Second-Age Heroes | Second-Age Villains | Fourth-Age Heroes (Pillars of Equestria) | Fourth-Age Villains (Tyrannos Pantheon, Children of Ispita, The Shadowed Ones, Tribalists, Autorists, Hydianites) | The Grand Primevals | Amaredae | Equestrian Pantheon | Breezie Pantheon | Diamond Dog Pantheon | Gremlin Pantheon | Bogolenya Deer Pantheon (Belyolen, Temnobog, The Four Terrors) | Abyssinian Pantheon | Church of the Stars (Golden Scepter) | Poenan Pantheon | Hoyklan Deer Pantheon | Elternteil Deer Pantheon | Minotaur Pantheon | Jotunn Pantheon | Tauren Giant Pantheon | Draconic Pantheon | Shinseina Pantheon | Dharmadeshvar Pantheon | Zebrafrican Pantheon | Old Orosian Pantheon | Pramanthan Pantheon | Great Skunk Pantheon | Sauropodian Pantheon | Novellus Pantheon | Unaffiliated Deities (Blue Suede Heartstrings) | Principalities of Equestria (Canterlot, Ponyville) | Sunnytown | Grittish Isles | Crystal Empire | Luchalibre | Alvslog Deer Realms | Erobreseg Deer Realms | Nordskelt Deer Realms | Abyssinia | The Storm Empire | Terran Empire (Fanged Paw, Crimson Star, Steel Barricade, Written Word) | The Changeling Courts (Spring Court, Summer Court, Autumn Court, Winter Court) | Kulesian-Mazlander Commonwealth | The Cloven Empire | Friendship Gardens | Hyrule | Machina | Neighpon | Imperium of Ponykind | Kerajaan Cahaya | Sauropoda | Hybrid Haven | Meridia | Dragonflights | Giants | Mephitidia | Alicorn Civilization | The Visitors | Creatures and Monsters | Historical and Mythical Characters
open/close all folders
- The Ace: The ancient Alicorns of yore are rightly seen as this even in the present Age. Because they had the power, immortality, and experience, they created a perfectly utopian civilization with impossible architecture and spiritual, magical, technological, and cultural advancements. However, there are some Alicorns who were born "prodigies" even by their people's standards, such as Golden Scepter and Ascending Dawn. Golden Scepter is so intelligent that he created three empires in his lifetime, all of them magically and technologically advanced than even his peers' empires. Ascending Dawn, meanwhile, is an incredibly strong and powerful fighter magically and physically, and was rumored to have fought alongside the ancient god, Equus, himself.
- Bi the Way: According to Golden Scepter, before their fall, there were Alicorns who liked "a bit of everything" and would take on multiple partners of both genders either out of genuine love, or to pleasure themselves. Golden Scepter himself also slept with mares and stallions during this time, though unlike some of his peers, he tried to be a good lover to all of his partners by giving them the love and respect they deserved. However, as their civilization stagnated, most of the Alicorns would stray into Depraved Bisexual territory, becoming so hedonistic and depraved that it became one of the contributing factors to the rise of Morning Star. It's implied that this part of the reason why Golden Scepter chose to marry and stay faithful to his mortal wife, Blessed Skies, in the Fourth Age as he wanted to distance himself from his people's mistakes and flaws, despite continuing to remember his old partners fondly.
- Bystander Syndrome: Deconstructed. Much like the Nature Giants, who isolated themselves because of Grogar's actions forever ruining their view of mortal "Tinies" and their belief that they are superior in looking after nature, the Alicorns isolated themselves because Morning Star's betrayal and the war that followed ruined them so badly that they focused solely rebuilding their society and replenishing their numbers. As such, even if they're aware of the situation out of their Sanctuary Realms thanks to scouts they would send on occasion, they still choose not to interfere in the various crises occurring all over Equus because their goals essentially revolve around regaining their lost glory. Ascending Dawn comes up with legitimate excuses to help out despite his bosses forbidding it, and Celestia and Luna left because they wanted to help mortal Ponykind, but in ways their people disapproved of. Golden Scepter was one of those who stayed behind after the war that destroyed the Alicorn Civilization because as a ruler, he felt obliged to help the innocent and aid in rebuilding, causing him to be viewed by Alicornkind as an eccentric individual.
