Various NPC's the party meet on their travels.
Beleen SpiderwingRace: Pixie
A naive little pixie the party encountered. She tried to scare them as a prank in order to fit in with her friends, but it went a little too far. She led them through the forest as an apology and was attacked by a Will-O-Wisp at Ivan's urging for her to help. Seems to be very fond of Jeminya. Wanted to stay with the team, but they convinced her to leave for her own safety.
- Because You Were Nice to Me: She states this as her reason for wanting to travel with the group despite the dangers.
- Children Are Innocent: Quite so.
- Combat and Support: Shes far too small and young to engage in melee, so she supports from the back with her spells.
- Cowardly Lion: Beleen is an examplar of the phrase Courage is not the absence of fear, it is choosing to act in spite of it.
- Fairy Companion: Though an actual character, instead of a flying pager.
- The Fair Folk: Of the Naughty prankster variety.
- Kid Hero: At ten years of age, shes easily the youngest character in the series.
- Naughty Is Good: Her introductory scene is her playing a prank on the team.
- Refusal of the Call: When first asked to guide the team through Salania by her caretaker as a way to apologise for her prank, she is terrified and adamantly refuses. By the time they reach Lefythr however, the attitude has reversed and the team now has to convince her to go home where its safe.
- Skilled, but Naïve:For a ten year old, she holds her own shockingly well against the Will-O-Wisp. Of course the fact that she IS only ten years old means she is incredibly inexperienced.
- Tagalong Kid: Deconstructed, as the party ultimately decide that their quest is too dangerous and urge her to return to the safety of her home.
The Cheshire CatRace: Cheshire Cat
Hair: Purple and Grey
Eyes: SOUL PIERCING YELLOW
Home: Directian and Sabaton
The Cheshire Cat that was manipulating the King of Sabaton. He's (irritatingly) cryptic about what he plans to do. Likely, he just acts on any insane whim that enters his head. Is he working for Simula? The Warden? A third party? Or is he a lone agent? He never really gave a clear answer.
- Cheshire Cat Grin: He IS the Trope Namer, after all.
- Driven to Suicide: Played for Laughs. Naturally it lasts about three seconds.You cant kill me if I kill myself!
- Expy: You may have three guesses as to who.
- Foreshadowing: His words are the first hint that. Jeminya is not all that she appears.
- Flunky Boss: Summons minions to fight for him while he teleports around the battlefield instead of fighting himself.
- Hammerspace: Can apparently summon swords from the ether.
- The Hypnotoad: Was mind controlling the king of Sabaton when they first met.
- Insane Troll Logic: Pretty much any word that comes out of his mouth.
- Mad Hatter: Gleefully insane and proud of it.
- Teleport Spam: Hes constantly teleporting all over the damn place.
- The Trickster: His intentions are not known. All we can tell is he is... odd.
- The Unfought: The party fights his summoned minions, but they never actually fight him. Considering he seems impervious to physical damage, this is probably a good thing.
- Wild Card: Hes an enemy when the party first meets him, mind controlling the king of Sabaton and summoning monsters to try and kill them. But later, he gives them all advice that actually helps them pass the fire elves trials.
GlasyaHome: Malbolge, the 6th Layer of Baator//
Archdevil of lust, ruler of Malbolge, daughter of Asmodeus and mother to Jeminya and Simula.
- The Baroness: Of the Sexpot variety.
- Never Mess with Granny: Shes one of the twelve most powerful beings in the Nine Hells and is grandmother to Hana.
- Silk Hiding Steel: A villainous variety. While she prefers to flirt with and seduce others into doing her bidding, when she drops the charm, she quickly reminds others WHY she is the ruler of an entire layer in Hell.
The Gods.Deities of the multiverse who have all taken an interest in the party's quest and appear in various disguises to aid them from time to time.
Tropes for the Gods as a whole.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: Of various concepts.
- God Was My Copilot: Often appear disguised as various humanoids.
- God's Hands Are Tied: While they help as much as they can, they are forbidden from directly interfering.
- Hot God: Many of them are rather attractive, in fact the elf that Jeminya found hot was actually a god himself, to her blushing embarrassment.
- Physical God: The Gods have physical bodies, and CAN be killed. However, the only thing powerful enough to do so is another God.
Goddess of Forests, Woodlands, Flora, Fauna, and Fertility. Came to the party as a druid named Lana Eldarin who was meditating outside Lefethyr. She assisted in the destruction of the Will-O-Wisp and healed Lucid and Beleen's wounds. She also delivered a very stern lecture to Rose and gave Shiloh a strange enchanted wooden armor.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: Of Forests, Woodlands, Flora, Fauna, and Fertility
- Forced Sleep: Seems to be under one when they first meet her, though given her true nature, this may have been a ruse.
