open/close all folders
Judges and Non-Player Characters
- Cool Mask
- In the Hood
- The Reveal: He's actually Lil' Jack, after Lil' Jack lost the tournament and got his soul reconstructed.
Lost in Round 1
- Chivalrous Pervert: Flirts with anything that has breasts, but is a good spirited person.
- Cyborg: Has robotic parts on his neck, as well as a neurologically activated holographic display.
- The Gunslinger
- Knife Nut: Also carries a knife
- Super Soldier: Is an "Exhuman", a human with an enhanced metabolism, immune system, and senses. This is due to a robotic implant on his neck that charges his DNA.
- Demonic Possession
- The Cynic: A very negative person. He was targeted by demons that feed on negative emotions because of this.
- Half-Human Hybrid: Due to getting killed and possessed by a demon.
- Mismatched Eyes: Duality Motif type- one of his eyes is the demon eye.
- Two Beings, One Body
- Gender-Blender Name
- Necessary Drawback: He may be a Reality Warper with a Thought-Controlled Power, and the limits on his powers are those he puts on himself. However, Kamiko is hesitant and insecure, hides his emotions and thus puts huge limits on himself.
- Reality Warper: Can create from nothing and destroy an object with nothing left.
- Thought-Controlled Power
Lost in Round 2
- Blue and Orange Morality
- Dark Is Evil: Not exactly evil, but he does several morally reprehensible actions.
- Manipulative Bastard
- Master of Illusion
- Mind Rape
- Your Mind Makes It Real: His illusions can do this to people once they get intense enough.
- Black Eyes of Evil: Subverted, Ragdoll isn't evil.
- Dark Is Not Evil: Initially tries to avoid fighting.
- Desperately Looking for a Purpose in Life
- Dual Wielding: Wields a pair of Sais.
- Expressive Accessory: His scarf changes colour depending on his opponent's (and subsequently his own) emotions. Red = anger and negative emotions, Blue = Sadness or serenity, White = innocence, Yellow = curiosity or happiness.
- The Empath: Taken to the extreme- in fact, he can only reflect others' emotions.
- Fragile Speedster: Very fast and agile, but his body poses the resistance of something like a pillow and will fly very far if a good hit is scored on him.
- Many Spirits Inside of One: A variation: it is made of the fragments of many spirits.
- Mirror Boss: His main fighting schtick- as Ragdoll feels the same emotions as its opponent, fighting more fiercely only makes Ragdoll fight even fiercer.
- No-Sell: Can only be harmed by those with the intention to harm him. If the opponent attacks him but doesn't want to harm him, he is unaffected.
- Off with His Head!: His fate by Huitzi's spear.
- Sai Guy: His weapon of choice.
- Scarf Of Asskicking
- Wall Jump
- Badass Cape
- Cool Helmet
- Impaled with Extreme Prejudice: Gets killed by a huge falling clock hand.
- Let's Fight Like Gentlemen: Refuses to fight Melody when she's falling-down drunk, preferring a fair fight.
- Lightning Bruiser: Fast, durable, and strong.
- Meteor Move
- The Quiet One: Talks the least of all the competitors.
- The Stoic
- Together in Death: The woman he got attached to died and her soul went to the underworld. And then Semblance gets impaled by a giant clock hand.
- Wouldn't Hit a Girl: Unless he has a good reason... like Soul Coins.
- Animalistic Abomination
- Curious as a Monkey: Always wandering around investigating random things trying to figure out if it should eat them.
- Dark Is Evil
- Death Is Cheap: If killed, it will revive shortly with no memories before its death.
- Eaten Alive: Does this to its victims.
- The Empath: Can sense others experiencing anxiety, fear, stress, etc.
- Involuntary Shapeshifting: Anxiety will shapeshift into Illas (a little girl with a wolf skull on her head) if the "right buttons" are pressed. She'll shapeshift back if someone around her starts feeling tense.
- Jekyll & Hyde: Illas and Anxiety, respectively. Either the innocent little girl or the soul-eating monster will be around at a time.
- Little Girls Kick Shins: "Illas is not terribly violent outside of mild shin kicking when displeased."
