Part 2 of the list of summoned units in Brave Frontier, containing units #101-200.
If you cannot find any units within the listing range, please go to the following:
- Utility Units: Elemental Nymphs, Spirits, Idols, Totems (all under Evolution Materials) and Jewel and Metal Ghosts, Kings and Gods (under Other and Evolutionary Materials, respectively).
Click here to return to the main index.
Salamander / Ifrit / Malvan
- *Hiss* "I am Salamander. You are my master. I will follow you."— Salamander, on serving you.
Despite being spirits, Salamanders are considered fire dragons, and very weak ones at that, though they are still feared for their aggression. They evolve into Ifrits, leaders of packs of Salamanders, who can now understand human language but are still pretty damn aloof. Furthermore, they can evolve into Malvans, a species of fire dragons imbued with the Ifrits' powers, gifted with extreme power but at the expense of slow intellectual growth.
- Fiery Salamander
- Our Dragons Are Different: Salamanders start out as aggressive fire spirits that became classified as low-tier fire dragons. Ifrits are high-ranking spirits known as the "Kings of Flames". Finally, Malvans are a new species of dragons created by the Ifrits to protect weaker dragons.
- Our Spirits Are Different: The Salamanders and Ifrits are technically fire spirits who are classified as fire dragons for the former's fierceness. The Malvans are not classified as such, instead being described as a new kind of dragon instead.
- Playing with Fire
- Status Buff: Their brave burst boost their allies' attacks.
Rantoul / Legtos / Legnaura
- "There's a pureness about you. Help me punish those who deface Mother Nature!"— Rantoul, on protecting Mother Nature.
Cephalopodic creatures said to be the incarnation of the sea's wrath, the Rantoul destroys anyone who pollutes it. As such, ships frequently bring offerings to appease them. They can be evolved into the Legtos, a more powerful, serpentine species worshiped in some places. Further up the evolutionary ladder are Legnauras, water dragons chiefly responsible for cleansing the sea.
- Area of Effect: Their Brave Burst helps their whole team.
- Dinosaurs Are Dragons: Zigzagged with Legnaura, where it combines an aquatic Stock Dinosaurs (Non-Dinosaurs) with a Water Dragon.
- Gaia's Vengeance: The Rantoul are said to be the incarnation of the sea's vengeance against any who pollute it.
- Gradual Regeneration: How their Healing Factor works in their Brave Bursts.
- Healing Factor: Their Brave Bursts causes their allies's HP to fill up for three turns.
- Kraken and Leviathan: Yup, they're all gigantic sea monsters, but what make this trope special is that the Rantoul are based on the Kraken, while the Legtos are like Leviathan. Legnauras, the later addition, are based on the Plesiosaurs (the same dinosaur species said to have brought us the Loch Ness Monster).
- Making a Splash: Their elements.
- Our Dragons Are Different: Legtos and Legnaura are water purifying dragons evolved from tentacled squids, the Rantoul.
- Stock Dinosaurs: Legnaura is a non dinosaur example, where it is based on an aquatic reptile, the Plesiosaurs.
- Tentacled Terror: The Rantouls are multi-eyed, purple squids that will bring the sea's vengeance upon you if you pollute it.
Trent / Ent / Xipe Totec
- "You are the first Summoner I've met. I guess I'll help you out."— Trent, on deciding to help you.
A species of trees animated by a concentration of Earth energies that can live for centuries. While apathetic, Trents are easily distinguished by their constant motion. Once they near a millennium old, they evolve into Ents, which are even more self-centered than Trents. Further up the ladder are the Xipe Totec, which develops a Dryad-shaped decoy meant to lure unwary prey into their lethal embrace to regenerate themselves.
- Area of Effect: Their Brave Bursts attacks all enemies.
- Born-Again Immortality: The Xipe Totec eats humans to pull this off.
- Cute Monster Girl: Exploited by the Xipe Totec, where they produce a decoy that looks like a Dryad to draw people in order to eat them alive!
- Green Thumb: What else would their elements be given they look like trees?
- Honey Trap: The Xipe Totec use an image of a Dryad as bait.
- Not My Problem: Ents don't give a crap whether their home forest is burnt down so long as they get to grow.
- When Trees Attack: That's what all of them do in battle, especially since their elemental counterparts (Salamander to Nyx) have Brave Bursts supporting their allies.
Sylph / Djin / Crow Tengu
- "You must have good taste, summoning me like you did. Now let's have some fun!"— Sylph, eager to have some fun.
Shape-shifting wind spirits who generally take the form of a winged, green-skinned woman. Ever curious, Sylphs tend to break into human habitations, though for good intentions. They evolve into Djins, which are far friendlier but also pretty fickle. They in turn can be evolved into Crow Tengus, which are Djins fused with stray spirits, which account for their more mature line of thought.
- Amazing Technicolor Population: Justified, as they're wind spirits.
- Area of Effect: Their Brave Bursts covers the whole team.
- Black Eyes of Evil: Crow Tengu has black sclera before the Evil Gods (Luther to Kajah) became obtainable summons. Subverted in that they are not as malicious as they appear to be, only being nagging at worst.
