Character page for Chrome Shelled Regios.
The main protagonist of the series. Previously a Heavens-Blade wielder, a title given only to the twelve most capable fighters of the Lance Shelled City of Glendan. Layfon transferred to the Academy City of Zuellni in hopes of leaving his violent past behind, but he ends up being forced into the Military Arts Department against his will.
- Butt-Monkey: He is never safe from the world's abuse.
- Chick Magnet: Almost every girl he meets ends up falling for him.
- Chronic Hero Syndrome: As much as he wants to live a normal life, he can't stop himself from helping people in trouble.
- Clueless Chick Magnet: He stays oblivious as the girls around him develop crushes on him.
- Cursed with Awesome: His high levels of strong kei and fast mastery of combat techniques are so great that he was forced to join the Military Arts Department when all he wanted was a normal life.
- The Exile: He was exiled from Glendan for participating in underground matches.
- Hair Antennae: He has two cowlicks standing upwards atop his head.
- The Hero: The main protagonist of the series who is always there to protect others and save the day.
- Heroes Prefer Swords: His Weapon of Choice is a sword.
- I Just Want to Be Normal: He came to Academy City of Zuellni because he wanted to live a normal school life. It didn't go as he expected.
- Instant Expert: He has the innate ability to break down Kei techniques and use them just by observation. He mastered all the Phyharden skills in a short period of time and learned the secret techniques of the Luskans that even Savaris was proud of, the Thousand Men Rush and Killer Roar (Houkeisatsu)
- The Lancer: His role in the 17th Platoon. He acts as Nina's Number Two and main support in combat.
- Nice Guy: He's a generous, honest and loving person.
- Oblivious to Love: He fails to notice the affections of Nina, Felli, and Mayshen.
- One Head Taller: He's taller than Felli by a full head.
- Resigned to the Call: He had no interest in joining Military Arts, only wishing for a normal life. Unfortunately, the Student Council President wouldn't allow that after seeing Layfon's combat potential. He blackmails Layfon into joining the Military Arts Department with his knowledge of Layfon's past.
- Scholarship Student: He entered the Academy City of Zuellni as a General Education student with a D-rank scholarship. After he's forced to transfer to Military Arts, his scholarship is upgraded to rank A, which automatically waives his tuition fees.
- Stock Light-Novel Hero: A very powerful and talented fighter, once even being one of the strongest Military Artists in his hometown, and several pretty girls keep joining his Unwanted Harem.
- Unwanted Harem: He's the object of affection for Felli, Nina, Mayshen and Leerin.
- Walking the Earth: At the end of the series, he goes to travel around the world with Felli, helping people wherever he goes.
The psychokinesis user of the 17th Platoon and a second year. Like Layfon, she was recruited into Military Arts against her will, which leads her to take an interest in him.
- A-Cup Angst: Downplayed for the most part, but she does show annoyance at Nina's size in episode 15.
- The Chick: She's the smallest and cutest member of the 17th Platoon. She mainly uses her psychokinetic powers to support the team, such as managing searching and communication.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Whenever her "Fon-Fon" gets friendly with other girls, Felli gives him a painful kick.
- The Comically Serious: She keeps the same straight face despite the comical situations she finds herself in.
- Commonality Connection: She feels drawn to Layfon because, like her, the strength of his powers aren't normal, and he was forced into Military Arts against his will as well.
- Cursed with Awesome: She's one of the most talented psychokinesis users. However, she doesn't like how her powers make it difficult to express emotions. She especially hates to be forced to fight.
- Defrosting Ice Queen: She slowly warms up to Layfon as time goes on.
- Don't Call Me "Sir": She becomes mad if Layfon calls her "senpai". She wants him to call her Felli.
- Emotionless Girl: Subverted. As a psychokinesis user, Felli can't express emotions the same way as others. However, she's way too prone to Tsundere outbursts and violence.
- Frozen Face: She literally can't make common facial expressions. Her psychokinesis transmits so much information to her brain that her conscious can't handle all of it and blocks off emotional responses. This is especially troublesome for her when her job at a Maid Cafe requires her to smile at the customers.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Despite her nature as The Stoic, Felli gets angry very easily and is prone to tantrums and violence.
- Heroic Albino: She's one of the main heroines, coming with white hair and pale skin.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: In the end, Felli knows that due to his Chronic Hero Syndrome, Layfon will never stay in one place for very long, and will be Walking the Earth helping people and doing what he feels is right. Despite being saddened that he will leave, she accepts this having fallen for him because of this. However, Layfon ends up asking Felli to go with him and together they depart in secret.
- Little Girls Kick Shins: Felli usually kicks people in the shins when she gets angry.
- Little Miss Snarker: She's small, sharp and very snarky.
- Mystical White Hair: A psychokinesis user with white hair.
- Older Than She Looks: She looks like a preteen girl, but is actually 16 years old.
- Petal Power: Her powers consist of manipulating the petal-like segments of her DITE which she can use for searching, communication, and offense if necessary.
- Psychic Powers: She's a psychokinesis user.
