her his champion and cleric.
- Living Legend: She is still alive today, and is an incredibly ancient and powerful goddess widely considered one of the greatest mortal and divine Ponies to have ever lived.
- The Lost Lenore: Gender-Inverted. One of the greatest tragedies of her mortal life was that chasing her dreams of unification, meeting her obligations as warrior-queen and founding empress and many circumstances beyond her control meant she never got the chance to find true love and raise a family. Laments were written of all the loves she had but could never consummate, the most famous of which was Ravanneighus of Unbearoguean.
- Magnetic Hero: Highly charismatic, Sigmare is well known for being able to inspire the best out of even the most cynical of Ponykind by sheer determination and sincerity and rallying Ponies to battle and to follow her vision through words and deeds.'The Legend of Sigmare': Time and time again she led them to battle, with her companions and fellow chieftains by her side, always at the front of her warriors and those from the other tribes of Ponykind. Time and time again she told them her vision of unity, and with every victory, every deed, every word and every moment, more and more took heed and listened. For it was true, the enemies of Ponykind were many and from all sides, and if they stood apart and not together, surely they would be doomed. Though alone each would fall to their foes and to the weaknesses in the hearts of all Ponies, She saw the strength which also dwells in the souls of all, and by bringing them together, she would forge an unbreakable bond which would hold in defiance against all else, a light of greatness lit to banish the encroaching darkness, within and without.
- The Magnificent: Known as "the Hammer of Ponykind", the title given to her by her mentor Golden Scepter himself upon accepting his offer to be his student and champion.
- My God, What Have I Done?: Being an imperfect mare, she greatly regretted nearly losing her way several times, most notably that one time she almost let the whispers of a Crown of Sorcery she picked up and wore drive her to tyranny and madness (which she atoned for by pulverizing the evil Necromancer lich responsible for making it when he invaded her empire).
- Noodle Incident: Invoked with her entry. Sigmare had done and accomplished so much throughout her aeons-long existence (spanning millions of years) it is impossible to fit it all in one or even a hundred entries. As a result much of her life and legend had to be mentioned only in passing.
- One-Man Army: If the legends are to be believed, she could singlehoofedly take out entire tribes and warbands of Beastkin and Orrucs by herself with her legendary warhammer even when she was a mortal. Becoming a goddess only turned this Up to Eleven.
- Our Founder: The unifier of the twelve great tribes and hundred other lesser herds and tribes of Ponykind in 'the west' and forging them into the Empire of Ponykind, with her as its legendary first empress.
- Rated M for Manly: Sigmare's character and legend is so manly (or 'Manely', using the in-universe term) that in the Second Age those who know of her legend frequently mistakened her for being a male stallion, not a mare and goddess whose deeds were so mighty and 'manely' she puts stallions to shame.
- Indeed, she had been a warrioress, conqueror and sovereign utterly dedicated to Ponykind's protection and welfare for so long she barely identifies herself as a mare and is [[uncomfortable with getting in touch with her 'feminine' side. Her reaction after spending a day with more feminine deities in the Fourth Age to reconnect with her feminine side was to do all sorts of masculine things, like wrestling Giants and Dragons, drinking and feasting with manely demigods, and bedding dozens of warriors both male and female in one night.
- Religious Bruiser: Sigmare is a follower of Wolfric, the god of Wolves, Winter and War in her people's lands, she was able to use this commonality to entice one particularly-religious great Pony tribe under her banner by promising to make the faith in Wolfric spread far and wide. True to form, the Church of Wolfric was centuries the sole state religion of her Empire of Ponykind before it acquires a rival in the Cult of Sigmare.
- Rousing Speech: Her charisma as a Magnetic Hero allowed her to drop a lot of these. And we do mean quite a lot.
- Shrouded in Myth: She has done a LOT - she had achieved so much and attained so many triumphs throughout her mortal life and divine existence that it was impossible to fit all of them in a single entry, and many of her legends could only be briefly mentioned, let alone verified.
- Time Abyss: She is Antercendent-ranked, and had been around since the earliest ages of Ponykind. This makes her at least several million years old.
- Tomboy: She identifies herself more with being a warrioress, conqueror and sovereign dedicated to Ponykind than an actual mare, and is uncomfortable getting in touch with her 'feminine' side. Justified in that she was raised by her barbarian king father alone in a time of war and strife.