- Curious as a Monkey: Humans interest them a lot.
- Cute Monster Girl: Or at least for the first two evolutionary tiers. The third tier? Not so much.
- Justified as they want to learn human's knowledge and secrets. Taking on the form of a girl will make them look less threatening.
- Shock and Awe: Their main element.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: Sylphs are known to change shapes at will, although they prefer the form of a human female.
- Winged Humanoid: The form they take.
Priestess Maria / Angel Maria / Saint Maria
- "I wish to know the god's will! Do you as well? If so, then please let me help you!"— Maria, offering you to know the gods' will with her.
A pious miracle-worker and preacher from La Veda who taught of the ways of the gods, even as she constantly tries to deny her ambiguously human origins on account of the pair of wings on her back. When the gods declared war on humanity, however, she had a brief crisis of faith, before deciding to side with no one, healing anyone who comes to her, man and god alike.
- All-Loving Hero: Even when humans and gods were pitted against each other she refused to choose sides, instead preferring to be a neutral third-party.
- Ambiguously Human: As a Priestess, Maria's wings were said to spread when she performed a miracle, though she denies it, insisting that she's just a normal human, and the wings are presumed to be decorations.
- Crisis of Faith: She had one when the war broke out, making her choose to side with no one.
- Healing Factor: Her Brave Burst involves healing her team.
- Light 'em Up: Her element. Justified, as she's from the ruined La Veda Republic.
- Power Dyes Your Hair: From blonde to light blue to magenta, she has them all.
- Take a Third Option: She didn't join a side in the war. She made her own.
- Tareme Eyes
- Winged Humanoid
Lilin / Succubus / Nyx
- "So you're that Summoner everyone's talking about? You're my type, wanna hang out?"— Lilin, wanting you to go on a date with her.
Lilin is a female demon who feeds on human souls on contact, preferably emotions, so much so that clergymen consider it a sin to talk to her alone. Meanwhile, Succubus, her next evolutionary step, prefers toying with her victims' lust before absorbing their souls. However, her last evolution, Nyx, prefers sticking to one victim.
- Amazing Technicolor Population: Justified, as she's a demon.
- Casting a Shadow: Her main element.
- Cute Monster Girl: Even in her later evolutions.
- Honey Trap: Succubus's modus operandi is seducing men to her arms before gorging on their souls, with the men willfully going to their doom because she's too irresistible.
- It Amused Me: Succubus' reason for toying with her victims.
- Ms. Fanservice: In all three forms.
- Winged Humanoid
Common Leader Skill: Reduced damage from enemies of same element
Firedrake / Dragon Graven / Dalimaone / Dragon God Granados
Firedrakes are the only fire dragons who can fly, and they are said to be so powerful a flap of their wings can set the ground ablaze. Despite their ability to communicate with them, they generally look down on the intellectually inferior humans, with the exception of a special few which pique their interest. They evolve into Dragon Gravens, a more powerful and intelligent species, then Dalimaones, incredibly ancient dragons known for their ferocity, and finally into Granados, an even more destructive dragon said to be powerful enough to remold the planet wherever it prowls and even instills fear in the hearts of the gods.
- Area of Effect: They can raze all their enemies with their Brave Burst.
- The Berserker: It has been theorized that the Dalimaones' full potential can only be realized if their ferocious nature is left unchecked, as domesticated Dalimaone clones are said to be far weaker than the original.
- Genius Bruiser: They are both keenly intellectual and insanely powerful for fire dragons.
- Playing with Fire: Their element.
- Spanner in the Works: Granados' entry strongly implies that this dragon is dangerous enough to be a big problem for even the gods.
Undine / Siren / Meltia / Aqua Goddess Abel
- "I am Undine. Let's go together. Leave the water magic to me!"— Undine, before showing off her skill with water magic.
Undines are lake spirits who generally refuse to leave their domain unless they fall in love, and is well known to be both devoted lovers and fierce enemies. They evolve into Siren, versions which have grown wings, then Meltia, which are high spirits of the waters, and Abel, a goddess who has transcended her lesser shell upon truly understanding the concept of love.
- Amazing Technicolor Population: Justified as they're supernatural beings.
- Area of Effect: Their Brave Bursts covers all their allies.
- Berserk Button: Betrayal in any form sets off her wrath like nothing else.
- Critical Hit Class: One effect of their Brave Bursts is to raise their team's Critical Hit chances.
- Cute Monster Girl: Until Undines are double crossed.
- Does Not Like Shoes: Undines are barefooted, and Sirens have talons for legs. Seems to be averted for Meltias as they seem to be wearing ballet flats.
- Everything's Better with Rainbows: Because only through the rainbow might we be able to see Meltias dancing on top of it.
- Love Freak: So much that them and fellow Love Freak Freya composed a song about love in one of the Frontier Hunter's Terminus stages.
- Making a Splash: Their attacking element.
- Our Spirits Are Different: Undines are lake guardians wielding water-based magic.
- The Power of Love: This is said to be what powers the Sirens' and the Meltias' ability to fly.
