"Can I quote you on that?"One of the more active members of the role-playing section, Lestroisrois is known for making some of the most unique navis on the site, as well as having an unusual battle style. Lestroisrois is the creator of Life of a Code, one of the two major role=playing stories on the site.
Tropes Associated With/Commonly Used by Lestroisrois:
- Ambiguous Gender: Refuses to reveal their gender, stating "it's fun to let people guess." One guess ended up having Lestroisrois as a dead Ninja-Pirate-Zombie-Vampire-Space-Robot-Mage-Tortoise.
- Leitmotif: Lestroisrois is well known for the use of music to represent characters, even requesting others who applied to Life of a Code to list their own for their characters.
- Shown Their Work: Lestroisrois is well known for using accurate information and realistic science for explanations. This is especially shown in Life of a Code's Chapter 0, where Lestroisrois prevented a player from climbing outside the high-speed train by using shatter-proof glass designed to be removed with a few switches...on the inside of the window, meaning removing the Driver's window was highly unlikely.
Eva & E'Athanata.VEXE
"It's just... simple computer engineering..."
"Hold it! Don't even mention the word "date" around Sis unless your strong enough to beat me!"Lestroisrois' original Character Duo, who have never lost a single battle. They are the ones you call when you need the Power of Friendship.
Eva Heurassein; "Battle Code Seraph"A shy netbattler with a lot of skill and a perfect record. Very knowledgeable, but has years of muscular atrophy and little social experience.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Make no mistake, there is a reason why she's called the "Battle Code Seraph".
- Bookworm: See Jack of All Trades.
- Flower in Her Hair: Part of her headband.
- Friendless Background: Because she was hospitalized for most of her life, she rarely encountered anyone whom she could bond with outside of the nurses and doctors, thus leaving her with no friends (or social skills) upon her release.
- I Just Want to Have Friends: The reason she entered the Den-City Tournament in the first place.
- Jack-of-All-Trades: Due to spending all her time studying and having perfect recall, Eva has a 'very' long list of skills.
Eva: "Don't worry; what his file doesn't say is how much history I've studied over these years."
E'Athanata: "Not to mention science, physics, math-"
Leo: "Please, I'm an expert at all of-"
E'Athanata: "-language, programming, cooking, medicine..."
Leo: "Okay, maybe not all of that."
- Like Brother and Sister: Eva and E'athanata have a sisterly relation and are very close.
- Luminescent Blush: This happens a lot.
- Mook Maker: Played with. Eva is very skilled at breeding her own viruses, including her own unique breeds. This turns out to be a major plot point in Life of a Code, where she was hired to make a virus that had the ability to lead other viruses.
- No Social Skills: Growing up in a hospitol with no one but doctors and nurses leaves little room for social interaction.
- Obliviously Beautiful: She doesn't understand why all these boys keep flirting with her.
- Ojou: She is the daughter of a wealthy video game company president named Montendo.
- Overly Long Name: Her full name is 'Evangeline Esteria Dasion Sidos Heurassein'.
- Rapunzel Hair
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The Blue to E'Athanata's Red. Eva is very shy and physically weak, while E'Athanata is bold to the point of impulsiveness and has very high stats all around (apart from health).
- Shrinking Violet:
- Shy Finger-Twiddling: Also does this a lot.
- Socially Awkward Hero
- Super Intelligence: Type 1.
- Throwing Off the Disability: Type 2.
- Woman in White: Her outfits are all almost entirely white, and even her hair is a silvery-white.
E'Athanata.VEXEEva's Navi. A amalgamation of several deleted codes, she is one of the most powerful navis in existence, but can still only call upon a fraction of her true strength.
- Action Girl
- An Ice Person: While wearing her Scuttle-Type Armor, her charge attack becomes throwing a glacier at her opponents.
- The Beastmaster: She isn't called the "Queen of Scuttles" for nothing.
- Berserk Button: Go ahead, flirt with Eva.
- Actually, anything that make Eva even slightly uncomfortable is enough to get Death Glares.
- BFS: Ultimate Elements. The final part of the attack takes all of E'Athanata's Raiments and combines them into one of these, which she proceeds to beat you with.
- Black Magician Girl
- Chest Insignia: As is common with Net Navis, E'Athanata has an insignia on her armor, taking the form of a butterfly.
- Dance Battler: Has a tendency to do this, especially when using her Raiments Shield.
- Elemental Powers: Heat, Aqua, Elec, Wood, Cursor...
- Energy Ball: Instead of a traditional buster, E'Athanata is able to launch a volley of "stars" at her enemy
- Fragile Speedster: See Glass Cannon.
