Second-Age Heroes | Second-Age Villains | Fourth-Age Heroes (Pillars of Equestria, Sisterhood of Magical Fillies [Dazzling Divas]) | Fourth-Age Villains (Tyrannos Pantheon, Children of Ispita, The Shadowed Ones, Tribalists, Autorists, Hydianites) | The Grand Primevals | Amaredae | Equestrian Pantheon | Breezie Pantheon | Diamond Dog Pantheon | Gremlin Pantheon | Bogolenya Deer Pantheon (Belyolen, Temnobog, The Four Terrors) | Abyssinian Pantheon | Church of the Stars (Golden Scepter) | Poenan Pantheon | [Hoyklan Deer Pantheon | Elternteil Deer Pantheon | Minotaur Pantheon | Jotunn Pantheon | Tauren Giant Pantheon | Draconic Pantheon | Shinseina Pantheon | Dharmadeshvar Pantheon | Zebrafrican Pantheon | Old Orosian Pantheon | Pramanthan Pantheon | Great Skunk Pantheon | Sauropodian Pantheon | Novellus Pantheon | Unaffiliated Deities (Blue Suede Heartstrings) | Principalities of Equestria (Canterlot, Ponyville) | Sunnytown | Grittish Isles | Crystal Empire | Luchalibre | Alvslog Deer Realms | Erobreseg Deer Realms | Nordskelt Deer Realms | Abyssinia | The Storm Empire | Terran Empire (Fanged Paw, Crimson Star, Steel Barricade, Written Word) | The Changeling Courts (Spring Court, Summer Court, Autumn Court, Winter Court) | Kulesian-Mazlander Commonwealth | The Cloven Empire | Friendship Gardens | Hyrule | Machina | Neighpon | Imperium of Ponykind | Kerajaan Cahaya | Sauropoda | Hybrid Haven | Meridia | Dragonflights | Giants | Mephitidia | Alicorn Civilization | The Visitors | Creatures and Monsters | Historical and Mythical Characters
The Changeling Spring Court
"Gentle is the warmth of the sun in Spring. Splendid are the ones that came from its Court."
Also known as the "Court of Roses", the Spring Court is one of two 'official' Changeling Courts. and by far the largest among all the Courts. Their Hives and Swarms are ruled by Changeling Queens, of which Chrysalis had been one of them until recently. Ironically, unlike Chrysalis they are among the most benevolent and fairest of Changelingkind. Yet though they are among the best of Changelingkind, they are not without skeletons in her closet...
open/close all folders
- Boomerang Bigot: They were largely responsible for Apertus becoming a Tragic Villain because they detested her for being the hybrid child of a Changeling Queen and a Dragon Lord. This makes every Spring Court royal that did so hypocrites, since every single one of them was sired by Blackrose and a member of a different race, making them hybrids themselves. They also bullied Queen Odonata for being half-Kirin, since she retained enough draconic traits that she reminded her siblings of a dragon, and would have repeated the cycle of hate had Puck, Blackrose, and other kind family members intervened.
- The Clan: All the Changeling Queens are related by blood to their matriarch, Blackrose the Changeling Empress.
- Deconstructed Character Archetype: Of The High Queen. While most Changeling Queens are benevolent, they tend to act superior and patronizing, and they don't hide their hatred for Dragonkind, which later played a huge role in the creation of Apertus. However, it's reconstructed in Queens who don't share this racism, and rightfully objected against family members who participated in the aforementioned incident.
- Fantastic Racism: Deconstructed. Like the Kings of the Summer Court, the Queens of the Spring Court loathe Dragonkind for the atrocities they have inflicted upon Changelingkind. When they forcibly separated Queen Acherontia from her dragon husband, and sealed away both of them as punishment for daring to fall in love with each other, it led to the rise of Apertus, who was traumatized by her parents' disappearances (among other things). Likewise, they also hated Apertus for being a dragon-changeling hybrid, despite being racial hybrids themselves. Of course, this bit them in the ass later when even the gods and goddesses themselves called them out on their racism, with Luminiferous stating how petty they were in trying to fulfill their revenge instead of trying to break the Curse that's plaguing their people. There are exceptions to this belief, including Queen Odonata who utterly despises racism due to being a target of it and Queen Zoraptera Avalon also went out of her way to make cures for the dragon strains of the Crucible Virus for no other reason than it was the right thing to do for example. Also, when Queen Odonata was born, many of her sisters shunned and bullied her out of disgust for resembling a dragon, to the point where one of them physically tried to harm her. Fortunately, Puck, Blackrose, and other kind family members intervened so Odonata wouldn't become another Apertus.
