Second-Age Heroes | Second-Age Villains | Fourth-Age Heroes (Pillars of Equestria, Sisterhood of Magical Fillies [Dazzling Divas]) | Fourth-Age Villains (Tyrannos Pantheon, Children of Ispita, The Shadowed Ones, Tribalists, Autorists, Hydianites) | The Grand Primevals | Amaredae | Equestrian Pantheon | Breezie Pantheon | Diamond Dog Pantheon | Gremlin Pantheon | Bogolenya Deer Pantheon (Belyolen, Temnobog, The Four Terrors) | Abyssinian Pantheon | Church of the Stars (Golden Scepter) | Poenan Pantheon | Hoyklan Deer Pantheon | Elternteil Deer Pantheon | Minotaur Pantheon | Jotunn Pantheon | Tauren Giant Pantheon | Draconic Pantheon | Shinseina Pantheon | Dharmadeshvar Pantheon | Zebrafrican Pantheon | Old Orosian Pantheon | Pramanthan Pantheon | Great Skunk Pantheon | Sauropodian Pantheon | Novellus Pantheon | Unaffiliated Deities (Blue Suede Heartstrings) | Principalities of Equestria (Canterlot, Ponyville) | Sunnytown | Grittish Isles | Crystal Empire | Luchalibre | Alvslog Deer Realms | Erobreseg Deer Realms | Nordskelt Deer Realms | Abyssinia | The Storm Empire | Terran Empire (Fanged Paw, Crimson Star, Steel Barricade, Written Word) | The Changeling Courts (Spring Court, Summer Court, Autumn Court, Winter Court) | Kulesian-Mazlander Commonwealth | The Cloven Empire | Friendship Gardens | Hyrule | Machina | Neighpon | Imperium of Ponykind | Kerajaan Cahaya | Sauropoda | Hybrid Haven | Meridia | Dragonflights | Giants | Mephitidia | Mousikós | Alicorn Civilization | The Visitors | Creatures and Monsters | Historical and Mythical Characters
open/close all folders
- Annoying Younger Sibling: Implied; Canteros' entry notes that part of his stoicism stems from looking after his many divine and demi-divine half-brothers and sisters, and having to put up with their mischief and spats.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: All members of the Amaredae embody a specific aspect of Love, such as Requited Love and Self-Love.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Many divine and demi-divine members of the Amaredae inherited both their father's benevolence, kindness and generosity to those who needed love, largely due to their upbringing. However, they also inherited his unforgiving and terrifying wrath towards those who scorn and/or abuse Love and those who regard it highly.
- Big Brother Instinct: As shown with Amina, many of them don't like it when one of their own is threatened in some way. When Amina was attacked and nearly killed by a heartbroken mortal for supposedly causing them so many failures and heartache, many of her older/younger brothers and sisters rushed to her defense. The mortal was only spared and given a second chance because Amina begged Amareros to give them one, and even then, Amareros punished the mortal with a terrible curse in retaliation for attacking one of his children.
- Divine Parentage: As indicated by their group name, all members of the Amaredae, including the Semi-Divine ones, were sired by their father, Amareros. This includes Princess Cadence, a member of the Equestrian Pantheon and the ruler of the Crystal Empire.
- Heroic Bastard: All members of the Amaredae had been sired by Amareros through various female mortals and divines, making his children paternal half-siblings. All of them became benevolent and heroic individuals thanks to Amareros raising them right.
- Heroic Lineage: As noted by Canteros' entry, all members of the Amaredae embody some kind of aspect of Amareros, due to Amareros embodying Love in general. For example, Canteros embodies Requited Love, while Amour-De-Soi embodies Self-Love.
- Love Goddess: Played straight and gender-inverted. All members of the Amaredae are Love deities and demi-deities, courtesy of Amareros. Through various affairs with both mortals and divines, he sired quite a huge number of not only daughters, but sons as well, with all of them embodying some kind of aspect of their father. Among them are Canteros, the oldest of the Amaredae and the god of Requited Love, Amour-De-Soi, the goddess of Self-Love, and Princess Mi Amore Cadenza, who is known as Princess Cadence.
- Massive Numbered Siblings: Justified. Their father, Amareros, had been going around sleeping with countless mortals and divines for eons so he could stay connected to divine/mortal sapientkind. This resulted in scores of divine and demi-divine children; those who have official entries are just scratching the surface in regards to just how many there are.
- Strong and Skilled: Justified. Owing to their father, who is a Grand Primeval, many members of the Amaredae are notably capable and powerful as deities for their age and domain thanks to his upbringing.
- Upbringing Makes the Hero: Their collective benevolence and heroism comes from Amareros, who was a loving father to all of his children and taught them how to use their domains to benefit sapientkind as a whole.
Canteros, Love's Firstborn
Divine Classification: Ethereal/Ascendant(?)
Portfolio: Love, Requited Love, Reconciliation, Transformation
"Everyone deserves to love and be loved in return - from the greatest of gods and noblest of heroes, to those who are deemed 'evil' and 'wretched' because of circumstances beyond their control. To give and receive true requited love is to transcend distinctions, judgement... and even time itself."
Canteros (his entry here) is the eldest son and child of Amareros, the Love Primeval, and is the benevolent god of Love, Requited Love, Reconciliation, and Transformation.