- Rapunzel Hair: It reaches down to her knees.
- Rei Ayanami Expy: A young white-haired, pale-skinned girl with psychic powers who initially comes off as emotionless, but eventually warms up to the main character and even falls in love with him. She's also a rare example that has Shana Clone traits mixed in.
- Reluctant Warrior: She's only in Military Arts because her brother forced her into it. Feli actually dislikes fighting and doesn't want to use her power.
- Shana Clone: Petite, flat-chested teenage girl, has Rapunzel Hair, occasionally wears Grade A Zettai Ryouiki, is a short-tempered Type A Tsundere who frequently belittles and kicks her love interest. She's a rare case mixed with Rei Ayanami Expy.
- Sugar-and-Ice Personality: Her cold, detached and almost emotionless demeanor is actually a side effect of her powers. In reality, Felli is rather emotive and hates to not be able to properly express her feelings. Layfon is the only one to even get a glance of her soft and cute side.
- Tiny Tyrannical Girl: She's tiny, short-tempered, bossy and usually kicks or smacks Layfon when she gets angry or jealous.
- Token Mini-Moe: The short, young-looking girl of 17th Platoon.
- Tsundere: She often alternates from insulting and kicking "Fon-Fon" out of annoyance or jealousy to being sweet and openly caring for him.
- Unhappy Medium: Like most psychokinesis users, Felli receives a great influx of information in her brain, and her mind is unable to handle the strain of responding to every bit of information. This causes Felli's difficulty to express emotions.
- Walking the Earth: At the end of the series, she joins Layfon in his journey around the world.
- When She Smiles: Layfon blushes when he gets a glimpse of her smile. Then Felli ruins the moment by kicking him like usual.
- Zettai Ryouiki: She wears thigh-high stockings or boots on occasion.
The captain of the 17th Platoon who forcibly recruits Layfon into her platoon.
- Action Girl: One of the strongest female fighters in the series.
- Boyish Short Hair: She has short hair, showing she's a tough Action Girl.
- The Captain: She is the literal captain of the 17th Platoon.
- Childhood Friends: With Harley.
- Dual Wielding: Her DITE is a pair of singlesticks.
- Idiot Hair: She has a cowlick standing upwards atop her head.
- The Leader: She leads the 17th Platoon into battle.
- Rebellious Princess: Nina is actually the heiress of the royal family of the city of Sheniebel. But she felt her freedom was restricted by her parents. When her parents wouldn't allow her freedom, she ran off to study at Zuellni which her parents in turn disown her.
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: Although she was born into a royal family, Nina wanted to do more to protect people rather than just being the next heiress. She left Sheniebel and joined the Military Arts department in Zuellni.
- The Runaway: Of the Circus variety. She left Sheniebel to study at Zuellni.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: The life of a Sheniebel princess really didn't appeal to her and she left at the first chance she got to study at Zuellni.
- Tsundere: She's easily annoyed and aggressive, but still a sweet girl.
- Zettai Ryouiki: She wears black thigh-high stockings.
A fourth-year student and oldest of the 17th Platoon. He is an excellent sharpshooter who is usually laid back and enjoys teasing other people.
- The Big Guy: The oldest fighter in 17th Platoon and the one with the most open personality.
- The Casanova: He's a well-known playboy.
- Friendly Sniper: He's an expert sniper with a pretty laid-back personality.
- Guns Akimbo: He later obtains two close quarters pistols from Harley in order to take up multiple roles in their small platoon.
- The Gunslinger: His main DITE is a rifle and later two close quarters pistols.
- Idiot Hair: Has a cowlick that stands prominently atop his head.
- Long-Haired Pretty Boy: He's an attractive young man with long hair he keeps in a ponytail.
- Rapunzel Hair: He has waist-length hair.
DITE-mechanic of the 17th Platoon.
- Childhood Friends: With Nina.
- The Engineer: He specializes in weapon adjustment so weapons best fit their owners.
- Gadgeteer Genius: Almost every weapon in 17th platoon's arsenal is his work.
- Non-Action Guy: He does not participate in combat.
- The Smart Guy: He doesn't do fighting. Instead, he dedicates himself to create the weapons the team needs.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: He has green hair.
President Kalian Loss
Head of the student council and the older brother of Felli.
- Big Good: He serves as the leader of the student council.
- Four Eyes, Zero Soul: He wears glasses and he's quite the Manipulative Bastard.
- If You Ever Do Anything to Hurt Her...: He warns Layfon he will kill him if he ever hurts his little sister.
- My Sister Is Off-Limits!: He gets extremely pissed whenever he sees Layfon getting too close to his sister, even trying to kill him at one point.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: Very sound in judgment and is willing to listen to his fellow students.
- Student Council President: As the leader of the Absurdly Powerful Student Council, he's effectively in charge of the entire city, including its defense against the Horde of Alien Locusts.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: He is willing to do anything to protect the city, even sacrifice his own sister to accomplish his goal of spreading Zuellni's influence.
- White Hair, Black Heart: He has white hair like his sister. Although he isn't a villain, he isn't exactly a good person either.