Alina Alexandria Mura
Queen of Fire
Reader Type: Seer
- Archer Archetype: She is extremely skilled with the bow.
- Badass Bisexual: While Alina prefers females, she is also capable of being attracted to males too according to the author.
- Badass in Distress: It happens on several occasions during the first book. It is usually justified due to her position as a princess that her life would be targetted.
- An assassin attempts to kill her, but Senri quickly takes care of him.
- She is captured by rouge mind controlled dragons, but Senri manages to kill them.
- A wind reader attempts to suffocate her, but it is unknown if the wind reader would have actually killed her.
- She is captured by Lord Demek during the final battle, but Senri manages to help her. Both Senri and her are able to save themselves when Lord Demek is distracted.
- Big Good: She is supposed to be this since she is the next in line to inherit the throne. She eventually becomes this at the end of the first book.
- Because Destiny Says So: She only feels this way towards the possible visions she has with Senri.
- Body Horror: Mild example. The 'Seer Veins' are generally visible in her chest area when her power is dormant which is why she tries to wear clothing or cream to cover it up. When she has a vision, the Seer Veins become more visible on other parts of her body and her eyes have a visible change. After the vision is finished, her body returns to normal.
- Determinator: She keeps striving to save her country regardless of what road blocks there are.
- Everything Is Better With Princesses: She is a princess throughout the story. She becomes queen at the end of the first book.
- Friendless Background: Due to living in isolation.
- Good People Have Good Sex: She and Senri enjoy themselves very much during a later chapter in the first book.
- The High Queen: She officially becomes this at the end of Warrior.
- Homoerotic Dream: She has either this or a Homoerotic Visions of Senri.
- Inadequate Inheritor: Zig-zagged. While Alina has proven to have intelligence and leadership capability, it is the fact that she has Seer blood coursing through her veins that would make her inadequate. Seers are not allowed to rule, and they are sent off.
- King Incognito: She does this several times in the story. She is able to get away with it since not everyone knows what her physical appearance is.
- Not So Different: To Lord Demek apparently.
- Official Couple: With Senri
- Only Child Syndrome: She was her parents' only child as well as the only child to be born in her family's generation.
- Puppet Queen: Subverted. She refuses to become one.
- The Protagonist: She is the character who drives the plot the most.
- Second Love: She is this for Senri.
- Screw Destiny: When she has visions of the decline of Osota, she does everything in her power to prevent it from happening.
- Sole Survivor: Alina is the only known person left with royal blood. After Lord Demek's death who turned out to be her uncle, she is now the only surviving member of her family, and she did not even know he was her uncle until after his death.
- Spare to the Throne: She has grown up knowing this. Due to her Uncle and Aunt's failure to produce an heir, she is the only choice remaining.
- Star-Crossed Lovers:
- She was this with a maid she became involved with during her period of isolation, but she did not feel too strongly about it according to her since she expected the maid to eventually be taken away from her like other people in her life.
- She fears that she and Senri are destined to become this in the future. While Senri has survived several near death experiences in the first book and they are still together, it is currently unknown if their romance will end in tragedy.
- Take The Third Option: Instead of wasting time with politics or attempting to fight an enemy that her countrymen might not be equipped to handle, she seeks the support of Dragons to help deal with the threat.
- Uptown Girl: She is this to Senri who is a commoner.
- Unskilled, but Strong: Subverted with her physical capabilities, but played straight with her Seer abilities. Justified due to the fact her mother died shortly after she discovered her abilities, and she has done her best to repress her gift or hiding from others when a vision came to her.
- Warrior Princess: She has trained to fight and be proficient at Archery since she was a little girl. She is not a Warrior Queen at the end of Warrior.
Savior of the Queen
Reader Type: Heat
- Action Girl: She has been training to fight for years.
- Badass Gay: Pretty much everyone knows she is into other females, but they also know she can kick ass.
- Character Development: At the start of the first book, she is incredibly reluctant to leave her peaceful, quiet village. Before the end of the book, she is fully willing to embrace her role as a warrior.
- Chronic Hero Syndrome: Senri mentor, Graus, lampshades it is Senri's instinct to be heroic.
- Determinator: Despite everything that has happened, she will continue to fight for what is right. This is made especially clear in two instances. When rouge mind manipulated dragons attempt to kidnap Alina, one of the dragons nearly chokes Senri to death, but she uses her power to kill it, and she continues to fight until she saves Alina. During the climax of the first book, despite all the injuries she suffered, she continues to press on to save Alina.
- Deuteragonist: She is the second most important character after Alina.
- Devoted to You: Senri has stated she would be willing to die for Alina for the sake of the greater good and not just because they are lovers. She is nearly killed several times throughout the first book, but she manages to survive.
- Good People Have Good Sex: She and Alina enjoy themselves very much during a later chapter in the first book.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: She is one of the nicest characters in the story and she has blond hair. Alina even refers to her has 'the blonde' before they get to know each other.
- Made of Iron: Senri is nearly killed at least four times during the first book. Despite the injuries she received, she continued to press on and fight.
- Outnumbered Sibling: She has three younger brothers.
- Resigned to the Call: Senri is extremely reluctant at first to leave her village, but she eventually accepts it after speaking with the village Seer.
- Took a Level in Badass: While she proved herself later on, she takes it up a step further when she gains greater control over her powers when she is escaping from her imprisonment or saving Alina's life.
- Unrequited Love Switcheroo: Senri was originally in love with her childhood friend, Vella. When Senri returns to the village and praised as a hero, Vella is more than a little interested in Senri, but Senri does not appear to feel the same way anymore.
- What the Hell, Hero?: She gives a strong one to Alina after she finds out Alina knowingly sent them to an area that most likely had enemy combatants which captured them. It causes a minor strain in their relationship for a few days, but they eventually make up.
Reader Type: Earth
- Scars Are Forever: He receives some nasty scars on his back.
Reader Type: Water
- Rape as Drama: It is highly implied she was raped while she was captured early in the story.
Reader Type: Earth
- Childhood Friends: With Senri, but he knows her orientation, so he does not bother trying to hit on her.
- Jumped at the Call: He is far more interested in joining the Warriors than Senri.
- Shipper on Deck: Ship Senri with Alina.
- Heart Is an Awesome Power: Her power allows her to understand what kind of people she is talking to which is not powerful but is indeed useful in politics.
- Undying Loyalty: Justified. Despite not knowing Alina for very long, she is loyal to Alina because her ability allows her to understand Alina's good intentions, and she believes Alina could do some good for the country.