open/close all folders
The Catorce Twins
Voiced by: Kaori NazukaThe fourteen-year-old empress of the Holy Kingdom of Noigllado. She is the older twin sister of Nox and lives in the capital city Novarista. She has half of Lien's genes.
- All-Loving Hero: She does not know how to hate anyone. And even though she eventually finds out that Nox hates her guts, still loves him and wants to "save him from his hatred."
- Cain and Abel: Abel to Nox's Cain while the latter is under Ristaccia's influence.
- Fusion Dance: With Nox after both of them are freed from Ristaccia's influence.
- Half-Human Hybrid: Part Humina, part Rufina.
- Incorruptible Pure Pureness: The defining part of her character.
- Meaningful Name: Matin is French for "morning."
- Named Weapons: She wields Trisagion, the Sword of Hope.
- Puppet Queen: The members of Agiona purposefully keep her ignorant of the poverty and oppression faced by her subjects.
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: Lives a fabulous life, due to being royalty. When she discovers that she has a brother, she immediately begins to pray for him and search for him. She fights in the war against Novaria.
- Separated at Birth: Nox is her brother who was separated from the royal family when little.
- Sibling Yin-Yang: Is called the "Positive Twin" and, despite not knowing her brother very well, loves him.
Matin's younger twin brother who was separated from her at birth. He was adopted by Adhuc. He has the other half of Lien's genes.
- Anti-Hero/Pragmatic Hero: Although characterized by his hatred, it drives him to fight for justice and on behalf of the kingdom's oppressed.
- Bad Powers, Good People: His ability to wield Tyrfing caused Agiona to fear he would grow up to be evil. They were wrong.
- Cain and Abel: Cain to Matin's Abel while he is under Ristaccia's influence.
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: He wears his hair long, in a braid.
- Evil Twin: Averted. While he and Matin are each other's antagonists, he is not her Evil Counterpart - he is a person who fights for justice.
- Fusion Dance: With Matin after both of them are freed from Ristaccia's influence.
- Good Is Not Soft: An active fighter for justice, but he doesn't have a problem with killing people he thinks are corrupt.
- Half-Human Hybrid: Part Humina, part Rufina.
- Half-Identical Twins: With his sister Matin.
- Happily Adopted
- La Résistance: He's the leader of Novaria, the Anti-Noigllado Alliance.
- Meaningful Name: Nox is Latin for "night."
- Named Weapons: He wields Tyrfing, the Sword of Despair.
- Official Couple: With Hannes.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: His eyes are red when he's under Ristaccia's control.
- Sibling Yin-Yang: Is called the "Negative Twin" and harbors hatred for his sister under Ristaccia's influence.
- Separated at Birth: From Matin.
- The Southpaw
Falo Credere Etincelle
Matin's knight. Extremely loyal to Matin; he does his best to protect her from physical harm and emotional pain.
Nox's foster father and the former captain of Noigllado's guard. He is part of Novaria with Nox.
- Beware the Nice Ones: A kind man who adopted Nox and two orphans, yet he threatens to kill Falo because he is a royal guard and therefore the enemy of Novaria.
- Continuity Nod: He is Adnowell's son.
- Good Is Not Soft: He won't hesitate to take out people he deems a threat to Nox and the Azuelgatt refugees.
- Papa Wolf: He's very protective of Nox and calls Falo out for not understanding Nox's grief over Aime's death.
Nox's adoptive older sister.
- Death by Origin Story: Her death is what motivates Nox to fight against Noigllado.
Agiona as a Whole
An agency that used to keep the king of Noigllado's power in check, but slowly began to take all the power for themselves. They have all the real power in the kingdom; Empress Matin is just a figurehead.
- Evil Chancellor: Five of them.
- Five-Man Band
- Government Conspiracy: They are making life for Noigllado's people miserable and keeping it a secret from Matin.
- Hidden Agenda Villain: Word of God has not revealed their agenda, though it is known that Zalieri follows a "grand plan."
- Only One Name: None of them seem to have surnames other than Rouven Kenpfert.
- Regent for Life
Voiced by: Jouji NakataThe leader of Agiona. He was the primary engineer of the war with Azuelgatt. He uses the royal family as his puppets.
Voiced by: Egawa HisaoAgiona's number two; an old friend of Zalieri's. Decides who is the "most important" in each class. While a calm, philosophical man, he can be violent.
Voiced by: Shintaro AsanumaIn charge of scientific research and the kingdom's royal academies and libraries. He is a cruel man who experiments on the kingdom's best scholars until their minds break down.
- Four Eyes, Zero Soul
- Mad Doctor: A very cruel man who will perform horrible experiments on people just to further his research. He even kidnapped Lien Clewing's father just for his research.
- Only One Name: The sole aversion for Agiona, based on the information given about them thus far.
- Team Killer: He kills Lyudmil.
Voiced by: Keiji FujiwaraHis job is to find "useful" heritages from around the world. He is obsessed with becoming perfectly beautiful, but unfortunately has a disease called Dorukuma which causes him to get slowly uglier.
Voiced by: Yuu AsakawaThe sole female member of Agiona. She is descended from the near-extinct people of Masinowa. She is in charge of espionage and is known as the "Spider Woman" due to capturing and releasing her targets numerous times.