- Captain Ersatz: As more about Alicornkind is revealed, it is becoming increasingly clear that the Alicorn Civilization is based on the Eldar Empire. In Ages long past, the Alicorns became the greatest of the god Equus's Equine children, and with their power, intelligence, and might, they built an extremely successful divine society that was hailed even in modern times as a utopia. Unlike the Eldar, who saw every other race that isn't them as uncultured, barbaric gnats, the Alicorns were a benevolent species that wished to guide their mortal subjects and lead them to greatness. However, for all their achievements, the Alicorn Civilization still ended up stagnating because its residents almost had nothing else to motivate them into staying Good, to the point where they saw their successes and divinity as an excuse to do whatever they wanted, despite attempts by individuals like Golden Scepter to bring public awareness to the growing corruption. This would lead to the birth of Morning Star, who tried subjecting Equus and the universe beyond to his own twisted ideas of perfection, creating a civil war so bad that the Alicorn Civilization was left in ruins by the time it ended after ten Ages, with the Alicorns themselves being vastly cut down to a handful of survivors, thanks to those who protected and hid them away as many as they could. Unlike the Eldar, who fight to save their dying race and empire from those who want them dead, the Alicorns would retreat into complete seclusion afterwards, leaving behind those who chose to stay behind in the desolated world. As a result, proof of their existence and deeds eventually died out, and in the eyes of the rest of the world, they became nothing but myths and legends, save for the few that now live among them as rulers.
- Deity of Human Origin: Implied, as Alicorns in general are described as "Ascendant" deities, meaning they were once mortal. It's because of their origins that the Alicorns sought to lead their mortal subjects to greatness, but over time, they became afflicted with hubris and decadence that stemmed from their divinity and power. This is what ultimately caused their downfall.
- Free-Love Future: Justified. In a parallel to what happened with the Eldar Empire, the Alicorns built an extremely successful divine civilization with vast cultural and societal improvements, which gave them all the freedom and opportunity to take an open-minded approach to love and sex. Because of this, gay, bisexual, lesbian, heterosexual, and even polyamorous relationships were common among the Alicorns. It's eventually deconstructed; as the Alicorn Civilization began to stagnate, their sexually active lifestyle twisted into something much darker, until things culminated in Morning Star's birth. Golden Scepter, one of the few surviving Alicorn rulers from that civilization, tried to keep himself "honest" by being a good lover for both his male and female partners, but even that didn't stop him from participating in the things his neighbors did, ad he would deeply regret his actions. It's implied that while he does miss his previous lovers, Golden Scepter chose to marry a single mortal mare and stay faithful to her long after her death so that he could separate himself from the mistakes and flaws that ruined the Alicorns.Golden Scepter: As the little ponies say... the Alicorns and their allies fucked everything up. LITERALLY.
- God-Emperor: A literal example. It's implied that the Alicorn Civilization contained a vast network of empires, with Golden Scepter's old empire being among the most successful of them due to his incredible genius and talent. All of said empires were ruled by Alicorns, though specific ruling titles vary; Golden Scepter's title implies that "Emperor/Empress" is an official ruling rank, though "King/Queen" also existed, as shown with Hylia the Wise, a deceased Alicorn Queen.
- Happily Married: Implied in Written Word's entry. According to Golden Scepter, there were some Alicorns who entered faithful, long-term relationships with their partners, much like him and his mortal pegasus wife, Blessed Skies.
