Team 7 (Boruto Uzumaki, Sarada Uchiha, Mitsuki) | Team 10 | Other Teams | Other Leaf Village Members | Other Villages' Shinobi | Neo Akatsuki | Otsutsuki Clan | Kara | Other Villains | Other Characters | Legacy Characters
Here be spoilers. Any thing that has not been aired on the free versionnote of Crunchyroll should be spoiler-tagged.
Shin Uchiha Sr.
Voiced by: Nobuyuki Hiyama (JP), Mick Wingert (EN)
Debut: Naruto Gaiden Chapter 2 (Manga), Boruto Episode 20 (Anime)
The man Shin is working for, who Shin refers to as his "father". He was a former test subject of Orochimaru. After developing a fixation on the Uchiha clan, more specifically Itachi, he took the Uchiha name for himself and severed ties with Orochimaru, taking his "sons" with him. Believing that peace was detrimental to human evolution, Shin began a plot to revive the Akatsuki so that the ensuing conflict would be a catalyst to further his beliefs.
- Abusive Parents: Can't get any worse than using your child's organs (even if that kid is a clone) to heal yourself.
- Alone with the Psycho: After he performs the organ transplant on himself, he tries to invoke this to Sakura but it backfires. Turns out, Sakura had been trying to get as much information out of him as she could before "tidying things up".
- An Arm and a Leg: His right arm became Danzo's right arm.
- Big Bad Wannabe: Despite all his tough talks, he accomplished none of his goals, didn't win any battles, and was ultimately killed off by his own clone sons.
- Black Cloak: He wears a hooded black cloak over an Akatsuki robe.
- Cloning Blues: He himself is the original with a special DNA structure that Orochimaru picked up for his experiments and Shin and the others are clones of him.
- Contrasting Sequel Antagonist: Though many of the Akatsuki whom he is looking to succeed couldn't be contrasted to him, Shin seems to be a clear contrast to Nagato and Obito if his objective is to cause war rather than prevent it.
- Death by Irony: After spending the entire miniseries telling everyone that true evolution can only be achieved by sacrificing the weak and that children are no better than spare parts, Shin gets killed when his own clones turn against him since his own weakening body and Sharingan make him obsolete as their father.
- Eyes Do Not Belong There: He has Sharingan eyes all over his body.
- He's one to the Akatsuki, wearing a black coat with the red cloud emblem under his cloak and seeking to create his own iteration of the group.
- He's also an Itachi fanboy according to Orochimaru, who noted that Shin's fascination bordered on obsession.
- Flying Weapon: Like his son, his Mangekyo Sharingan grants remote control over any weapon he's marked. He uses this trick to stab Naruto by marking Sasuke's sword, catching them both off-guard.
- In the Hood: He wears one to hide his face and Sharingan eyes.
- Jerkass: Is a pretty massive dick to everyone, has no problem letting his clones (who are essentially his own children) die in order to save himself, and has said clones' organs harvested when he needs to stave off death. As such, most people didn't particularly mourn him when the Shin Jr's executed him.
- Know When to Fold 'Em:
- He calls Shin Jr. off from attacking Naruto, knowing the boy is clearly outmatched.
- Later, after getting Mama Bear Moded by Sakura, he retreats without delay.
- Laser-Guided Karma: He constantly treats his clones as disposable pawns, only for the clones to betray him for being weakened and injured, rationalizing their actions with his very own Social Darwinism.
- Magical Eye: He has Sharingan with three tomoe not just in his eye sockets, but all over his body. His left eye has a discoloured sclerae and has stitches keeping it open. He can also use the Mangekyo Sharingan, which has the same design as Shin Jr's.
- Meaningful Name: In Japanese, a number of characters are pronounced as "Shin", among them being "new" (新) or "true" (真), contributing to the initial mystery of the characters' connection to the Uchiha clan.
- Organ Theft: He personally guts Shin Jr. to get them.
- Seeing Through Another's Eyes: Via a weird looking creature resembling Deidara's creations or the mini Ten-Tails spawn.
- Social Darwinist: In a weird twist of this trope, he believes that peace prevents evolution from happening, and this will mean the eventual end of mankind. With that, he manages to mix Social Darwinism with War Is Glorious all in one sentence. His effort to resurrect Akatsuki can be seen as a way to restart the "evolution".
