- Action Mom: When something invades her house and leaves taunts scattered about she doesn't just hide, she grabs her compound bow and tries to hunt it down.
- Casual Danger Dialog: It seems to be a fear response.
- Evil Parents Want Good Kids: Ariel is a lot more... Tame than their mother. The snark is still there, though, especially when they get stressed.
- Mama Bear: She may not get along with her kid, but her first response to the implication that Ariel is in danger is to rush upstairs and burst into their room, shedding any attempts at stealth along the way.
- Unholy Matrimony: Karen and Andre are not very good people, and most of their conversations involve trading insults or commenting on each other's failures. Despite that, when weird shit happens they are there to comfort each other and clearly at least hold a lot of respect for the other.
- BunnyEarsLawyer: She's a little sleazy, and a bit of a kiss-ass, but her manipulation skills make June pretty damn useful.
- Did You Just Scam Cthulhu?: Not even the GM is sure exactly how much money she managed to squeeze out of the Sin-Eater and Geist in her tutorial.
- The Face: June was the only new subject assigned the Heart suit when inducted into the Cardian syndicate.
- Not-So-Phony Psychic: She was comfortable being a Con Man until she actually ran into the supernatural.
- Supernatural Sensitivity: Although she isnt quite aware of it, she has a sixth sense when it comes to sensing ghosts.
- Talking Your Way Out: Without any real combat skills, this is the strategy she tends to fall back on.
- Arrogant Kung Fu Girl: Has several years of Kung Fu experience under her belt. She's also a competitive Wushu athlete. Martial arts are what she knows best as far as her skills go.
- Berserk Button: Her vice. Don't poke fun at topics relating to her family.
- Used to Be a Sweet Kid: Once upon a time, Nami was a very sociable, innocent sweetheart. That changed after her mother's death.
- Action Mom: Takes time off during a monster attack just to let her daughter's babysitter know she might be late.
- Almighty Janitor: Or, well, delivery-person.
- Determinator: To the point where it's her character concept.
- Did You Just Flip Off Cthulhu?: Not once, but twice in her tutorial alone. The first time when trying to intimidate a huge, shaggy creature advancing toward her, and the second when throwing the package it was after into the center of a river to be carried downstream just to piss it off.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Despite what it says below, it doesn't take long for Kes to start seeing red. It runs in her family, apparently.
- Jack of All Stats: Her skills are spread fairly evenly between physical, mental and social, but it's her tendency to examine situations before walking into them that earned her position as a Spade.
- Mama Bear: Presumably this, considering how determined she was to protect the dying woman in her tutorial.
- Chaotic Stupid: A downplayed version. She rarely thinks before acting.
- Fearless Fool: Is not unnerved by danger as much as she should be. Often jumps into situations and does the first thing on her mind.
- Hands-Off Parenting: Recipient of this. To be fair, even when her parents were not around with matters of their own to attend to, warm and welcoming relatives and family friends were never in short demand.
- Manchild: Certainly has the emotional maturity of one. She may be squarely on her way to her 30's, but doesn't act that way at all.
- No Social Skills: Absolute rubbish at speaking to people and conveying what she needs. Usually blunt or squeezes out things that barely qualify as sentences when she's frazzled.
- Signed Up for the Dental: Are you listening to how crazy the pay is? Mirjam may be locked into working for the Cardians for other circumstances, but the money is hardly a downside.
- The Hedonist: Her vice is Greed after all. Mirjam lives to do things with very little care for others, her desires come first. She refuses to acknowledge what effects her callousness brings.
- The Unapologetic: While she may occasionally feel sorry for her actions, they are never vocalized. She justifies this by proclaiming that all people are inherently selfish and that she's simply standing one step higher by not hiding it.
- Unskilled, but Strong: Tackles most situations with her brute strength, which she gained through years of working heavy lifting and other physically strenuous activities.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: Or rather, dogs. A childhood experience left Mirjam uneasy around canines, and guess who just had to romp around in a howling forest and come face to face with a werewolf.
- Barrier Warrior: That shield is the closest he intends to get to fighting.
- Dead Artists are Better: Subverted? Sort of? His work got regionally famous after he went into that coma.
- Family Man: Would you like to hear about his amazing children and his wonderful wife?
- Hippie Teacher: Tito has a teaching gig at a local university. He fits this archetype to a T.
- House Husband: With his wife's work environment being more hostile towards children (glassblowing isn't for the kiddies), Tito was often responsible for watching after their son.
- I Just Want to Be Normal: Tito is very uncomfortable with what he's finding out about the Cardians' expectations of him.
- New-Age Retro Hippie: Basically this mixed with a Hipster.
- Non-Action Guy: Why? Do we? Have? To Fight? Things?
- Starving Artist: Subverted. Tito and his wife, Reeve, are both well-established artists
It's said that Gale once worked for Sachi Shimizu herself, has been part of Cardians since it was formed, and was there the day the Seattle division disbanded. A lot of things are said about Gale, but what is true and what is a lie are all for the individual to determine. What can be said for sure is that she now works for a largely forgotten division only known as R&D, one of dozens scattered across the world, and any influence she once had has long since drifted away with the years. Even the polite, bright demeanor that gained her her reputation as a Heart has faded, leaving her cold disdain barely hidden under a cracking mask. Despite this, she works diligently, making the best decisions she possibly can to keep R&D afloat, with only an anti-social, wolf blooded man still wet behind the ears; a foreigner still learning the language, and more focused on creating caffeine patches using werewolf biology or a more addictive chewing gum with a hint of vampire saliva than anything else; and a self professed spy from HQ looming over her shoulder as backup.
Coming from the wilds and old growth forests of the Pacific Northwest, Rucks is something of an enigma even to himself. After his father disappeared his mother died of grief, and he was adopted by what the locals referred to as a "looney cult" living out in the woods. In reality they were the pack of werewolves his mother belonged to, and the only family he's ever known. Now, having somehow lost his ability to go through a first change at all, he volunteered as an ambassador between the pack and the Cardians Corporation, and achieved the rank of Ace within only a few years.
- Determinator: He isn't named after the man who went down in history for refusing to die for nothing, even if those stories were false.
- Good Scars, Evil Scars: The left side of his face is pretty messed up. It's the sort of thing that happens when you're a human growing up in a pack of werewolves, but it's also worth noting that he won the fight in which he received them.
- Meaningful Name: See determinator above.
A prolific engineer, Dom moved to the Americas five years ago in secret as an attempt by the Cardians Corporation to keep their hold on the Pacific Northwest territory. Unfortunately what started as a six month plan to take back the area was delegated and pushed back and, eventually, all but forgotten, and Dom was left in a foreign country with barely any grasp of the local language. Throwing themself into their work, Dom has spent the past five years mostly wishing they could go home again, without getting a knife in the back for even bringing up the idea.
The most recent addition to the cast of Aces, sent from HQ to "keep an eye on things," she's expressed an unwillingness to get in the way of the way things are run under the R&D division's roof. For now she's taken up residence in Hood River, Oregon, acting as bartender for a local pub whose patrons tend toward the supernatural and weird. There she's able to eavesdrop on customers unhindered, picking out the rumors and tall tales that may point the cell in the direction of their latest missions.