As the oldest child of Amareros and the oldest member of the Amaredae, Canteros' origins have been subjected to ambiguity. Some claim that he was born a demi-deity of Love after Amareros decided to travel across Equus, and fell in love with a female mortal from an early sapient Equine species. Others claim that he was "born" when Amareros and his sibling, Symvíosi, created the concept of co-existence based on mutually-shared Love, and the massive abundance of Love - along with the bad consequences - spawned a new infant deity, making Amareros and Symvíosi the "parents" of Canteros. Regardless of the answer, it is known that Canteros' existence predates the creation of the Alicorns themselves. And because of his noble upbringing, he is as benevolent as his father, helping Amareros spread the joys and wonders of Love among sapientkind while punishing those who abuse it.
While Canteros heavily resembles his father, he is the opposite of Amareros in that he is stoic and calm, which can make him appear unnerving due to how ancient and eldritch he is. However, deep down, he is very warm and loving, and is at heart a romantic dreamer who desires for everyone to have their own "happy endings", especially where Love is concerned.[WIP]
- Adaptational Badass: In Greek mythology, he's depicted as a minor Love god who's a son of Aphrodite and Ares, being created to be a brother/playmate for Eros on the reasoning that Love cannot thrive if it is not reciprocated. Here, he's the eldest son and child of Amareros, the Grand Primeval god of Love and thus the most ancient Love deity in existence.
- Adaptation Relationship Overhaul: In Greek mythology, Anteros is depicted as the brother/playmate of Eros. Here, he's depicted as the firstborn son and child of Amareros, who is based on the ancient depiction of Eros as a primordial god of Love.
- Affectionate Nickname: He's always called "Big Brother" by his younger siblings, due to him being loving and supportive towards them all despite their great numbers.
- All-Loving Hero: Despite his stoic and calm demeanor, he is really a dreamer and romantic at heart, and like his younger sister, Amour-De-Soi, believes that even "evil" and "wretched" deserve Love and to be Loved in return. Justified, as he is the god of Requited Love and Reconciliation, which plays a huge part in his character.
- All Your Powers Combined: His entry notes that because he often appears as a butterfly-themed Alicorn, he is assumed to have the combined magics of all three Pony tribes. However, it's likely that he's more powerful than that due to his age and status as Amareros' firstborn son and child.
- Aloof Big Brother: Subverted. He's the oldest and most powerful of the Amaredae, yet though he is often stoic and calm, he's incredibly warm, benevolent, and loving deep down, and has served as a mentor figure for all of his younger brothers and sisters until they could act on their own. Because of this, his siblings love and respect him greatly. That being said, his entry notes that part of his stoicism comes from putting up with his younger siblings' mischief and spats.
- Animal Motifs: His entry notes that he's popularly associated with butterflies, and for good reason. He often appears as a butterfly-themed Alicorn, and his domain of Transformation allows him to turn into butterflies and back. He also has powerful psychic abilities that allow him to hear and see things through them, and help people in need even when he's not available. And because of what he embodies, he brings change on a spiritual and emotional level - he helps people "transform" by helping them acknowledge their own flaws, allowing them to "reconcile" with those they have broken up with and/or have wronged. He also helps people realize their hidden feelings for someone, allowing them to return their Love to those who pine for them. All these factors echo how butterflies are seen as symbols of transition, rebirth, and transformation.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: Embodies Love, Requited Love, Reconciliation, and Transformation.
- Archer Archetype: Subverted. Thanks to being raised by Amareros, he is skilled in archery and has been known to shoot a combination of Love and Light-based arrows... but he's also a very competent fighter in physical combat, wielding a tall, white ornamental staff that can punch holes in armor and shatter bones if he strikes hard enough. And despite having a stoic and calm demeanor, deep down he's incredibly warm, benevolent, and loving.
- Armor-Piercing Attack: He wields a tall, white ornamental staff that can punch holes in armor if he strikes hard enough.
- Badass Cape: He wears a dark royal blue hooded cloak with iridescent rainbow patterns. He's also the oldest son and child of Amareros, and thus is an ancient and powerful god just like his father.
- Berserk Button: Double-subverted. Much like his father, he hates it when people scorn and/or abuse Love as well as those who regard Love highly. In Canteros' eyes, he sees it as no better than robbing someone of a well-deserved happy ending. One notable recipient of his rage was the old Orosian Pantheon, whose members paid back their worshipers' devotion with lustful desires and extreme intolerance of perceived disobedience/disrespect, and constantly behaved little more than spoiled, arrogant, and petty children who refused to learn from their mistakes. They ended up either punished by the Grand Primevals or falling at the hooves of their own oft-abused worshipers/subjects and other divines. The thing with Canteros, however, is that he doesn't look like he's angry due to his stoicism... but his stoicism largely lends to why he's so terrifying in the first place, because it makes him fall under Tranquil Fury like his adoptive aunt, Skotádi.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Like his father and relatives, he's an incredibly warm, benevolent, and loving figure despite his stoicism, and devotes himself to giving mortals their happy ending, whether romantically or platonically. However, it's noted that he can be truly terrifying if angered - perhaps moreso due to his stoicism - and he hates people who scorn/abuse Love and those who regard Love highly. Many stories speak of how he would harshly punish said people by stripping them of their ability to feel love indefinitely, making them fall in love with the very people they scorned and/or other "disgusting" things such as mud and dirt, and cursing them with a presence that magically compels others to turn away in scorn until they Took a Level in Kindness.