- God-Emperor: Gender-inverted. The matriarch of the Spring Court and its Queens is the Changeling Empress, who is also the Co-Progenitor of Changelingkind.
- God Save Us from the Queen!: Mostly benevolent and fair, but as mentioned also produces their share of 'bad apples' like Chrysalis (and she isn't the only one). Even some of their more reasonable members can be a bit arrogant, racist, stubborn, and patronizing.
- Good Is Not Soft: Not by a long shot. They are generally fair and benevolent, but if anything threatens them, their subjects and their Court, they can and will mess them up.
- Gentleman and a Scholar: Gender-inverted due to the Spring Court being completely matriarchal. While Changeling culture in general have a predisposition towards high culture, the Changeling Empress, her daughters and her granddaughters are famous among Changelingkind for being patrons of high arts, and are very cultured themselves.
- The High Queen: All of the rulers of the Spring Court are very benevolent people, give or take a few bad apples. However, it's deconstructed that their benevolence doesn't extend to certain races, as most of the Royal Changelings are very racist towards Dragonkind to the point of separating and sealing one of their own for falling in love with a Dragon Lord. Racism aside, even the more benevolent Queens aren't above acting superior and patronizing towards their subjects, especially if they decide to leave their Court for reasons. It's reconstructed with Blackrose - while she wasn't perfect, her brief stint in tyranny before and during the First-Spawn Rebellion ended when a dying daughter's Armor-Piercing Response caused her to realize what she had become. She also tried toning down her racism in the presence of dragons and reincarnating Apertus back into a Changeling egg so her parents would be able to raise her this time.
- Holier Than Thou: Benevolent as they are, most Changeling Queens and even the Empress herself aren't safe from this attitude. While they're willing to be lenient with dissenters, they still believe that being Changeling royals automatically makes them entitled for the right to rule, and only they know what's best for their subjects. Anyone who decides to leave their Court is "ungrateful" because they're rejecting their rulers' love and protection, and they undermine their legitimacy simply by existing.
- Land of Faerie: Avalon, the Radiant Valley is the capital of the Spring Court and the Changeling Empress' own residence and kingdom. Considered the greatest hive among the Changeling Courts and is an oasis of Changeling culture and prosperity. Avalon palace and many buildings are architectural masterpieces covered in plant life from the Changeling Empress' many gardens, and is extremely huge, considering the Changeling Empress' throne room by itself is big enough to have a door and space for Queen Supia.
- Laser-Guided Karma: Their allowing Blackrose to punish Queen Acherontia for falling in love with a dragon by separating and sealing her away, eventually caused her hybrid daughter, Apertus, to go on a rampage to reclaim what was rightfully 'hers'. Even a few of Blackrose's children were appalled the horrific treatment of their sister, with Prince Puck calling out his mother on her actions, and Queen Pentatomidae avoiding her family for 500 years.
- Matriarchy: Being the counterpart of the Summer Court, the Spring Court in general is ruled by Blackrose, the Changeling Empress. All hives within the court are ruled by her daughters, who are Queens. However, Prince Puck enjoys a high position as his mother's closest advisor/chancellor, holding duties and secrets that Blackrose wouldn't normally share with her daughters.
- An Offer You Can't Refuse: How the Spring Court normally deals with Autumn hives. Whenever they find one, the Queens attempt to lure the Autumn hive back into mainstream society with diplomatic promises of political and social leniency, and remedying any problems that caused the dissenting Changelings to leave their original Court. This is while they secretly beseige the Autumn hive by blocking outside help and preventing anyone from leaving or attacking, so the Changelings will have no choice but to surrender.
- Red Baron: Collectively known as the 'Radiant Court' and the 'Fairest of the Fae'.
- Semi-Divine: All the Changeling Queens are demigods, being related to the Changeling Empress.
- Women Are Wiser: Played with; the stability of the Spring Court is a testament to the Royal Changeling Queens' benevolent rule, though there are a few "bad apples" like Chrysalis. However, their eons-long grudge and racism against dragons prevented them from making wise decisions, particularly in their treatment of Queen Acherontia. It led to the devastation of most of the Spring Court when her hybrid daughter, Apertus, went on a rampage, as well as Queen Pentatomidae shunning her relatives for 500 years. Puck, one of Blackrose's sons from her First Spawn, has a bigger moral compass compared to his sisters and mother, and was not pleased that they harshly punished Queen Acherontia simply for falling in love with a Dragon Lord.
Blackrose, the Changeling Empress
"A mother loves her children. She doesn't have to love what they do."
