Return to the main character index here.
Albert Lowell (Diplomatic Immunity/Dippy)A licentious Alliance Diplomat, and operative working for the clandestine operations division of the Alliance Intelligence Services, and does whatever he can get away with on the side.
- Artificial Limbs: Right shoulder and arm are cybernetic, covered with flesh to look normal.
- Berserk Button: Don't call him a politician. He is a civil servant, damn it!
- Boldly Coming: Regardless of species, he greets most people by proposing a date and a [redacted] afterwards.
- Depraved Bisexual: Arguably zigzagged, as Dippy's partners often act as Morality Pets and his promiscuity isn't always used to underscore any evil actions that he undertakes.
- Even Evil Has Standards: His depravity applies to nearly Anything That Moves, but he is above propositioning children (aside from engaging in The Jailbait Wait for older teenagers) and nonconsensual encounters.
- Overt Operative: While he denies it, it's pretty obvious that he is more than a simple bureaucrat.
- Really Gets Around: Reconstructed; other users often bring up how his willingness to sleep around would ordinarily result in a host of STDs and, in the case of quarians, the possible death of his partners. His typical response is an extensive list of the various precautions that he takes to protect himself and whomever he is sleeping with.
- Spock Speak: Doesn't use contractions in his speech or text unless he knows the person he is communicating with very well (generally this means he has slept with him or her.)
Lynn Conway (Lynn o Cymru)A C-Sec Enforcement grunt currently based on Bachjret Ward. After serving several years with the UK Royal Military Police on Earth, Lynn was accepted into C-Sec to help fill the manpower shortage following the geth attack.
- Interspecies Romance: Is in a relationship with the turian Callius Nerva, himself a C-Sec officer working for their Network Division. Has recently upgraded to Happily Married following the war.
- Last-Name Basis: As a formality issue, she chiefly refers to others, aside from her friends, by their last name and honorific.
Tomaz'Schadl vas RadwafQuarian pilot residing in the Flotilla, having finished his Pilgrimage.
- Good Is Not Nice: Has a rather extreme view on what should be done to traitors of the Migrant Fleet.
- Noble Bigot: He is a rather nice, law-abiding, helpful person... unless you're an Exile or Geth.
Kayana Pesh (Capice)
- Berserk Button:
- The Compact, especially the compacting of young drells to make them child assassins.
- The desire of many aliens to lick drell for cheap thrills is also this; many are the times in which Capice has vehemently insisted that, no, it is not alright to casually ask a drell if you can lick them.
- Conspiracy Theorist: A former reaper conspirationist that got on everyone's nerves. When she was proven right when Earth burned, her first reaction was to point out that, yes, she was right after all.
- Doomed Hometown: Was raised in an independant Drell colony. When the more militant Drell Liberation Front took over, many died, including her family.
- Little Miss Badass: Even though she's rather young and small, she's extremely muscular and a proficient martial artist. She's also a former N7 ireggular and a London veteran. Thugs who mistake her for easy picking tend to end up in a great deal of pain.
- Soap Box Sadie: Is a fervent drell activist, and often take younger kids under her wing. Unfortunately her lack of patience and subtlety often gets in the way of results. Before that she was militant for AI rights.
Kolya Wright (Human Quarian)A 'culturally confused' twenty-something human who grew up on the Citadel and has now returned after spending two years travelling around human colonies in a effort to get to know his species better.
- Gene Hunting: Subverted in that while he's currently trying to track down his Missing Mom, he isn't hoping for a family reunion and just wants to know why she sent him away when he was six. Has since been resolved in a way that made him wish he hadn't bothered. To put it bluntly, she was getting rid of a 'mistake' and doesn't want to see him or hear from him again because he might 'ruin her life'.
- Has Two Daddies: Technically it was more like 'one daddy and one uncle' and it was only for four years of his life, but it still counts.
- Interspecies Friendship: With Lupin (who's a quarian). Kolya has also mentioned that his childhood best friend was a drell.
- Mr. Fixit : His uncle was a quarian. Said quarian regarded the ability to repair pretty much anything as a life essential and ensured that Kolya had it.
- Multiethnic Name: Russian first name, English surname, due to his father changing the latter from the very Russian 'Volkov' when he got custody.
- The Nondescript: Is actually described as such, a fact which he's used to his advantage at least once.
- Pardon My Klingon:
- He was mostly raised by his father's quarian flatmate. This has had a number of effects, the most obvious one being that the words 'bosh'tet' and 'keelah' have become permanently embedded in his vocabulary.
- Has been using a lot of mixed-species swearwords recently, mostly aimed at Cerberus.
- Parental Abandonment: His mother handed him over to his dad when he was six and he hasn't heard from her since then. His dad went off to play merc when he was ten and never came back. Thankfully he had an Honorary Uncle to act as a Parental Substitute.
Stezenyn (kahjeforeternity)A hanar shopkeeper who's currently living on the Citadel. Is quite curious about other species.
- Nice Hat: Has at least two of them, the usual one being a top hat, despite being a hanar and therefore lacking what most species would consider a head. So far he has had avatars of him wearing a top hat and a military cap. He has also worn a monocle, a cowboy hat, and a wizard's hat.
- The Reveal: He revealed his Soul Name to Allison Drew.
Halley Lacaille (CelestialPalette)A 27-year-old human biotic artist/bartender who recently moved to the Citadel from Amaterasu.
- The Bartender: Claims its a hobby with a steady paycheck.
- Combat Stilettos: Upon realizing she's being attacked, her first reaction is to kick her attacker between the legs while wearing high heels.
- Daddy's Girl: Only child, and very close with her (overprotective) father.
- Fake Memories: In the Biotic Salvation arc, the Big Bad hypnotises Halley and gives her one of these.
- Flair Bartending: Highly skilled in flair bartending - with a biotic twist.
- Military Brat: Her father's been an officer with the Alliance Marines since before she was born. In the Blood, apparently.
- Obfuscating Stupidity: Graduated magna cum laude with a degree in Psychology, yet you'd almost never know it.
Kyr (Kyman201)An elcor ex-mercenary and former soldier. Has recently joined up with C-Sec.
- Berserk Button: Despite being rather even-tempered, Kyr seems to get annoyed when things go poorly, and when people mess with his guns. Not so much due to personal attachment, but because recalibration and repair can be tough.
- Big Freaking Gun: He's mentioned with pride that one of his favorite weapons is a scavenged forward cannon from a turian fighter.
- Good Old Fisticuffs: Kyr, to date, has been a part of three minor plotlines that have involved combat. And every single one has involved him punching a krogan.
- Nice Guy: He may be able to break you in half with a gesture, but he's a laid back and relaxed sort out of combat.
- Real Men Wear Pink: Despite being able to fight off a krogan battlemaster, Kyr has mentioned that he collects plushies.
- Remember When You Blew Up a Sun?: Even joining C-Sec hasn't let him taking on a Krogan battlemaster fade, as apparently some of the other officers heard about it, and one asked Kyr point-blank about it.
Fadil Mahd (All My Fornax)An, "Executive Assistant" to Zoftan. Bit of a flirt.
- Addiction Displacement: Used to be addicted to red sand, now drinks like a fish and engages in promiscuous behavior when he can get away with it.
- Bookworm: Fadil loves books, but doesn't necessarily read a lot; he more or less collects books because they're a novelty.
- Character Tics: Rubs his birthmark, folds his hands in front of his face, adjusts his clothes.
- The Dandy: He isn't intensely flamboyant, but very concerned about his presentation, no matter where he's going.
Alex Parker (Alex the Supercop)A 21-year-old man from Earth that gave up a future career in the police force to come live with his family on the Citadel. Dreams of joining C-Sec to continue his career in law enforcement. Near-incapable of being serious, yet nothing is more dear to him than his sister. Heaven help you if you touch her.
- Angst Coma: After All That Remains. He comes out of it to escape from hospital.
- Big Brother Instinct: To his sister, Kate. Messing with her doesn't put you in a good place with him.
- Bi the Way: In a possible discussion of the trope he's just as confused as everyone else. May overlap with If It's You, It's Okay.
- Breathless Non Sequitur:Alex: You know, I think you won the lottery, boyo. Sure wish I had biotics right now. Might help with a couple of things. Am I annoying you? Might be the blood loss. Just a possibility. I am just bleeding everywhere... Could someone get me a towel?
- Casual Danger Dialog: Will not shut up, even in a firefight.
- Chronic Hero Syndrome: Deconstructed to hell and back in and after All That Remains. Reconstructed in Dispossession, where Davril proves to Alex that he does care about his sister, despite Alex's belief that he merely was an Heroism Addict and didn't care about anyone he tried to help.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Acts cavalier about pretty much everything and insists he won't die because of his Nice Hat.
- Deconstructor Fleet: His overarching story is mostly about how his character traits have been digging him deeper into despair.
- Determinator: In 'All That Remains' he soldiers on despite a deep talon-slash to the forehead and being winged by a shotgun, unarmoured. He's finally put down by a point-blank shot to the stomach.
- Dumb Struck: In his Heroic BSoD, even during a police interview. He manages to speak to his mother, however.
- Expy: A snarkier version of Brother Nier.
- Fearless Fool: Usually the first to put himself on the line.
- Have I Mentioned I Am Heterosexual Today?: Majorly after Dispossession due to Davril hitting on him. Including a nigh-literal Heroic BSoD.
- Heroic Self-Deprecation: Pretty quick to admit wrongdoing, and some of his jokes are directed at himself.
- Land Down Under: Born in Australia. He's used this fact to compare Tuchanka to Australia. And talk about drop bears.
- My Greatest Failure: Not stopping Kate's rape in time. Or her kidnap by slavers.
- Nice Hat: Demanded that he receive one before going on Seamus' expedition. Found one on his own while in Nos Astra, somehow.
- Noodle Incident: Part of his jokes.
- Trash Talk: Admonished a merc after being shot in the shoulder because they missed all the important bits.
Kate Parker (K_O)Sister to Alex, three years younger than him. She hates his overbearing protective nature, and it shows.
- Ascended Extra: Began as a side character for Alex, but got her own account when he left the Citadel on an expedition.
- Bread, Eggs, Breaded Eggs: "I WILL DESTROY IT WITH FIRE AND CHAINSAWS. CHAINSAWS ON FIRE."
- Catchphrase: "Delicious X". Most commonly replace X with 'yaois'.
- Double Standard: Abuse, Female on Male: The way she treats Alex would be downright despicable were their genders reversed.
- Foreshadowing: She often finds herself hungry and has a fast metabolism. She sometimes wakes up to find things in her bedroom have been moved, sometimes violently. And she gets unexplained static shocks. She glows blue at one point, too.
- The Insomniac: Has trouble sleeping due to recurring nightmares.
- Large Ham: Her snarking is often contrasted by SUDDENLY BECOMING VERY DRAMATIC AND ANGRY.
- Real Women Never Wear Dresses: Subverted. She has the hallmarks, but she thinks keepers are adorable and squees madly over My Little Moxie.
- Shout-Out: "Two words; horse porn. All over your omni-tool."