- Big Brother Mentor: It's noted that he has served as a mentor figure for all of his younger brothers and sisters, until they could act on their own as Love deities and demi-deities. Amour-De-Soi was implied to be one of them who received such guidance, as he was extremely proud of how his sister handled the Elternteil Deer Pantheon's crisis and influenced Belyolen to rebel against his haughty and puristic parents, High King Irminsul and High Queen Arvan.
- Bi the Way: His entry notes that like his father, Amareros, he hooked up with various male and female partners over the course of history, and sired many children with them. However, he didn't limit himself to anyone, as he slept with partners from all mortal races and even male and female divines. That being said, because of Amareros' positive influence, he loved all of his parents and children, and still remembers them long after most of them have died.
- Big Good: Much like his father, Canteros had a hoof in the lives of several characters within the Codexverse, and served as a positive influence that allowed several individuals and factions to both receive Love from others and reconcile with those who wronged them and had been wronged in turn.
- He participated in the "Twilight of the Orosians" conflict in the form of a minor Orosian Love god so his targets wouldn't scurry away unpunished should they discover him and his parentage. This ensured that the worst of the old Orosian Pantheon would either be punished by the Grand Primevals, or be killed by their oft-abused mortal worshipers/subjects and other divines. Canteros also saved/spared those Orosian deities who were genuinely remorseful and repentant, including an Orosian Death god who tried sacrificing himself out of guilt even towards his brothers' crimes, and helped them reconcile with their worshipers/subjects once the Pramanthan Pantheon was founded.
- He helped Temnobog reconcile with his older twin brother, Belyolen, by "nudging" the former's deeply-buried desire for love from underneath his resentment and anger, making him more receptive to Belyolen's tearful confessions and please to stand down. And to ensure that Temnobog recovers fully from the Elternteil Deer Pantheon's emotional abuse, Canteros directed his younger half-sister, Amour-De-Soi, to him so the Deer god of Evil could learn how to love himself for who/what he is, and arranged for various compassionate individuals to befriend Temnobog so he could have a steady source of emotional support. This resulted in the likes of Upepo, Golden Scepter, and Kaldr meeting and becoming empathetic to Temnobog's plight.
- He helped a redeemed Princess Luna forgive both her older sister, Princess Celestia, and her own subjects for emotionally neglecting her and shunning her beautiful night. This in part allowed Luna to heal from her traumas. In turn, he also helped Celestia and the Equestrians forgive Luna for trying to bring "Eternal Night" to Equestria and sparking a brutal civil war that tore apart the country.
- It's implied (and rumored in-universe) that he was responsible for the Sunnytowners' emotional/mental recovery and redemption for their sins, as a few entries note that after leaving both Grey Hoof and Sunnytown behind, they were able to get the help they needed through benevolent individuals such as Amour-De-Soi, Mentálne, and Blue Suede Heartstrings.
- Blue Is Heroic: His most preferred form to appear in is that of a tall and handsome butterfly-themed Alicorn with a shimmering blue pelt, and a mane and tail made of iridescent blue energy. In terms of attire, he wears a dark royal blue hooded cloak with rainbow patterns on it. He is also Amareros' firstborn son and child, and is a completely benevolent Love deity like his father.
- Divine Parentage: His father is Amareros, who is one of the Grand Primevals and is the oldest Love deity on Equus. However, the identity of his mother is unknown - it's speculated that either Amareros sired him with a mortal mare from an early sapient Equine species, or he was born when Amareros and Symvíosi created the concept of Co-Existence based on mutually-shared love, creating a massive abundance of marriage, dates, and wedding ceremonies but also heartache, broken promises, and unanswered desires. The latter would make Symvíosi the mother/father of Canteros if true, despite them and Amareros being siblings.
- Earn Your Happy Ending: Invoked. Despite his stoic demeanor, he's a dreamer and romantic at heart, and loves nothing more than seeing people "earn their happy endings". And like Amour-De-Soi, he believes that even "evil" and "wretched" individuals, who are often scorned due to circumstances beyond their control, deserve Love as much as (in his words) the greatest gods and noblest of heroes. This largely lends to why he gets so angry whenever Love is abused/scorned - he sees it as no different than robbing someone of their well-deserved happy ending.
- It's believed that he was responsible for Temnobog's reconciliation with Belyolen and him gaining a circle of close friends. Despite his resentment and anger, Temnobog desperately wanted to be respected and loved, which Canteros "nudged" to the forefront so the dark stag would be more receptive to Belyolen's tearful confessions and pleas to stand down. To help Temnobog recover from the haughty and puristic Elternteil Deer Pantheon's emotional abuse, Canteros arranged things so Temnobog would receive Amour-De-Soi's attention, and be befriended by empathetic individuals such as Upepo, Golden Scepter, and Kaldr, giving him the support he needed.
- He helped the redeemed Princess Luna forgive both her older sister, Princess Celestia, and her own subjects for emotionally neglecting her and shunning her beautiful night, and vice-versa for her attempts to bring about eternal night in Equestria. This allowed Luna in part to heal from her psychological trauma.
