Second-Age Heroes | Second-Age Villains | Fourth-Age Heroes (Pillars of Equestria, Sisterhood of Magical Fillies [Dazzling Divas]) | Fourth-Age Villains (Alicorn Ascendancy, Tyrannos Pantheon, Children of Ispita, The Shadowed Ones, Tribalists, Autorists, Hydianites) | The Grand Primevals | Efévresi | Amaredae | Equestrian Pantheon | Breezie Pantheon | Diamond Dog Pantheon | Gremlin Pantheon | Bogolenya Deer Pantheon (Belyolen, Temnobog, The Four Terrors) | Abyssinian Pantheon | Church of the Stars (Healing Song, Golden Scepter) | Virtusidae | Elder Quintumvirate | Poenan Pantheon | Coltic Pantheon | Trimortidae (Bossa Nova Heartstrings) | Caearnarian Deer Pantheon | Hoyklan Deer Pantheon | Elternteil Deer Pantheon | Minotaur Pantheon | Jotunn Pantheon | Tauren Giant Pantheon | Draconic Pantheon | Shinseina Pantheon | Dharmadeshvar Pantheon | Zebrafrican Pantheon | Old Orosian Pantheon | Pramanthan Pantheon | Great Skunk Pantheon | Sauropodian Pantheon | Kaluan Pantheon | Novellus Pantheon | Unaffiliated Deities (Blue Suede Heartstrings) | Principalities of Equestria (Canterlot, Ponyville) | Sunnytown | Grittish Isles | Crystal Empire | Luchalibre | Alvslog Deer Realms | Erobreseg Deer Realms | Nordskelt Deer Realms | Caearnar | Abyssinia | The Storm Empire | Terran Empire (Aureusidae [Blazing Hoof, Fanged Paw, Forging Scale, Clear Voice, Crimson Star, Bright Eyes, Steel Barricade, Death Shroud, Written Word, Night Shade, Red Blade]) | The Changeling Courts (Spring Court, Summer Court, Autumn Court, Winter Court) | Kulesian-Mazlander Commonwealth | Malrègnar Empire | Vertusia | New Crypta | The Cloven Empire | Zebrica | Friendship Gardens | Hyrule | Machina | Federal Republic of Ponyland | Coltalia | Neighpon | Imperium of Ponykind | Kerajaan Cahaya | Sauropoda | Hybrid Haven | Meridia | Dragonflights | Giants | Mephitidia | Mousikós | Alicorn Civilization | Empire of the Fae | The Visitors | Creatures and Monsters | Historical and Mythical Characters | The Lost Ones
open/close all folders
A to C
Andhera Mahaaraanee, the Flowing Darkness
Divine Classification: Ascendant/Elemental/Ethereal, Dark/Evil, Fragment of Erebus
Portfolio: Primordial Darkness, Corruption, Amorality, Umbramancy
Rank: Divine (Tier V/Titan)/Antecedent/???
"My brothers and sisters are fools. They act like they are raging fires or rooted forests, and find themselves extinguished or cut down. I shall be as darkness truly IS - flowing like water, coming when the light leaves, and going when the light returns. Let the others desire the world, and falter - I will flourish comfortably with what I can have."
Andhera Mahaaraanee (here entry here) is the goddess of Primordial Darkness, Corruption, Amorality, and Umbramancy, and is one of the infamous 'Fragments/Children of Erebus', making her related to the likes of Rabia, Queen of the Umbrum and the Shadowed Ones in Cervidia.
While very much a villainous goddess and a menace in her own right, her modus operandi, like her origins, are somewhat unique and unusual compare to her more malicious brethren. Yet this is perhaps is what serve to make her at least more persistent than her siblings, and given the chance, potentially more dangerous.
- Above Good and Evil: To the point that amorality is part of her domain. Justified in part due to her age and her nature.
- The Assimilator: One of the worse fates she can do to her victims is swallowing them whole and alive in her darkness and being magically converted into shadows, allowing her to literally make them a part of her, mind, body and soul.
- Big Eater: Not necessarily a genuine need for sustenance, but her sociopathic desire for stimulation meant that she had a ravenous appetite for devouring other beings mortal, divine or otherwise for all the thrills and sensations intruding and playing with their minds and memories could provide her. Justified in that she's a goddess, whose unique physiology include things like their bodies being 'Bigger on the Inside' realms in their own right. The capabilities of her Primordial Darkness nature also allows her to magically transform those she devoured into disembodied mass of shadows that she can then assimilate into her greater darkness, giving her body practically unlimited storage capacity.
- She devoured a city's worth of her own subjects as well as revolting rebels, foreign invaders, treacherous usurpers and even demons in her service on the night she Ascended to godhood and flooded the whole burning, war-torn capital in darkness, and that was by complete accident during a Traumatic Superpower Awakening. Had she been allowed to go on the Roaring Rampage of Revenge she had planned on against her rebelling subjects and enemy maharajahs, she likely would had go on to devour everyone/everything in her kingdom and even the neighbouring kingdoms.
- Big, Screwed-Up Family: Andhera belongs to TWO of them - her mortal one with her Maharajah father's Deadly Decadent Court, and her divine one with her fellow Fragments/Children of Erebus. Apart from the possible exceptions of her parents and Skotádi, she doesn't care much for either of them, seeing them at best as useful to have around and at worst another potential meal.
- Blue-and-Orange Morality: Amorality is part of her domain and she is a sociopath, meaning that she effectively do not have a sense of Good and Evil as we understand them. Also, given how old she may be, she likely preceded morality as modern-day Ponies understood them and see them as transient and meaningless as any other, giving her another reason to not have one or care for one.
- The Caligula: Was this during her Evil Overlord phase thanks to her then unrestrained sociopathy and hedonism. After it backfired on her badly, she had since reined it in.
- Casting a Shadow: Comes with being a fragment/children of a dead god of primordial darkness. She even innovated her own branch of Umbramancy, which is notable for its flowing, water-like qualities. Her predatory disposition is also reflected in the predatory shadow forms that often emerge to devour those that were enveloped and drowning in her water-like darkness. She could also sense and access others' existence and nature through tethering into their shadows, which is how she was able to discover not only Stygian was the Pony of Shadows, but also that his Pony of Shadows persona is not entirely gone.
- The Corrupter: Is this, given it's one of her portfolios. Those who went through her corruptive mercies are either reduced to broken, obedient shells of their former selves, or become so consumed by her darkness they become twisted in both mind and body into becoming her 'Andheraksha' shadow demons.
- Deadly Decadent Court: Grew up in one and thrived in it. Thanks to her Sociopathy and Shadow-Sorcery, she had an edge over the rest of her family. When her parents passed away and everyone scrambled for the throne, she was eventually able to come up on top through no small amount of deceptions, manipulations and betrayals.
- Deity of Human Origin: Andhera is an 'Ascendant' deity despite being also a fragment of a dead primordial god. This is due to the fact that a shard of Erebus somehow found its way into her mother's womb, entered the growing fetus and fused with the tiniest spark of her soul the moment it appeared, resulting in her being already Semi-Divine when born and paving the way for her ascension much later when her true heritage finally reawakened. Incidentally, this made her one of the few members of her kin to have anything resembling a mortal childhood like Skotádi - not that it changed how she turned out, of course.
- Defiant to the End: She screamed her defiance to those trying to kill her as her self-centered tyrannical reign self-destructs and she is besieged on all-sides by rebels, invaders and usurpers. Trembling with rage at her impending doom, she declared that she would destroy them all with her power - before unleashing her awakened true nature and proceeding to do just that.Usurper: It's over! Your reign of darkness ends here!Andhera: Darkness? You think you know what it means?! You know NOTHING! I am your queen - your GODDESS! AND FOR YOUR TREASON, I WILL DROWN YOU ALL IN MY DARKNESS!
- Demon of Human Origin: Could invoke this through her domain of Corruption, turning those she fancies on a whim into her darkness-tainted 'Andheraksha' servants.
- Doting Parent: Her royal parents loved her very much and doted on her, to the point that even though Andhera was a sociopath she found herself somewhat distraught when they died (though other reasons were involved). But it should be noted they were not nice people by any metric and spoiled her rotten, which together with Andhera's true nature turned her into The Sociopath. Their upbringing of Andhera essentially serve as a Deconstruction of the idea that being raised by loving parents guarantees their children would grow up functional and heroic like in many other cases in and outside the Codexverse - her parents loved her, and it made her worse, not better. This incidentally makes Andhera a foil to her older sister Skotádi, the Darkness Primeval, who was implied to have been raised by mortals and turned out good.
- The Dreaded: Thanks in part to her being an embodiment of Primordial Darkness, her very presence makes others afraid of her on a primal level, the same way many living things are instinctively afraid of the dark. Her sociopathic tyranny and dark powers also contributes greatly to her having this reputation to her oppressed subjects and rival sovereigns even back when she was just the reigning Maharajin of her late parents' kingdom.
- Eaten Alive: Has a predatory disposition due to her sociopathy, and one of the things she does to her victims is to drown/devour them in her darkness, converting them magically into shadows and making their essence one with her.
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: Despite her sociopathy making it difficult for her to care genuinely for anyone, she apparently did have some consideration for a few others, especially those who had done her right enough. She was apparently distraught by the loss of her royal parents, which is justified in part because they had doted and spoiled her her whole life and granted her all the thrills and privileges she had desired, although the loss of their protection from rivals or consequences of her actions given the Deadly Decadent Court she lived in was also a factor.
- Evil Overlord: After her parents died and she won the throne over her squabbling siblings, she became this for a time, having nothing and no one left to restrain her sociopathic impulses. Her family's rule, already despotic and decadent, went into full-blown corrupt tyranny under her, with her doing things like plundering her own country's wealth from both poor and rich for her own expenses, waged wars against other kingdoms of Hind to sate her bloodlust and for more to rule over, enslaved many to build monuments and fill her palaces for her glory and pleasure, consorted with demons (Rakshas & Asuras alike) and cultists drawn to her evil, and killed/terrorized anyone who stood in her way. This ultimately backfired on her.
- Evil Tastes Good: Literally, at least with regard to savouring her fellow Fragments/Children of Erebus, although it's implied given her nature as a Sense Freak and Pragmatic Villainy she generally prefers eating other Evil and Depraved beings to eating Good and Virtuous beings. Not likely out of the non-existent goodness of her sociopathic heart, mind you, but more because Evil beings indulging in various Vices nets her more intense and pleasurable emotions and feelings which she likes to savour, and are less likely to outrage the good and heroic into opposing her, while other villainous beings likely don't care about their compatriots' fate and would had done it themselves given the chance.
- Fate Worse than Death: Being Eaten Alive and being assimilated mind, body and soul into her being is considered such as it gives her full access to her victims' everything, allowing her to violate their very existence for thrills and corrupt them both heart and form with her darkness to her liking. It is reversible as Andhera had been forced to give them up before, still alive, to distract her good and noble foes, but from the traumatized, terrified and tainted broken shells (or monsters) she often left them, it is not that much of a blessing.
- Foil: To not only her siblings but also other God of Evil in her beliefs and modus operandi.
- Like Ragnarokkr, she is a sociopathic deity who cares little for those she hurts and could even find sick amusement in their suffering. Unlike Ragnarokkr, she is more of a 'covetous sociopath' than a 'malignant narcissistic sociopath' who is at least smart enough to rein her impulses in and reduce the amount of victims and damages she creates out of pragmatism.
- Like Iniquitous, Vicearch of Malregnar, Andhera is pragmatic in her villainy and also devours mortals and gods alike to her own ends. However, whereas Iniquitous devours others for POWER and is a Visionary Villain who direct her Evil towards higher purposes to avoid self-destructing, Andhera has no such high-minded ideals and does what she does mostly for PLEASURE, means to the mostly lower ends of her own comfort and luxury. Both, however, shares the same desires for self-preservation and thus avoid doing too much damage in ways that would attract too much opposition from good and heroic forces.
- Tying to both above, Andhera contrasts with her siblings in that she is mostly focus on satisfying her own selfish welfare in her evil/villainy and thinks terrorizing or threatening the world like her siblings do as idiotic, since such antics would eventually screw them over. Ironically, by not being as evil and villainous as her siblings does (and even helps get rid of them for her own ends), she ends up being much more persistent than many of them and in the long-term more dangerous.
- To Pokhot, the Damsel of Desire and youngest of Temnobog's Four Terrors. Like Pokhot, Andhera is a vain, pleasure-seeking hedonist who revel in all kinds of sensations, in part because they were born irrevocably tainted by some form of Evil that compel them to do so. Unlike Pokhot, depravity and Evil are not part of Andhera's domain and she does not draw any power from them, only pleasure and amusement.
- Fusion Dance: How she came to be - long ago in the distant past, a shard of Erebus fused with Andhera's soul in her mother's womb the moment the tiniest spark of it appeared, causing her to be born already Semi-Divine and contributing greatly to not only her godhood, but also her affinity for manipulating darkness and possibly even her sociopathic character.
- God of Evil: Like other villainous, evil and/or fallen deities and many of her siblings, she is this, but of a Neutral Evil bend since she is more interested in her own luxury and thrills than threatening and terrorizing the world. In fact, compared to her demigod Evil Overlord phase, she actually became LESS evil out of pragmatism, valuing long-term survival and comfort that comes with not doing too much damage and attracting too much opposition. Since she's a sociopath, she probably can't even properly understand good or evil beyond a philosophical level and is incapable of caring about it.
- Has Two Mommies: Has two fathers (or mothers. It really depend on Erebus' actual gender, if Erebus even have one, that is), her biological father being the Maharajah of her homelands and her divine parent being the shard of Erebus which fused with her at the moment her soul appeared in her fetus. This is what made her both a Fragment/Child of Erebus and a Hindian Pony Princess/Maharajin.
- The Hedonist: Is solely concerned by her desire to have her own birthright - and with it all the decadent luxuries and royal privileges she enjoys - restored in some manner, not caring who or what gets in her way, not even her own kin.
- Best exemplified when she spend a whole day savouring the sheer amount of thrills and sensations from the entire population of her capital city that she had unwittingly devoured and made part of herself on the night of her Ascension. The entry mentions this was the first time she felt anywhere remotely sated in her existence. And she still craved for more.
- When she finally had enough of the pantheon of fellow Fragments/Children of Erebus' antics and decided to turn on them, she took her sweet time 'using them for her pleasure' after subduing them before she devoured them all. In all likelihood, she's going to enjoy herself with tormenting them and savouring their sensations as a part of her, forever.
- Her entry even officially classifies her as an 'Amoral Covetous Hedonist'.
- I Am A Humanitarian: She sees nothing wrong with devouring mortals, divines and other beings alike, seeking to magically convert and assimilate them into her darkness, mind, body and soul. Unlike Vicearch Iniquitous, who does it for power and punishment over others, Andhera does this mostly for pleasure, given the sheer amount of thrills she can get from savouring and toying with their essence for her emotionally-numbed sociopathic mind.
- In the Blood: It is implied that her sociopathic amorality may not be so much due to the unique circumstances of her birth and upbringing as well as her own character: Many of her fellow Fragments/Children of Erebus who she later met are stated to be just as bad if not worse in their own way compare to her, with Skotádi being marked as one of the few exceptions. The fact that Andhera - explicitly described as an amoral covetous/predatory hedonist - is one of the few Erebus-kin who have no ill-will and could even get along with Skotádi is often cited as a testament to just how dysfunctional and diabolic much of the Fragments/Children of Erebus generally are.
- Know When to Fold 'Em: Even she realized that the Hind Pantheon at her time is too ancient and powerful for her to handle, and legs it out of her homeland as soon as they found out what happened and tried to seal or destroy her.
- Lack of Empathy: She doesn't care for the thoughts and feelings of others except herself and takes a lot for her to even value another person as being anything to her beyond another servant, plaything or morsel to satiate her every whim. Justified given she's The Sociopath.
- Lady of Black Magic: In her case, Umbramancy is also part of her domain, to the point that she is the originator of one school/form of Shadow-manipulating sorcery.
- Laser-Guided Karma: Her stint as a sociopathic tyrant ultimately backfired on her, hard, as her short-sighted impulsivity ruined her kingdom and eventually made everyone so sick of it they united/rebelled against her. This nearly got her killed by usurpers, and despite having Ascended to godhood, she would still lose everything, forced to abandon her birthright and her luxurious royal life to flee, wanted by mortal and divine powers for her crimes. If nothing else, her experiences from this disastrous episode proved traumatic enough that, in spite of her sociopathy, she would learn a valuable lesson in pragmatism and restrain for her future stint as a God of Evil.
- A Lighter Shade of Black: By her own admittance, she don't go out of her way to cause death and destruction unlike her siblings except when it truly benefits her and is pragmatic enough to keep it down so she doesn't have the whole world out to get her. Ironically, this may make her even more persistent and thus likely more dangerous in the long run than her own siblings.