- Single-Issue Psychology: There's the Rape as Backstory, but that's only part of it. The fact that Alex couldn't stop it in time shunted her hard down the Sliding Scale of Idealism vs. Cynicism, and the way she reinvented herself to deal with what happened caused a rift to grow between the two very quickly over the two years since. She secretly feels horrible for treating him so badly, but Cannot Spit It Out. There's also her recurring PTSD nightmares and probable biotic powers.
- Troll: She's actually capable of pulling the trollface in real life!
- Tsundere: She defends Alex, saying he's 'stronger than you think', then says he's a rake with noodle arms in the same post.
- Ugly Cute: Sees Keepers as these. There are records of a C-Sec investigation into someone who tries to put various hats on all the Keepers. She was the prime suspect.
- Yaoi Fangirl: Told Alex she wrote a Shepard/Hanar slashfic. She was lying about that, but she's still a fan.
Kenec'Getha vas Luvshakh nar IblinA young, barely of age quarian, Kenec is in an astonishingly good mood most of the time and very friendly to most everyone he meets. Recently exiled from the Migrant Fleet.
- Abusive Parents: His father regularly did and said horrible, horrible things to him when he got his first suit, and his mother never seemed to want him in the first place.
- Artificial Limbs: His left eye and his left arm.
- Beware the Nice Ones: He's a klutz, and generally a nice guy, but ask Goph what happens if you piss him off.
- Butt-Monkey: Attempted muggings, a failing relationship, slipping into depression, and feels no one really cares about him.
- Genius Ditz: Really quite smart when he wants to be, but this tends to be offset by his general goofiness and innocence.
- The Movie Buff: Owns every single Dirk Black movie ever made. Along with about three hundred and fifty movies of dubious quality.
- Nice Guy: Honestly does try to be the nicest person he can be to his friends. This has taken a toll on him emotionally, however.
- Stepford Smiler: Seems happy, joyous, and just generally peppy. Really feels no one loves or cares about him, and that he'll always be alone in life no matter what he does.
- Unfortunate Names: His ship is called the Luvshakh. Think on that for a moment.
- Verbal Tic: Uses less formal language and a lot more cussing whenever he gets angry.
- "Well Done, Son!" Guy: Really, a lot of his problems could have been resolved if his father just loved him more and abused him horribly a whole lot less.
Alexander Adolrikson (Mombasa Giants Fan)Kenyan Cop. Used to be moustached. Not so bright.
Julian Snow (Snow)Julian Snow is a former Alliance Marine, dishonorably discharged after the Reaper War because of an operation that went horribly wrong against Cerberus on the planet Benning. The entire disaster was pinned on him and he was kicked out unceremoniously. A string of hard times led him to a disastrous illegal salvage operation on Thessia where he was picked yet again by the Alliance. He made a deal to serve a six-month community service at Leaving the Ducts. Hes proven an invaluable ally in the ongoing fight against the gangs threatening the small charity.
- Badass Normal: No biotics, and most Alliance standard mods removed. Snow still takes gangers almost without breaking a sweat.
- Dark and Troubled Past: The Benning disaster obviously, but also Snows past as a ganger. His former comrade Randall loves to rub it in.
- The Dreaded: The red hood, as Snow is known to the gangs. They put a price on his head, but very few people are brave enough to try and collect.
- Fantastic Fighting Style: Snow has been taught Haraba, a batarian hand-to-hand fighting style, and uses it with deadly efficiency.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: As abrasive and taciturn as he is, Snow has a moral compass and stick by it. He wont hesitate a second before putting himself in harms way to protect his colleagues or charges.
- Knight In Sour Armor: Despite everything that happened to him, despite his bitterness, Snow is still sticking to his code.
- Le Parkour: Snow is an experienced parkour artist, jumping from roofs to roofs effortlessly. It helped him staying alive in Benning and harass Cerberus any way he could.
- Shell-Shocked Veteran: Snow suffers from PTSD, left untreated.
Laykalar/Grace Of The Boundless Current (Waves Have Broken)
A young and enthusiastic hanar who set out to discover the galaxy and meet its inhabitants. Everything is a source of awe to him, and he will try to find meaning in the most minute and trivial matters. Hes also completely adorable. Recently joined the Citadel-based charity Leaving the Ducts as an administrative assistant/planner and sometimes teacher to the duct rats.
- Non Sequitur: Sometimes comes out with these, at least from the point of view of others (he's usually misunderstood some aspect of alien language or culture).
- Politeness Judo: When trying to convince a politician to come to a charity dinner, Laykalar ends up talking to the man's staff. They try to get him to leave the conversation, but being too polite he cant do that (or even take the hint). Hilarity ensues as they grow desperate to get rid of him, and he thinks theyre being extra cooperative.
- The Pollyanna: Lost his home during the Reaper War, but through sheer force of enthusiasm and good spirits (plus a little zealotism in how he relates to his favourite philosophers) he maintains a ridiculously sunny outlook.
- Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness: Even for a hanar, Laykalar uses long, convoluted sentences to express himself, all the time.
- Stupid Good: Possibly. Certainly he has no real concept of how there could be a better solution to your problems than spiritual meditation and pleasant communication with others.
- That Makes Me Feel Angry: Has a tendency to do this, since how else is the average non-hanar to understand his emotional responses?
- Wide-Eyed Idealist: For Laykalar, everything has a deep profound meaning, and everyone is a brilliant mind to commune with.
Joset Phraag (Bitterskin)
A recently retired salarian who previously shut himself away from the wider galaxy and is now coming to regret it. He's estranged from his extended family by his own choice, and struggles with a sense of guilt over the whole thing.
- Accentuate the Negative: Is usually moaning. He does see the good side of things, but is so fearful of losing the good that he focuses almost overwhelmingly on what's going wrong (or could go wrong).
- Fantastic Racism: More due to fear and paranoia than malice. Non-Citadel races tend to worry him, particularly the aggressive ones.
- Graying Morality: Is slowly coming to understand (and more importantly admit to himself) that his view of C-Space as benevolent and civilized, in contrast to the supposed Crapsack World of the Terminus, is no longer viable, if it ever was.
- Last-Name Basis: Tends to do this out of cautious formality, including inventing last names based on screen names if he can't find one. Much use of honorifics, too.
- Non-Action Guy: One of relatively few characters with absolutely no combat experience at all. Indeed, he finds physical confrontation of any kind frightening.
- Verbal Tic: Usually throws in a "you know?" somewhere in a given post. Possibly symptomatic of both his rather desperate attempts to fit in and his general caution at reaching out to people.
Xuumo-kalashasi (Slow And Steady)
An elcor whose national pride stands in contradiction to his selfish ambitions. Not as clever as he thinks he is, nor in fact as heartless.
- Interspecies Adoption: His adopted son/junior partner/exploited tool/meal ticket he now wants rid of, Alonso.
- The Omniscient Council of Vagueness: One third of a generally ridiculous private moaning circle of three small-time shady types who call themselves The Council. About the only person to find the name or the idea anything but a source of dismissive mockery is Bitterskin.
- Smug Snake: Slips into this on occasion. Certainly not as clever as he thinks he is by a long shot, but used to feeling subtle and complex in comparison to others due to his elcor heritage.
A formerly retired Krogan mercenary now working for Nikolai as a part of his commando unit.
- An Arm and a Leg: Has a synthetic replacement for his lower left arm and extensive skin weaves, some of the many battle scars he received before his retirement.
- Badass Normal: Doesn't have any biotic potential and relies solely on his strength, cunning and experience to kill his enemies.
- Berserk Button: Do not call him old, mess with his ship, or insult his friends.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Is an incredibly polite krogan, but he spent the last 300 years of his life killing in the name of whoever paid him.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Does this with the child of one of his Krantt, shooting him before beating him into humility.
- Disproportionate Retribution: Shoots a krogan and performs the previously mentioned Curb-Stomp Battle because he called him old and insulted one of his Krantt. Then again, he also tried to take his ship by force.
Prof. Mirala T'Narf (Almost-Matriarch)An asari professor of xenoliterature recently shifted into the matriarch stage of her life. Mother of both Linya and Emile's wife Zelana.
- MayDecember Romance: With Everett Maliezewski - she's easily more than twenty times his age.
- My Species Doth Protest Too Much: Not happy with her fellow matriarchs' insistence on dragging their feet in the face of the Reaper threat.
- Really 700 Years Old: Bang on 700, actually.
- Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness: Complete with relatively antiquated grammar.
- Try to Fit THAT on a Business Card!: "Professor Matriarch Mirala'Kortl M'Tanis T'Narf nar Thessia" - due to her habit of keeping her ex-bondmates' names.
Kari'Zar nar Tasi (Pariah)An angry and bitter quarian exile currently living on the Citadel.
- Berserk Button: She's not fond of C-SEC, due to constantly being charged for vagrancy.
- The Exile: Exiled from the fleet for murdering her captain.
- Fantastic Racism: Not unusual for a quarian, she absolutely despises the geth. After the Reaper War, and the ensuing peace between the machine race and their creators, her loathing and suspicion has only increased. If anything, she is now especially contemptuous of her own species, for lowering themselves to the point of allying with the geth.
- Jerkass: To the rest of the board. It seems to be a dark Running Gag that whenever she shows up, people throwing a "The Reason You Suck" Speech at her.
Raeta'Iral nar RakolA quarian expatriate and member of an activist group devoted to re-facilitating relations between the quarian race and the rest of the galaxy.
- Fangirl: Has gotten into pildavi, an asari sport equivalent to hockey, and is a supporter of the perennial underdog team, the Lymetis Zeolites
- Fantastic Racism: Her opinion towards exiles is not very subtle, then again, it's a common mindset amongst her race.
- Stop Being Stereotypical: Often implores her fellow quarians to get over their persecution complex.
- Wide-Eyed Idealist: Believes that is possible for the quarians to co-exist with the other Citadel races in spite of their past history.
Paroc Didonas (Mexta217)The quiet, inscrutable scout-sniper specialist for the Hammers combat team. Formerly Valrix Trulion of the Hierarchy counter-insurgency unit 'Kexaknus,' a cadre of loyalist extremists, reviled for their brutality and renowned for their effectiveness.
- Cold Sniper: Paroc is an excellent sharpshooter, a ruthlessly efficient killer at range. His sniping of numerous Sundowner rebels on Solregit earned him the moniker of "Dusk."
- Not So Stoic: When Ferrus recited Paroc's personal details right in front of him. The turian was floored by this.
- Ominous Latin Chanting: Though not technically Latin, Kexaknus' motto: "Terius. Naz Ultan, Naz Heyrit, Naz Ro-Chahk, Naz Kexaknus," conveys a similar sentiment, especially since they recite it when executing enemies.
- Terse Talker: Almost always applies, both in person and on the boards, though he is occasionally prone to moments of eloquence and elaboration, depending on the subject.
- Theme Naming: Paroc's callsign in the Hammers squad is "Sword."