- Genki Girl: See Red Oni, Blue Oni.
- Glass Cannon: She has ¼th the health of a standard navi, putting her at a mere 250 health. E'Athanata even refers to herself as one. Of course, many find this difficult to believe since she is very good at dodging and plenty defensive in spite of her low health.
- Gratuitous Greek: E'Athanata translates to 'The Undying'. Misspellings became so common that the user had to ask people to stop.
- Green Thumb: While wearing her Scutzer-Type Armor, E'Athanata becomes a Wood Navi, and her charge attack involves causing roots/vines to sprout from the ground and ensnare the enemy.
- Humanoid Abomination: Despite her humanoid form, E'Athanata has pieces of code from both CyBeasts, Gospel, the Life Virus, Colonel, Iris, MegaMan, Bass, and many more.
- Impossibly Cool Clothes: Her Raiments 'float' behind her.
- Insect Queen: As her armor is literally made of Scuttle viruses (which, in turn, are extremely insectoid), the "Queen of Scuttles" always has her loyal subject at her side.
- Like Brother and Sister: Eva and E'athanata have a sisterly relation and are very close.
- Magic Skirt: Then again, it is made from living carapace...
- Making a Splash: While wearing her Scuttle-Type Armor, E'Athanata becomes an Aqua Navi. Also see An Ice Person.
- Meaningful Name: See Gratuitous Greek.
- One-Winged Angel: Yomigæru Mode. To balance it, she can only transform when wearing her ScuttleΩ-Type Armor.
- Palette Swap: Her various armor types all look the same apart from a change in color.
- Playing with Fire: While wearing her Scutz-Type Armor, E'Athanata becomes a Heat Navi, and her charge attack causes pillars of fire to erupt from under the ground.
- Rapunzel Hair
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The Red to Eva's Blue. Eva is very shy and physically weak, while E'Athanata is bold to the point of impulsiveness and has very high stats all around (apart from health).
- Scarf Of Asskicking: The raiments encircling E'Athanata could possibly count, being very similar to scarves in design.
- Shock and Awe: While wearing her Scuttler-Type Armor, E'Athanata becomes an Elec Navi, and her charge attack causes lightning to fall from the sky.
- Spin to Deflect Stuff: Her Raiments Shield ability.
- Summon Magic:
- She regularly summons all sorts of viruses in her battles, to the point that it is more rare for her 'not' to summon them.
- With Kalaska'Agathas she summons Scuttles to attack and then power up her armor/abilities.
- You Gotta Have Color-Changing Hair: Depending on her form, her hair is Red, Blue, Green, Gold, Pink, or Deep-Purple/Black.
- Zettai Ryouiki
Mei & WickerMan.EXE
"The road to darkness is paved with light, thus our darkest mistakes comes from the twilight of our crossing blades."
"Aye."The second team Lestroisrois made. The two are calm and calculating, well known for proverbs, and combine Shinto and Druidic themes.
Mei HitomiA young shrine maiden in charge of the Hitomi Shrine. She is said to be prophetic, but always seem to point towards nature and away from technology...
- Aloof Dark-Haired Girl: Doesn't exactly make emotional connections with those she interacts with.
- Eerie Pale-Skinned Brunette: Served to make some visitors of her shrine weary of her. It doesn't help that she has mildly psychic powers, serving to enforce the trope even more. Though she's still admired for her beauty because of or in spite of this trope.
- Miko: And a deeply faithful one.
- Paper Talisman: Uses one to hide her battle chips in the first round of the tournament.
- Raven Hair, Ivory Skin: Crosses with Eerie Pale-Skinned Brunette, with the way some people regard her.
- Speaks in Shout-Outs: Mostly speaks in poems, proverbs, and famous quotes, but otherwise follows this trope pretty faithfully.
WickerMan.EXEMei's navi. A unique Wood/Heat hybrid navi, WickerMan is a quiet navi who will do anything for his operator, no matter the cost.
- Bullet Seed: His buster is rapid-fire needles, like those of a cactus.
- Fast Tunnelling: Falling Leaf has WickerMan tunnel through the ground at high speed before emerging behind his enemy.
- Fireballs: His charge attack.
- Flaming Sword: Played with. Kurikara indeed becomes one of these if used in Inpachi form, but the fire slowly burns away the bamboo blade, destroying it after three attacks.
- Heal It with Fire: Red Hitodama constantly regenerate a small amount of WickerMan's health.
- Kill It with Fire: Subverted. While he will take heavy damage from fire attacks in his Treant form, his UnderShirt program will prevent the damage from deleting him as well as the fire shifting him to his Inpachi form.