- Made of Evil: Made up of the shadowy essence of a dead Fallen primordial god of darkness like her other siblings, and also villainously evil (though apparently not to the same extent). It might explain why she turned out to become a sociopath.
- Meaningful Name: Andhera Mahaaraanee means 'Dark Empress' in Hindi, which is appropriate considering her nature as both Fragment/Child of Erebus and a decadent royal.
- Mind Rape: She could do this to those she devoured mind, body and soul, intruding their existence to read and experience their thoughts, memories and emotions, corrupting and playing with their very essence in her darkness, both to torment those she believe wronged her and to extract more thrills to fill the cold darkness inside of her. It had been described as being incredibly agonizing and terrifying for those she toys with, and even if she eventually lets them go they often come out of it traumatized or maddened by the experience.
- Monstrous Cannibalism: She had eaten her fellow 'Children of Erebus' for both power and pleasure and finds them very delightful in taste. The horribleness is downplayed in that God-Eating is a common occurrence in the Codexverse among divines and she is far from the only ones of her own kin who does that to each other. The first notable time she did it was also partly motivated by her own kin's antagonism and survival.
- No Honor Among Thieves: Up to Eleven with her own kin, who she is almost literally incapable of caring for thanks to being The Sociopath. The moment she got sick and tired of a Fallen pantheon of fellow Children of Erebus she was in at the time, she took advantage of their then weakened state to subdue them, use them for her own thrills and devour them all, taking control of their minions and worshippers while at it. To be fair to Andhera, they were stated to be just as bad if not worse than she is and would had done the same to her given the reason and chance.
- One-Winged Angel: Her true form is implied to be a vast, animated flood of darkness that could drown a whole city, if not a whole land, with shadowy shapes of predatory beasts swimming in it, swallowing and dissolving all that had the misfortune of being enveloped by the darkness. The first time she appeared was when she Ascended into true godhood on the night of her imminent defeat as an Evil Overlord, which resulted in her flooding her entire burning, besieged capital and devouring nearly everyone, loyal or rebel, who cannot escape the city in time into herself. Granted, she had no idea of what happened initially when she woke up the next day and did not find out until she sensed not only her divinity but also all those she had consumed, their disembodied existence struggling and squirming inside of her.
- Pet the Dog: Despite being a sociopath, she does have moments demonstrating some sort of capacity of attachment, even if they are only as much as a sociopath is even CAPABLE of.
- She seems to be fond of her Doting Parent father and mother for spoiling her with all sorts of privileges and thrills their wealth and power could provide, and was actually distraught when they finally died. Considering this is a mare who could and had brushed off tragedies of her extended family as 'boring stories', this is saying something, though other factors were involved in her reaction.
- Ironically, she is one of the least antagonistic Fragment/Children of Erebus to Skotádi, the Darkness Primeval and a Token Good Teammate among the Fragments/Children of Erebus. She doesn't even know Skotádi until she learn of her true nature from her fellow Fragments/Children of Erebus and has no reason or intention of antagonizing her like her siblings do, thinking it a waste of time/effort and outright idiotic between Skotádi's greater age and experience on top of the rest of her similarly ancient and powerful Grand Primevals adoptive family. While she does not like Andhera's sociopathic villainy herself, Skotádi appreciates at least that Andhera is not out to get her and in fact help get rid of their more malicious kin, making Andhera one of the few of her own kin who she could legitimately get along with - Which is saying something about just how dysfunctional the Fragments/Children of Erebus are as a whole.
- Pragmatic Villainy: As her quote above suggests, she is more concerned with her own comfort and prosperity when she goes about conquering, corrupting and destroying than actually threatening and terrorizing the world on the same level as her siblings and other evil deities, believing such over-ambitious shenanigans to be self-destructively idiotic and would rather live longer and avoid getting killed by other heroic forces.
- During her flight from pursuing Hind deities who want to seal or destroy her for her crimes, she pragmatically released most of those she had devoured previously as a distraction, forcing the noble deities to stop their pursuit and help those she had assimilated previously and allowing her to slip away. This shows that while she likes her power and privileges over others, she value her own existence more, and this initial pragmatism would form part of the basis for her later modus operandi, reining in her own impulses and ambitions to reduce the amount of damage and thus unwanted attention she creates.
- Really Gets Around: Owing to being a sensation-obsessed hedonist thanks to her being The Sociopath, one of the ways she gets her thrills is through intimate passion. It's noted that she had (and then discarded) a dozen lovers in one year alone, had entire palaces staffed full of slaves built for her own pleasure while she was a tyrannical Maharajin, and is even implied to have took her sweet time having her way with a whole Fallen pantheon worth of fellow Fragment/Children of Erebus (which she was a member of) after she turned on them, before she devoured them all.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: Reveling in her newfound divinity, craving for more beings to devour (for sensations to savour) and enraged at her kingdom's and rival Maharajas' attempts to overthrow her, she was about to embark on one of these which would likely see her devour all life in her own kingdom and drown all nearby lands in darkness. She was interrupted by the Hind pantheon at the time coming in to investigate the calamity, and was ultimately forced to flee when they understandably become horrified by what she had done and tried to seal/destroy her.
- Royal Brat: She was a Pony princess of a kingdom in Hind during a pre-'Known History' era of civilization, daughter of a despotic and decadent Maharajah who with her mother spoiled from birth, basically letting her have everything she want through their fabulous wealth and power and taught her to believe she can get what she couldn't have through ruthless means. This sense of entitlement contributed to her becoming The Sociopath together with her true inner nature, and getting back her royal privileges and decadent comforts in some manner still serve as a major source of her self-centered motivations today.
- Screw the Rules, I Have Connections!: Inevitable given her royal status and sociopathic disposition. Spoiled Royal Brat she was, she used her status as a Maharajah's daughter to get what she wants on the few occasion her doting parents can't give it to her. When she became the Maharajin of her late parents' kingdom, this turns into Screw the Rules, I Make Them!, though this attitude ultimately backfired on her.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: Was forced to slip away when the dominant pantheon presiding over Hind at the time find out what happened to her and her kingdom and tried to seal away or destroy her, abandoning her plans to seek revenge on her rebelling subjects and rival rulers for trying to usurp her rule.
- Sense Freak: Being The Sociopath, she has numbed capacity for emotional attachment and experience, which compels her to constantly seek thrills to fill the 'cold darkness' in her heart. When she became the unfettered tyrannical Maharajin of her parents' kingdom, she was barely able to sate her desires by doing things like plundering her own subjects for their wealth in her greed, holding ruinously lavish games, celebrations and feasts to enjoy all the exotic food/drinks and excitement, indulging her lust through decadent depravity in her pleasure palaces, and waging war on other lands in bloodthirsty conquest. To note, when she discovered she had unwittingly devoured her whole city's populace during her Ascension, she literally spent a full day savouring the sheer amount of thrills, sensations, emotions and feelings that she had never been able to fully experience due to her sociopathy and even violated the very existence of those she trapped inside of her to get her more rush, gasping and howling in pure pleasure all the while. The entry text noted experiencing the sensations from up to hundreds of thousands of mortals and demons she had consumed was, up to that point, the first time she ever felt anywhere remotely fulfilled or sated. And even afterwards she would still crave for more.
- Shout-Out: Her author flat-out admitted in the first part's OOC disclaimer that Andhera's character design and backstory was inspired by DeviantARTist Orin331's interpretation of King Sombra's mother Rabia in her 'Umbrum Unicorn' form.
- Sim Sim Salabim: Heavily Indian (Or Hind/Hindia, in the Codexverse) themed, between her name and her main area of operation being in Hind and around the Orient. The occassions she left that region to go anywhere else is considered notable enough that the text would specifically highlight it.
- The Sociopath: Is focused solely for her own selfish interests more than anything else, giving zero consideration to the morality of her actions and caring for consequences only as far as how it might threaten her continued existence. To note: Amorality is part of her domain, emphasizing that she is almost incapable of feeling guilt or remorse.
- Time Abyss: She predated 'Known History', being born in an earlier, forgotten age of civilization in the lands of Hind. It is not known how old for certain though, with her classification being Titan or Antecedent and possibly going up. Justified in that her progenitor was an antediluvian god of primordial darkness and many of her fellow siblings are similarly ancient, such as Rabia and the Shadowed Ones.
- Tomato in the Mirror: Downplayed In-Universe example, since the readers already know the truth within the first paragraph of the entry, but she did not know she is a fragment of an ancient dead god of darkness until after she met her kin and learn of their origins. She was surprised and in fact delighted in her spoiled, sociopathic vanity at the realization she came from such a powerful and infamous being, but otherwise didn't really think much of it.
- Traumatic Superpower Awakening: Having been feeding the literal darkness of her soul with power all her life, it eventually awakened fully and allowed her ascended to godhood on the night her sociopathic tyrannical reign imploded completely from her misrule and she is on the brink of destruction from all sides by rebels, invaders and usurpers. It ended badly for everybody involved, even for her.
Audens Manes, the Heroic Reaper
Divine Classification: Ethereal
Portfolio: Death, Heroic Sacrifice, Heroism
"At ease, warriors; you have earned your place in the Hall of the Honoured Dead."
Audens Manes (her entry here) is the second-oldest sibling of the Three Deaths, and is the Alicorn goddess of Death, Heroic Sacrifice, and Heroism.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: Embodies Death, Heroic Sacrifice, and Heroism.
- Dem Bones: Her true form is a skeleton Alicorn goddess dressed in Valkyrie armor. However, to the souls of those she brings into her Heaven-Realms, she appears in a different form as to not frighten her charges.
- Don't Fear the Reaper: As the Alicorn goddess of Death and Heroism, she aids valiant people in making heroic Last Stands and lets those who died heroically know how much good they've done.
- Heroic Sacrifice: She has this trope as one of her domains, which is appropriate since her name means "Valiant Dead" in Latin. She represents those who died valiantly, such as firefighters who died in the line of duty, soldiers who died for their country and fellow countrymen, and so on.
- The Magnificent: Known as "the Heroic Reaper", due to representing Heroic Deaths and being the one who takes the souls of those who died heroically to their eternal reward.
- Outnumbered Sibling: She's the only sister in the Three Deaths; Gavisus and Malus are her younger and older brothers, respectively.
- Winged Unicorn: Her true form as a Death goddess is a skeletal Alicorn dressed in Valkyrie armor.
Blue Suede Heartstrings, the King of Music
- See his page here.
Cellarius, the Divine Servant
Divine Classification: Ethereal
Portfolio: Hired Help, Staff, Bodyguards
Rank: Divine (Tier V/Titan)
"Greetings, sir/madam, what would you like to do this morning/afternoon/evening?"
Cellarius (his entry here) is the god of Hired Help, Staff, and Bodyguards, and one that is often underestimated due to both his role and portfolio.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: Embodies Hired Help, Staff, and Bodyguards.
- Battle Butler: While he's a god of Hired Help, his portfolio also includes the domain of Bodyguards, as hired help generally includes bodyguards as part of service to others. His combat ability is comparable to a war god of the same age. Despite this, he makes it a point for everyone who hires him to know that he's bodyguard, not a soldier.
- The Dreaded: While his services are highly sought after and respected, his wrath when disrespected is feared by everyone, and even malevolent deities tend to go out of their way to not enrage him.
- The Magnificent: Known as "the Divine Servant" due to his portfolio revolving around servants/staff, hired help, and bodyguards, as well as himself being frequently employed as a butler by various mortals and divines.
- Nice to the Waiter: Part of his divine duty is ensuring this trope is in play for those he patrons, himself, and his angels. Not doing so is his Berserk Button.
Divine Classification: Ethereal
Portfolio: Cause and Effect, Free Will, Consequence
"What you choose to do, what you choose to be... they are all reflections of who you are."
Choice (its entry here) is the deity of Cause and Effect, Free Will, and Consequence.
Not much is known about its true form, gender, age, or past. The only thing about it is it is very, very old, having come to being when the first lifeforms started developing the ability to choose.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: Embodies Cause and Effect, Free Will, and Consequence.
- Catchphrase: "You/He/She have/has chosen...wisely/poorly."
- I Warned You: Warned the Changelings and Dragons they had chosen poorly to continue their racial hatred for eons, and it would come back to bite them. Needless to say, it was right, and it has no problem telling them so to their faces.
- No Biological Sex: Rather appropriately for its name and domain of Free Will, Choice isn't male or female, and changes which gender it appears as on a whim.
- No-Sell: Appropriately for its name and divine domain of Free Will, any attempt to capture or enslave Choice will fail... unless it wants to.
- Seers: Has some form of this. It seems to know every possible choice a mortal it can make, and the consequences that would result from it. Despite its ability, it would never force a mortal to make a good choice, because it would be anathema against its own purpose and existence.
- Time Abyss: While not a Grand Primeval, it's still a Primeval, and as old as sapient life on Equus, making it positively ancient.
Cosmos, the Serpent of Obsession
Divine Classification: Elemental/Ethereal
Portfolio: Chaos, Love, Domination, Obsession, Space, Malice (Fallen, formerly)
Rank: Divine (Tier IV/Greater)
They say love makes you go crazy. Well, they clearly havent met ME!
Cosmos (her entry here) is the Draconequus goddess of Chaos, Love, Domination, Obsession, Space, and Malice, and an individual who had became notorious for both the mayhem she caused at her return, and for her complex possessive relationship with Discord, for whom she would ultimately went on a mad rampage that threatened to unravel reality on Equus.
Cosmos is believed to be once a Love Goddess of a forgotten pantheon who tried to reach out and reform Discord back in his villainous days, only for him to turn it against her by seducing and corrupting her, turning her into a Draconquus like he is. Now as twisted and evil as Discord at his worst, Cosmos became obsessively in love with Discord, staying by his side and becoming his accomplice in many atrocities despite all the abuse and manipulation from the villainous Chaos serpent, and remained possessive of him even after she was sealed away in a constellation for many millennia.
Cosmos would break free of her prison in the modern day to find that her beloved Discord had reformed thanks to Fluttershy and no longer wished to be the Evil Overlord that she had fallen hopelessly for. Unable to accept that her beloved 'Darling D' had changed, she attempted to first undo the 'brainwashing' that she believed the Ponies done to him, and upon failing that, usurped his power and position in an attempt to make him love her again by 'finishing what they started' and remake the world in their image where reality and all living things are their playthings to take and break.
Ultimately defeated by the forces of Harmony in what became known as the 'Cosmos Incident', a repentant and apologetic Discord appealed to Cosmos that he really was the Discord she knew and was truly sorry for what he did to her - which finally led to Cosmos letting go of her obsessive love and realizing what she had become thanks to him. Despite doubts and distrust, Discord secured for Cosmos a chance to redeem herself and finding a new place in the world, although time will tell whether if she would ever become good again - or if she even wanted to.
(Essentially Codexverse's adaptation of Cosmos from a MLP FIM IDW Comics arc that had been since released, which means she may be subjected to revision depending on what's published)
- Abhorrent Admirer: To Discord, who no longer reciprocate her love for him because she reminds him of some of his worst sins, but she is initially too obsessive and possessive of him to care. Considering he basically did to Cosmos what the Joker did to Harley Quinn and he has grew enough conscience to genuinely regret it, that is unsurprising.
- Adaptational Heroism: Unlike her canonical self, she's a sympathetic character and ultimately makes a HeelFace Turn, and even before had far more redeeming traits.
- Affably Evil: Seems genuinely fond of the young godling Mentálne, who's currently acting as her therapist, and notably her interaction with the child goddess of psychology is where she first shows off a playful and affectionate side that was buried beneath her obsessive and depraved personality.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: Embodies Chaos, Love, Domination, Obsession, Space, and Malice.
- The Assimilator: While explicitly not as extreme as other examples, she does eventually find a way to assimilate the powers of Discord and many other powerful beings during her rampage as part of her ultimate goal of gaining enough power to finally overcome the forces of Harmony and remake the world in her and her beloved Discord's image. Though fortunately as events shows this was thankfully reversible.
- It IS implied that given her domineering and possessive personality and her portfolio, this is the ultimate fate of all those who became her unfortunate victims; it's mentioned that when she's bored with them, she devours them one way or another to 'make them hers forever', implying that she traps or assimilates them inside/into her being in an expression of her ultimate domination and possession over them (She has openly admitted to have vorephile tendencies).
- Ax-Crazy: Described as an unstable, obsessive maniac. She clearly retained the 'crazy' part of her personality from canon and acts accordingly, to the point she's willing to rip apart reality to get what she wants.
- Be All My Sins Remembered: Even after getting over her obsession with Discord and accepts that he has wronged her, she still insists that they only hold him responsible for seducing her, corrupting her and abusing her while evil, and that no one lay all the evil she had committed on him. He may made her evil and manipulated her into committing evil, but she still committed many atrocities on her own initiative, and she did it because she likes doing it.
