- Back from the Dead: Mantis tends to claim that Blind Rage has literally risen from his grave whenever he returns to CHIKARA.
- Bald of Awesome: Lost his hair sometime between 2006 and 2012. It didn't seem to hurt his wrestling any, and he has since grown it back.
- Big Bad: Of seasons one and two.
- Carry a Big Stick/Wooden Katanas Are Even Better: On the March 8, 2002 episode of Hardway Wrestling TV, he defeated Ran Zander in a "Loser Gets Ten Lashes With The Singapore Cane Match."
- Celebrity Resemblance: After his win over UltraMantis at The Renaissance Dawns, the crowd taunted him by chanting "Jerry Only! Jerry Only!".
- Dem Bones: Used to wear a bandana with a skeleton-teeth design. Since his 2012 return, he's been painting his face as a skull.
- Fandom Rivalry: In-Universe. He had a "Rock vs. Rap" feud with DJ Skittlez, leading to Skittlez defeating him at Aniversario on May 24, 2003 in a "Winner Picks the Loser's Entrance Music" match. As a result, his theme song was changed from The Misfits' "Kong at the Gates" to Mötley Crüe's "Girls Girls Girls."
- Finishing Move: STF
- Goth: Was identified as such.
- I Was Beaten by a Girl: In his final match, Deonna Purrazzo defeated him at Excellence Scaredy Cat on October 8, 2016.
- Improbable Weapon User: The Night Shift regularly used pumpkins, specifically, Jack-O-Lanterns in the promotion's early months. It was explained on the June 21, 2002 show that Mister ZERO had become their supplier due to receiving an over-shipment of them.
- Parts Unknown: "Deathlehem, Pennsylvania"
- Power Stable:
- The Spectral Envoy, led by UltraMantis Black
- The Nightmare Warriors, Hallowicked's team in the Challenge of the Immortals tournament in 2015.
- Power Trio: He led The Night Shift, with Hallowicked and Ichabod Slayne (Icarus).
- The Dark Breed, with UltraMantis Black and Hallowicked.
- Real Men Wear Pink/You Gotta Have Blue Hair: For a short time he had his hair dyed pale pink.
- Red Baron: "The Warhammer", according to Hallowicked.
- "The Forgotten Monster"
Colt Cabana (aka Matt Classic)
- Actually Pretty Funny: CM Punk might've been infuriated by CP Munk, but Colt Cabana thought that Colt CaBunny was funny and didn't have a problem with it.
- Early-Bird Cameo: Made one appearance in 2003 with the Gold Bond Mafia (see below), then wouldn't appear for seven more years.
- Fish out of Temporal Water: Matt Classic's gimmick was that he was a cryogenically frozen wrestler from the 1950s, recently woken. His finishing move was the airplane spin.
- Power Stable: The Gold Bond Mafia, with Chris Hero and CM Punk. It was an IWA:MS stable with limited appearances on other indies - this included one CHIKARA appearance before the falling out between CHIKARA and CM Punk happened.
Lester "Darkness" Crabtree
- Commuting on a Bus: Hasn't been on the official roster since 2007 but usually showed up at least once every year 'til his demise.
- Faking the Dead: Constantly, however he does seem to have been...
- Killed Off for Real: By 17 when Wrestling Is Intense was shut down.
- Ring Oldies: Parodied.
- Chuck Cunningham Syndrome: Just up-and-up vanished from CHIKARA by 2005 with no explanation. Especially notable as he was a featured wrestler on many earlier events.
- Informed Ability: At no point displays any actual ability as a DJ or as a rapper.
- Pretty Fly for a White Guy/Wrestling Doesn't Pay: He was a wrestling rapper/DJ.
- Sweet Tooth: Was acknowledged as having one.
- Tag Team: Eye Candy, with Private Eye
- Back for the Dead: In 2012, another Dragonfly return appears to have been solely for 17 to injure and re-retire him.
- The Bus Came Back: After about six years away, Dragonfly returned near the end of 2008 for an alumni battle royal and has since generally made at least one appearance each year prior to his encounter with 17.
- Flat Character: Didn't have much of one, especially compared to the others.
- Overshadowed by Awesome: Was pretty well this by the rest of his fellow rookies.
- Arch-Enemy: Well, Team F.I.S.T. had a major feud with The Colony, but, due to being top Rudos for a long time, they were pretty much hated by everybody. His final feud was with his former teammates after he was replaced by Johnny Gargano.
- Bald of Awesome: During his second Chikara run as a tecnico.
- Bald of Evil: Post un-masking, as part of F.I.S.T., and during his 2017 return.
- The Bus Came Back: After staying away from CHIKARA for a year and a half, he returned to seek revenge on his ex-stablemates at the end of season ten. He subsequently ran the gauntlet against F.I.S.T. and defeated Icarus in a ladder match to win the rights to a full time contract.
- Appeared in a Top Banana hype video at the tail end of Season 15, then didn't appear again until Aniversario 2017. He then made a more regular return to the roster for the first time since 2013 at the end of 2017.
- Early-Bird Cameo: He was in the audience for The Second Show, May 31, 2002, meaning his face appeared on camera three years before he lost his mask to Shane Storm at Running In The Red on November 13, 2005.
- Finishing Move: Yoshi Tonic
- Gimmick Matches: At Chikarasaurus Rex: How To Hatch A Dinosaur, June 2, 2012, he defeated Icarus in only the second ladder match in CHIKARA history.
- Parts Unknown: "Afar, PA"
- Power Stable: Aside from the obvious, he was also a member of KAMIKAZE USA in Dragon Gate USA.
- Put on a Bus: After being kicked out of F.I.S.T. in 2010 he disappeared from Chikara for a year and a half - although he worked other indies, including the vaguely Chikara-affiliated Dragon Gate USA during that time.
- Bussed out again in 2014 as he was not contacted about a return, possibly due to negative comments made about the Titor Conglomerate storyline - he said he'd 'prefer to be wrestling'. Again, worked other indies, including the vaguely Chikara-affiliated Excellence Professional Wrestling.
- Bussed out yet again in mid-February of 2018, as he announced his retirement. Though he's since unretired, there has been no word as to him returning.
- Red Baron: "The Mysterious, Mythological Warrior From Afar"
- Spiritual Successor: Travis Huckabee is filling Akuma's role in Icarus' reconstituted Team F.I.S.T., with Icarus as himself and Tony Deppen going out of his way to imitate Chuck Taylor as closely as possible.
- The Stoic: Noted for not having much emotion in general, and often played the Straight Man to Icarus and Chuck Taylor.
- Tecnico Rudo Turn: Turned in 2005 and didn't look back until he got kicked out of F.I.S.T. in 2010.
- Rudo Tecnico Turn: After he came back to CHIKARA with F.I.S.T. in his sights.
- Tag Team: (Team) F.I.S.T., with Icarus and Chuck Taylor, until he was kicked out in favor of Johnny Gargano.
- Take That!: After returning in 2012, Akuma named his rolling Death Valley Driver the "MP4," in contrast to Icarus' "Blu-Ray." As he explained on Twitter, "Because I stole it."
- Arch-Enemy: Eddie Kingston, Die Bruderschaft des Kreuzes, UltraMantis Black.
- Bash Brothers: Frightmare, Delirious, UltraMantis Black (formerly), Blind Rage
- Catch Phrase: Once he gained the ability to speak in a coherent, intelligible manner due to Delirious using the Eye of Tyr on him, he would end promos with either "All Glory Nazmaldun," or "Vae Victis".
- Cool Mask: Even Jon Moxley had to admit Hallowicked's mask was pretty cool, so he decided he was going to "test" him to see if Hallowicked was worthy of wearing it. Team Chikara was ultimately victorious in their Dragon Gate USA tour so presumably Hallowicked is worthy.
- Costume Copy Cat: When Cheech and Cloudy dressed as and acted like he and Delirious, though Incoherence seemed to approve and even teamed up with their doppelgangers.
- Dark Is Not Evil: From 2006 onwards.
- Light Is Not Good: From 2015 onwards.
- Darkhorse Victory: After nothing resembling success in the promotion for two years, an unexpected return teaming alongside Jigsaw to beat The Briscoes in a proving ground match at ROH The Homecoming 2012. Yeah, the Briscoes would figure out how to beat them later, but still.
- The Dragon: To Blind Rage, UltraMantis Black, and Nazmaldun.
- Finishing Move: Graveyard Smash, CHIKARA Special. For the other, see below.
- Friend to All Children: When he and Delirious won los Campeonatos de Parejas, they invited the children in the audience to come and celebrate with them.
- Hard Head: Kingston headbutted him during their Falls Count Anywhere Match at Chapter 11, November 18, 2007, and Kingston was the one who sold it.
- I Was Beaten by a Girl: And how. Princess Kimberlee defeated him for the CHIKARA Grand Championship at Top Banana, December 5, 2015.
- Literary Allusion Title: One of his Finishing Moves is called "Go to Sleepy Hollow". He's billed from Sleepy Hollow.
- Not So Different: Mentioned by name in his promo before his CHIKARA Grand Championship title defense against Dasher Hatfield at The Immaculate Election, July 26, 2015. He said that Dasher has a "certain nobility about him" that neither he nor Nazmaldun can understand, but that when the Grand Championship is on the line he wants to see how far Dasher is willing to go. At Babylon Springs on November 8th, The Nightmare Warriors (Hallowicked and Frightmare) defeated The Throwbacks (Dasher and "Mr. Touchdown" Mark Angelosetti), The Osirian Portal and Hermit Crab and Cajun Crawdad in a four-way tag after Dasher abandoned the match when a piece of metal fell out of the elbow pad he'd been using, proving Angelosetti was still cheating. Dasher surrendered the points Dasher's Dugout (Throwbacks/Icarus/Heidi Lovelace) had accumulated in the Challenge of the Immortals tournament, confirming his nobility. However, his shocking heel turn as Grand Champion proved Wicked right, even though his turn was pure selfishness, as opposed to being put under a spell like Wicked was.
- Pet the Dog: He was teamed with Australian female wrestler Shazza McKenzie in a loss to Princess Kimberlee and The Whisper at CHIKARA La Loteria Letal 2018, October 27, 2018. Shazza seemed really happy to be there and to be teaming with a CHIKARA all-timer such as Hallowicked, and, while you can't really read any emotion on Hallowicked's mask, he seemed to have no problem with her. This is quite different from when he referred to the other wrestlers in the Infinite Gauntlet match as "infidel swine."
- Power Stable:
- Larry Sweeney's Sweet 'n' Sour International
- The Spectral Envoy, led by UltraMantis Black
- CHIKARA Sekigun, in Dragon Gate USA and EVOLVE
- The Nightmare Warriors, with Frightmare, Blind Rage and Silver Ant
- The heXed Men, with Frightmare, Icarus, The Batiri, Mark Angelosetti, Jigsaw and UltraMantis Black.
- The Legion of Rot, with Frightmare and Kobald.
- Pumpkin Person:
- Well, yes. He has a pumpkin-like stem on the top of his mask, and his shirt is cut to resemble a Jack-O'-Lantern.
- Almost completely averted with his 2015 ring gear. All he kept was the stem.
- Red Baron/Names to Run Away from Really Fast: "The Nightmare Warrior", "The Dark Minion of the Underworld", "The Broadsword"
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The Blue to Delirious's Red. Hallowicked just stands there when the ring bell sets Delirious into his usual rampage, for instance.
- Rudo Tecnico Turn: He debuted as a heel and turned face after the 2006 Tag World Grand Prix.
- Tecnico Rudo Turn: Originally forced into it by the Eye of Tyr in December of 2014, but has come to embrace it due to the influence of Nazmaldun.
- Shout-Out: The Symbol for Nazmaldun resembles that of the Skaven from the Warhammer tabletop game series.
- Tag Team:
- Night Shift, w/Blind Rage and Ichabod Slayne (Icarus)
- Dark Breed, w/UltraMantis Black
- Team Frightning, with "Lightning" Mike Quackenbush and Frightmare.
- Incoherence, w/Delirious and Frightmare
- Trash the Set: He and Delirious won the CHIKARA Campeonatos de Parejas at Bruised. After the match, they cut a celebratory promo while repeatedly hitting the big CHIKARA banner on the wall, causing part of it to come down onto Hallowicked.
- The Unintelligible: His team was called Incoherence for a reason.
- Averted completely in 2015, with many finding him speaking perfect English to be incredibly creepy.
- Ur-Example: First-ever Young Lions Cup Champion and he and Blind Rage won the first ever Tag World Grand Prix. He is also the first ever Triple Crown Champion in CHIKARA history, the inaugural WrestleJam Champion and the inaugural Excellence Champion.
Icarus (formerly Ichabod Slayne)
- Brainwashed: Hypnotized by Nazmaldun. Snapped out of it by Nazmaldun's banishment.
- The Chew Toy: Truly a rudo everybody loved to hate, probably the single most hated rudo in CHIKARA history.
- Until Die Bruderschaft des Kreuzes came along. He actually got cheered during the Torneo Cibernetico match against them at The Dark Ciberknetico.
- Defied again starting in mid-2013, as his willingness to step up and defend CHIKARA when nobody else would gradually made him beloved by fans. Until mid-2016, he was loudly cheered and chanted for.
- Don't Explain the Joke: His Death Valley Driver (DVD) variant, in which he drives his opponent into the turnbuckles, is called the "Blu-ray". The name is explained: "It's just that much better than a DVD!"
- Embarrassing Tattoo: To the point where many fans don't even know him as Icarus, just "that guy with the stupid back tattoo".
- Tursas has referred to him on Twitter (in-character) as "Backstain."
- Now in t-shirt form!
- It's worth noting that part of his HeelFace Turn involved covering the tattoo up. And that it remained covered up even through his forced rudo turn.
- In 2018, he cemented his rookie-bullying rudo turn by once again uncovering the tattoo.
- Everything's Deader with Zombies: Was one as Ichabod Slayne, dropped when he turned Tecnico the first time and when he lost the mask and became Icarus.
- Evil Costume Switch: After being conscripted by Nazmaldun, switched to a full-body black and red costume...but didn't show the tattoo.
- Fallen Hero: Started showing shades of this after losing the Grand Championship to Hallowicked. Properly fell once he encountered Nazmaldun.
- Finishing Move: Wings of Icarus (Pedigree)
- Grumpy Old Man: His 2018 heel turn was based on him not being impressed by the latest series of Wrestle Factory graduates.
- HeelFace Revolving Door: Started as a rudo with the Night Shift (as Ichabod Slayne). Turned tecnico later in 2002. Back to rudo in 2005 (with Gran Akuma), then spent until mid-2013 as a rudo. Though he showed signs of turning while teaming with Sugar Dunkerton during season 12, it took CHIKARA closing to truly cement his status as a tecnico, as he took a stand against the Titor Conglomerate when no one else would and started the #IAmCHIKARA movement. This lasted 'til mid-2016, as the Brainwashing mentioned above turned him rudo yet again. When that ended at the end of 2016, he promptly went back to being a tecnico, only to turn rudo once again in 2018.
- The Hero: Of mid-2013 and 2014 against the Titor Conglomerate and the Flood. Continued partially into 2015 until he lost the Grand Championship to Hallowicked.
- Homage: His ring gear in 2013 was a tribute to Marty Jannetty, who he idolizes.
- Icarus Allusion: Of course.
- Improbable Weapon User: At Aniversario: A Horse of Another Color, at the start of the Spectral Envoy (UltraMantis Black/Hallowicked)/Icarus/Mister ZERO/Dragonfly vs. GEKIDO match, Icarus smashed a pumpkin he had brought with him onto combatANT's head. Doubles as a Call-Back/Mythology Gag, since The Night Shift used pumpkins supplied by Mister ZERO back in 2002.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: When everyone else gave up on CHIKARA following Never Compromise, he refused to.
- Keet: In his early days as a tecnico.
- Kick the Son of a Bitch: He killed Deucalion at the Season 14 finale. Given that Deucalion was the most evil person ever to step foot into CHIKARA with a fatality rate nearly into the double digits, few tears were shed for him.
- La Résistance: The "lost" Season 17 saw Icarus try to organize the tecnicos against The Legion of Rot (Hallowicked, Frightmare and Kobald), which fell apart due to too many issues sending people in too many directions.
- Large Ham: Will go to some truly ridiculous lengths to get a laugh. Like being on the receiving end of a swirlie from Mr. Touchdown.
- Leitmotif: For several of his Ashes videos, a simple piano melody that plays during the introductory scenes. It was later incorporated into his post-Ashes theme, Soar.
- Only the Chosen May Wield: Was able to successfully wield The Estonian Thunderfrog's Hammer of War against Deucalion. As of September 2015, however, he was no longer able to wield it.
- Power Stable:
- (as Ichabod Slayne in CHIKARA): Night Shift, with Blind Rage and Hallowicked.
- (as Icarus): The Kings of Wrestling
- Dasher's Dugout in the Challenge of the Immortals tournament, with Dasher Hatfield, "Mr. Touchdown" Mark Angelosetti and Heidi Lovelace
- The heXed Men, led by Hallowicked, with Frightmare, The Batiri, Mark Angelosetti, Jigsaw and UltraMantis Black.
- The Furies, with Fire Ant, Ophidian, Obariyon, The Rumblebees (Solo Darling and Travis Huckabee) and Team Sea Stars.
- Red Baron: "The Winged Ring Warrior". Potentially misleading, as he isn't really a high flyer.
- Hallowicked dubbed him "the Morning Star".
- Religious and Mythological Theme Naming: He's named Icarus and is billed from "Mount Olympus," both taken from Greek Mythology.
- Screams Like a Little Girl: When towel snapped in the back of the head by Shane Storm after losing his hair for the first time.
- Shout-Out: His post-Ashes look and ring gear were one to The Greatest American Hero. The theme song was also invoked for him twice during the Ashes video series, but inexplicably replaced for the movie.
- For a time, he was cutting promos in a voice clearly modeled after The Ultimate Warrior.
- Spiritual Successor: To Mike Quackenbush now that Quack's retired from the ring - his gear at least is obviously inspired by Quack's.
- He was seen stealing one of Quack's wrestling shirts in one of the Ashes Of videos, though this turned out to be part of an attempt to get Quack out of his depression.
