open/close all folders
The host of Brain Dump.
- At Least I Admit It: During his Moana, when Goofball notes how Max's reviews seem to be colored by his own failings, Max retorts that he could either claim to be impartial (which he considers impossible), or admit to his own biases.
- He is also frequently called a creep by Goofball multiple times. He admits it in an outburst in his Creep review.
- Author Avatar: Is simply Max Gilardi as a cartoon.
- Broken Tears: At the end of "DEADPOOL IS SCAMMING YOU", Max cries the "Lite Brite" jingle as he constructs Burnbots face with Lite Brite pegs.
- The Dog Bites Back: When Goofball comes to annoy/ridicule Max, he usually doesn't really do anything to stop him. However, there are a few instances where he finally retaliates.
- Does Not Like Shoes: Never wears shoes since he's always in his living room.
- Evil Laugh: Pulls off an impressive one when he points out that some viewers might think he is not the best person to discuss racial and social issues, as he is, after all, one of the "most evil kinds of person" in existence: A straight, white male.
- Glamour Failure: Played for Laughs, as his Evil Laugh above causes him to gradually adopt a demonic appearance (with red skin, sharp teeth and horns) until it suddenly stops, leaving him with just the latter.Max: ...Sorry, usually we try to keep these things hidden. (pushes horns back into his head)
- Halloween Cosplay: Dresses up as Jack Skellington in the Ghostbusters episode.
- Jerkass Ball: In "TOP 10 REASONS WHY THE GRINCH IS BULLSHIT", Max continuously tells Goofball — to Burnbot's face — that, not only is she an inanimate object, but she can't think or feel, despite her apparent negative reaction to such statements. He continues to make these statements after she's electrocuted him, causing her to be driven away.
- My God, What Have I Done?: After he tries to blame Goofball for driving Burnbot away, Goofball reminds him that it is indeed Max's fault.Goofball: You can't blame this on me! This is what you get for being a pompous jackass who's always trying to prove he's smarter than everyone else! "Diodes, capacitors, and resistors, interconnections and transistors"!
Max: (A look of horror grows on his face as Goofball is saying this)
- Self-Deprecation / Loser Protagonist: Half of the series' comedy stems from Max's joking self-loathing.
- Small Name, Big Ego: In the Sausage Party episode, Max spends half of the episode boasting about hosting the "#1 show on the internet". It turns out this was a simple miscalculation by Burnbot.
- The Sociopath: Due to his intense love for violence in his entertainment, Max's Self-Deprecation frequently mentions that he's a dangerous sociopath.
Max's lovely television assistant.
- Berserk Button: Snaps her usual pleasant and sophisticated exterior when Max calls her a "chick".
- She loses it again when Goofball reveals that she's been in a relationship with Max's microwave.
- On a more serious note, she doesn't appreciate being called soulless due to the fact that she's a robot. Max made the mistake of doing this and she's been gone for two episodes.
- The Cutie: Just look at that adorable smile.
- Flower in Her Hair: The digital face that displays on her screen has a little flower at the top-left corner.
- Good Bad Girl: Is having a sordid, sexually charged relationship with Max's Microwave against his wishes."MY BODY, MY RULES. DEAL W/ IT."
- Halloween Cosplay: "Dresses up" as a scarecrow in the Ghostbusters episode.
- Lovely Assistant: To Max.
- New Year's Resolution: Her 2016 one is to swear more frequently.
- Her auto-generated insult at the end of the episode is just a gigantic swear-fest, with max commenting on her need to make a sentence.
- Not So Above It All: While she is usually quiet and pleasant, she joins in on Goofball's constant insulting of Max by using the adjective "socially oblivious" to describe him.
- During the end of 2016 video, she and Goofball both enjoy a giggle when Max accidentally say the word "hard on" in a sentence.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: She drives away from Max's house at the end of TOP 10 REASONS THE GRINCH IS BULLSHIT after deciding she's had enough of his insensitive remarks.
- Lady Swears-A-Lot: Issues a comically over-the-top insult at the end of each episode.
- Sophisticated as Hell: Despite her usual Spock Speak, she says "Who you calling 'chick', dicknose?" to Max in the Halloween episode.
- Spock Speak: If her letter had a few more degrees of sophistication, it'd qualify as Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness. She is a computer, after all.
- Token Good Teammate: The show goes out of its way to remind you how much of an insufferable, socially awkward loser Max is and how much of a spiteful, annoying Jerkass Goofball is, but Burnbot is just a typical, if rather foul-mouthed and snarky, Lovely Assistant in television-form.
- The Voiceless: Can only talk through text.
Max's annoying ghost roommate.
- Affectionate Parody: Clearly one of Casper the Friendly Ghost.
- Big Brother Instinct: In the Ghostbusters (2016) video, we learn that his sister is married to Slimer, who, to put it bluntly, does NOT treat her well. Goofball, quite understandably, hates the guy's guts and is trying to get his sister to dump him.
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: While not necessarily evil (He's more of a Jerkass than anything else), Goofball has shown concern for both his sister and Burnbot on two separate occasions. He even went as far as admitting respect for Burnbot.
- Everyone Has Standards:
Max: Goofball, I don't need to apologize to a TV.
- Understandably, he really doesn't like the Domestic Abuse Slimer dishes out to his sister.
- He also gets taken aback by Max's uncharacteristically cruel remarks about Burnbot, stating she doesn't have the capacity to think or feel. While he sarcastically tells Max to apologize to Burnbot at first, it grows a bit more sincere after Max states that he won't.
Goofball: Well, you don't need to but you still should.
- The Gadfly: He clearly gets a kick out of finding new ways to get under Max's skin.
- Friendly Ghost: He's incredibly annoying to Max, but he has never done anything to actually try to harm him.
- Halloween Cosplay: Dresses up as the ghost on the Ghostbusters' logo in the Halloween Episode.
- Hate Sink: Goofball is intentionally meant to be as annoying, obnoxious and distracting as possible. However, thanks to Character Development, Goofball has started to develop more decent traits, such as trying to convince his sister into leaving Slimer, admitting to Max the reason he's so annoying is because he's trying to help with the show and his concern and self-admitted respect for Burnbot.
- Jerkass: Goofball is one spiteful son of a bitch.
- Kick the Son of a Bitch: A semi-common occurrence for him. So far, he has been choked, shoved into a fart jar, and left stranded on an desolate stretch of road in the middle of the night.
- New Year's Resolution: His 2016 one is to be more annoying.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Goofball gives Max a brutal one in his review of Creep (2014).Goofball: So wait, if you're not a creep, then why are your arms and legs so disproportionately long? How come you chew your fingernails? Why do you have a beard on your neck? How come you only shower, like, twice a week? Why did you see a psychiatrist for two years? What do you guys talk about? Why do you own these books? How come you don't have any friends? How come the bottom of your feet are so dirty? Why do you know the words to Raggedy Ann & Andy: A Musical Adventure? Why do you watch so many documentaries about serial killers? Why would a man who knows all the words to Raggedy Ann And Andy: A Musical Adventure also be a man who watches so many documentaries about serial killers?
- O.O.C. Is Serious Business: In the Halloween special, when his sister is reduced to a sobbing wreck after Goofball confronts her about leaving Slimer, he says "Uh, I'm sorry, I gotta go take care of this" and actually leaves (with his sister). Max lampshades this by saying "Well that went in a dark direction".