Border Police Officer
The well-meaning, kind-hearted, friendly Werewolf Border Policeman who somehow, after becoming a Werewolf, managed to escape into the City without getting killed by the Border Police.
Now, he does that job himself, albeit creatively interpreting the law to allow those he runs across to live instead.
- Big Ol' Eyebrows: Just look at him.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: A rare male example, right down to the reluctant fighting.
- I Call It "Vera": His crowbar's name is Louise.
- Invincible Incompetent: It is the general opinion of his colleagues that he only survives his unique brand of blithe ignorance in the dangerous City of Babylon by dint of supernatural regeneration.
- The Heart: Of the three main characters, he is definitely the more exuberantly sociable one and often acts as the self-appointed Moral Compass for Slim. Also:
- The Hero: He is the main character after all.
Border Police Detective Inspector
An undead Vampire with the single-minded determination to rise rise through the ranks to her current position in only two years. In a city where most officals are entangled with criminal gangs, that's no mean feat.M.T. has more compassion than you'd expect from someone whose job description includes breaking smuggling rings and killing refugees.
- Action Girl: When her office is blown up by an interloper she proceeds to throw him into the wall with such force he dents it.
- Always on Duty: Stays behind to continue working quite after night. The Vampire thing probably helps.
- Deadpan Snarker: Often employs this in the face of Seamus's blithe idealism.
- Desk Jockey: Can often be found at her desk, sorting through paperwork. A chunk of which is incurred from the approaches of her subordinates.
- Friendly Neighbour Hood Vampire: Literally.
- Only Sane Employee: Though this may be balanced out with the introduction of her assistant, one of the refugees Seamus managed to spare.
- The Lancer: To Seamus' The Hero status, usually being the more level-headed and informed of the two.
- The Reliable One: The only person to actually get anything done in any official capacity, and can always be counted on for a helping hand. No matter how much she complains while doing it.
- Sir Swears-a-Lot: In Polish, no less. May cross over into Foreign-Language Tirade if she's really annoyed.
Border Police Deputy
Slim introduced himself via insults and disrespect; it's a credit to Seamus' ability to frame an argument that he was deputized. Morally-questionable and surly, it's only his intimate knowledge of the criminal elements of Babylon that keeps him in M.T.'s good graces.
- Aloof Ally: Only still around after taking down the initial Bad Guy because Seamus deputized him, and he enjoys the perks that offers.
- Deadpan Snarker: Often, and without respect for authority.
- Disproportionate Retribution: And how.
- Glad He's on Our Side: Deadeye shot with extensive knowledge of the criminal underbelly throughout the entire City? Possibly privy to other information? Unfraid of murdering redeemable people? Yes. Yes we are.
- Nominal Hero: For personal reasons initially, and later out of boredom.