- Wrestling Doesn't Pay: A weird variation in that Ronald Grams generally just enjoys wrestling as an occasional hobby, and doesn't want to give up his day job for it.
- Brainwashed: Unconfirmed but possibly the reason for his sudden turn to the side of Nazmaldun.
- The Cameo: Made some appearances for TNA in 2012, 2013 and 2014 as "Rubix."
- Chuck Cunningham Syndrome: As of 2017, removed from the Chikara roster without anything in the way of explanation.
- Finishing Move: Jig N' Tonic (Belly to back piledriver)
- Hazy Feel Turn: Mid 2014, left GEKIDO and The Flood rather than beat up his brother, but without returning to CHIKARA, only declaring that he was going to "find his own way."
- Green-Eyed Monster: His motivation for turning on Quackenbush at the end of Season 12.
- The Hero: Of 2004 against Larry Sweeney.
- The Lancer: To Quack from his mid-2000s return to Chikara until backstabbing him to join GEKIDO in 2012.
- Rudo Tecnico Turn: In 2004.
- Tecnico Rudo Turn: Jigsaw turned on Quack in late 2012 after Quack started trying to injure the GEKIDO wrestlers, saying that they need guidance not broken bones. Although Jig's point is acknowledged even by the tecnicos to have some merit, in his first match post-turn he wrestled as a pure Rudo. Also, it's been speculated that the reason he gave was just to cover up the real reason he turned - he was tired of being Quackenbush's Lancer and wanted to become the Quackenbush of GEKIDO.
- Motive Decay: Although his stated reason for turning heel was disagreement with Quack's method of handling the GEKIDO and the implied reason was jealousy, after turning he doesn't seem to have any particular motivations other than Be A Heel For the Evulz.
- Parts Unknown: "The Bermuda Triangle"
- Power Stable:
- (in CHIKARA): The Future Is Now, GEKIDO, The Flood and The heXed Men
- (in Dragon Gate USA): CHIKARA Sekigun
- (in Ring of Honor): Vulture Squad
- Portmanteau: His team with Mike Quackenbush was nicknamed QuackSaw, and his team with Shane Storm was ShaneSaw.
- Power Trio: The Toxic Trio, with Eddie Kingston and Blackjack Marciano
- Red Baron: "A Wrestling Riddle Wrapped in an Enigma"
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: In September 2014, he left GEKIDO and The Flood rather than beat up his brother Jolly Roger, but without returning to CHIKARA, only declaring that he was going to "find his own way". Didn't appear in anything CHIKARA-related from then until December 2015, when he appeared in a Top Banana hype video, then disappeared again 'til May 2016, where he made his return during the Infinite Gauntlet.
- Tag Team:
- The Conundrum, with Rorschach
- Pieces of Hate, with The Shard
- What the Hell, Hero?: Invoked by Jigsaw against Quackenbush during the feud with GEKIDO.
- Wrestling Family: His brother is Jolly Roger. This wasn't really acknowledged until 2014 and the aforementioned situation where Jigsaw quit The Flood rather than beat up Roger.
- Punny Name
- Signature Move: Capitol Punishment
- Tag Team: Beauty and the Beast, w/Love Bug
- Wrestling Doesn't Pay: A wrestling policeman.
- Chuck Cunningham Syndrome: After only a handful of appearances from May-June 2002.
One of the members of the second class, who debuted in 2002. From the very start, he was a tag partner of his childhood friend Eddie Kingston dubbed the Wild Cards. For much of his time in wrestling, the duo caused much trouble in CHIKARA, feuding with Team F.I.S.T. and Ultra-ZERO. However, he suddenly retired early in 2005, and has not been seen since then.
- Chuck Cunningham Syndrome: Vanished by the start of 2005. Some explanations outside of CHIKARA is Chris Hero kicking him out of all of wrestling or retiring of a knee injury he got in Canada in the winter of 2004, and to this day remains perhaps the most notable CHIKARA trainee to have never returned.
- The Dragon: Was this in the Toxic Trio of him, Kingston and a still-Rudo Jigsaw.
- Noodle Incident: For years Kingston would mention BlackJack's departure from wrestling as one of the reasons for his horrible attitude, always trying to make it sound as if BlackJack was forced out without explicitly saying so.
- Large Ham
- Playing Card Motifs: The Jack of Spades. Hence the name "BlackJack."
- Corrupt Corporate Executive: Briefly was one, then become a Good one.
- Finishing Move: Last Shaven Unicorn Drop
- Put on a Bus: By Icarus. He's returned a couple of times but is more or less retired from wrestling.
- Rule of Funny: He'd bring a cup of coffee and a newspaper with him to the ring. One of his big moves was the Newspaperlock, where he'd sit on his opponent's back in a Camel Clutch position and read a newspaper.
- Red Baron: "The Middle-Aged Corporate Tyrant"
- Tag Team:
- UltraZero, with UltraMantis
- Men @ Work, w/Shane Storm
- Ur-Example: Defeated Dragonfly in the first match in CHIKARA history.
- Acrofatic: Very agile for a guy his size.
- The Big Guy: For the Black T-Shirt Squad.
- Chuck Cunningham Syndrome: Was gone by the end of 2003 to go back to Jersey All-Pro Wrestling.
- Put on a Bus: After a series of on-and-off appearances from 2002-2004.
- The Ace: From CHIKARA's inception to at least 2008, possibly until 2011 when he lost in the 12 Large Summit final to Eddie Kingston.
- Arch-Enemy: His most hated rival over the years would have to be Chris Hero. After Hero left Chikara, it became Claudio Castagnoli.
- Author Appeal: Jushin Thunder Liger, Manami Toyota, Batman, Mexican wrestling, British wrestling legends Johnny Saint and Johnny Kidd, Tiger Mask, Lost, Comic Books, Anime, Talking Heads, Justice League, X-Men...and references to failed early 1990s WWE gimmicks Kwang and Max Moon.
- He once said in an interview that, with everyone trying to be "xtreme," he wanted CHIKARA to be "wacky."
- Badass Teacher: He was heavily involved in training many of the wrestlers who have been on CHIKARA's roster at one point or another.
- Big "SHUT UP!": He gave one to UltraMantis Black in this video when Mantis objected to Quack calling him an idiot for giving Vökoder (Tim Donst) the Eye of Tyr, which Donst then gave to Ares following the formation of Die Bruderschaft des Kreuzes.
- Black-and-Gray Morality: Quack's been deliberately trying to give the GEKIDO wrestlers career ending injuries, and succeeded with 2 of them. But he only started doing this as a response to GEKIDO doing it, and he says he's doing it to protect his roster from GEKIDO and others like them.
- Broken Pedestal: He was genuinely surprised in Dragon Gate when Yamato, whom he held among the best wrestlers in Japan, kicked him below the belt.
- Chekhov's Gun: The counter to the CHIKARA Special, since the only reason anyone would insist on creating a counter to his own finisher is because it would be important to the story later on, which is exactly what happened.
- The Comically Serious/Straight Man/Only Sane Man: To the wackier antics in CHIKARA. Generally, if the situation doesn't call for him to be serious, he's this, as seen in this promo with him telling Frightmare about how he needs to start focusing on the CHIKARA Young Lion's Cup, with Hallowicked presumably telling Frightmare the same thing in his own way, and Quack saying, "You heard the man."
- Determinator/Made of Iron: He suffered a concussion during his IWA Mid-South Light Heavyweight Title match with Joey Ryan which was a quarterfinal in the IWA Mid-South: 2007 Ted Petty Invitational Tournament, September 29, 2007. Despite that, he managed to win the match, and, ultimately, the tournament that same night.
- Finishing Move: Several.
- The Quackendriver (4 versions QD-QD IV)
- Lightning Lock Beta
- The CHIKARA Special, which he innovated. He then invented a few different variants.
- He Who Fights Monsters: In 2012. With the GEKIDO invasion, Quack has been getting increasingly vicious in his attacks on GEKIDO's members.
- The Hero/Big Good: In the feud with The Kings of Wrestling.
- The Host: He was the original one for CHIKARA's weekly YouTube series "Podcast-A-Go-Go."
- Impersonation Gambit: At CHIKARA Young Lions Cup II, Night II, July 31, 2004, there was a trios match where the Dark Breed (Hallowicked and UltraMantis Black) and DJ Skittles defeated the Sweet 'n' Sour International team of Spyrazul, Mobius and Flex Fenom. At Retribution Rumble of Revenge and Rumble to Remember, August 27th, there was an atomicos (8-man tag match) with Jigsaw/Jolly Roger/Men @ Work (Mister ZERO and Shane Storm) vs. the Sweet 'n' Sour International team of Larry Sweeney, Spyrazul, Rorschach and Crossbones, which Jigsaw's team won. Before the match, Sweeney was asking where Quackenbush was. Shane Storm defeated Spyrazul at Beware of Barely Badd Blasts and/or Blood Brawls on the Beach on September 25th. At The Cibernetico Cometh on October 30th, there was the first-ever Torneo Cibernetico match, with Jigsaw's team (Jigsaw/Men @ Work/F.I.S.T. [Icarus & Gran Akuma]/Jolly Roger and Private Eye/DJ Skittles) vs. Sweet 'n' Sour International (Sweeney/Spyrazul/Sharecropper/The Dark Breed/Crossbones/Mano Metallico/Rorschach.) When the match was down to Jigsaw vs. Sweeney/Spyrazul/Rorschach, Spyrazul hit a Black Tornado Slam on Rorschach and allowed Jigsaw to pin Rorschach. Spyrazul removed his mask to reveal, of course, Quackenbush. Quack threw the mask at Sweeney, wished Jigsaw luck and got himself counted out. This led to Jigsaw pinning Sweeney to win the match.
- Papa Wolf: Toward his students and toward CHIKARA itself, as GEKIDO had the misfortune of finding out for themselves.
- Power Stable:
- Put on a Bus: Vanished off the CHIKARA roster in 2013, after he received a packet of information regarding the Vavasseurs' company, Titor Conglomerate.
- The reason is Quack wanted to step out of the spotlight and leave the company to the next generation of wrestlers (though he's still there behind the scenes). He's mostly retired now.
- Red Baron: "Lightning," "The Master of a Thousand Holds"
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The rational, scientific Blue to Eddie Kingston's Red. That said, as his Roaring Rampage of Revenge against GEKIDO showed, he could also be a case of Beware the Nice Ones/You Wouldn't Like Me When I'm Angry. It's not that he and King are Not So Different, just that they'd get angry for different reasons.
- Screw the Rules, I Make Them!: The booker for CHIKARA.
- Shout-Out: He chose the name "Lightning" as a tribute to one of his heroes, Jushin "Thunder" Liger.
- So Last Season: Subverted. He pinned Bryan Danielson with the Alligator Clutch, not seen as a "legit" finishing move since the days of George Becker! Even in Becker's days it often failed.
- Tag Team:
- The Black T-Shirt Squad, w/Don Montoya and Reckless Youth
- The Superfriends, w/Chris Hero
- Team Frightning, w/Hallowicked and Frightmare
- Too Many Belts: Held six titles at once in 2004, from promotions in the U.S., Mexico and Germany, calling them the "I-Crown," a tribute to the Octuple J-Crown, which combined 8 different Junior Heavyweight/Light Heavyweight Title from 1996-1997. At the Season 3 opener, Kids Eat Free on Tuesdays, he announced a gauntlet match, ultimately won by Jigsaw, to determine the Number #1 contender to all of them. As shown above, he held six different titles a second time, in 2007-2008.
- The Unfettered: As of High Noon, when Kingston beat Quack for the Grand Championship, Quack feels like he's not the face of the company anymore and thus doesn't have any obligation to take the high road against invaders like GEKIDO.If you think, for some reason, we're going to stand idly by while you come in here and try to wreck what we have built over the last eleven seasons, I will greet you at the door and I will break your bones.
- Unreliable Narrator: At King of Trios 2010, he told Jigsaw that there wasn't a counter for the Inverted CHIKARA Special. During the Torneo Cibernetico between Team CHIKARAnote -BDKnote at The Dark Ciberknetico on October 23, 2010, Donst locked the hold on Quack...and Quack escaped, with Donst saying, "You said there wasn't a counter!" Justified, since Shane Storm giving the counter to the CHIKARA Special to Mantis to give to Chris Hero for his Hair vs. Mask match vs. Equinox (Vin Gerard) at The Sordid Perils of Everyday Existence on November 17, 2007 was the first big step toward the debut of the BDK in the first place.
- Badass Baritone: Has a very deep voice that's also hoarse from years of smoking.
- Evil Old Folks: Only in his 40s but that's still pretty old for pro wrestling.
- Hot-Blooded/No Indoor Voice: Check any of his promos.
- Playing with Fire: Used the old Memphis Fireball a couple of times, surprisingly enough.
- Who's Laughing Now?: At Bruised, October 26, 2007, he interfered in Quack's NWA World Junior Heavyweight Title defense against Lince Dorado. This was followed by Chuck Taylor handcuffing Quack to the ropes while Ryder whipped Dorado with a belt. Ryder berated the fans and asked this very question word for word in a very serious tone.
- Red Baron: "The Ornery Octogenarian from the Old Folks' Home"
- Ring Oldies: His gimmick was that he was a feeble geriatric in his 80s.
- Tag Team: The Senior Assault Team, with Lester Crabtree
UltraMantis Black (formerly just UltraMantis)
- Bald of Evil: A very shiny shaved head.
- Beard of Evil: Started with a chinstrap. Later grew a full although fairly close shaved beard.
- Big Bad: From 2010 to the end of 2011.
- Early-Bird Cameo: Was in the 2003 Tag World Grand Prix, had a match in 2005 against Quackenbush, and went back to Europe until Die Bruderschaft des Kreuzes formed.
- Foreign Wrestling Heel: From Switzerland.
- Put on a Bus: Was forced out of CHIKARA on the final show of 2011. He returned in 2013 with new BDK compatriots, Milo Schnitzler and Nøkken, to destroy Wrestling is Cool and announce his aim to reclaim the Eye of Tyr. He then returned to CHIKARA proper in 2014 as part of The Flood. In the fall of 2014 he was bussed out again when Jakob Hammermeier usurped control of the BDK.
- The Bus Came Back: Has recently returned, announcing his aim to reclaim the Eye of Tyr and also destroyed Wrestling is Cool . With his factionmates, he continued to appear with and wrestle for the Flood until Jakob Hammermeier put him back on the bus at King of Trios 2014.
- Porn Stache: In his 2014 return, he'd traded in his evil beard for one of these. He'd also started buzzing his hair instead of shaving it.
- Wrestling Family: Married to Allison Danger in Real Life.
- Cool Old Guy: He took part in the Strut-Off at the start of his and Larry Sweeney's match against F.I.S.T (Icarus and Gran Akuma) at Cibernetico Begins.
- He's also co-owner of the gallery that purchased CHIKARA from the Titor Conglomerate.
- Commuting on a Bus: Since Icarus removed him from the full-time roster, he made sporadic appearances for CHIKARA and the Wrestling Is promotions, even reviving Knight Eye for the Pirate Guy and temporarily being in possession of the physical Campeonatos de Parejas title belts. This has seemingly ended as of King of Trios 2014, when the Flood-aligned GEKIDO put him back on the bus for good.
- I Have No Brother: Let's just say that Jolly Roger didn't think Jigsaw refusing to beat him up was enough to redeem him from having turned on Chikara and sided with The Flood/GEKIDO instead.
- Parody Name: Knight Eye for the Pirate Guy is one to Queer Eye For The Straight Guy.
- The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything: He is a pirate. He wrestles, but has never done any pirating. He never even stole another wrestler's leather jacket.
- Put on a Bus: By Icarus.
- When Kevin Condron went on his anti-Quackenbush twitter rant in May 2017, Jolly Roger spoke up in support of Condron and said that Quackenbush had blacklisted him for refusing to attend a show he'd already said he wouldn't be at.
- Tag Team: Knight Eye for the Pirate Guy, w/Lance Steel
- Wrestling Family: He's Jigsaw's brother.
- Chuck Cunningham Syndrome: He just sort of vanished.
- Faceless Eye: His head is literally one giant Eye.
- Generation Xerox: With the introduction of Private Eye Jr.
- Lean and Mean: He was pretty skinny and worked as a heel his entire career.
- Lesser Star: Of The Conundrum.
- The Mole: He's revealed to be Gary the Barn Owl's mole in CHIKARA in the Submission Impossible video "Inside Info".
- '80s Hair: A Punk Rock Mohawk.
- Abhorrent Admirer: For Heidi Lovelace, since he gave her Kisses Of Distraction in a variety of promotions. In Heidi's final CHIKARA promo, before her match with Cannon at CHIKARA White Rabbit, she even speculates that Cannon might have a "secret crush" and that it might have been the reason why he held back during their matches.
- Badass Beard/Beard of Evil: Depending on his face/heel alignment at the time.
- Bomb Throwing Anarchist: This was his gimmick, although he didn't actually throw bombs.
- The Brute: Like most gaijin heels, ended up as this in the heel stable - at the time Cannon was in Dragon Gate, that was the Muscle Outlawz.
- Celebrity Resemblance: To the Kool-Aid Man
- Delinquent Hair: A mohawk to rival Yasushi Kanda's classic one from his M2K days.
- Finishing Move: Anarchist Hammer, Glimmering Warlock, Total Anarchy
- Hillbilly Moonshiner: As a member of The Moonshinin' Men Of Appalachia in Olde Wrestling.
- Jobber: In a funny way. Cannon had gone to Japan to work for a different promotion, and that fell through. He went to Dragon Gate, who said they could use him, but because the writing for the shows was finished, they couldn't let him win any matches. Cannon said that was fine. As such, he was presented as a beast and mauled the faces before getting pinned in almost every match he participated in. They gave him a couple wins at the very end of his run.
- The Knights Who Say "Squee!": His main motivation for wrestling at FEST is to see Jawbreaker, Less Than Jake, Against Me, Tim Barry, Masked Intruder and all the other bands that perform under the banner.
- One Steve Limit: He and Arik Royal were in Pro Wrestling Guerilla at the same time.
- Power Stable:
- Stout Strength: Pudgy and soft around the edges, but able to execute power moves on pretty much any face on the roster.
- Tag Team: AC/DC, with Darin Corbin
- The Bartender: At the Fujiwara Arm Bar in the final Ashes video, "Workin'".