- He spared/saved those of the old Orosian Pantheon who were genuinely remorseful for what they did against their mortal worshipers and other deities. Among them was an Orosian Death god, the Codexverse expy/ersatz of Hades, who tried to sacrifice himself out of guilt towards even his brothers' crimes. Canteros saved him, and helped him and his surviving relatives/peers reconcile with their subjects/worshipers once the Pramanthan Pantheon was founded.
- In general, because he embodies Requited Love and Reconciliation, he devotes himself to helping people realize their feelings for someone, and reuniting couples who had been separated either by their own failings, or the whims of cruel and fickle deities. He also helps those who have broken up with their partners acknowledge their own flaws and where they went wrong, so they could fix their broken relationships. It's noted that his domains can also apply to friends, as friendships are a platonic form of Love.
- Eldritch Abomination: It's speculated in-universe that his true form is very powerful and eldritch just like his father, Amareros, and the rest of the Grand Primevals. And given how he often appears as a butterfly-themed Alicorn, his true form likely involves butterflies. However, few have lived to see it and leave with their minds and bodies intact, due to the Grand Primevals' terrifying rages and the warping effects their mere presence can have on even lesser divines.
- The Empath: One of the abilities he inherited from Amareros is powerful empathy. Like his father, he can sense the presence of Love and encourage it, radiate an aura of pure Love that can weaken/kill entities that thrive entirely on negative emotions, and "emotion-bomb" people who reject love and/or break commitments to people they claimed to love. When used in conjunction with his telepathic abilities as the god of Reconciliation, he can help people feel more at ease with revealing their own flaws and other truths, allowing them to reconcile with those they had hurt. It's revealed that he caused Temnobog's famous reconciliation with Belyolen to happen by "nudging" the former's deeply-buried desire to be loved from underneath his resentment and anger, making Temnobog more open to receiving his older twin brother's tearful confessions and pleas to stand down. He also "nudged" certain empathetic individuals towards Temnobog, such as Upepo, Golden Scepter, and Kaldr, so the dark stag would receive a circle of friends that will help him recover from the Elternteil Deer Pantheon's emotional abuse.
- Everything's Better with Rainbows: His Alicorn form is described as being iridescent in appearance, and whenever light shines on him, rainbow colors appear. He also has a Holy Halo made of rainbow light shining behind his head, and he wears a dark royal blue hooded cloak that has rainbow patterns on it. He's a benevolent and heroic, if stoic and calm god of Requited Love and Reconciliation who wants to see everyone "earn their happy endings".
- A Form You Are Comfortable With: While he has appeared in various forms in different places over the course of history, his most preferred form is that of a tall, handsome blue Alicorn with huge yet beautiful iridescent butterfly wings, a mane and tail made of iridescent light blue energy, and a "Cutie Mark" depicting a flock of butterflies in the shape of a heart with some flying away. It's noted that whenever light shines on him, his appearance gains rainbow colors.
- Gentle Giant: He's described as often taking the form of a tall and handsome butterfly-themed Alicorn, and whenever he appears with Amareros on the mortal planes, he's always taller than his father. He's also an incredibly warm, benevolent, and loving god despite his stoic and calm demeanor.
- Holy Halo: He has a rainbow halo shining behind his head, as a sign of his incredible age.
- Humanoid Abomination: Like his father, Amareros, it's implied that he's really an Eldritch Abomination who often changes his appearance because his true form might affect the sanity of even lesser divines. His most favorite form to appear in is that of a tall and handsome blue Alicorn with a shimmering pelt, huge yet beautiful iridescent butterfly wings (with the maximum being ten), a rippling mane and tail made of iridescent light blue energy, a Holy Halo made of rainbow-colored light, and a "Cutie Mark" depicting a flock of butterflies in the shape of a heart with some flying away. Despite his eldritch appearance, however, he's a benevolent god devoted to spreading Love and giving mortals their happy endings.
- The Leader: His divine and demi-divine brothers and sisters see him as the leader of the Amaredae. This is because he is the oldest, most experienced, and most powerful of Amareros' brood.
- Love Goddess: Gender-inverted. As the firstborn son and child of Amareros, he is a Love god who embodies the concepts of Requited Love and Reconciliation. He reaches out to people whose desires for love go unanswered, and helps lovers who are separated by cruel and fickle deities reunite with each other. He also serves as a mediator and peacemaker for couples that have broken up, helping them acknowledge their flaws and where they went wrong so they could repair their relationships. However, he has another aspect as the avenger of unrequited Love, and harshly punishes those who ignore the pining of others or break their hearts for their own amusement. His entry notes that his domains can also apply to friends, as friendships are a platonic form of Love.
- The Magnificent: His alternative epithet is "the Butterfly Preeminent", due to being (presumably) one of the oldest gods to be associated with butterflies.
- Massive Numbered Siblings: Justified. His father, Amareros, is a Grand Primeval, so he tries to stay connected to mortal/divine sapientkind by hooking up with various partners and raising his children with them. As the oldest of Amareros' brood, this resulted in Canteros gaining many younger brothers and sisters over the years... though while he may get annoyed by them, he is loving towards all of his siblings and is loved/respected by them in return.
