Second-Age Heroes | Second-Age Villains | Fourth-Age Heroes (Pillars of Equestria) | Fourth-Age Villains (Tyrannos Pantheon, Children of Ispita, The Shadowed Ones, Tribalists, Autorists, Hydianites) | The Grand Primevals | Amaredae | Equestrian Pantheon | Breezie Pantheon | Diamond Dog Pantheon | Gremlin Pantheon | Bogolenya Deer Pantheon (Belyolen, Temnobog, The Four Terrors) | Abyssinian Pantheon | Church of the Stars (Golden Scepter) | Poenan Pantheon | Hoyklan Deer Pantheon | Elternteil Deer Pantheon | Minotaur Pantheon | Jotunn Pantheon | Tauren Giant Pantheon | Draconic Pantheon | Shinseina Pantheon | Dharmadeshvar Pantheon | Zebrafrican Pantheon | Old Orosian Pantheon | Pramanthan Pantheon | Great Skunk Pantheon | Sauropodian Pantheon | Novellus Pantheon | Unaffiliated Deities (Blue Suede Heartstrings) | Principalities of Equestria (Canterlot, Ponyville) | Sunnytown | Grittish Isles | Crystal Empire | Luchalibre | Alvslog Deer Realms | Erobreseg Deer Realms | Nordskelt Deer Realms | Abyssinia | The Storm Empire | Terran Empire (Fanged Paw, Crimson Star, Steel Barricade, Written Word) | The Changeling Courts (Spring Court, Summer Court, Autumn Court, Winter Court) | Kulesian-Mazlander Commonwealth | The Cloven Empire | Friendship Gardens | Hyrule | Machina | Neighpon | Imperium of Ponykind | Kerajaan Cahaya | Sauropoda | Hybrid Haven | Meridia | Dragonflights | Giants | Mephitidia | Alicorn Civilization | The Visitors | Creatures and Monsters | Historical and Mythical Characters
open/close all folders
- Awakening the Sleeping Giant: In-universe, sauropods are the Trope Namer. They don't want trouble and are peaceful and kind, but they're more than prepared to curbstomp anyone who dare attacks them first. The fact they're dragon sized sauropods with earth pony-like magic makes it more effective. Doubly so as unlike the dragons, they keep progressing technologically, magically, and militarily.
- Curbstomp Battle: Normally the end result of someone starting a fight with the country.
- Fantasy Counterpart Culture: While not one to one, takes a good bit from Switzerland, including their Martial Pacifist qualities.
- Large and in Charge: Sauropodians are very large, and their rulers are no exception. On the divine side, the Top God of their pantheon, Queen Tiara, is the largest of them all.
- Martial Pacifist: They practice Armed Neutrality, and thus while remaining peaceful and neutral in all conflict, they keep a well armed and powerful standing military for self defense and every Sauropod of age is military trained.
- Team Switzerland: They remain neutral in every conflict and have never been the aggressor. That said, anyone who dares to attack them will find out they're far from helpless.
- Theme Naming: The rulers of Sauropoda introduced in Codex Equus have names relating to their large size, such as "Immensa", "Gigas", and "Titanus".
- Truce Zone: Are open and welcoming, but don't dare bring your wars and conflicts to their country, or they reserve the right to give you the boot.