open/close all folders
Debut: Cerberus High Chapter 1The Protagonist
, a fifteen-year-old human transferred to Cerberus High due to a mysterious incident that took place five years before the beginning of the story
"... Shut up! I don't want to have to kill anyone else...!"
- 11th-Hour Superpower: Kazuki's Cerberus form which was achieved by absorbing the departing souls of Sherbet and Axel.
- Abusive Parents: Downplayed with Alonzo. After being assigned to be Kazuki's caretaker after the death of Yuu, Alonzo believed the small child's catatonia was just an act and would do things like trip him and blow cigarette smoke in his face just to get a reaction from him.
- Accidental Murder: Of Yuu and his three foster brothers five years ago.
- Afraid of Blood: He is terribly squeamish around blood which may be related to the incident at the foster home.
- Ambiguously Human: Kazuki is treated as this until it is revealed that he is a homunculus created by Hades.
- Artificial Human: Kazuki was created by Hades to appear human on the outside but was provided with the blood of the demonic entity, giving him abilities unlike any human or canid breed that has ever existed.
- Attack on the Heart:
- Has his heart ripped out Axel in the A Mere Human Arc.
- Is stabbed in the heart by Neos ESP which drains all of his blood.
- Audience Surrogate: He didnt know much about the school he was being condemned to nor about the canid breeds that attend there. He gradually learns more about his surroundings along with the reader.
- Awful Truth: He grew up believing that he was abandoned in the woods by his parents. It really crushed him when he learned that he had no parents at all.
- Badass in Distress: The Underworld Arc starts off with Kazuki being thrown into the Underworld after trying to exorcise Rouge's soul from his body.
- Battle Aura: Kazuki is surrounded by a menacing black aura when his blood reaches its boiling point.
- Bearer of Bad News: In the Underworld Arc, Kazuki had to break the news to Axel that Xiomara died. He did not take it well.
- Big Damn Reunion: After spending a while alone and trapped in the Underworld, Kazuki and his friends are finally reunited, but are unable to return to their homeworld with the loss of the grimoire.
- Birthday Buddies: Kazuki shares his September 14th birthday with Oralee.
- Blood from the Mouth: When Kazuki's heart was torn out by Axel, seen on this page in the Prototype Comic.
- Can't Live Without You: In Another Story, it is explained that Oralee and Kazuki cannot exist without each other as light cannot exist without darkness.
- Catapult Nightmare:
- Kazuki was hinted to have suffered from night terrors as a child in Chapter 6.
- The whole ordeal with Shadow Kazuki ends with Kazuki waking up in this way.
- Classical Anti-Hero
- Color-Coded Characters: Orange thanks to his iconic hoodie.
- Combination Attack: To defeat Elliot, Kazuki created a speeding vortex by combining his Raging Burst with Conrad's wind powers.
- Dangerous Forbidden Technique: Kazukis Zipping Burst ability. He avoids using it since it was the burst responsible for Yuus gory demise.
- Dark Is Not Evil
- Dissonant Serenity: As Cerberus Kazuki.
- Dual Tonfas: Wields bladed dual tonfas as his Eternal Onyx blade.
- Eating Lunch Alone: Kazuki and Sherbet sit alone together at lunch which makes them sick out a sore thumb among the other students sitting with their respective squads.
- Emotional Powers: His Raging Burst is at its strongest when his blood boils.
- Energy Ball: All his burst abilities are in the form of a black photosphere.
- Expository Hairstyle Change: In the epilogue, Kazuki cuts his hair which had gone pretty long after his Cerberus transformation.
- Facial Markings: In his Cerberus form and long after that.
- Fake Defector: Kazuki briefly joins Axels cheer squad to learn more about the inner workings of the school as he feels deep within his heart that there is something more to the werewolfs childish dreams of school domination.
- Fiery Redhead: He isn't normally one given his timid personality, but when he happens to have one of his freakouts or becomes very passionate about something, be warned.
- Gayngst: Averted. Initially, Kazuki only felt angst for the interspecies part of the relationship when he was crushing on Axel as that is seen as more taboo than being gay. Kazuki gets over this and makes his feelings known with a Big Damn Kiss.
- Gray Eyes: Type 1.
- Growling Gut: In Chapter 16 when Lita and Oralee offered to take Kazuki to a fancy restaurant. Kazuki's attempts to decline were silenced by his rumbling stomach.
- Healing Factor: Developed one not long after getting the Mark of the Beast.
- Hearing Voices: He is able to hear the voice of Rouge communicating to him from within his heart.
- The Heart: Always tries to find the good in people and thinks twice about hurting another person.
- Heroic BSoD: After finding out the truth behind his existence.
- Heroic RRoD: Kazuki loses consciousness right after fully awakening his abilities in his fight with Axel.
- Heroic Self-Deprecation: Has extremely low self-esteem and often puts himself down.
- Hope Spot: When Neo charges at Kazuki with his EPS after the shattering of his tonfa blades, Kazuki is protected by a shield formed by his fractured weapon. However, this was all revealed to be just an illusion made by Neo to toy with Kazuki, and his EPS succeeded in stabbing him in the heart.
- Horrifying the Horror: Kazuki manages to horrify Elliot after he survives the cryptid's poisonous fumes.
- Idiot Hair
- I Just Want to Be Normal: He wants nothing to do with the abnormal life he was given.
- I'll Kill You!: Repeatedly says this to Neo after finding out what he supposedly did to Oralee.
- Indirect Kiss: Almost has one with Oralee when she gives him her candy apple that she had already taken a bite from.
- In-Series Nickname: Sherbet calls him Kaz for short. She also considered calling him Softie Heart which he didn't hesitate to say was bad.
