open/close all folders
- Anti-Hero/Anti-Villian: During his own arc, he is a Nominal Hero. During Malchut's arc, he is a Well-Intentioned Extremist.
- Did Not Get the Girl: He never convinces Misakuya to see past his Kagachi heritage.
- Go Out with a Smile: When A Milia takes away his immortality, he ages to death instantly. During that moment he has a peaceful look on his face.
- Fantastic Racism: Double whammy on the receiving end. He is one of the Kagachi-jin, people of the Snake God Kagachi, who have been oppressed for a long time by the mountain people, the Yamaji-jin. On top of that, he was born in Jakotsu, an extremely poor Kagachi village in which all the inhabitants have the status of "filth."
- Kill 'Em All: Being a continued victim of Fantastic Racism from the Yamaji-jin, despite his attempts to better himself, makes him believe that in order for change to happen for him, something must be destroyed. He thus sets fire to his village, sparing only his best friend Minawa.
- I Did What I Had to Do: Wants to kill Malchut because her presence is killing Kukaru.
- Murder by Mistake: When he attempts to kill Malchut, Kukaru takes the hit for her. Even worse, Gijiri was trying to save Kukaru.
- Named Weapons: He wields the sword Ame no Hoakari.
- Really 700 Years Old: Selling his soul to Kagachi makes him immortal until A Milia ends his life when he gets tired.
- Skunk Stripe: Gets this when he's an adult.
- Spell My Name with an "S": Giziri or Gijiri?
- Stop Being Stereotypical: He criticizes his fellow Kagachi-jin for allowing the Yamaji-jin to treat them as inferiors.
- Who Wants to Live Forever?: After living for about 740 years, he gets tired. Luckily, A Milia takes his immortality away and he ages to death.
Gijiri's childhood friend and a member of Sazaragi.
- Heroic Sacrifice: He sacrifices himself to seal Wenkamui.
A newer member of Sazaragi and a descendant of Misakuya. Gijiri considers him his "brother in heart."
Voiced by: Noriko KiwashimaA beautiful girl who lives in a plantation across the bridge from Gijiri's village. Gijiri falls in love with her.
- Fantastic Racism: Her only reason for rejecting Gijiri is that he is Kagachi.
Ame no Uzume
An ancient oracle who essentially founded the current Yamaji-jin religion.
Hare no Itoyo
The Yamaji oracle who started the practice of segregating the Kagachi-jin.
Voiced by: Kana HanazawaThe oldest of the ten Star Children, living on the island of Turii. She later reawakens as A'milia.
- Emotionless Girl: Until the death of Kukaru, which caused her to feel sorrow for the first time.
- Heroic Suicide: She was willing to die so a new Star Child could be born, and was thus quite shocked when Kukaru saved her.
- Hivemind: With the other Star Children prior to exposure to Ristaccia.
- Kill It with Water: Tries to die by drowning.
- No Biological Sex: Prior to exposure to the Ristaccia, which turned her female.
- Religious and Mythological Theme Naming: She is named after the tenth Sephiroth of the Kabbalah.
- Self-Sacrifice Scheme: She was supposed to kill herself to let a new Star Child be born and keep balance in the world. Unfortunately, Kukaru was there...
- Typhoid Mary: For Kukaru. Merely spending time with her was slowly killing him.