- Voiced by: Junichi Suwabe
A mercenary brought to the Ark Arena. In his storyline, he killed the priest and Musiea's fellow nuns from her convent, leading to her searching for him for revenge.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: With Musiea, especially towards the end.
- BFS: When in comparison with Musiea's or Ayuta's. His sword is nearly as long as a zweihänder, but much broader.
- Dark-Skinned Blond: Well, white haired, but the idea is the same.
- Declaration of Protection: During the first Agent boss battle. In Eluca's path, he apologizes for not being able to right before they both die.
- Enemy Mine: With Musiea.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Although it takes almost half the game to see any gold.
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: With Musiea.
- Incurable Cough of Death: Which then gets cured easily enough by the Agent.
- Not Blood Siblings: With Aida.
- Opposites Attract: With Musiea.
- Tall, Dark, and Handsome
- Voiced by: Marina Inoue
A nun whose priest and fellow nuns were killed by Escher. She has been searching for him for revenge. She also takes care of a large group of war orphans, whom Escher allowed to escape the slaughter.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: With Escher.
- Enemy Mine: With Escher.
- Hair of Gold
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: With Escher.
- Lady of War: She is extremely graceful in combat.
- Opposites Attract: It's hard to imagine a couple that are more opposite.
- Tomboyish Ponytail
- Royal Rapier
- You Killed My Father: Musiea wants to kill Escher for murdering the priests that ran her orphanage. Not only is he guilty, he freely admits it. Which then gets flipped on her because the priest was selling the orphans as slaves right under her nose. Escher was hired to take care of the priest when he didn't follow through on a deal with his employers. In their own story, anyway. In Eluca's timeline Escher didn't do it, he killed the one responsible and Musiea got the wrong idea. Other routes drop the plot entirely.
- Voiced by: Sayaka Ohara
The royal bodyguard and top warrior of the Southern kingdom. In her own timeline, she has a conflicted relationship with Zhamo, whom she was ordered to kill.
- Voiced by: Hiro Shimono
A prince of the Southern kingdom. In his own timeline, his parents were suspected of treason by the Divine King, who had Eluca kill them in front of him. She was about to kill him when they were taken to the Ark Arena.
- Voiced by: Nobuhiko Okamoto
A stablehand in the Eastern kingdom. He is in love with Princess Mana.
- Amnesiac Dissonance: His current personality is much nicer than his original one.
- Amnesiacs are Innocent: It's also less coldly calculating.
- Berserk Button: Whatever you do, don't EVER try to hurt Mana, because if you do, Ayuta will screw you up. He even tells the game's resident badass Snarker Escher that if he ever threatened Mana, he would cut him down. And then he kills Alto. Twice. Both directly and indirectly.
- Declaration of Protection: Even more so than the others, Ayuta is very vocal about his commitment to protect his partner.
- Dual Wielding
- Guest-Star Party Member: In Olgar's story.
- Laser-Guided Amnesia: An interesting version of this occurs. Shortly before the start of each Ark Arena, Ayuta awakens in a new place, not remembering anything, and having a subconscious suggestion to fall in love and find a partner for the new Ark Arena.
- Lightning Bruiser: He's fast, and he hits hard.
- Star-Crossed Lovers: With Mana, in Eluca and Escher's timelines.
- Supernatural Gold Eyes: When he gets angry or has his memory returned to him. You can see this briefly during Eluca and Zhamo's story, frequently during his own story, and then permanently during Olgar's story.
- Time Abyss: He's at least 10,000 years old, possibly much, much older. He was half of the very first First Couple, and has been the emergency replacement for the male half in every single Ark Arena since. In between tournaments where he isn't the winner, he's put in a People Jar.
- Voiced by: Kana Hanazawa
The princess of the Eastern kingdom. She's actually Shea, one of the princess's body doubles.
- Cherry Blossom Girl
- Distressed Damsel: In Olgar's path, the Agent kidnaps her in order to add her powers to its own.
- Dub Name Change: If the language in the game is changed to Japanese Shea's name becomes Yae, which explains the change from (S) to (Y) for her equipment.
- Long Hair Is Feminine
- Princesses Prefer Pink: Princess Mana dresses entirely in pink.
- Star-Crossed Lovers: With Ayuta, in Eluca and Escher's timelines.
- Yamato Nadeshiko: She wears a cherry blossom in her hair as well as her waist wrap, wears very traditional and very Japanese inspired clothing, and is implied to be from a Fantasy Counterpart Culture of Japan.
- Voiced by: Unshou Ishizuka
The winner of the previous Ark Tournament. He killed Vahti's parents in the previous tournament.
- An Axe to Grind
- Bag of Spilling: Despite being the winner of the last tournament, he starts at level one just like everyone else.