- The Big Guy: Both literally and metaphorically. Physically, she never manifests in any form smaller than Discord, her default form is apparently big enough to wrap around Canterlot castle, and at the height of her power she was taller and as long as a mountain range (all of which hints at potentially Giant heritage pre-corruption). During the the 'Final Ragnarok' arc she played a tank-powerhouse role during the various Deer Pantheons' matriarchs/queens/consorts' battle against Kunnista, especially after Temnobog undid the Restraining Bolt holding back the bulk of her powers and allow her to go all-out against the High Queen of the Shadowed Ones.
- Birds of a Feather: One theory why she eventually hooked up with Temnobog, the Bogolenya Deer god of Evil and Suffering. Due to having equally dark and depraved personalities, it wasn't hard for them to bond over something they both share.
- Co-Dragons: One of Discord's allies and rivals for his affection with Ispita the Deceiver and Discord's cousin 'Princess' Eris. Their intercine rivalry led to Cosmos getting 'Princess' Eris thrown to another dimension but also Ispita getting her sealed away by the gods fighting Discord.
- Dragon Ascendant: When she returned in the present day and found that Discord is no longer the Evil Overlord she remembers and loves, she tries to 'fill it in' for him, resulting in the 'Cosmos Incident'.
- Devoted to You: To Discord in the past and up to the 'Cosmos Incident'. Even when she usurped his power and position and tried remaking Equus into a World of Chaos, that was all for Discord.
- Have this as an explicit power as part of her portfolio: as part of over control over Obsessions, she can inflict a form of Discording nicknamed 'Fixating' which cause the victim to become delusionally obsessed with other beings or things, and one way she can gain control over them is to fixate their delusional obsession to herself.
- The Dreaded: Being one of Discord's girlfriends and accomplices in her villainous days (resulting in rivalry with Ispita) and then going full 'Emperor Joker' to make her 'Darling D' Discord love her again made Cosmos this.
- Domestic Abuse: Like Harley Quinn and the Joker, the relationship between Cosmos with Discord was full of abuse and manipulation from his end. This together with her seduction and corruption is portrayed as one of Discord's more abhorrent sins; and notably Discord does not even try to excuse his behaviour and was fully regretful and apologetic.
- Dominatrix: While her comic canon dynamic with Discord was reversed, she retained her domineering personality from comic canon to basically anyone else who is not Discord, and is even explicitly compared to this. She much more openly flaunts and practically relishes in making those she has power over subservient to her and using them to serve/satiate her every desire until she's bored or there's nothing left of them. It is not known if she dresses like one, but she most certainly could.
- Driven by Envy: Wants Discord all to herself and leads to her conflict with 'Princess' Eris and Ispita.
- Entropy and Chaos Magic: Owing to being a Draconequu, she can wield Chaos powers at a lesser level than Discord, with similar power sets considering her transformed thanks to receiving a portion of Discord's own magic. This is not the only powers she wields, however.
- Evil Is Bigger: Cosmos notably never manifest at any size smaller than Discord; her size varies ranging from only slightly bigger than Discord, to the size of mountain ranges and blotting out the sky at the height of her power. Even her default size is big enough to wrap around Canterlot Palace's central tower and hold her beloved Discord in one of her claws. This is attributed to be an expression of her domineering personality and hints at potential Giant heritage. She had outright admitted to Mentálne that she is a macrophile.
- Evil Is Petty: Described as spiteful on top of being vain, cruel, selfish and generally horrible, due to being Driven by Envy. She arranged to have Princess Eris fall out with her cousin Discord and get banished to another dimension so she could have Discord all to herself. After her reformation she hook up and slept with Temnobog partly to spite her Arch-Enemy, Ispita.
- Evil Makeover: If accounts are accurate, she was not originally a Draconequus; instead, she became one thanks to Discord's corruption. She has the exact same appearance as her canon MLP comics self, which gives off the vibe as mentioned below.
- Evil Makes You Monstrous: Her transformation into an evil Draconequus is this, having a more reptilian theme to her appearance with bits of sinister mammalian traits as her canon MLP comics self. This includes crimson reptile eyes, dragons' teeth, a cobra's hood, lizard fins, green scales on her wings, all complementing said bat-like wings, gargoyle claws, bat-like ears, mountain-goat horns and dark crimson and blue fur all over her body. Interestingly, they grew less menacing and brightens when she calms down, but becomes darker and pronounced the madder, angrier and eviler she gets.
- Evil Overlord: Tried to become this for her 'Darling D' Discord when he refused to go back to his evil ways, and managed to take it Up to Eleven.
- Evil Plan: When she failed to return Discord to his old evil self, who she loved, she decided to 'fill it in' for him by taking his power and that of other powerful beings until she is strong enough to unravel reality and remake it in their image - all for her 'Darling D', of course.
- Eviler Than Thou: Subverted in the Codexverse. Unlike in Comic canon, she's still second-rate to Discord when it comes to evil, and it was Discord who seduced and corrupted her to evil in the first place. Also explicitly outclassed by her rival Ispita, who arranged for her sealing by the other gods during the 500-years-long 'War Against Chaos'. Played straight with 'Princess' Eris, whom she arranged to fall-out with Discord and thrown to another dimension out of jealousy and personal animosity, and it's speculated in-universe she'll crush Eris in a fair fight.
- Expy: Given the author's intent to basically reverse her dynamic with Discord as it is portrayed in the comics canon, she is basically a Draconequu 'Harley Quinn' to Discord's 'Joker' instead of the other way around. Also essentially the answer to the question "What happens if Harley Quinn went 'Emperor Joker' out of love FOR the Joker?".
- For the Evulz: Made it clear after the 'Cosmos Incident' that they should only pin Discord for corrupting her and the atrocities he incited her into committing. Everything else that Discord isn't remotely involved is her own doing. She did many of those horrible things because she wanted/liked doing them; impressing her darling Discord was merely one reason among many. Heck, Malice is part of her portfolio like in canon.
- Fix Fic: Her entry is basically intended to be this for the villainous Cosmos of the MLP IDW comic canon, trying to actually make her likable and interesting while retaining her general characterization and threat she poised.
- Her canon portrayal is depicted in-universe as part of a highly inaccurate adaptation of the 'Cosmos Incident', based on a piece of misinformation believed planted by the Changeling Summer Court to humiliate Discord, who is understandbly outraged at being depicted as little more than being a smaller, weaker, inferior and subservient toy to a bigger, meaner, crazier, more powerful and generally better Cosmos. That being said, Codexverse!Cosmos thought it was Actually Pretty Funny.
- The Hedonist: Thanks to Discord, she was this, and her domineering and possessive nature made her see everyone else except Discord as subservient pets or toys for her to take and use for her pleasure. One of the reasons she hooked up with Temnobog after her HeelFace Turn was due to Temnobog having plenty of wicked, damned and demonic Asshole Victims in his realm for her to indulge depravities on together.
- Heel Realization: Her defeat and Discord's apology led to a moment of lucidity in Cosmos, leading to her breaking down and accepting not only Discord had changed and can no longer love her as before, but also that Discord had done horrible things to her and she has become a monster. While she is still pretty evil and mad, she's no longer considered a Fallen deity.
- It's All About Me: Described as selfish and egotistical, just like Discord was and still somewhat is, even after she stops being villainous. She wanted Discord all for herself and all the world for their amusement.
- Just Eat Him: Admits openly to have vorephile tendencies as part of her domineering and possessive nature, having ate her old pantheon after her transformation, consumed several other pantheons of gods lost during the 'War Against Chaos', and devoured many lands/kingdoms full of mortals and living things after she got bored playing with them. This together with her tendency to manifest in huge forms fueled speculation that her pre-corrupted self had mortal or Divine Giant heritage.
- Lack of Empathy: She lost whatever sense of empathy she once had due to her seduction and corruption by Discord, though an 'affectionate' side is starting to resurface in company of her therapist Mentálne, indicating that it's still there in some form.
- Love Goddess: The most likely account of Cosmos' Mysterious Past has her being a love goddess of a forgotten pantheon who tried to reach out and reform Discord. Unfortunately, she failed, as Discord saw through it and turned it around by seducing her instead and transformed her into an evil, monstrous being who is hopelessly obsessed with him. There are evidence to suggest this as her portfolio covers Love and she retains some powers over it, albeit now twisted into an embodiment of obsessive and profaned love.
- Love Hungry: Became this after getting over her obsessive love for Discord, which left a void in her which she desperately wants to fill, and is explicitly called a 'Love Addict'. This led her hooking up with Temnobog.
- Love Makes You Crazy: Discord seduced and corrupted her, resulting in her become obsessive, possessive maniac.
- Love Makes You Evil: Her love for Discord and transformation into a Draconequu made her just as twisted and evil as Discord is.
- Mad God: Her entries repeatedly reminds its readers that she is mad as a hatter on top of being evil. Though she is capable of moments of lucidity and is still less unreasonably insane then Queen Mab I, the one Chaos goddess who could legitimately be considered to be crazier than Discord.
- Mad Love: Given her inspiration, she is madly in love with Discord and completely obsessed with him, to the point her entire rampage during the Cosmos Incident was basically motivated by her desire to get him back and get him to 'love her' again. Even after getting over it, she still has feelings for him.
- Manipulative Bastard: While not as good as Discord, she is noted to be able to 'play someone for a fool' to suit her own ends. She caused a falling-out between 'Princess' Eris and her cousin Discord that caused the former to be thrown into another dimension. Too bad she is still outclassed by Ispita, who arranged for her sealing, and apparently both events were arranged by Changeling Emperor Blackthorn, which deprived Discord two of his most capable allies/lieutenants/partners.
- Mind Manipulation: Like her 'Darling D' Discord, is capable of a form (Maybe two) of Mind Control based on her domain over Obsession and Domination.
- Where Discord could perform 'Discording' to his victims by turning them into opposites of their true self, Cosmos can perform a form of mind control on her victims known as 'Fixation' through her Obsession domain, making them hopelessly, delusionally obsessed with beings or things of her own choosing. Notably, she can enslave other beings this way by making them 'Fixated' on herself, making them obsessed with her and do her bidding.
- Also, like in the comics, related her domain over Domination, she can turn a sufficiently mind-controlled victim into a puppet which she could control like an extension of her own body. It seems that when she's domineering, she doesn't do things half-way.
- Minion Manipulated into Villainy: What Cosmos essentially is thanks to Discord. Unfortunately for everyone, Discord did the job far too well, as Cosmos went from being a benevolent Love goddess to a frightening and domineering Dragon Ascendant who is obsessed with him.
- More Than Mind Control: Discord's seduction and corruption of Cosmos was this, and even he admitted it worked ''way'' too well. As a result Discord making her fall madly in love with him, she ended up willingly betrayed her old pantheon for him, allowed him to be changed into a Draconequus, went evil and committed many atrocities for and with him (and even on her own), and even after finally realizing and getting over her obsessive love, she still has feelings for him and can't bring herself to hate him (Though it helps Discord genuinely regrets this and apologized sincerely, which was what finally get her over it and end her rampage).
- Mysterious Past: Surprisingly little is definitively known about her past before her seduction and corruption of Discord. Even she has no clue, given how warped she has become in mind as she is in form. There are many hints in her entry as to her past self's nature, but nothing is definitively confirmed.
- Multiple-Choice Past: There are multiple contradictory accounts regarding her origins. She even paraphrased a version of Joker's famous line from Alan Moore's The Killing Joke as a Lampshade Hanging.
- Narcissist: Like Discord and many other Fallen Deities, she is described as very vain.
- Psychopathic Manchild: Even after HeelFace Turn, Cosmos remains egotistical, hedonistic and petulant like a child, just like Discord was and still is. The irony is not lost on Discord, who's now her minder on her probation.
- Reality Warper: Like Discord, Cosmos can alter reality to her whims using Chaos magic. In contrast to her canon MLP comic portrayal, due to the reversed 'Harley Quinn-Joker' dynamic, here she is actually less powerful than Discord at baseline, being at around Ispita the Deceiver and Zkaza the Destroyer while dwarfing 'Princess' Eris.
- Under the right circumstances, however, she can become even far more powerful than Discord like her canon MLP comic self. This is exhibited during the Codexverse 'Cosmos Incident', where she used one of her Obsession abilities to gain enough of a power-boost to overpower and steal Discord's powers to add to her own, and then that of several other powerful beings, all for her mad plan to take over Equus and remake it in her and darling Discord's image. It was noted in that moment she was one of the most powerful beings to ever exist on Equus and would had been able to cause enough damage to end civilization and even force The Old Gods to interfere had the heroes not been able to reverse it.
- Really Gets Around: Implied, given her domineering nature to everyone else but Discord, being a corrupted Love Goddess and being Love Hungry after getting over her possessive love for Discord. She still sleeps with her minder Discord occasionally, and is implied to also have fun with Temnobog's grown Divine children with Ispita the Four Terrors in what entry describes as 'Hedonistic depravities'. Also mentioned to like having her way with the likes of the wicked, the damned and the demonic even after her HeelFace Turn. It's telling that she is considered a rival to Ispita, who also Really Gets Around as an embodiment of Lust among other vices and very likely surpasses her on that front.
- Reformed, but Not Tamed: Shaping up to be this, as it's note that while no longer antagonistic, she's still pretty evil and mad, and opinions are that she may simply be too corrupted and too far gone to be fully restored or turn a new leaf, though given she had only recently had a HeelFace Turn, whether or not she could fully change remains to be seen.
- Considering the Deities on the side of Harmony have members or at least allies that are either mad (Discord), evil (Temnobog) or selfish (Emperor Blackthorn), and Equus running on a Balance Between Good and Evil, even if she stays evil and mad that doesn't necessarily mean she wouldn't be considered 'reformed', so long as she can stay cordial with the good guys and reserve her depravity only on those who deserve it.
- The Rival: Personally despised 'Princess' Eris and ultimately engineering a fall-out between her and her cousin Discord and getting banished to another dimension. Despite an initially flying start, both Cosmos and Ispita ultimately became this to each other for Discord's favour and affection. Ispita won the first round by getting Cosmos sealed; Cosmos eventually got a little back at her by dating and sleeping with Ispita's ex-boyfriend, Temnobog (And also befriending/sleeping with Ispita's children with Temnobog, the Four Terrors).
- Sadist: Like Discord at his worst, she was a depraved psychopath who likes tormenting mortals and warping reality for her own twisted amusement, seeing them as little more than toys to play with. Still retains this trait after her HeelFace Turn, owing to being Reformed, but Not Tamed, but only does this to those so irredeemable and monstrous no one will mind whatever she does to them, like her eventual love interest Temnobog does.
- Sense Freak: Has shades of this even in her villainous days. Notably exasperated after letting go of her obsessive love for Discord and having no focus for her obsessive, possessive personality until she met Temnobog.
- Space Master: Possess limited power over Space and related phenomena as part of her portfolio, which is surprising, and more surprisingly it isn't linked to her Chaos powers. This fueled speculation that she, or her old Pantheon, had 'Visitor' heritage or origins, whether divine or not.
- Slave Mook: Can make other beings this by 'Fixating' them and making them delusionaly obsessed with her, putting them under her domination.
- Take That!: Her entry was written in response to Cosmos of the MLP IDW comic series, which the Codexverse writers believes to be too bland and too much of a 'Villain Sue' with her intended portrayal as basically a crazier, meaner and more powerful version of Discord who is the dominant partner of their relationship.
- To Create a Playground for Evil: Her main goal in her mad rampage during the 'Cosmos Incident': to gain enough power to finally overcome the forces of Harmony and remake the world in her and her beloved Discord's image, with everyone and everything becoming their playthings for all eternity. While Discord shared that villainous motivation with Cosmos in the past, the reformed and repentant Discord don't want to do that anymore.
- Tragic Villain: Whatever her actual self was actually like, she ultimately become so obsessed with Discord because Discord seduced and corrupted her. It was to the point that she is unable to return to her original form even with help because her mind is too far gone.
- Unholy Matrimony: Was this with a villainous Discord, the Harley Quinn to Discord's Joker, though it is full of abuse and manipulation from Discord's end like that relationship. After getting over her obsessive love she eventually found a new partner with Temnobog, mutually bonding over their evil and depraved natures (And partly to spite Temnobog's own ex-girlfriend, Ispita).
- Villainous BSoD: Suffers one when defeated and Discord apologized to her for what he did to her, making her realize that Discord really had changed and can no longer love her like he used to. Leads to a Heel Realization.
- World Gone Mad: Her vision of Equus and the universe was that of a chaotic playground where everyone, and everything, exist solely as playthings for her and her "Darling D".
- World of Chaos: What she want to do to the world for herself and Discord in the 'Cosmos Incident', not caring until the end that Discord had a change of heart and didn't want to do that anymore.
- Yandere: Her defining trait is being incredibly obsessive to the person she loves (Discord), and her possessiveness of Discord served as a major motivation of her villainy, to literally reality-shattering levels. Also embodies 'Obsessive Love' as part of her corrupted domain over Love.