- Mysterious Past: Justified. Due to being Amareros' firstborn son and child, Canteros is almost as ancient as his father, to the point where it's debated whether he should be ranked "Primeval" or "Preeminent". His origins have been subjected to speculation - some believe he was born to Amareros and a mare from an early sapient Equine race, making him a demi-divine being who eventually Ascended to true godhood. Others believe that he was born when Amareros and his sibling, Symvíosi, created the concept of Co-Existence based on mutual Love, which spawned an infant deity when mortal sapientkind experienced a massive abundance of marriage, dates, and wedding ceremonies but also heartache, broken promises, and unanswered desires. Canteros does state, however, that his existence predates even the ancient Alicorns themselves, as he was there when the Alicorns first came into being and when the Alicorn Civilization fell to Morning Star.
- One to Million to One: As part of his Transformation domain, he can change himself into a gigantic swarm of blue butterflies and back to avoid enemy attacks and distract his opponents. This is something that Crystal Prism, a butterfly-related demigod, can also do.
- Platinum Makes Everything Shinier: He's described as being a blue butterfly-winged Alicorn with iridescent colors, giving him a shiny, rainbow-colored appearance whenever light shines down on him. He also wears a divine set of butterfly-themed platinum regalia/armor that's inlaid with colorful gems, making him even more radiant and beautiful.
- Pretty Butterflies: He's a Primeval/Preeminent deity who's popularly associated with butterflies due to often appearing as an ancient yet handsome butterfly-themed Alicorn with huge, iridescent butterfly wings, having the ability to transform into butterflies and back, and having butterfly agents all over the planet whether to gain information through them, or to help people in need.
- Psychic Powers: His Love domains grant him empathy as well as precognition and retrocognition to a degree (through looking at "love ropes" that connect people), while his Reconciliation domain grants him telepathy and stronger precognition.
- Really Gets Around: Justified. Like his father, Amareros, he had multiple relationships with both mortals and divines so he could stay connected to the people he helps. This resulted in scores of children, some of which would inevitably be outlived by their father. Due to his upbringing, Canteros loves every single family he created, and still remembers them long after some of his partners and children had died.
- Reconcile the Bitter Foes: As the god of Reconciliation, this is part of his domain; while it mostly applies to couples who have broken up and/or those who hurt and alienated their loved ones, Canteros has also brought bitter foes together. A notable incident had him help a then-resentful and angry Temnobog reconcile with his older twin brother, Belyolen, by "nudging" his deeply-buried desire to be loved to the forefront so the dark stag would be more open to Belyolen's tearful confessions and pleas to stand down.
- Red Baron: Known as "Love's Firstborn", and for good reason - he's Amareros' firstborn son and child, which makes him the oldest and most powerful of the Amaredae. He also takes after his father in many ways, notably his inclination towards showing a truly terrifying rage whenever he sees people scorn/abuse Love and those who regard Love highly.
- His Love domain inverts and plays it straight; his ability to see "love ropes" gives him some degree of precognition in seeing potential pairings, and also retrocognition in seeing the history of a person's love life. It's hinted through this ability that Prince Stoltur Skjöldur and his friend, Blue Suede Heartstrings, would eventually become a couple in the future due to their closeness and compatibility, despite Stoltur's inner Evil and vain nature.
- His Reconciliation domain gives him stronger precognitive abilities that allow him to see predict future outcomes of a situation based on how they're handled in the present, giving him many options on how to solve it. Fittingly, this also allows him to help people solve their own problems.
- So Proud of You:
- While unconfirmed in-universe, it's rumored that he visited Golden Scepter one night and congratulated him on breaking free from his people's mistakes while atoning for his own sins instead of secluding himself like the surviving Alicorns did after their fall, becoming a loving father and truly benevolent ruler in the end.
- He's incredibly proud of his younger sister, Amour-De-Soi, for how she handled the Elternteil Deer Pantheon's crisis, notably by convincing Belyolen to rebel against his family by encouraging him to do the right thing. According to Canteros, seeing the Elternteil Deer Pantheon's haughty and puristic rulers, High King Irminsul and High Queen Arvan, get verbally humiliated by their own radiant son for their emotional abuse of Temnobog was "very satisfying".
- The Stoic: His entry describes him as being stoic and calm, unlike the whimsical and carefree Amareros, which makes him unnerving due to being almost as old and eldritch as his Primeval father. Part of this stems from looking after his many brothers and sisters, and having to put up with their mischief and spats.
- Strong and Skilled: Justified. He had been raised by Amareros, who despite his incredible power and age is a very benevolent and heroic god. Because of this, Canteros is a powerful and skilled Love deity who's capable of dealing as much damage as his father, to the point where it's still debated whether he qualifies as a Primeval or Preeminent deity.
- Strong Family Resemblance: It's noted that he and his father, Amareros, look heavily similar in that they're both incredibly handsome and beautiful, even by divine standards. This echoes how in Greek mythology, Anteros was described as being similar to Eros in every way, save for their hair length and wings.
- Telepathy: His domain of Reconciliation gives him unique telepathic abilities, which allow him to discover certain truths and flaws that people are often too prideful to admit. However, he uses his empathy in conjunction with his telepathy to help people feel more at ease with revealing them.