The matriarch of the Spring Court and the Mother of All Changelings, Empress Blackrose is one of the most beloved and benevolent figures among Changelingkind. Is the mother of Chrysalis and her siblings, whom she loved very much - but as Chrysalis demonstrated, even her love and patience has limits and she will neither hesitate nor tolerate if any of her daughters goes too far down a dark path. Has a past and relationship with Discord and her counterpart in the Summer Court that is best described as... complex.
- "Awesome McCool" Name: Her full name is Blackrose Titannia Avalon. Her true name, on the other hand, is a long-lost secret that only she and her male counterpart know.
- Calling the Old Man Out: She was on the receiving end on this by Queen Pentatomidae, who was completely disgusted with how she and her other daughters treated Queen Acherontia for falling in love with a dragon, to the point where she shunned her family for 500 years. It stuck, as Blackrose, wanting to atone for her actions, proceeded to release Apertus's parents from their sealing and reincarnate Apertus into a newborn egg after she was put down.
- Canon Character All Along: Is heavily implied to be the Hearts And Hooves Day Princess, and is speculated to be her even in-universe, but it remains unconfirmed.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Though genuinely friendly and noble, beneath her facade she is a mother who had endured an existence of loss and regrets which still haunts her ages after their occurrence - The single most important of which concerns her origins as the Mother of All Changelings and the dawn of her mortal children. Like many secrets of the Changelings, this dark and troubled past remain known only to herself and her those closest to her.
- The Dreaded: Being their patriarch's equal, the Summer Court Changeling Kings and their subjects have an almost primal, instinctive fear of Empress Blackrose. Given their implied backstory, Discord is also uneasy about her.
- Evil Matriarch: Believe it or not, she was not always the nicest parent. The events that led to her becoming Mother of All Changelings initially left her filled with bitterness and rage, which twisted her into a cruel and vindictive tyrant and matriarch to both her family and subjects, to the point that for a long time there was no difference between the two official Courts. It took a Civil War in the form of her First-Spawn daughters revolting against her - resulting in most of them dying and her Court in ruins - that finally made her realize what she let herself become and cause her to change back to the loving mother and benevolent empress she is today.
- God-Emperor: Gender-inverted; As the immortal Empress of the Spring Court, and also the Co-Progenitor of Changelingkind, she is one. That being said, she has a very hands-off approach, letting her daughters rule their own hives as they saw fit and only intervening if they need help or goes bad.
- Good Parents: One of the most jarring thing about her when compared to her wayward daughter, Chrysalis, is just how incredibly nice, gentle and loving she is to her subjects and her family. Even more jarring once we found out that it wasn't always the case...
- The High Queen: Empress, but still counts. She's beautiful, compassionate and good, and is a goddess among Changelings to boot.
- It's Personal:
- Has a massive grudge against Discord that she held since the dawn of their existence, though has put it on the back-burner for now after Discord reformed and even helped break the Curse that afflicted their people.
- To a lesser extent, she also holds a grudge towards her male counterpart in the Summer Court, Emperor Blackthorn for reasons unknown, even though he still loves her. Unsurprising, if she is who we think she really is...
- She also has a huge grudge against Dragonkind ever since they instigated the 'Burning of Amorea'. This gets deconstructed as, while already internally conflicted, her antipathy for Dragonkind caused her to make the objectively cruel decision against one of her daughters, Queen Acherontia, for falling in love with Dragon Lord Vulcan by separating them and sealing them away, while she did not do much to find out what happened to their child Apterus, unwittingly leaving her hybrid grandaughter to be abused by a Changeling King in gods-knows-where. All this later bit her in the ass when her actions alienated a few children who were rightfully horrified and angry with their mother, and Apertus came back years later to enact a Roaring Rampage of Revenge and get what's rightfully 'hers'. It got so bad that Blackrose had to release Acherontia and Vulcan to deal with her. After Apertus was killed, Blackrose tried to make amends - first by reincarnating Apertus into an egg so she could be raised properly, and recorded it in literature and plays so no one would repeat her heinous actions again. It is mentioned after Toxikon and the Crucible Crisis that she is noticed correcting herself in her use of racial slurs against Dragonkind.
- Mood-Swinger: It's noted in her entries that when she let her personality show beneath her facade, it can vary incredibly depending on situation: she can be warm, approachable, friendly and even energetic on her best days to her friends, family and subjects (according to her daughters, she's a hugger). But she is also deeply affected by past tragedies and mistakes, whereupon she becomes melancholic, depressed, solemn and remorseful. She is also known to hold onto ''aeons''-long grudges which could fill her with immense bitterness and rage against those who had wronged her.