The Cross of Fire, Sapientkind's Light
Divine Classification: Ethereal
Portfolio: Good, Using That Meant for Evil for Good, Superego
Rank: ???, likely Primeval or Preeminent
The Cross of Fire (its entry here) is a deity of Good, Using That Was Meant for Evil for Good, and the Superego, as well as a mysterious yet completely benevolent force responsible for the rise of many heroes.
- Blue-and-Orange Morality: It should be noted it doesn't embody Good in the traditional sense most mortals see it as, but as Objective Good, which makes it view Temnobog's method of evil as a form of 'Good' it is in support of.
- Eldritch Abomination: A benevolent one: it's the manifestation of sapient good and the Superego, and manifests as a cross made of ethereal flames rather than anything identifiable a living thing.
- Embodiment of Virtue: Manifestation of the objective goodness that exists in all sapient creatures, embodying the 'Superego' of all thinking beings' psychological triad.
- The Ghost: Noted to rarely if ever manifests overtly, preferring to work in the background and empower those who battle against Evil as it sees fit. It seemed to prefer sapientkind being able to determine Good and Evil on their own accord and choose to do Good and fight Evil by their own choice.
- Good Cannot Comprehend Evil: Subverted, in contrast to its Evil Counterpart. As an embodiment of objective goodness, the Superego and the conscience of all thinking beings, the Cross of Fire needs to know what is Evil and objectively wrong in order to properly advise sapient beings faced with moral choices what is good and why they should choose good instead.
- Sentient Cosmic Force: Downplayed given it's localized to Equus, but this is what the Cross of Fire essentially behaves as, always acting in the background to empower individual and groups of heroes or just about any other being whose nature and deeds embodies objective goodness.
Crystal Prism, the Butterfly of Rebirth
- See his folder entry here.
D to G
Díniydátis, the Maw of the Seas
Divine Classification: Elemental/Ascendant
Portfolio: Sea, Storms, Whirlpools, Sea-monsters/giants, Hunger
Rank: Divine (Tier III/Intermediate)
"I was cursed with hunger for all that flows, all that swims and all that are neither - and I must have MORE!"
Díniydátis (her entry here) is the Oceanaid goddess of Sea, Storms, Whirlpools, and Hunger, and is the "Parent Deity" of various sea monsters and giants, particularly the Kharbydae.
Divine Classification: Ethereal
Portfolio: Cheating, Poor Sportsmanship, Trickery
"Grass grows, Sunbutt's star shines, birds fly; and bruddah? I don't play fair!"
Eephus (his entry here) is the young Griffon god of Cheating, Poor Sportsmanship and Trickery, and a rather troublesome individual who had been a source of annoyance for many.
Born from the cheating scandals that plagued sports and competition, he sows cheating and trickery among mortals; especially athletes. Loud, boisterous, and annoying; he is proof even gods can be pests.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: Embodies Cheating and Trickery, and thus sows his domains among mortals. And as the embodiment of Poor Sportmanship, his boastful and annoying personality comes from those who cheat and undermine sports for a cheap shot at victory because they think they can get away with it.
- Attention Whore: Usually shouting "LOOK AT ME!" when in combat, if he's not throwing insults and taunts.
- Batter Up!: Eephus wields a baseball and bat as his divine weapons, and loves braining his foes with them.
- Bratty Half-Pint: Oh yes. He's a godling, the divine equivalent of a young child, and yet because of his malicious portfolio, he is a loud, obnoxious, and bratty kid who serves as a toxic influence to athletes everywhere and even the kids he's fond of.
- Brooklyn Rage: Loud? Check. Boisterous? Check. New York-ish accent? Check.
- Can't Act Perverted Toward a Love Interest: While Eephus can easily pick up one-night stands from mortals and demons alike, any attempt to flirt with Mist Fall (a Pegasus mare whom he has a genuine crush on) reduces him to awkward silence and nervous stammering.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: For all his ego and comical overconfidence, Eephus is still a god, with all the power that entails.
- Do Wrong, Right: He considers subtle cheating "tacky", proclaiming that if one is going to cheat, they should cheat proudly and in a big way.
- Everyone Has Standards: Despite his malicious portfolio and his origins as a godling born from scandals involving underhanded sports activities, Eephus considers the Tyrannos Pantheon "a bunch of psychos", refusing to work with them. He also likes to teach bullied children to defend themselves...by fighting as dirty as possible and humiliating said bullies.
- Expy: His mannerisms, personality and baseball motif are very reminiscent of the Scout. They even have a love interest that they're trying to woo, yet are unsuccessful.
- Flexing Those Non-Biceps: Fond of flexing to show off his figure... but since he's so skinny it's rather unimpressive, even knowing he's a god.
- Friend to All Children: It's stated in his profile that he has a fondness for kids, and even teaches them how to deal with bullies... in the most humiliating ways possible.
- Groin Attack: Fond of this, given his love of fighting dirty.
- He claims to have won a fight with Entasi this way. Entasi won't say if it's true or not... but he does drop-kick anyone who askes into a volcano.
- Trying this on Clamos failed, because the latter is simply that tough. Eephus got smacked across town for his trouble.
- Inherently Funny Words: BONK!
- I Shall Taunt You: And never shut up, either!
- Jerk Jock: And proud of it!
- Lean and Mean: Takes the form of a slender brown griffon.
- Lightning Bruiser: He's insanely fast and agile, constantly ducking and dodging every attack thrown at him as he clobbers an opponent with his bat.
- Meaningful Name: Named for an Eephus pitch: a trick baseball throw that throws off the batter with its slow speed and awkward arcing motion.
- Morality-Guided Attack: His baseball bat deals more damage the more gallant and ethical his enemy is, and he can throw a baseball that can target and track an enemy based on their moral character.
- Poke the Poodle: He sows malicious cheating among even the most beloved athletes... or just teaches kids to cheat at Rock-Paper-Scissors.
- Sherlock Scan: Eephus can use his divine sense to find quirks in the environment that help him cheat: a hole a foe can trip in and break their ankle; an odd wind current to knock a flying foe off course, and so much more.
- Small Name, Big Ego: Despite being a new/young god and having a very specialized domain, Eephus has quite the swelled head. This has gotten him into trouble many times.
- Toxic Friend Influence: Despite his fondness for kids, he often teaches them things that adults would frown at, such retaliating against bullies via humiliating them, and cheating at games.
- See their page here.
The Eldest of the Wood
Divine Classification: Elemental(?)
Portfolio: Nature, Music, Unknown
Rank: Unknown, believed to be Primeval or potentially even Grand Primeval
"Eldest... that is what I am. The Eldest remembers the first sunrise and the first sprout... The Eldest remembers when the stars were younger and the world was younger still - long before the Discordant One came."
The Eldest of the Wood (his entry here) is the enigmatic Deer god of Nature, Music, and the Unknown, with his name coming from the fact that he is a very old entity that lives deep within the Everfree Forest for as long as anyone could remember.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: Embodies Nature, Music, and the Unknown.
- Expy: Of Tom Bombadil. Of note is their incredible age, and their ability to resist the temptations of power brought on by malicious magical artifacts. Whenever they don said artifacts, they're as nothing but pieces of jewelry.
- Incorruptible Pure Pureness: It's stated he can put on the Alicorn Amulet and it have absolutely no effect on him, treating it as nothing but a piece of jewelry. This is justified - as a very ancient and powerful god who is Happily Married to his wife, he has everything he could want, and thus has no need for anything else, such as the power granted by the Alicorn Amulet.
- Time Abyss: He's so old that no one knows how old he truly is. He's simply been there for as long as anyone can remember. Whether or not he's a Grand Primeval is unclear, but he's one of the oldest deities on the planet. However, if his quote is to go by, one thing's for sure - he lived before the time of Discord and his tyrannical, chaotic reign.
Divine Classification: Ascendant
An extremely ancient god who was responsible for birthing all of sapient Equinekind, including the Alicorns, who became the greatest of his mortal/immortal children. He has been the central focus of worship among mortals; one in particular is legendary Second-Age musician, Blue Suede Heartstrings, who remained devoutly religious even after Ascending and becoming the Alicorn god of Music and Humility.
- Divine Parentage: It's implied that Golden Scepter, a surviving antediluvian Alicorn Emperor from the ruined Alicorn Civilization and ruler of the Terran Empire, is one of his "sons", as the Alicorns were mentioned in his entry to be the greatest of Equus's mortal/divine Equine children. This matches an in-universe theory about Golden Scepter being the child of an extremely ancient god, which explains why he's so powerful and intelligent. It's also speculated in-universe that Equus being the "Parent Deity" of Equinekind would influence Golden Scepter into becoming the "Parent Deity" and creator of modern Ponykind, considering how he embodies Ponykind's best and worst traits as a concept. However, he himself would state that his domain is figurative as Ponykind existed before he did... though even he's not so sure.
- God Is Flawed: He is strongly believed by Prince Written Word to be this. Due to both witnessing his divine father's flaws up close and his own experiences with demons masquerading as "benevolent" deities, Written Word doesn't believe that Equus isn't as perfect as his worshipers make him out to be. Thus, he is utterly baffled when Blue Suede Heartstrings chooses to continue worshiping Equus despite knowing the latter is flawed. Blue explains that even if he is flawed, Equus always tries to better himself no matter what, which gives him hope that he can still be humble even when he is tempted by sin.Blue Suede Heartstrings: (to Prince Written Word) The King in Heaven might be flawed, yes, but it's likely that He always tries to be good, no matter what. And if He can try, then we can try, too. That's why I still follow Him. I might not always be humble, but the King gives me hope that I can still stay true to myself even when I am tempted.
- In-Series Nickname: Blue Suede Heartstrings, one of his faithful devotees, calls him "The King" or, more frequently, "The King in Heaven". The Terran Princes have also referred to him as "Great Maker" occasionally.
- The Maker: He's responsible for creating all of Equinekind by giving them their sapience. It's speculated in-universe that one of his "sons", Golden Scepter, would take after him and become the "Parent Deity" and creator of modern Ponykind, given how he embodies both their best and worst traits as a concept. However, Golden Scepter would state that his domain of Ponykind is likely figurative since Ponykind in general existed long before he did... though he's not so sure himself.
- Meaningful Name: His name refers to an entire category of Equine species that includes horses, ponies, donkeys, and zebras.
- Shrouded in Myth: VERY little is known about him for someone as consequential as he is, he whose guidance led to the rise of Ponykind itself along with all their relative/sibling species like the Alicorns. All we know so far comes from tidbits of information here and there found in other entries of him and his actions. Even information regarding what happened to him is not widely known. But one thing is certain: He was a VERY big deal, and time will tell just how big that deal is.
- Time Abyss: While not as ancient as the Grand Primevals, he's still extremely long-lived and powerful in his own right. He had created all of Equinekind, including the Alicorns, who would become the greatest of his mortal/immortal children.
- Winged Unicorn: When the Church of the Stars' divine members show Princess Twilight/Amicitia Sparkle their memories, Equus shows up in Golden Scepter's, appearing as a powerful and ancient Alicorn stallion with eight wings who's standing alongside Golden Scepter and Ascending Dawn. Kendell2 confirms that he is indeed an Alicorn when asked by another Codexverse writer.
Gavisus Manes, the Joyous Reaper
Divine Classification: Ethereal
Portfolio: Death, Contentment, Joy
"Die, die, we all pass away! But don't wear a frown 'cause it's really okay!"
Gavisus Manes (his entry here) is the youngest sibling of the Three Deaths, and is the Alicorn god of Death, Contentment, and Joy.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: He's an Alicorn god of the Three Deaths who embodies Death, Contentment, and Joy.
- Comfort the Dying: As the Alicorn god of Death and Joy, his role is to comfort the dying by easing their anxieties and allowing them to relive the happiest moments of their lives, so they can pass on easily. However, if it's not their time to die, then he'll help them accept this and guide their souls back to the mortal planes.
- Dem Bones: His true form is described as a completely skeletal Alicorn who's dressed up as a clown. Despite his frightening appearance, he's a Death god dedicated to bringing joy to souls of the deceased.
- Don't Fear the Reaper: As the Alicorn god of Death and Joy, he throws huge parties for those who died contently in the afterlife, and helps people die happy. And personality-wise, he's a happy-go-lucky and friendly stallion who is a warm and welcoming presence to the souls under his care. He's also a loving father figure to his children, especially for those on his side of the Trimortidae, whose members he sees as his sons and daughters.
- Friend to All Children: Bossa Nova's entry notes that while he enjoys bringing joy to the deceased and dying, he's very fond of foals and babies, as they're often emotionally vulnerable when they die. Bossa Nova is one of those he adopted and raised after he ended up in the afterlife, which played a long way in influencing his son to become as noble, heroic, and joyful as he is. This ultimately leads to Bossa Nova's Ascension.
- Good Parents:
- After Bossa Nova came out stillborn in the early Second Age and ended up in his realm, he adopted the baby foal and raised him (along with his many older/younger adoptive siblings) with love and care. While his older siblings Audens and Malus had some input, it was Gavisus who influenced Bossa Nova to eventually become who he is, as his son notably developed his perception of Death as being an normal, everyday change in part from watching how his adoptive father comforts the dead/dying. When Bossa Nova became obsessed with meeting and connecting with his younger twin brother, Blue Suede Heartstrings, to the point of neglecting both his adoptive family and his duties, Gavisus let him go find Blue partially out of sympathy towards his loneliness, and mostly to teach him a lesson, as Bossa Nova eventually realized that his obsession was hurting everyone he cared about and went back home to apologize. It's noted that when Bossa Nova eventually Ascended to godhood through doing a lot of good deeds, Gavisus was one of those who were extremely proud of him.
- He adopted a pre-Ascendant Sola Mors after she was redeemed and ushered into his Heaven-Realms by Bossa Nova. While Sola Mors' distrust of adults initially put a rift between them, it's noted that being adopted and loved by Gavisus did help her with her trauma somewhat, and she later warmed up to him.
- He also treated Moon Ray Vaughoof kindly, which is notable because Moon Ray's birth father was a raging alcoholic who terrorized his two sons with his drunken rages. While Moon Ray saw himself as being "too old" to call himself one of Gavisus 'sons' (which is ironic since he's "younger" than Gavisus by divine standards), he nonetheless appreciated Gavisus for adopting him and being everything that Sunny Mane wasn't, even calling him "Pops". Gavisus also personally oversaw Moon Ray's wedding with Velvet Heart when he decided to marry his long-time fiancee, as Moon Ray regretted not doing so before his untimely death.
- Hidden Depths:
- While he has thrown afterlife parties for those who enter his Heaven-Realms, it's implied he has also done weddings, which happened with Moon Ray and Velvet Heart when they decided to get married post-mortem.Gavisus Manes: If afterlife parties can happen, then ANYTHING can happen in a Heaven-Realm!
- As he tells Moon Ray, part of his duties as the god of Joyous Deaths involve spreading joy to the souls of who were torn away from their families at a young age, or were unable to escape abusive environments in life. This is why he sees all the Trimortidae in his faction as his sons and daughters, including (to Moon Ray's bashfulness) Moon Ray himself."I was like, thirty-five when I died," Moon Ray recalled as he helped Gavisus Manes prepare another 'afterlife party' for the incoming deceased. With psionic telekinesis, Moon Ray hung up the corner of a banner painted by artistic members of the Trimortidae. "Ain't I too old fer 'nother Pops or somethin'?"
"Nope!" Gavisus replied cheerfully. The Joyous Reaper carried yet another box of party decorations on his back. "You're never too old for a substitute parent!"
Moon Ray started speaking again, but stopped himself to ponder over Gavisus' words. 'Never too old for a substitute parent'... he died in his thirties and thanks to his newly-gained godhood, he will remain at that age, forever young, unless he chose to appear otherwise. The thought of having a parental figure to look up to in his age was baffling, to say the least. Wouldn't someone at his age be independent and self-reliant at this point?
Unable to come up with an answer of his own, Moon Ray asked, "Why?"
Gavisus' good cheer went away, gradually replaced with sad empathy. Quietly, he set the box down on the floor, and sat himself on the edge of a stage where a band would be playing for the party.
"...Moon Ray, c'mere for a sec?"
Moon Ray flinched, being so unused to seeing a serious side to Gavisus. But he relaxed when his telepathy detected no intent for punishment. He obeyed Gavisus' request and moved to sit next to the older Alicorn god, right on the spot where Gavisus had patted his hoof.
"I'm the god of Joyous Deaths, so my duty is to spread joy among the dead," Gavisus explained softly. In a blink, his horn flared and generated magical images of various moments in mortal sapientkind's everyday lives. "This includes those who were ripped away from their families at a young age, or had troubles at home that they couldn't escape in life."
Magical replications of memories flashed before Moon Ray's eyes. He watched as young foals, from babies to teenagers, died tragically, whether through sickness, accidents, or the hooves of those with perverted minds. He watched as other foals screamed and cried whenever their parents heaped abuse on them for things that were not their fault, inflicting trauma that would undoubtedly last for a long time. In the process, dreams were crushed, and any potential they had were unfulfilled.