- Hidden Elf Village: Following the fall of their civilization in the war against Morning Star, the surviving Alicorns would retreat into complete seclusion from the outside world in order to rebuilt their once-great society and replenish their numbers. The few exceptions to this are those who chose to stay behind in order to help rebuild and/or guide Ponykind to greatness just as their ancestors and peers had done, such as Golden Scepter and the Royal Alicorn Sisters, Celestia and Luna. It's deconstructed in that the Alicorns are so absorbed in regaining their former glory that they are ignorant to the various crises and trials that Equus would suffer from time to time, and even if they are aware, they still choose to keep themselves secluded to prevent more losses to their race, and because they see the affairs of the outside world as not their problem. It's because of the latter that they see those Alicorns who choose to stay behind instead of helping their people, such as Golden Scepter, as eccentric individuals. Ascending Dawn, another surviving Alicorn, uses his job as his people's "scout" as an excuse to help out because he couldn't bear keeping himself aloof like his neighbors while the rest of Equus is suffering.
- How the Mighty Have Fallen: The Alicorns were the greatest of Equus's mortal/divine children, and the extremely successful Alicorn Civilization was proof of their incredible power, genius, and might. Now, thanks to a combination of Morning Star and their own decadent complacence, the Alicorns are nothing more than a handful of survivors who willingly and completely isolated themselves from the outside world, trying to rebuild their once-great society and replenish their numbers. Golden Scepter, one of the few Alicorns who chose to stay behind, has no delusions that both his people and the society they had built were perfect, even though the loss of his old home and the civil war that destroyed it traumatized him greatly for many years, and has even succeeded in separating himself from their toxic, imperial, and high-hoofed methods. He even admits that the "Twilight of the Alicorns" conflict was the best thing that happened to them, and that the Alicorns and their allies "fucked everything up. LITERALLY".
- Large and in Charge: Implied; if Golden Scepter is of any indication, the Alicorns of ancient times were very tall due to divines in the Codexverse getting Stronger with Age, their true size increasing along with growing more pairs of wings. The Alicorns were alo often rulers in their now-fallen Civilization, and founded their empires and kingdoms.
- Living Legend: While the existence of Alicorns have largely been reduced to myths and stories, due to most of them secluding themselves from the world completely, those Alicorns who do choose to live among mortals are rightly seen as powerful and ancient gods in their own right.
- Meaningful Rename: It's noted in both Princess Twilight Sparkle's entry and a comment from Kendell2 that the ancient Alicorns had a tradition of taking on new names (including taking last names from the countries/realms they ruled over) upon Ascending to the ranks of full royalty. An example would be Twilight Sparkle herself, who would be renamed "Amicitia Sparkle Equestria" upon succeeding Celestia and Luna as ruler of Equestria.
- Physical God: All of the Alicorns (even those who survived the war with Morning Star) are extremely ancient and powerful gods, capable of changing reality if they wished to, as they lived before Known History and even before that. Golden Scepter is noted a few times to be one of the best among them, being a peerless genius who founded three empires that were magically and technologically advanced even by his people's standards, an incredibly powerful psychic whose mind is rumored to be unmatched even by the mightiest of Alicorns, and a war hero who fought Morning Star for ten Ages and saved Alicornkind from complete extinction by protecting and hiding those who didn't want to participate in the war.
- Polyamory: Justified. The Alicorns making sure that their civilization was "perfect" in every aspect created a Free-Love Future where everyone had the opportunity and freedom to engage in openly sexual relationships. According to Golden Scepter, while some Alicorns had gay, bi, lesbian, or even heterosexual relationships, others liked "a bit of everything". It eventually got deconstructed when the Alicorn Civilization started stagnating; among the many "dishonest" things they did was taking in multiple partners simply for pleasure, and their hedonism grew so depraved and extreme that it became part of the reason why their civilization fell. Golden Scepter, who himself slept with both mares and stallions, regretted his involvement in his people's mistakes despite his attempts to keep himself "honest" and be a good lover to all his partners, which is why he ended up choosing to settle down with a single mortal pegasus mare and stayed faithful to her long after her death.
- Stronger with Age: Implied; in the Codexverse, Alicorns "age" by growing more powerful and gaining additional features such as extra pairs of wings and wing gradients. Golden Scepter, who was regarded as one of the best among Alicornkind, is described as a six-winged Alicorn god in his true form, with white-to-yellow gradients on his wings and feathers made of holy fire. Presumably, the Alicorns of his time were very ancient, and those who survived the "Twilight of the Alicorns" conflict would live on to become very powerful divines.