- Meaningful Name: His main form is a Wicker Man.
- Petal Power: Leaf Ward uses leaves and petals to block attacks.
- Set the World on Fire: Orange Hitodama turn any panel WickerMan steps on to lava. Druidic Punishment seals both WickerMan and his opponents in a ball of fire, which slowly closes in on both for massive damage.
- Speaks in Shout-Outs: rarely speaks outside of poems, proverbs, and famous quotes.
- Technicolor Fire: In Inpachi form, WickerMan's entire body burns in different colors depending on his Hitodama. The Hitodama, in turn, grant special effects depending on the color.
- When Trees Attack: There's a reason it's called Treant Form.
- Wooden Katanas Are Even Better: Kurikara is quite literally a bamboo sword, summoned by sacrificing a wood chip to "grow" the blade. Unless weakened by Inpachi form's flames, it can easily outlast the other swords of his opponents while doing just as much if not more damage.
"Taka" & PuppetMan.EXE
"I hope you're ready; the show will begin soon..."
"You're just like all the rest; you see me, you want me gone. Now there's nothing left..."The third team Lestroisrois made. Taka is the leader of HTTP, who tricked PuppetMan into becoming his partner in crime.
"Taka"A mysterious individual and leader of HTTP.
- The Chessmaster: Is very good at manipulating people.
- Xanatos Gambit: Taka's plan for Catadioptre to invade Crystal Vision Studios is designed so that it was unlikely for him to come out at a disadvantage. It certainly hasn't stopped Quick from trying.
- This appears to be a regular part of Taka's arsenal.
PuppetMan.EXEA former Gamemaster Navi of a popular MMO, PuppetMan barely survived the Alpha Revolt, only to discover that his operator died in the tragedy. Alone and abandoned, PuppetMan was shunned and ostracized by net society. That, when combined with the corruptive influence of a Dark Chip, lead PuppetMan to become an insane monster who seeks the destruction of the net, himself included.
- Break the Cutie: Was originally a cute little cat-like Navi who was a beloved Gamemaster for a popular online game. The combination of losing his operator, being shunned for being a Beast-Type Navi, and the corrupting effects of a Dark Chip broke PuppetMan down.
- Cast from Hit Points: Summoning a Dark Puppet takes a toll on PuppetMan, costing him a portion of his health to summon one.
- Marionette Master: Uses several "Dark Puppets", special tamed viruses with highly destructive powers.
- Woobie, Destroyer of Worlds See Break the Cutie. Because of his being broken down, PuppetMan now seeks to destroy everything involving the net, including himself.
Lars Maxwell & MailMan.EXE
"...I am one for the belief that just because something is old does not mean it should be replaced."
"It wasn't in the schedule, but for once I don't care."The fourth team Lestroisrois made. Widely considered one of the most balanced teams Lestroisrois has made in terms of game balance.
Lars MaxwellLars Maxwell was a former mailman before emails became too prevalent and his post office was closed. A writer, Mr. Maxwell would draw his inspiration from the handwriting of the letters he delivered. Now employed both as Eva's Butler and a high-ranked HTTP Officer, he seeks revenge on the system that took his muse from him.
- [spoiler:Battle Butler]]: Is the personal Butler of Eva Heurassein, and can put you in the ground if you threaten her in seven seconds.
- Pursue the Dream Job: Originally, he was a writer with a day job delivering mail. Now, he is the personal butler to Eva, secretly a top officer in HTTP, and still delivers messages from time to time (usually when an electronic paper-trail would cause a problem), and he's still pursuing his dream of being a professional writer.
MailMan.EXEOriginally a program designed to help sort and send emails, MailMan was scheduled for deletion after saving a woman from a death-threat spammer. He escaped, and now seeks revenge on the system that betrayed him. He fights using letters that transform into various weapons.
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin: He was a mail program, now he's a navi who fights with mail for weapons.
- Unstoppable Mailman: His entire concept is effectively [i]built[/i] around this trope.
Daniel Kurista & StraightMan.EXE
"Why don't we battle among the glistening gemstones of my catalog?"
"Don't worry, I aim to entertain! Battle-da!"The fifth team created by Lestroisrois.
Daniel KuristaA kind and fair Jewelry salesman with a penchant for gambling. A major victory in college earned him the cash to open his own private jewelry store. his wife and daughter both fully support his business, though his wife wished he'd leave his gambling instincts in the past.
- Absurdly High-Stakes Game: How he obtained StraightMan.
- Family Business: Runs his jewelry store with the help of his wife and daughter.