- Time Abyss: Justified. Due to being Amareros' firstborn son and child, he's almost as ancient and eldritch as his father and the rest of the Grand Primevals, to the point where his divine ranking is yet to be officially determined by the Cosmic Council. It is known, however, that his existence predates even the most ancient of Alicorns, with those like Golden Scepter coming off as extremely young compared to him.Canteros: I was there when the first Alicorns came into being. I was there when their civilization gasped its last breaths.
- Tranquil Fury: Because of his stoic demeanor, he remains calm even as he gets angry at those who scorn/abuse Love and harshly punishes them for it. This makes him truly terrifying just like his father and relatives.
- Wacky Parent, Serious Child: Subverted. He's stoic and calm whereas his father, Amareros, is whimsical and carefree... but on closer inspection, he turns out to be not so different from Amareros than is initially assumed. Canteros, like Amareros, is a romantic at heart and loves nothing more than to see people enjoy the wonders of Love, a philosophy that he also shares with his younger siblings like Amour-De-Soi. And as the god of Requited Love, he believes that everyone, even those deemed "evil" and "wretched", deserves a happy ending.
- Winged Unicorn: His preferred form is a tall and handsome Alicorn with a shimmering blue pelt, a rippling mane and tail made of iridescent blue energy, a long horn, and large yet beautiful butterfly wings which has numbered up to ten on occasion. It's believed that he has all of the three Pony Tribes' magics because of this, but that's scratching the surface of his true power.
Divine Classification: Ethereal
Portfolio: Love, Self-Love, Self-Esteem
Rank: Divine (Tier IV/Greater)
"We are all better than we think we are."
Amour-De-Soi (her entry here) is a member of the Amaredae, the biological divine and demi-divine children of the Love Primeval, Amareros. Like her many brothers and sisters, she embodies Love - specifically, the concept of Self-Love. While Self-Love generally has a negative connotation, as people mistake it for Narcissism, Amour-De-Soi sees both concepts as being completely different from each other: Self-Love is all about confidence, acceptance, and generally feeling good about yourself, while Narcissism is a perversion that involves excessive interest in one's self to the point where they become arrogant and lose their empathy for others.
Because of what she embodies, Amour-De-Soi harbors great hatred towards those who try to break and/or demean others' self-worth, as such cruelty is anathema to her concept and enrages her terribly. This led to the creation of the Bogolenya Deer pantheon - while watching over the Elternteil Deer pantheon, she grew disgusted and angry with its members' arrogance and emotional abuse of the dark god Temnobog, who was shunned and mistreated just for being born "evil". Temnobog's twin brother, Belyolen, would encounter Amour-De-Soi during a moment of great stress; he was upset that he overheard his parents and siblings consideration of killing Temnobog, yet couldn't bring himself to break his family's hearts by rebelling. Amour-De-Soi encouraged the radiant stag to do the right thing, which led to Belyolen confronting and calling out his family on their abusive hypocrisy, and taking both Temnobog and their many regretful siblings with him.[WIP]
- Anthropomorphic Personification: Embodies Love, Self-Love, and Self-Esteem.
- Armor-Piercing Question: She motivated Belyolen to leave behind his abusively hypocritical family and form the Bogolenya Deer Pantheon by asking him what he would do if he saw someone else in Temnobog's situation, abused and terrorized for merely existing.
- Berserk Button: Much like her father, Amareros, she does not tolerate people who threaten, pervert, or treat the concept of Love with disdain. In her case, as the Alicorn goddess of Self-Love, she sees narcissists as people who pervert her concept, and she hates those who break and/or demean others' sense of self-worth, which makes her wrath towards such individuals as cold, terrible, and unforgiving as Amareros.
- Both her and Belyolen's entries reveal that she was indirectly responsible for the split of the Elternteil Deer pantheon, having been completely disgusted with its members' emotionally abusive treatment of Temnobog; when a younger Belyolen overheard his family consider killing Temnobog altogether and was at a loss over what to do, she encouraged him to do the right thing, which led to Belyolen calling out his family on their arrogant hypocrisy and leaving with both Temnobog and several other siblings to form the Bogolenya Deer pantheon.
- She also helped Amareros lay low the entire Summer Court in retribution for the Changeling Kings' failed attempt to subjugate her father for their own selfish purposes, being extremely angered by their views of Love as little more than a resource and a tool of manipulation. At Amareros' behest, she used her shield-mirror, True Image, on the Changeling Kings; according to her, none of them liked what they saw. The only reason why the Summer Court wasn't completely obliterated was because Emperor Blackthorn, the Summer Court's Progenitor, was forced to bargain with Amareros in exchange for his sons' lives.
- Beware the Nice Ones: She's very empathetic and encouraging, especially towards those who suffer from low self-esteem, and has been known to save suicidal individuals by telling them that they are truly much better than they think they are. She also has essentially served as a therapist for Temnobog, who was the victim of childhood emotional abuse from his family (especially High King Irminsul) for being born "evil", and has been encouraging him to feel better about himself while ignoring how others look down on him. However, like her father, Amareros, she can be terrifying when enraged, and hates those who abuse and/or break people's self-worth. Notably, the Elternteil Deer Pantheon splintered because she encouraged Belyolen to do the right thing after the latter overheard his family discussing whether they should kill Temnobog, and she helped her father lay low the entire Summer Court in retaliation for the failed attempt by some Changeling Kings to subjugate Amareros for their own selfish purposes.