- Status Buff: Their Brave Bursts boosts Defense as well as Critical Hit Rate.
- Take Our Word for It: Undines supposedly have an alternate form they transform into when angered. There's no other description on what it looks like, but this is the reason why men have second thoughts meeting any of them.
- Tsurime Eyes
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: For the same reason why they have light blue skin.
Dryad / High Elf / Lemenara / Elf Queen Arbonella
Dryads are a race of powerful forest spirits who prefer support magic over direct combat and spends time innocently pulling dangerous pranks. They evolve into High Elves, on which they mature into a serious guardian of the forest (except when they encounter certain humans), then Lemenaras, the chief guardians of the forest with a vengeful streak towards any who dare disturb their realm, and atop the chain is Arbonella, a forest goddess dedicated to protecting her realm throughout the war of the gods.
- Amazing Technicolor Population: Dryads have light green skin. Justified; they are spirits who naturally goes with their ColorCodedElement.
- Area of Effect: Their Brave Bursts supports all allies.
- Blue-and-Orange Morality: To the Dryads, hypnotizing people into being their slave is a prank.
- Cute Monster Girl: Especially with the Dryads, where their cuteness is increased further by being described as extremely timid and preferring to support their allies over fighting their enemies.
- Green Thumb: Their element if they need to fight.
- Our Spirits Are Different: Dryads are a forest-dwelling version with excellent support magic, who can evolve into elves.
- Status Buff: Their Brave Bursts boosts Defense and Recovery.
- Tsurime Eyes
- You Gotta Have Green, then White Hair: Dryads have green hair to match their lighter skin. It then bleaches upon their evolution.
Thunderbird / Great Falcon Ziz / Zazabis / Bolt Phoenix Ardas
- "Do you want my lightning? Take me to your enemies. I will show them fear."— Thunderbird, on getting ready to use his random target Brave Burst attack.
Thunderbirds live in valleys and are dreaded for their electrocuting aura, paralyzing their prey to bring it to its young. They evolve into Great Falcons named Ziz, a mutated form whose wings are said to be large enough to block out the sun. Zazabis, their third evolutionary form, are said to have absorbed the powers of a fallen dragon. Finally, they can turn into Ardas, the ancestor of all birds in Grand Gaia.
- Area of Effect: Ardas can hit all enemies with its Brave Burst.
- Feathered Fiend: Supposedly, according to the Unit Guide. It is apparently dangerous and is handled with caution.
- Noble Bird of Prey: Leaning onto the badass Predators.
- Thunderbird, the lowest form, is capable of grabbing its prey while it's alive and kicking. The victim are to be brought to their chicks so that they can hunt them themselves.
- Great Falcon Ziz is able to grow strong enough to prey on dragons, and feasting on them will let them evolve into its highest form, Zazabis.
- Probability Tropes: Its Brave Burst hits random enemies. That's until it hits 6-star.
- Shock and Awe: Its element.
Valkyrie / Sky Hero Athena / Legendary Jona / Sky Goddess Raquel
Valkyries are a race of all-female winged humanoids said to have left by the gods to protect Grand Gaia. They can be evolved to become Athena, worshipped by humans as the goddess of war and victory during the war with the gods (where she apparently remained neutral), and subsequently, Jona, who chose to side with the humans. Once she's done with the gods, however, she reveals herself as the challenge-seeking Raquel and turned against the very people she fought with.
- Blood Knight: She sided with the humans as a convenience to find a challenge from the gods. It is said that once she was through with them, she then turned on the humans.
- Dark-Skinned Blond: Her skin darken as she evolves.
- Light 'em Up: Her element.
- Not in This for Your Revolution: She joined the humans in the war with the gods not so much out of compassion as she just wanted a challenge.
- One-Gender Race: Everyone from this evolutionary line are female, leading to a few studies as to how they reproduce.
- Our Angels Are Different: They are a mix of traditional war angels and Valkyries.
- Valkyries: Obviously, going by their design and mission.
Vampire / Lich / Legion / Dark Lord Zaboeth
Vampires are nocturnal creatures who suck blood for sustenance, preferably those of young girls. They are also immortal, and can only be killed through specialized techniques. They can be evolved into Liches, which are technically considered immortal, and finally Legion, which is rumored to be actually the shell of a Lich which has transcended death. Should both soul and shell meet, so legend goes, Legion will become the harbinger of doom for the whole world in the form of Zaboeth, leader of demonic forces whose battles with the gods were left unrecorded by humanity.
- Area of Effect: Their Brave Bursts attacks all enemies.
- Casting a Shadow: Their element.
- Our Liches Are Different: They are in the middle of the evolutionary line between Vampires and Legions.
- Our Vampires Are Different: Of course, when Vampires can be used as summoning units who can later evolve into corpse-like beings.
Common Leader Skill: Increased ATK for whole party + Reduced damage from enemies of same element (6-Star onward)
These units are some of the famous military leaders of Grand Gaia who fought against the gods. They're more focused on leading their people and settling down the conspiracies behind the war itself.