- Token Evil Teammate: He's not outright evil, but he's the most ruthless member of the Hammer team, and he's done some pretty nasty things in the past.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: Kexaknus embodies the essence of the trope: loyalists who believe in maintaining the Hierarchy's stability by eliminating separatists and radicals, no matter the cost. Past-tense in regards to Paroc, as he has since moved on from active extremism with the disbandment of Kexaknus, though he is apparently unashamed of his past deeds.
- White Mask of Doom: Has a skull-like tattoo on his face.
Helena Mathioudakis (Muckracker&Alliance Mom)An investigative journalist working for the Future Content Corporation. Currently she's on the Citadel, and has made her mark interviewing some of the members of CDN's jolly community and is currently dating Vohkaidin Knox against typical reporter etiquette. (Never date the sources)
They are now currently Happily Married, and Helena is, for the time being, retired from active journalism.
- Berserk Button: Do not compare her to Westerlund reporters. She hates that.
- Happily Married: With Vohkaidin Knox, with the marriage itself having occurred in the final weeks of the Reaper War.
- Intrepid Reporter: She is hell bent on getting a story, no matter the risk to herself.
- Unwitting Pawn: One particular action she takes to gather information in the Who Goes There 2 story arc sets off a chain of events that kill 40 people on the Citadel in one of the most excruciating ways to die.
Emile Ó BhroinA self-described "paperwork monkey" (despite actual paper being more or less nonexistent in your average workplace), working at the Alliance Embassy. Also a biotic, but doesn't get much use out of it.
- Angrish: Prone to it when sleep-deprived and confronted with those insistent Tupari machines, but one surprised example stands out when his brain tries to get him to say five different things at once in response to his daughter's first word:"Didblirstley jurdwayellshing doomgemnanathade toojfraftree haltelkzewothleyngs?!"
- Beleaguered Bureaucrat: Particularly since the Reaper invasion, since panicked humans have been calling up nonstop desperate for details about their loved ones. He isn't particularly happy about having to tell people there's been no word, but sticks with it to avoid dealing with the same issues regarding his own family.
- Berserk Button: Don't call him "Emily". Or imply that biotics have it easier than most.
- Interspecies Romance: Recently married an asari, who is now pregnant with his child.
- Noodle Incident: His wedding. Certain details are known, like the announcement of his wife's impending pregnancy (thanks to Bizarre Alien Biology) but nobody's yet worked out how the cats figured into it.
- Oireland: Emile's family is based on exaggerated versions of actual Irish people.
Vindetti Guerra (Vindi Detticia)
Vindi is a rebel sniper and former child soldier, whos only recently ventured out into the wider universe. Institutionalized at a very early age, shes both excited and bewildered by pretty much everything.
- Ancestral Weapon: Her grandfather's Sorcerer sniper rifle.
- Disappeared Dad: Her fathers a drug addict and not in the picture.
- Facial Horror: Vindi is missing both her mandibles.
- Friendly Enemy: Who does Vindi pick to be her new best friend? Paroc (Mexta 217), someone who made his career on the opposite side of her war.
- Never Speak Ill of the Dead: Vindi remembers her mother fondly. Never mind that her mother taught a seven year old to be a sniper and took her along two years later on an assassination mission.
- Prison: Where she spent her teenage years.
- True Companions: After her mother was executed and her father abandoned her, she was taken in by Miles Vici and the Fidele clan (Sicarias kinfolk) who have become her new family.
William Lanning (Dekutulla/ProgrammingWithFire)Formerly just a programmer specializing in VI software, William Lanning's grown quite skilled since joining CDN.
- An Arm and a Leg: Had his leg shot off by the Juggernaut on Peaol IV. It was later reattached.
- Kill It with Fire: Enjoys using the Incinerate Mod on his OT.
- The Smart Guy: Can be counted to efficiently utilize and subvert any hardware problems. Occasionally uses these smarts on the battlefield.
Virnius Shin/ Veritas 'Veri' Imperius (ArmaliShin)A biotic turian middle-manager. Orphaned on Illium, he never became a citizen of the Turian Hierarchy and was raised by various street gangs until he was thrown out for demonstrating biotic abilities. He was saved by a slave broker and served a five-year term as an indentured servant before landing a job at the Armali Council.
It is later revealed that this is merely a cover story for his true identity; he is actually Veritas Imperius, the eldest son of Nouveau Riche parents who owned a successful theatrical production company. After deserting the Hierarchy on Shanxi, he tried to bribe his way off-world but couldn't access his parents' money and was made an indentured servant as a result.
- Big Eater: Has a hyperactive metabolism from his biotic powers.
- Closet Geek: A fan of economic theory, math, and extranet gaming. He doesn't take it well when he inadvertently lets it slip that he is a member of the Galaxy of Fantasy fandom.
- Club Kid: Sympathetically deconstructed; his hedonistic lifestyle is largely a result of his attempting to repress his past.
- Double Standard: Rape, Female on Male: Seemingly played straight when he first talks about his indentured servitude period, volunteers the information, and jokes about it. Subverted when it is revealed in a mental monologue how he actually feels about it.
- Lovable Coward: He didn't die on Shanxi; he deserted and fell off the radar until the Hierarchy labeled him as legally dead. This is shown to have consequences in his personal life, but he is still able to find sympathy from close friends and personally comes to terms with his mistake.
- Sherlock Scan: Especially adept at reading body language and small nuances. Although he possessed a basic form of the talent naturally, it wasn't until he began researching the subject that he became competent. Occasionally swings around into the realm of parody; his scans require him to focus on one object, often making him react with shock to sensory input from anything else that he's not focusing on.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Dextro-formulated varren skewers.
- Yaoi Guys: With Idem. He's a sasoi subtype of uke.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: He has a dyed cyan fringe.
Issac Jones (GoneRampant)A former Alliance Sentinel who runs an electronics shop on the Citadel with some people he met during the Reaper War.
- Action Survivor: Got through most of the Reaper War without serious injuries, although he does attribute this to them simply not getting involved in many fights due to a mix of timing and luck.
- Badass Bookworm: Comes with the territory of being a Sentinel and running an electronics store.
- Berserk Button:
- He doesn't like bigots following the Reaper War, pointing out that the galaxy united to fight the Reapers, so why would the bigotry continue?
- In a less serious manner, he doesn't like children using their parents to buy them violent games- his first post on CDN was warning them that he was ex-military.
- Deadpan Snarker: Can be snarky when dealing with customers. Most of the time, he does enjoy his job, though.
- Shout-Out: A meta example- his portrait on the forum is of Okabe from Steins;Gate.
- Tap on the Head: Deconstructed- a husk "Braining" him during the Battle of Earth knocked him out for several months.
- Too Dumb to Live: The reason said "braining" happened? He bum-rushed a collection of Marauders and Cannibals, simply because he had a Tech Armour ready to detonate and a shotgun. That's it. He lampshades this when he actively wonders how he's still alive.
Faena T'Remi (asari ex commando)A 493 year old former Asari Commando.
- Character Tics: Running a hand along her crests, rubbing her temples.
- Crazy-Prepared: Has been known to occasionally wear her old commando armor underneath her casual clothes.
- Fantastic Fighting Style: She's a retired commando, so she knows several different forms of asari martial arts.
- Has Two Mommies: She's a pureblood Asari, but she doesn't know it. She actually thinks that her father was a Turian, due to the fact that her mother has been lying to her for her entire life.
- Interspecies Adoption: She has a human son. Well, stepson, but still.
- Interspecies Romance: Her two bondmates have been Turian and Human, respectively.
- My Greatest Failure: Being unable to stop the Reapers from mortally wounding her sister.
- Rape as Backstory: Attempted rape, but she managed to escape before anything happened. It's her main reason for becoming a commando.
- Really 700 Years Old: She's nearly 500.
- Statuesque Stunner: She is a 6'1" Asari. Due to the fact that she likes to keep fit, she's even managed to keep the body of a maiden half her age.
- Veteran Instructor: She served for 250 years as an Asari Commando before retiring. Now she trains them. Occasionally.
Captain Thomas Carmichael (Polaron)Captain of the Alliance heavy cruiser SSV Indianapolis, Thomas Carmichael is a native of Earth and a survivor of the Battle of the Citadel. Unfortunately, his time spent on the edges of human space fighting slavers and pirates, combined with seeing Sovereign cut a sizable hole in the human fleet, has made him somewhat jaded and bitter. If he manages to shape up, he'll probably make an excellent starship captain someday.
- Big Damn Heroes:
- His ship was part of the Alliance's reinforcements during the Battle of the Citadel.
- His rescue of Gunny Tritt's squad also qualifies, being as last-second as it was.
- Death from Above: Specializes in this, being captain of a half-kilometer-long cannon with engines attached.
- Fantastic Racism: While he is fully supportive of the Council and humanity's place in it, he still seems to enjoy needling the turians.
- Gunship Rescue: Provided orbital assistance when Gunny Tritt's unit was in danger of being overrun by a group of Blue Suns.
Flower (WildeFlower)A thirteen-year-old human duct rat. Also a biotic.
- Badass Adorable: Her biotics ain't just for show... This was proven when she sent a full grown turian flying with a biotic push only three days after getting her implants.
- Fantastic Racism: Sort of. She has a phobia of asari, but refuses to explain more than the fact that one hurt her once.
- Happily Adopted: Her turian guardian made his parental figure status official.
- Heartwarming Orphan: Warning: exposure to WildeFlower will melt your heart, no exceptions.
- The Runaway: She first became a duct rat after running away from what she claims was an abusive foster home.
- Snooping Little Kid: She was the "navigator" for her former group of duct rats, and she knows the ducts better than anyone. She also snooped for an information broker for cash for a little while.
- Street Urchin: She's been a duct rat since she was six years old.
- Younger Than They Look: She looks like she's eleven due to years of malnutrition.
Neil DeVoreA Systems Alliance security guard working at Alliance Tower on the Citadel
- Hallucinations: Neil has been diagnosed with paraphrenia which is exasperated if he drinks, in which case he sees dead people, along with people he had connections with in the past and present.
- I Know Karate: Neil has been training in martial arts since he was a child. Specifically self-defense classes. He used what he learned to fend off against a berserking turian serial killer. It served him well.
- Knight Templar Big Brother: When cultists attacked his little sister, he didn't just find the men who hurt her. He systematically dismantled the cult and forced a confession out of the cult leader.
- A Little Something We Call "Rock and Roll": Neil is a musician, and likes earth music, and will if needed share it with the gallaxy.
- Made of Iron: Half gutted and still managed to survive against a rampant serial killer and take down a blood cult.
- Nice Guy: At his core, Neil is a kind and moral guy.
- Non-Idle Rich: Neil grew up with money, he became a soldier because he wanted to protect others.
- Promotion to Parent: After their parents died in the Battle of the Citadel, Neil has had to take care of his little sister.
Gunnery Chief Natalie King (Nat)The First Sergeant ('Top') of Alpha Company, 2/4th Marines. The definition of lifer, she's fought in three wars in fifteen years and bears her new staff position grudgingly. An opinionated sort.