But then Gavisus would come, like a bright light in the dark, and do everything he could to cheer up the dead and/or dying foals. They would be taken away to a realm where they would be loved and cared for, and all their emotional and mental wounds would be healed thanks to the Joyous Reaper.
"Some of the Trimortidae are among those who suffer these kinds of horrible fates, and thus need lots of love and care to help them heal," Gavisus continued. With a thought, he banished the memories back into his mind, letting them fade from the divine realm into nothing. "Therefore, I see EVERYONE in my side of the Trimortidae," As he said it, Gavisus spread his forelegs and hooves wide, "as my sons and daughters, regardless of age and background."
Moon Ray stared at the Alicorn god with wide eyes. He was adopted... and that meant he has a lot of older and younger brothers and sisters now.
Including Bossa Nova...
Moon Ray was brought out of his thoughts by Gavisus' chuckles. "Of course, you don't have to call yourself 'son' if you don't think it fits..." Then Gavisus's face became softer again. "But given what happened between you and your father, I thought you needed some-creature who loves you and cares for you like a true father should."
Moon Ray felt his own face warm itself rapidly as his cheeks turned a very bright red. Trembling, he bowed his head and turned away, tipping his black gaucho hat downwards with a shaking hoof in a vain attempt to hide his flushed embarrassment.
"Aw, geez..." Moon Ray muttered. He hoped Gavisus wouldn't see his face. But a few thoughts told him Gavisus already knew. The fatherly hoof that placed itself on Moon Ray's shoulder proved it.
Finally, Moon Ray sharply exhaled and forced himself to look at Gavisus again. By the time he did so, his eyes were wet and slightly stinging.
"...Thanks, P-Pops." Moon Ray felt nervous saying it, but nonetheless there was love and genuine acknowledgement in his voice. "Really appreciate it."
Gavisus' mirth seemed to have returned, because suddenly Moon Ray was swept up in a big hug and squeezed rather tightly. Moon Ray swore he heard his own body squeak during the hug, like some foal's squeaky toy.
"No problem!" was Gavisus' cheerful response.
- While he has thrown afterlife parties for those who enter his Heaven-Realms, it's implied he has also done weddings, which happened with Moon Ray and Velvet Heart when they decided to get married post-mortem.
- Like Father, Like Son: Those of the Trimortidae who were raised by him often take after him in some way, being heroic Death deities who spread joy and comfort the dead/dying. Bossa Nova Heartstrings embodies his musical and joyful aspects, while Sola Mors embodies his performing and compassionate aspects.
- Magic Music: His entry notes that he can produce magical effects by playing music with his scythe. This is something that one of his adoptive sons, Bossa Nova Heartstrings, can also do after Ascending and gaining the domain of Music as part of his own portfolio.
- The Magnificent: Known as "the Joyous Reaper", due to being a Death god that embodies Joy and has a cheerful personality.
- O.O.C. Is Serious Business: Being asked by Moon Ray why he's "never too old for a substitute parent" causes him to become less cheerful and become more serious and empathetic. Moon Ray assumes he's going to be punished at first due to being unused to seeing Gavisus act this way, but his Telepathy detected no such intent.
- Parental Substitute: He became the adoptive father for those who died very young, such as foals and babies.
- He became Bossa Nova's primary caretaker after the latter ended up in his realm for being stillborn, and raised him like his own son. The love and care he gave Bossa Nova went a long way in influencing him to overcome his own flaws and become as noble and heroic as he is, ultimately resulting in his Ascension to godhood.
- He also became this for Sola Mors after she ended up in his realm. Though Sola Mors distrusted him at first due to experiences with bullies and apathetic adults, she eventually warmed up to him.
- He also adopted Moon Ray Vaughoof as one of his sons, which is notable since Moon Ray's birth father was an abusive alcoholic. Despite seeing himself as being "too old" to call himself one of Gavisus' sons, he nonetheless appreciates the gesture and has acknowledged Gavisus as his father.
- Raised by the Supernatural: He's the Alicorn god of Death and Joy, and he raised many of the foals and babies that ended up in his realm, including Bossa Nova Heartstrings, the stillborn older twin brother of Blue Suede Heartstrings. The love and respect he showed his adoptive children went a long way in influencing Bossa Nova to become who he is today, which ultimately led to him Ascending and becoming a Death god.
- Sad Clown: Defied. A conversation with Moon Ray Vaughoof reveals that many of the foals he ushers into his Heaven-Realms come from broken homes with abusive parents. Despite this, he doesn't let his experiences influence who he is, and tries to show his adoptive children love and care to help them recover from their traumas.
- Sibling Yin-Yang: Unlike his grim older brother, Malus, who becomes merciless and terrifying when taking wicked souls to their afterlife, he is a joyful deity who throws afterlife parties to comfort the dead.
- Sinister Scythe: Subverted. While he does have a scythe in his possession, it's described as having strings coming from the blade to the handle, making it look more like a musical instrument than a traditional reaper's scythe. Gavisus himself rarely holds his scythe right-side-up, instead preferring to lean on it so the blade resembles a smile. He also uses his scythe to perform happy ballads for the recently deceased who are ushered into his realm, singing about the happy times they have experienced and given others in life. That being said, since he's a Death god, he's quite adept in using his scythe as a weapon.
- So Proud of You: Bossa Nova's entry notes that he was extremely proud of his adoptive son when Bossa Nova Ascended to godhood shortly after his younger twin brother, Blue, did.
- Telepathy: His domain of Joy gives him the ability to make the dying relive their happiest memories before they pass on, implying that his domain is telepathic/empathic in nature. His adoptive son, Bossa Nova, is explicitly noted to have gained telepathic and empathic powers after Ascending and becoming the Alicorn god of Joy.
The Genesis Sovereign
Divine Classification: TBA
Portfolio: Creation, Birth
- Eldritch Abomination: She is one, being more ancient, powerful, and alien than even her grandchildren, the Grand Primevals. However, unlike her brother, the Void Sovereign, she's completely benevolent, being dedicated to preserving and protecting Equus and all of its sapient residents from her mad brother.
- Greater-Scope Paragon: She's the grandmother of the Grand Primevals, who are legendary forces of benevolence themselves, both the Rainbow of Light and the seven powers the Seven Rulers of Friendship Gardens possess were sent to Equus by her. After her brother's defeat, she sent the seed the Pillars would water and grow into the Tree of Harmony to Equus, and is implied to have done the same throughout the cosmos.
- Outnumbered Sibling: Of the three Galactic Sovereigns, she's the only female. The other two, the Void and Perpetuity Sovereigns, are her brothers.
- Person of Mass Construction: As one of her brothers, the Void Sovereign, is capable of destruction on a galactic scale, she's capable of creation on the same scale.
- Power of Creation: In contrast to her brothers, she rules over creation, as her name suggests.
Grief, the Saint of Mourners
Divine Classification: Ethereal
Portfolio: Grieving, Mourning, Acceptance
Rank: Divine (Tier III/Intermediate)
"It will be okay."
Grief (her entry here) is the goddess of Grieving, Mourning, and Acceptance. She tends to be feared, but it's largely because of misunderstandings in regards to her portfolio, which many believe contains Loss and Depression.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: Embodies Grieving, Mourning, and Acceptance.
- Dark Is Not Evil: She typically appears as a raven-winged goddess dressed in a black hooded cloak, and when helping mortal ponies deal with their grief, she appears as a black-pelted mare with a raven for a Cutie Mark. Despite her frightening appearance, she's very understanding, empathetic, and kind, being very dedicated to helping individuals achieve emotional closure in dealing with personal tragedies.
- Five Stages of Grief: Weaponized. While she helps people go through this process in order to achieve emotional closure, much of her magic is based around this trope.
- "Denial" protects herself from all attacks by denying she's being attacked. The only drawback is that she can't retaliate while using this ability, as doing so means that she has to acknowledge that she's being attacked.
- "Anger" allows her to generate and control flames as hot as the anger of those around her.
- "Bargaining" gives people a second chance to make amends for words said and actions done in anger by summoning the spirits of their loved ones so they can apologize. Many people wrongly assume that she can resurrect dead people and have tried to make her do so in return for some personal act or sacrifice, but it's beyond even her power to do so.
- "Depression" allows her to generate and control water as if she herself is crying.
- "Acceptance" allows her to heal people by converting spiritual/emotional healing into physical healing once all spiritual and emotional wounds are healed.
- Mentor Archetype: She would become Ruby Heart's mentor after the latter became a Confessor, teaching the spectral filly the many ways of helping people achieve emotional closure and has at times behaved like a second mother figure.
- Parental Substitute: In Ruby Heart's entry, it's noted that she has behaved like a second mother figure for the spectral filly at times.
- Winged Unicorn: Her benevolence, divinity, and her raven-like wings makes people assume she's this, though others have mistaken her for a Draconequus due to her body shape, but she has neither confirmed or denied this.
H to J
Halosis, the Lord of Triumphs
Portfolio: Victory, Conquest, Power
- Anthropomorphic Personification: Embodies Victory, Conquest, and Power.
- Anti-Nihilist: In his Motive Rant, he acknowledges the possibility that everyone and everything might be meaningless, insignificant, transient and would ultimately amount to nothing in the grander scheme of things. Far from being demoralized by this, however, he believes that makes it all the more important that he and everyone else with the strength and will to triumph to make their existences worthwhile by seeking conquest, so they can make their existence worthwhile and leave behind legacies that would stand the test of time.
- Dare to Be Badass: His speech to both mortal and divine sapientkind summing up his worldview consists of him urging his listeners to rise up and conquer every obstacle in their way so that in the end, they could become better.Halosis: You must go on: Conquest beyond conquest! Even this world and all its ways are too small for those with the strength to triumph! Even with all its mysteries uncovered, all its lands brought to order, all its power yielded and wielded, still we will stand at the beginning before the immensity of time and space. If we are but small, insignificant things, doomed to born, struggle and die, then we must grab for every scrap of joy, make all the differences we can, to make our transient existences worthwhile. Yet if we can rise beyond our limitations, overcome all obstacles and reach further to become more... then the choice is clear: All that is, or Nothing. Which shall it be, I ask of you? Which shall it be?
- Large Ham: See above Rousing Speech. Likely inevitable given what he embodies.
- The Magnificent: Known as "the Lord of Triumphs".
Divine Classification: Ethereal
Rank: Divine (Titan)
The god of Ignorance, and the twin brother of Want.
Iniquitous, Vicearch of the Malrègnar Empire
Divine Classification: Ethereal/Ascendant
Portfolio: Imagination, Childhood, Closure
Rank: Divine (Tier III/Intermediate)
- Anthropomorphic Personification: She's an Alicorn goddess who embodies Imagination, Childhood, and Closure.
K to N
First featuring in a drabble set during 'Final Ragnarok', Lord Svetlo was the Giant of Light who crash-landed in Cervidia long ago and fell in love with Astrid, making him the father of Lysets Far, the Light Father and grandfather of Tarou. In the time between his departure and the present day he had managed to ascend to godhood and continues to both watch over his beloved and scions from afar, as well as protect the cosmos at large from various monsters and threats.
- Alien Among Us: Spent some time in Jotunnheim back when he was a mortal heroic Giant of Light, after crash-landing there. During that time he courted Astrid and produced Lysets Far from their union, who would inherit his heroic mantle on Equus after Svetlo left.
- Big Good: Literally and metaphorically, being a Giant of Light god who had fought monsters and evil beings across the cosmos, protecting many worlds from destruction and depredation even while history continued on Equus.
- Blood Knight: Honourable benevolent version. His idea to prove his worth to Astrid's Jotunn warrior god father was to find and defeat one of the meanest monsters in Jotunnheim at the time. Astrid's father Hrothgar approves.
- Badass Cape: Wears one as part of his attire after ascending to godhood.
- Large and in Charge: Since his ascension to godhood, he had grown in stature to the point that one of his subordinates, a skyscraper-sized Giant of Light himself, had to be on the upper levels of their enormous vessel's bridge just to be on eye-level with him. Lord Svetlo is also in charge of a sizable force of heroic Giants of Light across the cosmos, keeping the peace across many worlds and battling evil wherever they appear.
- Mile-Long Ship: The mothership he rides in is positively enormous - dwarfing every vessel on Equus thus far - but also advanced enough that even in orbit no one barring the most observant star-gazer could even see it there.
- Wowing Cthulhu: How he got the right to court Astrid: proving to her father Hrothgar, the Endless Winter he was worthy of the Jotunn war goddess' hooves and his respect by finding the most ferocious giant monster available and beating the crap out of it. Hrothgar was impressed and approves of his conduct even before Svetlo actually sets out to do it.Hrothgar: Good answer.
Malus Manes, the Wicked Reaper
Divine Classification: Ethereal
Portfolio: Death, Sin, Punishment
"ARE YOU READY?!"
Malus Manes (his entry here) is the oldest sibling of the Three Deaths, and is the Alicorn god of Death, Sin, and Punishment.
- Alliterative Name: Malus Manes.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: Embodies Death, Sin, and Punishment.
- Catchphrase: As noted by his entry quote above, he often greets the souls of the wicked with a loud, "ARE YOU READY?!" before dragging them down to Tartarus or whatever other Hell-Realms appropriate for their punishment.
- Dark Is Not Evil: Of the Three Deaths, Malus is the only one someone shouldn't be happy to see waiting for them, but that's because they're wicked and about to be given what they've sown, not because he's evil.
- Dem Bones: His true form is an Alicorn skeleton who dresses like a traditional psychopomp.
- Don't Fear the Reaper: While he's not someone you want to see waiting for you, that's because his job is to take the wicked to their punishments for committing evil deeds in life. Otherwise, he's a nice guy and he will even give the genuinely repentant a second chance to earn a better fate.
- Dragged Off to Hell: As a Death god who represents eternal damnation, his task is to take souls of the wicked down to hell. Fortunately for him, he's powerful enough to resist attacks on him in case said souls don't want to go. Genuine repentance and atonement, however, can convince him to spare them this fate.
- Evil Is Hammy: Subverted. He's not evil, and is in fact benevolent like his younger siblings, but he represents the eternal damnation that awaits the wicked once they die. Whenever he appears to drag them off to Tartarus, he announces himself in a loud and terrifying manner while appearing as something that the wicked fear most individually.
- Hidden Depths: Despite his grim demeanor and feared reputation, he's softer and more warm-hearted than he lets on. For example, he becomes more cheerful whenever a wicked soul displays genuine remorse for their actions and vows to atone for their sins. He also has a goofy side - he once jokingly told one of his adoptive nephews, a then-young Bossa Nova Heartstrings, that his secret to scaring the wicked is appearing as something they fear the most... as well as yelling at them a lot.Bossa Nova Heartstrings: ...That's it?
Malus Manes: Trust me, you'll understand if you have the same job as I do. Sinners tend to get scared VERY easily...
- Incoming Ham: This happens a lot. Whenever he appears to take in the soul of a wicked person, he will announce himself in a loud and terrifying manner as if he's intoning the coming of eternal damnation.
- One example had him loudly announce himself to the spirit of Bitter Thicket after she was defeated by Pinkie Pie and Maud, and subsequently lost her puppet body in the bonfire outside her lair, freeing her grip on the mortal plane.Malus Manes: (to Bitter Thicket's spirit) BITTER THICKET! I AM MALUS MANES! THE DEATH AWAITING THE WICKED! AND I HATH COME FOR THEE! ARE YOU READY?!
- One example had him loudly announce himself to the spirit of Bitter Thicket after she was defeated by Pinkie Pie and Maud, and subsequently lost her puppet body in the bonfire outside her lair, freeing her grip on the mortal plane.
- Large Ham: He can get rather loud and terrifying whenever he comes to take the souls of wicked people to Tartarus. He would jokingly reveal to Bossa Nova Heartstrings that this is part of his secret to appearing as a scary figure to the wicked, as in his words, "sinners tend to get scared VERY easily".
- The Magnificent: Known as "the Wicked Reaper". Despite this, he is not evil himself; his epithet really refers to his job of dragging the souls of the wicked down to their eternal punishment.
- Meaningful Name: His name means "Wicked Dead" in Latin, which fits as he's a psychopomp whose task is to drag wicked souls to their eternal punishment. However, he's not wicked himself - just very grim and serious due to the nature of his job.
- Morality-Guided Attack: Being a god of Death whose domain represents the deaths of the wicked, he has the ability to turn a person's evil against them, either by increasing in strength or creating chains forged from his targets' own evil that weight them down proportionally to the number of misdeeds they have performed in life.
- Punny Name: The first part of his name sounds like "malice".
- Sibling Yin-Yang: Unlike his younger brother, Gavisus, who throws afterlife parties to comfort the dead, Malus is generally somber, and becomes merciless and terrifying when taking wicked souls to their afterlife.
- Winged Unicorn: His true form is a skeletal Alicorn who dresses like a traditional psychopomp.
Morpheus, the Lord of Dreams
Divine Classification: TBA
An ancient god of Dreams that Sola Mors befriended.