- We Have Become Complacent: Despite being the most successful and greatest Equine children of the ancient god, Equus, and having the most widespread civilization to the point where it's still mentioned in stories and legends, even Alicornkind still fell to stagnation and corruption. Having crafted an extremely successful society in every way, the Alicorns had almost nothing else to motivate them, and what seemed like the behavioral norm for Alicorn rulers (acting like regal, stoic, and wise rulers who are also emotionally distant to their subjects) is actually quite toxic, since it only encouraged superior and high-hoofed attitudes. Naturally, this would lead to their fall at the hooves of Morning Star and his traitorous faction, their civilization becoming irreparably ruined as the result of ten Ages of war. Golden Scepter would admit to Temnobog several millennia later that even he was not exempt from the corruption, despite his awareness and his attempts to avert it, and sees the "Twilight of the Alicorns" conflict as the best thing that happened to him and his people.Temnobog: A divine utopia of complete benevolence and fairness, with nothing but success to truly motivate them? No wonder your people fell. They've been sitting on their laurels for so long that they eventually became blind to their own corruption... until one of them snapped, that is.
Golden Scepter: ...I suppose you are right, Dark One. Even I was blind to it, as hard as I tried... Perhaps... perhaps Morning Star's betrayal and the destruction of my home were the best things that ever happened to the Alicorns, and me as well.
- Winged Unicorn: The Alicorn Civilization is, obviously, a divine society of Alicorns. Despite their extreme success, however, they ended up stagnating and falling in the end.
Golden Scepter, the Radiant Emperor of Ponykind
- See his page here.
Queen Hylia, the Wise
- See her folder entry here.
Ascending Dawn, the Sword of Equus
Divine Classification: Ethereal
Portfolio: Redemption, Martial Arts, Plasma
"No being is truly beyond a fall - but no being is also truly beyond redemption."
Ascending Dawn is the Alicorn god of Redemption, Martial Arts, and Plasma, and another surviving antediluvian Alicorn, though one with a very mysterious reputation.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: Embodies Redemption, Martial Arts, and Plasma.
- Fanboy: BrutalityInc reveals that because Golden Scepter is a Living Legend among Alicornkind for being a war hero, as well as an extremely competent, successful, and powerful ruler who made three successful empires in his lifetime, Ascending Dawn has a very favorable opinion of him. BrutalityInc even compares him to a fan in this regard.
- Jerkass Realization: He was once a very egotistical Alicorn divine, much like Morning Star, but at some point in his life, he realized the error of his ways. His attempts to humble himself turned him into a heroic and benevolent person, albeit still somewhat proud and brash.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: His entry describes his personality as being brash, reckless, and proud, but he's undoubtedly a heroic and benevolent character. His entry also goes on to explain that his ego was once equal to Morning Star's, but after realizing the error of his ways, he made attempts to humble himself, thus averting falling the same way as his Fallen peer did. Luminiferous has likened him to Rainbow Dash, the Bearer of Loyalty, who has a similar personality.
- Loophole Abuse: Technically speaking, he's mainly meant to act as the civilization's scout to the outside world and only interfere when absolutely necessary. He tends to be quite lenient with what he considers necessary because he's too heroic to overlook a lot of the suffering happening, and find any justification he can to do so. This includes helping best the Shadowed Ones using the fact they caused trouble for the Alicorn Civilization back in the day as his excuse.
- The Magnificent: Known as "the Sword of Equus", due to his excellent swordsmanship and his role in Morning Star's first defeat and banishment. According to legend, his epithet also came from fighting alongside Equus, the ancient god of modern Equines who the planet was named after.
- Winged Unicorn: He's an Alicorn, one of few survivors of the previous generations of Alicorns that once lived in the fallen Alicorn Civilization. Due to his age he has six wings.
- See his folder entry here.