This is the character sheet for Britsune Garden (Not just the pilot novel, but the series as a whole). Keep in mind this page is currently under construction.
- Whale Egg: The Hatchlings look very mammal of course, but they hatch from eggs, hence the guild name. Each Igiriko's egg looks different, with Floralies' looking like giant seeds whilst Britsunes just have pale eggs with differently-coloured speckles.
- Badass Normal: Some of the Murako do not have specific special powers, but are nonetheless very clever.
All SenshiThese Igiriko patrol and protect the outer reaches of their respective realms and fight off devious creatures such as Shadonis or the evil kind of yokai.
- Meaningful Name: Means "oracle" in Japanese.
- Meaningful Name: Roughly means "priest" in Japanese.
All HoshidoThey are Igiriko whose job is to receive and collect prophecies sent by the Kamitsu, or perhaps the Kami themselves. Because of this, they are well-respected by the other Igiriko and are treated like leaders. There are generally a group of three Hoshido. They are mentors of the Hoshi-shika.
All KoukeiThey are Igiriko who are assistants of the Meishu. Just as each Igiriko species has their own Meishu, each also has their own Koukei. They take charge of leadership when the Meishu is away. However, when the preceding Meishu steps down or passes, the Koukei becomes the new Meishu.
- Number Two: All Koukei assist their respective Meishu.
All MeishuThey are Igiriko who are the highest in the hierarchy, next to the immortal Kamitsu. Their job is to watch, lead, and protect their fellow Igiriko, as well as appointing specific Igiriko to higher positions on the hierarchy.
All KamitsuKamitsu are at the very top of the hierarchy for many reasons. They are immortal Igiriko spirits whose job is to watch over all Igiriko, similar to the Meishu, but for longer periods of time without exhaustion. Many have considered them the true leaders of the Igiriko. They are hidden during the day (also known as being dormant), and tend to go wandering around at night. However, when summoned by other Igiriko, they can and will appear before them regardless of the time of day. They have the ability to perform the most powerful magic spells without losing mana. Unlike other Igiriko, all Kamitsu are materialized from designated statues sculpted by gijinka. Kamitsu can have more than one statue, but they can only have one in each realm (ex. one statue is at Flowerfall Hollow, the other one at the Plaidteaus). This means that the Kamitsu can be summoned in more than one realm.
- Antiquated Linguistics: All Kamitsu speak in a somewhat archaic and old-fashioned way, though it varies from character to character. One may speak using Shakespearean words (ex. Thou, thy, thee, hath, etc), whilst another character would speak in a more modern, but formal way.
- Large and in Charge: The Kamitsu are all said to be a bit larger than the mortal Igiriko.
- Meaningful Name: Kamitsu is a portmanteau of two Japanese words: kami, meaning god or spirit, and dōbutsu, which means animal.
- Physical Goddess
- Really 700 Years Old: All Kamitsu are said to be centuries old. Theyre practically immortal note .
- Reasonable Authority Figure:
Malorie is a teenage corgi gijinka with sleek ginger-and-white fur, long, dark brown hair, and dark blue eyes. She is second in line to the British throne. She loves anything related to Japanese culture and art, and is considered the "unique" one out of all the royal children. She is also confirmed to be a neurodivergent character by Word of God.
- Affectionate Nickname: She is sometimes referred to as "Mal".
- Be Yourself: Malorie loves showing her true colors as a modern, quirky royal girl with unique interests. However, many would expect her to be just like the other members of the royal family.
- Berserk Button:
- She gets miffed when she is constantly referred to as "princess", thinking that everyone wants her to be a stereotypical Princess Classic, which she really dislikes. However, her grandmother always reassures her that she is a modern princess.
- Dont even try to persuade her to go horseback riding with family members, because she wont. Shes that stubborn.
- Dont make fun of her grandmother. Shes the Queen, and you gotta respect her just like Malorie does!
- Beware the Nice Ones: Malorie may be a nice gal, but dont push her buttons. She can get pretty furious if that Berserk Button of hers goes off.
