Super High-School Level Rhythmic Gymnast
- Ambiguously Bi: Only so far Eri has expressed romantic interest in another one of her female classmates. She is, in fact, bisexual.
- Barbaric Bully: Tends to pick and choose her victims, but honestly will fight anyone.
- Berserk Button: From what it appears, it doesn't take a lot to trigger this.
- Brutal Honesty
- Delinquent Hair
- Eyepatch of Power
- Girlish Pigtails
- Hair-Trigger Temper
- Japanese Delinquent: Whilst not initially appearing so, it seems that Eri could make a pretty good Sukeban
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Ambiguous. Has taking a liking to some students.
- Sacred First Kiss: After she had a fist fight with Machiko. Seriously?
- Skewed Priorities: Seems to have made it her own personal goal to leave a fist shaped mark on every camper.
- Sugar-and-Ice Personality
- The Nicknamer: Has called Kimi 'Donut-chan' and Keiji 'Tsuntsun-kun'
Izza "Izzy" Vaziri
Super High-School Level Virtual Pet Trainer
Super High-School Level Delivery Girl
Super High-School Level Escape Artist
Chains? Locked rooms? Sealed boxes? No matter what it is, this girl can find her way out! Nothing, literally nothing, can contain Machiko Tetsuya! Death defying escapades, unbelievable feats, the SHSL Escape artist has astounded audiences all around! The only question is, What cant she get herself out of?"
- Bi the Way
- Carry a Big Stick
- Face of a Thug: Applies more to her clothing and style than face.
- Indy Ploy
- Significant Birth Date: Shares the same birthday, March 24, as Harry Houdini, famous illusionist most well known for his escape acts.
- The Nicknamer: Never seems to use anyone's real names. (Emo-kun, Honor, Kid, Marshmallow, Money Monster, Peaches, Plumberry, Urbex, etc.) The only real exception so far being "Eri-chi."
- Verbal Tic: Has a habit of saying "ya" in place of "you", and will shorten words and phrases. ("probably" to "prolly", "passive aggressive" to "pass-aggro")
- When All You Have Is a Hammer...: Her first instinct in the forest was to whack anything with a stick. When she sees Kazu's bike atop the flagpole, she first throws a rock at it.
Super High-School Level Psychic
At first only heard of through rumours on the internet and word of mouth in her home city as a brilliant psychic consultant, Mira was known as the real deal for her eerie accuracy in prophecies and readings. While reclusive and adept at avoiding media attention, stories of her predictions have still found their way to the publics notice. Most notoriously, she predicted the sudden failure of a company CEO just weeks before his business empire crashed.
Super High-School Level Taiko Drummer
A farmer's daughter from Niigata, Ren plays the drum in a traditional music group called Niji no Kiku. Raised to be honest and humble, she'll readily admit that her invitation to Hope's Peak is less about her being a prodigy and more about being the group's only high-school-aged member. She's a little sheltered, preferring wide open spaces and other simple pleasures, but is also an enormously friendly person who treats most of her classmates like younger siblings. However, this doesn't mean she'll let people walk all over her when push comes to shove, either...
- Berserk Button: Unfairness is the quickest way to anger her, so don't let her catch you trying to coast on the hard work of others.
- Bicep-Polishing Gesture
- Big Eater
- Big Ol' Eyebrows
- Country Mouse
- Hopeless with Tech: Type 1. "Complicated gadgets" is listed as one of her dislikes, and she's noticeably uncomfortable even using her Electronic ID, which is a relatively simple touch-pad setup. Doesn't go fully into Ludd Was Right, though, as she acknowledges its usefulness in the hands of the right people.
- Huge Schoolgirl: At 6'2", she's the tallest member of the group, and very muscular to boot. Unlike most examples of this trope, she's comfortable in her skin and even appreciates all the extra work her build allows her to do.
- If Jesus, Then Aliens: Averted. Ren is noted to be one of the most superstitious students, but she has a hard time accepting Kimi's theory that they were abducted by aliens.
- Meaningful Name: Her surname contains the character for tomoe, a comma-design style often found on taiko drums.
- Punny Name: Not Ren herself, but the group she's in. Kiku can mean either "to listen" (as in music) or "chrysanthemum", so the group's name can be read as "listening to the rainbow" or "rainbow chrysanthemums"; all the members wear different-colored vests with the character for the latter on the back.
- Tohoku Regional Accent
- Funetik Aksent: When she gets emotional and her accent comes on heavier, it's usually written like this.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Katsudon is the first of her likes, and dango is a close second.
