Character page for Chrome Shelled Regios.
President Kalian Loss
Head of the student council and the older brother of Felli.
- Big Good: He serves as the leader of the student council.
- Four Eyes, Zero Soul: He wears glasses and he's quite the Manipulative Bastard.
- If You Ever Do Anything to Hurt Her...: He warns Layfon he will kill him if he ever hurts his little sister.
- My Sister Is Off-Limits!: He gets extremely pissed whenever he sees Layfon getting too close to his sister, even trying to kill him at one point.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: Very sound in judgment and is willing to listen to his fellow students.
- Student Council President: As the leader of the Absurdly Powerful Student Council, he's effectively in charge of the entire city, including its defense against the Horde of Alien Locusts.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: He is willing to do anything to protect the city, even sacrifice his own sister to accomplish his goal of spreading Zuellni's influence.
- White Hair, Black Heart: He has white hair like his sister. Although he isn't a villain, he isn't exactly a good person either.
A first year student of the Liberal Arts Department.
- Feminine Women Can Cook: Apparently she's a good cook and wants to be a baker.
- Idiot Hair: She has a cowlick pointing up.
- Rapunzel Hair: Her hair goes past her back and she's the most feminine of her group of friends.
- Rescue Romance: At the inauguration ceremony, Layfon saves Mayshen's life after two martial arts students started a fight that nearly had her crushed from falling rubble. This causes her to develop a big crush on him.
- Shrinking Violet: She's extremely timid, so she talks quietly and her speech is often stuttered and fragmented.
- Single Woman Seeks Good Man: She's the first girl in Zuellni who falls for Layfon because of his heroic and brave nature.
- Through His Stomach: Because she's too shy to approach her crush, she makes sandwiches for him and leaves them at his dorm room's doorknob... But he gives the sandwiches away because he's too dense to figure out they're a gift from a secret admirer.
- Town Girls: The Femme (Shrinking Violet who wants to be a baker) to Naruki's Butch (aspiring female cop with Boyish Short Hair) and Mifi's Neither (hyperactive Intrepid Reporter).
A first-year student of the Liberal Arts Department.
- Genki Girl: She's very active and cheerful.
- Girlish Pigtails: To emphasize her childish, hyperactive personality.
- Idiot Hair: She has a cowlick that points up.
- Intrepid Reporter: She fancies herself a journalist and is willing to get far too close to an ongoing fight just to get a better shot.
- Shipper on Deck: She actively tries to get Mayshen with Layfon.
- Town Girls: The Neither (hyperactive Intrepid Reporter) to Naruki's Butch (aspiring female cop with Boyish Short Hair) and Mayshen's Femme (Shrinking Violet who wants to be a baker).
Captain of the 1st Platoon and the head of military arts.
Captain of the 10th Platoon, which is now implied to be disbanded or inactive.
- Alliterative Name: Dinn Dee
- Bald of Awesome
- The Captain: Captain of the 10th Platoon.
- Declaration of Protection: He vowed to the former captain to protect Zuellni along with Sharnid and Siena after their loss to Gandoweria.
- Fantastic Drug: In order to overthrow Vanze, he used Overload, a type of drug, to get stronger.
- Psycho Serum: As a result of the Overload, he becomes possessed by the Haikizoku. Later after it leaves his body, he is barely able to function due to the side effects of Overload. He is now a cripple and brain damaged, being unable to talk.
Dalsiena Che Matelna
A member of the 10th Platoon.
- Affectionate Nickname: "Siena" by Sharnid and Dinn.
- Curtains Match the Window: Hair and eyes are the same blond shade.
- In-Series Nickname: She's called "Siena" for short by Sharnid and Dinn.
- Instant Fanclub: She has a fanclub in Zuellni.
- Jousting Lance: Her DITE is a jousting lance that can transform into a broadsword.
- Lady of War
- Rapunzel Hair: Hair goes past her back.