- Birds of a Feather: Platonic example. As having Self-Love/Esteem is deeply tied to the accessibility of one's inner potential, she gets along with Luminiferous extremely well, and they have worked together to bring out the best in people. Her entry also notes that she has befriended other Love-based deities such as Princess Cadence, Queen Wibeti, and Elske Titanna for having similar domains and concepts.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: In one incident, she and Prince Steel Barricade teamed up and protect Mitta from a group of Poenan deities by utterly thrashing them as punishment for ruthlessly trying to judge someone who had already atoned for their sins. It's noted that Amour-De-Soi would show the Poenan deities their monstrous reflections with True Image while Steel Barricade used lightning strikes on them.
- Divine Parentage: Her father is Amareros, the oldest Love god in existence and one of the Grand Primevals, a group of extremely ancient and powerful deities whose collective existence either came about during the beginning of Equus, or before the planet's birth. Her mother is an unnamed Alicorn goddess.
- The Empath: Implied. As the daughter of an extremely ancient and powerful Love god, she is quite empathetic, and is able to see everyone's true selves and understand them, whether they are good or bad. This is what allowed her to connect with Temnobog, as she saw an emotionally broken stag who was abused by his family simply for existing despite his inner evil, and thus spent years trying to help him raise his self-confidence. Irminsul's entry notes that it is empathy that allowed her to sense Belyolen's long-suppressed feelings of sorrow, disgust, and anger towards his family's emotional abuse of Temnobog, and get him to rebel by asking him what he would do if he saw someone else in his brother's situation.
- Fantastic Racism: Implied to be on the receiving end. Many members of the Elternteil Deer Pantheon look down on the Bogolenya Deer Pantheon for being welcoming and tolerant of non-Deer/hybrid divines, which presumably included her. When High King Irminsul spouted racist things about the non-Deer/hybrid Bogolenya deities during his argument with Belyolen and Temnobog, an enraged Golden Scepter confronted him in his true divine form and gave him an epic "The Reason You Suck" Speech in front of everyone. This scared Irminsul so badly that he now avoids the Bogolenya Deer Pantheon on the off-chance that Golden Scepter might be there if he visits.
- Love Goddess: She's an Alicorn goddess who embodies Love, and is one of the Amaredae, a group of Love-based deities who are her brothers and sisters due to their ties to Amareros as his biological children. In her case, while she does have the abilities typical of a Love-based deity, she specifically embodies the concepts of Self-Love and Self-Esteem. Because of this, she has been reaching out to self-loathing and despairing individuals from even the brink of suicide so she can save them, and help teach them how to love themselves. That being said, she treats both narcissists and the concept of Narcissism with great contempt, seeing them as perversions of Self-Love entirely.
- Narcissist: Defied and averted. Despite embodying Self-Love, she is not a narcissist, and treats the concept of narcissism with great contempt because she sees it as a perversion of Self-Love. Rather, Self-Love involves people accepting themselves as who they are, flaws included, and loving themselves as they are.
- Pink Is Feminine: She has a pink mane and tail, and she's the Alicorn goddess of Self-Love/Esteem who helps people become more confident and accept themselves for who they are.
- Rage Against the Reflection: Invoked and weaponized. Using her shield-mirror, True Image, she can show people who look into it their true selves, which can be either a good thing (assuring them that they are much stronger and better than they think) or a bad thing (showing people how monstrous and twisted they've become through wicked actions and feeling miserable about themselves, devastating them).
- In one incident, at the behest of her father, Amareros, Amour-De-Soi used True Image on several Changeling Kings of the Summer Court, who (in her words) weren't very happy with what they saw. Her entry notes that True Image also has the power to pierce through magical illusions and mind-control spells, something that she also possesses as an innate power.
- In another incident, a group of Poenan divines tried attacking Mitta on the reasoning that she didn't receive a "proper" punishment, not caring that she already atoned for her sins. Amour-De-Soi would team up with Prince Steel Barricade in protecting Mitta, with the former devastating them by having True Image show off their monstrous reflections while Steel Barricade used lightning strikes on the Poenan deities.
- Sympathy for the Devil: Similarly to Golden Scepter, she is incredibly empathetic to Temnobog's suffering despite the latter being regarded as the equivalent of Satan among mortal Deerkind, and had played a role in the founding of the Bogolenya Deer pantheon due to being disgusted by the Elternteil Deer pantheon's arrogant hypocrisy and emotional abuse of Temnobog for simply existing. Because she embodies Self-Love and Self-Esteem, she has essentially served as his therapist for years, helping him learn how to accept himself for who and what he is, and ignore what others think of him for being born a God of Evil.
- There Are No Therapists: Averted; because she embodies Self-Love and Self-Esteem, she is technically a divine therapist, though not to the level of Mentálne, who embodies Mental Healing and Psychology and thus is a purely psychiatric goddess by nature. Because of this, she has helped many individuals, both divine and mortal, over the years by bolstering their self-confidence and teaching them how to accept themselves for who they are.
- She was allowed to hang around the Bogolenya Deer pantheon because her presence and concepts proved extremely beneficial for Temnobog, who became a broken stag after suffering a lifetime of emotional abuse at the hooves of the Elternteil Deer pantheon just for being born a God of Evil. Because of this, Amour-De-Soi has been trying to encourage him to feel better about himself regardless of his inner evil, and to ignore how others look down on him.