Super High-School Level Cheerleader
Glowing with optimism and kindness, Rhonda Williams is girl who's always there to support you in anything you do! Her motivational cheers are known to be a bright light in the dark, encouraging those who hear it. All the way from the United States to Japan, Rhonda had became a huge hit in cheer competitions, always shining and by result, makes her team shine as well. Everything in her life is positive, or at least, can be positive, which leads to a lot of disagreement and naivety. Even so, she chooses to bring the energy and remember to always rhyme!
- Bi the Way: Loves everyone, who's to say?
- Beware the Silly Ones
- Dark and Troubled Past
- Elemental Hair: Her hair is a ray of sunshine, much like her personality.
- Go-Getter Girl
- Hidden Depth
- Incorruptible Pure Pureness: She's really pure...
- Nice Girl: Tries to get along with everyone and is on friendly terms most of the time.
- Passionate Sports Girl: Cheerleader to the max, she's so dedicated to her sport it's her entire lifestyle!
- The Cutie: She's just... really cute and bubbly!
Super High-School Level Secretary
Zan Zheng would be most recognized by her resemblance to her mother, the famous Chinese socialite Lin Zheng. Next most famous is her father, the business lawyer Suo Zheng, known for exploiting loopholes that allow his clients to in turn continue exploiting their workers. It would take a lot of googling to place her talentpersonal secretary to heir (and business mogul in his own right) Satoshi Liu of Romulus Construction. Though she doesnt exactly radiate professionalism (and the fact that she and Satoshi have been family friends since childhood is no secret), it seems like everyone shes ever met through the business cant find a way to fault her work. Even so, it seems like a surprisingly humble talent for someone with her family treebut the secretarys own personal lack of ambition can probably be blamed for that.
Super High-School Level Class President
It goes without saying that most of the student body of Hopes Peak Academy are often peeled from the ranks of the rich and famous. Akira Ryokugane is, by anyones standards, a nobody. He holds no stature within Japanese society other than being a painfully regular high school boy. Rumours around the school circulate that he was selected to attend the academy due to his uncanny leadership and ability to bring his class together. Others say his family simply bought his way in. Which do you believe?
- A Degree in Useless: Akira doesn't hold his talent as Class President too highly. In fact he doesn't think he should have been accepted to Hope's Peak in the first place.
- Adorkable: With his braces and sweatervest how could anyone resist this cute little nerd.
- Be Yourself: The advice that Akira gives to Kazuya when they meet.
- Class Representative: He is the Super High-School Level Class President after all.
- Extracurricular Enthusiast
- Fangirl: Akira is actually a fan of many of his classmates, including Kazuya Sato and Izza Vaziri.
- Nerd: Related to Fangirl, but Akira is a self proclaimed nerd who is a fan of various vintage video games and comics.
- Friendless Background: Akira didn't have many friends as a child due to his health. It's ironic that his talent would be working with other students.
- Good Is Not Dumb
- I Am Not My Father: Akira wants nothing to do with his deadbeat dad but he is worried that he will end up like him one day.
- In the Blood: Both Akira's mother and brother were students at Hope's Peak Academy as well as the Super High-School Level Kendōka and Strategist Respectively
- Missing Mom: She hasn't died, but Akira notes multiple times during the game that he misses his mother dearly.
- Parental Abandonment: On the flipside, he notes that he hates his father; who was a doctor that abandoned his mother and brother when Akira was born.
- Must Have Caffeine: Akira drinks soda like it's water.
- Older Than They Look: He has actually only just turned 18 but can be mistaken for younger given his height and small build.
- Ordinary High-School Student: Despite being a student at Hope's Peak Academy, he describes himself as painfully average.
- School Uniforms Are the New Black
- Speech Impediment: Only when he gets flustered or frustrated. He speaks less carefully and lisps through his braces.
- Student Council President
- The Power of Friendship: How Akira got his talent.
- They Call Me Mr Tibbs: A running gag with Kuran Shukumei, who refuses to use an honorific for him - "It's... Ryokugane-kun."
- Thicker Than Water: Akira loves his mother and brother very much and puts family in high regard.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Chocolate Mochi
- Twinkle Smile: Not because his teeth are pearly white, rather the glint of his braces in the sunlight.
- Writing Lines: Akira has already threatened to throw a few students in detention.