- Bio-Augmentation: Like all Alliance marines, Nat has recieved 'gene-modding' making it possible for her to carry and operate hardsuits and giving her an edge in combat.
- Cyborg: Her left arm and part of her spine have been replaced with cybernetics due to the injuries she sustained during the Battle of London.
- Field Promotion: Becomes Platoon Leader from Platoon Sergeant after her lieutenant gets hit with a Reaper laser. Goes back to being platoon sergeant when First Lieutenant Matthias arrives.
- Fiery Redhead
- Fire-Forged Friends: Originally dislikes First Lieutenant Matthias, to the point of shutting him out of her deal with VolClan, but they eventually become friends of a sort. Just before the drop into London, she even tells him that she was wrong about him. Even years after he's killed, she still occasionally thinks of him.
- Happily Married: Sort of. They're doing their best despite the emotional and psychological fallout of the war.
- Last Stand: Thought Ontarom was going to be this. Averted when the Fleet counter-attacks and rescues what's left of the 1/10th.
- My God, What Have I Done?: After she shoots three of her Marines at Ontarom.
- Semper Fi: Has been with the Alliance Marines since she was eighteen.
- Shell-Shocked Veteran: Despite holding herself more or less together during the Reaper War, the battles of Ontarom and London along with accumulated trauma from her long career have affected her deeply.
- Stuff Blowing Up: Her preferred way of killing things, although no longer a heavy weapons specialist.
- Undying Loyalty: To the Alliance. Deconstructed: her loyalty to the Alliance is a way to cope with her PTSD and is slowly exacting a toll on her post-war, especially after Lieutenant Tritt is scapegoated for a civilian riot on Eden Prime.
Michael Cline (Lode)A former Alliance Marine, and veteran of the Skylian Blitz. Now works as the Chief Weapon and Vehicle Restorer at the United North American War Museum in Ottawa.
- Canada, Eh?: While born on Mars, both of his parents were born in Ottawa. Hence, he considers himself Canadian by proxy.
- The Engineer: Served in the Alliance as a Combat Engineer.
- I Call It "Vera": Very attached to his tools, especially his crowbar, which he named Gordon.
- Non-Human Sidekick: Either his assistant Fayad'Trodo nar Canton, or his pet varren Urz.
- Tank Goodness: Works with tanks on a regular basis as part of his job.
Juhani Ragum (formerly Alavirta) (hammers-sickles/hierarchy_dad)Earthborn university student, who later moved onto Citadel after getting a job as paid intern at Systems Alliance embassy (and got fired from it after attempting a defection to the Hierarchy). Likes aliens. Too much for his own good. Was married briefly to a turian Hot Librarian.
- Anything That Moves: Slept with a quarian once, and had a krogan and turian guys for regular bedbuddies. Fantasizes about krogan ladies, and was married to a turian girl. Is starting to turn into a case of Guilty Pleasure.
- Bi the Way: Juhani doesn't discriminate by gender.
- Let's Play: Briefly did one himself on an Ace Combat expy.
- Men Don't Cry: Averted. He lets those tears come alright after being mauled in the hospital with Kate witnessing them.
- Papa Wolf: Mess with his adopted daughter and you will regret it.
- Stealing from the Till: Guilty of tax evasion towards the Hierarchy.
- Turn Coat: Ended up playing for the turian side after being approached by Alliance intelligence while on an embassy job. As expected, made him lose his job.
Harrad Illum (Harrad_01)Turian pilot, father, and all-around nice guy. Ridiculously nice guy.
- Ace Pilot: If placing second in a race filled to the brim with professional racers is any indication.
- All a Part of the Job: No, really: he works for a crisis relief organization.
- Casual Kink: Occasionally seen going to bondage exhibitions with his husband.
- The Conscience: Long-considered the board's moral center.
- Noble Bigot: He usually does a good job of keeping his prejudice under control, but when under stress, his negative feelings about krogan bubble to the surface. He does have reasons for his prejudice, having been through a military stint in the Tuchanka DMZ and being held hostage (and subsequently shot in the leg) by krogan.
- Straight Gay: If it wasn't for pronouns, you'd never know.
Daia Caran (SteelUnifier)Daia Caran is what some would describe as the quintessential turian. Honourable to almost a fault, she's a staunch supporter of the Hierarchy's politics. While not very willing to adjust her current views, she is willing to make concessions about some of her races habits. She currently works as a military VI engineer and is hopelessly in love with cinema.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: She's very insistent that Gat is a terrible person and that she absolutely is not interested in him whatsoever. Some would say a little too insistent.
- Fantastic Racism: While generally accepting of other Citadel races, she absolutely despises batarians, krogans and vorcha.
- Honour Before Reason: Her upbringing brings this up in her every now and then. She's a firm believer in an 'eye for an eye', even when it's an irrational or impractical course of action to take.
- The Movie Buff: Outside of VI coding, she's a big fan of film and prides herself on her knowledge of movies.
- Noble Bigot: She tries to be as friendly as possible to people. That is, if you're not a batarian, vorcha or krogan. Then she starts getting irked.
- Wrench Wench: To an extent. She's not much of a mechanic, but she knows a lot about VI engineering and will talk about it to anyone who listens.
Everett Maliszewski (Son_of_Orion)An Alliance combat engineer turned C-SEC officer turned elite Hammer operative turned mercenary turned Alliance again. Everett has a strong sense of justice, and he is convinced that he can help make the galaxy a little safer for law-abiding citizens. Nowadays he worked freelance with Elara T'Meyra until WHO GOES THERE 2 came around.
- Attack Drone: He can summon one, though it can also function as a Surveillance Drone if stealth is required.
- I Call It "Vera": Sky-Eye, his Attack Drone. Not to be confused with the member known as SkyEye.
- Manly Tears: He shed a few when the Hammers rescued dozens of civilians from a buried bomb shelter on Taetrus.
- The Mole: At the end of WHO GOES THERE Chapter 1, it's revealed that Everett was ordered by Maximillian van der Trask to copy the contents of Mor Ortlo's OSD onto his omni-tool and hand the information over to him. However, he stopped himself at the last second, since he was in the freaking salarian embassy at the time, and he'd be betraying Aphin by doing so.
- Rouge Angles of Satin: Suffers from this in "So a Krogan Walks Into a Bar..." when he attempts to contact Asharia via text after drinking two shots of batarian ale and eating krogan food.Everett: ashria/sick/tuhaka's deligt/zakra ward/hlep
- Shell-Shocked Veteran: He fought in the Eden Prime War. Everett's case isn't as severe as some other veterans, but bringing up the war around him can some bad memories to resurface, dragging down his mood in an instant.
- Theme Naming: Everett's callsign was Anvil.
- This Is Unforgivable!: He despises slavery. Orion is completely unsympathetic to any slaver, regardless of their intentions.
- Turn in Your Badge: Though he wasn't fired from C-SEC; he quit, after his superior condoned the usage of torture as a means to extract information from a suspect.
Second Lieutenant Sarah Thompson (VigilantVanguard)An ex-Cerberus vanguard who left after seeing the horrors of their actions, she gave all the information on Cerberus she had in exchange for Alliance pardoning. Currently lives on the Citadel with her wife and works as an Alliance desk jockey.
- Child Soldiers: Trained from 13 for biotics, then picked for Cerberus at 17.
- Et Tu, Brute? : When an old enemy of Sarah took Christina hostage after the two had a major fight, she gave away her wife's position with little resistance. Christina is now in jail and Sarah is alone to raise their baby.
- Faking the Dead: Faked her own death to get away from Cerberus.
- Heel Realization: Realizing when Cerberus' intentions weren't in the best interests of humanity.
- Laser-Guided Amnesia: Doesn't remember much of her childhood because of Cerberus messing with her memories.
- Noble Bigot: "If I'm still stuck in a pro-human agenda, I'm sorry. It's how I was raised. I can't escape it. I want to help those who want to make amends. I know there's wrong and I know there's madness going on out there but I'm not a part of it.. I'm a terrorist. But I'm a terrorist trying to fix things."
First Lieutenant Devora Brukhis (Bat Olam Adom)A first-year cadet at the Alliance Military Academy on Luna. A native of Mars, her mother is the mayor of the city of Acheron. She was on Grissom when the Reapers attacked, and was subsequently given a field commission and assigned as ATO aboard the SSV Jerusalem, part of the Eighth Fleet. After the battle of Ontarom, she got bumped up to 1st Lieutenant, taking over as tactical officer. She also learned that she was pregnant with a daughter. She's now returned to Mars, helping with the cleanup effort.
- Babies Make Everything Better: After the first battle of Ontarom, Devora was suffering from morale issues, due to seeing her CO and immediate superior killed in front of her, along with nearly half the Eighth Fleet's strength destroyed in battle with the Reapers. Then she found out that she was pregnant, and promptly turned into a Mama Bear.
- Badass Creed:
- We fight until we die.
- Her preferred prayer when entering battle: Master of Legions, grant me the swift destruction of my enemies.
- Berserk Button:
- Do not question her integrity, or imply that she is not fit to serve in the Alliance.
- Since the Reaper invasion started, trying to recruit for Cerberus will also set her off.
- Disappeared Dad: Devora's father committed suicide when she was young. She's resentful of him, as his death brought nothing but pain for his family.
- Enemy Mine: As of the Reaper invasion, she now considers her enemy Velor as an ally - not only is he also working to fight the Reapers, but he's even delivered supplies to the Eighth Fleet.
- Field Promotion: Of the more organized variety. The Alliance has suffered catastrophic losses, and Devora - a mere first-year cadet - found herself elevated to the rank of 2nd lieutenant. She was later brevetted to 1st lieutenant when she became the tactical officer.
- Friendly Enemy: Her and Velor Vedevix. She won't ignore the crimes he has committed, but she does respect him for his skills and general competence.
- I Call It "Vera": Has named the Jerusalem's main gun "Samson".
- Mama Bear
- Meaningful Name: Devora was a biblical prophetess who fought in war.
- Pregnant Badass: Will be remaining at her post while pregnant.
- Religious Bruiser: Becoming this. Originally, Devora was a practicing Jew, if not particularly pious. After the fall of the Hegemony, she began praying on a regular basis.
- Someone to Remember Him By: Subverted. She was the one who left for war, not knowing that she was pregnant. Played straight in that he died before they found out (specifically, in the Cerberus attack on Grissom).
- Teen Pregnancy: She was 19 when she got pregnant, and it was a case of her fooling around without protection. However, unlike many teen moms, she is fully capable of supporting her child.
- Theme Naming:
- Uses words with religious connotations as code words, like "Altar" or "Priest".
- She also likes naming Reapers after Biblical villains.
Nikolai Aleksanders (Mr_Sandman)Some bits and pieces relevant to the forum's current, resident suit.
- Consummate Liar: Quite a prolific one actually. The man gives nothing away, if he can help it.
- Cyborg: Has extensive augmentations.
- Faux Affably Evil: On the surface, quite charming and sophisticated, and often uses it to make him appear quite rational. When properly pushed however...
- Karma Houdini: Thus far, Aleksanders has avoided any particularly negative consequences for his extremely heinous actions.