- Big Damn Heroes: Became a regular part of his character in later years.
- At Martyr Yourself To Caution on September 18, 2011, UltraMantis Black attacked The BDK's Ares following Ares' match with Marshe Rockett of Da Soul Touchaz. The Dark Army (Sinn Bohdi, The Batiri, and Kobald) attacked the Spectral Envoy (Mantis, Hallowicked and Frightmare) with Crossbones running in with the flag of Mantis' former faction the Order of the Neo-Solar Temple to be the fourth man for the Envoy team.
- At High Noon on November 13th, the BDK's Jakob Hammermeier interfered during the Envoy (Mantis/Hallowicked)-BDK (Ares/Tim Donst) Lucha de Apuesta match, with Crossbones again running in with the flag and chasing Jakob away.
- The Dark Army (Delirious, Ophidian and the Batiri) ran in during the Envoy-Team Ring of Honor (Mike Bennett and The Young Bucks [Matt and Nick Jackson]) tournament final at King of Trios 2012 Night III, September 16, 2012, with Crossbones again involving himself, taking out Delirious and helping to fight off the Batiri.
- Cool Mask: As seen above.
- Deadpan Snarker: Oh yeah. As one example, he crossed this with a blatant parody of So Beautiful, It's a Curse at Young Lions Cup III Night II, July 23, 2005. After his opponent Shiima Xion had introduced himself as the first Filipino model wrestler, Crossbones claimed to be the first male model from Parts Unknown. He added that he had to wear a mask because all the ladies would run to him if he wrestled without it.
- Dem Bones: His appearance is of a skeleton, though not played up as much as it is with La Parka.
- Facial Markings: As Oni in CZW.
- Finishing Move: Friggin' Sweet Driver, Enzuigiri
- He's Back: Announced his return in February 2017.
- Everything's Better with Dinosaurs: He is shown standing next to a picture of a Tyrannosaurus rex.
- Godzilla Threshold: He made his return to CHIKARA at CHIKARA Aniversario: School Reunion to face Merlok, a big wrestling piranha who has been brutalizing his opponents.note Merlok defeated Crossbones, meaning that Merlok's destructive behavior will continue.
- I Am Big Boned: Played with. Mentioned by name in this Twitter post. Other times he talks about losing weight.
- Jerkass: Toward his partner Mano Metalico in 2005, since, at CHIKARA Tag World Grand Prix 2005 Night I, February 18, 2005, and at CHIKARA Don't Eat the Black One on March 19th, Crossbones would use Mano to demonstrate how to kick someone. At the latter show, he even brought in people from the audience to kick Mano.
- Man Bites Man: He bit Unstable member STIGMA's arm during the Trios Increibles match where he teamed with Team F.I.S.T. member Icarus and Unstable member Colin Delaney against UltraMantis Black, STIGMA and Team F.I.S.T. member Chuck Taylor at CHIKARA Cibernetico Increible, October 18th, 2009.
- Mood Whiplash: At Time Will Prove Everything, March 24, 2007, he faced Create-A-Wrestler (today, Dasher Hatfield). In his promo, Crossbones questioned the logic of such a gimmick, and called C-A-W "a nobody," "a loser" and a "dead man." Then Icarus walked over and told Crossbones, "Good job with Captain America," and Crossbones responded with a chipper "Thanks, buddy."
- Parts Unknown: "Jerk Town, NJ"
- Power Stable:
- Sweet 'n' Sour International
- The Order of the Neo-Solar Temple
- The Spectral Envoy
- Product Placement: The DVD cover for CHIKARA The Mint Condition was a picture of Crossbones holding a York Peppermint Pattie with the logo in full view.
- Put on a Bus: As a result of Delirious breaking his clavicle in May 2010. It was his end as a full time wrestler in CHIKARA. He'd resurface Martyr Yourself to Caution, and make a few more one-offs over the years.
- Real Men Wear Pink: Wore a pink mask for a time.
- Red Baron: "The Heavyweight Horror"
- Tattooed Crook: His arms are covered with tattoos. He also did Mantis' tats.
- The Un-Favourite: In the Order of the Neo-Solar Temple, as Mantis would fawn over Hydra, Tim Donst and Delirious while ignoring or belittling Crossbones, as seen in this promo from CHIKARA Three-Fisted Tales, November 22, 2009. This is despite the fact that Crossbones was the only one who was loyal, as Hydra left, and Delirious and Tim Donst (disguised as Vökoder) both turned on Mantis and joined the BDK, and that Crossbones was usually the Only Sane Man of the group.
- Would Hit a Girl: Came close to the parodied variation in his promo before the mixed trios match at CHIKARA The Global Gauntlet Night I, October 18, 2008, where he teamed with Ryan and Madison Eagles in a loss to the Colony (Fire Ant and Soldier Ant) and Jessie McKay, saying, "Equal rights, equal fights!"
- Action Girl
- Tag Team: You Can Call Me Al with Alere Little Feather
- Wrestling Family: The real-life sister of Steve Corino, and is married to Ares.
- Ambiguously Brown: Half black, half Cambodian.
- Take That!: Also wrestled as "Colt CaBunny", the tag team partner of CP Munk. See below.
- The Brute: In Sweet 'n' Sour International
- Made of Iron: His gimmick was that his hand was, but about all of him was due to the abuse he would take from everybody in and maybe not in a match.
- Mighty Glacier: About 6'3" and 300 lbs, and as agile as you'd expect from someone that size (not at all). He hit pretty hard though.
- With Friends Like These...: Crossbones was a lousy partner back then, he was usually the one who started Dragon Kicking him when he was seated on the ring!
- Crossbones would even give everyone else pointers on how to properly Dragon Kick him!
- Odd Friendship: With Jigsaw. Originally they tagged so Sabian could get a shot at Jigsaw's CHIKARA Young Lions Cup, but continued teaming for a while anyways.
- Tag Team: BLKOUT, with different combinations of Eddie Kingston, Joker and Ruckus.
- The Dragon: To Larry Sweeney in Sweet 'n' Sour International.
- Odd Friendship: With Larry Sweeney.
- Parts Unknown: A rare subversion, since while he was announced from "The Topsoil of Mother Earth," everyone says he is from North Platte, Nebraska.
Lance Steel (both I and II...and possibly a III)
- Antiquated Linguistics: The first (the second was much more modern).
- The Bus Came Back: A Lance Steel (unknown if a new one or one of the previous ones) was heavily involved in the 2019 "The Crucible" storyline.
- Knight in Shining Armor: Both
- Black Knight: The first one after turning Rudo.
- One Steve Limit: Parodied.
STIGMA (formerly Shane Storm)
- Alliterative Name: Shane Storm.
- The Brute: In The UnStable.
- The Bus Came Back: After disappearing from Chikara in 2012, participated in an 11 vs 11 match at National Pro Wrestling Day 2015 under his Shane Storm gimmick.
- Call-Back: Because of the need to unite the roster, STIGMA, of all people, was on Team CHIKARAnote for the Torneo Cibernetico against the BDKnote at The Dark Ciberknetico, October 23, 2010. He wore a Shane Storm mask on his way to the ring before removing it.
- Chuck Cunningham Syndrome: When he quit the UnStable instead of starting something new he just vanished without explanation.
- Darker and Edgier: STIGMA. As Chikara was getting more serious in its characters and booking, Shane Storm began to stick out in a bad way, so they turned him heel and changed his gimmick.
- Even Evil Has Standards: Invoked when he left Vin Gerard and the UnStable.
- Evil Costume Switch: When he became STIGMA. Of course, no way was his Shane Storm get-up going to work as a Rudo.
- Finishing Move:
- (as Shane Storm): That Japanese Move (Shining Wizard)
- (as STIGMA): Stigmata (Tombstone Piledriver)
- I Did What I Had to Do: His explanation for why he gave UltraMantis Black the secret to the CHIKARA Special.
- Kudzu Plot: The fact that he and Mike Quackenbush had 3 points towards a shot at the Campeonatos de Parejas that they never cashed in because Quack attacked him before the match started. Like a less-lame version of WCW's "white hummer angle"note it would get mentioned semi-regularly but nothing would ever happen towards resolving it. It was resolved when, after Chikara reopened in 2014, the points record for the Campeonatos was reset.
- Non-Ironic Clown: Well, his mask as Shane Storm certainly looked the part at least.
- Parts Unknown: (as Shane Storm): "The Pennsylvania Turnpike"
- Put on a Bus: Lost a match (with the UnStable) against 3.0 where the losing team would be forced to break up. He can be seen most often in Grand Slam Wrestling under his Shane Storm gimmick.
- Rule of Funny: As Storm he carries around a STOP/SLOW sign, forcing his opponent to either stand in place for an indefinite amount of time or move in slow motion.
- Tag Team: (as Shane Storm), Men @ Work, w/Mr. Zero
- Wrestling Doesn't Pay: Originally a unionized traffic regulator.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: His masks as Shane Storm had different-colored mullets.
- All-Loving Hero: He's not called "The World's Sweetest Man" for nothing.
- Chuck Cunningham Syndrome: Vanished from CHIKARA in early 2016, due to second portrayer Kevin Condron's real-life exit from CHIKARA.
- Finishing Move: The Downton Lock
- Odd Friendship: With the Estonian Thunderfrog, who he says is his best friend. Also formed one with the FarmerFrog, Thunderfrog's reincarnation.
- Quintessential British Gentleman: His gimmick.
KC "Cloudy" Day (formerly Cloudy)
- Surfer Dude: His gimmick change in late 2008.
- Killed Off for Real: Brutally murdered at the hands of Oleg the Usurper in CHIKARA offshoot promotion Wrestling is Fun.
- Off with His Head!: Courtesy of Oleg the Usurper.
- Our Dragons Are Different: No wings or horns, can't breath fire, mostly green, and a big head. He got over, though, and, Eddie Kingston put him over huge on commentary in his debut match at Running in the Red.
- Parts Unknown: "Dragon's Lair, AR"
- Red Baron: "Mighty Mighty Medieval Medieval Monster Monster"
- Tag Team: Triple Dragon, w/Retail Dragon
- WTH, Costuming Department?: Invoked on commentary by Eddie Kingston after his mask fell off in his debut match."Oh no! Oh no! His mask is off! Oh someone's getting fired!"
- Affectionate Parody: Of John Cena of all things.
- Stealth Pun: Nowadays it's harder to figure out why a chubby Mexican guy with a Doctor gimmick has anything to do with him, but back then, remember Cena's old Badass Nickname The Doctor of Thuganomics".
Vin Gerard (formerly Equinox I)
- Big Bad: Of season eight.
- Fake Nationality: Invoked by Chris Hero after unmasking him, since, as Equinox, he was billed as a Mexican luchador.
- Finishing Move:
- (as Equinox): Standing Shooting Star Press
- (as himself): STF
- From Nobody to Nightmare: As Equinox, an extremely unremarkable lower midcard face. As Vin Gerard, the Big Bad of season 8 and leader of the UnStable.
- Power Trio: The UnStable
- Power Stable: The New Jersey Independent All-Stars
- Worked Shoot: Vin beat Eddie Kingston clean via STF one day before being released by Chikara in October 2011, giving Kingston his only loss in the tournament to crown the inaugural Grand Champion. Kingston ended up winning the title. Meanwhile, Vin spent some time on other indies releasing tweets and YouTube videos demanding a title shot against Kingston, and it seemed as though this was building towards a big, possibly inter-fed, angle. Instead he was abruptly rehired in February 2012, got his title shot, lost in 10 minutes and was re-released.
- Early-Bird Cameo: Made infrequent appearances in the mid-'00s (including participating in King of Trios 2008) and teamed with the Gentleman's Club at King of Trios 2014 before joining the roster full time in 2015.
- Only Sane Man: The only normal member of the Gentleman's Club. Grew increasingly frustrated with his teammates actions.
- Put on a Bus: Straight to WWE.
- Red Baron: "The Legal Eagle"
Cheech Hernandez (formerly just Cheech)
- Finishing Move: A Full Nelson called the Hydralock
- Ineffectual Sympathetic Villain: He was supposed to be a heel, but as a 130 pound power wrestler heeling didn't go very well for him.
- Non-Heroic Sacrifice: Sacrificed himself to end Shane Storm's losing streak at The Sordid Perils of Everyday Existence, November 11, 2007, after Storm gave UltraMantis Black the counter to the CHIKARA Special who passed it on to Chris Hero.
- Parts Unknown: "The Belly of the Beast"
- Power Stable: The Order of the Neo-Solar Temple
- Rule of Funny: His Fake Muscles, which were either big foam ones or were simply drawn on his body.
- Sea Monster: Parodied, since he was only 130 lbs.
- Tag Team: The Sea Donsters, with Tim Donst.
- Take That!: Used for a rip on WWE at Style and Substance on September 7, 2008. He was washing up backstage (after Incoherence, Hydra and Helios had defeated Mantis, Crossbones, Bruce Maxwell and TJ Cannon) and Leonard F. Chikarason congratulated him on the win but questioned his physique, mentioning CHIKARA's "wellness program" and told Hydra he would see him on Monday to discuss the issue further.
- The Unintelligible: Not much beyond grunts as Hydra.
Milano Collection AT
- Rule of Funny: Him being an Italian supermodel when he's obviously Japanese. His invisible dog qualifies too.
CP Munk (aka Necro Butcher)
The North Star Express (Darin Corbin & Ryan Cruz)
- Finishing Move: Cruz Control
- Finishing Move: Rollback Driver
- Flat Character: Didn't dress or act like a Dragon or a Retail Supermarket worker. Add in the fact he was kind of mediocre in the ring, and you can see why most people didn't really care about him.
- Parts Unknown: "Super Walmart, Aisle C"
- Canada, Eh?: From Quebec.
- Finishing Move: The Lifestyle
- Power Stable: The Kings of Wrestling
- Villainous BSoD: When his mentor Chris Benoit died, he left wrestling for a while to cope.
El Hijo del Ice Cream
- Harmless Villain: Los Ice Creams would generally rather clown around in the ring than wrestle.
- The 'villain' portion has since been averted, as according to the 2015 revamp of the CHIKARA roster page, they're tecnicos.
- I Was Beaten by a Girl: Saturyne, at A Death Worse Than Fate.
- Let's Get Dangerous!: Thanks to Princess Kimberlee's encouragement, went from losing matches left and right as part of Crown & Court to pinning Blind Rage cleanly. TWICE, the second time being in a one-on-one match.
- The Trickster
- Angrish: Usually only speaks in growls, rarely speaks English.
- He averted this in this CHIKARA Ashes video.
- The Hero: Of the Colony and of 2008 against Vin Gerard.
- I Work Alone: As of the end of season 18 and the miserable failure of The Furies to really do much of anything, he declared this in a blog.
- Red Baron: "The Hot Property," "The Energetic Insectoid Grappler"
- Sole Survivor: Of The Colony.
Helios (formerly Ricochet)
- Charlie Brown from Outta Town: The whole Helios thing.
- The Generic Guy: Never really developed any distinct personality traits and was mostly defined by his athletic ability.
- Paper-Thin Disguise: It's not much of a secret he was Ricochet.
Ice Cream Jr.
- Ass Kicks You: One of their big moves is "El Asesino"
- Garbage Wrestler: Parodied with his use of Sprinkles like Thumbtacks.
- Harmless Villain: Los Ice Creams are usually more interested in clowning around in the ring than wrestling.
- The 'villain' portion has since been averted, as according to the 2015 revamp of the CHIKARA roster page, they're tecnicos.
- Mexico: Los Ice Creams are billed from Mexicali, Mexico.
- Shout-Out: One of his big moves is called the Jack and Jill Hammer.
3.0 (Shane Matthews & Scott "Jagged" Parker)
- Alter-Ego Acting: Matthews and Parker were introduced as 2.0. In 2010, they mysteriously started calling themselves the Badd Boyz, Brad (Shane) and Chadd (Scott). At Wit, Verve and a Bit o'Nerve, March 20, 2010, there was supposed to be a match between 2.0 and the Badd Boyz, but 2.0 didn't come out. After they were counted out, the Badd Boyz explained that they were 2.0 all along, but they changed their names because they hadn't been winning very often. They then went back to their own names and renamed the team 3.0. This doubled as their HeelFace Turn.
- Aside Glance: Twice in Ashes videos: a blatant one during "Deja Vu" (with a faint noise accompanying it, a la Hot Fuzz)note , and a quick, possibly unintentional one during "When?".
- The Bus Came Back: In time to compete at King of Trios 2015. Since then, has been Commuting on a Bus for sporadic appearances.
- Calling Your Attacks: "HEADSCISSOOOOOOOOOORS!" "BOSTON CRAAAAAAAAB!"
- Canada, Eh?: On the old version of CHIKARA's roster page, Matthews' wrestling style was described as "Canadian style!" Jagged was described as "Quebec's Ostentatious Obnoxio!"
- Catch-Phrase Spouting Duo:"BOOYAH!!!"
- Chuck Cunningham Syndrome: Vanished from CHIKARA with no explanation after being defeated by the Throwbacks at For Your Eyes Only.
- Cloudcuckoolander's Minder: Jagged can be this to Shane Matthews, as he's usually the more mellow member of the 3.0 team.
- Did You Just Punch Out Cthulhu?: Well, they came close. At Eye to Eye, September 18, 2010, they challenged Die Bruderschaft des Kreuzes (Ares and Claudio Castagnoli) for the Campeonatos de Parejas. The BDK won the first fall in five seconds due to Delirious attacking before the bell. During the second fall, Jagged ducked a kick from Claudio, causing him to hit Ares, and rolled Claudio up for the pin. That was the first time the BDK had ever lost a fall in a CdP match. Along with Frightmare defeating Lince Dorado in the final of the Young Lions Cup Tournament on August 29th, this was a sign that the BDK were not invincible.
- Finishing Move: A combination Face-first powerbomb/Codebreaker called The Sweet Taste of Professionalism.
- Incoming Ham: Their entrance theme starts with the words, "Feel the flow of 3.0".
- Only Known by Their Nickname: For a long time Scott Parker was only known as Jagged. When 3.0 first went face, Jagged acknowledge and started using his real name. Shane Matthews was astonished, having not realized Jagged actually had a name.