- Professional Gambler: Almost became this; if not for his wife, he could have ended up using the winnings from the StraightMan incident to make even more money, but instead swore off gambling (mostly) and instead opened his own jewelry store.
- Shown Their Work: Lestroisrois made sure that when Daniel presented the Ruby Tear, the information about it (including its rough worth, where the items are from, etc.) are actually based on Real-Life jewelry-crafting information."Ah, has the Ruby Tear caught your eye? The necklace is handcrafted in solid 12 karat yellow gold from a region in Northern Netopia. Embedded are 12 sparkling rubies of ½ carat each, with the 13th central ruby being 1.2 carats. It comes with a certificate of authentication, and a guarantee that the craftsmanship is solid; I'd know, since I made it myself. As for a lower price...how about we haggle a bit. The piece is worth 55000 zenny, but I might be able to drop the price a bit further..."—Daniel
- Despite the names of locations and monetary system being fake, they represent real locations and money; "a region in Northern Netopia" is the equivalent of Northern Germany and Scandinavia, where yellow-gold is mined, as well as zenny being the equivalent to yen, placing his price of 55000 zenny as roughly 550 USD.
StraightMan.EXEDaniel's partner. Originally a navi created to cheat at casino games, Daniel won him in a contest, freeing him from his inprisonment and giving him the freedom to choose. Named after the poker hand that won him his freedom. Uses a unique "Luck Token" system, which allows him to use his luck for various techniques.
- Dead Man's Hand: Invoked. One of StraightMan's abilities allows him to drain his enemy's health using poison dust from playing cards. Guess what the attack is called.
- Fixing the Game: Averted. After serving as a cheating device for a cruel operator, StraightMan has sworn to never cheat again, no matter the circumstance.
- The Gambler
- Luck Stat: As the battle continues, he gains more and more "Luck Counters" which, in addition to granting him special abilities and being used to fuel others, give him improved luck in combat, such as avoiding an attack or hitting just the right spot.
- The Magic Poker Equation: In a pinch, StraightMan can sacrifice Luck Counters to activate abilities that can turn a battle around in an instant.
- Verbal Tic: Several.
- Often announces his presence by shouting "LADIES AND GENTLEMEN~!"
- At the start of a fight: "Battle-da!"
- Additionally, his speech is constantly peppered with references to luck, gambling, and anything related to card games.
Aerith & SaberMan.EXE
「だれだ *translation initiated* who issued a challenge?"The sixth team Lestroisrois made. Originally started as SaberMan on his own, Aerith joined with him at a later date, though due to complications, they have trouble communicating, making battle more a test of skill than of teamwork.
Aerith KuristaDaughter of the jewelry salesman Daniel Kurista, Aerith is an upcoming netbattler with interesting and new ideas for how to fight. However, her lack of communication with her partner causes many of these ideas to fall flat on their heads. She is following in her father's footsteps, and is the one who made the pendant he is never seen without.
- Daddy's Girl: Adores her father and wants to help him run his store by making jewelry, just like him.
SaberMan.EXEA navi with almost no ranged capabilities. An honorable swordsman, he teaches other navis how to properly wield a sword. However, a glitch in his language software prevents him from speaking English.
- Master Swordsman:
- Reverse Grip: Often keeps the pointy ends pointed back past his elbows.
- Slice-and-Dice Swordsmanship: Though his blades are like those of a rapier, he will often slash with them. He thrusts with them often enough, however.
- Some Kind of Force Field: Parallel Sting. The explanation of how it works didn't help much.
- Switch to English: Subverted. Saber Man literally cannot speak English due to a glitch in his translation software. Instead, his opponent needs to have translation software of their own or to share a language with him to understand his words.
- Sword Fight: Anytime a fighter decides to fight him with a sword.
- Sword Lines: All his special attacks incorporate this (though they also glow before engaging), each with their own color.
Izumi Fujibayashi & CageMan.EXE
"Very well, but the sooner we wrap this up, the better."
"I am terribly sorry, but I cannot let you pass. I request you leave before I am forced to repel you...or worse."
"To think that a mere fly is my prey."The sixth team Lestroisrois made. Considered the most convoluted and complicated team Lestroisrois has made to date.
Izumi FujibayashiA freelance mercenary who will do [i]almost[/i] any job, just as long as she gets payed. She prefers new discoveries and experiences, but still will do the work of a handyman.
CageMan.EXEThe strangest Navi Lestroisrois has made to date. Using a unique and complicated counter system, CageMan can shift between the defensive Bound and offensive Unbound forms.
"Ice" & Canon.EXE
"Assess the threat level, then move to end hostilities as soon as possible."