- Instant Expert: Learning how to harness his powers came easy to him.
- Luminescent Blush: Happens four times in the series.
- In Chapter 9, after defeating Elliot, Kazuki hugs Sherbet a little too tightly as he apologizes to her which Sherbet points out, causing him to become mortified.
- In Chapter 12 when Rouge pops the question if he's in love with Axel.
- In Chapter 13, as Kazuki reminds Xiomara of the promise that he made to Axel, Xiomara makes a comment about how her brother stole his heart. This makes Kazuki blush as it was true.
- In Chapter 16 when Kazuki and Oralee almost share an Indirect Kiss.
- MacGuffin Super Person: The peculiar existence of Kazuki alone has piqued the interests of many within the school due to his status of being not quite human but not quite a canid breed either. Something entirely new and unique.
- He also becomes a key piece in Neo's plans of godhood due to him possessing the blood of Hades.
- Make Them Rot: His Hades! Blood Burst ability causes his target's body to disintegrate and reappear in their own personal hell for all eternity.
- Mark of the Beast: In his Cerberus transformation, Kazuki's Mark of Beast becomes enlarged and appears on his chest.
- Mistaken for Dyed: When Kazuki is trying to make sense of his newfound Healing Factor, Sherbet makes a joke that all the blood from having been decked in the face with a sculpture was just his red hair dye running.
Sherbet: There wasnt a scratch but there sure was a lot of blood. Or was it just your hair dye running?
Kazuki: Oi this colors natural!
- Nervous Wreck: Its easy for him to absolutely lose it in pressing situations. Fortunately, Rouge is always there to calm him down and guide him through it.
- Not Quite Back to Normal: Even after the final battle between Neo and the releasing of souls of his friends, Kazuki still maintains part of his Cerberus transformation with his eyes being the only thing that reverted back to normal.
- Official Couple/Interspecies Romance: With Axel.
- Orange/Blue Contrast: Kazuki's signature hoodie is orange and blue.
- The Paralyzer: Kazukis Numbing Burst can paralyze any part of his enemy's body.
- Parental Abandonment: Kazuki was believed to have been abandoned as an infant due to him being found by Yuu in the middle of the woods wrapped neatly in a blanket. However, this wasn't the case as Kazuki had no parents to begin with.
- Power Dyes Your Hair/Power Makes Your Hair Grow: In his Cerberus form, Kazukis hair becomes dark brown and reaches down to his knees.
- The Promise: Made a promise to Axel just before his fight with Xiomara to bring his sister back to her senses.
- Protectorate: To Sherbet before awakening his powers.
- Reincarnation: Of Rouge.
- Reincarnation-Identifying Trait: He looks exactly like Rouge when she was his age with the only difference between them being hair color and of course, gender.
- Roaring Rampage of Rescue: In Chapter 8 Kazuki mows down a bunch of cobras that magically spawned in his room just to the aid of his friends outside.
- Self-Harm: To test out his new Healing Factor, Kazuki slit his wrist with a shard of glass.
- The Soulless: He doesnt possess a soul of his own besides Rouges but that certainly doesnt make him a monster.
- Sharing a Body: With his past life Rouge as a result of an oopsie in the reincarnation process.
- She Is Not My Girlfriend: Blanc views Kazuki as a rival to his love for Xiomara due to the amount of interest she shows in the human. In Chapter 10 Blanc finally snaps and challenges Kazuki to a duel to the death despite Kazuki denying having any romantic feelings for Xiomara.
- Repressed Memories: He doesnt remember much of the moment when Yuu died but he desperately tries to block out the ones still fresh in his mind.
- Soul Jar: Kazuki was created to only be just a body for Rouge's soul when she reincarnated. However, the reincarnation was botched and Kazuki was given a will of his own while Rouge's soul slumbered within his heart.
- Spider-Sense: Kazuki's senses heightened exceptionally ever since he awakened his powers. With Rouge as his guardian, Kazuki would be alerted whenever a strong presence is in his vicinity.
- Stranger in a Strange School: Kazuki Akai is the only human attending a school meant for delinquent candid breeds.
- Tareme Eyes: To contrast Rouge's tsurime eyes.
- Thou Shalt Not Kill: Justified. After the incident at his foster home, Kazuki swore to never take another life.
- Token Human: Kazuki is the only human attending Cerberus High.
- Took a Level in Badass/Neutral No Longer: After his first encounter with Axel, Kazuki becomes extremely hellbent on uncovering the inner workings of the school and rooting out the evil that plagues it all in the most humane way possible.
- Trapped in Another World: Kazuki gets thrown into the Underworld after a ritual to exorcise Rouge from his body goes horribly wrong.
- Walking Shirtless Scene: Kazuki's Cerberus form has him fighting shirtless.
- Wing Ding Eyes: His eyes turn into swirls when he faints in Chapter 6 after his hemophobia is triggered.
- Wrecked Weapon: Kazuki's tonfa blades shatter at the beginning of hid fight with Neo.
Debut: Cerberus High Chapter 1
The main Action Girl
of the main trio. Sherbet Summers is a fifteen-year-old tanuki-canid who becomes Kazuki's first true friend upon entering Cerberus.
- Badass Normal: Doesn't need any special powers like her teammates to kick ass.
- Big Damn Heroes: Busts down the doors of the gymnasium just to get to Kazuki in the A Mere Human Arc.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: On the surface, Sherbert presents herself as a shameless and reckless trickster but when you get to know her better shes actually pretty sensible and level-headed.
- Butt-Monkey: No one gives her the respect that she deserves.