- Regal Ringlets: She wears her hair in multiple Victorian ringlets. Doubles as Ojou Ringlets because two of them hang in front of her ears and shoulders. However, it's never stated whether she's rich or high-class.
- Babies Ever After: At the end of the light novels, Gorneo and Shante are revealed to have a daughter named Shasheila.
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: Shante is tiny enough to ride on Gorneo's shoulders.
- Official Couple: Gorneo and Shante are married in the epilogue of the light novels.
- Savvy Guy, Energetic Girl: Gorneo is serious and levelheaded in contrast to Shante who is impulsive, short-tempered, and emotional.
The captain of the 5th Platoon and Zuellni's supposed strongest military artist. He is also the younger brother of Heaven's Blade wielder Savaris.
A member of Zuellni's 5th Platoon.
- Animal Motifs: Shante acts like a cat sometimes. Even her helmet has cat ears.
- Curtains Match the Window: Red hair and eyes.
- Fiery Redhead: Her hair is red, suiting her hot-headed and passionate personality.
- Older Than They Look: She looks like a child, but is in her fifth year of studies, meaning she is twenty years old.
- Poisonous Friend: She was ready to kill Layfon because he crippled Gahard Barehn, Gorneo's respected senior. Shante hoped that if she killed Layfon, Gorneo would smile again. Fortunately, Gorneo stops her.
- Raised by Wolves: After her parents died in a plane crash, she was raised by carnivorous beasts deep in the forests of Erupa.
- Signature Headgear: Her ponytail is held back by a head decoration with spikes that look like cat ears depending of the angle. This makes her cat Animal Motif even more obvious.
- Tomboyish Ponytail: Her hair is pulled back in a bushy ponytail and she's a wild tomboy.
- Tsurime Eyes: Her eyes are slanted upwards like a cat's, fitting her cat motif and wild personality.
- Wild Child: She was the Sole Survivor of a plane crash and grew up with the wild animals in the extremely large forest of Erupa until she was found by a Wild Animal Investigation Unit. Because of her childhood, her movements and fighting style resemble that of an animal's and prefer reacting on instincts.
The head of police in Zuellni.
A first year student of the Military Arts Department. She works for the police department of Zuellni.
- Ambiguously Brown: Naruki has dark skin, but there's nothing to confirm her ethnicity.
- Boyish Short Hair: She has short, spiky hair that makes her look somewhat androgynous. It's also a fitting hairstyle for a girl who wants to be a police officer.
- Fair Cop: She's an aspiring cop and not that bad looking.
- For Great Justice: Naruki has a strong sense of justice and wants to be a police officer.
- Idiot Hair: She has a cowlick pointing up.
- Peek-a-Bangs: Sexy variety. She's an attractive girl with her long bangs covered her left eye.
- Town Girls: The Butch (aspiring female cop with Boyish Short Hair) to Mayshen's Femme (Shrinking Violet who wants to be a baker) and Mifi's Neither (hyperactive Intrepid Reporter).
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Purple hair.
Salindan Mercenary Training Group
Haia Salinban Lyia
The third generation head of the Salinban Mercenary Training Group.
The archer in the Salinban Mercenary Training Group.
A genius psychokinesis user.
- Facial Horror: There's a good reason why Fellmouse has to wear that mask. Fellmouse's face has become horribly disfigured and the skin has turned black like charcoal because of exposure to pollutants.
- Samus Is a Girl: Later in the light novels, it's revealed Fellmouse is in fact a woman and the granddaughter of Delbone.
- Sensor Character: Fellmouse can sense Pollutant Beasts as long as he goes outside without any other equipment.
- The Speechless: Fellmouse's vocal fords have long stopped working and is only able to communicate with psychokinesis or with an electronic voice.
Layfon's childhood friend, who currently resides in Glendan.
- Childhood Friend Romance: She has a crush on Layfon who grew up in the same orphanage as her.
