SHSL ViolinistA rude hot headed young girl who is seemingly ruled by her emotions. She is a talented violinist who is very energetic and extremely loyal to her friends. She seems to be aware of her bad temperand always tries to apologize to people she yells at. She refuses to bring up her past and gets very annoyed when people ask about her childhood. Victim of chapter 1, burned to death by Aratachika Inoue.
SHSL Ring LeaderA short tempered sweet tooth whose famous for her ringmaster persoan, Mitsuki Ritsuki. She adores the color pink and would rather watch the circus than talk to people. Cold and distant, she puts a barrier between her and other people, which proves to be continously difficult to do when her and her classmate's situation calls for them to team up.
- Bathing Beauty: Known for her showers with Jean-Paul after the first Trial
- Beauty Mark: On her left boob
- Faux Action Girl: During Trials
- Broken Bird: Her reasoning for her cold attitude.
- Leg Cling: Her with Jean Paul
- Neutral Female: Ume during trials, whenever she feels that people are "Being Stupid"
- Tomboy with a Girly Streak: Her Secret love of Pink
- Violently Protective Girlfriend: Although her and Jean Paul aren't "Technically" dating.
- Sore Loser: She never lets anyone have the last word
- I Just Want to Be Beautiful: Her secret inferiority when it comes to her Mitsuki Ritsuki persona
- Work Off the Debt: Ume's money being wired to her parents to pay off their debts.
- The Rival: With Shiori
SHSL FalconerA seemingly energetic girl from England, Lacey appears Energetic at first glance. Her Japanese is lacking, causing her to not come across as well as she would hope but she tried her absolute best.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold
- Lost in Translation: Lacey's Japanese is limited and she can't get across all she wants to, often coming across as jumbled and incoherent evident during the first trial where she simply shouted things to try to join in on the discussion
- Break the Cutie: She took the threat to her Falcon, Ariana, harder than she took either than the murders.
- Nature Lover: She places a very high importance on animals, Ariana taking the highest priority in her opinion.
- Passionate Sports Girl: Falconry is a hunting sport, and Lacey is very passionate about it. Because of this and many other factors she is very sporty. And still very passionate about that.
SHSL Empathetic PsychicA soft spoken Texan boy hailing all the way from the south, Travis is a calm and very average boy under a lot of peoples eyes. But behind that southern hospitality, however is...even more averageness. As the Empathic Psychic of the group, he is able to figure people and their feelings quickly, and tends to get very sensitive to said feelings.
Although he tends to be all happy go lucky guy, he gets very emotional over the fact that he is just....nothing.
- I Just Want to Be Special: Pretty obvious. He just wants to be the guy that will get everyone out of here.
- Nice Guy: He doesn't tend to get mad at people. When he does, he just puffs out his cheeks comically.
- Blank Slate: Besides having an obsession with coffee, he doesn't appear to have a lot of interesting characteristics that appeal to others.
- Ridiculously Average Guy: Despite going to one of the most elite schools in Japan, he's still the average out of the average.
- Adorkable: Loves sweets and awesome things, but is clumsy and not very bright.
- Tragic Keepsake: After two chapters, Travis finally gets the locket from the Chapter 1 motive ..off of Chapter 2's victim.
- Omniglot: They traveled around a lot for school, having studied in the US, Wales, France and Italy. Because of this, along with Japanese, they speak pretty good English, French and Italian. Though all three are pretty heavily accented.
- Gender-Blender Name: While most often used as a girl's name Shiori is a gender neutral name. Along with that the spelling they use, 詩織 (meaning poem and weave), has no gendered connections.
- Stoic Spectacles: They wear glasses, being nearly blind without them, and are generally rather calm and collected, if seeming a little emotionless at times.
- Ambiguous Gender: Shiori is agender and generally very androgynous, this is by their own efforts to remain so.
- Hates Being Touched: Sort of. They aren't overly fond of someone they don't know well just suddenly touching them.
- Smart People Wear Glasses: Shiori is an archaeologist and of course, quite smart.
- Blind Without 'Em: They can't see a thing without their glasses
- Waistcoat of Style: They wear a vest.
- Simple, yet Opulent: All of their clothing is bespoke due to how tall and thin they are. They're not especially showy but they prefer not to get things dirty considering how much it is to replace.
- Sleep Cute: With Hikari Tsukino, SHSL Community Service Girl, during Normal Days of Chapter 2.
- Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness: "Really all your anger is doing is exacerbating the situation. Your attempts to anathematize my speech will, in the end, do very little to cease my usage of a larger vocabulary. This is simply how I speak."
- The Rival: With Ume.
- Get Ahold Of Yourself Man: With most people after the first trial.