- My God, What Have I Done?: Experienced one when she realized her bitterness and hatred over The Fall turned her into such a cruel and vindictive matriarch she drove her own Scions against her and nearly destroyed her Court, her family and her mortal subjects/children in a bloody Civil War. It took an Armor-Piercing Response from her last (known) remaining rebellious daughter for it to trigger, but afterwards she would make amends and eventually return to being the loving and benevolent person she once was.
- One-Winged Angel: Her current form is her original form, but ages-worth of bio- and magical-modification in preparation for her revenge against Discord meant it's but a disguise to her true form - something immensely powerful and horrible...
- Rose-Haired Sweetie: Blackrose's mane and tail are a light shade of pink, and she's a benevolent and motherly Changeling Empress. She wasn't always like that, however - before the First-Spawn Rebellion, she became as tyrannical, bitter, and ruthless as Emperor Blackthorn over the Fall and everything afterwards, and during the Rebellion dealt with her rebellious daughters without an inch of remorse. When she finally got to ask one of her dying daughters why they rebelled, her daughter replied "Because we love you." This caused Blackrose to finally realize what she had become, so she vowed never to repeat it again.
- Time Abyss: Existed since the dawn of Changelingkind and co-created them. She's magnitudes older (and more powerful) than even her own daughters, who are ageless demigods with lifespans measured up to millennia.
- What Have I Become?: Immensely regretted letting her bitterness and rage over the Fall that created her and her people to twist her into a cruel tyrant and terrible mother initially, which eventually drove her earliest Scions to rise up against her and caused a devastating civil war, one that nearly destroyed her family and the Spring Court as a whole.
- The Woman Wearing the Queenly Mask: Suffered a lot of tragedies in her life, some of them caused by her own mistakes. Still, like the rest of Changelingkind, she kept going and try her hardest to be the best mother and ruler she could be.
"You're all welcome in Mother's house, but break the rules and you're gonna have a bad time."
Puck is Blackrose's First-Spawn son, making him one of the oldest Royal Changelings in Avalon, as well as extremely powerful among all Changelingkind. While he often appears to be an unassuming Common Changeling, he plays an important role in his mother's kingdom, handling things that even most of Blackrose's beloved daughters wouldn't be trusted with.
- Baleful Polymorph: He once cursed a Changeling infiltrator working for Chrysalis to have a donkey's head for the rest of the day. Whether he actually hexed them or caused their transformation abilities to short out is not known, since Puck is very tight-lipped about it.
- Beware the Silly Ones: Is a good-natured, happy-go-lucky prankster, but there's very good reason few in any Court trifle with him. On top of being a demigod, he's also one of the most experienced Changelings on Equus.
- Calling the Old Man Out: Much like his sister, Queen Pentatomidae, he also called out his mother for cruelly punishing Queen Acherontia out of racial hatred towards her dragon husband.
- Cool Big Bro: Owing to his status as one of Blackrose's eldest children, he's this to many of his later Changeling Queen sisters, many of whom looked up to him. That being said, he still enjoys teasing/embarrassing them every now and then like any older brother, and won't hesitate to pull a mean prank on them if he saw them making a transgression, like bullying one of their younger sisters.
- Most observable with Changeling Queen Odonata, giving her encouragement and emotional support when her younger self was suffering from racism for her heritage and directed her to use her gifts towards constructive purposes.
- The Conscience: Loves his mother very much and is truly loyal, and thus served as this for his mother as he would not hesitate to speak up against her if he thinks she's about to make a big mistake. For example, he most certainly did not approve how his mother or his sisters handled Apterus, and told them as much that this would screw them over much later down the line - which it did.
- The Good Chancellor: Effectively served as this to his mother, Empress Blackrose, dealing with various matters among the Spring Court as her Equerry, Representative, Caretaker of her palace and other duties. He also arranged the meeting between Princess Twilight Sparkle with his mother in one Codexverse story.
- A Kind of One: Only known son of the Changeling Empress, the rest being her daughters and granddaughters the Changeling Queens. If there are/were more, they are yet to be seen. Regardless, Puck is her First-Spawn son.
- Prince of Pranksters: Literally so - he's royalty by blood due to being a son of the Changeling Empress, and loves playing good-natured pranks to friends and family (and less good-natured ones to intruders and enemies).
- Semi-Divine: His unassuming Common Changeling form often makes people forget he is, in fact, a Changeling demigod who's the son of Blackrose and had all that comes with it.
- The Prankster: As mentioned, he's this, and a darn good one. No one has yet to figure out how he pulled off some of his most spectacular pranks, like turning an infiltrator's head into a donkey's for a day, or swapping the weapons of the Changeling Queens and Kings for candy during their conferences.
