- Ambiguously Brown: Her ethnicity is never confirmed, but her actress, Meg Tilly, is of Chinese and First Nations descent.
Portrayed by: Jodi Balfour
Portrayed by: Ali Liebert
- Fight Clubbing: After getting out of prison, she competes in underground boxing matches for money.
- Not So Differen Remarkt: Karl Mueller, the escaped German POW, points out that Betty is hiding her sexuality and the fact that she is at least one quarter German on her mother's side.
- Throwing the Fight: When she boxed, she would deliberately lose after winning a string of bouts, in order to get a cut of the money bet on her as the favorite.
- Tomboy: A Type 2. Outwardly, she usually dresses in a typical manner to most women in the era, but her personality is aggressive and brash, and she's not afraid of getting into fights.
Portrayed by: Charlotte Hegele
Portrayed by: Carlyn Burchell
- I Just Want to Be Special: Pointed out by Vera: "Sometimes you look at Carol and you see a little girl just wanting to be special."