- Adorkable: When it comes to most social situations and comforting others they really don't know what to do and their confusion and sudden awkwardness is rather adorable. They also tend to get very animated and excited when talking about their talent.
- Serious Business: They were VERY serious about finding the skeleton in the Jammy Dodger Ship. They still haven't managed to get at it yet and are pretty frustrated by it.
- Not So Stoic: So far three times. First after the first trial when Izuru attacked Juro their calmness broke and they yelled at him to leave Juro alone and that Ara's conviction and subsequent execution saved 17 lives and therefor was for the greater good. Second when Hikari came to see them after getting a megladon tooth from the Monomachine to ask about it, Shiori got very excited and even smiled largely. Word of God says that this is a typical reaction to anything to do with their talent. Third, they told their secret to Hikari and ended up crying, really this should be expected considering they had to watch a friend die and were unable to help. They also tend to lose the stoicness when Hikari is crying. They completely broke after Hikari's death. Their silence during Trial 2 seemed to be a reclaiming of the stoic demeanor, but then they lost it as Izuru confessed and they had to vote for Hikari's killer.
- Gosh Dangit To Heck: They don't swear, though do tend to use other phrases that are quite ridiculous. However, Shiori finally swore at Izuru during the Chapter 2 trial, after he confessed to murdering Hikari Tsukino.
- Survivor Guilt: Feels this about her secret, that they tried to save a friend who was drowning and ended up having to choose between saving the friend and themself when they ended up nearly drowning as well.
- Clear Their Name: After the first murder Hikari is framed for Yuka's murder. Wanting to make sure that they're absolutely sure before convicting someone they check out the evidence with Hikari. After that they put a great deal of time and energy into finding another culprit.
- Failure-to-Save Murder: They largely blame themself for their friend's death before the game, citing their inability to save her and them being the one who suggested she jump in in the first place.
- Almost Kiss: Shiori tries to kiss Hikari but doesn't end up knowing how and their noses bump. Subverted as Hikari then just kisses them.
- Official Couple: With Hikari.
- Declaration of Protection: When the second motive is released, Hikari is distraught about what secret has been put out there and saying that she should just be killed. Shiori swears not to let that happen, and that they will keep Hikari safe.
- Cry into Chest: Hikari has done this on multiple occasions, though after telling her their secret Shiori did this too.
- Tragic Keepsake: Shiori now has several. Among them are Hikari's hairbow/s, her diary, and perhaps even the megaladon tooth.
SHSL Pastry Chef
SHSL Road RacerA cheerful girl with a passion for racing. She's been racing since she was in middle school and has then broken many world records and continues to do so, gaining sponsers by every race she wins. She has the looks of a stereotypical biker girl but is actually quite nice and polite with everyone she meets. Has a strong sense of justice and a sunny disposition, although, she's quite concerned about how others perceive her. Culprit of Chapter 5, killed Aiichirou and Travis.
- Nice Girl: Always polite and friendly to the other students and cares about them, despite only knowing a few of them
- Badass Biker: Has the appearance and title for it, although her mannerisms says otherwise.
- Break the Cutie: Does not take the announcements of Mutual Killing well nor the deaths of Saki and Suzuki.
- Is broken even more in Chapter 5 when she ends up sleep deprived and is easily scared, which resulted in her killing two of the kids out of panic
- Face of a Thug: Kind of; the scar on her cheek is probably the only thing that connects her to a "Delinquent" status, but she has been called "Intimidating" during her middle school years. (She blames it on her dad's genetics)
- Wide-Eyed Idealist: Has an optimistic look on things and refuses to believe that anyone would participate in the mutual killing game although, after Yuka Suzuki's trial, she begins to be more serious.
- X Marks the Hero: Has an "x" marked scar on her right cheek; funnily enough she's been joked to as the protagonist of CD
- This, again, bites her in the ass during the Chapter 5 trial, considering that's the biggest piece of evidence that lead to her to being discovered as the culprit.
- Afraid of Needles: Has an unexplained fear of needles.
- Wrench Wench: Not only is she competent in racing, she's quite knowledgeable on motorcycle maintenance
- Gosh Dangit To Heck: Doesn't like swearing and ends up doing this.
- Tragic Keepsake: In Chapter 3, Momoko borrowed the Bunny Shaped Pillow from Shiori and meant to return it to them the day after...only to find them dead.
- Important Haircut: Had longer hair when she was in middle school. Apparently it's because she got gum stuck in her hair and she had to chop it off. this is a lie, she cut it by being pressured by the media to change her image and caved in to the pressure.
- Bad Liar: A terrible liar, she is called out by this by Casper many times.
