Blue Mountain State Football (The Mountain Goats).
- Book Dumb: The highest GPA that we know of a football player has had was a B+ (Craig Shilo, "Midterms"). In addition, they all have their own nerds doing their academic work for them, eventually leading to a boycott in the episode "Nerds" after Sammy accidentally puts one of the nerds in a coma.
- Dumb Jock: They're not the sharpest knives in the drawer.
- Everybody Has Lots of Sex
- Everybody Must Get Stoned: "Drug Olympics".
- Jerk Jock: Although they are the focus of the show, this doesn't mean that they're very nice people. The show doesn't really focus on their treatment of people lower on the social hierarchy than them, other than their personal nerds for Rule of Funny.
- Karma Houdini: Their antics cause huge damages to the school, involve many illegal acts, and violate various NCAA rules. They seem to get away with it until the episode "Death Penalty".
- Male Frontal Nudity: The players on the football team, after the student body suspected them of not having penises/sending dick pics that weren't their own, create a large poster that shows that they did have penises and that most of them sent their own dick pics.
- Wacky Fratboy Hijinx: Despite the fact that the football team isn't a fraternity (or if there is a football fraternity, there's never a mention of it other than the letters Sigma Delta on the Goat House), this is basically what the show revolves around.
- Wild Teen Party: Basically every weekend at the Goat House.
Second String Quarterback: Seasons 1-2
Starting Quarterback: Season 3
- Deadpan Snarker
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Sammy.
- Hidden Depths:During season three, it's revealed that the reason Alex slacks off is because he thinks that BMS will be the peak of his life and it will all go downhill. He just wants to enjoy it as a benchwarmer rather than possibly screw up as a starter and let people down. He gets over it after Coach Daniels tells him that Alex has the talent to be great and go pro if he actually puts in the work.
- High School Hustler: College version.
- Only Sane Man: Usually keeps his head and tries to fix whatever problem is going on.
- Professional Slacker: Gives Jeff Winger a run for his money with the way he plots to avoid responsibility and work. Though after a pep talk from Coach Daniels in season three, he starts in put in more work on the football field.
Mascot: Seasons 1-3
- Casanova Wannabe
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Alex.
- Lovable Sex Maniac
- My Sister Is Off-Limits!: Inverted. Sammy is more than happy about his best friend dating his half-sister and even suspects the two will be married.
- The Team Wannabe: It takes Radon (who has befriended the nerds) to make Sammy realize he's no jock. He points out he's small, has no athletic abilities outside being the mascot, is not a chick magnet, does his own homework, is not concerned with his personal hygiene, has no style of fashion and to top it all off, the BMS captains sold him out to the nerds as the one who put their friend in a coma.
Team Captain/Linebacker: Season 1-3
- Badass Abnormal: He utterly demolishes a room rule of corrupt cops whilst injured. the Abnormal part is mainly due to his rabies abuse
- Berserk Button: Touch his sister or steal his dad's pocket pussy and be prepared to run like hell.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: The guy is a complete lunatic, but also a football prodigy who is so skilled that he became team captain as a sophomore.
- I Call It "Vera": His pocket pussy, which he received as a memento of his father, is named Oksana.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Sometimes.
- Jerk with a Heart of Jerk: Other times.
- Large Ham
- Mr. Fanservice
- No Indoor Voice
- Only Known by Their Nickname: His first name is actually Kevin. Everyone started calling him "Thad" back when he was a kid and tried to say he was sad his dad died, but he had a lisp and it sounded like he said "Thad" and everyone picked on him. He eventually started calling himself Thad to suck it up.
- Screams Like a Little Girl: His scream is unexpectedly more similar to a prepubescent girl than you'd expect from a 6'2" muscular football player.
- Serious Business: Practically everything. The more ridiculous, the more serious.
- Testosterone Poisoning: With a side of rabies...
'Starting Running Back': Season 1
Starting Quarterback: Season 2
Defensive Back: Seasons 1-3
Center: Season 2 1-3
- Those Two Guys: With Harmon
Placekicker: Seasons 1-3
Head Coach: Seasons 1-3
Assistant Coach: Seasons 1-3
Other members of Blue Mountain State
- Jerkass: Treats Craig like dirt most of the time. Even worse after it's revealed she cheated on him after keeping him abstinent.
- Dean Bitterman: He hates that people only care about the BMS football team and not the academics.
- Jerkass Has a Point: He's highly antagnoistic against the Goats.... because their a bunch of drunk, horny, destructive jerks who bring the university's reputation and credibility as an academic institution down.