- Big Sister Instinct: She is this to Hana and some of the Igiriko.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Malorie has moments of this, sometimes daydreaming away or just being a free spirit.
- Cool Big Sis: Since she is used to modern culture and has a huge fascination with anime and manga, Malorie seems like the ideal big sister for anyone, not just people who are weebs.
- She is this to Hana.
- Cute Clumsy Girl: Malorie tends to be a bit clumsy at times, such as stumbling while performing a curtsey or almost dropping something.
- Everything's Louder with Bagpipes: Unlike the rest of her family (excluding some of her cousins), Malorie absolutely loathes the sound of bagpipes. This isn't too surprising, since a lot of people on the spectrum like her hate loud noises.note
- Genki Girl:
- Iconic Outfit: Malorie has a signature outfit, though it may vary at times. It consists of a long-sleeved turtleneck top, a mini-skirt, dark-colored leggings, and low-heeled shoes (or boots if there is cold weather). Accessories tend to differ, but they are usually a hair clip or headband, a scarf, and the Nijinite pendant.
- Innocent Blue Eyes
- Kawaiiko: Despite being an adolescent, Malorie exhibits traits of this, both in appearance and in personality.
- Long Hair Is Feminine: She's very feminine, and she loves her long locks.
- Modest Royalty: Malorie almost never wears a Pimped-Out Dress, preferring to wear more comfortable outfits like her very own Iconic Outfit.
- Nervous Wreck:
- Only Sane Woman
- Princesses Prefer Pink: Downplayed as she only sometimes wear pink.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Zigzagged. Malorie is usually a Red Oni to much of her family and adult Igiriko, but she is the Blue Oni to her siblings and some of her cousins.
- Royals Who Actually Do Something
- Stiff Upper Lip: Due to her autistic characteristics, Malorie sometimes has a hard time masking as this in public.
- Strong Family Resemblance: She is said to look a lot like her grandmother when she was her age, albeit the differing hairstyles.note
- Youthful Freckles: Part of her latest look in her most recent artwork. She originally lacked them in her debut appearance.
Lilie is an elderly corgi gijinka with fluffy ginger-and-white fur, shoulder-length coiffed silver hair, and sparkly, dark blue eyes. She is the current monarch of the United Kingdom (In the story's universe, that is. Try not to confuse her with the...other Queen). She is the caring and affectionate maternal grandmother of Malorie.
- Affectionate Nickname: Her family members, Igiriko, and some of the staff call her Lilie, which is short for Liliana. Even the narrator calls her Lilie.
- Animal Lover: Of course, being both a lover of nature and an avid practitioner of Kami-Shinjin (which revolves around venerating nature spirits).
- Beauty Mark: Near her upper lip.
- Berserk Button: Don't let her calm demeanour fool you too much. Whenever she catches someone being mean to Malorie, Hana, or any of her other grandkids in general, she tears them to shreds. Okay, not literally.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Lilie is very nice and all, but press her Berserk Button and shell rip you to shreds.
- Big Beautiful Woman: She is pretty tall for someone her age, and she has bit of a chubby physique and cuddly appearance.
- Big Fun: She's a chubby anthropomorphic corgi who's cheerful and friendly when she's at her best.
- Buxom Is Better: It's pretty obvious, and the other characters keep making jokes about those big knockers of hers. Lilie, however, doesn't mind it because she's used to all those jokes.
- Cool Old Lady: She may be old but she sure loves to have fun!
- The Cutie: She is indeed a cutie, despite being an old lady. She's a good-natured, chubby gijinka corgi with endearing blue eyes and a soft voice.
- Dirty Old Woman: She can be very flirty sometimes.
- Doting Grandparent: She is this to Malorie, of course, as Malorie lives with her.
- Feeling Their Age: Although Lilie is pretty agile for her age, on occasion she feels pain in her back. And we all know why.
- Friendly Address Privileges: She tells Malorie in chapter three of the pilot novel that she doesn't need to call her "my queen".
- Gag Boobs: On occasion some comedic scenes have Lilie's big...tracts of land involved. Such as one of the staff members ending up in a Marshmallow Hell.