Knight Agni / Fire Knight Agni / Magma Knight Agni / Blazing Knight Agni
Agni is the younger brother of Emperor Orwen of Agni and leader of the imperial army, said to be more popular than his brother on account of his skill with both the sword and diplomacy. When he died, rumors abound that he was either assassinated by his brother or fell in a coup d'etat.
- Authority Equals Asskicking: As brother to the Emperor, he is assigned leader of the imperial army. His skills prove his appointment highly warranted.
- Cain and Abel: One of the few speculations behind his death was that he was thought to be the Abel to Owen's Cain.
- Egopolis: Averted; even though his name is the same as the country he's leading, the latter was already named so since it was founded by Mariudeth, its first emperor.
- Famed in Story: Centuries after his passing, Agni has become something of a legend throughout the empire, and has even inspired many plays.
- Hypercompetent Sidekick: Towards his brother Orwen.
- Playing with Fire: His element.
- You Are in Command Now: Implied in his backstory to have taken Emperor Orwen's seat after the latter apparently chickened out during the battle of the gods.
Knight Sergio / Ice Ruler Sergio / Ice Knight Sergio / Ice Angel Sergio
- "So you need my blade? Hmm, alright. Stay behind me. I'll help you."— Sergio, going it alone as per his philosophy.
Sergio is notorious in Sama for his refusal to abide by the Cavalry Corps' ethics of camaraderie, instead sharpening his skills to be able to take on his enemies by himself. He was later appointed as leader of his own team, and even then his subordinates fear his aloof attitude as much as they revere his swordsmanship. During the attack of the gods he was severely injured, but the sight of his men rushing to his defense inspired him to stand up again for the sake of his country.
- I Work Alone: His modus operandi.
- An Ice Person: His elemental affinity is Water, though most of his attacks fall under this.
- Defrosting Ice King: His friendship with Arius finally made him able to trust others.
- Loners Are Freaks: Even his own subordinates fear his solitary, cold-hearted approach to combat. That is, until Arius tried to befriend him.
- Magnetic Hero: Whether he likes it or not, people keep getting attracted to his graceful, ice-cold approach to combat.
Princess Lidith / Queen Lidith / Empress Lidith / Goddess Lidith
- "Sir Summoner... Please let me go with you... I will do all I can..."— Lidith, preparing herself for her task.
Sheltered since childhood, Lidith, a princess of Vriksha, simply yearned to be free. She was so serious she had been secretly training herself in the ways of the sword. When the gods attacked she led Vriksha's counteroffensive, but her inexperience cost the lives of many who rushed to her aid. Nevertheless, she fought on until she became gravely wounded, until a mysterious entity bonded with her and gave her even more power.
- Call to Adventure: A life of luxury could only satisfy her for so long. Now she wants the freedom to see the world for herself.
- My Greatest Failure: Being not strong enough to protect herself during the battle of the gods caused many people to die protecting her.
- Shrinking Violet: She's shy Around men.
- Sibling Yin-Yang: She is the shy, demure counterpart to Faris, her headstrong, plucky younger sister.
- The Smurfette Principle: Of the unit group which includes Agni, Sergio, Falma, Heidt and Shida.
- Pretty Princess Powerhouse: A princess who trained herself to use a sword and fought courageously in her first battle. Her two evolutions increase both her power and her appearance (such as a more elaborate crown).
Sky Knight Falma / Sky King Falma / Sky Legend Falma / Sky God Falma
- "These dual blades are my pride as a knight! Can you handle this power?"— Falma, ready to show off his strength.
Falma is a famed general in Atharva, known for his strength and loyalty. He is, surprisingly, also good friends with outlaw Grafl, on account of their diametrically opposing personalities. During the war of the gods he and Grafl fought together against the gods, and became known for having personally leapt into danger's way to lead his troops to victory. When Grafl apparently fell after a direct attack by the gods, however, Falma unleashed his full fury at them.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Is on the receiving end in Vargas Chronicle, courtesy to Lava. And he received one once again in Twelve Guardians of the Gods' Grand Gaia Chronicles, this time by Signas.
- Dual Wielding: Wields a pair of swords.
- Odd Friendship: With Grafl, a sky pirate.
- Power Gives You Wings: Gains a pair of energy wings attached to his feet as Sky God.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The Blue to Grafl's Red.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: After his best friend's apparent death, Falma unleashed the full extent of his wrath upon the mad gods.
- Shock and Awe: His main element.
Cowboy Heidt / Holy Shot Heidt / Pistol God Heidt / Sacred Gunner Heidt
- "Ha ha ha. I was scolded for not having properly finished what I came here to do!"— Pistol God Heidt, upon returning back for action.
A gunner said to be from another world who fights evil using his trusty pistol. He was popular with children and women, though he often rebuffs them, leading to rumors that he had a wife back in his original world. During the war of the gods he suddenly disappeared, only to return with an even bigger gun.
- BFG: As Pistol God.
- Happily Married: The reason why he rejected every advances of his female admirers.
- Light 'em Up: His element.
- Mysterious Stranger: Rumor has it that he came from another world.