- Cheer Them Up with Laughter: When Kazuki was feeling a little down after his fight with Axel, Sherbet proceeded to joke about how popular he's gotten and how she should start protecting him from fangirls now. This succeeds in making him laugh.
- Cleavage Window: A small heart-shaped one.
- Color-Coded Characters: Pink.
- Dark-Skinned Blonde: Tan skin and (dyed) white hair.
- Deadpan Snarker: Almost always to Axel.
- Declaration of Protection: Devoted herself to being Kazuki's bodyguard right after meeting him.
- Eating Lunch Alone: Sherbet and Kazuki sit alone together at lunch which makes them sick out a sore thumb among the other students sitting with their respective squads.
- Edible Theme Naming: With her and her sisters: Sugar and Ducelina note .
- Expository Hairstyle Change: In the epilogue, Sherbet is stated to have much longer hair along with her natural brown hair color.
- First Love: She was crushing hard for her childhood friend Aya.
- The Glomp: The first thing Sherbet does to Kazuki when the group reunites with him in the Underworld.
- Highly Visible Ninja
- Hyperspace Arsenal: Sherbet has an unlimited arsenal of ninja weapons up her sleeve. Literally.
- Impaled with Extreme Prejudice/Taking the Bullet: In Chapter 10 Sherbet is impaled in the solar plexus after jumping in front of Kazuki to shield him from Blanc's ice pillars. Miraculously, she survives.:
- Let's Get Out of Here: Sherbet grabs Kazukis hand to make a break for it after incapacitating Axel with her shurikens knowing that the werewolf would get back up again in his beast form.
- Little Bit Beastly: She's a tanuki-canid.
- Middle Child Syndrome/The Unfavorite: She is the middle child of three girls and was seen as the family disappointment when she still lived at home.
- Official Couple/Second Love: She and Ember become an item at the end of the book.
- One-Hit Kill: Neo destroyed her brain with just a single head tap.
- Overshadowed by Awesome: She feels weak compared to Axel and To the point that she feels that she needs to put her life in danger to prove her worth to the team.
- People Puppets: Sherbet falls victim to Elliot's Pandora's Box, becoming the cryptid's puppet, and is forced to attack Kazuki with her kusari-fundo. Conrad stops her from strangling Kazuki by trapping her inside a mini whirlwind.
- Romantic Wingman: Sherbet becomes this to Axel. After the werewolf confessed to her that he was in love with Kazuki, Sherbet made it her mission to get the two of them together.
- Sneaky Departure: Every night she snuck out of the window of her home to visit her gang. One night she is spotted by her little sister Sugar who waits until the morning to rat her out.
- Stay in the Kitchen: Before the start of Kazuki and Axel's fight, Axel asks Sherbet to sit in the bleachers with Mitzy and Roxy.
- Street Smart: How she knows how to avoid danger. Being in a gang also made Sherbet a skilled pick-pocket.
- Tanuki: She's a normal tanuki-canid but who possesses no shapeshifting powers.
- Vitriolic Best Friends: Axel.
- V-Sign: She is often drawn striking these.
- You Remind Me of X: She explained to Axel in Chapter 11 that the reason she was so passionate about being Kazuki's protector was that he reminded her of her childhood friend Aya who was also human.
Debut: Cerberus High Chapter 3The Lancer
of the main trio. Axel Amsel is a sixteen-year-old werewolf-canid who happens to be the captain of the Cerberus Cheer Squad. He is the younger brother of Xiomara Amsel.
Little Red, Little Red
Seems like you havent had a real taste of what this hellhole has in store for mere humans like you.
Axel: Forgive me for this, kay? ❤
- Angry Collar Grab: Axel does this to Kazuki after learning about Xiomara's death in the Underworld Arc.
- Annoying Younger Sibling: Axel acts as childish as ever around his elder sister Xiomara. Because she is so against using her werewolf abilities, he likes to toy with her in hopes of her snapping.
- Back from the Dead: Came back to life after Cerberus Kazuki released the souls of him and Sherbet when he defeated Ascended Neo.
- Bare-Handed Blade Block: Axel caught the blade of Kazuki's Dual Tonfas with his bare hand during their fight in the A Mere Human Arc. Granted Axel has an Healing Factor and had transformed both his hands into his werewolf ones.
- The Big Damn Kiss: Axel is kissed by Kazuki in the finale when all the Overworld characters return to their homeworld from the Underworld.
- Big Sister Worship: Axel has always looked up to his big sister Xiomara. Despite being so hellbent on overthrowing her in the schools hierarchy, Axel still deeply cares for his sister and really wants to bring her back to her senses.
- Bishōnen: His good looks and ability to charm people were what made him the captain of his cheer squad.
- Can't Act Perverted Toward a Love Interest: After confiding in Sherbet about his crush on Kazuki, Axel can't seem to maintain his suave attitude around the human.
- The Charmer: He knows how to use his silver tongue to his advantage. Hell charm almost anyone to get what he wants, regardless of gender.
- The Cheerleader: A rare male example. Axel is the captain of the Cerberus Cheer Squad.
- Color-Coded Characters: Periwinkle.
- Egocentric Team Naming: Axel suggests the name The Axel-lent Axel and his Less Axel-lent Cheerleaders when the question of the team name is brought up again in the infirmary in Chapter 11.
- Fashionable Asymmetry: Axel's tunic is half black and indigo.
- Friend to All Living Things: Axel has a soft spot for small critters such as chipmunks and rabbits due to them being his only source of companionship as a child.
- The Gadfly: Likes to get under people's skin.
