Characters from Butterbean's Cafe.
open/close all folders
Voiced by: Margaret Ying DrakeThe heroine of the series, she runs the titular Cafe along with her friends. Butterbean and her Bean Team are always ready to help and cook whatever their customers need.
- The Ace: Butterbean is the best chef in Puddlebrook.
- Benevolent Boss: Butterbean is a caring boss who treats her friends with respect.
- Blonde, Brunette, Redhead: The Brunette to Cricket's blonde and Poppy's redhead.
- Blue Is Heroic: Her wings are blue with multicolored sprinkles, and has blue bean-shaped buttons on her apron.
- Chronic Hero Syndrome: Shown in "A Grilled Cheese for the Big Cheese!". She has to get a grilled cheese sandwich to the president, but she keeps stopping to help various townspeople, even though it might make her late.
- Cool Big Sis: Butterbean is a patient older sister to Cricket.
- Hair Decorations: She wears a bean-shaped hair clip.
- The Leader: Butterbean is the leader of the Bean Team.
- Meaningful Name: She is named after a type of lima bean.
- Nice Girl: While all the members of the Bean Team are nice, she stands out in particular because she's friendly to everyone, even Ms. Marmalady, Spork, and Spatch.
- Supreme Chef: She is the best chef in Puddlebrook, one of the top reasons for her cafe's success.
- Symbol Motif Clothing: Hers is a bean.
- Young Entrepreneur: She's a child, but manages her own cafe.
Voiced by: Kirrilee BergerOne of Butterbean's friends, Poppy is smart and bookish.
- Flower in Her Hair: Poppy has flowers that hold up her ponytail.
- Meaningful Name: She is named after a type of flower.
- Meganekko: She wears glasses.
- Orange/Blue Contrast: She has blue glasses and orange hair.
- Smart People Wear Glasses: She has huge glasses that emphasize her smarts.
- Symbol Motif Clothing: Hers is a flower.
- Youthful Freckles: She has some freckles on her face.
Voiced by: Olivia Grace ManningOne of Butterbean's friends, Dazzle is good with tablets and calculation.
- Affectionate Nickname: Poppy sometimes calls her "Dazz."
- Black and Nerdy: Dazzle is an expert at calculation.
- Black Best Friend: To Butterbean and the rest of the gang.
- Graceful Ladies Like Purple: Her signature color.
- Meaningful Name: Her name is another term for sparkle, and the fact she dazzles everyone in the cafe.
- Odango Hair: Her usual hairstyle.
- Pink Girl, Blue Boy: The Pink Girl to Jasper's Blue Boy.
- The Smart Guy: She's good with technology.
- Star-Spangled Spandex: Her apron has a star on it, and her wings are purple with pink stars.
- Symbol Motif Clothing: Hers is a star.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Dazzle has purple hair.
- Youthful Freckles: She has freckles on her face.
Voiced by: Gabriella PizzoloButterbean's younger sister, though they look little alike. Cricket is full of energy and is eager to help.
- Affectionate Nickname: Jasper calls her "Crix".
- The Baby of the Bunch: Cricket is the youngest of the Bean Team.
- Cheerful Child: While all of the main characters could qualify for this trope, she stands out in particular because she's always enthusiastic.
- Genki Girl: Always energetic and loud.
- Girlish Pigtails: Her usual hairstyle.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: Has blonde hair and is the most innocent of the Bean Team.
- Heart Symbol: Wears heart barrettes, her wings are pink with hearts, and her apron has a heart on it.
- Kid-Appeal Character: She's even younger than the rest of the cast, and is childlike and cute.
- Kindhearted Cat Lover: At some point in the first season the Bean Team got a pet cat named Cookie, whom Cricket dotes on and she mostly hangs with her. A later installment clarifies that she does in fact own Cookie.
- Meaningful Name: She is named after the insect of the same name.
- Symbol Motif Clothing: Hers is a heart.
Voiced by: Koda GursoyThe one boy among the main cast. Jasper helps Butterbean and her friends. He has super speed.
- Blue Is Heroic: Wears a blue shirt, and has blue hair.