Shida / Garroter Shida / Executioner Shida / Death God Shida / Omega Demise Shida / Deadly Illusion Shida
- "Let us make a pact. From now on, you'll be my new test subject... Mwahaha!"— Shida, suckering the summoner into becoming his guinea pig.
Head magus of Bariura and the Emperor's most trusted adviser. While a specialist in all kinds of magic, he is especially obsessed with the dark arts, and was also rumored to have dabbled in human experimentation. What is confirmed, however, is that he turned his attention to necromancy, where he developed even more powerful techniques, such that by the time of the war of the gods he has developed magic that could turn the living into his servants.
- All Your Powers Combined: In his Death God form, his Super Brave Burst can give you all 6 elements at once for 3 turns.
- Benevolent Boss: Surprisingly, despite his evil upbringing, he does care for his underlings and helps them in his own villainous way. Subverted when he pulled You Have Outlived Your Usefulness on Logan.
- BFS: Summons one to be dropped down onto his target.
- Big Bad: In the second half of Vargas Chronicle.
- Breakout Villain: He started off as just another Rare Summon unit with somewhat villainous story. Then he became popular. As more Rare Summon units were introduced, some of their unit lores subtly or blatantly reference him in their stories.
- Casting a Shadow: His main element.
- The Chessmaster
- Dark Is Evil: He is a Dark type unit and.
- The Dragon: To the Emperor of Bariura.
- Even Evil Has Standards: As evil as he might be, he still loathe his former teacher Bran.
- Evil Laugh: Either "Mwahaha!", "Khu khu khu...", or "He he he..."
- Karma Houdini: Despite all of what he's done, the only "punishment" he received is arriving at an entirely new world instead of Ishgria like he wished for.
- Mad Scientist: A magical variant.
- Necromancer: As time passed he used his knowledge to experiment on the dead.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: Yeah, nice job pissing Zellha off and augmenting Logan with Vishra's cursed armor piece, Shida.
- Nice Job Fixing It, Villain!: However, as he is implied to be the one who augmented Eric, the latter was able to aid Magress.
- Non Sequitur: Out of the confirmed students of Bran, he is the only one who is not Thunder-elemental.
- Power Dyes Your Hair: His hair was grey in 3 Stars form. As he evolves, his hair turns white. Word of God said that this was due to all the stress he received during his works.
- Interestingly, his Omega Demise form has a rather noticeable light grey shade on his hair.
- Power Gives You Wings: His Death God form grants him a pair of skeletal wings. They become demonic wings in his 7-Star form.
- Sempai/Kohai: Formerly the kohai to Yuura's sempai.
- You Have Outlived Your Usefulness: He ditched Logan and let him slowly dying to Vishra's curse. Then he left the Emperor of Bariura on his own after he completely exhausted the Empire's resources of research materials.
- Your Soul is Mine!: Eventually delves into Necromancy, physically manifesting the souls of his test subjects. These range from skulls in his 5-star form all the way to draconic beings in his Omni form.
Common Leader Skill: HC potency (Phoenix and Alneu) / BC potency (Leviathan and Wyvern) / Spark damage (Behemoth and Memetes)
Phoenix / Lava Phoenix / God Phoenix / Phoenix Reborn / Immortal Phoenix Levarza
- "My fire remains with those who are virtuous. You are one such person."— Phoenix, entrusting its divine flames to its summoner.
A holy bird born from a volcano every few thousand years and, perhaps on account of its slightly humanoid appearance, one of the few creatures amicable to humans. In battle their feathers can be used to heal wounds, and it can also turn into a fireball to attack its enemies. After maturing for a few years, they upgrade to Lava Phoenix to help deliver justice and bring people's ambitions to life. There are also rare kinds among them known as the God Phoenix. Although they are thought to be incarnations of gods due to their intelligence and sense of justice, they ended up being judged by said gods and getting wiped out by them. Even rarer than the God Phoenix are the highest class of the Phoenix species, Phoenix Reborn. They are not satisfied with their current strength despite being almost immortal and are willing to get stronger out of their deep attachment to life as well as in order to face more powerful foes.
- Area of Effect: Their Brave Bursts covers the entire team. Phoenix Reborn's Brave Burst also attacks all enemies.
- Gradual Regeneration: This is how the Healing Factor in the Phoenix line's Brave Burst works in its team.
- Healing Factor: Their Brave Bursts induces this on all allies.
- Heal It with Fire: It's the first Fire unit who specialize in healing.
- Humans Are Special: The Phoenix line is one of the few species friendly to humans, finding their passion and thirst for justice interesting.
- King in the Mountain: Some folklore tells of Lava Phoenixes appearing during times of political crisis to fight for the just side.
- The Medic: Although as Phoenix Reborn, their Super Brave Burst also attacks all enemies.
- The Phoenix: Of course.
- Playing with Fire: Fire Unit.
- Winged Humanoid: With permanent wings. Phoenix Reborn doesn't appear to be humanoid, though.
Leviathan / Loch Ness / Malnaplis / Felneus
- "My name is Leviathan. You have a noble ambition. I will lend you strength."— Leviathan, offering its services only to one of a pure heart.