- Happily Married: To Prince Oliver.
- The High Queen: Towards all of the United Kingdom.
- Mama Bear: Lilie is very protective of Malorie and Hana, and any child in general.
- Massive Numbered Siblings: She and her husband has six children Click to expand .
- Meaningful Name: Though her actual name is Liliana, her nickname could be referring to the lily, which happens to be her favorite flower.
- Meganekko: Although she doesn't wear her reading glasses all the time, it comes to show that she looks pretty adorable whenever she's wearing them.
- The Mentor
- Modest Royalty: Lilie loves wearing more modern outfits and may even wear trousers on occasion.
- Nice Girl: When someone is invited to a private audience with her, they'll get to know that she is actually very sweet on the inside.
- Nice Hat: Occasionally wears a hat with bows or flowers.
- No Celebrities Were Harmed: Bears a striking resemblance to Queen Elizabeth II. Many people often confuse her with the real-life monarch because of this (and because the Queen is often a stock character in certain media).
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Her full name is Queen Liliana, but much of the Igiriko aside from the Kamitsu know her as Lilie.
- Proper Lady: Although she can also be very casual (she only shows this towards family members), Lilie is mostly proper and graceful towards the staff members.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Zigzagged. Is a Red Oni if compared with Hinata but is a Blue Oni to much of her family.
- Regal Ringlets: She has silver curls that are close to touching her shoulders.
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: This is a trend in not only Britsune Garden, but basically the rest of Corgipons works.
- Silver Vixen: Despite her old age, Lilie also looks rather curvy and attractive, with some staff members flirting with her. She's quite the looker.
- The Stoic: Lilie is said to only be like this in public, almost making her a Kuudere.
- Supreme Chef: Lilie is shown to put her culinary skills into action whenever she's at her more informal estates such as Balmoral Castle. Turns out that everyone loves her cooking. Especially the cookies (a certified grandma classic!).
Hana is a shy, orphaned young fox gijinka with fluffy amber, white, and grey fur, dark brown hair usually put in a braid, and deep brown eyes. Although technically an adoptive aunt of Malorie, she is treated as more of a younger sister.
- Adopted into Royalty: Prior to the events of the first novel, Hana used to be a homeless orphan who made friends with animals such as birds and squirrels, until she was found out cold in the gardens of Buckingham Palace and taken in.
- Curtains Match the Window: Brown hair, brown eyes.
- Expy: Of Sophie from The BFG.
- Heartwarming Orphan:
- Meaningful Name: Means "flower" in Japanese, as it refers to how Lilie raises her well, metaphorically "blooming".
- Rags to Riches: Hana was homeless until she was taken in by the palace staff.
- Token Mini-Moe: She's the youngest of the protagonists.
Kasumi is a calico gijinka who is one of Queen Lilies close confidantes.
- British Accents: Although Britsune Garden is only a web literature series for now (as there probably wont be any animations of the series yet), the author has stated that she imagines most of the Igiriko to have varying accents from the British Isles because of the setting. However, she also mentioned that she may give a handful of Igiriko American accents.
- Civilized Animal: Although they seem quite feral on the surface, Igiriko have been revealed to actually come from a Hidden Elf Village on an island off the southwestern coast of England known as Kitsuneshima (or Foxes' Island).
- Undying Loyalty: To Hinata and the other Kamitsu.
- Whale Egg: Although Igiriko resemble mammalian creatures such as foxes, dogs, and cats, they are known to lay eggs rather than give live birth. Hence why the lowest guild in the hierarchy is called the Hatchlings.
Fluffy shapeshifting vulpine Youkai who take care of Buckingham Palace Gardens.
Chie is a yellow Britsune who is one of the first of her species to be introduced.
- Curtains Match the Window: Her orange mane matches the color of her eyes.
Glaze is a pink Britsune kit who is one of the first of her species to be introduced. She is also the first baby Igiriko character of the series.
Hasu is a mint green Britsune with a missing left eye.