- A Day in the Limelight: The story "Bad Luck Jasper!" is about him thinking he has bad luck and so he'll never be able to win a contest prize that he wants— a cool green vehicle called the "Green Machine." He does up winning it in the end, and the companion story "Green Machine to the Rescue!" is about him overcoming obstacles to make his first delivery using it.
- Meaningful Name: He is named after a type of rock.
- Odd Name Out: The only member of the Bean Team with a common name.
- The One Guy: He's the one male worker at the cafe.
- Out of Focus: Jasper doesn't have as much focus as the other characters.
- Super Speed: His dragonfly wings allow him to fly really fast.
- Symbol Motif Clothing: His is a lightning bolt.
- Vocal Evolution: His voice has gotten more adolescent in the second half of the first season.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: His hair is deep blue.
A light brown female cat with pink ears and wings who shows up a bit later in the first season and is the pet of the Bean Team, though is owned by Cricket.
Voiced by: Alysia ReinerThe main villain of the series, and a terrible chef. Ms. Marmalady wants to be the best chef in Puddlebrook, and is always cooking up schemes to foil Butterbean's success.
- Bad Boss: Marmalady mistreats her monkey minions and blames them for accidents that were her fault.
- Card-Carrying Villain: She's evil and proud of it.
- Character Focus: Most of "A Fairy Happy Thanksgiving" is focused on Ms. Marmalady's perspective and she even gets to use the Confession Cam, which is normally reserved for Butterbean and her team.
- Child Hater: She despises Butterbean and her friends and wants to steal business from them.
- Devil in Plain Sight: At least to Cricket, who knows she's not a nice lady.
- Dull Surprise: Most of her dialogue is incredibly monotonous.
- Even Evil Has Standards: In the Christmas Episode, she was appalled when Spork and Spatch stole the cake that Butterbean and her friends made for the Sugar Plum Fairy. She wanted to find out how they make it, not steal it.
- Evil Counterpart: To Butterbean. Her recipes are bland and dull and mostly consist of the same things, while Butterbean makes a wide array of recipes. Also, she mistreats her workers unlike Butterbean, who's kinder.
- Evil Plan/Series Goal: Put Butterbean's cafe out of business so hers can be the only restaurant in Puddlebrook once again.
- Harmless Villain: Ms. Marmalady tries to be menacing, but she poses no real threat and none of her plans work because she lacks the team spirit that Butterbean and her team have.
- "The Sugar Plum Fairy!" implies that she's not that bad of a person. "Fairy Happy Thanksgiving!" shows this too, even showing that she's capable of saying both "please" and "thank you" to Butterbean and her crew.
- Lethal Chef: She is a horrible chef, which is why her restaurant is unsuccessful. She even states outright in "Fairy Happy Thanksgiving!" that "I can't cook. I don't cook." In another installment, "Poppy's Lost Cookbook!", she tries substituting salt in place of sugar.Spatch: Not sugar.Miss Marmalady: No. It's salt. But it looks like sugar, so what's the difference?Spork: Uh, well, sugar is sweet?
- Paper-Thin Disguise: In the Christmas Episode, she tries to dress up as the Sugar Plum Fairy to cheer up the main cast, but the Bean Team see right through her act. Of course, they're not angry with her.
- Prim and Proper Bun: Her usual hairstyle.
- Punny Name: On "marmalade" and "lady," and also "malady."
Spork and Spatch
Voiced by: Chris PhillipsMs. Marmalady's monkey assistants. They work for her, but secretly root for Butterbean.
- Adorable Evil Minions: They're pretty adorable, even when being mischievous.
- The Ditz: They're not very bright. In "Summer Slushies!", they kept opening the freezer, causing the fruit-sicles to melt, when Ms. Marmalady specifically told them not to.
- Evil Minions: To Ms. Marmalady.
- Minion with an F in Evil: They rarely do anything right, and even root for the heroes.
- Nice Hat: They both wear one.
- Simpleton Voice: Both of them sound just as dim-witted as they actually are.
- Those Two Bad Guys: They're always seen together.