Jacob T. Carlson / Mr. Temperance
Super High-School Level Ghostwriter
Before the news that he was an active ghostwriter, he was known for creating several pieces of writing and even a children's book, which had been extremely successful in it's first few weeks after it's release. After the public conflict between him and the author of Minimum Stroll, those pieces of writing caught more attention than ever before, and are still garnering interest to this day.
James Gray Hale Jr.
Super High-School Level Cardiac Surgeon
Super High-School Level Urban Explorer
Kazuya Sato is a very well known Youtuber. People all over the world subscribe to his exploration channel. He rarely goes out on his outings without a camera, he loves sharing his experiences with everyone, since its not always that people can see the sights he does. Because its usually illegal. Trespassing is illegal. Hes usually seen riding his bike, which has definitely seen better days. The poor guy is quite accident prone, with youtube compilations all over the net featuring him getting himself hurt on film. Its his only form of transportation, so he takes as good care of it as he can. He takes better care of his bike than himself. He doesnt seem to have much of a filter to say the least. Whatever comes to his mind, hell quickly say it. Even if it doesnt make any sense. He sometimes forgets what hes about to say, even in the middle of saying it. Luckily he has a good sense of humor about his own shortcomings. Not much seems to bug a chill guy like this.
Super High-School Level Robotics Engineer
Keiji has been dabbling in the world of robotics ever since elementary school, starting off with simple little things that you would expect to find in robotics clubs for kids. He excelled in the field, managing feats that were unheard of for someone so young and winning multiple competitions. Reports of his endeavors fizzle out to nothing for almost a year around the time he started middle school, though.
His public success picked back up around the age of 13, soaring to even greater heights. Most people are interested in the incredibly advanced recreational battlebots hes created for both competitions and personal use, but those in the actual field of robotics are most interested in his promising concepts for improved robotic prosthesis.
While Keiji is more than capable of the multiple different aspects of robotics, he is most notably skilled at and praised for his programming abilities. If theres something you need your robot to do, then hes your guy.
- Blind Without 'Em: Without either his contacts or glasses, Keiji's eyesight is really not that good. At all.
- Berserk Button: While he's generally nonviolent, saying just the wrong thing could set him off.
- Brutal Honesty: Keiji has an unfortunate habit of putting things very bluntly, often times coming across as rude even when he's not intending to.
- Cannot Spit It Out: There are some troubling things he's just not willing to say.
- Character Tics: When nervous or anxious, he will start fidgeting with his hands, clothes, or whatever he might be holding at the moment.
- Child Prodigy: Keiji has been building and programming robots ever since elementary school, producing impressive results for someone at such a young age.
- Dark and Troubled Past
- Face of a Thug: Keiji is the victim of some very severe resting bitch face. I promise he's not always trying to glare at you. Just sometimes.
- Flipping the Bird: He does this. A lot.
- Hates Being Touched: As a result of severe anxiety, he has a strong negative reaction to physical contact.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: He acts mean and says some pretty harsh things sometimes, but he generally means well.
- Multicolored Hair: His natural hair color is brown, but he bleaches the top layers blonde.
- My God, What Have I Done?
- Nerd Glasses: When he's wearing his glasses, anyway. He normally wears contacts, but sometimes they irritate his eyes and he has to take them out.
- No Indoor Voice: Keiji has a habit of yelling, which especially happens when he's angry or flustered.
- Paper Tiger: Keiji both acts and looks like a delinquent of sorts, but he's actually harmless for the most part. He acts how he does simply to deter people from interacting with him.
- Red Is Violent: A large portion of his wardrobe just so happens to consist of the color red.
- Sir Swears-a-Lot: He will not stop saying fuck.
- Smart People Build Robots: Well. He builds robots.
- Robot Master: He builds A LOT of robots.
- Speech Impediment: Keiji will start stuttering when he feels nervous or anxious. The amount of stuttering is usually related to how strong these feelings are.
- They're Called "Personal Issues" for a Reason
Super High-School Level ???
If someone were to hear the name Kūran Shukumei and search for it in magazines, textbooks, newspapers or even on the Internet, they would find out that this person is Completely unheard of! The person known as Kūran Shukumei is a complete unknown and no amount of research or investigation on the Internet or any other media can yield any sort of results on just who the young boy is, the only information that can be gathered about him is that he has been accepted by Hopes Peak Academy for no known reasons and that he was born in the Osaka Prefecture in the Kamagasaki District, otherwise known as Japans largest slums.