- Gibberish of Love: It happens twice Chapter 28 when Sherbet tries to get him to confess his feelings to Kazuki. However, the second time Kazuki gets the idea and kisses him.
- Girl Posse: Consisting of Mitzy and Roxy.
- Healing Factor: Due to being a werewolf.
- The Illegible: He has notoriously bad handwriting.
- Jerkass Façade: He was imitating his sister's brash personality throughout most of his introductory arc as he felt that inducing fear into Kazuki was the best way to make him join his side.
- The Lancer
- Laughing Mad: After Kazuki breaks the news to him of Xiomara's death, Axel suddenly throws his head back to let out a hearty laugh before grabbing Kazuki by the collar, pinning him against a wall.
- Luminescent Blush: Quite a few times in the series. Namely when Rouge reveals that Kazuki is in love with him and after being kissed by Kazuki.
- My Sister Is Off-Limits!!: One of the many reasons why he despises Blanc with such ferocity.
- No Sense of Personal Space: Likes to get dangerously close to Kazuki. Mostly to annoy Sherbet but also due to his feelings for the human.
- One-Hit Kill: Neo destroyed his brain with just a single head tap.
- Official Couple/Interspecies Romance: With Kazuki.
- Our Werewolves Are Different: Doesnt need the full moon to transform.
- Parental Neglect: His father became neglectful of him and his sister after the death of their mother.
- Precision F-Strike: Axel snaps and delivers one to Kazuki after being informed of his sister's death.
Axel: Dont fuck with me. Like hell would Xiomara be done in by such a lame-ass attack.
Cerberus Cheer Squad
The Cerberus Cheer Squad is the squad founded by Axel Amsel. There are more members than just the three that are named as revealed in Chapter 7.
Mitzy & Roxy
Debut: Cerberus High Chapter 7
A minor character. Conrad is a coyote-canid whos affiliated with Axel Amsels Cheer Squad, serving as his Number Two
and eventual successor
Its alright to hold back but sometimes you have to put your foot down if it means protecting the weak. You cant have your biggest enemy in this battle be yourself, Kazuki. Ive seen how much you honed your skills, but your inner demons throw all that effort out the window.
Click here to see Conrad in his casual wear.
The Brazen Youths
Debut: Cerberus High Chapter 4
Xiomara Amsel is the Big Bad
of The Brazen Youths Arc being the commander of The Brazen Youths assassination league. She is a nineteen-year-old werewolf-canid who is also the estranged elder sister of Axel Amsel. Under her reign, Cerberus High maintains its broken system and reputation.
Please stop this petty sibling rivalry. Its boring.
- Affectionate Gesture to the Head: Did this to Blanc in Chapter 4 to calm him down after the frosthound was trying to go confront the sudden immense surge of power in the gymnasium.
- Ain't Too Proud to Beg: In Chapter 10 Xiomara seeks out Kazuki with her two main assassins to plead with him to join her league of assassins.
- Aloof Big Sister
- Aloof Dark-Haired Girl
- Animal Motifs: A snake despite being a werewolf.
- Anime Hair: She rocks a badass anime mullet with the bangs spiked up.
- Back from the Dead: Came back to life after Cerberus Kazuki defeated Ascended Neo.
- Badass Bookworm: Reads a lot in her spare time.
- Bare Your Midriff: Her navel is made visible through the sheer bodysuit she wears under her clothes.
- Big Sister Instinct: In the Underworld Arc, Xiomara runs to Axel's aid after sensing that he was in trouble during his fight with Rey.
- Boomerang Bigot: Despite being a canid breed herself, Xiomara looks down on other canid breeds outside of her assassin league with disdain and even referred to them all as savages.
- Bridal Carry: She is carried this way by Blanc after her fight with Kazuki.
- The Charmer: Has a penchant for targeting new students first entering the school as they are the most hopeless and vulnerable.
- Cheshire Cat Grin: Her Crescent-Moon smile that she loves to shoot at Kazuki from time to time.
- Clothing Damage: Justified. Kazukis Zipping Burst rips through flesh like a piranha, leaving Xiomara bare in more ways than one. Thankfully, Xiomara was quick to heal from these gory injuries.
- Color-Coded Characters: Purple.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Xiomara easily defeats her brother in the gymnasium by dislocating both his arms.
- Dark Action Girl
- Devoted to You: Has this effect on Blanc who felt that she had given his life repurpose.
- Fashionable Asymmetry: Xiomara's halter top is half purple and black.
- Goth: To contrast Axels preppy style.
- Graceful Loser: Took her loss in her fight against Kazuki with stride.
- Healing Factor: Due to being a werewolf.
- HeelFace Turn/Defeat Means Friendship: Instantly turns to the good side after being defeated by Kazuki.
- Hot Blooded Sideburns: A not-so-hot-blooded example.
- Ice Queen: Why Blanc is so attracted to her.
- Kick Chick
- Lack of Empathy: Doesn't care about all the times she put her younger brother's life in danger.
- The Leader: The Mastermind type.
- Letting Her Hair Down: She doesnt bother keeping her bangs spiked up after being defeated by Kazuki, giving her a friendlier look.
- Little Big Sis: Shes almost a foot shorter than her younger bro.
- Living Emotional Crutch: To Blanc. So much so that he is unable to go on after her death.
- Masculine Girl, Feminine Boy: The Masculine Girl to Blancs Feminine Boy.
- Manipulative Bastard
- Meaningful Name: Her name is of Spanish origin meaning battle-ready.
- Modesty Shorts
- Multi-Ethnic Name: Spanish first name, German last name.
- Nice, Mean, and In-Between: The one whos in-between.
- Older Than She Looks: Shes nineteen and 411.