- Red Baron: Shane's is "Big Magic." As a team: "The Most Professional Tag Team In Wrestling," "The Sultans of Smirk"
- Shout-Out: In the Ashes video "Thwarted", Jagged wore a Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man T-shirt that featured the words "Who You Gonna Call?"
- Trademark Favorite Food: Pepperoni sticks and Red Bull.
- Unrelated Brothers: As The Badd Boys, Chad and Brad.
- Xtreme Kool Letterz: Badd Boyz
- Hard Head: And the Thomasellies were the first to know.
Player Uno (also known as Evil Uno)
- Brainwashed: By Deucalion and the Flood, until Top Banana where an accidental Worldstar punch from Jakob Hammermeier snapped him out of it.
- Game-Breaking Injury: Blinded (his remaining antenna was ripped off his head) by Frightmare.
- "I Know You're in There Somewhere" Fight: Silver Ant, Worker Ant, and Fire Ant all attempted this on him. None of their attempts stuck.
- The Juggernaut: His return to a CHIKARA ring in the 2014 Cibernetico saw him eliminate five members of the opposing team, No-Sell almost everything that hit him and win it for The Flood.
- The Lancer: To Fire Ant.
- No-Sell: During the 2014 Cibernetico, he ignored kicks and got right back up from suplexes. The only thing that even made him flinch was Obariyon's feared Flying DDT, and he kicked out of that in 2 (not even 2 and a half).
- Put on a Bus: As a result of his Game-Breaking Injury.
- The non-kayfabe reason being that he's Drew Gulak, who got signed by WWE.
- Red Baron: "The Militant Mat Mite"
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: Got sick of Wink Vavasseur and resigned from Chikara. The Colony trying to find him again was one of the main storylines of the Ashes series of videos.
- Token Good Teammate: After being reassigned to The Swarm.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: The Ashes video series started with Fire Ant and Green Ant looking for Soldier - but between the reveal of The Flood and assailANT's face turn, it seemed Soldier had been forgotten about...
- ...until he returned as a Brainwashed member of the Flood in the aftermath of You Only Live Twice.
- The Heart: Of the Colony.
- Legacy Character: His successor was originally thought to be Green Ant, but it turned out to be assailANT.
- Passing the Torch: Gave Green Ant his mask and name in the second Ashes video, "Man Down", though Green Ant did not take it, instead passing it on to assailANT in the last Ashes video, "Workin'".
- Dance Battler: He'd engage in dance-offs with his opponents.
- Egyptian Mythology: Always present, but low-key. Until his return in 2013, when it played in a lot more.
- Game-Breaking Injury: Was seemingly forced to retire in 2011 due to a serious spinal injury suffered in a car crash. He returned a year and a half later, though.
- Put on a Bus: After Amasis announced his retirement, Ophidian turned on him and stripped him of his mask. Ophidian would claim he "killed" Amasis and took his soul.
- The Bus Came Back: Returned at the 2012 season finale to give Ophidian quite a scare. In the early months of 2013, he taunted Ophidian from the sidelines, before returning to the roster to seek revenge.
- Real Song Theme Tune: The Osirian Portal used various versions/covers of The Bangles' "Walk Like An Egyptian," of course.
- Red Baron: "The Funky Pharaoh". Later "The Madjai of the Deities".
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: He's a pharaoh. But he wrestles. And dances.
- Salt and Pepper: Snake and Pepper, with Ophidian - although Ophidian's obviously white under his costume.
- All-American Face: Until he joined the BDK.
- Appeal to Popularity: From his "Who is The Man" song:"I am the greatest Young Lions Cup Champion of all time
I know this because fans come up to me and they say
'You're the greatest Young Lions Cup Champion of all time'"
- The Atoner: After CHIKARA's closure, he has since tried to atone for what he did to Jakob and Turtle in his appearances for the Wrestling Is promotions. In the Ashes video "Fickle", he asked Icarus to apologize to Jakob for him and give him his Young Lions Cup. This was never followed up on, as Donst and CHIKARA parted ways not long after.
- Friend or Idol Decision: Bailed on Ares at High Noon since he valued his hair and his Young Lions Cup than he did Ares, leading to UltraMantis Black pinning Ares to regain the Eye of Tyr.
- Heävy Mëtal Ümlaut: As Vökoder.
- Hollywood Tone-Deaf
- I Know Collegiate Wrestling: His original moniker was "The Mat Wrestling Machine" and he wrestled in a singlet and earguards.
- Jerkass: It all started when he freaked out and attacked Hydra, breaking up the Sea Donsters.
- Punny Name: His Finishing Moves have such names as the "Donstitution" and "From Dusk Till Donst."
- Put on a Bus: Announced that he would not be returning to CHIKARA in 2014. During the Chikara hiatus, he ended up making Absolute Intense Wrestling his home promotion.
- Sanity Slippage: When Hallowicked stole his YLC trophy, Donst went slowly more and more insane, to the point where Donst tried to MURDER Hallowicked by hitting him with a forklift, throwing him off a balcony, and threatening him with a power drill.
- Later would claim that Hallowicked was a god.
- The Starscream: Towards the end of the BDK, to Ares. In the final Cibernetico, he ended up pulling a Villain: Exit, Stage Left and abandoning Ares to take the fall.
- Would Hit a Girl: Managed to evoke this in spirit in a promotion where intergender wrestling is permitted. He broke Saturyne's CHIKARA special by grabbing her by the throat with his free hand and slamming her head/neck into the mat until she let go, then trying to break her arm with an armbar.
- Animal Motif: The lynx. One of his Finishing Moves is called the "Lynxsault". His masks have cat (well, lynx) ears.
- Chuck Cunningham Syndrome: After no-showing two cards and/or appearing unmasked in a video.
- Determinator: Drove Eddie Kingston almost nuts because no matter how many times King beat him, he kept getting back up after.
- Fragile Speedster: A high-flyer who is also injury prone.
- I Have the High Ground: Regularly used moonsaults and the Shooting Star Press.
- Power Stable: The Future Is Now, later the BDK.
- Take That, Audience!: Explained that he joined the BDK in part because of how the fans hadn't cared about him while he was injured.
Dasher Hatfield (formerly Create-A-Wrestler I, MosCow the Communist Bovine & Ultimo Breakfast)
Buck Hawke (formerly Shayne Hawke)
- Commuting on a Bus: In recent years, he shows up at least once or twice a year.
- Dude, Not Funny!: Got a nice in-universe reaction when he took a shoulderblock from Lince Dorado and pretended to have a seizure. Lince had suffered a legitimate seizure several months prior.
- Evil Redhead: Evil might be putting it a little bit strongly, but Buck was an obnoxious jerk for his entire Chikara stint.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: He had to wrestle Mike Quackenbush, and decided to stall by constantly accusing
- Power Stable: The Kings of Wrestling
- Sycophantic Servant: To Mitch Ryder.
- Tag Team: The Fabulous Three/The Fabulous Two, which were different combinations of Larry Sweeney, Mitch Ryder, himself and/or Robbie Ellis.
- Tears of Joy: At Tragedy and Triumph, July 13, 2008, Mitch Ryder told Hawke that he considered Hawke a worthy partner and decided to give Hawke a Memphis-style name and renamed him Buck. Hawke welled up with tears as if this
Colin Olsen/Colin Delaney
- Harmless Villain: As Colin Olsen.
- Small Name, Big Ego: Briefly had a job working for WWE's version of ECW and it went to his head. When he returned to Chikara he no longer wanted to team with Jimmy Olsen, kept using the name he'd been given in WWE, and adopted the moniker Extremely Cute Wrestler so that nobody forgot he was in ECW.
- Took a Level in Badass: When he joined the UnStable, he became a much more serious opponent.
- Unrelated Brothers: With Jimmy.
Jimmy Olsen (formerly Equinox II)
- Harmless Villain: At first, although he was always the more serious and more likely to kick ass of the Olsens.
- Megaton Punch: One of his finishers was a haymaker punch.
- Took a Level in Badass: When Colin joined the UnStable and turned on Jimmy, he became much more serious to deal with the threat.
- The Assimilator: As of Chikarasaurus Rex: How to Hatch a Dinosaur, he had absorbed the souls of both Amasis and Hieracon and claimed to be all of them in one body. Dropped after his "purification".
- Divine Intervention: It's heavily implied that his godly patrons had a huge hand in protecting him from being hexed by Nazmaldun at the end of Like Phantoms, Forever.
- Evil Costume Switch: In Season 11.
- Good Costume Switch: After his "purification".
- Hearing Voices: After stealing the "souls" (masks) of Amasis & Hieracon.
- Old Shame:
- In-universe, his stint undercover as the impostor 17 in The Flood, which resulted in him being blamed for the near-complete destruction of the Colony and nearly drove Fire Ant off the deep end.
- In-universe, the Furies, which he has since outright acknowledged as a complete and utter failure.
- Put on a Bus: Following losing a sarcophagus match in 2017, with The Whisper promptly stealing the Ophidian identity.
- The Bus Came Back: In the guise of 17, to successfully reclaim his identity from Whisper.
- Red Baron: "The Venomous Vile Serpent from the Nile", later "The Madjai Warrior"
- Rudo Tecnico Revolving Door: The Osirian Portal started as rudos, turned tecnico in late 2009, Ophidian turned rudo as part of Amasis' retirement and then reunited with him after his "purification" in late 2013. After Amasis departed for good in 2016, Ophidian stayed a tecnico until 2019 when he was revealed to be in charge of The Crucible.
- Salt and Pepper: With Amasis, sort of.
- Sanity Slippage: In Season 11, after turning on Amasis and stealing his mask, Ophidian underwent a major Evil Costume Switch. He claimed to hear the voices of Amasis and Hieracon, and would argue with them as well.
- Sssssnake Talk: He talksssss like thisssss at all timesssss, oh yessss.
- Weaksauce Weakness: His signature hypnosis is easily blocked by wearing sunglasses, which Sidney Bakabella utilized very well during the 2014 Tag World Grand Prix. It also does not work against those under the effect of the Eye of Tyr, as shown during Like Phantoms, Forever in November 2016 when his attempt to hypnotize Hallowicked failed, and those who have specifically been taught to overcome it via post-hypnotic suggestion, as shown by Jeremy Leary (after tutelage by The Whisper) in 2017.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: Went through with building The Crucible under Quack's nose as a means of protecting CHIKARA from outside threats. If he can be believed, it was actually Quack's "contingency plan" from Season 17, something which Quack himself first denied then later confirmed before claiming that Ophidian took it too far.
Player Dos (formerly Stupefied)
Da Soul Touchaz (Acid Jazz, Marshe Rocket, Willie Richardson w/C-Red and Dymond)
- Action Girl
- Commuting on a Bus: Went some 2 years between her CHIKARA debut, at The Global Gauntlet Night 1 on October 18, 2008, and her return at Chaos in the Sea of Lost Souls on January 23, 2011. The announcers joked about it being because of the distance from Australia.
- Almost appeared again in 2016 as she was set to participate in King of Trios, but had to withdraw after being injured.
- Cardiovascular Love: For her match with Daizee Haze at Chaos in the Sea of Lost Souls, she wore a belt that on the back read "I ♥ Me."
- Mini Dress Of Power and Modesty Shorts.
- She's Got Legs: She's 6'1.
- Alliterative Name
- The Brute: Of the Osirian Portal.
- Chuck Cunningham Syndrome: During Ophidian's 2012 heel turn when he brought Hieracon back long enough to steal his mask. Escorpion had already left Chikara long ago, but for a wrestling promotion with so much emphasis on continuity it seemed conspicuous that his name was never even dropped during the angle.
- Badass Beard: Sure, he's short, but that beard sure isn't.
- Mighty Lumberjack: His gimmick
- The Napoleon: Before becoming Grizzly Redwood, his gimmick was of being a small guy who was into bodybuilding and using power moves. As Grizzly, he liked to chop people on the legs to "cut them down to size." Also, being shorter than everyone gave him a pretty bad temper.
- Put on a Bus: Retired from wrestling in 2013.
- Wrestling Doesn't Pay: A wrestling lumberjack.
- Tag Team: Swiss Money Holding, with Ares and Claudio Castagnoli
Pinkie Sanchez (formerly Carpenter Ant)
Steve "The Turtle" Weiner
- Book-Ends: The Ashes series began with him being told "You're a Worker now" as he was given Worker Ant's gear, and ended with him telling assailANT the exact same thing as he gave him Worker Ant's gear.
- Determinator: Suffered a broken arm in a match against Keita Yano in 2010, and refused to quit to the point where the referee had to stop the match.
- Evil Costume Switch: Debuted a new mask at King of Trios 2015: half Silver Ant, half Nightmare Warrior, signifying the beginning of his conversion to the cause of Nazmaldun. Unfortunately for Naz, the conversion was not completed, thanks to Frightmare pushing Silver a little too far, and he has since reverted.
- Jerkass: Became this towards Worker Ant in 2016.
- Put on a Bus: After being defeated by Frightmare during Hide.
- Red Baron: "The Dagger", according to Hallowicked. Never used this himself.
- Suspiciously Similar Substitute: To Worker Ant.
- Originally thought to be justified, but eventually subverted. In the second Ashes video, "Man Down", Worker Ant gave Green Ant his mask and gear and told him "You're a Worker now." However, he did not take the name, instead passing Worker Ant's mask and gear to assailANT and taking the name Silver Ant after You Only Live Twice.
- Unrelated Brothers: When he was carried out after Frightmare defeated him during Hide, Mike Quackenbush on commentary heavily implied that he was Dieter Von Steigerwalt's brother who he'd promised to protect. In reality, the two are one and the same.
Hieracon (formerly Jonathan Gresham)
- Back for the Dead: Sort of. Hieracon came back for one match with Ophidian, which resulted in Ophidian stealing his mask and "killing" Hieracon.
- The Generic Guy: Most obviously during the Portal's ring entrances. As the Portal were faces at the time, Amasis and Ophidian would play to the fans all the way to the ring and make a rather long and leisurely entrance. Hieracon would slap hands, but he never really gelled with the long entrance and always looked bored and out of place by the time it was over.
- Put on a Bus: Completely failed to get over and after a while he just disappeared from the cards.
- The Sixth Ranger: To the Osirian Portal.
Obariyon & Kodama
- Always Identical Twins: They're actually not related, but they look so much alike especially with the facepaint that the commentators often get confused as to which one's wrestling.
- Although they've left CHIKARA, they've continued to get less and less identical in appearance. Obariyon has cut his hair short and slimmed down, while Kodama has begun tanning darkly, grown a heavy beard and bulked up. They also use different color schemes.
- Barbarian Longhair: Both of them, until Obariyon switched to a buzzcut sometime in late 2016.
- Blue Oni, Red Oni: Obariyon is Red, Kodama is Blue. They both work violent wrestling styles, but Obariyon seems on the edge of flipping out most of the time, and Kodama tends to switch between being eerily calm and exploding.
- Brainwashed: Hypnotized by Nazmaldun. Snapped out of it after Nazmaldun's banishment.
- Brought Down to Normal: In Obariyon's match against Merlok in November 2017, he came out without his facepaint and wasn't just beaten but apparently injured or killed with a single Emerald Fusion. Apparently the Batiri had some sort of demonic power fueling them and it abandoned Obariyon or something.
- The Corrupter: Mid 2017, Obariyon was working on getting Ashley Vox to embrace her inner darkness, and it worked way too well, turning her into Oceanea.
- Death Wail: Obariyon did one after Kobald was injured by Deucalion. In November 2017, Ashley Vox did one over him after Merlok hit him with an Emerald Fusion.
- The Dragon: Obariyon to Sinn Bodhi in 2011.
- Early-Bird Cameo: They were the druids who accompanied UltraMantis Black for his match against Hallowicked at Through Savage Progress Cuts the Jungle Line.
- Evil Costume Switch: Switched from green to red after their brainwashing. Switched back post-brainwashing. After Kodama's departure Obariyon switched over to purple with gold markings.
- Facial Markings: They both wore green facepaint with black lines (with a switch to red with black lines once Nazmaldun got hold of them, and a switch to purple with gold lines for Obariyon in 2017). Obariyon's markings are slightly straighter than Kodama's.
- The easiest way to tell them apart is to look at the forehead and mouth. Obariyon's facepaint is more elaborate around his mouth, and Kodama's is more elaborate on his forehead.
- Foreign Wrestling Heel: The Batiri are billed from Bled Island, which is the only natural island in Slovenia.
- HeelFace Turn: Initially they were neutral in the Flood vs Chikara feud, but Kobald convinced them to stand up for Chikara. Then Deucalion injured Kobald, and the Batiri decided to take the feud very personally and switched to Chikara's side.
- Identical Twin ID Tag: They aren't related, but look very much alike with facepaint. However, their paint designs are visibly different, Kodama has an extra tattoo across his collarbone, and in late 2015 Obariyon got a shorter haircut.
- Odd Friendship: After Kodama's departure Obariyon began hanging out with Team Sea Stars of all people.
- One-Hit Kill: Obariyon's Flying DDT is one of the most feared finishers in Chikara. It's so feared it doesn't even need a gimmick name.
- OOC Is Serious Business: After Deucalion injured Kobald, Obariyon and Kodama both spoke in English to threaten The Flood.
- Put on a Bus: Kodama, after being attacked by Hallowicked and Frightmare.
- The real reason is because he was fired after cursing in the ring after getting stiffed.
- Obariyon followed in 2017 after being brutalized by Merlok.
- Red Baron: Kodama is "The Bled Island Butcher", Obariyon is "The Deadly Demonic Warmonger"
- Hallowicked collectively dubbed them "the Twin Scythes".
- Shout-Out: Kodama's mannerisms and his calm-to-explosive-back-to-calm wrestling style are obviously inspired by The Great Muta, although his use of them falls short of being an expy.
- Chuck Cunningham Syndrome: From late September of 2013 (when he chimed in during a CHIKARA Twitter rally) until King of Trios 2014, he hadn't been seen or heard from. There was talk that he had retired, though nothing was ever confirmed.
- The Bus Came Back: At King of Trios 2014, he revealed that he had been Dr. Cube all along.
- Came back again to participate in the 2018 Infinite Gauntlet, and in 2019 with Der Wildebeest in tow.
- The Bus Came Back: At King of Trios 2014, he revealed that he had been Dr. Cube all along.