- Mega-Corp: Titan, the company he resides over, has pull in both Terminus and Citadel Space. Their corporate armies, general lack of ethics, questionable experiments, and household name paints them as a classic Megacorp.
DavrilFormerly of the Blue Suns, Commander Davril was employed by a volus businessman as the XO for his cruiser. He had the misfortune to be on the ship when it was stormed by an army of krogan, led by Mellas.
Currently the CEO of a small private mercenary outfit, Single Order Solutions, as well as the commander of a small fleet of warships.
- The Alcoholic: Claims that it began with simply drowning his sorrows, but the habit stuck.
- An Arm and a Leg: Both were destroyed beyond repair during the attack on the MSS Talis Fia.
- Blood Knight: He loves the thrill of taking another sentient life. This and his Lack of Empathy might be related to his time as a Child Soldier.
- Child Soldier: Enlisted with the Blue Suns at age fifteen. The mercenary outfit he had been with for at least five years prior had been disbanded.
- Creepy Monotone: Invoked. Davril has cultivated an upper-class accent and talks in monotone for the express purpose of unnerving people.
- Domestic Abuser: Responded to Alex`s refusal to move by violently slamming him against a wall and ordering him to leave.
- Hired Guns: Specifically a Bounty Hunter and Professional Killer, and currently the head of a Private Military Corporation.
- Lack of Empathy: Disempathetic sociopath; only holds empathy for a close circle of friends and family.
- Manipulative Bastard: Helped Alex with his problems solely to amuse himself, and threw him out when he lost interest.
- Wouldn't Hurt a Child: Shows a conditioned drive that prevents him from harming children or allowing them to come to harm.
The BossThe founder and effective supreme commander of Sarona Bounty Hunter Network.
- BFG: Carries the Ripper, a heavily-modified machinegun.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: There are very, very few people who know his real name.
Specialist Team PrimeThe third-best team in SaronaNET (the other two are simply called 'Badass Team Prime/Subprime').
- Badass Crew: Despite the better teams being called 'badass', they still qualify. It's implied that if you can keep them working together, they're nearly unstoppable.
- The Fellowship Has Ended: They broke up for quite some time, though they kept working for SaronaNET.
- Five-Man Band:
- The Captain: Modem. She usually ends up commanding the team when they're together.
- The Lancer: Victor. Occasionally refereed to as 'Number One' by Modem, since she trusts him the most with getting the job done.
- The Smart Guy: Tracer T. He's not savant-grade, but he's a very good hacker.
- The Big Guy: Wise Bomber. Comes with being a krogan and an explosives specialist.
- The Chick: Mira, to a degree. She tends to keep everyone working together.
Modulator_Demodulator (Modem)An asari vanguard who lived on a human colony for quite some time; currently working as a bounty hunter for SaronaNET. Modem's also rather unusual because of her height: 6'11". Though cynical, she does her best to clean up the scum of the universe.
- Action Girl: Comes with the job description. She's been described as "Samus Aran meets Adam Jensen."
- Badass Family: Her mother and grandmother were commandos, her father was a member of the Migrant Fleet Marines, and her grandfather is a krogan.
- BFG: The napalm launcher, especially when loaded with more exotic chemicals. These include gelled piranha solution and chlorine trifluoride (though the latter is rarely used due to how nasty it is).
- Bigger Is Better: Her Nomad is easily twice to three times the size of a Mantis gunship. For comparison, if you removed all the personal stuff she's put into the rear bay, you could just barely fit an M35 Mako in it.
- Blade Below the Shoulder: An HF-Blade, at that; it's built into her cybernetic arm.
- Broken Bird: What Elara's death is starting to show her as. Despite her apparent ability to cope with just about everything, she's internalized a lot of trauma over the years.
- Cool Plane: The Nomad, Modem's gunship. Crosses over with Cool Starship, as it's FTL-capable.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Better than some, but seeing your friend get eaten alive can't be good for your mental health.
- Knife Nut: Only carries one, but the type (a krogan war knife) makes up for it; she calls it the Hellpick, but that name was chosen by the person who forged it.
- Knight In Sour Armor: Mild, but it's there; she often wonders if what she does really matters.
- Megaton Punch: Has focused her biotic power into a punch on a few occasions.
- More Dakka: Her Nomad has a pair of anti-gunship cannons on its wings, as well as nose-mounted and bay-mounted anti-personal machineguns.
- Never Gets Drunk: Sorta; she types almost-perfectly when drunk. Even when drinking Tactical Nuclear Penguin.
- Non-Lethal K.O.: She likes these quite a bit; her stun prod is specifically modified so that striking most species in the back will knock them out with a minimum of damage.
- Noodle Incident: Whatever happened on her long-haul operation, it involved an insane rouge AI and dodging a falling frigate.
- Oh My Gods!: Subverted in that Modem doesn't use Goddess as a swear very much, even though she's an asari. She picked up other swears during her time on a human mining colony. Humorously, she picked up "What the Christ?" somewhere.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Modem's assumed name is Sarah; only her handler, Tracer T, calls her that. Her actual name is Cidea Skamrev, and very few people know that.
- The Prankster: Was this in the past, often focusing on mostly-harmless ones (such as a remote-control toilet on wheels), aided by her unnamed tech-savvy friend.
- Super Mode: Myomer Accelerated Signal Circuitry (MASC). It massively boosts her speed and strength, but can only be used for a few minutes without doing serious damage to her limbs.
- Would Not Shoot a Civilian: However, if said civilian starts attacking her, all bets are off.
MiraA drell infiltration expert.
- Cold Sniper: She's very detached and almost never uses contractions. She becomes more of a Friendly Sniper once you get to know her, apparently.
- The Medic: She knows a lot about species biology, making her both a deadly sniper and a very good medic. Apparently, she passed on some skills to Modem, explaining why she's so deadly with a knife.
- Red Baron: The Ghost of Miaegor. Earned by utterly trashing Baterian State Sec operations on a planet without being detected until the very end (and only because she had to break a ship out of lockdown).
Victor (V_for_Victory)A combat operative, past unknown - at least to the members of CDN. Always wears a face-obscuring helmet.
- BFG: The SP-GRN missile launcher. For comparison, the missile launcher you can use in Mass Effect 2 is an anti-personal/light armor weapon. The SP-GRN is an anti-armor missile launcher, similar in role to the modern Javelin.
- Cool Mask: His mirror-visor combat helmet. Which he never takes off.
- Expy: Of the USEC Marathon's Security Officer/Marine.
- The Faceless: Thanks to his mirror-visor helmet. The important question isn't who is underneath, it's why he does this.
- The Quiet One: A defining trait; he almost never speaks, and when he does it's always through a voice filter.
Wise BomberA krogan EOD technician and explosives specialist.
- Improvised Weapon: Of a sort - 90% of his combat explosives are pipe bombs. Granted, they're loaded with enough explosives to go off like small mortar shells.
- Luckily, My Shield Will Protect Me: His anti-explosive shield.
- Powered Armor: His bomb suit qualifies as such. It's heavily shielded and armored, making him very resistant to anti-personal explosives and even some anti-armor ones.
- Stone Wall: Once he gets into position and deploys his shield/MG combo, he's nearly impossible to get past from the front. It takes anti-tank firepower to do so.
Jaquento Schmidt (Schmidt Solutions)Jaquento is an Operations Chief with the Alliance Navy. He is currently responsible for the Alliance Tower's Electronic and Network Maintenance on the Citadel. Jaquento enlisted a month after the attack on the Citadel. Prior to this, he had job training as a technician for Systems and Devices followed by a BA in Computer Science (VI programming).He went through shortened NCO training, as well as additional training as a Designated Marksman when his Drill Sergeant noticed his good aim.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: A mild verson; Jaquento's method of approaching problems leads him to consider unusual solutions.
- The Chains of Commanding: He has trouble adjusting to his current position as a high-ranking NCO.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Sometimes Jaquento has outbursts of random knowledge on any given subject. His nickname in boot camp was Dr. Seltsam (German for Dr. Strangelove) for this reason.
- Good Is Not Nice: Jaquento holds no pity for those who willingly endanger themselves, and if they get killed while doing so, tough break.
- Gratuitous German: Justified, as Jaquento (and his player) is German, so he likes to employ it whenever he can.
- The Stoic: More often than not. Though he does have feelings, he doesn't express them often.
- The Un-Favourite His relation with his father is basically this (though non-abusive). Jaquento's failure to live up to his dad's expectations led to deep rift between them.
- Weapon of Choice: His Phalanx heavy pistol and his Viper sniper rifle. Both are modded to suit his needs.
Emon Spiza (ESpiza/The_Sarcastic_Salarian)
A shining example of what happens when you "consort" with terrorists, Emon Spiza's life has varied wildly from minor technicial genius to indentured servent, then to glorified secretary, terrorist suspect, minor holovision celebrity, and finally, bartender. He is also one of the only STG members on the board able to keep said membership a secret. He does not suffer idiots well.
- The Bartender: With a helluva big secret in the back room.
- Berserk Button: Claiming the salarians did nothing during the war, or conflating them with their government.
- Character Tics: His right cheek twitches constantly thanks to a medical condition, particularly when under stress.
- Combat Pragmatist: He may be a poor shot, but why try to shoot you in the face when he can trap you in your own deathtrap?
- Drowning My Sorrows: Perhaps inheriting a bar from his mentor after his death wasn't the greatest idea.
- Momma's Boy: Thanks to a very well-developed imprinting at birth.
- No Budget: Required for The Masquerade. When this salarian goes somewhere, he makes damn sure he can afford it.
- Noodle Incident: How he got stuck in the Illium Bureau of Indentured Service in the first place.
- Properly Paranoid: His bar has been destroyed three times in the last two years, [spoiler: the third time thanks to the STG who inducted him during the Final Battle of the Citadel]. Explains why he has hidden security turrets and a massive drone-based security system.
- Shell-Shocked Veteran: Spiza has outlived several of his brothers, colleagues, and mentors, going so far as to save his mentor, Aphin Protretho, from a Reaper-infested facility in the Reaper War. The loss of so many friends, family and colleagues has turned him into a bitter, cold and nearly friendless person.
- Took a Level in Badass: Two years ago, he was afraid of his shadow. Now he openly mocks terrorists (even if only on the extranet).
Sicaria Perihelion (Sicaria Bello)Sicaria "Bello" Perihelion is a hot-tempered turian separatist survivalist from the small agrarian colony of Solregit. She is currently struggling to reconcile her hopes for a more peaceful future with her old loyalties and beliefs.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: The more Sicaria comes to like Keros, the snarkier she gets.
- Call to Agriculture: All Sicaria wants out of life is a farm, a whole bunch of kids, and reasonable assurance that the government will leave her alone.
- Dating Catwoman: Sicaria "Bello" Perihelion and Keros Mehedra. She's a separatist survivalist, he's a Captain in the Turian Hierarchy's Special Forces (recently retired). They fight crime...okay, not really.