- Our Ghosts Are Different: Briefly appears as a ghost to give Blanc the courage to defeat Akuji.
- Our Werewolves Are Different: Doesnt need the full moon to transform.
- Pint-Sized Powerhouse
- Pointy Ears: Due to her werewolf race.
- Promotion to Parent: Became Axels parental figure due to the death of their mother and the neglect of their father.
- Purple Is Powerful
- Red Eyes, Take Warning
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The Blue to Axels Red.
- Red Right Hand: Anyone could tell right away which one is the nice sibling and which is the crazy one by just looking at her and Axel. Could it possibly be the sharp vacant red eyes that are perpetually giving you a Death Glare?
- Reverse Arm-Fold: How she stands when she is introduced.
- The Runaway: Ran away from home just to go to Cerberus High.
- Sacrificial Lion: First major death in the series.
- The Stoic: To contrast Axels boisterous nature.
- Super Reflexes
- Taking the Bullet/Instant Death Bullet: Xiomara gets fatally shot in the heart by Reys Silver Bullet Breacher'' after trying to shield Axel who was shot prior in the hip. This causes Axel to be struck once more in the left shoulder from the bullet going through Xiomaras body.
- Tough Love: Often scolded Axel whenever he got hurt as a child so he wouldnt rely so much on his healing factor when he eventually developed one.
- Wrestler in All of Us: Inverted. Xiomara specializes in Submission Holds.
Debut: Cerberus High Chapter 4
Blanc Isolde is a minor antagonist of the Brazen Youths Arc. He is a nineteen-year-old frosthound-canid
who serves under Xiomara Amsel as her right-hand man
Debut: Cerberus High Chapter 4
Ember Hertz is a minor antagonist in the Brazen Youths Arc. She is a seventeen-year-old hellhound
-canid who serves as an assassin under Xiomara Amsels Brazen Youths.
Oralee. I will never, never let whatever is after you get to you. I swear on my life
- Blood from Every Orifice: When she transfers the ghosts tormenting Oralee into her Mark of the Beast brand resulting in her death.
Debut: Cerberus High Chapter 8
Elliot is a minor antagonist featured in the Brazen Youths Arc. Elliot is a black shuck-canid
who serves as an assassin under Xiomara Amsels The Brazen Youths. He appears to be a young adult but in actuality, Elliot is eight-years-old
due to his short life span of 20 years.
Debut: Cerberus High Chapter 1
Alonzo was Kazuki Akais caretaker until he dropped the boy off to stay at the notorious school.
- Abusive Parents: Downplayed to Kazuki. After being assigned to be Kazuki's caretaker after the death of Yuu, Alonzo believed the small child's catatonia was just an act and would do things like trip him and blow cigarette smoke in his face just to get a reaction from him.
- Cool Shades: Always wore shades in the small amount of screentime he had.
- Only One Name
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Has purple hair
Yuu Akai was the man who found Kazuki Akai in the woods right after he was begotten by Hades
Debut: Cerberus High Chapter 2
Debut: Cerberus High Chapter 3
Rouge is a key supporting character featured in the series Cerberus High. She is the daughter of the late archdemon
Casimir Bellerose, a benevolent yet unorthodox disciple of the Underworld God Hades
'Ill lend you my powers only if you call out my name.'
Click here to see Blossomed Rouge.
- Adaptation Dye-Job: In the Prototype Comic made in 2018, Rouges hair was red like Kazukis.
- Aloof Ally: Has no interest in helping anyone but Kazuki.
- Aloof Dark-Haired Girl
- Attractive Zombie: Neo sure thinks so.
- Asexuality: According to the Official Twitter, Rouge is asexual as her maternal love is greater than anything else.
- Back from the Dead: After being reborn in the Underworld Arc, Rouge returns to her homeworld 15 years after her death to rescue Kazuki.
- Bathtub Scene: In the Underworld Arc, Rouge treats herself to a bath which is interrupted when she suddenly senses Kazuki's presence.
- Blood from the Mouth: After having her throat slit by Nadia.
- Broken Bird: Becomes callous and jaded since her reawakening, caring only for Kazukis well being and nothing else as she views all other characters as expendable.
- Chill of Undeath: In her blossomed form.
- Colorful Theme Naming: Her first name is French for red.
- Cool Big Sis: To Rey when both of them were still living happily in the Bellerose family manor.
- Cynicism Catalyst: Her death, as well as the deaths of her family, made her a bit of an asshole once being reawakened inside of Kazuki.
- Daddy's Girl: Was extremely close to her father when she was still alive.
- Damsel in Distress: Gets abducted and held captive by Neo as the gang fight to save her throughout the second half of the Underworld Arc.
- Died Happily Ever After: She is shown happy with her family in Elysium.
- Died in Your Arms Tonight: Her first death. Spent her final moments being cradled by her equally dying father Casimir.
- Disappears into Light: Her second death.
- Family Eye Resemblance: Inherited her fathers silver eyes.
- A Fate Worse Than Death: The thought of Rouge becoming Neo's doll forever makes the gang hold off on returning to their homeworld to recuse her instead.
- Flower Motifs: Roses.
- Gray Eyes: Type 1 in her youth. Type 2 as an adult.
- Go-Go Enslavement: The primary getup she wears while being held captive in Neos room is a very Stripperific Victorian lolita dress. Elements include:
- Guardian Entity: Served as this when she still resided in Kazukis heart.
- Headbutt of Love: Did this to Kazuki followed by a forehead kiss before disappearing forever.
- Heroic Ambidexterity: Word of God says Rouge shares her ambidexterity with Kazuki.