- Good Is Not Soft: The crux of her lecture to Rose."Sister, I see that you have finally untucked your tail from between your legs."(...)"It is good that you love your companion sister, but keep in mind: Not many care about that. Protect each other by fighting with each other, and don't let your love, and your fear, for him, deny him his true nature."
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: Kind and patient, with shining blonde hair.
- Secret Test of Character: A possible explanation for why she was sleeping through their fight with the Will-O-Wisp
- Super Empowering: Gifts Shiloh his enchanted armour.
The elven god of trickery and rogues. His cover story was being Vaneer Kamelon, a hobbyist trickster and hunter.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: Of trickery and rogues
- Dark Is Not Evil: Takes the form of a dark elf, but is actually quite helpful.
- Deadpan Snarker: Quite mocking towards the team when theyre in the Galgari temple.
- Mistaken Identity
- Pointy Ears: An elven god.
- The Sneaky Guy: God of rogues
- Trickster God: And trickery.
Jeminya's Deity. Came to the party under the guise of a paladin named Herod. He revealed to them the nature of the deities, and gave Faerthurin a strange book of spells.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: Of Chivalry, Justice, Honor, War, Daring, and Valor
- Authority Equals Ass Kicking: Demonstrates the power of a God by paralysing half the team with a single spell.
- Awesome Aussie: Speaks with an Australian accent in his Herod disguise.
- Bounty Hunter: As Herod.
- Good Is Not Nice: Bit of a self righteous prick
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: But that doesnt stop him from embracing Jeminya in pride when she declares her willingness to keep fighting for good, even knowing what will happen to her after death.
- Light Is Good: One of the most classically heroic deities.
- The Paladin: Basically the God of everything paladins stand for.
- Poor Communication Kills: Things would probably have gone a lot smoother if he had just told the party that he wasnt going to harm Jeminya.
- So Proud of You: Expresses this sentiment towards Jeminya.
God of the Sun, Light, Strength, and Healing. His cover story is a traveling bard named Peter Aurifar inspiring hope.He gifted Ivan with lute strings to replace his broken ones and a strange melody called "Song of the Sun." He vanished shortly after and reappeared in Sabaton with his friend Imontilo where they played a catchy tune.
- 100% Adoration Rating: everybody loves Pelor.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: Of the Sun, Light, Strength, and Healing
- A Round of Drinks for the House: Buys everyone in the bar a drink after his duet with Ivan.
- Cool Old Guy: Hes basically that kindly and fun uncle that you always look forward to seeing.
- Crowd Pleaser: Loves to entertain a crowd.
- Hope Bringer: Gifts Ivan a spell that lets him do exactly this.
- Light Is Good: God of the Sun and probably the friendliest of them all.
- Nice Guy: Hes basically the Gods version of Ivan
- The Rival: A friendly one to Imontillo
Solonor ThelandiraRace: God
Elven god of hunting, archery, and survival. Kross's deity. Cover story is a ranger named Olover Eldarin, looking to "collect 'em all." Said something about a "rare, elusive creature." He gave Kross the enchanted black arrow.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: Of hunting, archery, and survival
- Archer Archetype: A solitary hunter and bowman.
- Gotta Kill Em All: Hunts rare and exotic creatures
- Great White Hunter: How he presents himself
- I Call It "Vera": he likes to give his arrows names.
Dragon Deity of Life, Light, and Mercy.. Her diguise is called Amarta DeLendys. She's very cheery, touchy-feely, and friendly, yet she's also kinda bossy and overprotective of Seolic. She apparently took care of him for a long time. That said, she's still slightly socially awkward as shown when Kross and Rin were bickering, she mistook them for being married. While en route to the labyrinth, she tried to fight the Balor but was apparently defeated by it.
- Adorkable: Her social awkwardness is quite adorable.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: Of Life, Light, and Mercy
- Cool Big Sis: Acts like one to Amber.
- Dragons Are Divine: Literally a divine dragon.
- Fiery Redhead: Energetic and a bit bossy.
- Good Is Not Dumb: Can be rather crafty at times.
- I Let You Win: She could have easily defeated the Balor, but had to let it win due to God's Hands Are Tied
- Nice Girl: Cheerful and friendly
- Oh, Crap!: Her reaction when she realises her cover is blown.
- One-Winged Angel: Her dragon form is a heroic version.
- Pirate Girl: Appears as one in her human form. Minus the actual pirating part, of course.
- Significant Green-Eyed Redhead: Has probably the most active role of any God.
- Weredragon: Much like Amber.
- You Shall Not Pass!: Does this against the Balor to by the team some time. Though she has to let it win.