- Dirty Business: The Taetrus train bombing, where Sica contributed to the deaths of children.
- Friendly Enemy: Sicaria is on friendly terms (ie. "considers him family") with Harrad Illum, another Hierarchy loyalist.
- A Match Made in Stockholm: Sicaria is rousted from her wilderness survivalist camp by turian soldier Keros Mehedra who, unwilling to shoot her or turn her in, offers to let her stay with him.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: Sicaria feels that joining an armed revolution against the Turian Hierarchy is perfectly justified.
On the surface, an unassuming human woman who runs the Citadel-based charity "Leaving the Ducts", aiding the station's duct rat population. "Michelle Rondor" is actually a fictitious persona, and the woman behind it is (for reasons as yet unexplained) working in the organization of cheerful batarian slaver Bintar Ranak.
- Breathless Non Sequitur: On occasion. She's rather level-headed, but often she's so enthusiastic and welcoming that the words pour out of her, particularly in casual settings.
- Gambit Pileup: Buying into her persona of a slightly distracted, harmless charity worker, other Citadel residents are hatching their schemes under her nose, unaware that she works for Slaves4Us.
- The Last of These Is Not Like the Others: Her initial conversation with Julian Snow, after being left alone with the ex-con after learning that he'd hospitalized four marines."Well please come in, have a refreshment, don't kill me..."
- Life of the Party: Enthusiastic socializing, hitting on her fellow party-goers, singing loudly but without much skill...
- The Mole: Slaves4Us now has an operative on the Citadel itself; "Michelle" reports directly to Bintar.
- Nerd Glasses: One of her quirks is the wearing of large black glasses.
- No Sense of Direction: Immediately apparent in one of her first threads, as she tries to find the apartment she's purchasing from Vigilant Vanguard.
- Running Gag: For her protection in the crime-ridden ward of Tayseri, she's armed herself with a spray weapon. Unfortunately, she purchased it from Jaquento Schmidt. Equally unfortunately, she has no apparent skill in wielding it. So far, she's managed to spray both herself and a friendly priest.
- Unexpected Inheritance: According to her introductory thread, she inherited a lot of money from family members killed in the Reaper War, allowing her to move to the Citadel and set up her charity. This is, of course, a lie.
- Xanatos Speed Chess: After the unexpected arrival of Julian Snow, she reflects on Bintar's advice along these lines; namely, that she should try to turn every unexpected occurrence to her advantage, to roll with the unexpected rather than trying to get the original plan back on the rails. She's doing a reasonable job keeping on top of the wackiness that association with the rest of the CDN cast entails.
Allard KyarlenA strong-willed, idealistic man who is determined to make a difference in the galaxy. He leads the Trask Interstellar Paladins and is the commanding officer of the MSV Utherius. Dies during the Reaper War while evacuating a colony.
- All a Part of the Job: Allard doesn't want recognition or accolades for his efforts, he just wants to do the right thing...well, the right thing and aid donations...and funding.
- An Arm and a Leg: Allard loses the former and most of the latter, both on the left side, after being hit by an anti-tank rocket.
- Artificial Limbs: Received a new synthetic left arm and leg as a result.
- The Captain: Aside from leading the Paladins in general, he is also the squad leader of the Paladins' 'Hammer' combat team, and he commands the MSV Utherius, their home base.
- Cybernetics Eat Your Soul: Before his critical injury, Allard believed in this. As a result, he was scared shitless when he was given the option to recover quickly with the help of cybernetics. Fortunately, this trope is ultimately averted.
- Heroic Willpower: He survived getting half of his body blown off, and he was rebuilt within a week! He even got a few upgrades for it!
- It's All My Fault: For a short time, he blamed himself for the Paladins' expulsion from Taetrus.
- Luckily, My Shield Will Protect Me: He had a huge, high-tech tower shield, until it was turned into shrapnel.
- Rousing Speech: He gives the crew of the Utherius a doozy of a speech before they leave the Citadel to head to Taetrus.Allard: That is our role, as the Paladins of Elanus: we come to guard society and pull it onto its feet, not erect it at gunpoint; to heal and aid, not beat and punish; to go beyond factions and politics, and save all those that we can; to carry onward, when the path seems too grim to follow...for we are the Paladins, and we shall never forget!
- Theme Naming: Each member of the Hammer combat team has a callsign (each named after medieval equipment) that corresponds to their role. Allard's callsign is "Helm".
Sicues NyenaxA barefaced gang leader in Tayseri. He wants Flower in his gang, badly.
- The Caligula: Very rich, and very violent. If you're going to tell him no or make him mad, make sure you're at a safe distance.
- Even Evil Has Standards: Played with - Sicues doesn't allow his organization to deal hard drugs, but he does force dealers to pay his group protection money in exchange for... not dying.
- Street Urchin: He grew up as a duct rat, and returned to his old ward to become a crime lord.
- Tattooed Crook: Sicues makes his mark on all his men.
- Would Hurt a Child: Flower claims to have seen him beating the children in his gang. And what he's recently done to her...
Sanjin Challos (SkyEye)A twenty-odd year old Drell, Sanjin became an air traffic controller after being rejected for the compact. She attempted to join a independent drell colony but was forced to return to the Citadel-with a thirteen year old orphan in tow. Generally outgoing, but reluctant so show weakness, even in her closest relationships.
- Ill Girl: Sanjin has early stage Kepral's Syndrome.
Mor OrtloA volus horror writer of great renown. Also, one of the loudest and bombastic of all the CDN posters.
- The Cuckoolander Was Right: While there are hints of foreshadowing in his increasingly paranoid posting, his Cruel and Unusual Death is what eventually kickstarts the Who Goes There story arc.
- Large Ham: And how.
- Wrestler in All of Us: Mor is, apparently, a bit of a Thunderball (the volus equivalent of sumo) enthusiast.
Anthony "Anton" Dietrich (Dietrich)
A paranoid, argumentative information broker with a sizeable network composed of duct rats, crackers, political aides and several other disaffected members of society. He has a pronounced hatred of politicians and businessmen, as well as a not-so-pronounced dislike of other species and biotics, and will stop at nothing to achieve that which he seeks. Killed during the Reaper invasion of Earth.
- All Germans Are Nazis: Subverted he looks like a stereotypical Nazi, certainly, but is of Iranian origin.
- Badass in a Nice Suit: What else would you expect from an information broker?
- Defiant to the End: Even after being shot, maimed, blinded by his own biotics and possessed by an eldritch fungal being, he still demands a Reaper's attention.
- Electronic Eyes: They glow red in the dark.
- Kansas City Shuffle: His MO depends on keeping everyone off-balance and influencing the movement of information.
- Manipulative Bastard: Plays everyone against each other.
- No Sense of Humor: Has yet to crack a smile to date.
- Politically Incorrect Villain: Refers to aliens by their species, unless its for business. And swears. A LOT.
- Properly Paranoid: He never sticks in one place, and is almost fetishistic in his need for top-level encryption. Given that each and every one of his contingency plans failed on the day of the Arrival, perhaps he had a point.
- Sinister Surveillance: Are you talking on the Boards? Then youre being watched.
- Villainous Valor: Despite being crippled by eezo-based tumors throughout his body, he managed to fight the entire way to his escape shuttles using little more than an omnitool, his pistol, and his similarly-armed IT Security Chief. Too bad things went pear-shaped in the end.
Camille Winston Colter (All_Systems_Green)A corporate agent from Terra Nova. Has worked for several corporations, including the asari Ibanni Inc., Triton & West Dynamics, and CDN's own Trask Interstellar. Killed when the Reapers hit Terra Nova.
- Big Eater: Has a metabolism that would make a salarian proud.
- Canada, Eh?: While he doesn't live on Earth, his family heritage can be traced to the Metis. He was also born in Halifax.
- Embarrassing First Name: Winston is his middle name. He does his very best to conceal his first name. It's Camille.
- Goggles Do Something Unusual: Boy do they ever. Now featuring: Stat-O-Vision, Night-Vision Goggles, Weapon Targetting, and Style!
- The Internet Is Serious Business: To no extreme is Winston a Jerkass, but he is noticeably less mature and tactful over the extranet than in person, where he is generally a completely calm, professional person.
- Jack-of-All-Trades: Has a number of diverse skillsets. Specializes in none of them.
- Never Found the Body: An automated alert signalled his apparent death.
- Real Men Wear Pink: Former ballroom dancing champion.
Gatrinex ArthutanA narcissistic, obnoxious, womanizing fighter ace with a lot of skills and not a whole lot of modesty. Dies burning up in the atmosphere when fighting Reapers.
- Ace Pilot: He's confident in his skills as a pilot, but never let it be said he doesn't have any right to be.
- Even the Guys Want Him: He apparently has a rather significant male... fanbase. To his supposed chagrin.
- Handsome Lech: He hits on virtually any attractive woman he sees.
- Second Place Is for Losers: For Gat, being anything but first is inconceivable.
Kaneel'Jorash nar SombreiA young quarian out on pilgrimage and a student of Davril. Very eager to learn and kick ass and has an ambivalent view of the Migrant Fleet at best.
- Big Fancy House: The apartment he shares with Diplomatic Immunity is more like a mansion.
- Blood Knight: Loves the rush of combat.
- Glass Cannon: Subverted. Can actually take a hit and keep going despite the reputation of quarians.
- Guilty Pleasure: Subverted. Absolutely loves trashy romances, especially Fleet and Flotilla, and is willing to say so proudly.
- The Gambling Addict: To a moderate degree. He's not deeply in debt yet.
- Love Makes You Dumb: Decided helping his not-quite girlfriend, who has no combat skills, stowaway on a mission to a very dangerous planet in large part to impress her.
- Men Can't Keep House: Totally averted. He's quarian so cleanliness is big with him and he enjoys cooking.
- Only in It for the Money: Somewhat averted, he likes the money but is really in it for the thrill of combat.
- Remember When You Blew Up a Sun?: Winston Colter likes to bring up the fact that Kaneel weaponized a shuttle engine.
- Young Gun: Is 17 and has survived employer betrayal, geth, terrorists,parasite-controlled abominations, and an explosion caused by Arla while fighting said parasites.
Idem Quod (TheId)A turian Associate Professor of Human History at the Septimus Oraka Higher Educational Institute on the planet Invictus. A veteran of the First Contact War/Relay 314 Incident, Quod seems like the typical bookish academic...at first glance. Beneath the mask of stoicism, Quod carries deep emotional scars from his wartime experiences, especially from the death of Veri Imperius, a Biotic Cabal recruit.
Has begun dating Virnius Shin, who is actually Veri.
- Celibate Hero: Too focused on academics and work to have any romantic interest...at least until his old flame reappears.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Both the neglect from his father and losing Veri on Shanxi were a lot worse for him psychologically than he typically lets on.
- Heroic Self-Deprecation: Justified by neglect from his father and reconstructed; he sublimates his negative feelings about himself into motivation for his job.
- Ironic Nickname: Perhaps it should be "Superego" instead of "Id".
- Knight In Sour Armor: Doesn't believe that volunteering his time to charity teaching initiatives or speaking out for increased diplomacy will amount to much. Does it anyway.