A sea dragon notorious for its habit of creating shipwrecks wherever it sails, having deemed all humans as polluters of the sea (to the point where special rituals have been made to protect ships). It can be evolved into Loch Ness, a high-tier Leviathan noted for docility until directly harmed; Malnaplis, creator of all sea dragons; and Felneus, an enigmatic creature heard only in legends.
- Genius Bruiser: Leviathan is both powerful and intelligent.
- Humans Are Bastards: Its philosophy, apparent by its summon and fusion quotes.
- Making a Splash: Their element.
- Red Baron: The "Devil of the Sea", as it is called by sailors.
- Technical Pacifist: Loch Ness and its higher upgrades are noted to be relatively docile until harmed, at which point their full fury is unleashed.
Great Tree Alneu / World Tree Altro / God Tree Eltri / Alpha Tree Altri / Gaia Tree Vertri
- "Justice for all creation. If you are virtuous, little one, I shall be your shield."— Alneu, offering its protective shade to the summoner.
Alneu is a sentient tree whose fruit is said to refresh anyone who partakes of it, and is said to have a soft spot for children. Once it reaches 10,000 years old, it becomes Altro, a tree which gives wisdom but lives in the deep forests. Evolving it turns Altro into Eltri, said to be the ancestor of all trees in Grand Gaia, whose mere presence turns even wasteland into lush forests. Atop the evolutionary chain is Altri, the original primeval tree, said to have collected so much knowledge it developed a split personality (evidenced by its multiple faces).
- Friend to All Children
- Gentle Giant: Despite his big size, Alneu adores small and cute critters.
- Green Thumb
- Healing Factor: Its Brave Burst's primary effect.
- The Medic
- The Mentor: Aided Lance to control Drevas' power.
- Multiple Head Case: Alpha Tree Altri has more than one head, each with a different personality. They debate among themselves to raise his depth of thinking.
- Status-Buff Dispel: Altri takes it even further by preventing them for three turns with its Super Brave Burst.
- Wise Tree: From being Altro onward.
- World Tree: Eventually becomes one in a small world it created on its own.
Behemoth / King Behemoth / Alpha Behemoth / Omega Behemoth
- "Growl! My roar signals the end of a life. Endure it and become my master!"— Behemoth, challenging the summoner to learn to harness its fearsome power.
Behemoths are fearsome beasts with a muscular body and a pair of horns strong enough to smash anything in a single blow. Most Behemoths don't like working together, and some even fight to the death for supremacy, with the winner becoming a King Behemoth. Further up the evolutionary ladder are Alpha Behemoths, whose thunderbolts are said to pulverize anything to dust, and then Omega Behemoths, said to have willingly sacrificed their mortal bodies for even more power (with lost body parts apparently replaced by machines).
- The Juggernaut: Their sheer aggression, devastating physical attacks and mastery over lightning make the Behemoth line a force to reckon.
- Robeast: As the Omega Behemoth.
- Shock and Awe
Wyvern / Bahamut / Rameldria / Duelmex / Supreme Dragon Eldrex
- "Can you handle this mission? Then show me, just how much can humans bear."— Wyvern, on daring you to prove yourself.
A common type of sky dragon found throughout Grand Gaia. Generally apathetic to humans, they only interact with other species to administer justice on evildoers of any species. They evolve into Bahamut, which mediates between conflicting dragons. Further up the ladder is Rameldria, one of the most powerful dragons in history, so much so anyone who defeats it earns its respect, allowing it to transform into Duelmex, powered by the acceptance of humans.
- Area of Effect: Only by using the Brave Burst that's not regular can it blast out all its enemies at once.
- Light 'em Up: Its element.
- The Paralyzer: Duelmax's Super Brave Burst may cause paralysis. Any of Eldrex's Brave Burst add paralysis effect to attack for 3 turns.
- Probability Tropes: Its regular Brave Burst hits random enemies.
- Standard Status Effect: Eldrex's Ultra Brave Burst inflicts all status ailments.
Memetes / Hell King Hades / Death God Logada / Hellborn Dilias
- "I control death. I will help you as long as your path is true."— Memetes, challenging the summoner to prove him/herself unafraid of it.
A skeletal being who serves to maintain the balance between the realms of the living and the dead, as well as destroy anyone who dares disturb the equilibrium. It can evolve into Hades, leader of Memetei, said to only appear in situations beyond their capability. Further up the ladder is Lodaga, the god of death, said to be only visible to those prepared for their mortality, and Dilias, the form Lodaga took when fighting Lemia, one such violator of the equilibrium the Memetei maintain.
Common Leader Skill: Increased ATK for units with same Element (up to 7-Star) + BB gauge charges per turn (6-Star onward)
These units are some of the most famous heroes who bravely fought against the gods. Unlike the Military Leaders above, they're more active on the battlefield and even fighting side-by-side with Six Heroes.
- Elemental Rivalry: Lava, Mega, Douglas, and Emilia formed one with Phee, Uda, Luther, and Nalmika respectively
- Power Gives You Wings: All of them except Mega gain wings in their 5-Stars form.
