Voiced by: Chihiro Ikki (JP)
A genin of Boruto's graduating Academy batch and a former classmate and school friend of Boruto. The son of Kaminarimon enterprises' president, the biggest railroad company of the fire country. He's meeky, geeky & with a lot of self trust problems. Unlike Boruto's, Denki's father always tells him what and what not to do, going so far as telling him to go to the Ninja Academy, in the hope they make a man out of him. Denki would rather do what he wants than follow his father's orders, but he doesn't have the guts to go against his wishes. Currently a genin in Team Udon.
- Adorkable: Very awkward socially, but he's rather nice.
- Bully and Wimp Pairing: Denki forms one with Iwabee after they help tutor each other.
- Cyber Ninja: Well, not yet, but he expresses his desire to learn ninjutsu and incorporate it with machinery and science. Thus far he has demonstrated skill in hacking for ninja exercises and tactics.
- Demonic Possession: Gets possessed by something looking like a chakra snake in the first episode.
- Extreme Doormat: He is often pushed around by kids of his age who takes his money by force.
- Geometric Magic: He knows the String Light Formation, a binding seal which can immobilize enemies but since his powers are undeveloped he can't maintain the jutsu for very long.
- Magitek: He tells Boruto he would like to find a way to combine technology with ninjutsu and in the opening appears to incorporate a laptop as a component.
- Megane: He sports specs, thus he qualifies as one.
- Non-Action Guy: While Boruto and the rest of his classmates managed to evade the opposing girls' team by jumping and sliding over/under them, he is unable to do the same and resorts to surrendering to them. By Episode 12 he has improved his physical skills considerably.
- Pay Evil unto Evil: Attempts to at least injure the kids who bully him in a train accident while under Demonic Possession of a chakra snake.
- Suspiciously Similar Substitute: He's very similar to the character from the manga, Tentou Madoka: They are both Lonely Rich Kids that befriend Boruto and wish to become shinobis; interestingly they both made their appearances roughly at the same time too.
Voiced by: Shinya Hamazoe (JP)
A genin of Boruto's graduating Academy batch and a former classmate and school friend of Boruto. The oldest student in Boruto's class. He's infamous for failing to graduate from the academy. He crosses Boruto path when he accuses him of riding on his father's success and fame. Needless to say, considering Boruto's relationship with his father, he takes it quite badly and they end up fighting. Currently a genin in Team Udon.
- Book Dumb: As a result of his poor grades, he fails to graduate from the Academy more than once. It turns out he has problems reading a book due to his poor attention span until Denki helps him to find a way to concentrate.
- Born in the Wrong Century: He seems like he would fit in better in the time before the war.
- Blood Knight: He likes ninja subjects, he's good at Taijutsu & Ninjutsu but gets bored quickly in academics lessons and subjects.
- The Bully: He starts as this to the rest of the students of the Ninja Academy.
- Bully and Wimp Pairing: Iwabee forms one with Denki after they help tutor each other.
- Defeat Means Friendship: After his fight with Boruto in Episode 2, he changes his attitude to be much friendlier with him and other students.
- Dishing Out Dirt: He apparently can use Doton, to the surprise of the other students.
- Fantastic Racism: He has a strong dislike for Hidden Mist ninja and their village due to his grandfather being killed by them in the past.
- Good Old Ways: He blames the fact that the Academy has subjects unrelated to ninjas and ninjutsu for his failing to graduate from the academy. He doesn't even show up in lessons he doesn't like.
- Hero-Worshipper: Iwabee is a very big fan of Naruto's and scoffs at the idea of the other four Kages being on his level. He's also a huge fan of Kakashi and Gaara.
- Hidden Weapons: His staff has a sword hidden inside it.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Despite his brashness, he is shown to care for others, even jumping into a burning building to save some children.
- Nice Hat: He wears a red cap covering his ears and secured by a blue string that holds up all his hair excluding a single bang that hangs between his eyes.
- Parental Hypocrisy: Or rather adult hypocrisy. He thinks the adults had it better during their age because everything could be solved with power, and only now they've decided times have changed.
- Simple Staff: He carries a pole as his main weapon but with his earth ninjutsu he can give it a hammerhead or spearhead made from stone.
- Sleeves Are for Wimps: He wears a white sleeveless shirt.
- Took a Level in Kindness: Iwabee debut as an arrogant loner who skips class and gets into fights too often. Following his fight with Bortuo, Iwabee becomes more open to his classmates.
- The Worf Effect: He gets defeated with one hit by Chocho in Episode 4 and on Episode 5 he gets easily dominated by Mitsuki in the latter's introduction.
- You Killed My Father: Holds a disdain towards Mist ninjas for killing his grandfather.
Voiced by: Ryo Nishitani
Rock Lee's son. A genin of Boruto's graduating Academy batch. A childhood acquaintance, former classmate, and school friend of Boruto. Currently a genin in Team Udon.
- Adorkable: According to the Boruto series, he's very awkward in front of people, easily distracted by crowds which makes it harder for him to focus during group exercices.
- All There in the Manual: His name and his relation to Rock Lee isn't given in the final chapter of Naruto nor in Naruto Gaiden. Both his name and his being Rock Lee's son come from an official data sheet.
- "Awesome McCool" Name: If anything, it's even more hardcore than his father's.
- Bare-Fisted Monk: As one might expect, Metal is a taijutsu specialist like his father before him.
- Big Ol' Eyebrows: As might be expected for Lee's son, he's got enormous eyebrows just like Guy and Lee.
- Generation Xerox: He takes after Lee and Might Guy, though at first the similarities are mostly physical. He's a Child Prodigy with Performance Anxiety, unlike Lee and Guy's horrendous lack of talent and Leeroy Jenkins Testosterone Poisoning mentality.
- Hero-Worshipper: Metal and his teammates are shown to be huge fans of Gaara, and even lament about how lucky Shikadai is to have Gaara as an uncle.
- Hot-Blooded: Another characteristic he inherited from Lee and Guy.
- Missing Mom: His mother (whoever is or was Rock Lee's wife) has yet to be seen.
- Performance Anxiety: He's a damn fine shinobi... as long as no one is watching...
- Strong Family Resemblance: He gained many of his looks from his father — hair color, eye color, skin complexion, body shape, and Big Ol' Eyebrows. The only differences are eye shapes and hair styles.
- Super Mode: He's shown to be able to use at least 3 of the 8 chakra gates.
- Superior Successor: While his Taijutsu still has a long way to go before it matches his father's, Metal can actually externally mold his chakra and use ninjutsu, having used the transformation jutsu and participated in the group sealing jutsu during the Genin exams.