- Deal with the Devil: Invoked this by name in his explanation of how he obtained the Eye of Tyr.
- Demoted to Extra: In 2016, his role was gradually reduced from a prominent figure to cannon fodder for Eddie Kingston before he eventually disappeared entirely.
- Dirty Coward: In the original BDK.
- The Dog Bites Back: After months of emotional and physical abuse at the hands of Tim Donst, Jakob finally struck back at him, nailing him with a knock-out punch at Aniversario: Never Compromise, to a huge fan pop.
- From Nobody to Nightmare: From the BDK's cowardly ring announcer to an inexperienced wrestler who only ever won through other BDK members interfering for him to Tim Donst's sycophantic sidekick to suddenly his own man at the end of season 12, to the new leader of the BDK, with the Eye of Tyr in his possession and Nøkken firmly under his control.
- Attempted to take another level in nightmare by bringing the Nightmare Warriors under his control via use of the Eye of Tyr, which backfired spectacularly, delivering the Eye into the Warriors' hands and enabling them to physically manifest Nazmaldun in the form of UltraMantis Black.
- Gratuitous German: His original Finishing Move, a hangman's neckbreaker, was called Gute Nacht!
- Hammy Herald: His original role was as the special ring announcer for the BDK. Doubles as Incoming Ham for when he would announce himself.
- Idiot Ball: Where in the world did he get the idea that using the Eye of Tyr on Hallowicked (who'd already had it used on him, which led to Nazmaldun's advent) was going to end well?
- Nice Job Fixing It, Villain!: Broke Soldier Ant's brainwashing with an inadvertent Worldstar Punch.
- One Hit KO: His current Finishing Move, the Worldstar punch. It's even strong enough to break brainwashing.
- Power Stable: The BDK and The Flood.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Delivers a stinging one to Ares, upon taking over the BDK.
- With BFFs Like These: After losing to Hallowicked at "Chikarasaurus Rex: How to Hatch a Dinosaur," Tim Donst turned into a rotten partner, treating Jakob increasingly worse (in a way that seriously brings to mind Domestic Abuse), sabotaging his efforts at becoming Young Lions Cup champion, and finally abandoning him to the tender mercies of Eddie Kingston.
- Ass Kicks You: His Finishing Move is a top-rope sitdown splash called the "Demon's Toilet".
- The Atoner: Directly invoked in his 12/3/15 blog. Unfortunately, this did not last.
- Brainwashed: By Nazmaldun. Was snapped out of it by Nazmaldun's banishment, though combined with him coming back wrong, it seemed to leave him with a serious case of Sanity Slippage until Oleg the Usurper "fixed" him.
- More Than Mind Control: Eventually rejected Oleg and started following Hallowicked of his own free will.
- Fanboy: For Oleg the Usurper after being "fixed" by him, to Oleg's detriment.
- The Heart: Of The Batiri, surprisingly. Kobald was pro-Chikara and he was able to convince Obariyon and Kodama to side with Chikara as well.
- Killed Off for Real: By Deucalion at You Only Live Twice. Outside kayfabe he's suffering from a hip injury that has a significant chance of permanently ending his career.
- Our Goblins Are Different: This particular one is a sewer-dwelling growler.
- Red Baron: "The Prince of All Goblins"
- Hallowicked dubbed him "the Poison-Tipped Bolt".
- Split Personality: Seemed to have one in some of his promos. He'd say something nice in a high pitched voice, follow it up with something mean in a snarly voice, then switch back to high pitched for nice, snarly for mean... Came to a head in 2017 when he began to refer to himself as "we" while pleading for Oleg the Usurper to "fix" him.
- Today, X. Tomorrow, the World!: At Deep Freeze, October 6, 2012, he cut a promo where he said that he was going to destroy Frightmare, then UltraMantis, then the world.
- Big Bad: Of GEKIDO. He wasn't quite formidable enough to become Big Bad of Chikara entirely.
- Both Sides Have a Point: One thing that should be noted about 17 injuring people - with the exception of what he did to Darkness Crabtree and Private Eye Jr., all of the injuries he inflicted on others were caused by legal submission holds during legitimate matches, not by post-match assaults. How much moral culpability this absolves him of is totally YMMV though.
- Disc-One Final Boss: Of season 11. He's gone by the halfway point, though he returned in season 13.
- Dropped a Bridge on Him: He was written out of Chikara so abruptly that there was speculation that it was a case of Real Life Writes the Plot. And for the record, that's exactly what it was - the original 17 was played by obscure indy wrestler Kyle Matthews, and the angle was rebooked after he angered Quackenbush by admitting he was 17 in an interview. He did not resume the gimmick when it was brought back as part of the Flood angle.
- Establishing Character Moment: In his first match in Chikara, he broke Quackenbush's wrist.
- Evil Counterpart: Of Mike Quackenbush
- From Nobody to Nightmare: His backstory was that he was an indy worker who trained in all the same places Quack did but never got any recognition until he put on a mask and invaded Chikara.
- Hero Killer: What made him so scary. He didn't actually kill Quack, but he did break his forearm - and this when Quack hadn't once submitted in Chikara's history! Then he did cripple Tianlong and Dragonfly. And then when he returned, he ended Darkness Crabtree's life when GEKIDO destroyed Wrestling is Intense and in the theatrical version of The Ashes Of, he crippled Private Eye Jr.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: 17 was the one who started deliberately injuring other wrestlers. Quackenbush was the one who finished it. (at least for a year and a half, anyway)
- Identity Impersonator: During the Quack/Jigsaw/Colony (Fire Ant/Soldier Ant)-BDK (Donst/Hammermeier)/Batiri (Kodama/Obariyon) match at Caught in the Spider's Den, February 26, 2012, he ran down to the ring wearing Green Ant's mask. Green Ant followed to confirm it wasn't him. The man in the Green Ant mask then clotheslined Quack, ending the match in a DQ. The rest of GEKIDO immediately followed, attacking Jigsaw and the Colony. 17 took off the Green Ant mask and attacked Quack.
- Jimmy Jacobs was convinced that he'd been on the receiving end of this after his Screw This, I'm Outta Here! moment. At the time, it was speculated that Kevin Condron had been in the costume, but that was never confirmed or denied and was eventually sank three years later, as The Whisper correctly accused Ophidian of it instead.
- Meaningful Name: His name is a Take That! against Quack. Quack calls himself the Master of 1000 holds. 17 claimed to be the master of "17 forgotten finishing holds" and that he didn't need 1000.
- Not Quite Crippled: Showed up at a Wrestling Is Intense show with combatANT and deviANT and destroyed the promotion. Continued to appear with and wrestle for the Flood for almost all of season 14, until departing their ranks. See Screw This, I'm Outta Here! below.
- Punch-Clock Villain: His new role as of 2014. He himself said he was only following Deucalion's orders, and while he had crippled Darkness Crabtree and Private Eye Jr., he seems to lack his killer instinct while wrestling.
- Omnicidal Maniac: The other members of GEKIDO wanted the spots on the roster they felt they'd been denied. 17 just wanted to annihilate the promotion and everyone in it.
- Out-of-Character Moment: At You Only Live Twice, 17 seemed to be having one of those. He didn't really do much during the match, the only submission hold he used was a basic surfboard, he just watched while deviANT was eliminated and he didn't try to defend himself when the Chikara students attacked him. Eventually proved to be justified, as 17 had been replaced before then.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: Spent most of 2014 disillusioned with The Flood and unmotivated in the ring. After Deucalion executed The Shard, 17 saved Frightmare from the same and then left the building, leaving his mask behind. His name was subsequently removed from the roster page.
- The Bus Came Back: In a sense, as it was revealed that the 17 mentioned above was Ophidian in disguise, and he temporarily used the identity once more to end the fake Osirian Portal and reclaim his mask and identity as Ophidian from the Whisper.
- Vaudeville Hook: On the receiving end of one just before the big brawl at National Pro Wrestling Day 2014. Possibly the point where he was replaced.
""Mr. Touchdown" Mark Angelosetti
- The Atoner: In his March 4th, 2013 blog entry, he attempted to invoke this regarding his actions, blaming them on Veronica's influence in an attempt to get back in Dasher Hatfield's good graces.
- While he feigned it prior to CHIKARA closing, he became it for real after some tough love from Dasher and a match between the two of them at the Wrestling Is Fun event "Cruel Summer". He even buried the hatchet with Archibald Peck at National Pro Wrestling Day 2014 via a Bear Hug.
- Started doing it again at the tail end of 2015 after the loaded elbowpad he gave Dasher was discovered. Unfortunately, Dasher wasn't having any of it, giving Nazmaldun-as-UltraMantis the perfect opportunity to make another convert.
- Brainwashed: By Nazmaldun, during a clip shown after Tightrope. As a result of it having taken place during a post-show exclusive clip, many did not know about it until When Nature Calls the next month. Lasted 'til Nazmaldun's banishment at the end of Season 16.
- Catch Phrase:"SUP NERRRRRRDDDDSSS!!!"
- Finishing Move: Flea Flicker, Spinebuster
- Jerk Jock: Though he was listed as a Tecnico for the entirety of season 11 no matter what he did, including killing Sapphire. His status on the roster page was finally changed to Rudo in January of 2013. Toned down a ton after CHIKARA closed.
- Large Ham: AND IT'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!
- Lightning Bruiser: Okay, true, Saturyne isn't a giant or anything, but, being able to hold a fully-grown human being in the air on one hand has to count for something.
- Parts Unknown: "Touchdown City"
- Power Stable:
- Red Baron: Mr. Touchdown. Dropped after being Brainwashed by Nazmaldun, picked back up after Nazmaldun's banishment.
- Hallowicked dubbed him "the Battering Ram".
- Schoolyard Bully All Grown Up: Bullied Archibald Peck in high school, although Marchie Archie appears to have been somehow oblivious to it.
- Tag Team:
- Token Evil Teammate: Of the Throwbacks with Dasher Hatfield and Sugar Dunkerton. At least, at first.
- Stepped back in this direction in late 2015 by supplying an unknowing Dasher with a loaded elbow pad, which led to Dasher surrendering the points Dasher's Dugout had accumulated in the Challenge of the Immortals tournament.note Immediately regretted it once Dasher started shunning him, leaving him a prime target for Nazmaldun.
- Unrelated Brothers: He was introduced as Dasher Hatfield's step-cousin-in-law. But then, nothing is really known about Dasher's life outside of wrestling, so who knows?
- Wrestling Doesn't Pay: A wrestling American Football player.
- You Monster!: Invoked against him by the fans after he killed Sapphire. He put Sapphire in a sack, bashed the sack against the ring, then did repeated chest drops on the sack, and finally Tebowed next to it while the fans chanted "You're a monster!" at him.
- Brilliant, but Lazy: When he can be bothered to care, he's got some decent skill, but it's been stated on commentary that he doesn't care about wrestling.
- Cloudcuckoolander: In one match, he watched Princess Kimberlee and Jervis Cottonbelly do a theatrical double team elbow drop that included Jervis kissing Kimberlee on the hand. Orange decided it was awesome and executed it with Chuck Taylor - including kissing his hand. And then he got so psyched up that it had worked that he ran around the ring celebrating. As the commentators said, Chuck Taylor is no bastion of sanity and you have to be pretty out there to get a 'WTF' reaction out of him.
- Improbable Weapon User: Uses orange juice the way that the Great Muta uses poison mist.
- Put on a Bus: Quietly removed from the roster in 2017.
- Red Baron: "Freshly Squeezed".
- Sleepyhead: Has been rocked to sleep during a match on more than one occasion.
- The Brute: His role in GEKIDO.
- Chuck Cunningham Syndrome: Has not been seen or mentioned since National Pro Wrestling Day.
- Deceptive Disciple: He and the other two members of The Swarm were Wrestle Factory dropouts.
- Dropped a Bridge on Him: Quackenbush unceremoniously gave him a dragon sleeper neck wrench kind of thing at King of Trios, probably ending his career - although he eventually resurfaced he was still wearing a neckbrace and never wrestled.
- Evil Counterpart: Of Soldier Ant
- Not Quite Crippled: Showed up at a Wrestling Is Intense show with 17 and deviANT and destroyed the promotion, then appeared with the Flood at Wrestling Is Fun, Wrestling Is Respect, and National Pro Wrestling Day. However, he was wearing a neckbrace all along and disappeared from the group before You Only Live Twice.
Devastation Corporation (Max Smashmaster & Blaster McMassive & Flex Rumblecrunch)
- Awesome McCool Names/Names to Run Away from Really Fast
- Barbarian Longhair: The entire time he was in Chikara, Flex never cut his hair, and he went from a relatively short cut to a barbarian's mane.
- Beard of Evil: Blaster McMassive
- Brainwashed: Flex Rumblecrunch. He used to work the northeast USA indies under the name Sean Burke. He was brainwashed by Bakabella and became Rumblecrunch.
- Calling Your Attacks: "DEATH BLOW!"
- Commuting on a Bus: Flex Rumblecrunch surprisingly showed up for the 2018 Infinite Gauntlet.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: How they were introduced at King of Trios 2012's Tag Gauntlet. They mowed through four teams in short order, until Demolition showed them how it was done.
- Death from Above: Their Finishing Move the Death Blow is a top rope splash from Max to an opponent who Blaster is holding in a backbreaker over his knee.
- Shows up in their normal offense, as well. Blaster has done over-the-top-rope dives outside the ring, while Max has done moonsaults.
- They debuted a new move at Tomorrow Never Dies (December 2014), the Master Blaster, in which Max holds the opponent in a torture rack while Blaster does a top rope elbow drop.
- Delinquent Hair: Max Smashmaster had a mohawk and an otherwise shaved head, though he soon grew it out and arguably looked even more like a delinquent, especially when he sported something that looked like a unicorn's horn at Top Banana. Quack and Bryce were on commentary and compared it to Ed Grimley from SCTV, and then admitted to how dated the reference was.
- Early-Bird Cameo: Flex Rumblecrunch was first spotted at Under The Hood (December 2012). After accompanying D-Corp during their entrance, he went backstage, and wouldn't be seen or heard from again until May 18th, 2013, during the Tag World Grand Prix, when he turned up and helped Smashmaster & McMassive brutally beat down the Colony.
- Expy: Of The Road Warriors, Demolition, and other similarly Mad Max themed tag teams.
- Facial Markings: They wear face-paint in the vein of The Road Warriors or Demolition.
- Fat Bastard: Max Smashmaster, though he has slimmed down recently.
- Graceful Loser: How did Max Smashmaster respond to losing his loser leaves match with Quackenbush? By bowing to the fans, leaving the arena peacefully, and a few days later on twitter congratluating Quack and apologizing to the fans for having been mean.
- Hired Guns: Will work for anyone who pays them.
- Large Ham: At National Pro Wrestling Day 2014, when the fans started to chant for Chikara, Blaster countered the chants with three entire pigs worth of ham.Blaster McMassive: SHUT UP, FOOLS! IT'S DEAAAAD! IIIITTTS DEEEEAAAAAADDDDD!!
- Lightning Bruiser: All three to an extent, since they are huge guys who could move around very well. Max even pulled off a moonsault at Top Banana, but it missed. Blaster is the fastest of the three and regularly uses a no-hands tope con hilo.
- Put on a Bus: Blaster following Max's attack on him during King of Trios 2016, as he'd finished up his commitments. Flex followed after the October shows, as he was on the receiving end of the same treatment from Max. Max himself followed at the end of 2017, as he had decided to retire.
- It came out during the #SpeakingOut movement that Blaster was actually fired. After Blaster made a tweet about "enough creepy white boys getting fired that people would start booking him", Leonard F. Chikarason responded by slamming Blaster for trying to piggyback on the movement in such a crude selfish and racist way, then offering to tell anyone interested in booking Thomas Sharpenote about why Blaster got fired from Chikara. Blaster backed down.
- Sanity Slippage: Max Smashmaster went off the deep end sometime between Seasons Fifteen and Sixteen, leading to him declaring his intent to outright murder Princess Kimberlee. This led to...
- Put on a Bus: Smashmaster went mad at Evil Ways (Feb 28, 2016) and attacked Kimberlee after a tag match pitting her and Oleg against Blaster and Flex. He then attacked security, then attacked Quackenbush, was dragged out of the building by the entire tecnico roster, and fired the next day. As of March 2016, the Devastation Corporation's Twitter account no longer mentions him, only Blaster and Flex.
- The Bus Came Back: Showed up again during No One's First, And You're Next (August 2016), taking Vlad Radinov hostage and successfully demanding his job back.
- Put on a Bus: Smashmaster went mad at Evil Ways (Feb 28, 2016) and attacked Kimberlee after a tag match pitting her and Oleg against Blaster and Flex. He then attacked security, then attacked Quackenbush, was dragged out of the building by the entire tecnico roster, and fired the next day. As of March 2016, the Devastation Corporation's Twitter account no longer mentions him, only Blaster and Flex.
- Screaming Warrior: Max Smashmaster.
- Combat Pragmatist: As seen at the Season 12 finale. After The Shard beat up assailANT and Quackenbush made the save, deviANT... threw Quack out of the ring and quickly covered assailANT to win.
- Dark Chick: His role in GEKIDO.
- Deceptive Disciple: He and the other two members of The Swarm were Wrestle Factory dropouts.
- Dirty Coward: He literally begged Quackenbush to stop trying to injure the GEKIDO wrestlers. Quack wasn't having any of it.
- After the injury of 17 and combatANT he claimed that all he wanted was a fair shot at being on the Chikara roster and hadn't he and the rest of GEKIDO paid enough dues after their stablemates were injured in cold blood? As the Ashes videos would show, he was lying through his teeth trying to avoid the same fate.
- Enigmatic Minion: He tends to disappear for a few months at a time and reappear abruptly, almost like he's working more behind the scenes than in the wrestling ring...
- Evil Counterpart: Of Green Ant.
- Killed Off for Real: Executed by Deucalion at Goldfinger, after being blamed for his team's loss by Jimmy Jacobs.
- Omnicidal Maniac: Same as 17, only he attempted to burn down the Wrestle Factory in order to accomplish it.
- Only Sane Man: Showed shades of this as the leader of Colony Xtreme Force. At least he tried to get the CXF ants to stop yelling their own names all the time.