- First Kiss: Layfon and Leerin had their first kiss with each other as Layfon left Grendan.
- Girl Next Door: Her personality and style encapsulate the trope's image of wholesome femininity. It helps she's the protagonist's childhood friend who is almost like family to him while only being one of his potential love interests.
- Idiot Hair: She has a cowlick pointing up.
- Lost Orphaned Royalty: She's the queen's fiancé's daughter, who was raised an orphan.
- Magical Eye: Her right eye is called Vine Eye and is said to be Ailen's eye, someone Saya wants to be reunited with.
- Significant Green-Eyed Redhead: She's the only character with orange hair and light green eyes.
Queen Alsheyra AKA Synola Leiser
The Queen of the Proto-City Spear Shelled Glendan.
- Action Girl
- Alliterative Name: Her full name is Alsheyra Almonise.
- Berserk Button: Don't mention the fact she isn't as young as she looks to her if you value your life.
- Blood Knight: Of the Heaven's Blades, she's one of the most bloodthirsty and eager for combat.
- Death Glare: When she's mad, she glares as if she wants to kill someone.
- Embarrassing Nickname: Lintens calls her "Your Crappiness".
- Hard-Drinking Party Girl: As Synola, she's not too shy about her fondness for alcohol.
- King Incognito: She escapes the boredom of her life as a queen by sneaking out of the castle and disguising herself as a a senior laboratory student named Synola Leiser. Meanwhile, Kanaris acts as her double in the castle.
- Mama Bear: She thinks of Leerin as her own daughter because her father was Alsheyra's fiancé.
- Older Than They Look: She looks around 19 years old, but it's implied she's quite a bit older and uses kei magic to mantain a youthful appearance.
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: Queen Alsheyra enjoys fighting Filth monster very, very much.
- Skinship Grope: When she first met Leerin, it didn't take her long before she was groping her. Albeit in a meadow and not a bath.
- Vain Sorceress: She uses kei magic to make her look young.
Layfon and Leerin's foster father from the orphanage in Glendan.
- Parental Substitute: He was a father figure to the orphans Layfon and Leerin when they were growing up.
A Glendan military artist who dreamed to become a Heaven's Blade wielder.
- Anti-Villain: Wants nothing more than to be a Heaven's Blade wielder, but losing to Layfon caused him to go insane.
- Blackmail: Gahard got evidence of Layfon's participation in illegal underground matches. He blackmailed Layfon with this evidence to get Layfon to have an official match with him and have him purposely lose, so he would gain the Heaven's Blade, along with the title.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: On the receiving end of one. When he attempted to run away from Leerin and her father, he was met with Lintens and Savaris' golden wires. Gahard was tied down by Lintens and ultimately taken down by Savaris as punishment for trying to kill Leerin and her father and revenge for destroying Layfon's reputation.
- The Determinator: Has trained for many years to be a Heaven's Blade wielder.
- Misplaced Retribution: Targeted both Leerin and her father, believing they were responsible for the loss of his "title". Somewhat justified in that he was possessed by a Pollutant Beast in which he was only partially conscious.
- Sore Loser: Has held grudge against Layfon ever since he beat him in a tournament to determine who would be the next Heaven's Blade wielder.
- Spell My Name with an "S": His surname is sometimes spelled "Vallen".
The Electronic Spirit of the deserted Academy City Gandoweria regios.
A red-haired military artist who appears in the anime in episode 3 and 19.
- Pocket Dimension: He's capable of creating this to safely dispatch enemies without the disadvantage of terrain, cramped quarters, or collateral damage.
Legend of Regios
A girl with black, long hair who has been seen in the reflection of Leerin's eyes.
Saya's partner and is a travelling detective with dark hair.
- Guns Akimbo: During episode 3, he can be seen using two guns.
A short, blond woman who is being protected by Saya and her partner, Ailen.
One of the masks who is trying to attack Ramis.