This is listing of Coman Kencyr in the series Chronicles of the Kencyrath.
For the main character index, go here.
- [A]s one of the Kencyrath's smallest houses, the Coman always made a fuss about whatever they did to inflate their own self-importance.
The Coman are one of the lesser of the nine major Kencyr houses.
They're traditionally allies of the Caineron, with lots of relatives there. The Coman often have issues with their neighbors the Edirr.
- Coattail-Riding Relative: The Coman are a relatively small house, and will probably never be that powerful in their own right. Their cousins the Caineron, however, definitely could be, and if that happened, they would rise too.
- The Runt at the End: The Coman and Edirr are both small houses, with keeps at the end of the Riverland.
- Succession Crisis: The Coman have one in Dark of the Moon—their old lord died without naming an heir. The family thinks the eldest son is an Inadequate Inheritor, so they Offered the Crown to a different guy. The eldest son isn't down with that.
- Thicker Than Water: The Coman have historically been such staunch Caineron allies because of lots on interbreeding between their houses.
Demoth of Coman
Temporary lord Coman
- Inadequate Inheritor: His family thinks so, so they all rally behind his half-brother.
Korey of Coman
Lord Coman of Kraggen
- Offered the Crown: His family offers him the lordship because they think he'd be a better lord than his half-brother Demoth.