- The Scapegoat: Jimmy Jacobs used him as one in the incident described under Killed Off for Real above to dodge Deucalion's wrath.
- The Bus Came Back: Kind of. The Shard never came back, but John Silver, the wrestler under the mask, participated in the 2018 Cibernetico.
- The Dragon: His role in GEKIDO. Averted regarding the Flood.
- Evil Counterpart: Of Jigsaw. Ironically, as of late 2012, Jigsaw turned Rudo and adopted The Shard.
- Killed Off for Real: Executed by Deucalion during On Her Majesty's Secret Service.
- Real Men Wear Pink: Shard's outfit was black with neon pink trim - the same shade of neon pink that Bret Hart wears, even.
- Wrench Whack: To Jigsaw's knee, as part of GEKIDO's debut.
- Odd Friendship: With Gary the Barn Owl. He even allowed Gary to perch on him during King of Trios 2014.
- Plant Person
- Put on a Bus: Quietly removed from the roster in 2017.
- Shout-Out: To Swamp Thing.
- Token Good Teammate: Until a 2015 roster update labeled him a rudo, he was the only face on the roster of The Gentlemen's Club, though Chuck Taylor seemed to be the only one to actively resent him for it.
- Sacrificial Lamb: His entire role in Chikara was to get injured by 17.
- The Atoner: After actually deciding to turn tecnico and join the Colony for real. Supposedly. As of National Pro Wrestling Day 2014, no "supposedly" about it.
- Becoming the Mask: Wink Vavasseur, using his "Chikarabermetrics", switched assailANT into The Colony and Soldier Ant into The Swarm. It took most of 2012 for him to lose his rudo habits, but assailANT ended up turning on GEKIDO to join The Colony. He's since prevented his former comrades from burning down the Wrestle Factory and was one of Icarus' first allies.
- The Big Guy: His tagline on the pre-2013 CHIKARA roster page was "The big, blue bruiser of The Colony" and he referred to himself as the biggest ant in CHIKARA.
- Boisterous Bruiser: As seen in his newer blogs.
- Book-Ends: The Ashes series ended with him being told "You're a Worker now", as he was given Worker Ant's gear.
- Deceptive Disciple: He and the other two members of The Swarm were Wrestle Factory dropouts.
- Evil Counterpart: Ostensibly of Fire Ant. Although where the other members of GEKIDO were evil clones of their counterparts, assailANT was more like Fire Ant's complete opposite - blue instead of red, power wrestler instead of high flyer, sinister talker instead of almost never speaking English...
- Evil Genius: His role in GEKIDO.
- Good Feels Good: His explanation for his original (phony) face turn.
- Hazy Feel Turn: Although his turn seemed pretty genuine, during 2012 he was the only wrestler on the CHIKARA roster with no stated alignment. And while he seemed to be enjoying being part of The Colony, he didn't seem at all concerned about Soldier Ant. He was also effusive in his praise of the otherwise-despised Wink Vavasseur.
- Heel Realization: Some time after CHIKARA's closure in 2013, he had a son. It wasn't until he thought about whether his son would have been proud of what he was doing that he decided to turn his back on GEKIDO and what they stood for and join CHIKARA properly.
- The Mole: For a short time. His taking the superkick was actually just a stunt to get the CHIKARA loyalists to trust him. It wasn't until his son was born that he had a change of heart.
- Nice Job Fixing It, Villain!: According to Wink Vavasseur, he was viewed as the "weak link" of GEKIDO and was intentionally placed with The Colony to adulterate it. This directly led to his Heel Realization, his becoming The Atoner, spurning his old allies when they tried to destroy CHIKARA, and becoming the second Worker Ant.
- Rudo Tecnico Turn: assailANT finally sided with CHIKARA for good at National Pro Wrestling Day 2014.
- He had a son, and wanted to be someone his son would be proud of. This lead to his finally being fully accepted by Green and Fire Ant - and they gave him the box containing Worker Ant's gear.
- Put on a Bus: After National Pro Wrestling Day 2017, courtesy of an attack by Frightmare.
- The Bus Came Back: Returned in April 2018 to mentor Green and Thief Ant.
- Taking The Superkick: How he officially turned face and gained Quack's acceptance.
- Token Evil Teammate: After being reassigned to The Colony, he was this for the first several months.
The Colony: Xtreme Force (Arctic Rescue Ant (now Bullet Ant, implied to have formerly been named Gomez), Missile Assault Ant (now Missile Assault Man, brainwashed to believe he was Axel Ford) and Orbit Adventure Ant)
- Berserk Button: Missile Assault Man's is being reminded of what he'd believed he had done in the past. When Snowflake smacked the button HARD in 2016, MAM snapped and issued a savage beatdown.
- It was thought that The Whisper would be on the receiving end of a button-caused beatdown in 2017 as he made the contents of Axel Ford's journal public, but he averted it by empathizing with MAM instead of mocking him.
- Bald of Evil/Beard of Evil: Missile, after unmasking.
- Brainwashed: Missile Assault Man, by Professor Nicodemus. Nicodemus brainwashed him into believing he was Axel Ford, to the point of implanting Ford's memories.
- The Bully: Missile Assault Ant does not approve of having to wrestle against women, and turns into this when he does. Heidi Lovelace made him regret it.
- Chuck Cunningham Syndrome: Orbit Adventure Ant disappeared some time in mid-late 2014, though his absence was referenced in a post on the 101 from Mike Quackenbush. Arctic Rescue Ant followed suit in early 2015.
- Creator's Pets: In-Universe. Created by Wink Vavasseur, hyped by Wink Vavasseur, fawned over by Wink Vavasseur, arbitrarily and retroactively declared the Kings of Trios by Wink Vavasseur.
- Even more deliberate after Wink revealed that the Xtreme Force were handpicked by the Titor Conglomerate.
- Dark and Troubled Past: The Condor agent who became Missile Assault Ant once blew up a school bus in Zimbabwe under orders from Deucalion, among many other things brought to light by the reveal of the contents of Axel Ford's journal. It's safe to assume Arctic Rescue Ant and Orbit Adventure Ant, also being Condor agents, had done similar things as well.
- In regards to MAM, the 2018 revelation of his identity (not the real Axel Ford, but brainwashed to believe he was) cast significant doubt as to who actually had the Dark and Troubled Past: him or the real Axel Ford.
- Devil in Plain Sight: Wink Vavasseur outright said on Twitter in October of 2013 that the Xtreme Force were Condor Security mercenaries in disguise, yet until Kevin Condron used it to help identify Missile Assault Ant's unmasked identity, no one had seemed to notice or mention it, taking umbrage with them being blatant ripoffs of the Colony instead!
- Heroic Sacrifice: Bullet Ant sacrificed himself to protect Silver Ant from Frightmare on the February 12th, 2017 edition of the Hour of Power, shoving him out of the way and taking a Backcracker in his stead.
- Identity Impersonator: Missile Assault Man, as someone claiming to be the real Axel Ford was seen at intermission during It Came From Beneath The Sink! asking about him. Later directly confirmed by Professor Nicodemus, who stated that he'd taken the real Ford's memories and implanted them into MAM's head.
- Lesser Star: Orbit Adventure Ant and Arctic Rescue Ant, as compared to Missile Assault Ant. Arctic soon forged his own identity, while Orbit was done away with.
- Meaningful Rename: Much like his then-partners in Battleborn, Missile Assault Ant changed his name to Missile Assault Man upon unmasking.
- Upon being adopted by Worker Ant as a partner, Arctic Rescue Ant changed his name to Bullet Ant.
- Mind Rape:
- Professor Nicodemus subjected MAM to this via implanting memories of the real Axel Ford.
- Pokémon Speak: The only things the three seemed to be capable of saying were their names. Which they did. Over and over and over again. Missile Assault Ant was the most guilty of this, as it even extended to his Twitter account and was incorporated into his moveset.
"You're from outer space. I'm from outer space too."
- Occasionally they said buzzwords instead.
- However, in their debut, with Soldier Ant against the Colony (Fire Ant and assailANT), Dasher Hatfield and Saturyne at Just Shadows in the Fog, Orbit Adventure Ant said the following to Saturyne:
- Put on a Bus: Missile Assault Man was moved to the Alumni section of the roster in 2018.
- The Bus Came Back: He returned in late 2018, soon after the real Axel Ford started showing up.
- The Something Force
- Totally Radical: Parodied. They were created by Wink Vavasseur in response to The Colony's popularity. Their finisher names are like this - for example, Arctic Rescue Ant's Finishing Move, an ordinary Guillotine Legdrop, is called "2Radical MegaAir Tailbone Slammer: Xtreme". And finally, their alignment listed on the roster page isn't rudo or tecnico, it's Totally Radical. Their wrestling style is listed as Awesome. note
Sir Oliver Grimsly
- Chuck Cunningham Syndrome: Disappeared from CHIKARA before the end of 2014, possibly because there wasn't anything in particular for him to do with the other two members of the Odditorium gone from CHIKARA.
- Classy Cane: Carried one. It's more faux-classy than classy but it fits in with the Alex DeLarge part of his gimmick.
- Early-Bird Cameo: Wrestled a match in 2013, then showed up as a member of Sinn Bodhi's Odditorium.
- The Gimmick: His seemed to be something like a combination of a circus ringmaster and an Expy of Alex DeLarge.
- Catch Phrase: "AMAZING!"
- Commuting on a Bus: Began appearing more sporadically in 2018.
- Early-Bird Cameo: Wrestled at National Pro Wrestling Day '13, then did not show up again until the Johnny Kidd Invitational in 2017.
- Large Ham: Initially in earnest, then more disingenuously after his FaceHeel Turn.
- Suspiciously Similar Substitute: Inherited Gran Akuma's "toughen up the rookies" gimmick after the latter retired. Also inherited his brother Drew's spot as a Wrestle Factory trainer. When he began Commuting on a Bus, Icarus inherited the "toughen up the rookies" gimmick from him in turn.
- Took a Level in Jerkass: In the tail end of season 18, particularly after being taken to the limit by Travis Huckabee.
- Un-person: After allegations of Gulak being a predator towards women and being in possession of child pornography surfaced in early 2020, CHIKARA released a statement and removed all trace of him from both the promotion's and the Wrestle Factory's websites.
- Wrestling Family: Drew Gulak's brother.
Shynron (formerly Shenron)
- Badass Mustache: He has a big grey old-timey strongman's mustache. On his mask.
- Commuting on a Bus: In 2016, as he started making sporadic appearances and stopped associating with the Bloc Party until Prakash Sabar left, after which he reunited with the Proletariat Boar of Moldova.
- Foreign Wrestling Heel: From Azerbaijan.
- Funny Foreigner: In his wrestling style. He doesn't wear boots, and he delivers a lot of moves strangely - for example, he doesn't fall over backwards when he executes a vertical suplex, he just drops the opponent. Commentators have speculated that it's just some weird Azerbaijani tradition.
- Informed Attractiveness: Wears a mask, but it's mentioned during his ring introductions that he won Azerbaijan's sexiest man competition for several years in a row.
- You No Take Candle: He speaks like this. To quote from a blog he wrote in October 2014...Not since the year two thousand and the three has Mr. Azerbaijan felt so treated unfairly. Of course, Mr. Azerbaijan is being referred to year of coal miner strike which cause Sexiest Man in Azerbaijan contest to be cancelled. Breaking Mr. Azerbaijan Sexiest Man in Azerbaijan streak since the year nineteen ninety and the four.
"Juke Joint" Lucas Calhoun (formerly Volgar I)
John Francis of Coronado (formerly Juan Francisco de Coronado)
The Estonian Thunderfrog (formerly the Estonian FarmerFrog
Haack 'n' Slaash
- Co-Dragons: To Dr. Cube
- Elite Mook: Compared to Dr. Cube's rank-and-file human minions.
- Identity Impersonator: Following the reveal that Dr. Cube was Jakob Hammermeier, one of the two followed him to the BDK - and soon revealed himself as Pinkie Sanchez. The other disappeared.
BLANK (formerly Race Jaxon)
- Catch Phrase: "That's so Race", used while he was "Young And Handsome".
- Expy: Of Owen Hart as a member of N_R_G, who were based on High Energy (Owen and Koko B. Ware) in 1992-1993 WWE, and the Young and Handsome persona bears some resemblance to "The Model" Rick Martel.
- Fate Worse than Death: Forced to wear a mask at the hands of Hype Rockwell, meaning that nobody can ever see his face in CHIKARA again. As of Season Nineteen, he seemed to have accepted his fate, renaming himself BLANK.
- It's All About Me: Post-FaceHeel Turn.
- Keet: Pre-FaceHeel Turn.
- Not in the Face!: As part of Race Jaxon's heel turn, he no longer wanted to be hit in the face.
- Red Baron: "The Generator" during the N_R_G days. He adopted "Young and Handsome" afterward.
- Third-Person Person: As BLANK.
- True Art Is Incomprehensible: BLANK's in-universe gimmick is that he's an artist who likes to create incomprehensible art.
The Latvian Proud Oak
- Funny Foreigner: Much like his former partner the Estonian Thunderfrog.
- Killed Off for Real: Executed by Deucalion during Permis De Tuer.
- When Trees Attack
The Lithuanian Snow Troll
- Ain't Too Proud to Beg: It got him out of being executed by Deucalion.
- Dirty Coward: Has been viewed as this for begging his way out of sharing the same fate as his former friends, especially by commentary.
- Funny Foreigner: He was a member of the Baltic Siege, after all.
- Non-Action Guy: Followed Condron, but didn't do anything in the way of wrestling from then until 2018, when he had a short run as The Whisper's tag partner.
- Put on a Bus: Though he turned up in attendance at King of Trios 2016, he wasn't seen in a CHIKARA ring from the time Kevin Condron departed until...
- Stockholm Syndrome: Seemed to have developed this towards Jimmy Jacobs and the Flood, enough to attack Icarus and return to them after being freed.
- Had developed the same towards Kevin Condron, as he chose to follow him upon being freed for the second time during Tomorrow Never Dies. Also developed it towards Snowflake by extension.
- After being found underneath the ring, he developed this towards The Whisper.
- Brainwashed: A victim of the Eye of Tyr, courtesy of Jakob "Dr. Cube" Hammermeier.
- The Brute
- Chuck Cunningham Syndrome: Parted ways with CHIKARA after Top Banana. Speculation is that he was shown the door after no-showing several events. His last appearance was at King of Trios 2014 Night III, where he and Pinkie Sanchez won the Tag Team Gauntlet, giving them the three points to challenge for the Campeonatos de Parejas, with no storyline explanation. He later quit Twitter and appears to have left wrestling altogether.
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: Was genuinely distraught over what happened to Tursas and swore revenge.
- Foreign Wrestling Heel: From Norway.
- Horny Vikings: Albeit his mask looked more demonic then Tursas' Viking helm.
- Meaningful Name: Like Tursas is the name of a Finnish sea monster, Nøkken is the name of Norwegian river demons.
- Mighty Glacier
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: Averted. Promised a war against the Estonian Thunderfrog for what happened to Tursas, but Deucalion got to him first.
- Suspiciously Similar Substitute: Was frequently mistaken for Tursas, though it happened less after that the actual Tursas returned.
- Put on a Bus: Announced post-Season Sixteen that his ban from Pakistan had been lifted, allowing him to return.
- Stealth Pun: Sabar is originally from Pakistan, but he was banned from there for an undisclosed reason and immigrated over to Georgia, hence why he is with The Soviet Bloc Party. And with how much of a resemblance he bears to X-Pac, Sabar is literally an Ex-Pak!
- X-Py: Looks and acts like X-Pac. Waltman himself, who's done guest commentary for CHIKARA here and there, can't help but laugh and indirectly allude to this whenever he sees Sabar.
Qefka the Quiet
- Chuck Cunningham Syndrome: Quietly removed from the roster in November 2014.
- Enemy Mime: His gimmick.
- Everyone Hates Mimes: The fans at You Only Live Twice and Bryce Remsburg on commentary sure did. Received this reaction during several other matches as well.
- Power Trio: The Odditorium, led by Sinn Bodhi, who were part of The Flood.
- Expy: He was the Koko B. Ware of N_R_G to Race Jaxon's Owen Hart, since their team was based on High Energy, Owen and Koko's team in 1992-1993 WWE.
- FaceHeel Turn: After teasing his distaste for occasional partners Oleg the Usurper and the Proletariat Boar of Moldova, he turned rudo on Oleg after having to team with him for the 2018 La Loteria Letal.
- Ironic Name: Hype was not only the less excitable member of N_R_G, but was for a long time not particularly hyped about anything and was even seen falling asleep during matches. This changed after he started drinking Electric Monkey energy drink.
- Put on a Bus: Turned on by Race Jaxon in season 17 after a lengthy period of discord. The Bus Came Back midway through the following season.
- Aborted Arc: Argus "rescuing" Kevin Condron from Snowflake. Built up at the tail end of 2015, seemed to culminate with Argus pinning Snowflake at the season finale, with Snowflake becoming fascinated with him as a result...then completely dropped, as Argus went on to do not much of anything before disappearing and Snowflake/Condron disappeared 'til May 2016. See the entry under Condron below for further explanation.
- Chuck Cunningham Syndrome: Vanished completely without explanation after King of Trios 2016, eventually removed from the roster in May 2017.
- Eye Am Watching You: Used at least part of this gesture, plus he substituted "eye" for I on Twitter.
- Red Baron: "The Gekko-Roman Wrestler"
- Third-Person Person: Always referred to himself on Twitter as "this one".
- The Voiceless / The Speechless: One of the two. He didn't talk in promos.
- Suddenly Voiced: Cut his first promo at Colony Collapse.
- The Bus Came Back: Returned from the injury in December 2016.
- Chuck Cunningham Syndrome: Seemingly vanished completely without explanation before Season 16 began. It was eventually revealed on twitter that [he suffered a leg injury.
- Crab People: Much like his partner Hermit Crab.
- Defeat Means Friendship: Or at least subservience, as he bent the knee for Oceanea after she and Merlok defeated him and Hermit Crab.
- Game-Breaking Injury: Tore his ACL shortly after debuting.