Imontillo KanteleRace: Human
Quirky bard. Apparently a playwright. Friends with Peter.
- Everyone Chasing You: Finds himself chased by the entire party (complete with Yakkety Sax) after letting one too many things slip.
- Excuse Me, Coming Through!: How he greets Jalerom and Faerthurin in episode 64
- The Gadfly: Loves to screw with people
- God Was My Copilot: Possibly, its been suspected but never confirmed.
- confirmed as of episode 65. He's also the Cheshire cat
- Guile Hero / Manipulative Bastard: Which one he is depends on if you see him as hero or villain.
- It Amused Me: Why he doesnt blow the partys cover in Optimar. He wants to sit back and watch the fun.
- Oh, Crap!: His reaction to a rather ticked off Herod.
- Recurring Traveller: Seems to show up in every town they visit.
- The Rival: A friendly one to Peter.
- Sitcom Archnemesis: To Herod the bounty hunter, apparently.
- Tagalong Chronicler: Loves to travel the world looking for a good story (Or occasionaly creating one himself)
- The Trickster: Just see the other tropes in this folder.
- Worthy Opponent: To Ivan and Peter.
King OrkrimmRace: Dwarf
Hair: Dark Brown
The king of Optimarr. He's incredibly xenophobic, and thinks he's strong enough to take on an army of abyssal demons.
Saint SuvielRace: Human
Class: Fighter (maybe)
Home: Unknown, though he's met in Stygia, the fifth layer of Hell
A man that the party meets shortly after arriving at Stygia. They...really don't know what to make of this guy.
- Amnesiac Hero: Well, maybe not "hero", per se, but he has no memory of his past life.]]
- Blood Knight: This guy loves a good fight. In fact, the first time we meet him, he's taking on four Erinyes at once and easily dispatches them all.
- Boisterous Bruiser: Loves talking about himself and can easily handle himself in a fight, quite literally throwing his foes around like rag dolls
- The Collector: He used to have this as a hobby. Turning people into statues in his palace. According to Glasya, this ends up being HIS fate upon his rebirth.
- Incoming Ham: The party hear him before they see him.
- Large Ham: You have no idea.
- No Indoor Voice: The guy literally has no idea what the phrase "be quiet" means.
- The Reveal: Much like with Oin, his name is an anagram,this time of Levistus.
Seolic FairwayRace: Human
Home: Mirid Port
Seòlic is the bartender at Mirid Port. He is missing an arm and a leg. His father used to be the town hero, but after his father found the Labyrinth of Hieroneous and no one believed him, Mirid Port began to decline in prosperity. Kross was able to bestow proof to vindicate his father in the form of a demonic sword coated with the blood of the Balor chasing them..
- An Arm and a Leg: Is missing both.
- The Bartender: Of Mirid Port.
- Cassandra Truth: No-one believed him or his father about the Labyrinth.
- Fake Ultimate Hero: The town accused his father of being one. Subverted though, as his father truly was a hero.
- Loser Son of Loser Dad: How much of the town view him.
- Pals with Jesus: Is close friends with Amarta, AKA Tamara.
- Platonic Life-Partners With Amarta.
- Retired Badass: One suspects that he didnt lose his limbs while bartending.
Speculo MalumRace: Human
The father of Jeminya and Simula and former king of Directian.
Thedan TanlaialRace: Jungle Elf
Hair: Light Brown
Home: The Galgari Jungle
Jaleroms father, Thedan chose Ellinor to gain human attributes to pass on for an offspring because he wanted to strengthen the family line.He told the party that he was duped into helping Simula prepare to break into the Abyssal Plane. He left after learning this.
- Abusive Parents: Of the emotionally distant variety.
- Be All My Sins Remembered: Does nothing to sugarcoat his past crimes. Nor his lack of remorse for them. He seems to want to die an honest elf, if not a good one.
- Brutal Honesty: Bluntly tells Jalerom that he never loved him, and that he only ever saw him as a tool. This was actually Thedans attempt to be nice.
- Dead Man Writing: The party finds his journal.
- Disappeared Dad: Abandoned Jalerom and his mother when they stopped being useful to him.
- Even Evil Has Standards: Even an asshole like him cannot abide what Simula is planning.
- Hazy Feel Turn: Never really becomes a good guy. Just decides that some evils go too far even for him.
- Humans Are Special: Beleived they would carry genes worthy for an heir.
- Lack of Empathy: Shows no remorse for the people hes hurt.
- LEGO Genetics: Thought that simply mating with a woman of the desired qualities would produce a perfect heir.
- Moral Sociopathy: He seems to understand that he should feel remorse for his actions and tries to be honest. But in the end, he just cant bring himself to really care about other people.
- Redemption Equals Death What trying to betray Simula leads too.