open/close all folders
Queen Madeline's Court
- Back from the Dead: She manifested her powers after she died.
- Land Down Under: She conquered the entire continent in two months.
- Monstrous Humanoid: She has a Chimaera physique.
- Ominous Floating Castle: Her palace hovers above Ayer's Rock.
- Person of Mass Destruction: She possesses seven God-tier powers.
The first child of Lady Light and the Dark.
- Adaptive Ability: In addition to several permanent abilities, she's able to change powersets at will, generally manifesting an offensive ability, a defensive ability and one for utility.
- The Aloner: When Ember looks at her "world" he sees that she has no connections to anyone.
- Beauty = Goodness: Averted hardcore. She's been described as exceptionally beautiful, but she's a force of pure, unending destruction.
- Chest Burster: By Word of God, Desolation-in-Light bisected Lady Light when she manifested in the womb. Lady Light survived, barely.
- Fetus Terrible: She manifested while still in the womb. She proceeded to teleport away, age herself up, and destroy Los Angeles.
- Light Is Not Good: She's the child of Lady Light and the Dark. The 'Desolation' part is key here: an insufficient response (or just plain bad luck) will result in her destroying a city or worse. The 'Light' part comes from her ever-active Desolation Field.
- Names to Run Away from Really Fast
- New Powers as the Plot Demands
- Nigh-Invulnerability: One of her permanent powers is this.
- No-Sell: Her permanent defensive power is described thus: A close up of her, taken by what had to be a Gadgeteer-made long-range camera, showed that all the attacks simply stopped about an inch from her skin, as if reality itself was simply saying 'No'. Oddly, she still dedicates part of her Adaptive Ability to defensive aspects.
- Omnicidal Maniac
- Person of Mass Destruction: Her attacks, if not handled properly, generally result in the complete destruction of a city at a minimum.
- Prehensile Hair: She has this - and doesn't wear anything else. One of her permanent abilities also coats it (and her fingernails) in a devouring light that destroys anything (other than her) it touches.
- Rapunzel Hair: Her hair is roughly ten times her height. And she's two meters tall.
- Unskilled, but Strong: That she does not use her powers intelligently is her only weakness, and she tends to react to any interference with her current power set by completely changing it. Her powers grow stronger the longer she has them, so getting her to change powers frequently reduces the damage she deals. It's a pity one of her permanent powers is invulnerability.
- Artifact Title: Mindfuck has not yet been replaced, so there are five of them.
- Full-Frontal Assault: Per Word of God they call themselves 'Savage' as in 'Naked Savage', although it's debatable how much it applies in the cases of Hemming and Heretic.
- The Notable Numeral
- Names to Run Away from Really Fast
- Traumatic Superpower Awakening: They often cause this with their attacks, and possibly aim to do so.
- Born Lucky: People think he has this as a power, but he's actually super-smart and makes it look like he has probability manipulation.
- Fallen Hero: When he defected, he persuaded Her(m)etic to come with him.
- Proud to Be a Geek: he uses his intelect to write the rules for the 6th edition of D&D.
- Shapeshifting: Able to take any organic or inorganic form within a range of one-tenth to fifty times his own mass.
- The Blank: He has a red sphere for a head.
- Body Horror: He's on record as the worst case of Chimaera syndrome to survive, being made of disconnected spheres and rods.
- Domain Holder: Whenever the Savage Six attack a city, he performs a ritual to pull the entire city into his personal dimension, where he sets the rules.
- Fallen Hero: Heretic used to be a hero called Hermetic.
- Fighting a Shadow: the body people see is a construct, while he hides out in a private pocket dimension
- Good Wings, Evil Wings: A set of golden rods in a wing-like pattern.
- Mad Scientist: He's a contriver who specialized in dimensional pockets.
- Names to Run Away from Really Fast
- Vocal Dissonance: Heretic has a very average voice. This only makes him creepier .
- A Mind Is a Terrible Thing to Read: His certainly is.
- Mind Rape: He mind-rapes entire cities, hence the name.
- Not Quite Dead: the Six rigged him up in a device so he can still use his powers'.
- Older Than They Look: has the appearance of a boy between 12 and 16.
- Posthumous Character: Thankfully.
- Rape as Backstory: He himself was raped as a child, by his father. It's not clear if this caused his manifestation, but it's likely.
- Seeing Through Another's Eyes: Routinely forces entire cities to see him rape children to death. The experience can be traumatic enough to cause manifestation in victims.
- Telepathy: The strongest in the setting.
- And I Must Scream: Her power perfectly protects her from the outside world, going so far as to filter all sensory input for dangerous levels. She couldn't even speak until she learned to vibrate the 'shell' her power creates. It's on permanently, and she cannot die.