- Really Royalty Reveal: He's really the most beloved son of Empress Blackrose and her most trustworthy helper in the Spring Court. But because his appearance is that of an unassuming Changeling drone and not a Royal Changeling as befitting his station, many Changelings overlook him.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: From what had been implied, he could not bring himself to participate on either side of the First-Spawn Rebellion and ducked out the entire event rather than fight against his mother or his rebelling sisters, returning to his mother's side only after it was over.
- Tiny Guy, Huge Girl: Implied. The fact that he looks like a normal Changeling drone means that his Empress mother, as well as his many sisters, tower over him due to being Royal Changelings.
- Time Abyss: Is Blackrose' First-Spawn son. He's been around for a very long time.
- Undying Loyalty: In a realistic sense. While he's deeply devoted toss his mother, the Changeling Empress, this does not mean that he's blindly obedient - rather, he serves as The Conscience for Blackrose, advising Blackrose on her decisions and calling her out when he thinks she's made a grave error.
Hive CicadaA Changeling hive known for its members' preference for crazy partying.
- Beware the Silly Ones: All members, especially their Queen, are known for being party-people. But that doesn't mean they're entirely weak for it.
- Long Game: Its members are known to play this, owing to Queen Cicada being among the most patient Queens of the Spring Court, willing to bid her time and wait as long as it takes to strike back at her enemies.
Queen Cicada Avalon
"You try spending seventeen years resting. You'll want to stretch your legs when you get out too."
One of the Changeling Queens of the Spring Court, Cicada Avalon and her Hive is unusual in that they spent 17 years sleeping, feeding on ambient love, followed by 1 year of awakened activity during which they would party like there's no tomorrow. While this led to a reputation of them being 'lazy', Queen Cicada and her Hive are not to be underestimated.
- Awakening the Sleeping Giant: Due to being a Royal Changeling Queen who's known for being a party girl and a long sleeper, incurring her wrath is considered to be a great death wish.
- Beware the Silly Ones: Sleeps a lot and parties when she doesn't, but if someone threatens her Hive, she will rise to its defense. She had been compared to a sleepy bear in this regard.
- Life of the Party: Cicada is this among the Changeling Queens, though that only happens every 17 years.
- Long Game: Queen Cicada is infamous for being among the most patient Queens of the Spring Court, willing to bid her time and wait as long as it takes to strike back at her enemies. Her people have notably picked up on this trait.
- Make Me Wanna Shout: Has a sonic weapon in the form of a sonic scream. Her hive also specializes in sonic weapons. Used to devastating effect during the final battle of the Crucible Crisis against one of Toxikon's dragon lieutenants
Hive PentatomidaeA Changeling hive that's ruled by Queen Pentatomidae Avalon. They have a very infamous reputation of being literal stinkbugs, which was due to royal decree that no one should never have to take baths.
- Nature Spirit: All members pretend to be benevolent guardian spirits or deities of the swamp they are located in who protects and guides people travelling/living within from harm. It's noted to be not entirely untrue, however given Queen Pentatomidae's Semi-Divine heritage.
- The Navigator: All members has perfect memory and recall of their swampland's entire layout and almost never gets lost in there.
- The Pig Pen: The entire hive only bathes if absolutely necessary, and thus are this. As a result they smell so bad that they can knock an unprepared pony out.
Queen Pentatomidae Avalon
"I'm a queen, I don't have to take a bath if I don't want to."
Born from a union between Blackrose with a Zebra witch-doctor, Queen Pentatomidae Avalon detested bath-times when she was a child and declared that when she became Queen, she wouldn't make her subjects take baths. She kept her Word, and because of this she and her Hive has become the literal 'stinkbugs' of the Spring Court, with a stench that could knock out the unprepared. Yet Queen Pentatomidae and her subjects are still kind and benevolent, acting as 'guardian spirits' of the swamp they made their home that guides and protects those travelling through or living there, as well as helping people with their knowledge of potion-making and alchemy (Feeding on their love and gratitude in the process).
- Affectionate Nickname: Blackrose tends to call her her "little stinkbug".
- Calling the Old Man Out: Queen Pentatomidae called out her mother and her siblings for their treatment of Acherontia and Vulcan, and it's noted it was 500 years before she and Blackrose would even speak following it. When the pair's hybrid daughter returned for revenge, she made it no secret her family had no one to blame for it but themselves.