- This eventually comes to bite her in the ass during the Ch.5 trial when she's the culprit
- Vomit Discretion Shot: Ran off to throw up in a trash can after investigating Shiori's body
- Delinquent Hair: Dyed her hair blonde and shaved off half of it.
- Freak Out: Was sleep deprived while in the factory and became paranoid. She panicked when Aiichirou approached her and attacked him, which resulted in the events that lead up to both Aiichirou's and Travis' deaths.
- Birds of a Feather: Her and Nobue, due to the both of them having similar talents.
SHSL Cruise Director
SHSL ProsecutorA timid, but cheerful girl who always tries her best. She's incredibly passionate but also impulsive as seen during the first motive when she charged forward for Monobear. She was killed as a rule breaker for getting too close.
- Feminine Women Can Cook
- The Cutie: She's short, sweet and innocent.
- Extraordinarily Empowered Girl: Her talent in prosecuting is extraordinary, however she's weak.
- Purity Sue: She's the most pure and has no idea about love, sex or anything like that.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Emotionally and physically abuse, she is deeply affected by it, even now.
- It's All My Fault: Blames herself for her low IQ and therefore blames herself for all the mishaps in her family. Her brothers on the other hand do not blame her.
- Kill the Cutie: Killed after the first motive for breaking the rules.
- Big, Screwed-Up Family: Saki is the reason in some ways for the family's broken bonds.
- Black Sheep: Her below average IQ made her an outsider in her family. This also made her The Un-Favourite.
- Dark Is Not Evil: She has a dark outfit and black hair, however she fights for good. She is possibly the nicest, most pure person you'd ever meet.
SHSL Community Service Girl
- Plucky Girl: Hikari has shown herself to be full of enthusiasm, with a real go-getter attitude. Taking charge when needed and fighting against despair-inducing circumstances, she often manages to maintain her optimistic outlook while leading serious conversations, like what happened right after the motive reveal and the death of Yuzuki Saki.
- True Blue Femininity: Hikari wears blue hairbows and a blue skirt, as part of her Guiding uniform. Note that her backpack and favorite color are green, and that Green Is Blue, which could highlight the fact that she's not only fair and gentle, but also overly trusting and innocent.
- Waistcoat of Style: Hikari wears a grey vest. Word of God says that she was originally supposed to be wearing a Girl Scout style vest, but that wasn't a part of the Japanese Guiding uniform so Hikari got stuck with a vest anyway.
- Power of Trust: Subverted. Hikari trusted the murderer of Chapter 1, Aratachika Inoue, to stick with the buddy system she conceived and for there to be no murders which took place. Ara then sets up the murder of Yuka Suzuki to look like Hikari murdered her, further betraying Hikari's faith in her.
- I Owe You My Life: Basically what Hikari says to Shiori after the Chapter 1 trial.
- Inelegant Blubbering: Hikari is a straight up crybaby, and she's not exactly pretty about her weeping.
- Cry into Chest: When Hikari is sitting with Shiori in the middle of Sugar Cane Fields, she latches onto Shiori and holds onto her tightly while weeping. It also happens again a little later after Hikari makes Shiori mad when talking about the trial and begins to cry again—only this time, Shiori actually initiates the hugging to their chest. Though she was also there for them when then needed a chest to cry into.
- Tragic Keepsake: strangely Subverted. After Saki's death at the Chapter 1 motive reveal, Hikari does NOT take the locket that belonged to Saki even though she was very broken up about Saki's death. However, the locket ends up in her possession when Ara planted it in Hikari's cabin chest in an attempt to frame Hikari. After her death, the tragic keepsake goes to Travis.
- A-Cup Angst: Hikari's canon chest size is 28A.
- But Not Too Foreign: Inverted. Hikari is a natural-born Japanese citizen, but both of her parents are not of Japanese descent in the slightest. As far as her actual ethnic makeup, she's African-American.
- The Cutie: Hikari is bouncy, bubbly, and full of energy. The real genuine Cutie deal, disposition and height and all. Though you could say that Saki was the cutie of the student group before she died, since she was so short.
- Sleep Cute: Hikari falls asleep against Shiori Fujiaki during the Chapter 2 Normal Days in the middle of Sugar Cane Fields. That's right, it actually happened.
- Abusive Parents: Or technically, grandparent. Parental Neglect also comes into play with her father.
- Official Couple: With Shiori
- Kill the Cutie: Hikari was the murder victim of Chapter 2, found hanging from the rafters of Jammie Dodger Ship with her wrists slit.
- Self-Fulfilling Prophecy: Hikari says that she should just get killed. Despite Shiori's Declaration of Protection and Hikari's insistence that she believes in hope, that's exactly what happens.