- Slasher Smile: He flashes an unsettling grin when Sasuke challenges him, made more unsettling due to the fact that he has no teeth!
- Start My Own: He plans to start a new Akatsuki organization. Not only does he fail, it doesn't even get off the ground!
- Teleporters and Transporters: He can use an iteration of Kamui through his left eye and pet.
- War Is Glorious: Implied by his Social Darwinism philosophy. His effort to resurrect Akatsuki could be seen as him trying to restart war.
- Would Hurt a Child:
- He targets Sarada with his flying daggers the moment Naruto's Tailed Beast Mode shielding her starts fading.
- He's completely unconcerned about putting Shin Jr. in harm's way, using the boy as a shield or as an organ donor.
- Despite being injured and betrayed by his clones, he still tries to kidnap Sarada and Chocho with his teleporting creature. Thankfully Sarada saw an end to that.
Shin Uchiha Jr.
Voiced by: Misuzu Togashi (JP) Alex Cazares (EN)
Debut: Naruto Gaiden Chapter 2 (Manga), Boruto Episode 19 (Anime)
A mysterious white-haired boy with Sharingan eyes. Later revealed to be just the name given to the various individual genetic clones of the original Shin Uchiha, who treats them both as sons and organ donors.
- Artificial Human: He's a younger clone of his father.
- Berserk Button: Sasuke outright makes him homicidal and furious. Seeing Naruto has this effect on him as well. This behavior is learned from his father. Once he's out of the picture, and after being talked out of more fighting by Naruto, the Shin Jr's lose this trait.
- Bullying a Dragon: His first act is to attack Sasuke. This is just as hilariously one-sided as it sounds. He later one ups himself trying to attack Naruto, again to no meaningful effect.
- Cloning Blues: There are scores of him.
- The Dragon: He answers to a mysterious figure dressed in an Akatsuki robe and hooded black cloak who he refers to as his father.
- Epic Flail: Shin seems to favor chain weapons, using both a chain sickle and a chain with a Fuma Shuriken on its head.
- Flechette Storm: His Fuma Shuriken can be broken into a rain of spikes to attack a group of opponents.
- Flying Weapon: His Mangekyo Sharingan allows him to remotely control any weapon he's marked with a seal on his hand, to the point of being able to break them into shards and still control the pieces.
- Giant Mook: He has a giant clone of himself.
- Like Father, Like Son: Like Shin S., Shin Jr. believes in "the strongest survive" philosophy. Shin Jr. kills him because he was too weak to even walk.
- Magical Eye: He has two Sharingan with three tomoe, and he's able to use the Mangekyo Sharingan.
- Meaningful Name: Like their father's name. In Japanese, a number of characters are pronounced as "Shin", among them being "new" (新) or "true" (真), contributing to the initial mystery of the characters' connection to the Uchiha clan.
- Mistreatment-Induced Betrayal: Shin Sr. treated all his clone sons as expendable organ donors. They killed him for it.
- Oh, Crap!: One of them has this reaction fighting Naruto. When he uses his Sharingan to look into Naruto's inner world and sees Kurama giving him a Death Glare, he nearly wets himself and loses the will to fight.
- Orphanage of Love: The clones are adopted into Konoha, with Kabuto running the orphanage.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: He wants to kill Sasuke to avenge Itachi's death and restore the Uchiha clan's honor.
- Self-Made Orphan: He kills Shin Sr. for being too weak.
- Sinister Scythe: He wields a chain-scythe when attacking Sasuke.
- Social Darwinist: A firm believer in this like Shin Sr. He even kills him for being too weak to move.
- Villain Teleportation: The creature accompanying him has the same Mangekyo Sharingan design as him and can use Kamui to teleport.
- Walking Transplant: His father freely uses him for organ donation, even if it will kill him. There's more where he came from.
- What Measure Is a Non-Human?: Orochimaru casually says that Shin's clones are expendable beings once they've outlived their usefulness. Naruto disagrees and later makes it a point to offer the kids a new home in the Orphanage of Love Kabuto runs, hoping that with time and proper training they will learn to fit in with others.
- We Have Reserves: Since there are many of them, Shin Sr. doesn't mind sacrificing them for an advantage.
- White Hair, Black Heart: He has white — or at least light-colored — hair, and serves as an antagonist in Naruto Gaiden.
- You Have Outlived Your Usefulness: They eventually decide that since they are newer than their "father", they are also stronger, and act accordingly.