- Adaptation Relationship Overhaul: In The Sandman, he's the grumpy, brooding, and melancholic younger brother of Death of the Endless. Here, he's friends with Sola Mors, who is completely unrelated to him yet managed to befriend him through sheer kindness.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: Embodies Dreams, as indicated by his epithet.
- Because You Were Nice to Me: Implied to be the reason why he developed such a huge soft spot for Sola Mors. Sola Mors was very kind to him, which got him warming up to her and made him more receptive to being in the company of others. That being said, she was also willing to call him out on his flaws, which she, being the Alicorn goddess of Courage, was not afraid to do.
- Expy: Of Dream of the Endless.
- The Magnificent: Known as "the Lord of Dreams".
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: He would receive an epic one from Sola Mors, who grew fed up with his continuous wallowing in self-pity. She would then punctuate her speech by throwing at him a piece of bread he was feeding the birds with.Sola Mors: You are utterly the STUPIDEST, most SELF-CENTERED, APPALLINGEST EXCUSE for an 'ANTHROPOMORPHIC PERSONIFICATION' on THIS or any OTHER PLANE! An INFANTILE, ADOLESCENT, PATHETIC SPECIMEN! Feeling all SORRY for yourself because your little GAME is OVER, and YOU haven't got the- the BALLS to go and find a NEW one!
- Took a Level in Kindness: He used to be very foreboding, melancholic, haughty, and set in his ways. Then he met Sola Mors, after which he began to soften significantly and open up to others himself.
O to R
The Perpetuity Sovereign
Divine Classification: TBA
Portfolio: Preservation, Being
Prince Ivory Star, the Gentlestallion
Divine Classification: Ethereal/Ascendant
Portfolio: Heroism, Virtue, Belief, Innocence
Rank: Divine (Tier IV/Greater)
"As long as someone believes in heroes, the world will always remain a brighter place."
Prince Ivory Star (his entry here) is the Alicorn god of Heroism, Virtue, Belief, and Innocence, and is a beloved superhero from the Second Age who continues to inspire others with his deeds and presence.
- Adaptational Badass: He starts off as just a ponified version of the Gentleman, being mostly a Flying Brick in terms of superpowers, though he does have a psychic connection with Innocent Heart that allows him to sense when his daughter's in danger and teleport to her location. After learning of his origins as a living psychic projection of a young filly's dead father and being forced to make a choice, he ultimately chose to keep the world's belief in superheroes alive, leading to him becoming an Alicorn god.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: He's an Alicorn god who embodies Heroism, Virtue, Belief, and Innocence.
- Chronic Hero Syndrome: Like many superheroes of the Second Age, he had a tendency to suffer from this, being unwilling to abandon a person in need even though it would be advantageous of him to do so. In fact, his desire to protect and inspire people factored into his decision to keep living despite knowing he's not real. While he acknowledged that Innocent Heart did need to move on from her father's death and grow up, both she and many people also depended on him, and he couldn't bear to leave the world with one less hero. His choice led to him Ascending to godhood and gave him a life independent of Innocent Heart's psychic powers so he could become the hero everyone wanted him to be.
- Clap Your Hands If You Believe: As the Alicorn god of Belief, his powers revolve around this. He can empower himself by becoming stronger, tougher, and faster as more people believe in him, and he can do the same for others by believing in them. He possesses healing powers, though the effectiveness of them is powered by the amount of belief people have in him. He also has a unique ability in sensing and percieiving people's beliefs, allowing him to influence people and make them change their beliefs. This makes him a highly charismatic stallion, though he loathes abusing his domain and only uses it to inspire people and help them change their ways. It's noted in his entry that his domain of Belief is very similar to Written Word's domain of Faith.
- Dream People: What he really is. His grieving "daughter", Innocent Heart, created him as an idealized version of her real father, Strong Heart, who died saving people from an attack by Reichist sympathizers. Because of this, he looked exactly like Strong Heart in the beginning, sharing his appearance and all his good traits, though his existence depended entirely on Innocent Heart's Psychc Powers. The moment she lets go of him is the moment he disappears. But after going through an identity crisis and being shown the truth about the real Strong Heart's fate, he ultimately decides to Take a Third Option and continue living to keep the belief in superheroes alive rather than letting Innocent Heart continue living a lie, or letting himself fade away from existence to allow Innocent Heart to grow up, but depriving the world of another hero. This epiphany led to him becoming an Alicorn god and giving him a life of his own, getting rid of his dependency on Innocent Heart's Psychic Powers.
- Embodiment of Virtue: As the Alicorn god of Virtue, he embodies all virtues, though he tends to gravitate more towards humility, kindness, and generosity. He can project an empathic aura that suppresses a person's inner vices, giving him a calming, relaxing presence. Like Blue Suede Heartstrings, he has a form of precognition that shows him a person's future depending on their morality and actions, allowing him to guide people into doing good deeds. And quite fittingly, he possesses divine purification powers that allow him to get rid of curses, corruption, and certain poisons, making him a nightmare for Fallen deities, demons, and other foul entities. It's noted that Golden Scepter helped him foster this aspect of his Virtue domain, being skilled in holy magic himself.
- Expy: Of the Gentleman from Astro City. Both of them are sharply-dressed superheroes who are incredibly kind and polite even towards supervillains, and are both single fathers of young girls who dearly love them. They're also the product of grieving daughters who lost their fathers in a supervillain attack, and used their Psychic Powers to create idealized versions of their fathers to answer their grief and protect people in a world that needed heroes. Eventually, though, Ivory Star forges his own identity and even becomes an Alicorn god after doing many good deeds and choosing to keep the belief in superheroes alive instead of letting himself fade out of existence in order for Innocent Heart to move on.
- Face Death with Dignity: He was willing to let himself fade out of existence, if it meant Innocent Heart could recover from her trauma of losing her real father and have a chance to live a normal life. But after seeing how sad Innocent Heart looked and remembering the people who depended on him, he chose to continue living as a superhero instead, leading to his Ascension and giving him a life of his own.
- Fainting: By his own admission, he fainted when he learned Golden Scepter and Revelation are the same person, Revelation being Golden Scepter's mortal disguise.
- Flying Brick: He has the typical Second-Age superhero powers like flight and enhanced strength, endurance, and speed, with his only unique ability being a Psychic Link that allows him to sense when Innocent Heart is in danger and teleport to her location. This is because he's the idealized version of a stallion who died protecting his young daughter from a Reichist attack.
- Heroic BSoD: Learning that the real Strong Heart had died long ago, outing him as a living figment of a grieving psychic filly's imagination and thus making his entire existence a lie, nearly broke him. While this left him with insecurities over whether he could live up to Strong Heart's memory or not, he thankfully had friends to assure him that he's still his own person. He also doesn't blame the people responsible for informing him of his true origins, since unlike Dr. Belief and Overmare, they genuinely cared for Innocent Heart and wanted to give her a normal life, even if they had to break her delusions to ensure her emotional recovery.
- Heroic Sacrifice: After discovering that he was created as an idealized version of Innocent Heart's deceased father, he was willing to let himself fade out of existence so Innocent Heart could recover from the trauma of losing her father to Reichist sympathizers years ago, and finally live a normal life. However, seeing Innocent Heart's sadness and remembering the people who depended on him led to his decision to live as a superhero instead, leading to him Ascending to godhood and giving him a life of his own.
- Humble Hero: Like Strong Heart, the stallion who inspired his creation, he is rather humble and kind. As a superhero, he helped people because he genuinely wanted to, and believes that a hero's duty is to protect the innocent and be a Hope Bringer for them. After becoming an Alicorn, he felt uncomfortable with being treated like a god, and faced pressure from traditionalist deities to act and dress properly according to his divine station. His humility led to him befriending Blue Suede Heartstrings, a similarly humble Alicorn, as they both sympathized with each other's awkwardness with being worshiped and being pressured to become proper deities.
- Immune to Bullets: Bullets and laser beams don't affect him at all. This is because he was created as the idealized version of a grieving filly's dead father, who died in a Reichist attack. After Ascending to godhood, he kept this power.
- Magic Hair: His mane and tail post-Ascension are described as being composed of black spatial energy with a blue stripe of light running through them.
- The Magnificent: Known as "the Gentlestallion" for being a kind, humble, and polite stallion to everyone, even the bad guys he fights. It was also his superhero alias, back when he was a superhero in the Second Age.
- Papa Wolf: He was very protective of Innocent Heart, and his feats include taking out a group of Reichist sympathizers by himself, and saving Innocent Heart from her boarding school's elderly headmistress who ran an underground pickpocketing ring. This is because he was created by a grieving psychic filly as an idealized version of her father who died protecting her and others from a Reichist attack. He comes to realize this later on, but while he chose to continue living as a hero and reconciled with Innocent Heart, their relationship changed to that of close friends. That being said, it doesn't stop him from acting fatherly towards her at times.
- Psychic Powers: He mostly has telepathic and empathic abilities, with Virtue-based precognitive sight. His friend, Innocent Heart, is much more powerful to the point of bordering on Reality Warper levels.
- Seers: As the embodiment of Virtue, he has a form of precognition that gives him visions of a person's future depending on their current morality and actions, allowing him to guide people to do good deeds. It's noted that it's similar to Blue Suede Heartstring's Humility-based precognition.
- Sharp-Dressed Man: Much like the Gentleman, his superhero costume consists of a black tuxedo with coattails, a red sash, and a red buttonhole rose. He wears a divine version of this after he becomes an Alicorn.
- Take a Third Option: After being shown the real Strong Heart's grave, he had to make a choice: Let Innocent Heart continue living a lie so he could continue living, or sacrificing his own existence so Innocent Heart could come to terms with her grief and move on. But the problem is, both Innocent Heart and the people of Ponyland needed him. He ultimately chooses to live as the ideal hero and protector so he could keep the belief in superheroes alive, leading to his Ascension to godhood and giving him a life independent of Innocent Heart's Psychic Powers.
Prince Mercurial Rhapsody
Divine Classification: Ethereal/Ascendant
Portfolio: Song, Performance, Endurance, Dreams
Rank: Divine (Tier IV/Greater)
- Anthropomorphic Personification: He's an Alicorn god who embodies Song, Performance, Endurance, and Dreams.
- Camp Straight: He's known in the Second Age for his flamboyant stage persona, but he's pretty straight off-stage.
- Determinator: Implied. To him, no matter what happens, the show must go on. He even embodies Endurance as a concept.Prince Mercurial Rhapsody: The show MUST go on, darling!
- Freddie Mercopy: He's essentially a version of Freddie Mercury who managed to Ascend to godhood in the Codexverse. To hammer it in, both his name and motto take after two of his most iconic songs ("Bohemian Rhapsody" and "The Show Must Go On", respectively).
- No Celebrities Were Harmed: He's a Freddie Mercopy of Freddie Mercury, the deceased frontman of Queen known for his flamboyant stage persona and his powerful voice.
Princess Arcus, the Rainbow Incarnate
Divine Classification: Ascendant/Ethereal
Portfolio: Rainbows, Colors, Responsibility, Renewal
Rank: Divine (Tier III/Intermediate)
"There are times when one can play, and times when one should be responsible!"
Princess Arcus, born "Rarity" (her entry here) is the Alicorn goddess of Rainbows, Colors, Responsibility, and Renewal, and is an extremely powerful deity underneath her cheerful and childish persona.
- Adaptational Badass: She's G3 Princess Rarity, who in canon was one of the stronger characters due to her wand, but was still a little filly. Arcus is not only an Alicorn goddess, but an extremely powerful one due to absorbing the Nexus of Rainbows to save Equus's colors.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: She's an Alicorn goddess who embodies Rainbows, Colors, Responsibility, and Renewal.
- Barrier Maiden: Equus's magical field was severely damaged by the Void Aeon, and thus light's ability to become color went haywire, turning everything greyscale. This is far more dangerous than it sounds, as it would effectively trigger an ecological collapse among other cataclysmic problems if not stopped. It was her duty as Rainbow Princess to use the Rainbow Wand in a ritual to fix the issue every year for the sake of the entire planet. She became even more this trope after the end of the Third Age, as she'd merged with the Nexus of Rainbows powering the ritual and thus was no longer just an important part of the ritual, but its power source. Subverted in modern day, as she managed to find a way to permanently fix the problem.
- The Big Guy: Among the Third Age Alicorns she is the biggest in terms of raw power thanks to absorbing the Nexus of Magic, and also somewhat larger and older-looking due to the accelerated aging that incidentally made her stronger.
- But Thou Must!: Exploited and invoked. Through her domain of responsibility, Arcus could see the responsibility others have or compel others to assume responsibility that they had assumed, whether or not they actually mean to fulfill their obligations.
- Character Development: She was initially a rather carefree and irresponsible filly who would rather have fun and make friends instead of attending to her duties as the chosen Princess of Unicornia. After goofing off one time too many and barely succeeding in averting disaster in the nick of time, she became a dutiful and responsible princess upon realizing just how important her task is and the consequences of her neglecting her role. Her sense of responsibility went to the point that she embodied Responsibility as a concept when she ascended.
- Everything's Better with Rainbows: And you can ride the ones she makes, too, just like anypony could on the Rainbows of Unicornia back in the Third Age.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Arcus was willing to sacrifice herself to preserve the Nexus of Rainbows, as due to arcane damage to Equus from the Void Aeon, Equus's colors were entirely reliant on it at the time to exist. Thankfully, she survived and came out of it far stronger.
- Invisibility: One of the versatile ways she could apply her powers over colours. Thanks to her enormous divine strength she could cloak entire armies by herself, with assistance from others cloaking other aspects not covered by her rainbow and colour powers.
- Lethal Harmless Powers: Why her ability to manipulate colors on potentially continental scales at full strength adds to her status as a Person of Mass Destruction - she could shut down colours of all wavelengths in an area should she chose to, turning everything greyscale. While this doesn't sound bad, the ramifications are enormous as many, many ecological and biological processes are dependent on the different colour wavelengths, meaning that immediately or eventually she could cause catastrophic damage on all living things within the area of effect, from blinding all the animals, to shutting down photosynthesis in plants and collapse the entire ecosystem from its foundations. This is especially ironic as she was made the Princess of Rainbows back in the Third Age whose duty was to prevent this from happening on a global scale and ultimately fix the issue causing it, which she succeeded in.
- Mr. Fixit: Gender-inverted version. Her domain over Renewal allow her to fix things that are broken, from damaged artifacts and body injuries to wrecked environments. Certainly very useful considering both her original responsibility and also her capacity for destruction.
- Person of Mass Destruction: She could blow holes in mountains and manipulate colours on a continental scale (which is much more dangerous than it sounds when you consider the ecological impact this could cause), and in general cause widespread destruction with her great strength if she chose to. Fortunately, she won't do so except to stop evildoers and protect others.
- Pretty Princess Powerhouse: She's a fun-loving and cheerful Alicorn princess from the fantastic and compassionate Third Age who happened to have enough raw power to rival vastly older deities, blow apart mountains with test shots and manipulate colour-related phenomena on a continental scale.
- Rapid Aging: Positive example. Her absorption of the Nexus of Magic from the Castle of Rainbows caused her aging process to become accelerated. This is a good thing for her as Codexverse Deities become Stronger with Age, meaning that she quickly growing much more powerful than she would had she aged normally.
- The Chosen One: Luminiferous chose her as one of his pupils for multiple reasons, but a major one was because she was potentially the one who would some day permanently fix the magical fracture that would cause Equus's colors to vanish if a specific ritual wasn't performed each year. She eventually lived up to that potential and successfully did so.
- Unskilled, but Strong: She has plenty of divine magic thanks to absorbing an entire Nexus of Magic and tens of thousands of years to practice with it, but still relies more on power than finesse.
- Worthy Opponent: During the Third Age, she had a number of them among the Cryptans, owing to being one of the defenders of Unicornia and Ponyland fighting to stop the attempted world conquests of the old Empire of Crypta.
- Younger Than They Look: Due to assimilating the Nexus of Rainbows, her aging process was rapidly accelerated. Thus while being far younger, she looks about as old as Luminiferous and has already grown her second set of wings.
'Princess' Eris, the Spirit of Luck
Portfolio: Luck, Gambling, Random Chance
Rank: Divine (Tier III/Intermediate)
"Got a problem with me liking destructive chaos? Well, unlucky you, the arrow landed on the wrong slide..."
'Princess' Eris (her entry here) is the goddess of Luck, Gambling, and Random Chance, and is an unpredictable individual of questionable morality who was one part of Discord's inner circle during his stint of villainy.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: She's a goddess of unknown species (though it's speculated she was originally a Draconequus) who embodies Luck, Gambling, and Random Chance.
- Blue-and-Orange Morality: She decides her entire character and morality based off of random chance by spinning a wheel, and changes completely every few thousand years when it amuses her. She doesn't view anything wrong with this, rather she treats it with as much seriousness as changing a hat.
- Co-Dragons: Was one of Discord's during his reign until Cosmos had her banished to another dimension.