- Hidden Disdain Reveal: When Rouge and Axel are roomed together in a tavern, she bluntly confesses that out of all the others, she hated him the most. But, she adds that after seeing how deeply the werewolf cares about the mission, its no wonder why Kazuki is in love with him.
- Idiot Hair
- Ms. Fanservice: By far the most well-endowed female in the series.
- Multicolored Hair: Her hair is primarily black with her right side lock being crimson red.
- Naked First Impression/Naked on Revival: The gangs first time meeting her in her new physical form was when she was forced out of Kazukis body stark naked.
- Nerves of Steel: Until Neo found just the right way to break after mentioning how she never got the chance of becoming a mother.
- No Mouth: Her wraith form lacks a mouth.
- Out-of-Clothes Experience: Her wraith form within Kazukis heart.
- Plot-Relevant Age-Up: Her blossomed form, shown in the majority of the Underworld Arc, is just a notably more mature version of her original body at the time of her death.
- Pragmatic Hero: Rouge is shown to put Kazuki's safety above all else to the point that she tries to dissuade him on putting his life on the line for the sake of his friends.
- Rapunzel Hair: Her hair is thigh-length.
- Raven Hair, Ivory Skin
- Reincarnate in Another World: Rouge was meant to reincarnate in the Overworld away from the cruelness of the Underworld. Kazuki was created to be that otherworldly body her soul would be put in.
- Resurrective Immortality
- Revenant Zombie
- Satellite Character: Rouge has no goals of her own other than to defend Kazuki and get him to conquer his fears.
- Say My Name: Rouge tells Kazuki in Chapter 4 that the only way to awaken his powers is to say her name. After looking deep within his heart, Kazuki calls out her name and summons his Eternal Onyx Blade for the first time.
- Scars Are Forever: She sports a ragged scar across her neck in her blossomed form which was the wound that did her in back in her homeworld.
- Shameless Fanservice Girl: Was unfazed by her naked rebirth after being expelled out of Kazukis body. However, she did bother to cover herself when she was naked a few chapters later when Rey walks in.
- Shipper on Deck: Rouge seems to act a tad bit friendlier towards Axel Amsel; seeing how much Kazuki is in love with him. Not to mention before dying, she asked Kazuki to kiss Axel for her.
- Slashed Throat: Her cause of death in her original body. Neos mother Nadia ambushed her from behind, dealing the fatal blow.
- Sliding Scale of Undead Regeneration: See Synchronization.
- Spoiled Sweet: She certainly wasn't stuck up when she was younger and treated Rey like he was a part of the family.
- Statuesque Stunner: Girls six feet tall!
- Sweet Tooth
- Synchronization: Even long after the separation of host and soul, Rouge is still linked with Kazuki in her new blossomed form. Every wound that is inflicted on Kazuki, Rouges body sustains permanent damage from it. On the other hand, if Rouge were to take any damage those wounds would heal in an instant with Kazukis body being unaffected.
- Too Good for This Sinful Earth: Her first death as an innocent fifteen-year-old. This causes Casimir to curse the entire Underworld for it.
- Trauma Conga Line: Lets see
- dying a long and painful death in the arms of your equally dying father
- finding out your brother has become a pawn of the very group that destroyed both of your lives
- having your mind and body simultaneously violated
- being emotionally and physically abused by your psychotic brother
- discovering your captor is keeping the corpse of his mother stored in his closet
- Troubled Fetal Position: Rouge is seen floating this way in the brief vision Kazuki has before he fell unconscious in Chapter 3.
- Tsurime Eyes: To contrast Kazukis tareme eyes.
The anarchist group
founded by Neo D. Fowlers father Vincent Fowler two decades before the events of the original Cerberus High story. He sought to better The Underworld by wiping out all of Hadess archdemons who he believes are holding him back from creating a world that's just like Elysium
- Bomb-Throwing Anarchists
- Curse: Those who refused to go along with the ritualistic suicide to make way for the next generation would be cursed with the souls of their deceased brethren. Whoever holds the power of the Viscera Purger's head is the only one who is able to lift the curse. Nadia fell victim to this due to her cowardice as well as Oralee years later.
- Light Is Not Good
- Ordered to Die: Two months after successfully wiping out of the archdemons and all those tied to them by blood, Vincent gathered all his followers to the basement of the headquarters where they would all kill themselves in a ritualistic suicide. As their fearless leader, Vincent had no qualms about joining his followers in death.
- Time Stands Still: It was explained in Cerberus High Another Story that the Viscera Purgers were able to execute all their evil deeds without anyone seeing them due to Vincent activating a stasis field around the area.
- Utopia Justifies the Means
Neo Delwyn Fowler
Debut: Cerberus High Chapter 15
The Big Bad
of the Underworld Arc
. Neo is the second-generation leader of the Visceral Purgers and the son of Vincent Fowler, the ringleader behind the slaying of the Bellerose household 15 years ago.
- A God Am I: Once becoming the new head, Neo completely discards his late fathers dream of building a utopia. He is now using his newfound powers to achieve godhood by becoming immortal. He achieves this.
- Bait the Dog: In his introduction, Neo presents himself as a caring friend towards Rey who need to be comforted after Rouges unprecedented return. However, right after putting the imp to bed, Neo lets his true personality surface as he devises a plan to kidnap the melancholic demoness.
- Bastard Bastard
- Beauty Mark: He has a tiny birthmark below his left eye.
- Become Your Weapon: Fused with his Ephemeral Platinum Saber after it drained all of Kazukis blood from his heart.
- BFS: His Ephemeral Platinum Saber. Or EPS for short.