- British Accents: Hasu possibly has a Cockney accent.
- Catchphrase: Quite a classic one: "Blimey!"
- Eyepatch of Power: She wears an eyepatch over her left empty eye socket and she also happens to be a courageous character.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Hasu may come across as egotistical and brash at first, but when one gets to know her, they find out that she is actually quite caring and loyal.
- Meaningful Name: Means lotus in Japanese.
Bliss is a lavender Britsune with a Sweet Tooth.
Maneko is a curious tricolour Britsune, resembling a calico cat.
- Glowing Eyes of Doom: She shows this in Chapter 5 of the original Britsune Garden novel.
- The Heart: Maneko is perhaps one of the most compassionate of Britsunes.
- Meaningful Name: Is a portmanteau of not two, but three Japanese words. Maneki-neko (means beckoning cat, is a lucky artifact), Neko (means cat), and the Japanese given name Minako.
- Multicoloured Hair: Gradient from dark brown to brunette.
Aiko is a flirty pink and red Britsune with two tails. She often carries a set of a bow and arrows around, which she would use to turn unsuspecting people lovestruck.
- Curtains Match the Window: Her eyes match her mane.
- Inter Species Romance: She sometimes flirts with gijinka when shes in her anthropomorphic form.
- Meaningful Name: Has a female Japanese given name, which means "child of love". Is also said to be named after the Kami-Shinjin goddess of love In-Universe.
- Thinks Like a Romance Novel: Of course, as shes the flirtiest of all Britsunes, she has shades of romantic in her.
Akane (pronounced a-KAH-neh) is a dark grey Floralie themed after the red corn poppy.
- Aloof Ally: She isn't as warm as the other Igiriko but she's eager to be a friend.
- Dark Is Not Evil: Akane has a dark color scheme, yet she is not devious in any way.
- Deadpan Snarker: Akane has a sense of humour, sure, but she often uses that either to be snarky at others or joke about herself.
- Grumpy Bear
- The Lancer
- Meaningful Name: Means "deep red" in Japanese. Refers to the color of the corn poppy she's inspired by.
- Multicoloured Hair: Originally gradient from black to red in her debut design. Was eventually dropped.
- Only Sane Woman: Due to her calmness, she tends to be this whilst the other Igiriko are freaking out about who knows what.
- Perky Goth: She has her moments.
- The Stoic: No matter the situation, Akane always seems to remain calm and collected, maybe even nonchalant.
Natsuko is a salmon pink Floralie themed after the rose.
- Meaningful Name: Means "child of summer" in Japanese.
Chrys is a yellow Floralie themed after the yellow chrysanthemum.
- Horse of a Different Color: All Sylvaninus can be rode by gijinka whenever they use their shapeshifting abilities to make themselves as large as a regular horse. They also have some instincts akin to a horse as well.
- Meaningful Name: Portmanteau of "sylvan" and "inu", the Japanese word for dog.
- Mix-and-Match Critters: Sylvaninus resemble a mix between a dog (usually looking like a corgi), a horse (or Unicorn if they have a singular horn), a deer (if they have two horns/antlers), and a Pegasus or Dragon (if they have wings).
- Shapeshifting: Like all Igiriko, Sylvaninus are able to shapeshift.
- Winged Unicorn: If the Sylvaninu has a singular horn and if it has wings.
Honoka is a ginger and white Sylvaninu with a dark brown mane and tail and a pair of two yellow antlers.
Hinata is a wise white and red Britsune Kamitsu who is the ruler of all the Igiriko realms. Just like the other Kamitsu, she wears a set of royal regalia.
- Big Good
- Kitsune: She resembles a traditional white-and-red, nine-tailed kitsune from folklore.
- The Leader: Hinata is considered the leader of the Kamitsu.
- Royal "We": Despite being a Kamitsu and not a monarch, Hinata uses those pronouns to refer to herself.
- Proverbial Wisdom: This is something one would expect from a wise character such as Hinata.
Bara is a red and white Floralie Kamitsu themed after the Tudor rose. She wears a set of royal regalia.