- Ragin' Cajun
Kevin Condron (formerly Kid Cyclone, Jervis Cottonbelly/Gentleman Jervis, and Snowflake)
- Aborted Arc: Argus "rescuing" Condron from Snowflake. Built up at the tail end of 2015, seemed to culminate with Argus pinning Snowflake at the season finale, with Snowflake becoming fascinated with him as a result... then completely dropped, as Argus went on to do not much of anything before disappearing and Snowflake/Condron disappeared 'til May 2016.
- At the time, Condron implied on Twitter that Executive Meddling had taken place, with the storyline being taken out of his control and sent in a different direction than he'd wanted and planned. He stated it outright in a rant on Twitter after he left CHIKARA.
- Agent Peacock: Snowflake. Campy as all getout, but fully capable of delivering a beatdown, which he demonstrated against Argus in his "debut" match.
- Arch-Enemy: Formerly 17, Deucalion, and Eddie Kingston. While Condron currently has it in for much of the CHIKARA roster, Mike Quackenbush is the likeliest to be this for him.
- Do Not Taunt Cthulhu: While he himself escaped harm, his actions resulted in his shaming and cost his two best friends their careers.
- Early-Bird Cameo: Attended the November 2nd rally with Icarus before his official introduction in the Ashes video "Sweat Shop" later in the month.
- Two years before showing up in CHIKARA, he made an appearance in this Gentleman's Club video.
- Embarrassing Nickname: "Snowflake," assigned to him by other Wrestle Factory trainees.
- Fallen Hero: The trauma of what happened to his friends and how Easily Forgiven Eddie Kingston was caused him to snap, renounce his identity and become a dangerous new force in the post-Deucalion landscape of CHIKARA.
- He Who Fights Monsters: Broke once again during King of Trios 2015 when he delivered the chokebreaker to Orbit Adventure Ant, becoming what he originally despised. This caused him to fully give in to Snowflake.
- Fighting from the Inside: Attempted as part of the Aborted Arc mentioned above.
- Heroic Wannabe: Fashioned himself as the next Icarus to lead CHIKARA to victory and to end Deucalion himself. It did not go too well.
- Ho Yay: In-universe, petitioned for a partner for "meaningless homoeroticism" on Twitter. He emphasized that since it would be meaningless and it would be for the benefit of fangirls, it would actually be super-hetero.
- Hot-Blooded: Showed the most on his Twitter account.
- Meaningful Rename: Has thrown down his Kid Cyclone identity and is now known as Kevin Condron.
- Nice Job Fixing It, Villain!: Taunting Missile Assault Man about his past sins proved to be Snowflake's undoing, as the beating he received ceased the Split-Personality Takeover and led to Condron's return.
- Put on a Bus: According to Condron, Snowflake "went back to Hell" after he was beat down by Missile Assault Man. Condron himself disappeared (almost certainly for good, considering his anti-Quackenbush remarks on Twitter) at the same time, as well.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: Attempted to embark upon one at You Only Live Twice as he led Equinox III and Create-A-Wrestler II in attacking 17 for what was done to Private Eye Jr., only for Hallowicked to intervene.
- Attempted to go on one against Deucalion for all the deaths he caused. It resulted in the demise of Create-A-Wrestler II and Equinox III.
- Attempted to go on one agained Eddie Kingston for his part in Create-A-Wrestler II and Equinox III's deaths. This one was successful, as he cost Kingston his three points and his shot at regaining the Grand Championship.
- Shout-Out: His former mask and name came from the children's book Kid Cyclone Fights the Devil and Other Stories.
- Wears golden wings on his shoes, originally as a tribute to his mentor and inspiration, Icarus.
- Split Personality: Snowflake, who lurked in some form since July and made himself known after the incident described in He Who Fights Monsters above. Speaks on social media in curly braces.
- Tweets suggest that Kid Cyclone is (or was) one as well.
- Split-Personality Takeover: Snowflake made his official CHIKARA "debut" in October of 2015.
- Crab People
- Defeat Means Friendship: Or at least subservience, as he bent the knee for Oceanea after she and Merlok defeated him and Cajun Crawdad.
- Giant Enemy Crab: To his opponents anyway.
- It's All About Me: Quite possibly the most self-centered wrestler on the active roster (even rivaling post-FaceHeel Turn Race Jaxon), which is quite a feat.
- Mundane Made Awesome: He walks from the depths!
- Third-Person Person
- Expy: Of The Machines gimmick from the 80's WWF.
- The Giant: Easily one of the largest men to ever compete in CHIKARA. He debuted in the Infinite Gauntlet and it took ten people to eliminate him.
- Old Shame: In-universe, he's Sidney Bakabella's.
- Put on a Bus: After failing to appear for a scheduled match during No One's First, And You're Next. Confirmed by Sidney Bakabella on Twitter. He never returned.
- Stout Strength: Has a notable paunch, but is very strong.
Officer Warren Barksdale
The Closers (Rick Roland and Sloan Caprice, FKA Big Deal Security)
- Lightning Bruiser: Both men are pretty quick for their size.
- Muscles Are Meaningful: Their gimmick primarily revolves around how strong and jacked they are - particularly the smaller but leaner Caprice.
- Villainous Friendship: With Juan Francisco de Coronado.
Cornelius Crummels and Sonny Defarge
- Con Men: Regardless of how many times they may insist they're legitimate businessmen.
- Finishing Move: Great Expectations.
- Nice Hats
- Out-of-Character Moment: During their extremely short turn as tecnicos, they used hand sanitizer.
- The Pig-Pen: Absolutely filthy.
- Shout-Out: Their whole aesthetic and finisher name, to Charles Dickens.
- Human Aliens: The only thing not entirely human about her was her odd hairstyle.
- Put on a Bus: Disappeared during Season 18, implied to be as a result of Ashley Vox giving in to Obariyon's darker path.
- Red Baron: The Galaxy Delmigod
- Sibling Team: Team Sea Stars with Ashley Vox, though their sibling relation was not acknowledged by CHIKARA.
Dez Peloton (Donald Kluger and Jasper Tippins)
- Catch Phrase: "We're going to take you for a ride!"
- Large Ham
- Wrestling Doesn't Pay: Wrestling cyclists.
- Berserk Button: Mentioned on commentary that Oceanea goes berserk if her former identity is mentioned around her.
- Break the Cutie: Merlok spent all of 2017 trying everything he could to break Ashley Vox's sunny disposition. He succeeded.
- FaceHeel Turn: Ashley either absorbed or was gifted Obariyon's "dark power" shortly before he left Chikara. The power transformed her into Oceanea. After making Merlok tap out, she drafted him into her service, and later conscripted Cajun Crawdad and Hermit Crab.
- From Nobody to Nightmare: Debuted with little fanfare in a Young Lions Cup qualifier. Two years later, she's become one of the most dangerous wrestlers on the roster with an army at her beck and call.
- Mistreatment-Induced Betrayal: On the receiving end of this from the rest of the Creatures of the Deep, as they had gotten sick of her abuse.
- Our Mermaids Are Different: Ashley Vox had no obvious scales, but supposedly needed to be in contact with water at least once every two hours.
- Power Stable: The Creatures of the Deep.
- Put on a Bus: Kicked out of her own stable during King of Trios 2019 and subsequently disappeared, with her departure confirmed after Season 20 finished.
- Red Baron: Ashley Vox was "Poseidon's Siren". Oceanea's is "The Queen of the Seven Seas."
- Sibling Team: Team Sea Stars with Delmi Exo, though their sibling relation was not acknowledged by CHIKARA.
- Took a Level in Badass: Ashley's transformation into Oceanea came with an increase in power great enough that she made Merlok tap out.
- Crab People: Much like partner Hermit Crab.
- Chuck Cunningham Syndrome: Was injured and never returned. Quietly removed from the roster page in November 2017.
- Suspiciously Similar Substitute: For Cajun Crawdad, right down to being injury-prone as well.
- Banana Peel: Tends to eat bananas on his way to the ring and be careless of where he leaves the peels. Rudos have slipped on them. It's a serious hazard.
- Everything's Better with Monkeys: You have to ask?
- Commuting on a Bus: Dropped the Young Lions Cup on his first defense (against Wani) and didn't show up in CHIKARA again until October 2017.
- The Unintelligible: Some animal characters in CHIKARA can cut understandable promos. He couldn't.
Chuck Taylor TM
- Chuck Cunningham Syndrome: Outright vanished during 2017, deleting his Twitter and eventually being moved to alumni. Later showed up in Beyond Wrestling for a spell.
- Couch Gag: Sings a different soul song as his entrance theme every show. Badly.
- Disproportionate Retribution: Was treated quite badly and pretty much extorted by Taylor in the Gentleman's Club video linked below. Retaliated by showing up several years later and taking advantage of Taylor's "retirement" to swipe his name and character out from under him.
- Early-Bird Cameo: Appeared in this Gentleman's Club video several years before showing up in CHIKARA.
- You Look Familiar: In-universe. Claimed to be Ring of Honor Manager Stokely Hathaway's identical cousin.
- Aborted Arc: He and Whisper!Ophidian having won three points towards a challenge for the CdP before 17!Ophidian forced him out.
- We Hardly Knew Ye: Was taken out by the real Ophidian, in the guise of 17, within two months of debuting.
Travis Huckabee (formerly Travis Lastnameunnecessary)
- Berserk Button: Originally Rory Gulak, who eventually caused him to cross the Rage Breaking Point into a FaceHeel Turn. Post-turn, his ex-partner Solo Darling.
- Easily Distracted Referee: Much like Jon Barber below, Travis' stint as a referee had a lot of this, much to the displeasure of fans.
- Red Baron: "The Golden Grappler"
- Replacement Goldfish: After turning rudo and falling under Icarus' tutelage, Travis has more and more grown to resemble Gran Akuma, to the point of shaving his head bald.
Officer Bruno Meloni
- Put on a Bus: After a stint lasting less than a year he retired, saying that Barksdale and the Force don't need him anymore.
- The Stoic: A straight-laced, by-the-book police officer in contrast to the more fun-loving Barksdale.
- Tag Team: The Force, with Officer Warren Barksdale.
- Wrestling Doesn't Pay: A wrestling police officer.
- Blood Knight: Doesn't actually care about the point system and will often end up having his matches thrown out or end in a double count-out because he only cares about inflicting punishment.
- Defeat Means Friendship: Or at least subservience, judging by the way he treated Oceanea after she tapped him out.
- Fish People: Looks a hell of a lot like a pirahna.
- Shout-Out: Possibly intended to be a Murloc.
The Whisper (formerly Ophidian II)
- Aborted Arc: He and Amasis II having won three points towards a challenge for the Cdp before 17!Ophidian forced Amasis II out.
- Always Someone Better: Presented himself as being this in comparison to the original Ophidian.
- Bad Boss: Abandoned Troll to the tender mercies of the Proteus Wheel, instructing them to fix him.
- Complexity Addiction/Awesome, but Impractical: His Finishing Move The Aftermath is a one-armed Vertebreaker setup into a face first over the back slam.
- The Corrupter: To Princess Kimberlee, as his influence (and possible Blackmail) of her led her to display a harder edge during Season 17.
- The Dragon: In the post-credits scene of the Season 19 finale, he revealed to Princess KimberLee that he was serving someone. He was later revealed to be part of the Crucible.
- Enemy Mine: Joined Ophidian as part of the Crucible.
- Green-Eyed Monster: Towards Princess Kimberlee as she became Ophidian's favored disciple and shunted him further out of the limelight.
- Killer Yo-Yo: His weapon of choice. Utilized a yo-yo Groin Attack to win his way into the YLC finals at National Pro Wrestling Day '17.
- Knowledge Broker: Seemed to have some kind of dirt on everyone, though for the most part it was unknown where he received it from.
- Suspiciously Similar Substitute: As he inherited Snow Troll and Axel Ford's journal, he looked to be Kevin Condron's replacement. After swiping Ophidian's mask, he became his replacement as well, to the point of bringing in a fake Amasis.
Xyberhawx 2000 (Razerhawk, Nytehawk, Danjerhawk, Sylverhawk)
- Alliterative Name: Blanche Babish.
- Bubblegum Popping: Her image on the CHIKARA roster page is of her blowing a bubblegum bubble.
- '50s Hair: Sports a rockabilly bouffant .
- Expy: Of former WWE Diva Cherry. She is billed from "The Wrong Side of the Tracks," while Deuce, Domino and Cherry were from "The Other Side of the Tracks." During her match with El Hijo del Ice Cream at Hour of Power 14, Bryce and Sidney Bakabella made jokes about playing a game of "Deuces and Dominos" and the cherry on top of Hijo's mask.
- Finishing Move: A Cross-Armbreaker variation called the Soda Jerk.
- Fiery Redhead: As a face.
- Good Is Not Nice: Blanche Babish a tecnica, but doesn't particularly show much respect to her opponents regardless of alignment.
B.M.D. (Brett Michael David)
- Put on a Bus: Bailed out on Lucas Calhoun and Jeremy Leary after he received a first-hand lesson about how dangerous the Proteus Wheel truly are.
- Large Ham
- Replacement Goldfish: Under Icarus' tutelage he seems to be becoming more and more like Chuck Taylor at his worst.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Probably. The things Missile Assault Man was said to have done can more than likely be attributed to him instead, as MAM received Ford's memories.
- Identity Impersonator: On the receiving end, courtesy of Professor Nicodemus and Missile Assault Man, the latter brainwashed by the former into actually believing he was Axel Ford.
- Mind Rape: His journal indicated that he was subjected to quite a bit of this courtesy of Deucalion.
- Put on a Bus: Having recovered his journal from Missile Assault Man and gotten his revenge against the Proteus Wheel for what they did to him, he quietly exited CHIKARA at the end of 2018.
- The Muse: Attracted the attention/obsession of BLANK.
- Put on a Bus: Signed with All Elite Wrestling.
- Red Baron: "The Bad Girl"
- Red Baron: Inherited "The Resilient Rookie" from his predecessor.
- Replacement Goldfish: For Silver Ant (the original Green Ant).
- Early-Bird Cameo: Appeared regularly in the Supper with the Hatfields webseries in 2012/13, and then would show up working ring crew throughout 2018 prior to his in-ring debut.
- The Unfavorite: Treated this way by his father. Dasher would even deliberately skip out before Boomer's matches by scheduling title defenses earlier so that he could leave early to "spend time with his kids".
- Wrestling Family: His debut match in CHIKARA was teaming with his father.
The Proteus Wheel (Volgar II, Callux the Castigator, and Frantik)
- Character Tics: Frantik is constantly twitching.
- Fat Bastard: Callux especially, although fans have noted that for athletes who supposedly represent the cutting edge of science, the lot of them are pasty and soft around the edges.
- Replacement Goldfish: Volgar II (who is at least the 80th iteration of the Volgar experiment) and Callux the Castigator for the originals, probably Frantik as well due to how the Proteus Wheel operates, although there had not been a previous character with that name.
- The Scapegoat: Frantik, who has been blamed for several losses by Callux.
- The Stoic: Where Frantik is a loud, hyperactive nutcase and Callux is prone to dramatic shouting, Volgar is borderline emotionless and doesn't speak much.
- Surrounded by Idiots: Volgar, who considers both Callux and Frantik idiots.
- Took a Level in Badass: Professor Nicodemus genetically modified them sometime before their trios match against Lucas Calhoun, Jeremy Leary, and BMD, allowing them to defeat the ex-Volgars quite handily.
- Wrestling Monster: Three of them. On commentary, Quack has called them "the monstrous Misfits of Science."
Still Life & Ursa Minor
- Colour-Coded for Your Convenience: Ursa Minor has blue blotches on his mask, Still Life has reddish ones on theirs.
- Overly Long Name: Their full names are, respectively, Still Life With Apricots And Pears and Ursa Minor In The Night Sky.
- Put on a Bus: Ursa Minor, after failing BLANK for the last time.
- Tag Team: The Nouveau Aesthetic
- True Art Is Incomprehensible: Apparently their gimmick (in-universe).
- The Unfavorite: Still Life became this to BLANK after achieving considerable success on their own, culminating in their match at Night Two of King of Trios 2019.
- Ur-Example: Still Life is cited as the first non-binary champion in wrestling history, and prefers they/them pronouns.
- Replacement Goldfish: Jakob Hammermeier brought him in as another vaguely Northern European monster in the vein of Tursas and Nøkken.
The Crucible (Matt Makowski, Tunku Amir, Evan Matthew Demorest, Devantes, Frey Nassar)
- Blood Knight: Even by the standards of a group of guys in a secret fight club, Devantes seems extreme."Listen, if I don't fight, I can't sleep..."
- Early-Bird Cameo: Amir, Demorest, and Nassar previously appeared as the masked enhancement talent Armwringer Amir, Enzuigiri Evan, and Fireman's Carry Frey, while Makowski initially debuted in the 2019 Infinite Gauntlet as Snapmare Matt. Their unmasked identities, as well as Devantes, were introduced in the "Heralds & Harbingers" series of videos.
- Red Baron: Matt Makowski's nickname in his MMA fights was "Weapon X", which got a shoutout in Heralds & Harbingers.
- Spoiled Brat: Frey Nassar is described by others as having a rich, important father and just being in The Crucible for kicks, and comes off as a loudmouth in his appearances in Heralds & Harbingers.
- Un-person: The video officially introducing the Crucible made no mention of Xavier Faraday, Joey Ibanez (Jawbreaker Josue), or Josh Wells, who were also part of the Crucible at one point. As each had a hand in the Crucible being revealed to the world (Faraday through his vlogs, Ibanez through leaking the footage, and Wells through contacting Green Ant and getting them kicked out of the Wrestle Factory), their absence can be explained as this. All three soon returned to oppose what they were once part of.
- The Stool Pigeon: Pure Whistleblower. His vlogs as UnknownCarbon helped bring the Crucible to light.
- Early-Bird Cameo: Like his former Crucible partners, he competed under a mask (as Jawbreaker Josue) and had his unmasked identity introduced as part of Heralds & Harbingers.
- Nice Guy: In the Heralds and Harbingers series, he's the only member of The Crucible who's been there a long time who isn't a jerk or a Blood Knight. The others tend to look down on him for it.
- The Stool Pigeon: Whistleblower. Was the one who leaked the Crucible footage online.