- Tragic Hero: Chasing her dream/destiny to unify Ponykind in her lands under one dominion strong enough to endure and thrive had taken her everything she got and cost her dearly on a personal level, although to her it was worth it in the end by freeing her people and their lands from danger and darkness and inspired them to fulfill their potential and reach for greater heights.
- Try to Fit THAT on a Business Card!: Sigmare Mighty-Hammer, Queen of the Unbearogueans, Friend of the Duradin, Wielder of Skullsplitter, Hammer of the Orrucs and Grots, Scourge of the Beastkin, Bane of the Ruinous Warriors, Uniter of the Western Pony Tribes, first Empress of the Empire of Ponykind, Purger of the Vermintide, Repulser of the Undead, Destroyer of Marekar the Unifier... (And those are just the few among many she earned while mortal)
- War God: Implied; one of her domains is War.
- Winged Unicorn: Much like her divine mentor and patron, Emperor Golden Scepter, she is an Alicorn, though a very ancient and eldritch one since she was born before the Known Ages.
- Wowing Cthulhu: Sigmare's achievements in the earliest eras of Ponykind's existence was such that Emperor Golden Scepter, who provolved the Earthpony tribe, would offer to make her his champion and student, paving the way for her to become an Alicorn warrior goddess.
Portfolio: Life, Birth, Safety
The Stork (her entry here) is the Stork goddess of Life, Birth, and Safety whose primary roles are that of a protector and gentle deliverer.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: She's a Stork goddess who embodies Life, Birth, and Safety.
- The Magnificent: Known as "the Woeful Tide".
Portfolio: Exploration, Sand, Parental Deity (Camels)
Rank: Divine (Tier IV/Greater)
Sultana Sahra' (her entry here) is the Camel goddess of Enlightenment and Spirit, and, as her name suggests, is the "Parental Deity" of mortal Camelkind.
- Adaptational Backstory Change: Unlike her MLP G1 "Ponyfriend" counterpart, she's depicted here as the first sapient Camel to ever exist, and she lived in Paradise Estate during the First Age as part of a group of friends who, like her, were born the first sapient creatures of their own respective races. She's also the reason why Camels exist as a race in Equus, being the one who uplifted them into sapience.
- Adaptational Badass: In MLP canon, she was known as Spunky, a member of the G1 "Ponyfriends" toyline whose backstory depicts her as a lover of exploration. Here, she's reimagined as a bonafide Camel goddess who was born as Spunky in the First Age, but has since changed her name after Ascending to godhood under Mzazi/Zigzag's guidance. Among the powers she has are sand manipulation, magical navigation, and Camel-based racial magic, which is noted to be similar to Earth Pony magic.
- Alliterative Name: Sultana Sahra'.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: She's a Camel goddess who embodies Exploration, Sand, and Camels; the last part is because she is their "Parental Deity".
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: Because she loves exploring, she can sometimes get distracted by new sights as a result.
- Canon Character All Along: She's actually Spunky the Camel, who was introduced as a member of the G1 "Ponyfriends" toyline. It's justified as she changed her name to reflect her transformation into a goddess.
- Elemental Hair Composition: Post-Ascension, her mane and tail would be composed of flowing sand, which is fitting for a Sand goddess.
- Elemental Shapeshifter: As a goddess of Sand, she can turn herself into sand at will to evade attacks or move around.
- Ermine Cape Effect: Her usual attire is described as being that of Saddle Arabian royalty.
- Interspecies Friendship: She befriended the younger Celestial Griffon goddess, Vehere, over a shared love for traveling and they frequently travel together.
- Karmic Jackpot: When she was Spunky the mortal Camel, she befriended a mortal Zebra named Zigzag in Paradise Estate. Zigzag turned out to be the ancient Zebralicorn goddess Queen Mzazi, who incarnated herself as a mortal so she could keep herself in touch with mortal sapientkind. When Zigzag regained her memories and divine station as Mzazi, she would help Spunky and the other "Ponyfriends" Ascend to godhood, leading to them becoming what they are now.
- Magic Hair: Her mane and tail are made of flowing sand, and her fur also has sand constantly flowing from it, yet the sand never hits the ground.
- Magic Map: As a goddess of Exploration, she can create maps from magic alone. She often gives these maps to lost travelers so she can help them find their way.
- The Magnificent: Known as "the Mother of All Camels", due to her role in giving mortal Camelkind its sapience and influencing her race into what it is today.