"If you come in peacefully, there's a chance that you may survive. You can run, but I will catch you."The seventh team Lestroisrois made. Ice and Canon were a concept Lestroisrois had been working on since his cancelled battle with North 888's Revenant.VEXE. The end of their first battle lead Lestroisrois to change their account title from "Virus Breeder" to "Maker of Monsters".
"Ice" McCoyA high-level City-netbattler and a professional security/bodyguard. Outside of battle, he's a cheerful and kind young boy. In battle and when on duty, he's as serious as his nickname implies.
- Law Enforcement, Inc. / Private Millitary Contractors: Pallas Corp was founded by his parents, and is a corporation specializing in security and bodyguard work. Ice is very high ranked in the corporation without any influence from his parents; he earned a high position at age 7 my merit of his skills alone.
- The McCoy: Complete coincidence, but one of the driving factors for Ice is that he feels the right choice is to help people.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: He is both in one being. When off duty/outside of a netbattle, Ice is a kind and caring individual who goes out of his way to help people. When on duty or in a netbattle, he is cold, calculating, and ruthless to his enemies.
- Reluctant Warrior: There's a reason he's considered a prodigy and a skilled bodyguard.
- Tricked-Out Shoes: His shoes receive their own, heavily detailed description.
Canon.EXEIce's Navi. A powerful navi with three different forms, each specialized for a different type of combat. Acts similarly to Ice, but with a mischievous streak and known to correct him when he acts informally.
- Ambiguous Gender: Lestroisrois uses the pronouns "s/he" and "hir" to refer to Canon.
- BFG: Canon uses a Cannon.
- Bullethole Door: Played with. Canon does this in hir battle with Finny using a minimal number of shots, but Lestroisrois states Out of Character that the only reason for the low number of shots was for gameplay balance reasons.
- Combat Stilettos: Mirror Canon has [i]armored[/i] combat stilettos.
- Counting Bullets: Canon possesses a limited ammunition with hir cannon for gameplay reasons, which (usually) maxes out at six.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Canon vs. Maw. Canon's tactics were so overwhelming that [url=http://www.mmbnchronox.com/forum/post-43564.html#pid43564]Maw's player became unable to figure out a plausible escape[/url].
- Death from Above: Many of Canon's attacks send something crashing down from above, including hirself.
- Dramatic Gun Cock / Kinetic Clicking: In Canon's opening scene, s/he takes down some punk navis by just smacking hir cannon into them before pointing the barrel at the (pinned) leader's head and making an audible *click* before reaffirming that s/he has clearance to delete them.
- Drop the Hammer: Canon often slams hir cannon into enemies as if it were a battering ram/giant hammerhead.
- Dual Wielding / Guns Akimbo: Rhythmic Canon can transform hir cannon into a pair of pistols.
- Firing One-Handed: With a Giant Cannon.
- Flash Step: The speed's Canon can reach thanks to hir cannon propelling hir is pretty much this.
- Ground Pound: Taken to extremes, one of Canon's ultimate attacks has hir send hirself high into the sky before dive-bombing and crashing into hir opponent, dealing massive damage and destroying the nearby area.
- It Works Better with Bullets: Any attempt to use Canon's cannon by anyone else will fail. The cannon is effectively a part of hir, hence no one else can successfully wield it but hir.
- Kinetic Weapons Are Just Better: Most Navis fire lasers from their busters or use elemental attacks or energy swords. Canon fires cannonballs.
- Lightning Bruiser: Possibly turning out to be this.
- Meaningful Name / Punny Name: Canon uses a Cannon as well as several attacks that respond to him hitting a target with hitting a target. Also, almost all of hir attacks hit multiple times in a row by doing the same thing over and over.
- Muscles Are Meaningless: Despite a lack of muscle-tone, Canon single-handedly swings a cannon as big as s/he is around single handed.
- No Range Like Point-Blank Range: Often, Canon will slam hir cannon into someone only to immediately follow up by shooting them.
- Recoil Boost: And how! Literally uses hir cannon to rocket around the battlefield, or into the skies above only to come crashing down on hir enemies.
- Rocket Jump: Several attacks use the momentum of firing the cannon to launch Canon through the air, sometimes vertically.
- Swiss Army Weapon: As Rhythmic Canon, hir cannon can transform into dual pistols and back. Both forms are used as melee weapons is some way or another.
- There Is No Kill Like Overkill: See Curb-Stomp Battle above.
- White Mask of Doom: Has yet to be seen without hir helmet on, which is white and for the most part featureless.
"Posted all so I can add as I go on; The completion of the rest are coming soon!"-Lestroisrois