Preston Blathers/Joshua Wells
- It Began with a Twist of Fate: In his pre-Young Lions' Cup promo, he reminisced about the time he was waiting backstage before the previous year's tournament as Ring Announced where a referee jokingly referred to him as the "17th" Young Lionnote , and it struck such a bitter chord with him that it spurred him to drop the Preston Blathers name and take up wrestling himself so that he could not only become the actual 17th young lion, but win it all.
- Put on a Bus: Relinquished the ring announcer role in January 2019, announcing that he would train to wrestle instead. The Bus Came Back later in the year, as he became part of the Crucible storyline, and he officially made his wrestling debut during King of Trios 2019.
- Replacement Goldfish: For Vlad Radinov.
- Sitcom Arch-Nemesis: Scott Holladay, though they mostly keep it to Twitter.
- Stealth Pun: A ring announcer with the last name of Blathers (to talk nonsensically).
- The Stool Pigeon: Whistleblower mixed with Concerned (for his newfound acquaintances) and Innocent (in disbelief over what people he knew previously were doing). He was the one who revealed the Crucible's existence via text, resulting in them getting busted and kicked out of the Wrestle Factory.
- Black Sheep: Sees herself as this of the Hatfield/McCoy family, particularly in comparison to Boomer. Subverted in regards to Dasher after his FaceHeel Turn, as he sees her as the only member of their family he can trust to have his back.
- Clashing Cousins: She tells Boomer Hatfield that she'll never forgive him after he beats Dasher and costs him his mask.
- Shout-Out: Her look is partially inspired by former Dasher's Dugout member Heidi Lovelace.
- Audience Surrogate: In the first episode of Action Arcade, as her first day at the Wrestle Factory is used to explain the various quirks of CHIKARA to new viewers.
- Beware the Nice Ones: She's an absolute killer in the ring, if her Young Lions Cup appearance is any indication.
The Red Queen (formerly Lady Frost) and One-Eyed Jack
- Cool Mask: One-Eyed Jack's one-eyed Jack of Hearts-style mask, which is also pretty creepy.
- Early-Bird Cameo: As Lady Frost, the Red Queen made several appearances in 2019.
- Playing Card Motifs: The Queen and Jack of Hearts, reflected in their attire and promos.
- Pungeon Master: Their promos are chock-full of card game puns.
- Awesome Anachronistic Apparel: Bow ties and suspenders.
- Bald of Evil: Hidden under a wig. Ditched the wig in late 2016, only to bring it back in 2019.
- Disco Dan: Seems to be stuck in the 80s.
- Even Evil Has Standards: After Jaka won the WiF! Banana Title, that is, a title that was represented by an actual banana, he ate the banana, which Bakabella found shocking.
- Fish out of Temporal Water: He seems to be stuck in the early 90s. At Under The Hood, he called out Herb Abrams. Herb's promotion closed in 1996 and Herb is dead. Since then he's made references to working with Fritz Von Erich, The Sheik, and frequently says he's doing the bidding of Toots Mondt. The guy's all over the place.
- At Just Shadows in the Fog, which was held in Tampa, FL on March 8, 2013, before the CHIKARA Campeonatos de Parejas match between 3.0 and the Devastation Corporation, he cut a promo where he said that he would have brought The One Man Gang with him, but Sir Oliver Humperdink prevented that and he proceeded to verbally run down Humperdink. Humperdink, real name John Sutton, who did in fact manage the One Man Gang for a time in the old Florida territory in the 1980s, passed away on March 20, 2011.
- Hired Guns: Like his former charges the Devastation Corporation, he will work for whoever pays him.
- Kicked Upstairs: Appointed as Director of Fun in April 2019.
- Killed Off for Real: Courtesy of an Off with His Head! from his former charge Oleg The Usurper...or so was thought.
- Large Ham: He's a wrestling manager, it comes with the territory.
- Mouth of Sauron: While the Wrecking Crew members could talk, they generally chose not to most of the time.
- Not Quite Dead: Resurfaced at the end of January 2016, claiming that the hair was just ripped off his head.
- Old Shame: In-universe, does not want to talk about the very short run of Abominus Rex.
- Power Stable: The Wrecking Crew (The Devastation Corporation, Jaka and Oleg the Usurper), which was also part of The Flood, led by Deucalion.
- Rule of Funny: Along with his Fish out of Temporal Water act, the contract he held over Oleg The Usurper was a piece of paper that featured the words "PRO RASSLIN' CONTRACT".
- Sinister Shades: They actually protected him from Ophidian's hypnosis.
- Two Decades Behind: At least.
- Easily Distracted Referee: Which tends to get him heavily booed by fans.
- Ironic Nickname: Often referred to as "The Sheriff" on commentary, for his supposed ability to lay down the law. In actuality he's the referee most likely to fail to catch a rudo cheating.
- The Quiet One
- Animal Motifs: He and Volgar (and initially Jimmy Jacobs) wore metal condor masks when they first debuted, since they were working for Condor Security.
- Early-Bird Cameo: Appeared during the 11/30/13 scavenger hunt event, along with his now-former partner Lucas Calhoun (then Volgar).
- Killed Off for Real: Confirmed deceased in a post on the Chikara101 boards by Kevin Condron.
- Legacy Character: With the introduction of the Proteus Wheel, which included another Callux. Unlike the Volgars (the current of which has been confirmed to be at least the 80th iteration), it's unknown just how many Calluxes there have been previously to both this one and the current one.
- No Name Given: Mike Quackenbush revealed his name over a year after he was removed - before the reveal he was known only as Masked Condor Security Guy #2 (Volgar being Masked Condor Security Guy #1).
- We Hardly Knew Ye: Destroyed by Eddie Kingston on Jimmy Jacobs' orders before he ever had a chance to wrestle. Years later, it was revealed that he had been a creation of the Proteus Wheel along with Calhoun.
- Put on a Bus: Quietly phased out after accusations of misconduct became public.
- Replacement Goldfish: The latest CHIKARA ring announcer after Mark Adam Haggerty got signed by MLW.
- Southern Belle
Leonard F. Chikarason
- Chuck Cunningham Syndrome: Vanished during 2016, hadn't even been mentioned until...
- The Bus Came Back: Reappeared without explanation to do commentary in mid-2018.
- Corpsing: Well, how else was he supposed to respond to Chuck Taylor dropping a "grenade" down Kodama's tights and giving him an Atomic Drop?
- Reasonable Authority Figure: Unless you're Vin Gerard.
- Reassigned to Antarctica: Dieter von Steigerwalt usurped the Director of Fun position from him and reduced his job to commentary and taking tickets.
- Bullying a Dragon: He and Equinox III learned this the hard way. Don't call Deucalion a coward.
- Killed Off for Real: Executed by Deucalion during King of Trios 2014.
- Legacy Character: The second person to use the Create-A-Wrestler gimmick, the first having eventually became Dasher Hatfield.
- We Hardly Knew Ye: Only had one wrestling match at Wrestling is Fun before his end.
- Bigger Bad: He's a character in Kaiju Big Battel, not CHIKARA. However, he's the former holder of the Eye of Tyr.
- Dead Person Impersonation: Heavily suspected to be this upon his joining The Flood, as the original Dr. Cube was assassinated at a Kaiju Big Battel show.
- Confirmed at King of Trios 2014. He was Jakob Hammermeier. And he had the Eye.
- It Is Pronounced "Tro-PAY": Before The Order of the Neo-Solar Temple (UltraMantis Black/Crossbones/Hydra) faced KBB's Sea Amigos (Call-Me-Kevin/Unibouzu/D.W. Cycloptopuss III) at King of Trios 2008 Night I, Mantis cut a promo where he brought out Cube as his "newfound friend." Cube cut a promo running down Call-Me-Kevin and handed Mantis a bottle of tartar sauce, which he pronounced as "TAR-TAR."
- Not-So-Harmless Villain: Sure, his UltraMantis-esque theatrics may make him seem goofy, but he and his Posse annihilated Wrestling is Awesome in one fell swoop by taking both the title and event gate. Appeared as part of the Flood from then until King of Trios 2014, when he unmasked and took over the BDK.
- Bullying a Dragon: He and Create-A-Wrestler II learned this the hard way. Don't call Deucalion a coward.
- Killed Off for Real: Executed by Deucalion during King of Trios 2014.
- Legacy Character: The third person to use the Equinox gimmick (the first being Vin Gerard, the second being Jimmy Olson)
- We Hardly Knew Ye: Only had one wrestling match at Wrestling is Fun before his end.
Mark Adam Haggerty
- Put on a Bus: After signing with MLW.
- Replacement Goldfish: For Preston Blathers, who chose to give up the role so he could train to wrestle.
- Replacement Goldfish: For Leonard F. Chikarason and Joey Styles.
- Sitcom Arch-Nemesis: Preston Blathers, mostly on social media.
- Canine Companion: To The Force and to Solo Darling.
- Chuck Cunningham Syndrome: Vanished when The Whisper stole Ophidian's identity, as Whisper claimed he no longer needed him to communicate.
- The Bus Came Back: Returned in April 2018 after Whisper gave Troll to the Proteus Wheel, only to disappear again shortly after.
- Invisible Man: Well, he walks like a person and doesn't appear to have a head.
- Surprise Creepy: Nobody expected this creepy, headless, umbrella-holding, mannequin-looking thing to show up as part of The Whisper's entourage.
- Demonic Possession: Inhabited UltraMantis Black, until he was banished by Ophidian at the tail end of Supremacy.
- The Man Behind the Man/Big Bad: The force behind Hallowicked and the Nightmare Warriors, the heXed Men, and possibly the Legion of Rot.
- Names to Run Away from Really Fast: Among his epithets are "The Cannibal Prince," "The Eater" and "The Lord of Rot."
- The Unseen: Nobody knows exactly what Nazmaldun actually is or how he came to inhabit the Eye of Tyr, except maybe Hallowicked.
Professor Hugo Nicodemus
- Early-Bird Cameo: Long before his appearance at the end of Season 18, his name appeared on the card◊ that Jeremy Leary gave to The Whisper after Bad Wolf.
- Evil Is Hammy: As seen in this promo:"Reject your mundane mediocrity, and embrace the glorious wonders OF SCIENCE!"
- Evilutionary Biologist: Seeks to improve the human condition via the Volgar, Callux, and Frantix experiments.
- Mad Scientist: Proteus Wheel's Scientist Supreme, creator of the Volgars, the Calluxes, and Frantik.
- Old Shame: In-universe, he's admitted to having gone through a "rockabilly phase" when he created the Volgars, leading to the love for the music that has been one of their dominating traits, thus explaining "Juke Joint" Lucas Calhoun, Jeremy Leary, and Brett Michael David.
- Right-Hand Cat: One is seen prominently on his lap in this video.
Private Eye Jr.
- Early-Bird Cameo: Alluded to by Icarus at the September rally via a sign that read #13Y19T5R9U13P. Originally thought to be a reference to the unsolved Mysterium P. puzzle, this led to Private Eye Jr.'s Instagram account instead. Was also active on the 101 around that same time, under the username SilverWingsHeels. Made his first official appearance in the Ashes video "Sweat Shop" two months later.
- Forgotten Fallen Friend: Despite being one of the first to be Killed Off for Real, his demise had seemingly been forgotten about in the wake of the other deaths the Flood had caused, though Kevin Condron would reference him sometime later.
- Generation Xerox: Son of the original Private Eye.
- Killed Off for Real: Got his neck snapped by 17 just before the Flood invaded National Pro Wrestling Day 2014.
The Polar Baron
- Non-Action Big Bad: Of The Bloc Party
- Put on a Bus: Disappeared very shortly after appearing in CHIKARA proper to return to the Arctic, effectively stranding the rest of the Bloc Party in America as he'd taken their passports with him.
- Big Fun
- Husky Russkie: A Non-Action Guy version of the trope.
- Put on a Bus: Announced his departure in early 2018.
- Red Baron: "The Party Czar"
- Replacement Goldfish: For Gavin Loudspeaker.
- The Ace: In addition to being a popular referee and commentator, he's been known to plancha onto a pack of brawling wrestlers to restore order. He can also cut a pretty mean rug and does a killer impression of the Undertaker.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Threw himself in front of Ashley Remington to save him from being 'shot' by Archibald Peck's finger gun during the Atomico Ridiculoso at Moonraker. Played completely for laughs.
- Kicked Upstairs: His sudden appointment as the Director of Fun in 2018 looked to be this, until he clarified on Twitter that he would still be senior referee as well.
- The Peter Principle: He was entirely incompetent as the Director of Fun, taking a 'see no evil' approach to ongoings in Chikara and regularly expressing a lack of knowledge regarding the rules he was supposed to be upholding.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: As a referee, but not as Director of Fun.
That Jerk Sabato (Derek Sabato)
- The Chew Toy
- Chuck Cunningham Syndrome: Disappeared from CHIKARA in early 2013. Hinted to be related to his anti-Wink blogs.
- Resurfaced first at Aniversario: Never Compromise in June 2013. He managed to get to the ring and claimed he had something to say about "the company that owns CHIKARA". Quickly removed from the ring after showing a now-infamous (Photoshopped) picture of the Titor Conglomerate's higher-ups. Met with Mike Quackenbush the day afterward, which was shown in part in the Ashes video series and in full in the Ashes movie.
- Returned to CHIKARA as a referee during Tomorrow Never Dies, with Quackenbush on commentary revealing that he had promised to rehire Sabato.
- Jerkass: He seemed to relish going against the grain and ruffling feathers.
- Jerkass Has a Point: A lot of his blogs on CHIKARA's website in 2012 have pointed out the hypocrisy in CHIKARA (e.g. Quackenbush's career-ending assaults on GEKIDO) as well as the incompetence of Wink Vavasseur, to the point where some fans actually called for Sabato to replace Wink... only for Sabato to call out the fans on their fickle natures, stating he doesn't want the job.
- Put on a Bus: Retired from refereeing after Top Banana.
- The Quisling: Happily volunteered to act as GEKIDO's liason, and before that he worked with The BDK.
- Felony Misdemeanor: Got kicked out of the BDK by Jakob after screwing up the BDK's ring introduction. Possibly a Take That! since on the CHIKARA return show he messed up on the microphone by confusing Tursas and Nøkken for each other.
- The Mole: He was working for the BDK all along while acting as the owner of Wrestling Is Cool. He closed it on receiving the order to do so from Ares.
- Non-Action Guy: Although he was booked to wrestle at You Only Live Twice, he was replaced by the returning Tursas. He was never booked to wrestle again and actually disappeared from CHIKARA until Jakob Hammermeier took over the BDK, only returning to be the BDK's ring announcer until being Put on a Bus.
- Put on a Bus: By Jakob Hammermeier and the returning Pinkie Sanchez.
- Suspiciously Similar Substitute: To Jakob Hammermeier. They're both white guys in white suits who do ring announcing for the BDK in German.
- Action Girl: Averted, in a rarity for CHIKARA. She claimed to be one in a few blogs she wrote for the Chikara website, but she never did more than hit people with Archie's baton a few times.
- Chronic Backstabbing Disorder: She came to CHIKARA with Archie, dumped him for Mr. Touchdown, ended up with Tim Donst, left him, and made one appearance with The Batiri in Absolutely Intense Wrestling before disappearing from wrestling.
- Dope Slap: Delivers a nice one to Kodama here. Even though she was the one who said the stupid thing.
- Early-Bird Cameo: Type 2 - seen as early as King of Trios 2009 doing the same jobs as other Wrestle Factory students (taking jackets & ringing bells etc).
- Hell-Bent for Leather: After allying with Tim Donst.
- Not So Above It All: She may have acted horrified when Mr. Touchdown killed Sapphire, but she got over it pretty quickly.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: She heard something on the second-to-last Chikara show that caused her to dump Donst and leave the promotion entirely. She left wrestling as a whole not too long afterward.
- Small Name, Big Ego
- Statuesque Stunner: She's 6'1, probably at least 6'3" with heels.
- Greater-Scope Villain: Has had barely any interactions with the Chikara promotion, but he's a very high ranking member of Titor Conglomerate and Wink's father.
- He Who Must Not Be Named: For several months, the Chikara 101 forums autocensored Conrad's name along with some other words relating to Titor Conglomerate and Condor Security. The whole angle made heavy use of Painting the Medium and the idea behind it was that the Titor Conglomerate people who owned Chikara were autocensoring the forums to try and keep the fans from talking about stuff that was none of their business. The Titor-related autocensors were finally deactivated in November 2013 (although Chris Hero's wasn't, see his entry above as to why).
- The Dog Bites Back: Verbally abused and ordered around for years by his father, due to being a "Well Done, Son!" Guy. Wink got revenge in a big way in October/November of 2013. First, he revealed just what Titor wanted with CHIKARA in the first place, along with the real purpose of CHIKARAbermetrics and just who was bankrolling GEKIDO and the Colony Xtreme Force. After being threatened, he then went underground and masterminded the hijack of Condor Security's scavenger hunt by CHIKARA forces.
- The Napoleon: He's quite short and his increasingly stupid decisions and demands for respect are implied to be because he's suffering from a bit of this.
- Non-Action Big Bad: By 2013.
- Pointy-Haired Boss: Confirmed on the official forums by a now-former moderator, who said that the reason "Conrad [Vavasseur]'s screwup son" got the job was because Chikara was supposed to be "somewhere no one would notice."
- Put on a Bus: In the post-credits stinger of the Ashes movie, he was seen wrapped in garbage bags and about to be thrown in the back of a van as his father ordered Condor Security to "make this screwup go away".
- Reassigned to Antarctica: For Wink, Chikara is Antarctica. His father stuck him at a small independent wrestling promotion due to his incompetence elsewhere.
- Took a Level in Dumbass: Compare the beginning of 2011, when he sanctioned the Grand Championship, to 2012, when he broke up multiple successful tag teams with his Chikarabermetrics nonsense.
- Subverted in regards to CHIKARAbermetrics, which has since been revealed to have had a hidden, more sinister purpose, and may not have even been his idea to begin with.
- Took a Level in Jerkass: Particularly in regards to Eddie Kingston, to the point where Kingston is the only person he refused to apologize to regarding his actions against him. He was originally welcomed as a change from the BDK's Dieter VonSteigerwalt, until he started screwing up everything, leading to fans calling for him to be fired.
- "Well Done, Son!" Guy: Only wanted his father's approval. When he realized he would never receive it, he turned on him for all the abuse he suffered.