- Fantastic Racism: Notably subverted in that Pentatomidae is one of the very few Changeling Royals to not have this against the dragons. Part of this is due to her close relationship with her sister Acherontia, who never judged her preferences when it came to bathing and ultimately ended up marrying a dragon; as well as being part Zebra herself.
- The Gadfly: She enjoys seeing people's reactions to her stink, rather than being insulted by them.
- Half-Human Hybrid: Part Royal Changeling, part Zebra.
- Hates Baths: As mentioned above, Pentatomidae loathed baths. One of her royal decrees after becoming queen of her Hive is that she wouldn't make her subjects bathe. This caused her Hive to become very stinky.
- I Gave My Word: She wasn't kidding when she decreed that her subjects would never have to take baths.
- Nature Spirit: All members pretend to be benevolent guardian spirits or deities of the swamp they are located in who protects and guides people travelling/living within from harm. It's noted to be not entirely untrue, however given Pentatomidae's Semi-Divine heritage.
- The Navigator: Hive Pentatomidae has perfect memory and recall of their swampland's entire layout and almost never gets lost in there. Pentatomidae herself is no exception.
- The Pig Pen: The entire hive only bathes if absolutely necessary, and thus are this. As a result they smell so bad that they can knock an unprepared pony out. Even Moufette, Top God of the Skunk pantheon, couldn't stand to be around her, which is saying something.
- Odd Friendship: Queen Pentatomidae has one with Munditia, the Goddess of Hygiene. The latter tolerates her since she does take care to follow other methods of hygiene (brushing teeth, making sure their food is clean, etc.), but still wishes she and her hive would take baths so she wouldn't put clothespins on her nose so often.
- O.O.C. Is Serious Business: She's generally a nice and fun individual, but openly called out her siblings and mother for their actions against Acherontia and Vulcan, and wouldn't speak to them for 500 years.
- Please Spare Him, My Liege!: Pentatomidae begged her family to spare Acherontia's family, but sadly, they didn't listen. They would come to regret this, as Acherontia's hybrid daughter Apertus would return many years later on a Roaring Rampage of Revenge to dish out karma for what the Spring Court had done to her parents.
- Screw the Rules, I Make Them!: In order to avoid taking baths, she made a royal decree that she wouldn't make her own hive take baths. Given Changelingkind's emphasis on I Gave My Word, she was successful, resulting in a very stinky Hive.
- Silent Treatment: After calling out her family for their treatment of Acherontia's family as well as Vulcan, she pointedly continued to express her displeasure by avoiding her relatives for 500 years.
- Stink Bomb: In addition to helping and healing people with their potions and alchemy, Pentatomidae likes making stink-bombs to fight enemies or simply to prank her siblings.
Hive HōnettoA Neighponese Changeling hive that's based in Yattsumoshima (better known as Neighpon).
Queen Supia Avalon
"It's quite hard to find royal quarters when one IS the size of a castle."
Queen Supia is one of the more unusual Queens of the Spring Court in that she looked like a cross between a Changeling Queen and a giant hornet, and size of a skyscraper. Her father, a Neighponese shogun with an unhealthy obsession of Neighpon's kaiju, made a deal with a Daiyokai to imbue a kaiju's size and power to his newborn child - unaware that his consort was Empress Blackrose during one of her sojourns from the Spring Court. Needless to say, when Supia was born, she grew up to become a kaiju herself, and has heroically defended her Hive and Neighpon ever since.
- Archnemesis Dad: Her shogun father, Uma Akuno, was responsible for her 'condition' and then became increasingly tyrannical down the line. One of her first heroic acts was helping with his overthrow...by eating him.
- Eating the Enemy: Fond of this, being a Giant and a Kaiju, up to and including her own father, though he was apparently becoming a deranged tyrant at the time of his death.
- Fantastic Racism: Averted. Unlike the other royal giants, Supia is very humble and respectful of those vastly smaller than her, and isn't fond of using the racial slur "Tinies". It only indicates a superiority complex that's common among her peers.
- Friend to All Children: During a diplomatic meeting in Ponyville between the League of Royal Giants and the Equestrian royalty, Supia has taken to giving several foals piggy-back rides (which isn't an issue, since she's so large), and letting them slide down her carapace.
- Genius Bruiser: As expected of a Royal Changeling, she is a capable tactician/strategist on top of her strength and size. Has her Hive's armed forces prepare the battleground ahead of her fight with an approaching resurrected piece of Orochi and used a combination of cunning and skill to fight the Fifth Demon King. She and her Hive's forces managed to last a full day against it, giving Hive's civilians time to evacuate and delaying the Fifth Demon King long enough for her fellow Kaiju allies to arrive.