Lava / Fire Knight Lava / Fire God Lava / Sacred Flame Lava / Phoenix Wings Lava / Ignis Vestae Lava
- You need my blade? Promise me I'll face the strongest and it's yours.— Lava, on offering you her help.
An elite swordswoman and product of a top-secret experiment, Lava has been raised since childhood to fight, which came at the expense of social skills, until her victory over Agni ace Vargas instilled in her a desire to open herself up to others. During the war of the gods she was gravely injured and was given a pair of flaming wings by the Emperor of Agni, only to apparently give them in turn to Vargas after he, too, was mortally wounded.
- Alliterative Name: Phoenix Wings Lava's Brave Burst, "Crimson Caldia".
- Armor-Piercing Attack: Later forms allows her to provide her team with a buff that allows them to ignore enemies' DEF.
- Defrosting Ice Queen: Defeating Vargas allowed her to finally gain the attention she desperately is in need of.
- Died in Your Arms Tonight: After saving Vargas from Tia and defeating Phee once and for all, she died from exhaustion in the arms of Vargas.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Apparently sacrificed herself during the war of the gods to give Vargas a second chance of life as the Holy Flame.
- Hime Cut: Has one, being directly trained under the Emperor of Agni. Harder to see when she starts covering her fringe with a helmet as she evolves.
- No Social Skills: Being raised as a Tyke Bomb does a lot of wonders to her ability to empathize with others.
- Playing with Fire: Her element, of course.
- Tyke Bomb: Her backstory.
- Worthy Opponent: How she and Vargas see each other.
Captain Mega / War Captain Mega / Commander Mega / Sea King Mega / Ocean Conqueror Mega
- "Is there a limit to my power? How should I know?!"— Mega, boasting of his strength.
Discovered by Verica amidst a shipwreck, Mega was honed in the ways of the pirate, and when he took over Verica's mantle, he was just as popular as his father figure was. One day, however, he accepted an offer from the Sama Navy, whom he personally detested, to join their ranks. While he initially considered it a joke, his discovery that he is the son of an esteemed admiral inspired him to take his new job seriously, beginning a campaign of ridding the Navy of corruption. Still eager to win back the pirates who became disillusioned with his decision to change sides, he won back their trust by fighting (even at great risk) to protect one such pirate fleet from the gods.
- An Axe to Grind: His Weapon of Choice. Later, he received a Sea Spirit infused version.
- Broken Pedestal: Was initially seen as traitor after he apparently defected to the Sama Navy...
- Happily Adopted: By Verica.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Put himself on the line to protect a group of pirates from the gods, leaving him mortally wounded. Fortunately the spirits of the sea healed him, allowing him to continue his mission of liberation and reform.
- Internal Reformist: Once he began to take his job as Sama naval commander seriously, among his first orders are to purge the Navy's ranks of its corrupt elements.
- Like Father, Like Son: He took after Verica, and then some.
- Making a Splash: His element.
- Named Weapon: The second axe he received was called "Poseidon".
- Nice Guy: He's noted to be quite charming, affable and good-natured.
- Prongs of Poseidon: As the Sea King, you can see the spirit accompanying Mega holding one as his Weapon of Choice. It was later incorporated in his own axe in his 7-Star form.
- Rebuilt Pedestal: After loosing his reputation for apparantly defecting to the navy, he won the pirates' respect back by sacrificing himself to protect one of their groups from the gods.
- Our Spirits Are Different: The Sea Spirit and Poseidon are guardians of Mega.
Gunner Douglas / Gun King Douglas / Gun God Douglas / Holy Arms Douglas
- "Will you supply me with ammo? If so, with the power of my Gatling gun I'll help you!"— Douglas, counting on the summoner having his back.
Rumored to be from another world, Douglas is an amnesiac man wandering the forests around Vriksha. While valuable to Vriksha's army, ammo for his gatling gun is so rare he is seldom called upon. To alleviate boredom, Douglas spends his time researching (and ultimately discovering) a way to substitute live ammo with continuously replenishing magic. During the battle of the gods he took them on even as his body is slowly failing him, until he apparently disappeared into a portal, then reappeared, even more powerful than ever.
- Area of Effect: Once Holy Arms Douglas unlocks his Super Brave Burst, he can shoot all enemies and support his team's attacks in one try.
- Ambiguously Brown: He probably got his tan from the other world he originated from.
- BFG: Right from the start!
- Blood Knight: Screw strategy, he's going to unload his guns against the gods at will.
- Gatling Good: At 5 stars alone, with higher hit counts in Brave Bursts than even some of 6-star units' Super Brave Bursts, you definitely know it's that good! There are only a few units that has higher hit counts, with one of them being his own 6-star counterpart.
- Green Thumb: His element despite wielding a machine weapon, though he did augment it to be fueled by magic afterwards.
- Magitek: Douglas' solution to shooting without ammunition.
- The Mentor: In Cursed Flame Armor's Grand Gaia Chronicles, Reeze mentioned that Douglas had taught her something "amazing" during her stay in Vriksha.
- Oxymoronic Being: A nature-elemental hero that attacks with a mechanical weapon.