- The Maker: She's responsible for creating mortal Camelkind. Once she Ascended to godhood under Queen Mzazi's tutelage, she would uplift the Camels by granting them sapience.
- Meaningful Name:
- Her birth name, Spunky, means "courageous" and "determined". She's energetic and curious, both as a mortal and as a goddess, and she's an avid explorer who used to explore Dream Valley with her friends.
- Her divine name, Sultana Sahra, translates to "desert sultan" in Arabic. She's a goddess of Sand who possesses extreme versatality in sand magic, and she frequently travels the desert out of love for exploring and to help any lost traveler she comes across.
- Mentor Archetype: After Ascending to godhood under Mzazi's tutelage, she would help the second generation of "Ponyfriends" (which included Marlu/Baby Hoppy of Meridia) Ascend to godhood themselves.
- The Navigator: As a goddess of Exploration, she possesses an inherent homing instinct, preventing her from beocming lost no matter where she is, as well as a Photographic Memory concerning places she previously visited. She can also create Magic Maps from magic alone, which she gives to lost travelers as a form of aid.
- Odd Job Gods: Her domain of Exploration doesn't seem like much, but it prevents her from getting lost no matter where she is, and she can create maps from magic alone, which is a very useful power to have for avid explorers like her. Her Photographic Memory also allows her to remember places she previously visited so she can go back to them whenever she wants.
- Outdoorsy Gal: She's an energetic and curious goddess who loves to explore; even as a mortal Camel, she would explore Dream Valley with her friends. Despite having lived a long time, she still enjoys seeing new things she had never seen on Equus before, and she feels excited whenever someone discovering a new sight with awe and wonder. She also holds scavenger hunts for both mortals and gods in the form of structures she created herself, and protects any lost travelers she comes across.
- Pals with Jesus: Justified. Many deities from the First Age, such as Arcaniss and Mzazi, were her friends when they were mortals. Her friendship with Mzazi allowed her to Ascend to godhood herself once her friend regained her memories and divine station, whereas Arcaniss Ascended through Luminiferous' tutelage.
- Photographic Memory: As a goddess of Exploration, she possesses a photographic memory concerning places she previously visited.
- Purple Is Powerful: She has a purple Pony-like mane and tail, and she's an ancient Camel goddess who was responsible for granting sapience to mortal Camelkind. It's also noted she's part of the 'first-generation' of Ponyfriends, making her older and more powerful than subsequent generation members like Marlu.
- Sand Blaster: As a goddess of Sand, she has advanced sand-related magic, being able to generate and control sand to an incredible degree. She can turn the shifting desert sands to solid rock and back again, control it and shape it into weapons, objects, structures, and other uses. This includes creating giant tendrils of sand for combat, as well as blades and bludgeons. She can also turn the sand into glass, potentially for use as offensive weapons, and is capable of turning into sand at will to evade attacks or move around. The sheer versatility of her sand manipulation is such that enemies are kept at a distance and constantly guessing.
- Scavenger Hunt: She often makes 'scavenger hunt' games for mortals and gods to play in the forms of structures she created hereslf.
- Sinister Scimitar: Subverted. Her main combat weapon is a scimitar, but she's a benevolent goddess who loves exploring and creating Scavenger Hunts for mortals and gods to play.
- The Smart Guy: Downplayed. While not intelligent like King Baarish and High King Kaldr, who are both gods of Wisdom, she's quite smart herself, especially when it comes to puzzles, traps, and riddles. Notably, she has often matched wits with the Sphinx Pantheon.
- Supernatural Is Purple: Both her mane and tail are purple, and because she Ascended as a goddess of sand, her hair became composed of flowing sand.
- Weak, but Skilled: Her sand manipulation is noted to lack exceptional strength by divine standards, but it makes up for this by granting sheer versatility.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: She has purple hair.
Portfolio: Cosmic Energy, Justice, Mercy
Thrýlos (his entry here) is the Giant god of Cosmic Energy, Mercy, and Justice, and is an ancient yet mysterious deity whom people know very little about.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: He's a Giant god who embodies Cosmic Energy, Justice, and Mercy.
- Fusion Dance: He's formed by Eiríni and Dikastí merging into one, though it's implied more accurately that they're him divided in two.
- Wave-Motion Gun: His first act upon being formed against Cosmos was to blow a hole in her and send her flying across the subcontinent with one of these.