- Luminescent Blush: Whenever embarrassed, his face flushes with blue.
- Minored in Ass-Kicking: Sure, he's a nerdy academic. He's also a nerdy academic that enjoys martial arts and pistol marksmanship.
- Missing Mom: His mother died when he was a kid.
- Parental Neglect: His father is a severe workaholic who rarely leaves his job.
- Recurring Dreams: Part and parcel of PTSD from Shanxi, though he works through them with the help of other CDN members.
- Sad Clown: Humor is one of his main defense mechanisms against both his own past and the history that he studies.
- Selective Obliviousness: Somewhere deep down, he was aware of Veri's feelings, but essentially willed himself into denial so that he wouldn't have to reciprocate.
- Shell-Shocked Veteran: Generally limits his emotive displays to Gallows Humor and Survivor Guilt.
- Sugar-and-Ice Personality: His warm side is being consciously repressed, and it isn't often that he lets the defense drop.
- Verbal Tic: Often drops "I" or the subject in a sentence if the subject is already well-understood or can be inferred through context.
- Yaoi Guys: With Virnius. He's a mujaki subtype of seme.
Aphin Protretho (The Sarcastic Salarian)A middle-aged salarian who's lived most of his life behind a badge or a rank, Aphin is an atypical salarian with a combat resume as long as your arm. Despite his skills and experience, he nonetheless seems to get (unwillingly) drawn into one dangerous or hilarious situation after another. Aphin is a former STG infiltrator, C-SEC officer and Troubleshooter, and has retired to an unknown planet, presumably drinking shots off asari hookers.
- Action Hero: A slightly more subtle variety, but he goes in with guns blazing in more than one thread on the site.
- Artificial Limbs: His left leg, (blown away by his nemesis, Algar) and his arm (severed at the elbow during the Who Goes There story arc).
- The Bartender: His dream retirement job, now a reality.
- Demonic Possession: By the Eldritch Abomination SAIOCH in the Who Goes There story arc. He got better.
- Determinator: If he's given a goal, he will stop at almost nothing to achieve it.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: He's quite irritable, but he genuinely cares about his friends.
- Private Detective: Took to the role in stride, during the short time he acted as one.
- Retired Badass: Twice over, now, as of the end of the Who Goes There story arc. Came out of retirement one last time for the Reaper War. But decided to disappear midway through the conflict to live out his remaining years in peace.
- Turn in Your Badge: Aphin quit C-sec, came back as an instructor, and finally left once more to be reactivated as an STG for one final mission.
- Unusual Euphemism: "Shrell" being the curseword of choice.
SlellA wealthy hanar with unknown motives and a supply of strange missions.´
- Beware the Nice Ones: When one of his missions exposed Human Quarian to a lot of unexpected blood and trauma, Slell was very sorry and offered a bonus to his paycheck. On another mission though, he ordered the near-complete extermination of any pirates that would attack his cargo ship. The only reason that its not a complete extermination is because he ordered the mercenaries to capture one.
- Mysterious Employer: He hires people, usually but not always mercenaries, to do certain tasks for them and gives little-to-no information about said tasks; just the mission and the payment. The tasks themselves consist of retrieving or delivering packages with mysterious and apparantly envied contents. Lampshaded by those who have worked for him.
Reverend Rakho Shaval (Four-Eyed Freedom Fighter)A batarian slaver-turned-preacher and abolitionist. Also the leader of the White Cloaks, a band of former slaves turned religious warriors who rescue slaves.
- Catchphrase: "DELIVERANCE is at hand!" Can have a double meaning, as his ship is called the Deliverance.
- Expy: Basically the batarian version of John Newton.
- The Heretic: Rakho espouses Rel'Phar, a heretical sect of Kal'Phar, the official religion of the Batarian Hegemony.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: Rakho uses a batarian slaver ship (designed for capturing slaves) in order to free them.
- Ragtag Bunch of Misfits: The White Cloaks are generally lacking in discipline or combat training, being mostly ex-slaves. They do, however, have a clear motivation, a charismatic leader, and a lot of guns.
Nir'Konna vas AgnonQuarian Weapons officer and microbiologist aboard the Agnon
- Did You Just Punch Out Cthulhu?: Got the final blow on a Geth Dreadnought during the battle of Haestrom. She hit the drive core, vaporizing it in a huge explosion.
- Field Promotion: Became the ship's main weapons officer after a simulated geth attack caused a shift in command structure aboard the Agnon.
Tara'Sey vas Deliverance (White Widow)A quarian sniper who was enslaved while on her Pilgrimage, and later rescued by Rakho Shoval. She's now one of his lieutenants, by virtue of already having combat training. She's also responsible for keeping the White Cloaks well-armed. Has now returned to the Migrant Fleet.
- Early-Bird Cameo: Appears briefly in the Siege of Omega thread, before she made an appearance on the site.
- The Exile: Averted - she's still theoretically on her Pilgrimage, just unlikely to return.
- Gun Nut: Is a firearms expert.
- Religious Bruiser: Most notably, follows Rakho Shoval's Rel'Phar faith, not the traditional quarian ancestor-worship.
- The Scrounger: Came up with over 200 guns to bring with her back to the Fleet.
Lupin'Vola nar Farka vas Vesh (Lupine Volt)A young Quarian on his pilgrimage who came to the Citadel. Managed to find work at the Zakera Animal Hospitality Shelter after finding a puppy in a ventilation shaft. Has since been recalled to the fleet with the rest of the pilgrims.
- Cuteness Proximity: To the puppy mentioned, and English Springer Spaniel going by the name of Emmi'Lia nar Zakera.
- Drinking Game: Attempted to create one for the forums. He was incapacitated two posts later.
- Everything's Precious with Puppies: He has currently adopted the puppy he found, and constantly showering her with love and baby talk.
- Naïve Newcomer: Ended up sticking his foot in his mouth when he asks questions about female Hanar, and other various snafoos.
- Took a Level in Badass: Fought in the Geth/Quarian war and perfected "Ghost Ship" signals that managed to distract geth from firing on real ships. Afterwords, assisted the flotilla in the rest of the Reaper wars.
Shan'Wigum vas Jastra nar Ularon (Flotilla_Guardian)A quarian officer and member of the Migrant Fleet Marines, who rejoined the flotilla after his Pilgrimage and joined the crew of the cruiser Jastra.
- Don't Call Me "Sir": Shan isnt very big on the title, but he doesnt object when called sir.
- First-Name Basis: He prefers to go by his name, not by his rank.
- Gun Nut: He has been trained to use various firearms from pistols to assault rifles.
- Screw the Rules, I'm Doing What's Right!: He uses his status as an officer of the Migrant Fleet Marines, to get VikSajee back into the Flotilla after he is initially denied access.
- Space Marine: Shan is a member an officer in the Quarian Migrant Fleet Marines.
- Shotguns Are Just Better: He prefers using his shotgun over his assault rifle or sidearm.
- Why Did It Haveto Be Snakes: Or spiders in his case. According to his Cerberus Dossier, Shan has arachnophobia.
Corvidian Venturus (Venturi_Investigations)A turian private investigator living and working on the Citadel's Zakera Ward.
- Noble Bigot with a Badge: He's a good person most of the time, but he can't stand krogan.
- Noodle Incident: While working on Ilium, he managed to anger the krogan mob, a Corrupt Corporate Executive and a serial killer all at once.
Kira AganorisisA nine year old salarian attending a college on the Citadel's outer Kithoi ward, he is currently studying to become a history major.
- Apologises a Lot: His highly critical view of his own work leads this to often occur alongside It's All My Fault.
- Asexuality: Naturally for a salarian, save for the asari, something that disturbs him. He tries to suppress this as much as possible.
- The Gadfly: Sometimes tries to be the Socratic flavor in debates when bored, but often just ends up making arguments for inherently ridiculous ideas for the hell of it.
- Omniglot: Kira's familiarity with different languages required for his work sometimes leads others to see him as this.
- Renaissance Man: Kira has a wide range of interests, though he would claim that he's not very proficient in any of them.
- Terse Talker: Kira's writing style is this, but his actual speech is more fluid.
- True Companions: Considers his close friends this, and his desire for this is one of the integral aspects of his personality.
SalandriaAn elderly salarian woman who works full-time as a knowledge broker, Salandria's history is that of a distinguished, matronly figure, the salarian having been selected as a possible dalatrass candidate, but ended up turning them down. After putting her time as a merc and a tech expert behind her, Salandria now resides on the Citadel, running a small antiques shop which is a front for a respectable information buying-and-selling business.
- Blind Seer: She's implied that she has ways of seeing the world, despite her current blindness.
- The Engineer: Used to dabble heavily in tech skills when she was a merc, in her youthful times.
- When I Was Your Age...: Invokes this sometimes in arguments with the intention of getting her opponents so bored they'll leave.
Joel NewmanA human film director taking up residence within the Citadel's Kithoi Ward.
- Le Film Artistique: His first film "Upon a Golden Sea" which won him an award was produced on a low budget.
- Sweet Home Alabama: Was born and raised in Texas, and is very proud of his heritage.
David Lawrence (Contributor/Meshakhad)A human marine-turned-CSEC. Lives and works in the Zakera Ward.
Master SylvionLeader of a Tayseri Ward-based gang of young thieves called the Cobalt Cutthroats. It's made up of mostly duct rats, ranging in ages from eight to eighteen.
- Honor Among Thieves: He cares for his gang more than he initially lets on.
- Just Like Robin Hood: His targets dont always entirely deserve it, but he will still insist that his group needs the credits more than the targets did.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: He intentionally keeps tight control over who knows who he really is, only giving out that information to his most trusted allies.
- Tattooed Crook: Subverted. Though he is a turian, he doesnt even have colony markings on his face.
Urdnot-NutanxA krogan merc/criminal who moved to the citadel illegally. "Mostly" reformed, now lives with a quarian and a raloi in Tayseri Ward as a club bouncer. Young for a krogan, (121 years) He spent a century on Tuchanka followed by another 20 on Omega.
- Big Brother Instinct: While not brothers, he's hunted down and hurt/killed almost everyone that has damaged any member of his Krantt.
- Boisterous Bruiser: Only so because he has a tendency to break things, or blow up things accidentally. Also very loud.
ZoftanElcor investment banker who lives on the Citadel. Formerly known as pro wrestler "The Iron Elcor".
- Beehive Barrier: His tie-shield. Also a case of Awesome, but Impractical, as activating the shield leaves him essentially stuck in a kinetic hamster ball.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Very pleasant and mild-mannered, but also quite capable of throwing people around if he absolutely has to.
- Department of Redundancy Department: "Businesslike: This is my business tie. I wear it when I am doing business."
- I Was Young and Needed the Money: His rationale for the pro wrestling. Tuition didn't pay for itself.
Irene Anna Taylor (IreneT8765309)A normal Teenage girl that just moved to the Citadel, and that's pretty much it. Her father is a financial consultant, but he also is an information broker on the side, although she's ignorant of this.