- Powered by a Forsaken Child: It was made from the soul of a little girl.
- Skull for a Head
- Snake People: Well, more like Worm Person... with a wolf's skull for a head!
- Terrible Trio: Part of a trio of soul-eating abominations based on Anxiety, Sorrow and Fear. The Porter just decided to send Anxiety to do the job here. After Anxiety is killed, he sends the other two in.
- Your Soul Is Mine: It devours the souls of people after eating them.
Lil' Jack and Jack
- Bratty Half-Pint: Lil' Jack
- Came Back Wrong: Lil' Jack tried to revive his bro Jack... it didn't turn out very well, and now Jack's soul is trapped in Limbo.
- Lil' Jack then tries using seven of the Soul Coins to resurrect Jack. This makes him get possessed by The Ninth Symphony.
- Child Mage: Lil' Jack.
- Empty Shell: Jack, whose soul is in limbo.
- Kids Are Cruel: Lil' Jack isn't an innocent little kid once he shows his true colours.
- Knife Nut: Lil' Jack carries a knife as a last resort weapon.
- My Greatest Failure: Lil' Jack accidentally summoning the demons that killed his brother. As a result, Lil' Jack will go through great lengths to get his brother revived.
- Name's the Same/One Steve Limit: Averted. Lil' Jack's and Jack's real names are Jonathan Paul Hayes and Jacob Arthur Hayes respectively.
- Sibling Team
- Spell Book: Lil' Jack carries one.
- Spoiled Brat: Lil' Jack is very selfish and only cares about bringing his brother back. Everyone else is nothing to him.
- Sword and Sorcerer
- The Voiceless: Jack can't even talk because his soul is in limbo.
- Wise Beyond Their Years: Even though Lil' Jack is ten, he knows a fair bit about sorcery, bionics and even the underworld."My education's a little bit advanced if that's what you're trying to say."
Huitzi and Akeyra
- Back from the Dead: Huitzi was an Aztec warrior killed by the Spanish... 500 years ago. Akeyra gets killed and eaten by Anxiety but Huitzi saves her soul. Technically both are still dead, though.
- Badass Normal: Among all the petitioners, Huitzi's one of two people without powers. Unlike Leona, he doesn't hesitate to kick ass.
- Berserk Button: Don't remove Huitzi's helmet or else he won't be happy.
- Blade on a Stick: Huitzi's Weapon of Choice.
- Deadpan Snarker: Akeyra.
- Declaration of Protection: Huitzi to Akeyra.
- Emotionless Girl: Akeyra
- Mayincatec: Huitzi's a resurrected Aztec warrior.
- Ms. Fanservice: Akeyra really doesn't wear much.
- Rock Beats Laser: Huitzi beats the cybernetic gunman Clay in his first fight. He also manages to beat the cyborg Melody in their first encounter.
- Shown Their Work: Huitzi's racism towards Spaniards and Whites is justified because the Spaniards did conquer and kill the Aztecs.
- Unknown-Person and Tickity-Tock did a good amount of research on Aztec language, culture and legends, and incorporated them into their story.
- Sideboob: Akeyra shows this very often.
- Stripperiffic: Akeyra.
- Sword and Sorcerer: Huitzi uses his spear to protect Akeyra from threats. Akeyra's there to heal him up after the battle.
- Symbol Swearing: Huitzi swears in Aztec Symbols.
- Walking Shirtless Scene: Huitzi, like most Aztec warriors.
- Witch Doctor: Akeyra.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Akeyra has green hair.
- Action Girl: The only female character that does a lot of fighting.
- Artificial Limbs: In her backstory, she lost her left arm after getting abducted by a Mad Scientist from space.
- Badass Spaniard: Half-Spanish. To Huitzi's chagrin, no less.
- Cyborg: Her spine and leg bones are augmented. One of her arms is also artificial.
- Hard-Drinking Party Girl
- Improbable Weapon User: Her guitar.
- In a Single Bound: Can use sonic waves from her Amp Arms to propel herself.
- The Magic Versus Technology War: Fights against a man with Satan's power in Round 1 and a Child Mage in Round 3.