- Reptiles Are Abhorrent: Implied, as she was described as a reptile-like goddess whose hunger and disposition is just as bad, if not worse, than Díniydátis's.
- Worthy Opponent: Attempts to eat each other aside, she genuinely respects Díniydátis for her prowess and was impressed by it so much that she taught the cursed goddess how to spawn more mouths on her body, both for combat and consumption.
Portfolio: Wind, Kindness, Parental Deity (Giraffes)
Rank: Divine (Tier IV/Greater)
Upepo (her entry here) is the Giraffe goddess of Wind and Kindness and, as her epithet indicates, is the "Parental Deity" of mortal Giraffekind.
Upepo was once a mortal Giraffe called Creamsicle, and was the first sapient Giraffe in existence. Her home was originally in Dream Valley, where she lived with other mortal "Ponyfriends" such as Oakley, Zigzag, Cha Cha, and Edgar. When Zigzag regained her memories as Queen Mzazi and Ascended back to her divine station and form, she would help her friends Ascend to godhood as well. Upepo took on her current name after becoming a Giraffe goddess, and chose to uplift mortal Giraffekind by giving them sapience.
- Adaptational Badass: In canon, she's Creamsicle, a member of the G1 "Ponyfriends" toyline. Here, she became a powerful Giraffe goddess with ties to Mzazi, her best friend and a fellow divine.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: She's a Giraffe goddess who embodies Wind, Kindness, and Giraffes; the last part is because she is their "Parental Deity".
- Blow You Away: As the Giraffe goddess of Wind, she is capable of using wind magic. However, her take on it is that most of her attacks require movement - with a few sweeping, graceful movements such as spins and kicks, she can form tornadoes, gusts, and wind blades. One favored attack involves turning herself into a living spear by creating a sharp miniature tornado around her head, which can pierce through any foe she charges.
- Elemental Hair Composition: Her mane and tail were described by her entry as being made of miniature tornadoes, which fits her being the living embodiment of Wind.
- The Empath: She's described by her entry as being one. As the goddess of Kindness, she has psychic empathy, which means she can create an aura that brings out the inner goodness of people and ebbs aggression, though she doesn't force it. This largely explains why she's so compassionate to even "evil" beings like Temnobog and treats them kindly. It's also because of this that Canteros, the Primeval/Preeminent god of Requited Love, arranged for her to befriend Temnobog, as the dark stag was still suffering from the consequences of the Elternteil Deer Pantheon's emotional abuse, and thus desperately needed some love and kindness to recover from it.
- Friend to All Children: One Codexverse drabble has her playing with the Four Terrors' youngest children by letting them ride atop her head, her wind magic protecting them from falling over.Upepo: All aboard the S.S. Upepo! Hold on tight, every-creature!
Four Terrors' youngest children: Wheeeeeeeeeee!
- Gentle Giant: As a Giraffe goddess, she's very large, though not as tall as Queen Tiara, a Sauropodian goddess and one of her old friends who is the largest of the "Ponyfriends", or divine Dragons and Giants in general. She's also a very kind, if somewhat mischievous person who's willing to fight and protect those she cares about when necessary.
- Improbable Weapon User: Due to being a Giraffe, she uses her own long neck like a sword. It's noted in her entry that her neck is in fact heavily muscled and more of a weapon than a weakness.
- Last of His Kind: Inverted; she was the first sapient Giraffe to be born. Once she Ascended to godhood thanks to Zigzag/Mzazi, she chose to uplift mortal Giraffekind by granting them sapience.
- Magic Hair: After becoming a goddess, her mane and tail echoed the appearance of miniature tornadoes.
- The Magnificent: Known as "the Wind Mother", due to being a goddess of Wind and a 'Parental Deity' who helped create mortal Giraffekind by uplifting them into sapience.
- The Maker: She's responsible for creating mortal Giraffekind. Once she Ascended to godhood under Queen Mzazi's tutelage, she would uplift the Giraffes by granting them sapience.
- Meaningful Name:
- Her birth name, Creamsicle, refers to a creamsicle, which is a brand of popsicle made with ice cream. It's also the name of a sweet vodka-based drink. Fittingly, she has a huge Sweet Tooth and loves cakes and sweets, to the point where her mortal followers offer them in tribute.
- Her divine name, Upepo, means "wind" in Swahili. As a goddess, she has a Wind domain, which gives her lots of wind-related powers.