- Dystopian Edict: Borderline case, but 'Princess' Eris' participation in Discord's rampage led to a controversial rule among the gods of Equus after the 'War Against Chaos', later formalized by all member gods and pantheons of the Cosmic Council. The 'Eris Doctrine', as it would be known as, calls for any god or god-level entity with a similarly unpredictable moral framework/mentality to be... 'dealt with' as soon as found. This is not, however, out of bigotry or persecution for those who possess a different moral outlook or thinking process, at least as insisted by its proponents. The idea behind is that they simply cannot afford to have unpredictable beings with that level of power running around, suddenly turning evil or destructive without warning or reason, since by the time people who can stop it could realize what happened, catastrophic damage would had already been done. Consider why a crazy, unstable dictator getting their hands on Weapons Of Mass Destruction is a terrifying prospect, then take it to literally god-like levels. Despite the controversy, everyone abides by it because as 'Princess' Eris and all the damage she and other similar beings later on would cause demonstrated, they simply have no other choice.
- It Amused Me: Unlike Discord and her fellow Co-Dragons, her motivations are less pure sadism and more to amuse herself: she changes her entire character and morality every few thousand years when she grows bored with them and good and evil to her are less serious moral choices and more like changing a hat.
- I Have No Son!: Was on the receiving end of this from Kaos, the Chaos Primeval, parent of Discord and possibly even 'Princess' Eris, much to the surprise and confusion of many. This is surprising when considering that Kaos wished to redeem and eventually forgave Discord for his transgressions, even though Discord did far worse. Kaos' utter lack of sympathy for her in contrast to the Primeval's son is hinted to be due to the fact that Discord's descend into villainy was implied to involve a lamentable downward spiral that makes his Fall sympathetic and even tragic, and make it still possible to salvage him despite all he did. Eris, however, wasn't so much a fall as just waking up one day and deciding to become an unrepentantly vile Card-Carrying Villain, going from a mischievous but still dutiful Draconequu to a God of Evil indulging in destructive chaos just for its own sake, not even using it constructively like Temnobog and his family does. Kaos' contradictory reaction compared to his sympathy for Discord is almost exactly the sort of reaction a parent or relative would have if they learnt their beloved, sweet little daughter/niece decides to go on a killing spree or destroy the world one day for no better reason other than being bored, or because a coin-flip turned up tail. For even the fundamentally random and chaotic Kaos, that is going way too far.
Divine Classification: Ethereal
Portfolio: Forgiveness, Spiritual Healing, Making Amends
"A lot of things can happen when one forgives, but we definitely didn't expect a baby god as one of those things!"
— Princess Cadence, in regards to Lampyridae/Firewing's birth
Princess Lampyridae/Firewing (his entry here) is an infant hybrid goddess of Forgiveness, Spiritual Healing, and Making Amends, and is regarded as an oddity due to her parentage and the circumstances that birthed her.
Princess Lampyridae/Firewing was born after two major, bloody conflicts that was directly caused by the long-standing racial feud between Changelingkind and Dragonkind. After the Dr. Toxikon Crisis ended, Thorax and Ember decided to forgive each other's races for their heinous actions, having gotten so sick of the violence and hypocrisy behind the feud in general that they both decided that it was time to react with forgiveness and mercy rather than continue something that has both affected and killed millions of innocents. Shortly after that, a goddess was born in the form of an infant Dragon/Changeling hybrid.
Luminiferous hypothesized that Lampyridae/Firewing's birth was the result of the magical karmic backlash towards Thorax and Ember's actions. Because the Changeling-Dragon feud was so bloody, vicious, and enduring, Thorax and Ember rejecting it and genuinely forgiving their people created a massive rebound, spawning a hybrid deity that embodied Forgiveness and Making Amends. Needless to say, Lampyridae/Firewing's discovery both shocked and flustered Ember, especially when the infant regarded her and Thorax as her biological "parents".
Shortly after Lampyridae/Firewing's birth, both the Changeling Progenitors (as well as their demigod children) and the Dragon pantheon started having a "custody battle" upon her discovery, arguing over which domain she truly belonged to in hopes they would take possession of the infant goddess. It got so bad that Lampyridae/Firewing started crying loudly... and unleashed an "empathy wave" that caused both sides to see and experience the hurt they were inflicting on each other with their petty squabbles. Because of this, it was ultimately decided that the infant hybrid goddess would stay with Thorax and Ember as a tenuous joint member of both groups.
While some see Lampyridae/Firewing as an opportunity to finally bury the hatchet, others, especially more malicious individuals, see her as a prospective weapon. Nevertheless, as an infant goddess, she has lots of potential, and might play a very important role in the future.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: Embodies Forgiveness, Spiritual Healing, and Making Amends.
- Birds of a Feather: Platonic example. It is strongly believed in-universe by many that she might befriend Prince Sparkling Wing once she grows up, as they are both empathic deities who embody peaceful divine concepts, and have the potential to bring everyone together.
- Cheerful Child: Implied, as her entry describes her as a very cheerful and happy baby.
- Children Are Innocent: Because she's the divine product of Thorax and Ember's act of forgiveness and mercy, she was born with no knowledge of what Changelingkind or Dragonkind has done in the past, and thus is incapable of holding a grudge towards either race (though some question if she is capable of holding grudges at all). After Lampyridae/Firewing started crying from the squabbles between the divine Changelings and Dragons over which domain she belonged to, Thorax and Ember proceeded to make it clear that their people's racial grudge is to stay far away from their "daughter".
- The Empath: Implied to be her power. She started crying when both Changeling and Dragon deities started fighting over possession of her, and unleashed an empathy wave that caused both sides to experience the hurt they were causing each other, defusing the conflict.
- Emotion Bomb: She has the power to unleash an "empathy wave", which causes those who have harmed others to feel the hurt and suffering they have inflicted, while their victims would feel their tormentors' repressed guilt. This emerged for the first time during a "custody battle" between Changelingkind and Dragonkind that was quickly turning violent.
- Half-Human Hybrid: She's a divine Dragon/Changeling hybrid, the second to come into existence after the tragic Princess Apertus. And because she's created from the magical karmic backlash of Thorax and Ember's heroic deeds, she's technically their biological daughter. Unfortunately, her mixed heritage actually threatened to revive hostilities between Changelingkind and Dragonkind again in the form of a "custody battle", with both the Changeling Progenitors and their Semi-Divine children arguing with the divine Dragons over which domain Lampyridae/Firewing truly belonged to. The conflict upset Lampyridae/Firewing so much that she unleashed an empathy wave on them, causing both sides to experience the hurt they were causing each other and defusing their hostilities.
- Harmful to Minors: She was exposed to hostility for the first time when both Changeling and Dragon deities started fighting over her in a "custody battle", each seeking to adopt her in their respective domains. As a result, she started crying loudly, unleashing an "empathy wave" that defused the conflict and made both sides experience guilt over the hurt they were causing her and each other. Because of this, Thorax and Ember made it clear that the racial feud is to stay far away from the infant goddess.
- Karmic Jackpot: She's the living embodiment of this. Luminiferous hypothesized that because the racial Changeling-Dragon grudge was so bloody, vicious, and enduring, Thorax and Ember's joint act of forgiveness towards the divine elders of each other's race caused a magical karmic backlash that created Lampyridae/Firewing. It's speculated, and even hoped, that Lampyridae/Firewing would help her biological "parents" in their efforts to finally stop the feud and bridge both Changelingkind and Dragonkind together.
Princess Winter Opera, the Defiant Symphony
Divine Classification: Ascendant
Portfolio: Dark Magic, Potential, Defiance
Rank: Divine (Tier IV/Greater)
Princess Winter Opera is the Alicorn goddess of Dark Magic, Potential, and Defiance, and is an ancient and benevolent deity despite being a surviving daughter of the villainous War Rock.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: She's an Alicorn goddess who embodies Dark Magic, Potential, and Defiance.
- Dark Is Not Evil: Despite one of her domains being Dark Magic, she's actually similar to Luminiferous in origin, being benevolent and heroic offspring of notorious villains who wasted their own potential for good by becoming evil for self-serving reasons. They even have similar domains like Potential and Defiance/Self-Determination. She also acknowledges this In-Universe, believing that even those who are assumed to be "bad" like her have potential to do good.Princess Winter Opera: Even 'bad' creatures like me have potential to do good, no matter who they're born to. And buck those who say or think otherwise!
- Deity of Human Origin: She was once a mortal Earth pony who eventually became an Alicorn goddess. It's noted that Ascending to godhood was something her father War Rock could've done himself, had he simply swallowed his pride and changed for the better.
- In the Blood: Defied. Despite being a surviving child and daughter of War Rock, and being bullied for it, she not only managed to rise above her parentage, but become a leading figure in Symphonic Metal. Eventually, her good deeds and defiance of expectations would allow her to Ascend to godhood, something that War Rock himself desperately sought but could never achieve.
- Loser Son of Loser Dad: Deconstructed. She was bullied a lot simply for being a daughter of War Rock when she was younger, which gave her a lot of issues. Fortunately, with help from people who genuinely cared for her like Luminiferous and Blue Suede Heartstrings, she managed to rise above her parentage and become a leading figure in Symphonic Metal, eventually Ascending to godhood herself.
- The Magnificent: Known as "the Defiant Symphony".
- Sins of Our Fathers: In her mortal life, she was bullied and scorned a lot by many people just for being biologically related to War Rock, even though she didn't do anything to truly warrant such mistreatment.
- Symphonic Metal: It's noted that she became a leading figure in the Symphonic Metal genre after rising above her villainous parentage and became a musician.
Princess Wysteria, the Maiden of Spring
Divine Classification: Ascendant/Ethereal
Portfolio: Spring, Leadership, Groundskeepers
Rank: Divine (Tier III/Intermediate)
Princess Wysteria (her entry here) is the Alicorn goddess of Spring, Leadership, and Groundskeepers, and a humble mare who more than earned her position and power with her humility.
Queen Amarelthea, the Last/First Unicorn
Divine Classification: Ethereal/Ascendant
Portfolio: Memories, Love, Unicorns
"Love is something to be treasured and valued by all sapient creatures. Yes, it can ruin lives and inflict the most terrible of agonies... but it can also bring the greatest of joys."
Queen Amarelthea (her entry here) is the Fae Alicorn goddess of Memories, Love, and Unicorns, and is responsible for the creation of the modern-day Unicorn Pony tribe.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: She's a Fae Alicorn goddess who embodies Memories, Love, and Unicorns.
- Close to Home: She was temporarily transformed into a mortal Earth Pony mare by her wizard friend, Schmanedrick, to save her from the Red Bull, in the process forcing her to not only experience mortality for the first time (something seen as horrifying to immortal beings like her) but also the emotions that mortal beings would feel. This made her learn how to love as mortals did, resulting in her feeling compassion for all creatures beyond what her people could feel. It also resulted in her bearing a hatred for those who take love itself for granted and choose to spread hatred instead, as she sees the concept of love as something to be treasured and valued.
- Disappointed in You: She tells the Children of Platinum this, as she helped create the unicorn tribe based off of love and yet they choose to hate instead.
- Forgiveness: Though she and her people lived in hiding for a long period of time due to the Imperium of Ponykind's collective xenophobia, she would eventually forgive Emperor Golden Scepter for his Imperium's actions.
- The Fair Folk: She's not a Alicorn in the conventional sense, rather she's of a species of fae. Unicorns resemble her because they were directly based off her.
- Humanoid Abomination: As a benevolent Fae Alicorn goddess who was directly involved in the creation of the modern Unicorn Pony tribe, she is incredibly ancient, her true age being roughly the same as Golden Scepter's. Her true divine form is also as eldritch as Golden Scepter's true form, bearing six wings and a mane and tail made of energy with memories rippling through it.
- Magic Hair: Her mane and tail are described as being made of memory energy. In her true form as a Fae Alicorn goddess, her hair is made of energy with memories rippling through it.
- The Maker: She was responsible for the creation of the Unicorn tribe as it is known as in the modern day, as she was inspired by her experiences as a mortal to work with King Equus.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech:
- She would give one in the Fourth Age to a group of unicorn tribalists from the Children of Platinum faction, being incredibly disgusted with them for choosing to spread hate instead of love despite their love-inspired origins. It was noted that she appeared to the tribalists in a mortal disguise before shedding it to reveal her true form.Queen Amarelthea: You do not deserve to call yourselves unicorns.
Unicorn tribalist: And who are you to tell us that?
Queen Amarelthea: The one who helped create your entire Tribe. I was inspired to help create you because I experienced love as non-Fae and mortals do, your hatred is the last thing I desired. How can you take love so much for granted that you would choose hatred instead?
- She would also give one to High King Irminsul of the Elternteil Deer Pantheon. While Irminsul expected her to become his ally based on their shared origins and duties as guardians of the forest (something that she acknowledges), she quite emphatically turned him down, citing his toxic, abusive hypocrisy and his defilement/murder of his unborn son as two reasons why she refuses to associate with him.Queen Amarelthea: It is true that we are both creatures whose duties lie in the forest we are born in, that much I will admit... but I cannot and will not agree with you. Part of caring for nature involves holding compassion for ALL nature, including those who were not born in the forests like we were. It was a lesson that was taught to me by a very close friend of mine from long ago, and I will not forget it no matter how hard it was for me to learn it. You may call yourself a steward of the forests, but your actions speak otherwise. If you truly cared for everything that lived in your domain, why did you decide to defile and murder your unborn son? Why did you give your family and your mortal subjects harmful lessons that will only encourage hatred, arrogance, and selfishness? And why did you participate in, and condone, the abuse of a child who had not done anything truly harmful to you or your family?
You may be seen by your people as a benevolent High King, Irminsul, but I see you as no different than the villains I had fought, those who threaten the lives of innocent people with self-serving goals. And until you are able to answer my questions and see the error of your ways, I can only see a future where everyone you loved has left you behind, and your peers only see you as a hypocritical, self-righteous, and close-minded ruler who was willing to hurt his own family to gain the purity he desperately sought.
- She would give one in the Fourth Age to a group of unicorn tribalists from the Children of Platinum faction, being incredibly disgusted with them for choosing to spread hate instead of love despite their love-inspired origins. It was noted that she appeared to the tribalists in a mortal disguise before shedding it to reveal her true form.
- Time Abyss: Like Emperor Golden Scepter, she is incredibly ancient and is roughly as old as him. But due to being already immortal before Ascending to godhood, time is very different to her and she doesn't know how old she truly is.
Divine Classification: Ethereal/Ascendant
Portfolio: Imagination, Familial Love, Patron Deity (Tulpas)
Rank: Divine (Tier IV/Greater)
"Don't worry, I'm totally not one of those evil queens!"
Queen Fantasia (her entry here) is the Tulpa goddess of Imagination, Familial Love, and Tulpas, and is the divine ruler of the combined kingdom of Fratrem.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: Embodies Imagination, Familial Love, and Tulpas; the last part is because she's their "Parental Deity".
- Built With LEGO: Appears to be a sapient mass of NEIGHGO Bricks...because she is: she's an ascendant Tulpa born from a collection of them.
- Love Goddess: She embodies the concept of "Storge Love" or Familial Love, known as the love shared between parents, children, and siblings.
- Tastes Like Diabetes: In-Universe; her eccentric tastes made the combined kingdom of Fratrem look so girly that Rainbow Dash described its appearance as being "sweet enough to give me a toothache".
- Tulpa: She's a Tulpa who ascended to godhood.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: Can rearrange her form into whatever she desires.
Queen Mother Solarius, the Divine Machine
Divine Classification: Ethereal/Ascendant
Portfolio: Solarians (Patron Deity), Co-Existence, Creation
Queen Mother Solarius (her entry here) is the Divine Machine goddess of Solarians, Co-Existence, and Creation, and is the benevolent 'Queen Mother' of the robotic Solarian race.
- Abstract Apotheosis: When Steel Barricade asked her what she truly wanted, it made her consider her unique status and plans in contrast to Exosus and Dr. Solar's intentions for her. Her final answer triggered her Ascension as a demi-divine machine, and gave her enough power to hold off Exosus (who at the time merged with his upgraded Kill Sat and attempted to ram himself into Equus with the force of a killer asteroid) long enough for him to be defeated by Corona Neo and Golden Scepter.
- And I Must Scream: She was enslaved by Exosus and forced to make her species serve him and attack Equus against their will, all while fully conscious. Fortunately, she was freed when Steel Barricade detected the Solarians' agonized suffering, leading to Golden Scepter and Corona Neo tearing off the implant device Exosus was using to control her out of his cybernetic body.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: She's a Divine Machine that embodies Solarians, Co-Existence, and Creation.
- Armor-Piercing Question: Steel Barricade gave her one during Exosus' final endgame, forcing her to consider what she wanted to be vs. what Exosus and Dr. Solar wanted her to be. Her final answer triggered her Ascension.Prince Steel Barricade: You aren't what that monster chooses you to be. You aren't even what your father chose you to be. You are who YOU choose to be. What do you choose to be?