- Probability Tropes: Until he has Super Brave Burst, his regular one can only shoot out randomly.
Emilia / Princess Emilia / Goddess Emilia / Holy Shock Emilia
- "My name is Emilia, But I'm also known as the Thunder Dancer! Bow before me, Summoner!"— Emilia, intimidating the summoner into respecting her power.
An Atharvan general as famous for her graceful style of combat using her twin swords as she is infamous for her incredibly strict training regimen. During the war of the gods she fought on the frontlines and reached the same position as strategist Weiss. When she fell into deep trouble, miner-turned-adventurer Eze rescued her. She would later retreat to train herself even further and procure lost technology to serve as backup.
- Dual Wielding
- Drill Sergeant Nasty: She is reputedly so strict an instructor few ever make it out without being disgracefully discharged.
- Perpetual Frowner: Apparently she finds it hard to smile even when people shower her with praises.
- Power Gives You Wings: As the Goddess and Holy Shock.
- Shock and Awe: Her element.
- Urban Legend Love Life: With strategist Weiss and, later, Eze.
- Waif-Fu: Her lithe physique makes her excellent for graceful combat with a pair of swords.
Knight Will / Holy Knight Will / God Knight Will / Holy Guard Will / Angelic Paladin Will
- "Are you worthy of me dedicating my sword to you? Let me measure your worth."— Will, on measuring your worth.
A knight of La Veda, said to have been among the last to fall during the war with the gods. He is both known for his tactics designed to wear down the enemy and his humility, having refused to comment to comparisons between him and Atro. Having witnessed the strength of the gods, he decided to go it alone, and with the support of Lucius, tore through the enemy with the few who chose to stay with him.
- Chick Magnet: In-universe, apparently. Two of his admirers were Themis and Mila.
- Determined Defeatist: He's aware he won't hold a candle against the gods, but he also knows he has no choice but hold his ground and prevent as many casualties as he can. With Lucius' help, however, his chances of survival slightly went up.
- Humble Hero: He even discourages people from comparing him and Atro to each other.
- Knight in Shining Armor: He is said to have fought the gods the longest.
- Light 'em Up: His element.
- Multi-Melee Master: If the Nine Sacred Treasures he got from Lucius and him testing the gifts for Aem, Mila, and Themis are any indications, he can fight with axe, greatsword, dagger, lance, staff, crystals, bow, and gun-like rod in addition to his own sword and shield.
- This is especially true when he unlocks his Extra Skills; it will activate as long as he is equipped with at least one of them as a Sphere.
- The Paladin
- Up to Eleven: He has nine choices of Spheres to activate his Extra Skill. And all but one are extremely time-consuming to acquire.
Alice / Scythe Alice / Scythe God Alice / Hell Keep Alice / Inferno Princess Alice / Lovely Princess Alice
- "Where are we? Must I still fight? Guess it can't be helped."— Alice, resigned to her fate.
Despite being the eighth princess of Bariura, Alice has been conditioned since childhood to become a warrior at the expense of any sense of empathy. Slowly she succumbed to the maddening influence of her scythe, to the point that her father had to brainwash her following a brief break from her current state — which was necessary during the attack of the gods, where she fought viciously till her last breath. However, after Elza revived her, rumors quickly spread of her appearance after her supposed death, leading to theories that she was either resurrected by the gods as a pawn or by Bariura to serve them once more.
- Ax-Crazy: Reportedly, she once sacrificed her entire squad in order to achieve victory. She reasoned that this was acceptable because, "They were in my way."
- Butterfly of Death and Rebirth: Scythe God Alice finally has butterfly wings on her wings, and even before that, her hair is tied with a butterfly-shaped hair clip and her unit guide described her killings.
- Casting a Shadow: Her element.
- Fingerless Gloves: In her 7 star alternate art.
- The Medic: As Hell Keep, surprisingly enough, with her Super Brave Burst.
- Power Gives You Wings: Her five-star and six-star forms sport a pair of butterfly-esque wings.
- Sanity Slippage: Over the years, she gradually became consumed by guilt over the innumerable lives she had taken in combat. Naturally, her Emperor's response was to push her sanity even further to the brink, eventually leaving her as little more than a mad, living weapon for which to carry out his will. However, she eventually regains her consciousness thanks to Elza's light within her.
- Sinister Scythe: Her weapons has a maddening influence and ghosts appear in her higher evolutions.
- Sociopathic Hero: In a sense. She might be killing everything left and right, but the alternative for Bariura is getting destroyed by the gods.
- Stripperiffic: By the time she reaches her 7 star, her reasonable dress has transformed into Underwear of Power with an exposed midriff.
- Averted in her Lovely Princess form, in which she dresses modestly in addition to wearing a skirt.
- Tyke Bomb: She was trained to be a warrior from the earliest days of her youth in order to take advantage of her potent magic potential. Was probably what lead to a good deal of her Sanity Slippage.
- Warrior Princess: Eighth princess of the Bariura Empire, and one of the most feared warriors in the days of old. Her role was always to be a warrior before she was a princess. Her evolution increase her fearsome appearance and fighting capability.