- Blood Knight / Boisterous Bruiser: How much of each depends on which story you're playing.
- Death Seeker: Hinted at in some of the timelines.
- Facial Markings
- Guest-Star Party Member: In Escher's story.
- Heroic BSoD: Olgar gets one after it is revealed that Ayuta created a Theia clone and gave her Vahti's memories and appearance so that Olgar and Theia could create descendants theoretically stronger than Vahti's offspring would be.
- Legacy Character: "Olgar" is a title passed down when the first one dies. This mainly comes to play in Omega but is mentioned in the original game.
- Time Abyss: Over 10,000 years old.
- Walking Shirtless Scene
- Voiced by: Ayano Niina
Olgar's wife, and the other winner of the previous Ark Tournament. She acts very motherly towards the other contestants.
- Absolute Cleavage
- Action Mom
- Bag of Spilling: Despite being the winner of the last tournament, she starts at level one just like everyone else.
- Carry a Big Stick
- Hair of Gold
- Distressed Damsel: In Olgar's path, Ayuta kidnaps her in order to replace her with the Theia clone.
- Lady of Black Magic
- Self-Made Orphan: Hinted at by Ayuta in their story. However, if Omega is canon to their timeline, it was a bit more complicated than that.
- Time Abyss: Over 10,000 years old.
- Voiced by: Asami Seto
A female knight in love with Garrick.
- Axe-Crazy: As a result of losing her lover.
- Heroic BSoD: After Garrick's death.
- FaceHeel Turn:
- In Eluca's reality, she tries to kill Zhamo and Mana because no one else should have a partner if she doesn't.
- In Ayuta's story, she tries to kill both Ayuta and Mana with no explanation.
- Rose-Haired Girl
- Sacrificial Lion: She lasts a little longer than Garrick, but she, too, dies in every timeline that includes her.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Alto has pink hair.
- Voiced by: Shin-ichiro Miki
A male knight who has been decorated for his valor. He is in love with Alto.
- Long-Haired Pretty Boy
- Sacrificial Lamb: His entire purpose (in the plot) is to show what happens when you don't play by the Ark Arena's rules.
- So Long, and Thanks for All the Gear: Lampshaded in Ayuta's storyline. In this case, Escher says that he "wishes that he dropped his sword before he died.
The shopkeeper in the Ark, a strange little being of unknown origin and strange mannerisms.
- Bonus Boss
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: FREAKING...PIU...PIU. And the thing is, you get HINTS from dialogue that he may just be more powerful than he seems, but their partner just blows it off as him being crazy. On top of that, you should rename the trope Crouching Moron Hidden Badass AND Genius. He's the one who BUILT the Ark! AND discovered Time Travel and Immortality! He is also the hardest boss in the game, which is why he's a bonus.
- Lovable Sex Maniac: It's even claimed that his perversion was so great, it had to be separated from him and made into a prototype Agent called "Libido". Who is a Bonus Boss.
- Was Once a Man: Apparently, he was human but degenerated into the tiny creature he is today after 20 million years of Time Travel
- Small, Annoying Creature
- Time Abyss: Even more so than Olgar and Vahti, he is as old as the Ark, making him over 20 million years old.
- Voiced by: Tomoyuki Kono
The mysterious being that directs the Ark tournament and tells the contestants what to do.
- Disc-One Final Boss: The game even rolls the credits, and boots the players back to the menu afterwards, and it's not until the player reloads their file that they can enter Bereshith Road.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning
The enforcer of the Arena, the Executioner appears to kill anyone who has lost an official fight or has broken the rules.
- The Grim Reaper: Clearly inspired by it, it has a scythe plus three claws shaped like scythes.
- The Quiet One
- Sinister Scythe
The controller of the Ark Arena.
- A.I. Is a Crapshoot: Over time, Theia, the consciousness that runs the Almighty, breaks down. Once this happens, the AI becomes even more brutal, killing the contestants who fail instead of sending them back to Earth with their memories wiped, as originally planned.
- Final Boss: Of the individual scenarios. Once the player beats all four, they can beat the true final boss, the Qualia.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning
- Time Abyss: She is as old as the Ark, making her over 20 million years old.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: In order to keep the Qualia from noticing her activities, she only sends one couple back, period. In order to defeat the Qualia, she organized 2003 of these tournaments so that the winners could strengthen the human race for the next iteration, all to breed a human capable of killing it.
A being of Pure Energy that is destroying all the universes. Only a human, born in the Singularity, can hope to defeat it.
- Eldritch Abomination
- True Final Boss
- Genius Bonus: Qualia is a word in philosophy and psychology that refers to a sensation that can only be experienced by a single person.
- Omnicidal Maniac
- Planet Eater: Or rather, entire space-time eater.
- Pure Energy