- Make Me Wanna Shout: Her sonic attacks from her Amp Arms.
- Miss Swears-a-lot
- Muggle Born of Mages: The only one born without powers in the Fasola mage family. Subverts the trope when she goes with technology to get her powers instead.
- Multi-Armed and Dangerous: Her backpack has four speakers attached to robotic limbs which she uses to attack with sound waves.
- Musical Assassin
- The Power of Rock: Justified as her Amp Arms fire sonic waves when she rocks out.
- Punny Name: Do Re Mi Fa So La Ti Do...
- Reincarnation: She is the reincarnation of Harmony Fasola, the person who fought and sealed the Ninth Symphony
- Unskilled, but Strong: Packs a punch in combat, but relies too much on raw force and lacks finesse.
- Love Interest: To Semblance. Both Semblance and her were badly injured by an attacker, and later on, it's revealed that she also died from her wounds.
- Floating Mask: Takes the form of green energy between four huge floating masks.
- Manipulative Bastard: Manipulates Akeyra into reviving Huitzi for the tournament so that he can steal the souls from the Soul Coins.
- Villain Team-Up: Teams up with The Porter to get Sorrow and Anger into the underworld.
The Porter of Lies
- Manipulative Bastard
- Nice Job Fixing It, Villain!: Gets both Sorrow and Anger into the underworld to have them feed on souls. This ends up helping Huitzi and Melody instead.
- Skull for a Head
- Villain Team-Up: Teams up with Loas to get Sorrow and Anger into the underworld.
- Your Soul Is Mine: Created Anxiety, Sorrow and Anger so that they could bring souls to him. He believes that with enough souls, more souls would congregate with them on their own accord, and hence he can form his own afterlife.
Sorrow and Anger
- Animalistic Abominations
- Death Is Cheap: Like Anxiety, they can revive after death.
- Family-Unfriendly Death: Anger gets eviscerated by Huitzi.
- Nice Job Fixing It, Villain!: Attacks a disgruntled army of souls that were holding Melody and Huitzi captive. The ensuing chaos allowed Melody to get her Soul Coins back, and allow both Mel and Huitzi to crush the army.
- Off with His Head!: Huitzi cuts off Sorrow's head.
- Terrible Trio: With Anxiety.
- Your Soul Is Mine: Like Anxiety, they eat souls too.
The Ninth Symphony
- Big Bad: Of Melody's storyline (and later, the whole thing).
- Black Eyes of Crazy: Gives Jack a dark purple variant of these when possessing him.
- Cessation of Existence: Seeks to bring this to everything. It can even destroy souls!
- Dark Is Evil
- Demonic Possession: Possesses Jack after Lil' Jack tries to use the Soul Coins to bring Jack back.
- The Dreaded: Even the rulers and souls of the underworld fear his presence. Heck, even Satan himself says that the terrors of hell are a salvation compared to it!
- Eldritch Abomination
- Enemy to All Living Things: And all dead things too, for that matter!
- Exotic Eye Designs: When possessing Jack, his eyes become white "9"s within purple sclerae.
- Having a Blast: Can make cities explode into flames just after it enters them.
- I Have Your Parents: Melody's parents had to bind themselves to him in order to keep him bound. Thus, Melody enters the tournament to find a way to resurrect Harmony, the one who defeated Nine in the past.
- Made of Evil
- The Minion Master: Can summon notelings, small abominations that attack in numbers and make clicking noises.
- Obviously Evil: Dark-coloured, Skull for a Head, White Hair, stated to be a being of chaos and destruction... Yup, a bad guy.
- Omnicidal Maniac
- Person of Mass Destruction: When possessing Jack's body.
- Purple Eyes: Jack gets purple sclerae when the Nine possesses him. And yes, the character is very special indeed.
- Sealed Evil in a Can: Until it broke loose. And then the spirit coins of all the 16 contestants seal him again.
- Sigil Spam: Places the number 9 everywhere it goes.
- Skull for a Head
- Supernatural Is Purple
- Walking Wasteland: Every populated area he visits explodes into fire. Not surprising for a being of chaos and destruction.
- White Hair, Black Heart