Second-Age Heroes | Second-Age Villains | Fourth-Age Heroes (Pillars of Equestria, Sisterhood of Magical Fillies [Dazzling Divas]) | Fourth-Age Villains (Tyrannos Pantheon, Children of Ispita, The Shadowed Ones, Tribalists, Autorists, Hydianites) | The Grand Primevals | Amaredae | Equestrian Pantheon | Breezie Pantheon | Diamond Dog Pantheon | Gremlin Pantheon | Bogolenya Deer Pantheon (Belyolen, Temnobog, The Four Terrors) | Abyssinian Pantheon | Church of the Stars (Golden Scepter) | Poenan Pantheon | Trimortidae | Hoyklan Deer Pantheon | Elternteil Deer Pantheon | Minotaur Pantheon | Jotunn Pantheon | Tauren Giant Pantheon | Draconic Pantheon | Shinseina Pantheon | Dharmadeshvar Pantheon | Zebrafrican Pantheon | Old Orosian Pantheon | Pramanthan Pantheon | Great Skunk Pantheon | Sauropodian Pantheon | Novellus Pantheon | Unaffiliated Deities (Blue Suede Heartstrings) | Principalities of Equestria (Canterlot, Ponyville) | Sunnytown | Grittish Isles | Crystal Empire | Luchalibre | Alvslog Deer Realms | Erobreseg Deer Realms | Nordskelt Deer Realms | Abyssinia | The Storm Empire | Terran Empire (Fanged Paw, Crimson Star, Steel Barricade, Written Word) | The Changeling Courts (Spring Court, Summer Court, Autumn Court, Winter Court) | Kulesian-Mazlander Commonwealth | The Cloven Empire | Friendship Gardens | Hyrule | Machina | Neighpon | Imperium of Ponykind | Kerajaan Cahaya | Sauropoda | Hybrid Haven | Meridia | Dragonflights | Giants | Mephitidia | Mousikós | Alicorn Civilization | The Visitors | Creatures and Monsters | Historical and Mythical Characters
open/close all folders
Yuddhsaa, the Righteous Wrath
King Baarish, Father of All Elephants
Divine Classification: Elemental/Ascendant
Portfolio: Water, Knowledge, Parental Deity (Elephants)
Rank: Divine (Tier IV/Greater)
"An elephant never forgets. And that is good; a fine memory leads the way to knowledge, and happy remembrance waters well the flower that is life."
King Baarish (his entry here) is the Dharmadeshvar Elephant god of Water and Knowledge, and, as his epithet suggests, the "Parental Deity" of mortal Elephantkind, having raised them to sapience during the First Age.
- Animal Gender-Bender: His royal title and position as "King" of Elephantkind. In real life, female elephants serve as matriarchs of their entire herds while male elephants are solidarity.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: Embodies Water, Knowledge, and Elephants.
- Birds of a Feather: Platonic examples; his great knowledge and memory, as well as his love for books, allowed him to befriend Princess Twilight Sparkle, who has similar hobbies and personality traits. It's also mentioned Prince Crimson Star, the eighth son of Emperor Golden Scepter and a blind demi-Alicorn god, shares his divine domain of Knowledge, which is why he respects and befriended Baarish.
- Elemental Hair: Fitting his divine domain of Water, his mane and tail is made of orange, perpetually looping water.
- Gentle Giant: He's described as such in his entry. He often helps others smaller than him by using his trunk to retrieve out-of-reach things for them.
- Honorable Elephant: He's a very benevolent, kind, and wise king of mortal Elephantkind, being responsible for uplifting his people into sapience. He's also a Gentle Giant who uses his large size and great trunk to help others, whether to retrieve out-of-reach things or protect them from enemies.
- Intergenerational Friendship: He would befriend Princess Twilight Sparkle and Prince Crimson Star, who are both younger divines.
- Interspecies Friendship: He's a divine Elephant, whereas his friends, Princess Twilight Sparkle and Prince Crimson Star, are Alicorns.
- Making a Splash: As the Elephant god of Water, he's an extremely powerful and skilled water mage.
- Meaningful Name: His name means "rain" in Persian, which fits accordingly to his divine domain of Water and skill over water magic.
- Meaningful Rename: He was once known as "Edgar" in the First Age. After Ascending to godhood thanks to Mzazi, he would change his name to "Baarish".
- The Nose Knows: His sense of smell is described as being very acute, so naturally, incredibly strong and/or foul odors can hinder him. The fact that he was knocked out accidentally by Moufette's stenches means that he doesn't visit the Great Skunk pantheon as much as he would like, despite his love of Mephitidia's perfumes.
- Pals with Jesus: Justified; he knew Queen Mzazi when she was the mortal Zebra, Zigzag, from the First Age. When Mzazi regained her memories and Ascended, she helped her friends Ascend as well, allowing the once-mortal Edgar to uplift mortal Elephantkind into sapience.
- Uplifted Animal: His entry notes that after he Ascended to godhood, he would uplift all Elephantkind to sapience, shaping his race to how it is today.