- Gentle Giant: A literal Changeling giant thanks to being a hybrid daughter of a divine Changeling Empress. Fortunately, she's very nice... until someone manages to provoke her wrath.
- Giant Foot of Stomping: She's tall as a skyscraper, thus allowing her to smash her enemies with her hooves alone.
- Good Is Not Soft: She's benevolent, but won't hesitate to pummel evil kaijus and stomp/eat any threat to Neighpon and her subjects.
- Kaiju: Counted among the heroic Kaijus that protects Neighpon, protecting the land from many evil and dangerous Kaiju as well as non-Kaiju threats. This is because she's a daughter of Empress Blackrose, which granted her many physical Kaiju-like properties Her daughters are also this.
- Lady of War: As befitting someone who hails from the My Little Pony equivalent of Japan, Supia is graceful, polite, and kind to everyone she meets, and addresses people with Neighponiese honorifics (such as "Ojo-Twilight"). She can be also quite menacing to those who threaten her home country and those who practice evil in general.
- Large and in Charge: Exaggerated. Even among Royal Changelings, who tend to be larger than Common Changelings, Supia is gigantic by her people's standards, being as tall as a skyscraper.
- Like Father, Unlike Son: Unlike her father, a shogun who became increasingly deranged and tyrannical as he got older, Supia became a benevolent ruler and protector of Neighpon, serving as one of the guardian Kaijus due to her size and unique heritage.
- Nice Guy: Gender-inverted Described as a kind, fair and enthusiastic individual, and a noble kaiju who protected Neighpon over the centuries. A scene-insert mentioned her giving piggy-back rides to children during a diplomatic visit to Ponyville. That being said, she's far from soft.
- Noodle Incident: Apparently, she once tripped and flattened a whole castle by accident. She's somewhat embarrassed about this.
- Our Giants Are Bigger: Is size of a skyscraper and has personality and instincts that came with it. A member of the League of Royal Giants, a club/association of Giant royalties and leaders. A scene-insert depicts them giving a diplomatic-visit to Ponyville.
- Patricide: Consumed her own father, though he had it coming.
- Really 700 Years Old: She's around 2,000 years old, being around since Fourth Age Neighpon's equivalent of the Heian Period.
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: As noted, she is counted among the guardians of Neighpon and periodically pummels evil kaijus and monsters. Confronted the Fifth Demon King head-on during the 'Orochi Crisis' when it was about to threaten her Hive, even though she knows she's outclassed by it. The same goes with her daughters, who helped her out during said battle, despite her explicit orders not to participate. She also defeated and sealed fellow (but far, far more malevolent) Kaiju Changeling Royal King Diversus away in ancient times, then assisted Gamarea, Battryu, and Mothryu into defeating him when he returned and performed a Fusion Dance with the Sixth Demon King to become Demon King Dynastinae.
- Worthy Opponent: Grudgingly respects the Diamond Dogs of the Dollogae Kingdom, who once managed to stonewall her attempts at conquest with a fleet of Turtle Ships commanded by an Admiral Yip. They even managed to land a salvo of cannon-fire upon her buggy backside.
Hive ChironA Changeling hive that specializes in mind magic. It is lead by Queen Ganglia, one of the smartest and most powerful Changeling Queens of her generation.
Queen Ganglia Avalon
"There are little greater good than knowledge, and little greater evil than ignorance."
Hive MarabuntaA Changeling hive that is rather unusual for its kind. The hive has a biological peculiarity of birthing the highest number of twin Changelings. Equally unusual is its dual rulership - the hive is ruled by Queens Mara and Bunta, who are identical twin sisters. The Changelings born in that hive feed through familial symbiosis, forming unique bonds that is akin to biological siblings.
- Angsty Surviving Twin: Subverted. Marabunta Changelings feed through symbiotic relationships that is akin to one shared between twins, even if they aren't biologically related. When one dies, the surviving "twin" replaces them with another, often with their twin Queens' consent.
- Fusion Dance: All Changelings in Hive Marabunta can merge together to become a new being with enhanced physical capabilities and power, a la Steven Universe. While they can merge with each other, they can also merge with either one or both Queens if the situation requires it. Merged Changelings with extremely close bonds run the risk of becoming "permafusions".
Queen Mara and Bunta Avalon
"...one and the same..."
"...one and the same..."
Changeling Queens Mara and Bunta are unusual among the Royal Changelings in that they were born identical twin sisters. While they're different from each other, personality-wise, their status as twins and their telepathic bond ensures that they're closer to each other than they are with their other family members.