- Big Bad
- Bishounen: Really takes after his mom in the looks department.
- Blinded by Rage: After noticing fractures in Kazukis bladed tonfas, Neo tries to rile Kazuki up even more by lying about killing Oralee. Neo gets the reaction he was hoping for and Kazuki charges at him, resulting in the shattering of both his tonfas.
- Break Them by Talking: Was able to penetrate right through Rouges cold exterior by mentioning how she never got the chance to become a mother.
- Bridal Carry: Neo carries Rouge this way when he kidnaps her.
- Complete Immortality: When he ascends.
- Crystal Ball: Neo is able to summon a crystal ball that he uses to see events happening in other locations.
- Drunk with Power
- 11th-Hour Superpower: Neos god form he achieved from fusing with his EPS after using it to drain all of Hadess blood from Kazukis heart.
- The Glasses Come Off: As a child, Neo often wore eyeglasses but ditched them after sealing the ghost of the ghosts of the former purges within his mother's amulet upon killing her.
- Hellish Pupils: These are the only physical traits he inherited from his father.
- I Love the Dead: Neo sexually assaulted his own mothers corpse after killing her.
- He is also extremely attracted to Rouge due to her having cadaveric-like attributes in her new body.
- Improbable Age: Justified. He became the new head of the Viscera Purgers at the age of 10 due to his father wanting only those with pure, unaffected hearts to be the centerpiece of his Utopia.
- Knight of Cerebus: The story took a much darker tone with Neos introduction in the Underworld Arc
- Ladykiller in Love: Lampshaded by Akuji.
Akuji: Is it the same woman as before? Has the great Neo D. Fowler finally fallen for someone?
- The Leader: Of the second-generation of Viscera Purgers.
- Meaningful Name: His name Neo is a prefix meaning new. This is a reference to him becoming the new head of the Viscera Purgers after the old generation committed mass suicide.
- Memento MacGuffin: The amethyst amulet he has embedded in the left breast of his tailcoat was something he took from his deceased mothers body upon killing her as a memento and a sign of reverence.
- Mind Rape: The aphrodisiac Neo hits Rouge with as she is being assaulted by him causes her mind to go haywire while everything else slows to a snails pace.
- Parental Incest: For as long as he could remember, Neo harbored sexual feelings for his own mother. He finally acted on these feelings after killing her.
- Parental Neglect: His father Vincent had no interest in raising a child of his own.
- Sadist: Enjoys putting Rouge through hell as he views her as his plaything. The idea of an archdemons daughter submitting to him excites him.
- Slasher Smile
- Smug Super
- Start of Darkness: The moment he killed his mother and sealed the souls of the deceased former generation within her amulet was when Neo discovered his lust for power.
- Strong Family Resemblance: He really took after his mother Nadia.
- Technicolor Eyes: He has purple eyes.
- Villainous Breakdown: Seeing Cerberus Kazuki's eyes during their battle triggered this. Neo has his final one inside his Forever-Still Space when he is made to be judged by the three heads of Cerberus for all of eternity.
- Villainous Crush: On Rouge.
- Yandere: Wants to keep Rouge as his mindless doll forever.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Has green hair.
- You Have Outlived Your Usefulness: Said something along these lines to Rey before killing him.
Debut: Cerberus High Chapter 15
Rey is a minor antagonist of the Underworld Arc and the adopted younger brother of Kazuki Akais past life, Rouge. He is the Sole Survivor
of the slaying of his whole adoptive family that was orchestrated by the radical anarchist
Vincent Fowler 15 years before the events of the actual series.
- Alien Blood: His blood is blue matching his eyes.
- Amazing Technicolor Population: His skin is pale blue. Having unnatural colored-skin is common of those of imp blood.
- An Arm and a Leg: Had all five of his fingers severed clean off as a small child by a bunch of hooligans.
- Artificial Limbs: All five of his fingers on his left hand were replaced with those of a ball-jointed doll by Vincent when he found him in the alley.
- Back from the Dead: Vincent brought him back after finding him dead and alone as a child.
- Bandaged Babe: His entire left arm is completely bandaged.
- Barefoot Loon
- Bare Your Midriff
- Bitch Slap: Delivers one to Rouge the morning after witnessing her get raped by Neo.
- Blind Obedience: Love makes you blind.
- Breeding Slave: Not him but his mother and the rest of the imps from the illegal baby-making factory Rey was born in.
- Cry into Chest: This was the first thing he did upon being reunited with his beloved sister whom he believed to have been dead for the past 15 years.
- Cute and Psycho
- Does Not Like Shoes: Even when living in the Bellerose manor he never wore shoes.
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: His youthful looks and his questionable fashion choices make him fit this trope.
- Emotional Powers: His formidable Breacher Palm ability is channeled through extreme anger and bloodlust.
- Evolving Weapon: His Breacher Palm evolves into his Silver Bullet Breacher Palm.
- Fatal Flaw: Envy.
- Green-Eyed Monster
- Happily Adopted: By Casimir. Didnt last long.
- Heal It with Fire: To avoid the small imp from bleeding out, the goons who severed Reys fingers cauterized them with each of their cigarettes.
- The Imp: Rey is literally an imp; the lower race of demons that make up the minority of the Underworld.
- Intimate Hair Brushing: A not so intimate example as this is one of the many things Rey does to Rouge to keep her dolled up and pretty for Neo.
- Killed Offscreen: Rey's death at the hands of his master Neo is implied to be a gory one with his bloody crown brooch confirming it a few chapters later when Neo reveals it to Kazuki.
- Love Martyr: Wholeheartedly believes that his master Neo can do no wrong. This is made absurd when Rey gets angry at Rouge when she stood up for him after Neo had punched him in the face.