- Death Seeker
- Flying Brick
- Full-Frontal Assault: She's been manipulated by Hemming into not caring about nakedness.
- No-Sell: her powers protect her from all harm and powers. She can not be seen by any precog.
- Sense Loss Sadness
- Daddy's Little Villain: Daughter of Mindfuck. Subverted in that their relationships is more of an owner/pet one: she's addicted to his power (or was, before he died).
- Elemental Shapeshifter: she can turn into fire, clothes not included.
- Fiery Redhead
- Full-Frontal Assault: She doesn't wear clothes, because she can only turn herself to fire, and they would burn off anyway before she left them behind.
- I'm a Humanitarian: she likes to roast people with her powers and then eat them.
- Innate Night Vision: She can track heat signatures.
- Playing with Fire: Fire Burial's power. Her fire 'sticks' to things and slowly burns them. She can imbue her fire with explosive force, resulting in Stuff Blowing Up. She can even turn into fire to avoid being hurt or travel (although she can't take her clothes with her), but can't manipulate any other fire while she does so.
- Psycho Lesbian: Violently so; she'll burn off the genitals of any male who propositions her.
- Psychoactive Powers: Her powers grow stronger when she gets angry.
- Kill It with Water: Her power shuts off completely if she's drenched in water. Macian and Henry even avoid her tracking them by jumping into a cold river and swimming upstream. Macian explains that although it makes no sense by the laws of physics, powers aren't always logical and tend to be subject to themes and ideas instead. She avoids Weaksauce Weakness by staying in an ally's pocket-universe where it never rains.
- Klingon Promotion: She killed her mother Slowburn for full membership in the Six.
Blue Monkey Investigative and Protective Services
Aap Oordra/Kevin Paterson
Retired soldier and supervillain. Suspected of being the son of the Dark.
- Everything's Better with Monkeys: Aap Oordra can manifest a monkeyskin that enhances his body.
- Experienced Protagonist: A powerful metahuman with over several decades of experience fighting other supers.
- Misery Builds Character: How he chooses to see his time imprisoned. While he isn't a saint nowadays, he explicitly mentions that the traumatic experiences of the war have smoothed a lot of his rougher edges.
- Stepford Smiler: He has to take everything casually or he suffers Power Incontinence.
- Super Speed: One of the few people to posses actual super speed. Instead of messing with physics he really increases his speed and has the senses to cope with it. This grants him incredible destructive power.
- Super Villain
- Tranquil Fury: When he hears someone is threatening his daughter, he calmly plans to tear the guy to shreds.
An Ember of HopeTropes related to characters introduced in the An Ember of Hope arc.
- Child Prodigy
- Cyborg: Macian made himself several implants after half his body was severely burnt, to the point of completely replacing his left arm and eye.
- Deflector Shields: He can make these, much to Henry's surprise.
- Gadgeteer Genius
- Never Given a Name: When introduced, Macian has no name, not even a codename. He never needed one. When Henry insists on one, he picks the codename Macian, which means 'Maker'.
- No Need for Names: He never needed a name until Henry insisted on one and was perfectly fine with never having had one bestowed on him.
- Child Prodigy: Ember was a world-renowned child artist before his manifestation, to the point where he was tested for superpowers.
- Back from the Dead: He can do this to others.
- The Empath: After he manifests, he can see the 'worlds' of every metahuman, and every living human. If they're close enough, he can distinguish their emotions.
- Mental World: Ember sees superpowers like this.
- Messianic Archetype: What he is in the eyes of the world.
- Origins Episode: An Ember of Hope handles this for Ember.
- Psychic Radar: Ember has a degree of this mixed with The Empath, able to sense people in his range and potentially identify them through their superpower or their emotions.
- Even Evil Has Standards: The Nazis thought he was disgusting.
- Full-Frontal Assault: He was nicknamed the Naked Tyrant for a reason.
- Green Thumb
- Meaningful Name: Weisswald = "white wood".
- Mook Maker: He created the Spiteborn.
- Person of Mass Destruction: Responsible for 1.2 billion deaths.
- Posthumous Character: We hope.
- Social Darwinist: He believed in metahuman superiority.
- Those Wacky Nazis
The newest S-class threat. Bought by the black panthers but has taken them over.
- Body Horror: she turns people into Lovecraftian monsters and leaves them aware of what happenend.
- Good Thing You Can Heal: Brennus tried stabbing her in the brain. It didn't work.
- Lovecraftian Superpower
- The End of the World as We Know It: she even calls herself the end of the world.
- Mind Rape: she seems to do this to people by making them look at her face.
- Psychopathic Manchild: she has a `weird' personality.
- Super Senses: has some form of far seeing esp.
- Telepathy: she can hear telepathic communication, but not read minds.
- Unskilled, but Strong: she's an insane teenager who skates by on her power alone.