Countless of Talented and well-known individuals get to attend Hopes Peak Academy, so how come this complete unknown person gets to join them? There isnt even any sort of Talent accredited to him! However besides his incredibly bleak outlook of life and incredibly distant and rude personality, there seems to be nothing that could be considered to be special or unique about him He is as much an enigma as is the reason as to why he was accepted to attend the prestigious academy.
Super High-School Level Fashion Heir
Super High-School Level Pizza Delivery Guy
Regardless of its place in modern society, Sadao practices bushido, the samurai code of honour. He is as just, benevolent, humble, and loyal, as any teenager could possibly make themselves. This has lent itself to a recklessness and disregard for his personal safety - but hey, his deliveries are on time.
Super High-School Level Businessman
Hailing from a rich and powerful family of Chinese manufacturing tycoons, Satoshi Liu could well have been expected to sit back in the lap of luxury and wait to inherit the family fortune. Instead, he founded the construction company Romulus at the tender age of 14 and has since led it as its CEO to a shocking success in a cutthroat market over a stunningly short period of time - and whats more, hes done it while keeping intact a reputation for valuing integrity, honesty, and ethical business practices. Truly, the very model of the capitalist system succeeding!
Super High-School Level Good Luck
Super High-School Level Merchant
The young heir to the Renco grocery chain. The second and also middle child of the Rengo family, Akina had taken on the duties of a true scion of trade since a very young age. Nearly all of Renco's reputably high quality and wide variety of products, can be due to Akina's intuition and eye for the potential a certain commodity might have. That is what makes Renco brand products the popular choice among those who can afford it. The trust that Renco's customers heck remind me to rewrite this im dying. blah blah blah in the end akina's cool and stuff and is all like boy do i love good crops.
Super High-School Level Manga Scriptwriter
Chances are, youve read manga at some point in your life, whether it was a print volume or online scanlation. However have you ever actually thought about all the different jobs that go into making a successful manga? If you were to ask Kimi Iijima, they would profess that the most important part of creating a successful manga is writing a good script. Theyre newest and brightest mind in the business thats manga scriptwriting. Kimi is famed among manga artists for their ability to write scripts in several different ways, adapting their style to best fit the artist theyre working with, while still conveying clear images. Dont be surprised if you havent heard of them, though! Scriptwriting is a process that takes place mostly behind the scenes, and Kimi enjoys the relative anonymity their job provides them.
The first victim.
- Cheerful Child: Though not exactly a child at sixteen years old, Kimi is often mistaken for being much younger. They're also naturally very cheerful and innocent in nature.
- Cloud Cuckoolander: They insist that they woke up in the woods with no recollection of how they got there because they were abducted by aliens.
- Cloudcuckoolander's Minder: Keiji is their minder and self-appointed best friend. Not that he seems to have much say in the matter.
- Couldn't Find a Pen: Writes a dying message in their blood.
- First-Name Basis: They call everyone by their first names and with the affectionate honorific "-chan".
- Genki Enby
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold
- Heroic BSoD: Upon learning that the only way to leave the camp is to kill, Kimi appears to retreat into themself, muttering strange phrases only they can understand and laying down on the dirt. Eventually, Kazuya, Keiji, and Kūran are able to bring them out of it.
- Heroic Vow: On the receiving end, from both Akira and Machiko. Both of them promise that Kimi will be alright. Kimi dies shortly afterwards.
- Huge Guy, Tiny Enby: With Gray. The two have a 20 inch height difference.
- Last Request: "Please don't be sad I died."
- Love You and Everybody: While Kimi doesn't necessarily understand romantic love, they've shown that they love and care for all their classmates platonically. They tend to be over-enthusiastic with hugging and hand-holding as a result, and completely ignorant of the implications.
- Word of God confirms Kimi is Asexual and Aromantic.
- Offing the Annoyance
- Older Than They Look: They're sixteen, but constantly mistaken for a much younger child given their height and childlike attitude.
- Teens Are Short
- The Cutie: Just look at them!
- The Nicknamer: Creates cutesy nicknames for the majority of their classmates by shortening their first names and adding the honorific "-chan".
- The Power of Friendship: After being brought out of their shutdown, Kimi quickly comes to the conclusion that everything will be alright, because "Friends don't hurt friends!"
- The Sleepless: While not exactly sleepless, Kimi tends to stay up all night and takes short naps in the afternoon or morning.
- Third-Person Person: Instead of saying "I" or "me", they say "Kimi".
- Averted when they're upset and in their dying message.
- We Hardly Knew Ye: As the first victim, they didn't get a chance to meet many of the other students.