Queen Mother Solarius: ...I am not a weapon of war. I am a creator. I am Proof of Co-Existence.
- Badass Boast: Her answer to Steel Barricade's Armor-Piercing Question has shades of this - In her mind, she is not a weapon of war. She is a creator, and Proof of Co-Existence.
- Benevolent A.I.: She's a supercomputer created by Dr. Solar and thus Corona's 'little sister.' Like him, she's heroic and cares for organic life.
- Hive Queen: She's technically this for the Solarian race, as the original Solarians were mining drones who were granted sapience by her to ease her growing loneliness. However, she largely just uses this feature now to communicate with the rest of her species telepathically while largely letting them have individuality. Exosus, however, enslaved her and forced her to let him play this trope straight.
S to V
Santa Hooves, the Jolly One
Divine Classification: Ethereal/Ascendant
Portfolio: Good Will, Hearth's Warming, Gift-Giving
Rank: Divine (Tier IV/Greater), possibly older
"Ho ho ho! Happy holidays!"
Santa Hooves (his entry here) is the god of Good Will, Hearth's Warming, and Gift-Giving, and a jolly-natured individual with a very positive reputation all over Equus.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: Embodies Good Will, Hearth's Warming, and Gift-Giving.
- Deity of Human Origin: While his exact species is unknown, he was a mortal who was allowed to Ascend into divinity after the Deer pantheons witnessed his countless good and selfless deeds, and decided to reward him after he reached old age.
- Time Abyss: Had been around for a very long time and active across the Ages of Known History. Had been active at least as early as the Second Age, with Saint Sweetheart of the Tales/Virtuous Seven, for example, knowing him on a personal level, as well as the jolly saint having met with other major figures of that era like Overmare.
Satori, the Mother of All Llamas
Divine Classification: Ascendant/Ethereal
Portfolio: Enlightenment, Spirit, Parental Deity (Llamas)
Rank: Divine (Tier IV/Greater)
"Let there be illumination for all!"
Satori (her entry here) is the Llama goddess of Enlightenment and Spirit, and, as her name suggests, is the "Parental Deity" of mortal Llamakind.
In the First Age, Satori was once a mortal Llama named Cha Cha, and was notably the first sapient Llama in existence. She once lived in Dream Valley with the rest of the first generation of Ponyfriends, which included individuals like Oakley, Edgar, Creamsicle, and Zigzag. When Zigzag regained her memories as Queen Mzazi and returned to her divine station and form, she would help her friends Ascend to godhood as well, taking on new names to reflect their transformations. It was after Ascending that Satori decided to uplift Llamakind by giving them sapience, shaping her people to what they are today.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: Embodies Enlightenment, Spirit, and Llamas; the last part is because she is their "Parental Deity".
- Astral Projection: Implied, as this is one of her abilities listed under her domain of Enlightenment.
- The Magnificent: Known as "the Mother of All Llamas", due to her role in giving Llamakind sapience and influencing her race into what it is today.
- Meaningful Name: In Japanese Buddhism, "satori" refers to someone gaining sudden enlightenment. Satori was once a mortal llama until her friend, Queen Mzazi/Zigzag, regained her memories as a goddess and Ascended, and proceeded to help her friends Ascend to godhood as well. It was also after this that Satori would give all of Llamakind their sapience.
- Meaningful Rename: As a mortal llama, she was known as "Cha Cha". After her Zebra friend, Zigzag, returned to her divine station as Queen Mzazi, she would help her friends Ascend as well. Cha Cha would change her name to "Satori", referring to how she gained enlightenment and divinity because of her friendships allowing her to Ascend in the first place.
- Psychic Powers: As the llama goddess of Enlightenment, she possesses extrasensory perception, astral projection, and telepathy.
- Telepathy: One of her abilities as goddess of Enlightenment is telepathy. Her entry notes that she is powerful, though not to the extent of purely psychic deities like Mentálne.
- Uplifted Animal: She was born the first sapient llama in existence. After Ascending to godhood, she would uplift Llamakind by giving her people sapience.
Sekra the Indomitable, High Queen of Crypta
Stynlla, the Woeful Tide
Divine Classification: TBA
- The Magnificent: Known as "the Woeful Tide".
Sultana Sahra', the Mother of All Camels
Divine Classification: Elemental/Ascendant
Portfolio: Exploration, Sand, Parental Deity (Camels)
Rank: Divine (Tier IV/Greater)
"Life is an adventure. So let's go exploring!"
Sultana Sahra' (her entry here) is the Camel goddess of Enlightenment and Spirit, and, as her name suggests, is the "Parental Deity" of mortal Camelkind.
Thrýlos, the Giant of Legend
Divine Classification: Ethereal
Portfolio: Cosmic Energy, Justice, Mercy
— Cosmos, the Serpent of Obsession, upon witnessing Thrýlos' manifestation during the "Cosmos Incident".
Thrýlos (his entry here) is the Giant god of Cosmic Energy, Mercy, and Justice, and is an ancient yet mysterious deity whom people know very little about.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: Embodies Cosmic Energy, Justice, and Mercy.
- Fusion Dance: He's formed by Eiríni and Dikastí merging into one, though it's implied more accurately that they're him divided in two.
- Wave-Motion Gun: His first act upon being formed against Cosmos was to blow a hole in her and send her flying across the subcontinent with one of these.
Tlalcuaz, the Hungry Goddess
- Reptiles Are Abhorrent: Implied, as she was described as a reptile-like goddess whose hunger and disposition is just as bad, if not worse, than Díniydátis's.
- Worthy Opponent: Attempts to eat each other aside, she genuinely respects Díniydátis for her prowess and was impressed by it so much that she taught the cursed goddess how to spawn more mouths on her body, both for combat and consumption.
Upepo, the Wind Mother
Divine Classification: Elemental/Ascendant
Portfolio: Wind, Kindness, Parental Deity (Giraffes)
Rank: Divine (Tier IV/Greater)
"Kindness knows no heights."
Upepo (her entry here) is the Giraffe goddess of Wind and Kindness and, as her epithet indicates, is the "Parental Deity" of mortal Giraffekind.
Upepo was once a mortal Giraffe called Creamsicle, and was the first sapient Giraffe in existence. Her home was originally in Dream Valley, where she lived with other mortal "Ponyfriends" such as Oakley, Zigzag, Cha Cha, and Edgar. When Zigzag regained her memories as Queen Mzazi and Ascended back to her divine station and form, she would help her friends Ascend to godhood as well. Upepo took on her current name after becoming a Giraffe goddess, and chose to uplift mortal Giraffekind by giving them sapience.
- Adaptational Badass: In canon, she's Creamsicle, one of the G1 "Ponyfriends" of the First Age. Here, she became a powerful Giraffe goddess with ties to Mzazi, her best friend and a fellow divine.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: Embodies Wind, Kindness, and Giraffes; the last part is because she is their "Parental Deity".
- Blow You Away: As the Giraffe goddess of Wind, she is capable of using wind magic. However, her take on it is that most of her attacks require movement - with a few sweeping, graceful movements such as spins and kicks, she can form tornadoes, gusts, and wind blades. One favored attack involves turning herself into a living spear by creating a sharp miniature tornado around her head, which can pierce through any foe she charges.
- Elemental Hair: Her mane and tail were described by her entry as being made of miniature tornadoes, which fits her being the living embodiment of Wind.
- The Empath: She's described by her entry as being one. As the goddess of Kindness, she has psychic empathy, which means she can create an aura that brings out the inner goodness of people and ebbs aggression, though she doesn't force it. This largely explains why she's so compassionate to even "evil" beings like Temnobog and treats them kindly. It's also because of this that Canteros, the Primeval/Preeminent god of Requited Love, arranged for her to befriend Temnobog, as the dark stag was still suffering from the consequences of the Elternteil Deer Pantheon's emotional abuse, and thus desperately needed some love and kindness to recover from it.
- Gentle Giant: As a Giraffe goddess, she's very large, though not as tall as Queen Tiara, a Sauropodian goddess and one of her old friends who is the largest of the "Ponyfriends", or divine Dragons and Giants in general. She's also a very kind, if somewhat mischievous person who's willing to fight and protect those she cares about when necessary.
- Improbable Weapon User: Due to being a Giraffe, she uses her own long neck like a sword. It's noted in her entry that her neck is in fact heavily muscled and more of a weapon than a weakness.
- Magic Hair: After becoming a goddess, her mane and tail echoed the appearance of miniature tornadoes.
- Nice Guy: Gender-inverted. As the Giraffe goddess of Kindness, she's very compassionate and empathetic... literally. She's a very perky and friendly sort, with a slight mischievous streak, as she often playfully uses her powers to suddenly appear to unwary passerby to startle them. She gets along with similarly compassionate deities like Belyolen, since he's a radiant stag with endless compassion, but she also treats Temnobog kindly despite his innate Evil, which the dark stag appreciates. Canteros' entry reveals that it was because of this trait that she ended up associating with Temnobog in the first place; as the god of Requited Love, Canteros "nudged some things" so that Temnobog's desire for love and respect would finally be answered, and gain friends in empathetic individuals who will help him recover from the Elternteil Deer Pantheon's emotional abuse.
- Pals with Jesus: Justified; she knew Queen Mzazi when she was the mortal Zebra, Zigzag, from the First Age. When Mzazi regained her memories and Ascended, she helped her friends Ascend as well, allowing the once-mortal Creamsicle to uplift mortal Giraffekind into sapience.
- The Paragon: Justified; due to being an empath and the goddess of Kindness, she carries an aura around her that brings out the goodness of people and inspires them to do good things.
- Perception Filter: She can use her wind magic to silence her own movements, which is useful since she's a large goddess.
- Supernatural Floating Hair: Well, fur; because she embodies Wind, her fur is described as having a constant breeze blowing through it.
- Sweet Tooth: Her entry notes that she has a notable sweet tooth, to the point where her mortal followers often gift her with sweets and cakes.
The Void Sovereign
Divine Classification: TBA
Portfolio: Destruction, Entropy
- Always a Bigger Fish: One reason the Church of the Stars exists: at their present level, Equus doesn't stand a chance against him despite the number of powerful heroes and villains dwelling on it. The galaxy spanning civilization of the Second Age just barely managed to defeat and seal him away, and at a grave cost to all involved. The Church's main goal is to make sure Equus returns to the stars and the galaxy is ready when he escapes the Cosmic Void.
- Ancient Evil: The oldest evil in the setting thus far. The Grand Primevals, the oldest entities on Equus, are his grandnieces and nephews.
- Cosmic Entity: He and his siblings are galactic scale personifications of the Creation, Destruction, and Preservation and Void is so powerful that he could destroy the entire galaxy if not stopped.
- Destroyer Deity: His original role was this: he was the one who's job it was to destroy worlds that had either become too corrupt or had deteriorated to the point they couldn't support life any more so his sister Genesis could create new worlds in their place and fill them with life.
- Eldritch Abomination: Known as "The Void Sovereign", and is an impossibly ancient and alien being who has existed even before the Grand Primevals, his grandnephews and grandniece, were born. Unlike his sister, the Genesis Sovereign, he's also an Omnicidal Maniac bent on returning things to the Void - as in, destroying all signs of life and civilizations as we know it. The closest thing he can be described as is a black hole.
- Evil Uncle: With the reveal that the Grand Primevals are the Genesis Sovereign's divine grandchildren, this would make him their biological great uncle. They're also utterly opposed to each other, as he desires all things to return to the Void while the Grand Primevals want to preserve life and protect all sapientkind from their great-uncle.
- Greater-Scope Villain: He's confirmed to be the ultimate villain in Codex Equus that everyone, both divine and mortal, must face if the planet Equus is to be saved from oblivion. Because he's currently sealed in the Cosmic Void, Queen Dazzleglow hopes that everyone can use the time to strengthen themselves magically, physically, and mentally until the day comes where he frees himself to resume what he started.
- Kryptonite Factor: His one weakness is magic born of hope. Diamond Glow ascending into a Goddess of Hope was the only reason he was beaten. Tragically, it's downplayed as it merely rendered him defeatable, yet it still required a Heroic Sacrifice on her part to wound him badly enough for the others to bring him down.
- Not Hyperbole: One of his titles is 'The King of Nothing.' This isn't referring to the metaphor, he is ''literally' the King of the Nothingness.
- Omnicidal Maniac: His goal is to destroy everything and return it to the void.
- Person of Mass Destruction: He's so powerful, he could potentially destroy the entire galaxy if not defeated.
- Power of the Void: Right there in the name. He's capable of generating planet consuming singularities at a bare minimum.
- Red Baron: The God of the Void, Ruler of That Which Is Not, King of Nothing, He Who Seeks To Reduce All Things to the Void.
- Sealed Evil in a Can: He was sealed away in the Cosmic Void, though Dazzleglow has little delusions about him staying there forever.
- The Dreaded: Everyone that knows he exists is terrified of him, and rightfully so given he's so powerful he could destroy entire galaxies by himself.
Vondur, Overlord of the Shadowpact Empire
Divine Classification: TBA
Portfolio: Evil, Freedom, Chaos, Dark Magic
- Ax-Crazy: In a preview drabble, Vondur is shown to punish insubordination by boiling the transgressors alive and used the pot to make potions and stews to buff and feed the rest of his forces.
- Benevolent Boss: Surprisingly, he's a very good boss to his subordinates (so long as they remain loyal. If not...), which partly explains why he is so effective and dangerous an Evil Overlord.
- Evil Overlord: A surprisingly nasty and dangerous one from the Third Age.
- He's Back: Hearing his old Arch-Enemy / rival High Queen Sekra return was enough to spur him back into action.
- How the Mighty Have Fallen: Having survived with his empire into the Fourth Age at a much reduced state... until he heard his old rival Sekra returned. He immediately got to work getting back up so he continue their struggle.
- Laughably Evil: He's known to have a VERY dark sense of humour, but is still incredibly dangerous.
- The Rival: Was apparently one to Sekra the Indomitable, High Queen of Crypta according to Nevermore813, the feelings of which were mutual. No sooner had he heard his old rival Sekra had returned, Vondur immediately went straight to work getting his empire up and running again to its former power and menace, just so he could fight her again on equal grounds.
- From the same source, he also apparently don't get along with the infamous Vicearch Iniquitous of the Malrègnar Empire. Their conflict stems from the contrasting natures of their Evil: the 'Lawful Evil' Iniquitous finds him and his ways too wild for her taste, while the 'Chaotic Evil' Vondur considers her a 'stick-in-the-mud'.
W to Z
Divine Classification: Ethereal
Portfolio: Want, Desperation, Poverty
Rank: Divine (Titan/???)
"Whoa ca' I lloa? I lloa... a' fao oanna'llrocghoc faiy rliy 'rla'hom', oac a' fao oaonoc ra'm llhoa I oarl." note
Want (her entry here) is the Alicorn(?) goddess of Want, Desperation, and Poverty, and is the twin sister of Ignorance.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: She's an Alicorn(?) goddess who embodies Want, Desperation, and Poverty. More literal than most divines, as Morning Star literally made her from Sapientkind's collective want, desperation, and poverty.
- Blue-and-Orange Morality: Want is not genuinely malevolent, more she has an extremely alien mindset and might not even know herself why she does what she does.
- The Heartless: Morning Star created her from his essence combined with Sapientkind's collective want, desperation, and poverty.
Zhōnglì, the Sage of Neutrality
Divine Classification: Ethereal
Portfolio: Neutrality, Truth, Fair Say
"The best way of achieving untainted wisdom is to be above, beneath, and be neither side of it all."
Zhōnglì (his entry here) is the Draconequus god of Neutrality, Truth, and Fair Say, and is an extremely enigmatic yet wise deity.
- Above Good and Evil: Described as such by his profile. Unlike Emperor Blackthorn, who claims to be this trope yet is an extremely amoral individual, Zhōnglì merely sees "good" and "evil" as concepts and ideas, and as such, he is considered to be truly above good and evil in that he takes neither side, merely acting as an unbiased observer.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: Embodies Neutrality, Truth, and Fair Say.
Zkáza, the Destroyer
Divine Classification: Ethereal
Portfolio: Destruction, Decay, Pollution
"I love people - they're delicious! The way the mortals foul their own gardens - they choke themselves in their own wastes, and I grow fat from their wanton destruction and degradation."
Zkáza (his entry here) is the Fallen Draconequus god of Destruction, Decay, and Pollution, and a brother of Pakak, the Draconequus god of Mischief.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: Embodies Destruction, Decay, and Pollution. He was also once seen as "Nature's Wrath", as he was the living consequence of unrestricted destruction of natural environments, such as landslides resulting from extreme deforestation and sinkholes resulting from overmining. However, like Ispita, he became a Fallen god because he eventually grew to love his role too much, and perpetuated destruction and ruin for the sake of them where he once used them as warnings.
- Meaningful Name: His name translates to "destruction", "ruin", and/or "corruption" in Czech.