- Nice Guy: As the Giraffe goddess of Kindness, she's very compassionate and empathetic... literally. She's a very perky and friendly sort, with a slight mischievous streak, as she often playfully uses her powers to suddenly appear to unwary passerby to startle them. She gets along with similarly compassionate deities like Belyolen, since he's a radiant stag with endless compassion, but she also treats Temnobog kindly despite his innate Evil, which the dark stag appreciates. Canteros' entry reveals that it was because of this trait that she ended up associating with Temnobog in the first place; as the god of Requited Love, Canteros "nudged some things" so that Temnobog's desire for love and respect would finally be answered, and gain friends in empathetic individuals who will help him recover from the Elternteil Deer Pantheon's emotional abuse.
- Pals with Jesus: Justified; she knew Queen Mzazi when she was the mortal Zebra, Zigzag, from the First Age. When Mzazi regained her memories and Ascended, she helped her friends Ascend as well, allowing the once-mortal Creamsicle to uplift mortal Giraffekind into sapience.
- The Paragon: Justified; due to being an empath and the goddess of Kindness, she carries an aura around her that brings out the goodness of people and inspires them to do good things.
- Perception Filter: She can use her wind magic to silence her own movements, which is useful since she's a large goddess.
- Supernatural Floating Hair: Well, fur; because she embodies Wind, her fur is described as having a constant breeze blowing through it.
- Sweet Tooth: Her entry notes that she has a notable sweet tooth, to the point where her mortal followers often gift her with sweets and cakes. This is reflected in her birth name, which was Creamsicle.
Portfolio: Evil, Freedom, Chaos, Dark Magic
- Ax-Crazy: In a preview drabble, Vondur is shown to punish insubordination by boiling the transgressors alive and used the pot to make potions and stews to buff and feed the rest of his forces.
- Benevolent Boss: Surprisingly, he's a very good boss to his subordinates (so long as they remain loyal. If not...), which partly explains why he is so effective and dangerous an Evil Overlord.
- Beware the Silly Ones: He is rather Laughably Evil and quite laid-back when not properly motivated - but it should be noted that he is still exceedingly dangeorus and effective. This guy and his Shadowpact Empire were both once legitimate rivals to Sekra the Indomitable and her Old Cryptan Empire back during their hay-day in the Third Age.
- Big Entrance: How he made his grand return as an active Evil Overlord and God of Evil in the 'Fourth Age': interrupting a battle between Cryptan forces led by his arch-rival Sekra the Indomitable with other heroic factions and nations, leading his own army with the intent of fighting her then and there and proclaiming his presence in full Large Ham mode.
- Chaotic Evil: Of the 'Chaos Over Evil' flavour, according to his author and from what little of him shown so far.
- Evil Overlord: A surprisingly capable and dangerous one from the Third Age.
- He's Back: Hearing his old Arch-Enemy / rival High Queen Sekra return was enough to spur him back into action.
- How the Mighty Have Fallen: Having survived with his empire into the Fourth Age at a much reduced state... until he heard his old rival Sekra returned. He immediately got to work getting back up so he continue their struggle.
- Large Ham: Oh, Hell YES.Vondur: [Meeting his rival once again] HELLOOOOO, SEKRA! Did you MISS me?!
- Laughably Evil: He's known to have a VERY dark sense of humour, but is still incredibly dangerous. He is also quite hammy and fun-loving despite being villainous, perhaps stemming from his Third Age background.
- The Rival: Was apparently one to Sekra the Indomitable, High Queen of Crypta according to Nevermore813, the feelings of which were mutual. No sooner had he heard his old rival Sekra had returned, Vondur immediately went straight to work getting his empire up and running again to its former power and menace, just so he could fight her again on equal grounds.
- From the same source, he also apparently don't get along with the infamous Vicearch Iniquitous of the Malrègnar Empire. Their conflict stems from the contrasting natures of their Evil: the 'Lawful Evil' Iniquitous finds him and his ways too wild for her taste, while the 'Chaotic Evil' Vondur considers her a 'stick-in-the-mud'.
W to Z
Portfolio: Want, Desperation, Poverty
Rank: Divine (Titan/???)