- Expy: Of Ruby and Sapphire, in that they share a close bond and can fuse into a powerful, unified entity, and that individually, Mara and Bunta are polar-opposite individuals. However, Mara and Bunta's relationship is platonic while Ruby and Sapphire's is romantic.
- Fusion Dance: A unique ability both Mara and Bunta have - they can merge together to form Queen Marabunta, whose personality is a rounded combination of both twins, is physically taller and stronger, and has more magic/love reserves. They can also fuse with their Changeling subjects if the situation demands it.
- Hot-Blooded: Mara is described as one in her joint profile. It's even reflected in her having red-colored magic.
- Identical Twin ID Tag: Due to being identical twins, Mara and Bunta look exactly the same, except for the colors of their magic - Mara's is red, while Bunta's is blue.
- Polar Opposite Twins: Mara is the hotblooded and energetic sister, while Bunta is stoic and composed.
- The Stoic: Bunta is described as stoic and composed in her joint profile.
- Twin Telepathy: Mara and Bunta are capable of psychically communicating with each other due to being born twins.
Other Spring Court members
Queen Acanthosomastidae Avalon
"Mighty are the pen and the sword."
Daughter of Empress Blackrose with a legendary warrior-poet, Queen Acanthosomatidae Avalon is also called 'The Cavalier Queen', known for both her artistic talent and martial skills. As Queen, she dedicates herself to high culture and its defense and propagation, her hive both a military stronghold and a museum/theatre/gallery, with her and her knights cultured warriors who preoccupy herself with art when not at war. Whether openly or in disguise as honourable knights or cultured warrior-aristocrats, Acanthosomatidae and her hive can be guaranteed to stand in defense of innocents and civilization from barbarism and savagery, feeding on the love of those grateful of their knights in shining armour.
- Amazonian Beauty: Much like her sister, Queen Theraphosa, she's described as tall, beautiful, and strongly-built.
- Fantastic Racism: Justified; she's known in her family for being rather intolerant of non-Changeling races, which stems from her deep bitterness over the Ponies casting out her father for associating with Changelings. However, it's subverted in that her father and mother's benevolent teachings left her taking a neutral stance, as despite her beliefs, she participated in many situations that had her working together with non-Changelings, such as helping Commander Bridgehead liberate territories that were taken by the Storm Empire.
- Half-Human Hybrid: Half Changeling, half pony.
- Heroic Lineage: Her mother is a Changeling goddess and the Empress of the Spring Court. Her mortal father is a legendary Warrior Poet.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Acanthosomatidae is an honorable warrior with a keen eye for art and philosophy just like her father. However, she tends to be rather arrogant and disdainful of those who don't live up to her high standards in terms of character and achievements. She also expects those of high breeding (like herself) to act in a way that befits their station, which leaves her befuddled whenever Luminiferous acts so casual and friendly despite being the ancient Alicorn god of Perfection and Potential.
- Warrior Poet: Her father, Minnesänger, was a legendary knight and novelist who authored many books during the Medieval era. As his daughter, Acanthosomatidae would grow up to be just like him, having been taught in the way of the pen and sword. Her subjects also consist of martial artisans, and as a result, her hive became a library of literature, plays, and art.
Queen Ithomiini Avalon
Ithomiini is a rather unusual Changeling Queen in that she isn't interested in survival, or hiding herself from the outside world like most of her family. Having been raised by her father, who was a film industry buff, Ithomiini rose to become a famous movie director with her own studio/hive, Movie Bug Studios. Her guise in the outside world is "Movie Bug".
- Benevolent Boss: While she can be somewhat egotistical and a bit of a perfectionist, she genuinely cares for her subjects, who also double as her stage crew and actors.
- Like Father, Like Son: Ithomiini's father was a film industry buff, and instilled that love in his daughter. Years later, she would become a famous and respected movie director.
Queen Odonata Avalon
"As our elder brother said, if there's a fire in your heart, put it to a good use."
- Fantastic Racism: Despite Kirins being a "gray area" due to being dragon-pony combinations, Odonata was shunned, bullied, and mistreated by many of Blackthorn's sons, and even some of her more racist sisters.
- Half-Human Hybrid: Half Changeling, half Kirin. Due to Kirin retaining some draconic traits, Odonata was bullied by some of her racist sisters until Puck, Blackrose, and her more benevolent siblings stepped in to protect her.
Queen Theraposa Avalon
"We must fight for those who cannot fight for themselves."
Queen Zoraptera Avalon / Dr./Saint Angel Wing
''"I'll be watching over you."
Princess Metophis Avalon
"Momma, can I sleep in your mane?"
Queen Buprestidae Avalon
"Where one sees beauty, we see resplendence."