- Madness Mantra: In Chapter 23 Rey's mind goes haywire at the thought of his first time being with his beloved master and begins internally repeating the word love.
- Meaningful Name: Rey is Spanish for king.
- Multicolored Hair: His hair is a dull blonde color that has a silver tuft of hair protruding from the right side of his bangs.
- Never Be Hurt Again: Was promised this by Vincent.
- The Nose Knows: Rey has a very keen sense of smell and becomes disgusted when he finds out how much Kazuki smells exactly like Rouge.
- Older Than He Looks: Justified. Due to his imp blood, he looks like a preteen despite being 23.
- The Power of Hate: The emotion that fuels his Breacher Palm.
- Power Palms: His Breacher Palm.
- Psychopathic Manchild: Reverts back to his old puerile self when around Rouge just to get under her skin as he believes that shes just an imposter sent by the gods to test his willpower and that the real Rouge actually did die on that horrible night.
- Sanity Slippage: His broken mental state begins to worsen exceptionally with the return of his sister Rouge.
- Scars Are Forever: Rey has a long scar going across the bridge of his nose and on the left side of his lip from the abuse he faced during his youth on the streets.
- Sole Survivor: Of the Bellerose family massacre 15 years prior to the start of the story.
- Street Urchin: Rey lived on the streets before being adopted by Casimir.
- Sweet Tooth: Justified. He developed one from being around Rouge who was a big sweet eater herself.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Macarons!
- Tragic Keepsake: The gold crown brooch he wears on his collar was a gift to him from Rouge since she always loved to dress him in cute clothes
- Trauma Button: To anything related to the tragedy that claimed the lives of his adoptive parents and sister.
- Undying Loyalty: To Neo.
- Used to Be a Sweet Kid: Which makes Rey's new psychotic personality so much harder for Rouge to accept.
- Woobie, Destroyer of Worlds
Debut: Cerberus High Chapter 15
Lita is a character featured in the Underworld Arc. She is a twenty-five-year-old demoness who serves under Neo D. Fowler as a member of the Viscera Purgers.
Whatever your goal is youll never achieve it because Kazuki and his friends will be there to stop you!
Click here to see Lita's old design
Debut: Cerberus High Chapter 19
Akuji is a minor antagonist in the Underworld Arc. He is a twenty-five-year-old demon who serves under Neo Delwyn Fowler as a member of the Viscera Purgers anarchist group. He was brought into the organization from the same orphanage as Lita.
Debut: Cerberus High Chapter 16
She is a 15-year-old demoness who is the youngest member of the Viscera Purgers with her being just 2 months old when the purgers of the old generation took their own lives in a ritualistic suicide.
Vincent Fowler is the late father of Neo D. Fowler and the first generation leader of the Viscera Purgers anarchy organization that was founded 2 decades before the events of the actual story. He sought to better The Underworld by wiping out all of Hadess archdemons whom he believes are holding him back from creating a utopia. Near the end of his reign as head, Vincent began recruiting orphaned children to replace the old generation since he believed their purity would serve as the foundation of his new world.
Nadia Edwards is the late mother of Neo Delwyn. Fowler and a former maid
of Casimir Bellerose. She quits her job after finding out shes pregnant with Vincent Fowlers child Neo at the age of nineteen.
- Crocodile Tears: Nadia weaponizes her tears to make her son Neo take pity on her so he could lift the curse. She stops crying for a second to smirk at this fact.
- Dirty Coward: Fled the organization right before the ceremony which required all purgers over the age of 13 to take their lives via poison to pave way for the new generation to be the engineers of the new world. Those who didnt go along with the ritual would be cursed for the rest of their lives by the ghosts of their deceased brethren.
- Fake Pregnancy: Blurted out that she was pregnant when Neo was about to kill her. However, this only further enraged her son who felt like she had abandoned him. Neo then cut her open to extract the "parasite" from her only to discover that she had lied about her pregnancy.
- Gutted Like a Fish: After killing her this way, Neo searched in her open cavity to see if she was pregnant.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: Neo killed her with her own daggers.
- Dual Wielding: Her Weapon of Choice is two daggers she keeps in thigh holsters hidden under her skirt.
- Improbable Age: She was the former head cook of the Bellerose household at age 16.
- In the Hood: Was the hooded person who killed Rouge 15 years ago.
- MayDecember Romance: Had a fling with Vincent who is 23 years her senior.
- Meido: Formerly.
- Parental Incest: One-sided. She was oblivious to her sons lust for her to the very end.
- Peek-a-Boo Corpse: Her corpse had been sitting inside of Neos closet for years without anyone knowing until Rouge made the unfortunate discovery.
- Posthumous Character
- Strong Family Resemblance: Looks just like her son Neo.
- Supreme Chef
- Wight in a Wedding Dress: Neo dressed Nadia's corpse in a wedding gown and still wore it when she was brought back as a grotesque zombie in Neo's Forever-Still Space.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Shares her son's green hair.
Hades and Archdevils
Hades is the demonic god of the Underworld. He created Kazuki Akais body to be the human vessel to harbor Rouges soul when she reincarnated in the Overworld.
One of the seven archdemons of the Underworld God Hades. Casimir Bellerose is the late father of Kazuki Akais past life, Rouge, and the adoptive father of Rey.
Darcy Cadmus is a Posthumous Character
who served as one of Hades's seven archdemons alongside Rouges father Casimir Bellerose. He often criticized Casimir for his unorthodox ways as he had a strong adherence to anything that tarnishes the name of Hades.
The deceased mother of Rouge Bellerose.