- She also has been working with Mentálne to help Mitta recover from centuries of psychological abuse at the hooves of Grey Hoof and his followers by bolstering her self-confidence and teaching her to accept both her physical limitations and the good deeds she has done, rather than focus on her past sins and worry about not doing "enough" in her duty. And after a group of Poenan deities tried attacking Mitta to punish her for being connected to Grey Hoof and crimes she had already atoned for, Amour-De-Soi encouraged her to keep doing good things and maintain her moral strength so she can prove her detractors wrong and expose them as the pathetic people they really are.
- Winged Unicorn: Her entry describes her as a yellow Alicorn goddess with a pink mane and tail. It's noted that her wings are quite similar to those possessed by Amareros, and that her unnamed mother is also an Alicorn goddess.
- You Are Better Than You Think You Are: As the Alicorn goddess of Self-Love and Self-Esteem, she is very good with words, and is able to craft rousing speeches to bolster people's self-confidence and overcome their lack of self-worth and/or self-loathing.
- It's implied that she had done this with Belyolen when he was younger. After overhearing his family considering killing Temnobog altogether, he was conflicted over what to do next, wanting to protect his twin brother yet not wanting to break his parents' hearts by rebelling. Amour-De-Soi encouraged him to do the right thing, which led to his infamous confrontation of his parents and breaking away to form the Bogolenya Deer pantheon.
- This is what she has been doing with Temnobog for years after the Bogolenya Deer pantheon was formed. Being emotionally abused as a fawn by both his family, and the Elternteil Deer pantheon as a whole for simply existing left Temnobog psychologically broken, so Amour-De-Soi has been teaching him how to love himself for who he is and ignore other people's opinions about him.
- She has also been doing this with Mitta, the Guardian of the Equestrian Everfree forest. Because Grey Hoof and his followers had been psychologically abusing Mitta for centuries, there's quite a lot of scars left, leaving Mitta self-deprecating and self-doubting at times. Similarly to Temnobog, Amour-De-Soi has been helping Mitta recover by increasing her confidence so she could accept her good deeds rather than focus on the bad. And after a failed attempt by the Poenan pantheon to "punish" Mitta for her connection to Grey Hoof and her role in Ruby Heart's death (which she and Steel Barricade foiled), Amour-De-Soi would encourage Mitta to prove them wrong by continuing to do good and never letting her moral strength diminish.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Pink hair, in her case.
Amina, the Selfless Saint
Divine Classification: Ethereal/Ascendant
Portfolio: Love, Selfless Love, Healing, Protection
Rank: Divine (Tier IV/Greater)
- Anthropomorphic Personification: Embodies Love, Selfless Love, Healing, and Protection.
- Blue Is Heroic: Her feathers and fur are described as being blue with golden-yellow markings. Her wings, on the other hand, are purely golden-yellow. All of them gained shimmering and iridescent properties after she Ascended to true godhood. It's because of her color scheme that she's often believed to be a divine ancestor/relative of Gallus, a young Griffon attending the School of Friendship. She is a kind, selfless, and benevolent Griffon goddess who embodies the concept of Selfless Love, and wants to spread Love to everyone who needs it.
- Divine Parentage: Her father is Amareros, one of the Grand Primevals and the oldest Love god in existence. In a roundabout way, she's often believed to be a divine ancestor/relative of Gallus, a Griffon student (and later alumni) from the School of Friendship and current Bearer of Magic.
- Impractically Fancy Outfit: Implied. Despite being a goddess, she prefers simple, loose-fitting, and comfortable clothes, and often wears thick and warm traveling cloaks to shield herself from cold and rain. Many gods and goddesses - including some of her own siblings - have tried making her wear something that is more regal and appropriate for her divine station... which, unfortunately for her, often turn out to be uncomfortable and itchy for her. She sympathizes with Blue Suede Heartstrings over this, as he, too, had been frequently forced to wear similar things in order to look more the dignified Alicorn god he's supposed to be.Amina: This thing ITCHES!
- Semi-Divine: She was born to Amareros and a kindhearted mortal Griffoness in response to mortal Griffonkind's growing patterns of arrogance, complacency, and xenophobia that eventually created the Autorists. She would eventually Ascend to true godhood after years of learning under her divine father, and spreading the joys and wonder of Love alongside her older/younger brothers and sisters.
- Time Abyss: She's actually old enough for many people to debate on whether she was born in the First Age or Second Age... including the writers/authors of the Codex Equus project. Even she gets on this, and often jokes with Blue Suede Heartstrings about who's the older deity of the two (which is complicated by the fact that Blue has acted as a father figure for her).
- Walking the Earth: Justified. As the Griffon goddess of Selfless Love, she believes that everyone deserves to be loved, regardless if they are "good" or "bad", so she constantly travels the world in order to spread Love to those who need it. That and she really loves traveling and performing music for others. This led to her befriending deities like Vehere and Sultana Sahra', who embody Traveling and Exploration, respectively, as well as fellow globe-trotting musician Blue Suede Heartstrings, who has frequently crossed paths with her and has sometimes traveled with her.
Princess Mi Amore Cadenza/Princess Cadence
- See her folder entry here.