- Age-Appropriate Angst: She's a teenager, so it's to be expected. Although this has only happened once so far when she found out her father is starting to date again.
- Berserk Button: Don't say anything bad about her parents.
- Bookworm: She's mentioned that she's reading The Divine Comedy for fun and that she likes reading Shakespeare.
- "L" Is for "Dyslexia": Has both dyslexia and discalcula.
- Missing Mom: Her mother died in a traffic accident when she was eleven.
Maximillian van der Trask (Ferrus)Founder, CEO and President of the colonial development conglomerate Trask Interstellar. Incredibly wealthy and a devoted husband.
- Arch-Enemy: Could be considered this to Abad Sam-mel after putting an enormous bounty on his head.
- Bad Ass Beard: Max sports an epic, 19th century style goatee.
- Beard of Evil: Said goatee would not look out of place on a Prussian aristocrat's face
- Berserk Button: Say something bad or unbecoming about Reena. See what happens.
- Big Fancy House: Ter Huizen van der Trask, a mansion...on Proteus.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Maximilian is the only surviving member in his family. He has not set foot on Earth in over twenty years and has no desire to ever again.
- Electronic Eyes: The left one. Nearly impossible to notice unless the lights are off.
- Evil Is Deathly Cold: Visitors to Max's office tend to be surprised when they can see their breath in it.
- Evil vs. Evil: Abad Sam-mel's attack on Maximilian's mining colony, and the bounty placed on the former's head as a result.
- Happily Married: For over twenty years if you were wondering.
- Interspecies Romance: Maximilian's wife, Reena'van der Trask vas Makarov nar Radwaf, is a quarian.
- Large and in Charge: The CEO and President is 6'3 and weighs in at roughly 230lb.
- Man of Wealth and Taste: Maximilian is many things, but underdressed is certainly not one of them.
- Meaningful Name: "Ferrus" means "made of iron" in Latin. Maximilian has a metal plate in his head.
- Pet the Dog: He may be a robber baron, but his love for his wife is genuine, he is a generous patron of the arts, and he is loyal to close friends.
- Self-Made Man: A humble miner's son is now one of the wealthiest men in Citadel Space.
- Shout-Out: He's a captain of industry who lives in an undersea city.
- White Collar Crime: Things like bribery, industrial espionage, etc.
- Wicked Cultured: A patron of the arts, a connoisseur of Baroque/Classical music and a sharp dresser.
Phoebe Gardner (MarsGirl2044)A high school girl from Lowell City, Mars, Phoebe is the child of two intellectuals and she turned to be smart in her own right. She finds her home and life extremely boring, so she channels her need for excitement into her writing. Phoebe recently won an academic contest. She writes plays and is a member of her school's drama club.
- Bookworm: If you can name the book, chances are she's read it or at least has heard of it.
- Missing Mom: Her mom stuck around only until Phoebe's Dad was able to completely care for her. This was measured in months.
- The Movie Buff: It's hard to name a vid (or play) she hasn't at least heard of.
- Wicked Stepmother: Subverted, Adair isn't this, even when Phoebe thinks she is.
Job Martins (We_Standalone)A moderate Terra Firma member and antique store manager.Goes to the Citadel by urging of his grandfather, and everything changes for him.
- Bookworm: Knows many facts about history on Earth, and old antiques but does not like to admit it.
- I Have No Son!: Happens to Job after he leaves Terra Firma, and snaps at his father for choosing to let his mom die.
- Naïve Newcomer: Knows very little about other species' cultures.
Gunnery Chief Mike TrittA grim veteran with sixteen years in the Corps, including mopping up the Skyllian Blitz and action on Eden Prime, Gunny Tritt has made the military his life. He managed to survive a Blue Suns assault on his outpost with the help of Arbitrary's mercs and an orbital bombardment from Polaron's cruiser. He wandered the galaxy making new friends and trying to find someone he can maybe start a relationship with on furlough following that. Having met a rather nice lady and spent a luxury cruise with her, he's now back on the line, whipping the crew of the SSV Agincourt into shape.
- Captain Smoothand Sergeant Rough: Very much the second half of this trope when interacting with officers and his men, but rather erudite and outgoing for an NCO.
- Chivalrous Pervert: Has acted rather flirtatiously towards various women on the boards, but apologized, explaining he doesn't get to see too many women on the front. Made starting a relationship a key goal of his furlough, and is now talking to a lady he met on the Citadel.
- "Dear John" Letter: Received one from the lady he met on the cruise not too long into his deployment.
- Desk Jockey: His new posting after promotion, much to his chagrin. Fortunately, he was returned to his platoon Sgt's posting just before the Suns attacked.
- Drill Sergeant Nasty: Part of his job as Marine detachment commander aboard Agincourt is whipping the rather poor quality complement into shape, though he's not all that nasty.
- Friendly Sniper: Earned his Gunny's rank by sniping some Blue Suns hostage-takers without any civilians getting killed. On the other hand, he's quite outgoing.
- Naïve Newcomer: Averted with his arrival on CDN, he was rather aware and wary of Dippy and his history.
- Noodle Incident: Once engaged a krogan battlemaster; has talked about it, but has yet to give the full story.
- No One Gets Left Behind: A key principle of his on the front, and also seen after a date on Omega: when his date's best friend (who was madly in love with said date) came down with something nasty, Gunny immediately forgot about the awkward end to the date, tooled up in his armor and full battle kit, and came back to escort the pair to a clinic.
- Walking the Earth: Spent his furlough knocking around the galaxy making new friends and trying to find someone he could start a relationship with.
Lepantis CorvaxFormer Hierarchy NCO turned lawnmower salesman. Now resides on Invictus.
- Fantastic Racism: Good lord, don't get him started on the krogan. Or the Separatists.
- Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness: Oh, so very much.Harrad_01: And to Lepantis Corvax, a more eloquent man than I could ever dream to be.
Calienus TheraciusCalienus is a loyal to the bone Hierarchy citizen. He was in an espionage division of the Hierarchy, but even when ordered kept to his standards. He doesn't care about a lot of things, and hides his true intent behind a facade of stupidity.
- Butt-Monkey: The thread starts with him losing his home and every single one of his belongings and gets worse from there.
- Rape Is a Special Kind of Evil: Happily murdered a rapist, and lost his job in the process.
Jack Napier (InfiniteMonkeys)A satire author with a dark and mysterious past, he decides to go once more into the mercenary business in order to escape from whatever is chasing him.
- Cold Sniper
- Hong Kong Dub: His words don't sync up with his mouth as a result of him speaking Hebrew.
- No Social Skills: Has a crippling phobia of physical contact with other people.
- Uncanny Valley: As described in one thread, "His limbs are just a bit too long, his neck just a bit too short, and his eyes just a bit too wide".[invoked]
- "Well Done, Son!" Guy: Both of his parents were only proud of him when he decided to go into military school. They almost disowned him after he went to college afterward.
- You Have to Have Jews
Gideon Archer (Custodian)An aging veteran commanding a mercenary battlecruiser and former officer within the Alliance navy. Having lost his commission and much of his original crew in the Skyllian Blitz he holds a serious grudge against the Batarians. Hes best known for defending new colonies in the hopes slavers will turn up for him to fight.
- Authority Equals Asskicking: Despite preferring to stay on the bridge of his ship and deal with things from there, he proves to be very competent in a face-to-face battle.
- Break the Haughty: In the opening acts of the Reaper War he was forced into trying to save several thousand civilians after a botched defence effort to hold a planet. When his plan to get everyone out alive begins to fail, he ignores his own promise to back up an allied squadron, has other mercenaries die to buy himself and the civilians time, and flees ahead of them rather than helping protect their ships. Disgusted with himself, and knowing his crew won't follow someone who would sacrifice those under his command, he renounces his captaincy and attaches himself to ground engagement units.
- Death from Above: You can keep your ground battles, Ill stick to vaporising bastards from my chair with a fifty megaton cannon.
- Good Is Not Nice: While he has a moral code and frequently defends new colonies against threats, Archer never works for free and it's been hinted one of the reasons he fights slavers is to specifically kill Batarians. The only exception to this was the battle in New Cairo. Which he got involved with to cripple a number of Eclipse ships to prevent them expanding their influence into systems with potential clients.
- I Did What I Had to Do: Frequently his defence for losing his ship in the Skyllian Blitz, ramming it into a cruiser because it was the only way any of his crew might survive.
- Killer Rabbit: Archer's ship, the Keeper of Heaven. Every aspect of it has been made to look like it's a cruiser sized non-combat ship with limited defences. It's in fact bristling with hidden short range weapons systems and an anti-capital ship weapon.
- My God, What Have I Done?: Has a minor Heroic BSoD upon learning what was happening in Sanctuary and the fact every refugee he sent there is now dead or suffered a worse fate.
- Noodle Incident: Most of his career, but he specifically notes hes done little to earn any real glory save for what his crew did on Iridan. What he did is never explained.
- Properly Paranoid: When he considers something to have been too easy, hes frequently right.
Hok GinndeTurian sniper and incarnation of awesomeness, currently MIA at the moment.
- Obfuscating Stupidity: Hok's a really nice guy and a competent soldier, but he can be pretty dorky when he's off the field, much to The_Sarcastic_Salarian's annoyance.TSS: So... cooking, Hok? Uh, you guys know I don't actually know how to cook, right? Oh, we are so boned.
Hok: Oh, I don't know. The stuff you cooked for me that one time on the Nialla wasn't half bad. Or at least, I don't think it was. My memories of that night are a bit...fuzzy to say the least. I'm sure you'll think of something though, I mean, you're ex-STG.
TSS: EX-STG AREN'T TRAINED TO COOK, HOK.
James David Lear (Procul His)A human biotic by birth, a lawyer by trade, and a techie at heart, Procul His (a pseudonym, Latin for "Beyond these Things") is a former prosecutor on Terra Nova who found himself working for Systems Alliance Ministry of Justice with the mandate to catch bad guys anywhere in the galaxy, and later for the Alliance Navy as a criminal investigator. Swearing equally by his skills with a briefcase, magnum, omni-tool, and bio-amp, he did his best to fight the bad guys. And his best was very good. His wherabouts are unknown. His writer left the board shortly before the Reaper War, due to Creative Differences with the moderators.
- Action Survivor: His introduction to active law enforcement involved being waylaid by Homicide Machines during an attempt to serve a warrant.
- Chick Magnet: Deconstructed with James. All the ladies cared about is his... ahem... Power Glow.
- Disability Superpower: The same accident that made him biotic also crippled him as a kid. He got better with 23rd Century medical technology, but not all scars are physical.
- Explosive Overclocking: Tried it once with his bio-amp. Needless to say, overclocking a computer hard-wired into his brain nearly killed him.
- Guilt Complex: As a child, he blamed himself for contributing to his mother's illness and bad health, and for his dad's need to stay in the Navy so that they could be cared for.
- I Am What I Am: He treated his biotics as a curse, until they saved his life. They were his best weapon.
- Knight In Sour Armor: James did good deeds but wonders if any of them really matter.