Want (her entry here) is the Alicorn(?) goddess of Want, Desperation, and Poverty, and is the twin sister of Ignorance.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: She's an Alicorn(?) goddess who embodies Want, Desperation, and Poverty. More literal than most divines, as Morning Star literally made her from Sapientkind's collective want, desperation, and poverty.
- Blue-and-Orange Morality: Want is not genuinely malevolent, more she has an extremely alien mindset and might not even know herself why she does what she does.
- A Dog Named "Dog": Want is the Alicorn(?) goddess of... Want.
- The Heartless: Morning Star created her from his essence combined with Sapientkind's collective want, desperation, and poverty.
Portfolio: Fear, Intolerance, Irrational Hatred
- Anthropomorphic Personification: She's a goddess who embodies Fear, Intolerance, and Irrational Hatred.
- Batman Gambit: She's very good at manipulating the racist and intolerent. Shown when she easily manipulates Lord Chancellor Hatur to try and kill the Equestrian diplomatic party, an action that would likely provoke a larger conflict between the two nations had it not be twarted.
- Be Careful What You Wish For: Invoked by Xenophobia herself once she revealed her existence and attempts to enact her terrible plans, believing she is only doing what her 'parents' - Sapientkind - wanted in their fear and hatred of anyone not themselves.
- Fantastic Racism: The fear, hatred and intolerance of the Fourth Age, especially from the likes of the Tribalists and Autorists, during the century-spanning Time of Trials of the time ultimately resulted in Xenophobia's birth.
- Humans Are Bastards: Essentially the embodiment of mortal sapientkind's fear, intolerance and hatred for one another because of their differences. Hence her name.
- Irrational Hatred: One of her domains is Irrational Hatred, representing the hatred people bear against others for the most trivial of reasons, such as race or tribe.
- Made of Evil: According to her creator, she's essentially the embodiment of the Fourth Age's recurring problem with racism and xenophobia made flesh.
- Meaningful Name: 'Xenophobia' refers to a person's strong dislike or hatred of people from other countries or, in fiction, other races. Xenophobia is the divine embodiment of the fear and hatred stoked by racial/tribal hate groups such as Tribalists and Autorists, and thus seeks nothing more than to discourage racial co-existence on behalf of her 'parents'.
- Person of Mass Destruction: She's mentioned to be monstrously powerful due to the sheer amount of hatred, racism, and xenophobia she's spent the entire Time of Trials feeding on.
- Always Identical Twins: Maybe. She is a twin sister of Blue Diadem, though it's not yet known if they're identical or fraternal.
- Identical Twin ID Tag: She is a twin sister of Blue Diadem, though it's not yet known if they're identical or fraternal.
- Related in the Adaptation: In Steven Universe, her relation to Blue Diamond as sisters is implied, but here as Yellow Barding, they're explicitly stated to be twin sisters. White Diamond is implied to be her mother-figure, but here she's Yellow Barding's older biological sister who had to become a Parental Substitute in place of their own mother, Silk Dawn. Silk Dawn's entry reveals that Yellow Barding is actually a being created from White Corona's traits by Silk Dawn under the belief that she is fixing her daughter's 'imperfections'.
Portfolio: Neutrality, Truth, Fair Say
Zhōnglì (his entry here) is the Draconequus god of Neutrality, Truth, and Fair Say, and is an extremely enigmatic yet wise deity.
- Above Good and Evil: Described as such by his profile. Unlike Emperor Blackthorn, who claims to be this trope yet is an extremely amoral individual, Zhōnglì merely sees "good" and "evil" as concepts and ideas, and as such, he is considered to be truly above good and evil in that he takes neither side, merely acting as an unbiased observer.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: He's a Draconequus god who embodies Neutrality, Truth, and Fair Say.
Portfolio: Destruction, Decay, Pollution
Zkáza (his entry here) is the Fallen Draconequus god of Destruction, Decay, and Pollution, and a brother of Pakak, the Draconequus god of Mischief.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: He's a Fallen Draconequus god who embodies Destruction, Decay, and Pollution. He was also once seen as "Nature's Wrath", as he was the living consequence of unrestricted destruction of natural environments, such as landslides resulting from extreme deforestation and sinkholes resulting from overmining. However, like Ispita, he became a Fallen god because he eventually grew to love his role too much, and perpetuated destruction and ruin for the sake of them where he once used them as warnings.
- The Magnificent: Known as "the Destroyer".
- Meaningful Name: His name translates to "destruction", "ruin", and/or "corruption" in Czech.